Harborside East Reviews

Harborside East 1
Harborside East 2
Harborside East 3

Megan Roach · Married on 11/03/2018

The venue and Chelsea made our day come true

The venue doesn’t need any help, it’s so magically beautiful that it doesn’t need much decorations. A one stop shop for any party, wedding or gathering, it will hold and please all that come! Thank you Chelsea for being so awesome!!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Lindsay · Married on 05/05/2018

I consider myself lucky to have found Harborside East for my wedding! The morning that my mom and I were going to meet with our wedding planner, my mom found something online for Harborside East. They had literally just opened (formerly 28 Bridgeside). We went by after not loving any of the other venues and it was just perfect. The view is breath taking and the inside is just beautiful. There is a very large patio outside and even in July we had guests out there, the breeze was so nice! There is a few areas outside for a ceremony, but being in July, we had an indoor ceremony at a church. We did go outside to take pictures at sunset with the bridge in the back ground. There is also a bridal suite, which was nice to put our bags and to change shoes, etc.

Lindy was great to work with and the price was much better than most locations in Charleston. You can also use your own caterer and bartending service, which was a plus for us! I would hands down say this is the best venue in Charleston for a wedding or reception! I predict it's going to be a popular venue very soon!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Meghan · Married on 09/03/2017

Harborside East is a beautiful venue and was definitely worth every penny for both the ceremony and reception. We used the larger lawn to the left of the building for the ceremony and then the inside/outside part of the venue for the reception. We lucked out with great weather and got wonderful compliments about the setup and location of the wedding.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Kay · Married on 07/15/2017

Harborside East is extremely beautiful and cost efficient. The team is very responsive and accommodating. They make sure you're comfortable with the space before and during your event. This is a great way to get beautiful pictures near the bridge as well as extensive space to host your event. This was the perfect venue for my wedding ceremony and reception.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Rhonda · Married on 06/17/2017

Stunning views!!! This venue doesn't require a lot of "filler" decoration because it provides it's own scenery. One site for ceremony and reception so that guests don't have to worry about driving. Plenty of parking. Chelsea was so helpful and was glad to give recommendations that were of the upmost quality! Being out of town and planning a wedding, this was the biggest help! Chairs and tables, large kitchen if needed, large bar area all available for you to use. Gorgeous!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Kelly · Married on 04/22/2017

My husband and I looked at numerous wedding venues, but as soon as we walked into Harborside East we knew it was the one. We were planning a destination wedding and really wanted to find a venue that would "wow" our guests. Harborside East is so beautiful inside and outside, and I am so happy that we were able to have our wedding here. We loved that the venue is right on the water and has a gorgeous view of the Arthur Ravenel bridge. We loved the venue so much that we wanted to make sure we utilized every part of it. We had our ceremony on the lawn, cocktail hour on the outdoor terrace, and our dinner and reception inside. It was close to 90 degrees on the day of our wedding, but the breeze from the water made it completely comfortable. Our guests loved the venue and are still raving about how great it was. Not only is Harborside East beautiful, but it is also a great deal, and everyone that works there is wonderful. Chelsea is so sweet and helpful. She was really a joy to work with. My husband and I would highly recommend Harborside East to everyone looking for a great wedding venue!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Anjaly · Married on 11/06/2016

A beautiful and unique event space in Mt. Pleasant! Our Hindu and Jewish wedding ceremonies were on the lawn and our reception held indoors. The venue is much bigger feeling than the website's floorplan perceives. The patio held all of our guests for dinner with a buffet setup indoors. Management was responsive and attentive to our needs. The exception was their representative the actual night of the event. Our main contact person was out on maternity leave and her replacement was not the easiest person to work with.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Samantha · Married on 09/24/2016

The site was beautiful and exactly what we wanted. The views are incredible and it is really a unique venue in Charleston. We were very happy with how everything turned out!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Brandy · Married on 07/04/2016

I am so happy with our decision to get married here! The venue is absolutely beautiful and Chelsea was wonderful to work with. Our wedding was on the 4th of July, and the harborfront view of the fireworks was unbelievable. The tables and chairs were included in the rental fee, and they were flexible with accommodating our hours and rehearsal request. I highly recommend this beautiful setting for your event!

Sent on 07/25/2016

LaStacia · Married on 09/19/2015

Event space was everything I wanted. We wanted an outside wedding and there were 5 different lawn spaces to choose from.

Sent on 10/27/2015

This site made a beautiful reception for us. It was spacious, gave us protection from the rain but also allowed for us to be outdoors, and the sights made beautiful pictures. We Loved it!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Harborside East was the frame for my Vow Renewal, and all the family and friends inside made the picture. It was truly an elegant night, themed Great Gatsby-esque and the venue was the focal point. Beautiful interior, large windows, dark hard wood, marble floors, spacious covered patio, large uncovered outdoor space, and beautiful landscaping and outdoor spots for breathtaking photos with the Ravenal Bridge in the backdrop. Harborside East is right on the water, minutes from downtown and a perfect space for any event. My husband and I fell in love with it online before even seeing it. After 1 trip prior to the renewal, we knew Chelsea and Harborside East were the venue for us. Thanks so much Chelsea for all of your assistance...and even letting us in the day prior to rehearse our first dance ;)

Creek Club Beverage Catering at Harborside East was also fantastic. Chauncey and her team ensured all glasses were always filled! :) The tiered packages can meet any budget's need. We chose the Gold package and the selection was awesome. The staff effortlessly manned 2 bars and all of my guests had an incredible time. I know I had some last minute # changes...so thanks Chauncey for your flexibility and support. We really had the "A Team" of vendors!!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 04/25/2015

I was recently married at Harborside East and could not say enough good things about this venue and the coordinator, Chelsea. We planned to have our ceremony on one of the lawns, and the reception at the outdoor/indoor parts of the space. At the last minute we had to rent a tent due to the weather forecast and move our ceremony up to the deck. Even with a tent, the entire space was so gorgeous and the guests were raving about the space. We had about 120 people and this spot is so wonderful for a nice, open area for everyone to visit. The view is also one of the best in Charleston, overlooking the harbor and historic Charleston. Chelsea was amazing to work with from beginning to end. We searched for a bit 14 months before our April wedding and had a lot of trouble finding anywhere with availability, and then we stumbled upon Harborside East. I emailed Chelsea that night and she responded to me, on a Saturday night, and set us up with a meeting immediately on Monday and we booked the space. The only negative part of the venue is that you are required to use Creek Club Catering for the bar service, which I had a very difficult time communicating with. They were great on the actual wedding day, but unfortunately their owner, Mike Russo, is the most unprofessional person I have ever worked with and was extremely rude to me based on an error that one of his employees made. Just be sure to have Chelsea or your wedding planner work directly with Creek Club so that you don't have to work with them yourself. Otherwise, great experience!

Sent on 05/03/2015

Harborside East was a FANTASTIC venue for my April wedding. It was the best of both worlds: the outdoor splendor of the Charleston harbor and the indoor convenience of a great dancefloor and modern convenience. There was plenty of room for my 200 guests. Our POC at Harborside East was super easy to work with as was the Bar POC. The set up was fantastic and guests got to dance inside with the band - or enjoy the stars on the patio. I'm so glad I got married at Harborside East!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Love this venue but if you're tired of reading how pretty it is know this:

1. BRING A FAN! (or two) The bridal room gets hot fast with 8+ girls shoved in. It's honestly a 20 degree difference from inside the room to outside. Same for the guys. Our guys were in the walk-in cooler to keep from sweating. See wedding date... it doesn't matter what time of year. Bring a fan.

2. It's windy. Do not buy linens for outside.
    OMG SO WINDY. You cannot control this but know there is no point of having linens and a long veil may be iffy. You're right on the water. Wind is always going to be there. Get flameless candles for outside too. Your candles will just blow out or your linens will blow on top of the flame and catch fire... seriously.

3. The grass never dries/always soggy
    It rained on Monday and Tuesday, our wedding was a Saturday and the grass was still muddy and mush. We took pictures out there but everyone was sinking.

BESIDES THOSE THREE THINGS:

It's a gorgeous blank canvas of a venue. Honestly it was gorgeous. I can't get over it. We were married on the pavilion and were so glad!
    Plus you can have your ceremony so that the building is not in the pictures! See our blog here: http://dreampop.tv/dreampop-blog/2014/10/24/charleston-wedding-harborside-east-lauren-dana

It's worth the money.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Harborside East is a gem of a venue. It provides such flexibility for ceremony and reception, rain or shine! We were fortunate with the weather for my daughter's wedding, but we were relieved to know we had a rain plan with the covered patio area. Between the skyline view of Charleston, the Ravenel bridge and the Yorktown, the backdrop is absolutely breathtaking. Not to mention a sunset ! Chelsea is the absolute best to work with at Harborside East. The entire venue is so pretty that you do not need much decor or you can tastefully embellish the overall venue. A wonderful vallue, a wonderful staff and a wonderful venue!
    Patrice B

Sent on 10/23/2014

Rachel · Married on 05/31/2014

This venue is beautiful and easy to work with! Although I did not hold my ceremony here, my reception was absolutely breathtaking and we received comments all night on how beautiful and unique the venue was.

There is plenty of space, an amazing view, and a huge bar and inside area to enjoy as well. We thoroughly enjoyed each aspect of Harborside East and would highly recommend it to another couple.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Jacqueline · Married on 03/23/2013

I full recommend this venue if you are having a sizable wedding. Its a large indoor outdoor space so if you don't have a lot of people it could feel a little empty.
    I choose it because of its view (great sunsets!), size, natural decor and because if it rained I wouldn't have to freak out. I originally planned on a lawn ceremony followed by sunset-cocktail hour on the porch with the dance party inside. Unfortunately, it did rain and it was very easy to implement a back up plan that was just as gorgeous and didn't ruin my day at all!
    Amanda was extremely nice and I always heard back from her within 24 hours. She also let my coordinator come set up some of the wedding as they did not have an event the prior Friday which saved a lot of time and stress when the rain storms hit.

Sent on 04/29/2013
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 12/01/2012

I could not have imagined a better place for our wedding reception!! Harborside East is stunning inside and out, and has the best view of the peninsula you could ever imagine. It needs little decoration to make it look amazing; they have several marble tables and chairs inside available, and more than enough iron tables and chairs outside to accommodate guests. The dark wood, brushed steel, chandeliers, and frescoes give the inside such a warm feeling. Lindy is so sweet and great to work with, that the quality of service and value of Harborside East combined truly make it one of Charleston's TOP venues. (Pictures of our wedding at HE can be found here: http://landonjacob.com/13674/)

Sent on 01/21/2013

Betsy · Married on 10/13/2012

Everything was wonderful! The Harborside East venue is lovely with amazing views of Charleston harbor, the Yorktown, and the harbor bridge. The indoor and outdoor terrace space suited our needs completely. The beautiful sunset was an added blessing. The property manager, Lindy treated us professionally and with thoughtful care.

Sent on 10/23/2012

mary beth · Married on 08/18/2012

The view of the harbor was awesome. The venue is so pretty little decorations were needed. It even came with tables and chairs!:

Sent on 08/24/2012

Lynne · Married on 08/12/2012

Lindy was very professional and helpful!! She helped our event be such a success!

Sent on 08/16/2012

Rebecca · Married on 07/14/2012

Harborside East was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding! We consider ourselves lucky to have found this location. The facility was beautiful, clean, perfect location with a wonderful view on the harbor and the staff was wonderful to work with. Anyone who is considering any type of reception should jump at the opportunity to reserve Harborside East!!

Sent on 07/21/2012

Liz · Married on 07/07/2012

Harborside East was the perfect setting for our wedding. Lindy was incredibly helpful and flexible. Everything about the experience here was superb!

Sent on 07/20/2012