Harbor View Loft Reviews

11 Reviews for Harbor View Loft

• CJ And

CJ and Jessica · Married on 09/25/2020

Fantastic Service, Beautiful Venue

The staff at Harbor View Loft was wonderful to work with from the very first email onward. We worked primarily with Annalisa, who is responsive, proactive, calm, accommodating, and overall fun to work with. She shared her personal recommendations for food, layout, and linen options as a baseline, then directed us to the many options HVL has to offer. We really appreciated her input to get us started and the flexibility to build a wedding that was truly "ours". Annalisa even helped get us a tasting scheduled early and showed linen samples so that we could better plan for all of our out-of-town guests (vast majority).

HVL has their own catering company and you get a full package event managed by the same team! At our tasting, we learned first-hand that everything is prepared with far more care and presentation than we saw at other caterers. They have various styles of food service, specialty meal options for guests with food sensitivities, and they even offer food stations for a more casual vibe. The bacon wrapped dates, grilled tri-tip with corn/tomato relish, and their homemade cookies are to die for!

We were really drawn to Harbor View Loft because of the location, scenic beauty, and nearly unlimited layout/decor options offered directly through HVL. Annalisa provided linen options, layout CADs, and decor ideas to help bring any vision to life. The transition and flow of guests from ceremony, to cocktail hour, to dinner and then dancing is a breeze in this space, and your guests get to enjoy views around the harbor and even catch a sunset on the deck!

As 2020 carried on, it became clear that our envisioned wedding was in jeopardy. Annalisa continued to check in with us and provide updates regarding impacts to the wedding industry and our event in particular. HVL was flexible and accommodating, and offered alternative packages, physically-distanced seating arrangements, and even a chance to postpone our date at no extra charge. We can't say enough great things about HVL - from the venue, to the food, customization options, and ultimately the staff. You'll be in great hands if you choose to host your event here.

Sent on 08/07/2020

Harbor View Loft's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback, Jessica! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Best wishes to you and CJ!!!!
    -Annalisa

Catie Tompkins · Married on 07/01/2020

Fabulous for so many reasons!

I cannot say enough good things about Harbor View Loft! This venue is so amazing for so many reasons. To start, the price point is extremely reasonable! Because it is a newer venue they thought of everything to make your evening memorable. The dance floor is spacious and the floor plan flows beautifully. The outdoor space for the ceremony is surround by water on both sides. In fact the venue has floor to ceiling windows on all side allowing breathtaking views of downtown, the harbor, and the bay. The venue sells itself. But the service you get is impeccable, and Annalisa is exceptionally responsive and gets back to you right away. She makes the entire process flawless. She is organized and thinks of everything. And she treats you like you are her favorite client. The way they have dealt with Covid19 is amazing. They have bent over backwards to do whatever they can to accommodate their brides to be able to reschedule their wedding. We could not be happier we chose the Harbor View Loft!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Hillary

Hillary Kerrigan · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing venue with incredible view and service

Harbor View Loft is a beautiful venue for any type of event! I recently had my Bridal Shower there and everything was amazing. All of the natural light keeps the room light and airy and sets the scene for whatever kind of event you are hosting. We had games outside for the guests and they were able to enjoy them as well as the incredible views of the water. Annalisa makes planning your event so easy! She is easy to get a hold of, quick to respond and very helpful. Professionalism at its best! We were able to use the downstairs room to make final touches on my hair and makeup. It was the perfect space that has easy access to the event space. The food is SO good! We had their Mexican cuisine and I received numerous compliments on it. The churros were the perfect dessert! We had Katie as our bartender and she was awesome! She interacted great with the guests and always had a welcoming smile! I could not have picked a better space for my Bridal Shower! I highly recommend it!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Harbor View Loft's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback, Hillary! Your bridal shower was such a fun celebration :) Best wishes!
  • Bobbi

Bobbi Torres · Married on 10/12/2019

Choosing this venue was the best choice we ever made!

On October 12, 2019, my husband and I got married at the Harbor View Loft.

I cannot rave enough about our experience with Personal Touch Dining and our wedding at Harbor View Loft. From start to finish everything was absolutely perfect. Our coordinator was Annalisa, and she was a dream come true. She made an experience that can be overwhelming and stressful seem effortless. The whole process was very organized, and the whole team of employees at Personal Touch Dining work like a well-oiled machine. We are not from San Diego, so they went above and beyond to help us coordinate and make all of our plans and arrangements, offering suggestions when we needed help. All of our questions/phone calls/emails were answered promptly, they were able to work with all of our requests.

We fell in love with the venue, the pictures online just can’t do it justice. The views and atmosphere of the location are priceless. We had our ceremony on the patio. There isn’t really need for too much outdoor decorations because the views alone are an amazing backdrop for the ceremony. There is a park right across the street that offered a close spot for some amazing photos, and someone was even kind enough to let us into the marina to grab a few photos. The indoor reception space is new and modern and had more than enough space to hold our 180+ guests comfortably. They have separate rooms on separate floors for the bride and the groom to get ready and hang out before the ceremony. Annalisa was there early coordinating with all the vendors and making sure all the little details were perfect and in place.

The food was AMAZING. Our family and friends are still raving about the spinach and artichoke stuffed mushroom appetizer and the parmesan crusted chicken portion for dinner. Our guests were so impressed by everything and everyone had a great time.

I can go on and on about all the little details, but I’ll end this review by just saying that we are so unbelievably grateful for a truly perfect wedding day and everything Personal Touch Dining did for us.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Harbor View Loft's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Bobbi!!! It was such a pleasure working with you! Best wishes to you and your family!
  • Briana

Briana Peters · Married on 08/03/2019

Best Decision Ever

Choosing Harbor View Loft as my wedding venue was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
    Where do I begin?
    1. Working with the sales manager, Annalisa, was an absolute pleasure. She made everything easy and stress-free. She truly understood my wants and needs and went above and beyond for me! If you know exactly what you want, she's ready to listen. If you're a little more laid back like me, she's ready to give suggestions and help guide you for your day.
    2. It's affordable!! I viewed 5+ other venues and this one (BY FAR) was the most affordable and the best bang for your buck. Even though the cost per person was lower than any other venue I viewed, nothing was cheap here. There was a large variety selection of food, including filet mignon—many other venues charge more for filet!
    3. Annalisa worked with the chef to make sure that there would be meals that would fit the dietary needs of myself and my friends and family—gluten-free for me and vegan for my friends/family.
    4. The venue itself is beautiful. The inside is so modern and clean. Everything is newly remolded in there. The color scheme is pretty neutral so that you can spice it up however you dream! There are windows all around that look at the marina on one side and the bay on the other. There are views of the entire downtown cityscape and the Coronado bridge too.
    5. On the day of the event, all of the servers, bartenders, and any other workers were so kind and helpful. They saved 4 pieces of each appetizer so that my husband and I could eat them after cocktail hour. Any worker was constantly making sure we had everything we needed, to the point where we never had to go up to the bar to get our own drink! The food was amazing (I highly recommend the mediterranean salmon)! The park was beautiful—Annalisa helped us obtain a park permit to have the ceremony there. The venue was beautiful and the servers, chef, and bartenders were great, which made my wedding as perfect as it possibly could have been. It was everything I have dreamt of since I was young!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Harbor View Loft's reply:

Hi Briana! We can't thank you enough for taking the time to write this review. We absolutely loved working with you!!!

N · Married on 07/24/2019

Location is everything and HVL definitely has it! Great customer service as well!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 07/20/2019

Overall Exceptional

I was totally pleased with the outcome. My planner, Annalisa Gangi was so attentive to detail and responsive to all of my questions in a timely manner. The venue is gorgeous, the meal options were delicious and accommodating to specific dietary needs. The partners they list are also easy to work with and reasonable. You will not be disappointed and your guests will experience an elegant event.

Sent on 07/26/2019

Harbor View Loft's reply:

Hi Liz - Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy we could celebrate with you here!

Meredith · Married on 05/04/2019

Perfect, Perfect, Perfect

For an incredible, wedding venue in San Diego, look no further.

Our vision for our wedding was classic, elegant, and most importantly - FUN. And that is exactly what we had!

Tracy, Annalisa and the rest of the team at Harbor View Loft / Personal Touch Dining are absolutely incredible. They were a pleasure to work with, supremely organized and prepared, and gave us the wedding of our dreams. The food was delicious, the drinks were amazing, and our guests raved about the perfect time they had. Harbor View Loft even provided a few fun games for our guests to enjoy during cocktail hour! They think of every detail to create a spectacular event.

If we were to do our wedding all over again, we would not change a single thing. The Harbor View Loft team covers every detail; from ceremony, to linens, to table numbers. They made the wedding planning process FUN and easy. Thank you SO much to the Harbor View Loft team for helping to create our perfect wedding day!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Harbor View Loft's reply:

Hi Meredith! Thank you for being such a great bride to work with! It was so fun celebrating with you :)
  • Kelly

Kelly Wood · Married on 03/30/2019

Best ocean view venue!

This venue was amazing! When we went to tour, they were still under construction but we thought just with the ocean view, it would be worth it. The view is great but the elegant look of the venue makes it a perfect wedding venue! You won’t find a better costing venue with an ocean view than this one. The staff were so attentive of every little detail and made it easy to plan the ceremony and reception. They even took care of all the papers so we could use the park across the street for our ceremony! Thank you Tracy & Annalisa, you guys are awesome!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Harbor View Loft's reply:

Hi Kelly! Thanks for being such an amazing bride to work with! We are so happy you had a fun celebration.
  • Lauren

Lauren Fisk · Married on 03/16/2019

Beautifully Elegant and Clean!

We chose Harbor View Loft after looking at several other venues because it is brand new, super clean and beautiful, it has amazing views and is in a convenient location. The management and staff have an outstanding reputation from their other venues, and they lived up to every great review.
    Mostly, we loved working with Annalisa! She personally saw to so many of the details for the big day, arranged for additional venue visits for my out of town parents, and even made special arrangements to take special care of a couple of our little guests who have severe food allergies.
    They include a lot of perks in their package like the chiavari chairs, and votives. I would highly recommend Harbor View Loft for your wedding and reception! (It’s close to the airport and we were initially concerned with the planes taking off, but it was not even noticeable!)

Sent on 04/06/2019

Harbor View Loft's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback, Lauren! It was so fun celebrating with you here. We also loved your LEGO cake topper!
  • Rosemary

Rosemary Khoury · Married on 01/05/2019

Perfect Spot to Tie the Knot!

My planner, Keli Christenson, found this venue for me...And I'm so glad she did!

The space itself is incredibly beautiful and modern (it was just renovated). The hardwood floors, marble bar, muted colors, and incredible views and wrap-around walkway were perfect! Also...it was about half the price I was quoted for a hotel in the same area! Further, I've noticed that hotels often have grand rooms for weddings that are pretty, but a bit dated, given their age. Harbor View was just completed last year, so that wasn't an issue. All in all, it was a perfect canvas to accommodate my decor and flowers.

The layout allowed for a sweetheart table in the back/middle of the room so that all of the guests had a good view of us throughout the speeches, cake-cutting, etc. You can tell this place was designed with weddings in mind.

As for the staff, I first met with Tracy, the owner. I sat down with her to talk about what we wanted in terms of food and bar, and she was very accommodating. While she gave a list of alcohols to choose from, she was happy to find something not on the list for us (Macallan 12) that we requested. On the night of, the food was absolutely delicious, and my friends especially enjoyed the open bar!

Annalisa was the employee I interacted with the most, and she was incredibly sweet and helpful. She had no problem changing our menu after the tasting to include 4 appetizers instead of 3 for a reasonable surcharge (just couldn't leave behind the bacon-wrapped dates!) and would always respond to emails really quickly.

A lot of people told me and my husband that it was the best wedding they'd been to and I owe that in part to this awesome venue and its staff.

Sent on 01/23/2019

Harbor View Loft's reply:

Thank you, Rosemary! Every detail of your wedding was so gorgeous and we are so happy that we could be apart of your big day!