Harken Event Company Reviews

31 | Billerica, MA

31 Reviews for Harken Event Company

Pamela Leskar · Married on 11/10/2019

Best vendor we didn't know we needed

Have you ever walked away from one of your wedding vendors thinking "I didn't pay them enough money for the service they provided"?  I hadn't either, until we hired Harken Events.  Let me start by saying that I wasn't going to hire a wedding planner/coordinator at all.  I am a type A control freak who plans events as part of my job, so wedding planning did not stress me out.  However, I wanted to completely relax on my wedding day and not have to coordinate, so I hired someone. Enter - Shay.

Shay brings two people on for her day-of services, which is SO IMPORTANT.  One person needs to be keeping everything on track, and one person needs to be fixing anything that goes wrong.  One person CANNOT successfully do both.  And no matter how well you plan, something will go wrong.  Shay worked with us for months leading up to the wedding to make sure that everything went perfectly day-of.  She fully understood our vision so if issues came up, she just fixed them how she thought we'd want them to be fixed instead of bothering us on our wedding day (which is what we wanted).  When people seemed to think there wasn't a solution, Shay came up with one.  When I needed to vent to someone who wasn't my FH, Shay listened with a kind ear.

Shay knows this business inside and out -- she knows what vendors should be doing and what vendors shouldn't be doing and isn't afraid to tell them.  She pays attention to every little detail.  She doesn't say "I told you so" when your husband forgets to eat lunch even though she's told him every day leading up to the wedding -- she just goes out and gets him a sandwich.  She is more organized than anyone I've ever met.

Shay is not a coordinator.  She's a fixer.  She's a magician.  And she is the best money we spent on this wedding.  You are doing yourself a disservice if you don't hire her.

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Long · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing Attention to Detail

If you want someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to event planning, this company will work wonders for you. From offering up a variety of options from their own array of decorations, to putting the decorations together for you, to being onsite at the event to provide back-end help without ever knowing they are there so things run smoothly, then this is the company you want to have at your event.

Sent on 10/14/2019

Jillian Hall · Married on 09/04/2019

Such a great experience and such ease of mind!

I rented several items from Harken Events for a fall wedding and it was an amazing experience from start to finish. The guests loved the photo backdrop we rented for the photo booth as well as the desert table additions and most importantly, the doughnut wall and holders. The rentals were extremely well priced and the staff delivered and picked up promptly and right on time. I highly recommend Harken Events and look forward to working with them again.

Sent on 12/31/2019

Jill Gilberg · Married on 09/01/2019

Shay is the best!

I cannot say enough great things about Shay and Harken Event Company. She far exceeded my expectations of what her services actually entailed. She was so lovely to work with and quickly took the lead to become the liaison to all vendors. She was fun to be around - a wonderful sounding board and a great decision maker. No task was to small or large for her to take on. She was worth every penny in fact she was worth so much more! I can't say enough about her and would highly recommend her to anyone who is having a party large or small.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline Murray · Married on 07/05/2019

AMAZING Service. One of the best vendors in the industry.

I would seriously give Harken Events and it's owner, Shay, 10 stars on all of the categories if I could. We used her for our wedding decor and rentals and boy am I happy that we did. Everything she designed and created was absolutely beautiful, of high quality, on trend, "Instragram worthy", and matched my vision exactly. Shay is patient, responsive, and a great listener - all of the things brides and grooms should look for when selecting their wedding vendors. In addition, Harken Events is reasonably priced and mission-driven; they proudly offer military and first responder discounts, and Shay sits on the board for Brides Across America and does a ton of pro bono work for them. As a fellow military bride, I was honored when she donated my gratuity (which she could not have deserved more) to the BAA organization. I hope that speaks volumes to other couples about the type of person she is.

Most importantly, what amazed me the most about working with Shay is how she truly went above and beyond to help us out in the final days before our wedding. Harken Events says that they prioritize making their couples happy with their special day, and this example couldn't prove it more. When the coordinator at our venue bailed on us for coordinating our ceremony rehearsal, Shay willingly offered to coordinate the rehearsal in her place when she had no obligation or benefit to, she just did it out of the goodness of her heart. Not to mention - she did an amazing job at it! Her directions at the rehearsal were detail-oriented, visual!, and fun for the whole bridal party to listen to. It only made me regret that we didn't hire her to do our wedding coordination and planning from the very beginning of the process. Nonetheless, I hope other couples learn from our experience, and know that using Harken Events is one of the best decisions you'll make in your wedding planning process.

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2019

Unforgettable

Shay and her team were so amazing! Harken events was amazingly helpful throughout day one of our wedding planning process up until the big day which went Perfectly! They were so responsive and detail oriented which was exactly what we needed to incorporate everything we wanted into our wedding day. We had a large party and two different locations along with a shuttle bus and limo and Shay made everything feel so put together and organized. I couldn’t have done it without her and her team and would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Joanna · Married on 05/19/2019

Harken Events Has Your Back!!

Harken Events was fabulous to work with!! I would highly recommend them for your wedding planning needs. My husband’s friend from law school recommended Shay to us and it was honestly the best referral that we received for our wedding. Shay and team went above and beyond at every opportunity to ensure our wedding weekend was perfect. They were attentive, organized and willing to put a custom package in place based on what we were looking for help with.

Shay TRULY wanted to help throughout the process - she actually would check-in to see how she could help regularly. Shay also took the lead at coordinating with our venue and vendors and handled things with everyone seamlessly. She is incredibly sweet, creative, and helped make the entire process less stressful.

The reason we thought it’d be helpful to get a planner is because we found out our venue had booked an earlier wedding from 11:30-5pm. This meant our vendors would only have access on-site at 5:15pm. Initially, my fiancé and I were nervous about the quick turnaround time since our guests were supposed to start arriving at 6pm. Since the Bridal Party was taking pictures before the ceremony, we wouldn’t have anyone available on the ground to make sure things were being set up correctly. With Shay there to help, she ensured everything ran smoothly and that we didn’t have to worry at all. She was so prepared, worked with vendors to make sure everything was set up correctly, and also helped make sure we stayed on our timeline for the big day (since we had a huge wedding party and lots of photos to take).

Having Shay there, I felt comfortable and confident that we could trust things would go smoothly and everything would be set up the way we had envisioned (and it was!). Shay helped us coordinate the flow for our party, ensuring all of our formalities happened seamlessly and that people could just focus on having a good time. She also went out of her way to come on-site the day before at our final details meeting to go over everything with the venue, checking it against her master timeline to make sure things matched to what we had discussed.

Shay helped us personalize the wedding with small touches here and there. She picked up adorable signs that we were able to stage around the party (e.g. for amenity baskets, guest sign-in books, ceremony programs, etc.) so there would be a cohesive look which is something I mentioned wanting to have but forgot to purchase. She helped us pick up donuts that I had ordered for a late night dessert and then staged them on a beautiful dessert wall display that she also surprised us with. At the end of the night, we had leftover pastries that the venue couldn’t refrigerate so Shay brought them home to her own refrigerator and then brought them to brunch the next day.so guests could enjoy the treats. Shay really thought of everything and exceeded expectations at every chance..

Harken Events helped make our wedding the wedding of our dreams and it was such a pleasure working with them. I would recommend them in a second to anyone looking for a planner. They are amazing and will be there to have your back throughout the process!!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Brandon

Brandon Shemtob · Married on 10/13/2018

The Absolute Best!

There is an old proverb in business, "give more in value then you request in payment." Shay and Fabio epitomize this. From the moment my wife and I met them they were beyond friendly, professional and amazing. We were planning our wedding from many miles away and had to rely on them for A LOT. Not only did they consistently put our mind at ease throughout the process but they executed above and beyond on game day. Shay may be the most capable and organized person that I have ever met and Fabio is a wizard on budget projections and a calming presence throughout the process.

As my mom said constantly throughout the planning process, the wedding weekend goes by so quickly that you really want to enjoy the planning process as well. Shay and Fabio made that possible.

For those engaged couples that are reading this deciding between wedding planners, please do your future-self a favor and meet with this all star team. I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/01/2018

Harken Event Company's reply:

Brandon and Lainey, You guys are absolutely incredible people and we enjoyed planning every minute of your wedding. Given that you guys were not local, we embraced getting to know you as much as possible and we are so proud to call you friends. Your wedding was the perfect mix of elegance, emotional and fun. Your personalities shined through and the love was felt throughout. It was truly special! I love your comment on the planning process. It is our goal to have fun throughout and you are right, wedding planning should be fun! Thank you for your thoughtful review and we can't say enough about how much we appreciate you guys. We at Harken Events look forward to being there for you for many more memories to come!

Alaina Shemtob · Married on 10/13/2018

Harken Events Will Elevate Your Wedding in Every Way Possible

Shay and Fabio are premiere professionals, and also wonderful human beings. We could not have imagined our wedding without them. For dozens of reasons (or more!) I could not recommend Harken Events more, but here is why they are the best of the best.

Organization (and Systems):
    I have never seen more impressive Excel Shreadsheets. Shay and Fabio tracked. Every. Single. Detail. Mention something once, and they’d have it signed, sealed, and delivered before you can even remember what your idea was. Their superior organizational systems helped to facilitate a completely seamless weekend (at least to us and all our guests)! And they put our minds at ease by proving to us throughout the planning process that they had the ability to keep track of every detail.

Personalization:
    Our guests routinely told us that our wedding was the most personal and personalized wedding they’d ever been to. We are positive that that impact on our loved ones would not have been possible without Shay and Fabio. By way of example, Shay and Fabio did several things as surprises to us. Our welcome bags to the guests included our favorite snacks, mine being an apple and peanut butter. Shay and Fabio surprised us by imprinting the apples with our wedding crest and names! And it was edible! Another example- Shay asked me what kind of candles I liked for the bathrooms. I have no recollection of my response, but my friends all told me throughout the wedding night that the candles made the bathroom smell just like my house! Harken Events elevated every detail of the wedding experience so that it had our personalized touch.

Relationships & Interpersonal Skills:
    Managing dozens of different vendors is no easy task. Every personality is different, but everyone from the quirky florist to the commercial baker to the ten piece band needs to deliver for your big day. Shay and Fabio had the professional and interpersonal skills to navigate some high pressure moments with a range of other key players, all with grace and humor. We knew we could rely on them at all times. And we became genuine friends in the process. They were a pleasure to work with and we’ve already booked them for future family events!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Harken Event Company's reply:

I am speechless! I truly consider you a friend and not a customer. Your words mean the world to me. Your review is so amazing because it is validation that everything we do is showing through. Your summary hit the nail on the head of what we are all about. We always strive to go above and beyond and offer a custom experience down to the last detail. Your wedding was incredibly special and it will be a day not only you will remember but so will we. It is an absolute honor for us to be there with you on such a special day in your life. We are proud, inspired and humbled by this. I am so glad you mentioned our customized approach. We feel that the little custom details is what makes a wedding truly your wedding. It is so amazing to be able to put these "stamps" on such special days and to have the brides like you, see it and appreciate it and love it. Once again, thank you so much for your review. Your words are in my heart forever I know that we will be crossing paths and many more momentous occasions in the future and I can't wait to continue going above and beyond for you and your family!

Jill Liposky · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful!

Shay was wonderful to work with. She was very detailed and easy to work with throughout the entire process. Shay was very creative in capturing our wedding vision making it a day we will never forget.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Harken Event Company's reply:

Jill, Thank you so much for your kind words. Working with you was such an amazing opportunity to take your vision and bring it to life. Myself and the rest of the Harken Events team are so honored to have been a part of your day. The best is yet to come!
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 10/05/2018

The best part of planning was Shay

After searching for a planner and getting in touch with a few people, we found ourselves partnered with Shay and boy, did we make the right decision. There is no right or wrong way to plan a wedding, but there is definitely a right fit for the people involved and Shay was a perfect match for us.

During our first meeting, before we had even hired her, Shay was super informative and prepared. She was very open while talking about her experience so far and what would be included in her service (as well as pricing), and she went so far as to send us a preliminary budget spreadsheet that she normally uses to help couples keep track of how they want to spend their wedding fund. All of this together gave us a great feeling about Shay and it was a no brainer to hire her.

Now I'm not a "traditional" bride who had a clear vision for her wedding day, nor did we have a lot of help from family in the process. Shay was our champion though, stepping in and motivating us the whole time and being our true coordinator for it all. Shay brought her experience, positive and witty personality, as well as her tasteful design sense to the table. Her husband who also helps her out came to the meeting a couple of times and was a great addition to the team. We met in person several times (at least 3-4) and had a couple of conference calls - each meeting taking at least 2 hours since we wanted to cover so much. They were so generous with their time that it honestly amazed me. We would talk about the concept in the beginning and then she took some of my crazy drawings and ideas and really put it in a clear, organized format. As we got closer to the date she put the decorations in a "per area" format so we were clear on what we had planned to buy, rent, or DIY. A lot of props and lanterns, that if you're a normal person you wouldn't have a bunch of, she had in her possession and was happy to let us use.

Anything you have - questions, concerns, desires - share with her and she'll make sure to come up with an answer or a solution. Some of our vendors were a bit spotty on response/coordination, but Shay really stepped in to make sure everything got resolved/delivered and took the stress off of us. She even found us a local acoustic musician 3 weeks before the wedding because I (the bride) couldn't let go of my dream of a local artist helping us celebrate (thanks to Alex Anthony Music!).

I think I can say that anyone would be lucky to have Shay on their side, and your special day will be all the more so because of her addition.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Harken Event Company's reply:

Liz! I am so deeply appreciative of your amazing words and review of our services. It was such a joy working with you because as you said, you were not a traditional bride and your vision was full of unique creativity and personality and I loved it all! It is so rewarding for me to work with couples that embrace their personality and want to infuse it into their wedding. I loved helping make your vision a reality. I am so thankful to have worked with you on your amazing wedding because I'm so thankful to have gotten to know you and Dave. To be able to bring the organization and planning expertise to the table and then also our design capabilities was a great example of the value we can add to couples like yourselves. Thank you for allowing us to be a small part of your big day. You and Dave are forever a part of our Harken Events family and we are so proud to have been there in the beginning of your beautiful marriage. We look forward to celebrating many more special occasions with you!

Jeff · Married on 09/08/2018

Shay and her team are amazing to work with! I would definitely recommend her to anyone needing help with their wedding. The value that Shay brought to both our planning, and execution was outstanding. We did not have a long engagement, just about 5 months. In that time, Shay worked with us to make all our dreams and visions for our special day come true. Not only did she make sure that 100% of the things that were important to us were pulled off just as we would hope, she also made sure that all of the details we may not have been thinking about got addressed as well. Shay's personality feels like it was made for what she does. No matter what the task, if we told her it was important to us, then she made it known it was important to her as well. She was always a pleasure to communicate with, whether over email, text, phone, or in person. If we had an issue with another vendor, Shay was not afraid to speak up on our behalf. On the day of our wedding, there were so many logistics that needed to be dealt with, and of course unexpected issues popped up. To say these things barely hit our radar is an understatement. She simply took care of EVERYTHING. After our wedding, my wife said to me "hiring Shay was the best decision I made this year", to which I replied "didn't you decide to marry me this year?", and she sort of pretended that I was right, but I could tell she still thought Shay was a better decision than even her husband. I wish I could disagree!!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Harken Event Company's reply:

Rachel and Jeff! Thank you so much for your kind words. The line about "the best decision you made this year" made me want to cry tears of joy. Harken Events always seeks to go above and beyond and not just be 5 star but also be the absolute best possible for our couples. I loved being part of your wedding because it was so awesome to take your personality and creativity and help it come to life. You are now part of our family and I look forward to keeping in touch and celebrating your many milestones in the future. We are here for you and can't wait to celebrate more with you! Thank you so much for being such an amazing couple!

Shansi · Married on 09/01/2018

I cannot imagine how our wedding would've been the same without Shay and her team - having them as part of our wedding was the best decision we've made throughout our planning process. From the day we met Shay all the way until 2am on our wedding day, she has been nothing but passionate, attentive to detail and professional (not to mention, she's such a great person to be around). She truly cared that we had the best day and that we had nothing to worry about except to enjoy ourselves. I felt so relaxed the days and weeks leading up to the wedding knowing that Shay was on top of it all; to see our vision come to life on wedding day was beyond magical. Shay, thank you so much for making our wedding day such a memorable one - we are so grateful to have worked with you!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Harken Event Company's reply:

Shansi and Brian! First I must say that I loved your wedding and the two of you are one of the kindest couples I've ever known. It is amazing to you in that you were both in New Jersey and even without face to face interaction, it felt like we were old friends. We were able to laugh and keep it fun and I'm so thankful Harken Events could be there on your most important day. Everything turned out beautifully and I'm so honored to have helped you plan your wedding and ensure it all happened flawlessly. I am forever in your corner and can't wait to share more memories with you!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/18/2018

Working with Shay at Harken Events was such a wonderful experience. I reached out to her over a year before my wedding and from the very beginning she was so attentive and helpful. She worked with me from start to finish on perfecting my centerpieces in order to make sure that my vision came to life, and whenever I was unsure about something always went the extra mile to come up with additional ideas. Shay was so encouraging and thoughtful throughout the entire process, even if I acted like a typical bride and kept changing my mind. I would HIGHLY recommend Harken Events for any event designing and decor rentals. I couldn't be happier with my decision to work with them!!!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Harken Event Company's reply:

Emily! What makes working with you so special is that we engaged in your journey with you. We were there at the beginning and helped you with your design and then helped you iterate it throughout. This is so rewarding for us at Harken Events. It allows us to engage with you and be a resource and friend and not just a vendor. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your vision. What makes you so special is that we helped your sister and then you. To be part of your family is such an honor and we are humbled by your faith in us! Thank you again!

Eileen Viglione · Married on 08/18/2018

Harken Events made my daughter's shower perfect

I had the opportunity previous to my event to attend a wedding presented by Harken Events. Needless to say my first reaction entering the wedding I was captivated. The thought and attention to detail from entering the parking area to walking to the venue, then entering the venue I was mesmerized. What immediately came into thought was, if I had an event in the future I would have to have Harken Events as the event planner.
    As it turns out a year or so later I had my daughter's shower to plan and I wanted it to be perfect. I can't even put into words the experience. Again the attention to detail was breath taking. Despite being out of the state, Shay put me at ease with her communication and expertise. Shay gave me a lot to think about but more importantly guided me on how to achieve my vision. The day of the event, I saw in the eyes of my guests exactly what I wanted and that meant the world to me. I am still hearing from guests, saying how extraordinary the shower was. I have Shay and Harken Events to
    thank for that.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Harken Event Company's reply:

Eileen, your review is so special to me. The fact that you learned about us from attending one of our events is so inspiring as it shows that our work speaks for itself. I am so glad that I could serve you in an event and make your guests just as happy. This is what it is all about. We try to keep it simple. Go above and beyond and make people happy and everything will be perfect and our business will grow. Thank you so much for inspiring us and for being part of our event family. I can't wait to share more moments with you. It was an absolute pleasure being part of your daughter's day.

Jessica · Married on 07/20/2018

Shay is amazing!! She went completely above and beyond helping us make our wedding day come together. We just needed set up and break down services, but after experiencing how helpful, supportive, and professional Shay was I wish we could go back and have her as our day of coordinator or planner. She helped make things work when me and my mom were late to set up stuff, helped pull some escort cards together when I forgot to assemble them, and helped with other things along the way. I also rented some fun lawn games and directional signs, they looked amazing and were really fun. She was so helpful, had great ideas, and I can’t say enough nice things about having her help on my wedding day!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Harken Event Company's reply:

Thank you Jessica! You words mean the world to us. I'm so glad we were able to help your wedding stand out by providing amazing rentals that both added personality and helped you optimize your budget. It was so great to see how happy you were on your wedding day and such an honor to be a part of that. Cheers to you and to many more memories. Harken Events will always be here for you!

Sarah · Married on 06/24/2018

We hired Harken Events to help with some last minute wedding planning after I broke my ankle. I only wish we had done this sooner! Shay was amazing! She is detail oriented, organized and extremely kind. Having someone so trustworthy help with the stress of wedding planning put us at ease.
    We told Shay what we were looking for and she went above and beyond to make it happen. We Initially contacted her looking for doors to walk through for our ceremony. Unfortunately they didn’t have any…so instead she made them for us and they were beautiful; exactly what we envisioned and more! Shay also designed our dessert table, sweet heart table and made signs for us. We got proofs and pictures throughout the process to verify the designs we wanted and to make sure things were within our budget.
    The day of our wedding I felt so comfortable having Shay there. She set everything up, delivered the doors and took everything down afterwards. Everything was perfect and I felt less stressed having Shay there.
    Shay went above and beyond to make our day special (I even saw her outside helping the venue set up chairs for the ceremony). We can’t thank Shay and her husband enough for everything they did to make our day special!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Harken Event Company's reply:

Sarah and Joe, It was an honor to be part of your day. To work with such a kind and genuine couple as yourselves is so motivating. I loved everything about working with you and did everything I could to go above and beyond so that you can enjoy your day without stress! It was so much fun customizing your design and decor. The custom doors were such a fun project. It is so satisfying when I can solve a problem for a couple and offer them a sigh of relief with my services. Solving problems are what we are all about! Once again THANK YOU. You guys were amazing to work with and the smile on your faces was such a wonderful feeling to be a part of. Cheer to you!

Naomi · Married on 05/12/2018

We literally could not have made a better decision. Shay exceeded our expectations, went above and beyond for us, always had our best interest at heart, and worked so hard to help us plan the best wedding I could have ever imagined. Even our guests noticed how amazing she was. She really felt like our best friend throughout this process and it was obvious that she truly was invested in our happiness. I would extremely highly recommend Mosaic event group to anyone planning a wedding or event. Thank you Shay for making our night a success and we hope to work with you in planning any future event.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Harken Event Company's reply:

Naomi and Michael! You made it! Your wedding was the definition of a party! Your family and friends were so great and it was humbling to see you guys have such a great time an really take it all in. When we first spoke, you said your concern was to not enjoy your wedding because you would be worried. I am so proud to have taken the burden from you and enabled you to absolutely enjoy every minute of your special day. Thank you so much from the entire Harken Event Company (formerly Mosiac Event Group) team!

Kayla · Married on 05/05/2018

Shay was an absolute dream to work with! She provided me with pictures, prices, and guidance. She even delivered everything I asked for (and more) set it all up and broke it down for us to take a little bit of the stress away from our day! Could not have had a better experience! Would definitely recommend

Sent on 07/08/2018

Harken Event Company's reply:

Kayla, Your kind words warm my heart. I am so honored to have had Harken Events be a part of your day. You were such a beautiful couple and going above and beyond for you was a pure pleasure. Thank you so much for your kind words once again!

Roseann · Married on 10/21/2017

Shay and her team were amazing. They made our day so special! She thought of EVERY possible detail imaginable. It could not have been more perfect! From the cider and donuts before the ceremony all the way to the Mike's Pastry Cannolis at the end of the night, there was not one single thing that was missed. These were all her suggestions that made our day amazing. All of the comments since from our family and friends have been nothing but high compliments and I can only thank Mosaic Event Group! I would HIGHLY recommend them for any type of event planning.

Sent on 11/22/2017

Harken Event Company's reply:

Roseann and Mike, Your wedding was such an honor to be a part of. First and foremost it was an honor to get to know you and be trusted with your day. I don't take that lightly and am always grateful for such trust. Myself and the Harken Event Company team (formerly Mosaic Event Group) work very hard to provide "white glove" service and I'm so glad that you experienced that. Our aim, as we talked about, was to infuse that top notch level of service with creativity that that is not just a "Pinterest" copy but rather creative and interactive elements that relfected you and Mike as a couple. Everything we did was beautiful because they were a reflection of you and Mike! Thank you for your kind words and most of all your friendship! Your wedding is the start of many incredible moments!

Ryan · Married on 10/21/2017

Absolutely essential. If I could give six stars, I would. Ten stars. A hundred stars. My wife and I went with a friend of ours as the officiant, so a lot of the details were on us. Without Jillian, I don't know how the wedding would have gone as smoothly as it did. Going into it, I was sure that there would be at least a few things that didn't go to plan - but absolutely everything was exactly how we had pictured it. Jillian and Shay helped with the planning, helped with ideas on adding personal touches, and made sure the day-of was perfect. Jillian is the definition of above and beyond, even going to a bakery down the cape (our wedding was in Kingston) for the day after brunch to get pastries, because the ones at the hotel weren't great. Even the weather on our wedding day was perfect, and I'm pretty sure Jillian is responsible for that as well. I don't know how, but she managed to pull everything else together so perfectly, so it only makes sense. Mosaic is such a huge part of why our wedding day went so wonderfully, and we're infinitely grateful for all the hard work they put in. Anyone I know who's getting married or planning any kind of big event, I'll definitely recommend they go with Mosaic. Possibly the most important vendor we've ever chosen for anything.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Harken Event Company's reply:

Ryan and Sarah, Thank you so much for your kind words. Your wedding was awesome. It was a perfect balance of love and elegance with fun and personality mixed in. It was so much fun planning your wedding and such an honor. Your review and your smiles mean the world to us. It is the validation that our above and beyond service attitude pays off by creating memories for a lifetime for special couples like yourself. You are an inspiration to us. Harken Event Co (formerly Mosaic Event Group) will always be here for you!

Erin · Married on 10/14/2017

I don't know how to say all the things I want to! Shay/Mosaic does it all. The set up, break down, vendor coordination, deliveries, keeping me on track by building out a task calendar, set tables, cleaned up... I could go on and on. But beyond her ability to get things done, she’s one of the kindest people I’ve ever met. She is patient, professional, and genuinely does things in the interest of the bride and groom.

In full transparency, I was on the fence about hiring a wedding planner. From engagement to wedding day, we had almost two years to plan, so I figured I had it all under my belt. As we approached the 9 month-out mark, I started thinking things like, “who’s going to meet all my vendors on site the day of?” and “who’s going to set up the apple cider bar for guests to enjoy during the ceremony?” and “I don’t have time to Pinterest all day – who can I give a vision to and trust?!”

We’d set up a meeting with Mosaic to check out some of their rental items. When we learned of Shay’s event planning background, we began asking what hiring a true wedding planner looked like, as I’d never even considered it, and my now-husband was sold right away.

Here’s the thing: it’s your wedding day, it’s a once in a lifetime experience & it goes by VERY quickly. The last thing you want is to be looking at the clock every hour trying to figure out where you should be, what you should be doing or if all your guests have found their seats. Shay was the exact person I needed so that I could genuinely enjoy my day with all our guests – she’d tap me on the shoulder when it was time to cut cake, dance with parents, or take a seat. She also kept everything that went “wrong” completely hidden from me. I had no idea my florist went to the wrong country club and that other vendors were late!

Weddings add up quickly but do yourself a favor & inquire about wedding planning services from Mosaic. It was the best money I spent on the entire wedding. (Pics of her work attached!)

Sent on 10/26/2017

Harken Event Company's reply:

Erin (and Jason), Thank you so much for your amazing review. Words cannot express my appreciation. As a planner, it is so gratifying to know that my work enables couples to rid themselves of stress and allows them to fully enjoy every second of their precious wedding day. To do this for you is the ultimate goal. I'm so glad to have met you and been part of such an amazing day. The joy on your face during your wedding was absolutely heartwarming. Cheers to many more days like this! Thank you again. Your words mean the world to me. Harken Event Co (formerly Mosaic Event Group) will always be here for you!

Jason · Married on 10/14/2017

Our wedding would not have been the same without Shay and her team. They went above and beyond from the most finite details to perfecting the big things. Shay and her team were “Johnny on the spot” and any obstacles that arose were solved before my wife and I even knew they happened.

Hiring Shay was the best decision we made throughout the planning process

Sent on 12/28/2017

Harken Event Company's reply:

There is no greater complement than you saying that hiring us was the best decision you made. I take these words to heart and thank you a million times. Harken Event Co (formerly Mosaic Event Group) literally exists for these reason. Your wedding was the definition of friends and family getting together and having a great time. I hope that you will cherish such an awesome day forever and take time to reflect how great it was. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it.

Leannea · event on: 10/08/2017

There is no better than Shay! She puts herself into everything she does to ensure you have an absolutely amazing day. I refer her to everyone I know and always look forward to working with her!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Harken Event Company's reply:

Leannea, Thank you for your kind words and your friendship. Harken Event Company (formerly Mosaic Event Group) is built by forming relationships with amazing people like yourself, offering them above and beyond service and allowing you to experience life's precious moments without worrying about the details. Thank you for allowing us to prove ourselves to you!

Beth Dwyer · Married on 08/30/2017

Surpasses your every expectation

I was having a quiet no frills wedding in the backyard. I wanted a space that was casual but represented us and had no idea where to begin. Shay put together a couple of different looks and within an hour she had created the space I envisioned. Her attention to detail and easy going personality made her a pleasure to work with. From set up to removal it was flawlesss. I cannot say enough about how happy we were with her.

Sent on 06/29/2019