Harpist Brian Noel Reviews

19 Reviews for Harpist Brian Noel

• Minh

Minh Le · Married on 06/22/2019

Professional and Flexible

We are glad we had Brian play at our wedding ceremony. He really knew the job and was very professional. He showed up on time, accommodate all our requests, and was willing to cover the Bridal Chorus when we told him the pianist who supposed to play it might not show up. We would definitely recommend him to our friends and family.

Sent on 07/02/2019

David · Married on 07/04/2017

Our guests were pleasantly surprised to have a harpist play during our ceremony. Brian played as the expert he is -- just the right songs at just the right times. We would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Brian was wonderful to deal with, he was probably the easiest/least hassle vendor we dealt with during our planning process. Very pleasant and professional, and has a good sense of humor too! We all very much enjoyed the harp music he provided during our ceremony. I hope we have an excuse to hire him again in the future!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Brian was very professional and worked with us to find the perfect music for our wedding day. He plays beautifully and many of our guests commented how much they enjoyed his playing. I would highly recommend Brian to anyone planning an important event, he was great!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Brian was a wonderful harpist! He worked with my daughter to coordinate the music selection to personalize the wedding for her and her fiancé. It really added a beautiful, special touch having him play. He was also very professional and I wouldn't hesitate to work with him again.

Sent on 09/09/2015

Kent · event on 05/09/2015

Brian is first and foremost an excellent musician and highly skilled harpist. He is professional and knowledgeable about music for any event, but also knows how to work with people. This is a rare combination!

Sent on 08/08/2015

Monica · Married on 03/20/2015

Hiring Brian Noel to play at our wedding was the best and easiest decision I made. After finding him online and listening to his music, I knew I wanted him to play at our wedding. Hearing him play the Ave Maria and Canon in D (which were my two ceremony must haves) are very moving! He was always quick to respond to emails, made choosing ceremony music very easy and made our ceremony so much more beautiful. I would highly recommend him and his team of musicians (we also had his violinist play at our wedding). If you're looking for a classic, breathtaking, and beautiful touch, he will not disappoint.

Sent on 02/25/2015

I and my Fiancé (now my wife) were looking for live music at our recent wedding that would perfectly fit our very special occasion. We searched the internet and talked to friends for referrals and we found Brian. He is an engaging person right from the start and listened to what we wanted, made suggestions from his experience and made the process easy giving use confidence that piece of our day would be excellent, and it was!
    Musically he is very talented and his music covers a variety of classifications and styles. He matched the tempo and mood of the proceedings during our event that cued our guests making the transitions seamless. Several of our guests made comment that his music set the perfect mood to bring everything together.
    He was a big part of the success of that day.

• W

William · Married on 12/28/2014

A harp changes an event from ordinary to extraordinary. Brian has played for many events at my church and at the homes of church members for elegant parties and receptions. He is always on time, prepared and ready to make beautiful music. I am glad to have the chance to recommend him.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Elle · Married on 12/20/2014

Brian performed during the ceremony and cocktail hour at my daughter's wedding. The harp music was a perfect touch of class for this very special day on the Queen Mary. Brian was professional and very responsive as we corresponded frequently regarding song selection and ceremony details. He even played a unique piece to accompany our soloist! Our guests were very complimentary about the music and his demeanor; we couldn't have been more pleased. I highly recommend Brian for your event.

Arthur · Married on 11/22/2014

Great professional harpist, music was beautiful. He played exactly what we requested

David · Married on 09/26/2014

Brian plays the harp expertly. I received so many comments on how beautiful our service was and how much Brian's playing added to the romantic atmosphere we tried to create. Brian's suggestions on pieces of music were very helpful and when we requested changes in dates and music, he was supportive and accommodating. I would recommend Brian to any couple that wants to make their wedding a memorial experience.

Paul · Married on 09/07/2014

I am the pastor of a church where we always use Brian when we can for special services. I enjoy his music and how he presents himself so much that when it came to our own wedding, he was the first person asked to play, and our guests were as delighted as we were.

Cathy · Married on 08/11/2012

We hired Brian Noel (harpist) and a violinist for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and the music was beautiful! Brian is very professional and easy to work with. Brian and the violinist arrived on time, and everything went as planned. The music added to the romantic ambiance.

Sent on 08/15/2012

Amy · Married on 09/12/2009

Brian Noel served as musician and contractor for our wedding. The musicians were on time, professional, and most important, provided beautiful music! Everything went off without a hitch, and we appreciated that even when his car got parked in and he had to find someone to help him out, he was 100% professional and friendly. If you want no-drama wonderful music, we highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/08/2015

Andrea · Married on 03/26/2006

Brian is a consummate professional and talented musician! If you want some beautiful music at your event, with a musician who is punctual, pleasant, and flexible (he knows that not everything goes as planned at an event, and he knows how to roll with it), then book Brian alone or with his other musicians. We had a trio at our wedding, with Brian playing the harp. It was absolutely one of the best things we did! I can also see that having Brian play at an event of any kind would add that perfect touch. My husband and I highly recommend Brian.

Marleen · Married on 03/07/1998

Brian demonstrated great knowledge in assisting me with my wedding music and arrangements. He is professional, friendly, and reliable. Brian's harp playing set the mood for one fantastic evening. I highly recommend Brian to anyone who seeks a talented, professional, and classy musician. He is the one!

Sent on 08/10/2015
  • User3820573 · 2+ years ago

3.5
      3.0

Thank you for making Our ceremony that much more beautiful!

Sent on 08/09/2015

3.6
      3.0

We hired this company to play during our ceremony, and they sounded great. Brian is usually pretty prompt at responding to emails, and their music added a special touch to our ceremony.

However, we had two disappointments regarding their service. First, my husband really wanted to walk down the aisle to a specific song. I went back and forth with Brian and had to find the score for the song myself because he said he couldn't find it. After all that, I later found out that the song didn't even play because they messed up on the cues. I only specified two songs for the processional--one for the entire bridal party and a separate one for me. No other song should've been playing besides the one my husband wanted to play. That was very disappointing because I know he really wanted to walk down to that.

The second point is that due to delays, they ended up having to stay an extra 15 minutes. To my horror, I was notified later on that Brian discussed additional payment with my mother-in-law and one of our guests actually had to pay him the extra fee on the spot because he wanted to get paid before they left. Such a sensitive money-related issue as that could have been handled with more tact and professionalism, or at least, it should have gone through the proper channels (either myself, my husband, or my wedding day coordinator). Instead, we ended up having to find out who that guest was and pay them back. (It's embarrassing, and it makes me wonder what would've happened if that guest had not had the money upfront to pay him!)

Sent on 12/10/2012

Harpist Brian Noel's reply:

This client asked for a piece of music that was not found on any standard sheet music websites and was unfamiliar to me, but ultimately the client did provide a manuscript copy of the piece for us to use. Unfortunately the wedding coordinator at this event never cued us before starting the processional, so by the time we saw the processional beginning, it only left us a few moments to scramble to bring up the tune and perform one of the two requested pieces. The comment "they messed up the cues" is not correct...we did not get any cues whatsoever from the coordinator. When things like this happen, the only thing we can do is adjust and make it appear as if this is how it was planned.

The ceremony went a full 30 minutes longer than contracted (starting a full 30 minutes after the time on the invitations), and our contracts do specify overtime rates. Since no one came up and offered overtime payment, that left me in the awkward position of having to ask for payment. Our agreement clearly states that it must be paid at the event, as we have no recourse to collect once we leave the site. The family member happily paid us and thanked us for our performance and apologized for the late start.