45 Reviews for Hard At Play

Sound/PA System (1)
Uplighting (1)
45 Hard At Play Reviews

4.7

I would highly recommend Hard at Play! Tommy and his staff were wonderful! From our 1st meeting to our details meeting Tommy was able to answer any questions we had and offer insight if we needed it! He kept the dance floor full all night and the energy high! The photo booth was a hit with our guests and we loved getting the book at the end of the night filled with copies of everyone's pictures and the flash drive to allow us to upload the photos to our computer! The up lighting really helped to finish the look of the room off, I would have been very disappointed if we didn't have that. Overall this company is professional and made planning fun for us! Thank for Tommy and staff for keeping us and our guests on the dance floor all night and for helping to make our night so memorable!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/9/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Amazing and down to earth. Really paid attention to detail!

Profile Picture Rob, 10/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Loved having Hard at Play's photo booth at our wedding. Originally, we weren't going to have one, then decided to use the photos with frames as our favors. Everyone went into the booth, includes my 93 year old grandfather! Younger guests were frequent customers, and it gave them a great alternative to dancing or causing trouble elsewhere. The scrapbook with the pictures printed out was a lovely addition to help us remember the night.

I struggled finding a company on my own that fit our needs and found Tommy's company through our vendor. It was an expensive booth compared to others we worked with, but the price was worth it. I never had to worry about them leading up to the event and during it. Simply a professional company that made a tremendous impact on the environment of our wedding.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Reviewed On 11/20/2016 Paul B
With so many dj's to choose from, our photographer Schaler photography recommend hard at play. We could not have found a better dj for our wedding. Tommy was great from start to finish. Even with a baby on the way, Tommy still took the time to meet with us at a moments notice. We also added the photo booth, and it was well worth the money, our guests loved it. It was a long reception, and Tommy kept everyone dancing till the end. He also would look over to me to see if I was ready to start the flower/garter stuff. We can't say enough about hard at play. Thank you so much Tommy. Paul and Alicia 6/11/16

Profile Picture Paul, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Tommy Plante from Hard at Play was an absolutely amazing DJ at our wedding, on May 7, 2016. I can't say enough how he made everything perfect for our reception, from the timing of the events android ability to keep the whole night moving smoothly to Every. Single. Song. that was played. He was amazing!!!! Loved, loved, loved him!!

Profile Picture Margaret, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tommy Plante and Hard at Play was definitely a great investment! He was reasonably priced but did an outstanding job! He listened to all of our requests, our do not play list, he created a great ambiance and atmosphere during dinner and incorporated all the things we needed. A lot of people commented on how great the music was. He was exactly what we wanted. Very professional and fun to work with. Cant say enough great things about Hard at Play!!!

Profile Picture Gina, 4/16/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tommy was great to work with. He was professional and personable. He put the bridal party and the guests at ease. And, we had a great party with Tommy Plante as our DJ!

Profile Picture Josephine, 1/1/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Tommy created a stress free day! He and his assistant Rob were extremely attentive and created an amazing party atmosphere! Thank you so much for being our DJ!!

Profile Picture Lia, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Liability Insurance, MC

The uplighting at our reception was perfect. Tommy was easy to work with and came through with just the color we were looking for. Great Job!

Profile Picture Robert, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

We had such a blast at our wedding and we owe a large part of the success of the night to Tommy from Hard at Play. From the first meeting Tommy was friendly, professional, and incredibly knowledgeable when it came to planning the entertainment portion of our wedding. He had many helpful suggestions on uplighting as well as ceremony and reception music but did not push his own opinion or try to change our minds on specific components that we wanted. I never felt like he was trying to upsell the entertainment package but rather, really worked with us to find out what things we wanted to make our wedding "ours". He had worked weddings at our venue previously and had a great deal of experience as to how the day would flow which we found very useful. Tommy was great at getting back to us with answers during the planning and though I know he was busy with other weddings leading up to ours, he never made us feel like we were anything but his top priority. As two very busy people trying to plan a wedding this was a great asset to find in a vendor and really helped keep that portion of the planning uncomplicated!
The one thing we said wanted was a wedding where guests were up and dancing the whole night and having a great time-that is exactly the kind of evening Tommy delivered. Both he and his assistant Rob helped make the day run very smoothly and kept it worry free for us. They participated just the right amount without being overbearing and truly made the night fabulous. We received so many compliments on the music and the reception. We are so happy we chose Hard at Play and specifically Tommy and Rob as our DJs! We would recommend them with no reservations to anyone looking for a fun filled and lively reception!

Profile Picture User6256458, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Amazing company, kept the music going, organized. Would recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture User5544270, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tommy was excellent to work with, starting from our very first meeting with him nearly a year before the wedding. He was prompt with returning emails and always pleasant. On our wedding day we gave no set play list for dancing and only told Tommy that we wanted a mix of everything and we liked to dance. The dance floor was packed the whole night and he played everything I even thought about requesting. Tommy and his assistant checked in with us through out the night and made sure we had time to eat n between the events of the evening. He is a talent and true professional and I would recommend him to anyone!!

Profile Picture AnnMarie, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Tommy is truly amazing! He has a great personality and made our event so much fun. The photobooth was awesome And the pictures came out great!

Profile Picture Jordyn, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

You guys are awesome. Everyone I spoke with agreed that you were the best DJ they have seen. You were attentive and frequently spoke to me regarding our needs that day. We appreciate the help in making our day memorable.

Profile Picture Kaila, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

My husband and I hired Tommy Plante to provide the musical entertainment at our wedding. We were absolutely thrilled with his performance at our reception! The dance floor was full for the entire night and Tommy provided a great mix of music that appealed to all of our guests. Tommy was always available to answer questions during the planning of our wedding and he provided insight and suggestions of musical selections when asked. I would highly recommend Tommy Plante and Hard at Play DJ services for anyone planning a wedding and I will certainly plan to work with him again for future events.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 12/27/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tommy did an amazing job of keeping people dancing and having fun. I left my wedding exhausted and had a blast!! They also provided music for our ceremony and up lighting which made the venue. Tommy even brought a few extra lights and places them in our cocktail hour space which was a gorgeous surprise!! I would recommend hard at play to anyone!

Profile Picture Jenna, 10/19/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We absolutely loved working with Tommy and his team! Professional & flexible he made our night awesome. From the ceremony to the last song everything went absolutely perfect and no hiccups at ALL! Also uplighting is a must, our blue uplighting was a great touch. Tommy really listened to our requests and our guests were impressed. All our guests danced all night anands loved the music selections. We have been recommending him to everyone and we can not wait to work with Him again. Do not hesitate on booking with Tommy because it's going to be a great time.

Profile Picture Dallas, 10/19/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Our wedding was one if the best nights of my life and I could not have been possible without Hard at play. I would recommend them to everyone for everything. Tommy made everything a breeze and made sure everything went smoothe. Thank you guys so much!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Tommy was the DJ at our wedding and he was outstanding. He kept the dance floor packed with guests all night. We have not stopped getting calls, asking who the DJ was because he was so great. Tommy not only did a fabulous job being our DJ, he also provided the uplighting and a photo booth. The uplighting was incredible, and the photo booth had a line from the start of the reception, till the very end. Tommy not only was great on our wedding day, but he was so easy to communicate with, answering any requests or questions we had. He was amazing! I highly recommend Tommy Plante!

Profile Picture User3851850, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Great DJs! Tommy has an energetic and infectious personality and is very experienced. He provided great tips and was very professional. He can be difficult to get a hold of, but once you do, he is great about answering all your questions. I do wish I could have heard more of the songs I requested because I did spend quite a bit of time on the music list and didn't get to do some of the dances I really wanted to. I also would have liked a little more of an emcee that would interact with the guests a bit more. Overall though, Hard at Play is an excellent choice and will provide you with quality service and music you will love!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/12/14, 1 Review
4.2

Tommy did an awesome job MC'ing and DJ'ing our wedding. From the point the dancing started, the floor was packed the rest of the night. Tommy obviously has a great instinct for the rhythm of a wedding once the dancing starts, and this resulted in non-stop dancing from our guests. I had several friends who are going to be getting married in the near future ask who our DJ was in order to look him up and book him after the wedding was over. Couldn't have asked for a better night!

Profile Picture Eric, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We just got married a couple weeks ago and had Tommy as our DJ at the reception. I have nothing but positive things to say about the service Tommy provided. The dance floor was PACKED - everyone was out of their seats dancing. During the planning meetings, Tommy listened to our ideas and what we wanted and from there offered honest, professional and EXPERIENCED advice and ideas. Thank you Tommy!

Profile Picture User4353133, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

They were excellent to work with. They had a variety of songs and honored our requests. I would recommend this company to anyone in need of a dj for their wedding reception.

Profile Picture User4466497, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I was initially worried that personalities were clashing between my wedding planner and the dj who had never worked together before. But they were both able to be professional and it all turned out great!

Profile Picture User4499746, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Hard at Play is a great DJ service. Very flexible and professional. My wedding would not have been as good if it wasn't for Hard at Play.

Profile Picture Jeff, 5/10/14, 1 Review