Harpist - Mary Keener Reviews

116 Reviews for Harpist - Mary Keener

• Sean

Sean Mccann · Married on 08/22/2020

Incredible Harpist!

I had initially heard Mary perform at a wedding for a friend of mine and was blown away. So when I got engaged and was planning my wedding, she was a top contender to have perform for me as well. Right from the beginning I was totally impressed with her. Having never planned a wedding myself, she was very helpful in knowing and planning the flow of the day. I will also mention I live hours away from Mary and had to communicate primarily through e-mail, but she was extremely flexible, responsive, and easy to work with. The day of the wedding, it was a small, only 25 person, ceremony at the Denver Botanic Gardens where Mary played beforehand as people arrived, the whole music during the ceremony, and for a portion of the cocktail hour following the ceremony. During the cocktail hour I think all of the guests came up to me to either compliment her playing or ask where I found her. The next day even, everyone continued to be amazed by and comment on how awesome the music was. Her repertoire is huge, which helps to choose something more classic, contemporary, or just different. She can do it all and is even willing to learn new pieces if given enough time. I cannot give a higher recommendation for Mary. She is amazing!

Sent on 08/28/2020

Becky & Stephen Ortegon · Married on 08/02/2019

Perfect touch!

We loved working with Mary! She was able to help us pick the perfect music for our ceremony and played amazing. Our guests loved it! We highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Brooke Hodenfield · Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful music

Mary played at our ceremony and her music took our ceremony to the next level! Everyone loved her music and she came at a very reasonable price compared to other musicians. Highly recommend to everyone!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2018

Mary rocks!

From day one, Mary was easy to work with and a great fit for our mountain wedding ceremony. She is incredibly talented and has a large repertoire of songs to choose from. We got many compliments on her performance and her soothing music helped us feel calm and collected during the most important moments of our lives. One of our favorite vendors by far!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Carly Banton · Married on 10/09/2018

A Beautiful Sound for a Beautiful Day

Going into our wedding planning, I always knew I wanted something unique for the ceremony. When my now husband and I attended a small dinner showcasing different wedding vendors, we fell in love with Mary Keener and her harp. I knew immediately I needed her services for our wedding from just hearing her play a few selections. During the ceremony, her sound fit perfectly into the atmosphere and the physical presence of her and the harp made a very classy and personal addition to the room. Mary also had a great selection of modern and classical pieces to play during the ceremony. We did a combination of pieces that were classical, modern arrangements, songs from movies, and even some Beatles. The whole ceremony was tied together thanks to her music.

I don't think I can ever fully express how much I enjoyed working Mary and having her be apart of our wedding. It made everything really come together on a very special day.

Angela · Married on 09/23/2018

Gorgeous dream like ceremony.

Mary invited us into her home to listen to her okay prior to booking. We were in tears. She is amazing, and so easy to work with. A true professional. Everyone loved listening to her play, and I still get people mentioning it to us to this day. Thanks Mary, for making our dream wedding a reality!

Sent on 01/24/2019

Darlene · Married on 09/16/2018

Colorado wedding

Mary keener was absolutely amazing!! She is worth every penny!!! Thank you so much you made our day absolutely amazing .

Chloe · Married on 08/04/2018

The Most Amazing Ceremony!

Mary was absolutely amazing to work with. Originally my husband and I were just going to have our DJ play the music at our ceremony but when we discovered Mary at a tasting we attended at our venue we were sold! Her music is so beautiful and added to beauty of our ceremony. She played classic wedding songs as guests were seated and also played our processional and recessional music. I had even made a special request for the song I wanted to walk down the aisle to and she was able to do it without question! I would highly recommend Mary for anyone getting married and wanting to add that special touch that will be a memorable part of your wedding!

Sent on 12/02/2020
  • Sierra

Sierra · Married on 07/21/2018

AMAZING! Would give more than 5 stars if possible!

Mary is AMAZING!! She is everything you want in a vendor- responsible, personable and insanely talented. My (now) husband and I met with Mary, pre-wedding, to pick our ceremony songs and hearing her play, gave us both chills-no joke. She was amazing and we couldn't be happier that we had her play her harp at our wedding. It was magical! - Highly Recommend- would give more than 5 stars if possible.

Brandon E · Married on 07/16/2018

Beautiful music and so kind!

Even though we had some delays and timing issues, Mary was able to accommodate and did so graciously. She is very friendly and easy to talk to, making planning all the easier. On top of being a wonderful person, her music is simply beautiful. Very happy to have her be part of our wedding, it added so much class to the night. I cant recommend her enough, honestly. So to anyone else looking for someone to play their event...dont hesitate here.

Emily Grammes · Married on 07/16/2018

The absolute best!!!

Mary is an incredible harpist and made our wedding magical. She could play any song we wanted to perfection. Not only is she highly skilled and experienced, but she is very kind and professional. Our guests were blown away! I would recommend her to everyone.

Katharine · Married on 07/14/2018

Beautiful music for my wedding

Mary met with us before to play through some songs and helped us to put together the perfect playlist for our ceremony and for the cocktail hour after. We loved hearing the beautiful harp and were very happy that we chose Mary for our wedding music.

Rebecca Samples · Married on 06/30/2018

A Wedding in Vail with Mary Playing the Harp

A wedding in Vail is always special. There are few things you can do to make such a day even more special. Mary playing the harp, with music we had picked especially for us, is one of my favorite memories of our wedding. It was lovely and the music made the day even more amazing. I can't thank her enough.

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/29/2018

Truly perfect

Mary is kind, professional, flexible, and an expert harpist. I simply cannot describe how wonderful she was and how pleasant she was to work with. She played for our outdoor wedding ceremony (June 2018) and we could not have been more pleased with Mary and the music she played. As I was in the process of moving to another state during wedding planning, I was unable to meet with her prior to the wedding day. She was completely flexible and able to coordinate with me by email. We did not rehearse with her before the ceremony, but everything went flawlessly the day of the wedding! She has a vast repertoire of musical genres that she is able to play and I am certain that she can help make your day as special as she helped make ours. Additionally, we believe her pricing is fair and a great value for a live music option. We highly recommend Mary as a harpist for your wedding or event!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Gavin · Married on 06/23/2018

Excellent harpist

Very memorable part of wedding

• meeyuu

meeyuu · Married on 06/16/2018

Mary really made our wedding special

My brother had a harpist at his wedding, and it was so beautiful that I was DEAD SET on having a harpist at my own. Really, there's no other harpists in the Denver area that I could find who seemed to play the song list I liked and most of all, beautifully. I loved Mary's playlist that she had on her website. However when I contacted Mary, she had been already taken for our date and I was bummed.

I became a believer of fate in this process -- as I scoured for more harpists, Mary messaged me after I had launched a request on another website-- the date had become available because the couple she was booked with changed their date. I was ecstatic. My fiance and I visited her to hear some samples live, which was great. Mary is very courteous, and worked with my planner on the logistics (my wedding was on a mountain, so it was a bit hard to get to) to ensure a smooth day. I only got to see her as I walked out with my father to the altar (and then of course your mind goes blank and you don't really remember much), and then she waved as she packed up to say goodbye -- but all I got were comments about how it was such beautiful music and how everyone enjoyed it. I couldn't recommend her more! Thank you so much, Mary, for making our day so special.

Sent on 03/20/2019

Stefannie · Married on 05/20/2018

Mary Keener Harpist - Many notes of JOY

Mary Keener did an amazing job for our May wedding at the Botanic Gardens. The music she played was perfect; We could not have been happier. Mary is a joy and a skilled harpist.

Michele · Married on 04/14/2018

The most romantic backdrop for your ceremony -

From the moment I met with Mary, the experience was wonderful. She took the time to personalize every moment, going through song selections and making suggestions along the way. She was so pleasant and put me completely at ease. As I was planning from out of state, she even played specific pieces for me over the phone so I could truly hear how my choices sounded by harp. It was absolutely beautiful...the perfect backdrop for my ceremony. I highly recommend Mary for anyone looking for that perfect romantic touch for their wedding.

Lorena · Married on 10/27/2017

Amazing music! So beautiful, I recieved so many complements.

Sent on 01/27/2018

Deb · Married on 10/14/2017

We got so many compliments about her at our wedding! Highly recommend!

Mary was a pleasure to work with, and that helped so much during a very stressful time. She added a unique, magical presence to our wedding that we couldn't have accomplished any other way. The harp is gorgeous, the music is lovely, and we couldn't have been happier with her performance!

Sent on 02/01/2019

Gina · Married on 09/23/2017

Mary is an absolute pleasure. She was open to discussion and made me feel completely comfortable while planning the playlist for our wedding ceremony. The beauty of her music is such a gift! We feel extremely lucky to have had her as a part of our special day. Thank you, Mary!

Sent on 01/29/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2017

Mary was absolutely a joy to work with. She played all of the songs we requsted (and even learned some new ones for us!) and the music made our day so special. Many, many of our guests commented on what a beautiful addition it was to have Mary there playing. Would HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I are so pleased we had Mary play at our wedding. Her performance was absolutely beautiful. She was very accommodating in learning songs we wanted her to play as well as promptly emailing us samples of the songs we asked about. Having her at our wedding added something truly special and unique. If you're unsure of the music style you want, she takes the time to walk you through all the available options.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Gina · Married on 09/09/2017

Having Mary at our ceremony added an exceptionally elegant touch to our outdoor wedding. Her music during the cocktail hour ensured that the conversations would keep flowing and that the guests would have a pleasant and enjoyable time. She also slipped in a Harry Potter themesong which the guests thought added an element of fun. She made the entire process smooth and easy, which any bride and groom would appreciate.

Sent on 01/28/2018

Janie · Married on 09/01/2017

Mary was fantastic! She did an amazing job! We asked her to play a song that wasn’t already in her list, she made it happen. Couldn’t be any happier with Mary’s professionalism and skills.

Sent on 01/28/2018