30 Reviews for Happy Heart Photography, LLC

30 Happy Heart Photography, LLC Reviews

Ashley of Happy Heart Photography is Amazing! She is such a wonderful person and a true professional. My husband and I were an out of town couple. I was deployed during most of the wedding planning and my husband moved from our home in the carolinas to California. We reviewed her website and new her journalistic and creative style was in keeping with what we expected for our wedding photos. My husband spoke with her on the phone and she and I emailed back and forth. On the first day we were to meet her 1 month before the wedding, I had rescheduled that meeting a dozen times during that week and even the night before, as my husband and I were tring to fit many many wedding appts into our short time in DC, oh and it happened to be the first time we saw eachother in 10 months while I was deployed.

Throughout the whole process she gave us advice and her thoughts on the looks, where we should do the pictures, the use of props and the timeline. She was very honest and very caring the whole time. the day of the wedding she truly blended into the background. Her and her partner Emily were incredible. We had a very large wedding party of mostly outspoken military leaders so I am sure we were a hard bunch of people to command and direct when taking photos, but she handled everything with professional ease. She is truly a joy to work with and her photos are amazing. My husband and I will continue to work with her on future family photo opportunitues and will highly recommend her to everyone we know. We can't wait to see her again not only professionally but even as friends.

Profile Picture nicole, 11/11/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ashley from Happy Heart was wonderful! She was warm and kind. Responsive and helpful. On the day of, she was on time, unobtrusive, and caught some great moments. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/27/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ashley was fantastic. She is incredibly sweet, accommodating, and flexible. When the festivities ran behind schedule, she just went with the flow and continued to capture every moment of our day. She was even willing to sneak off to get special shots of my immediate family that turned out to be very special to us and all of the other photos are wonderful. I wholeheartedly recommend her to everyone I know. If you hire her for your wedding, or any other event for that matter, you will not regret it.

Profile Picture User2378867, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

I probably contacted more photographers than I did any other vendor, trying to find one that would even come close to my budget (photography is expensive!). Ashley of Happy Heart Photography was one of only two photographers that were in my price range, and she was the only one who didn't nickel and dime every package item and hour. In fact, her price was for your entire wedding - whenever you wanted her until whenever it was over. No per-hour fee nonsense - she stayed the entire time!

We did an engagement session with her in addition to the wedding, and the photos from each turned out fabulous! I'm very picky about how I look in photos, andI will be printing/framing a ton of these! They are just like the beautiful wedding photos that you see on blogs and in magazines - colorful, soft light, attention to detail. The best part was it was really easy to get them - Ashley gave suggestions on how to stand, poses, where to look, etc., which I desperately needed as I'm not very comfortable with my photo being taken. She stepped in (in a non pushy way) when needed and faded into the background when appropriate; I didn't even realize she was around to capture all the reception photos she got!

Overall, I'd definitely recommend Ashley. For an affordable, friendly, responsive photographer who takes gorgeous photos, she is your girl!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/29/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Where to begin? Let's start with the obvious: We just received our photos, and they are stunning. We chose Happy Heart for their photojournalistic style of wedding photography, and they delivered--telling the story of our day through photos, with warmth as well as beauty. They captured moments that both of us recall fondly, as well as some we would have otherwise missed. The portraits, for what it's worth, were also very well done: a perfect blend of "formal" and "fun."

But our praise doesn't stop there! Ashley and Aaron were able to capture these moments while being completely unobtrusive. I don't actually know where they were standing during the ceremony...because, unlike some wedding photographers I've witnessed, they were not up in anyone's face! Just quietly, diligently working their art.

That covers quality and professionalism (and that alone would merit a 5-star review). But Happy Heart went above and beyond for us. Originally, we'd planned for a limo to take us, the happily wedded couple, from the venue to downtown DC where we'd meet our photographers for an additional photo shoot. However, our limo rental fell through at the last minute (that's a whole other story). Happy Heart to the rescue! Ashley and Aaron chauffeured us from the venue (even indulging us by driving a couple of farewell "donuts" in the parking lot on the way out) to downtown, where we finished our shoot, and finally to our hotel.

When we tried to pay extra for all of the wonderful things they did for us, Ashley told us to keep it and "spend it on the honeymoon." I really can't overstate how warm and wonderful these folks are.

Profile Picture John, 9/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ashley and her husband were so wonderful during the wedding. Ashley quietly takes the photos, behind the scenes but capturing all the most important moments. We are so excited to see the photos.

Profile Picture User2650739, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ashley is amazing to work with. I just got all of my pictures and I am in love with them, I have gone through them about 10 times now :) Beautiful, unique, creative pictures that captured every moment. Ashley is fun and easy to work with and I got my photos back VERY quickly!!!!! :)

Profile Picture User1508046, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ashley I can't begin to thank you enough for Chad's and I beautiful pictures!!! Thank you!! You're truly amazing at what you do!!!

Profile Picture User1496218, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We were so impressed with Ashley and Aaron....they were absolutely wonderful to work with and we LOVE our wedding photos!!! Ashley is so talented and really has an eye for capturing beautiful moments while adding her own creative touch. Both Ashley and Aaron were very easy to work with and at times I barely noticed that they were there.

When we first met, Ashley traveled to where we live to meet with us, brought all her information, samples of her work, and really made us feel special and that she was going to "tell our story" through her photographs. And did she ever! :)

She was so helpful throughout the whole prep process. I would send her emails about timing, certain pics I wanted, and questions about the day/plan and she would get right back to me answering all my questions and concerns. I was fully confident in her prior to the wedding and she and her husband really delivered!

Ashley worked with our budget and planned a package for us that met our needs but still stayed close to our budget. :) Wedding photography is expensive, but she was willing to work with us and the quality of her work is, in my opinion, much better than some other photographers who charge more.

We got home from our honeymoon 2 days ago (a couple weeks after our wedding) and she had our photos ready and online! This was extremely fast and such a nice surprise as we returned from our honeymoon.

We were overly happy with our wedding pictures and the services provided by Happy Heart Photography. We would highly recommend Ashley to anyone as a wedding photographer!

Profile Picture User1505486, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

This was actually for my best friends wedding and Ashley was wonderful. She was very professional when taking the pictures which turned out beautiful. She was also very accommodating. I messed up when I was ordering photos and when I emailed her to explain my mistake she responded right away and was extremely helpful. She is a great person to do business with.

Profile Picture Megan, 4/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ashley was wonderful to work with and our photographs look amazing! Ashley really went the extra mile and visited the site before the wedding to plan out good locations for photos even though we got married in Baltimore! She also did a very thoughtful design for our album and we were really impressed with how it turned out. We highly recommend Happy Heart Photography!!

Profile Picture Allison, 4/14/12, 1 Review
0.0

My daughter booked Happy Hearts Photography to do her wedding. She was sent a blank contract, asked to fill in the info and send everything back with a $1500.00 depost and that a fully signed contract would be sent back. This never happened and we never heard back from her after that. My daughter didn't mind and didn't think it was a big deal thinking she would have more contact with her as the date got closer. Two weeks later we needed to cancel the wedding because her grandfather found out he had stage 4 prostate cancer. She wanted to get married immediately so that he could attend the wedding. All of her other vendors were very accommodating and refunded all our deposits, even the venue and the caterer. My daughter emailed her to explain the situation and she never heard back. It is now over a month later and she still has not heard a single word back from her. I would be very careful when booking Happy Hearts Photography and definitely DO NOT sign her blank contract and send it back with your deposit, you may never hear back from her.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Debbie, 4/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ashley and Aaron were excellent the whole day through! I was pleased with how easy and relaxed they were to work with. During the ceremony, I barely noticed them there - which I heard had been a problem with some bride's photographers "being in their face" all in all it was great working with them. Also, they were flexible with it being a new years eve wedding going until 12. We adore our pictures, some classic shots and lots of artsy ones - perfect! Thank you guys!!!!

Profile Picture Camille, 12/31/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Happy Heart Phtography is amazing. They truly captured our wedding how we wanted to remember it. Some of the best photo-journalistic pictures I have ever seen. Memory's that will last a lifetime!! Thanks Ashley!!

Profile Picture Josh, 10/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We searched very hard to find the right photographer and were so impressed by Ashley and her professionalism that we moved money in our budget to make sure that we got her. Every aspect of the experience was fantastic.

--Introduction: We met mid-way between our locations and she came prepared. Package and pricing was clearly outlined on very professional stationary. It was immediately clear that she was able to read individuals and adapt her style on the fly. She is really easy to get along with, fun in conversation, and asked really good questions to help get a sense of our interests.

--Package: We were more interested in getting lots of photos on a CD than a custom made album (we figure we’ll make one later if we wanted). Ashley was prepared with example of albums made from her photos, and was more than willing to provide us the CD that we wanted.

--Engagement Session: Ashley picked up on my inexperience in front of the camera and suggested an engagement session to get to know one another. I highly recommend this - we had lots of contact before our big day, meaning that we were used to being around her. That was a great way to meet her and the assistant photographer - both of whom we were very comfortable with. We also got to select from a field of engagement photos, enabling her to get a better sense of what our preference is.

--Price: We had a set limit for photography that we broke once we saw what we could get for a little more money (and I mean a little – the price was far less than most photographers that we met). I came prepared to bargain and she was more than willing to give and take on price, list items, and contract terms. After just a few emails, we agreed on a package that worked for all of us.

--Day of: I barely noticed getting photographed at our wedding - both Ashley and her assistant were fantastic at moving around behind the scenes and getting lots of shots from different angles. Guests have commented even to this day at how hard working they were - on chairs, lying on the ground, they did whatever it took to get great shots. They set up a laptop by the bar during the reception with a loop of photos from the ceremony, bridal party shoot, and cocktail hour. It was a total surprise and guests (including us) loved it and were crowded around it throughout the night.

--Delivery: We landed from our honeymoon and checked our phones and had an email from Ashley wishing us well and providing a link to our photos. The viewing site is laser fast and included more than 700 edited photos for us to view. We laughed ourselves sick that night as we scrolled throughout photos of all the funny events that we did not notice.

Bottom line - very pleased with the services provided by Happy Heart Photography. Would recommend to anyone as a wedding photographer. Meet Ashley and find out for yourself.
Mike

Profile Picture mike, 6/25/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ashley takes amazing photos, her and Aaron don't miss a thing! They are worth every penny. We had both wedding and engagement photos taken with them, and I was extremely pleased. Ashley also makes great albums, I can't wait to see mine!

Profile Picture Jessie, 6/18/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

First meeting with Ashley was at a coffee shop and my husband and I instantly felt at ease with her. She came extremely prepared to that first meeting with several sample albums and a thorough informational/pricing package for us to take home and review. She didn't rush us, pressure us or make us feel like we needed to commit right there but we instantly knew that she was "the one".

Our engagement photo session was amazing. Before we even saw the pictures, we knew they'd be great. Ashley, accompanied by her husband Aaron, spent almost a whole day with us and it was like we were hanging out with friends. Ashley and Aaron are professional, kind, fun and very easy to be around.

Wedding day. I have to say that Ashley is one of the hardest working people I've ever met. From the moment she got to our hotel (where we were getting ready), she was on her game and our pictures are proof of just how hard she worked. She even stayed a little longer after our reception (when I know she was completely exhausted) to get some great shots of my husband and I in the lobby of the hotel. Those pictures turned out to be some of our favorites. One of Ashley's many talents is being there & in the middle of everything, yet you didn't really notice all of the pictures that were being taken. We have so many great candid shots of our guests from the reception because of this.

We received both our engagement & wedding photos very quickly (electronically). We just received our actual wedding album & I have probably looked through it 100 times already. It's amazing. Beautiful. One-of-a-kind.

Deciding on our photographer was, by far, the easiest decision we made throughout our whole wedding planning process. We felt an extreme sense of trust in Ashley. This is why we chose Happy Heart.

Profile Picture Rachael, 5/21/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It has been a year since my wedding and I still cannot get over the gorgeous pictures I get to treasure forever! When I look back at my wedding album I feel like I'm reliving the whole day. I feel like I could go on and on. My husband and I are very happy with the results. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Joanna, 4/30/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We were very extremely pleased that we chose Happy Heart Photography, LLC and highly recommend them to all future brides. They do amazing work and exceeded our expectations. We interviewed various professional wedding photographers and most of them had impressive portfolios, as well as competitive pricing, but what got us sold on Happy Heart was their professional and caring personality and it seemed as though every picture in their portfolio captured a story which showed us that they are truly passionate about their work. Their attention to detail sets them apart from other wedding photographers. After seeing our actual pictures, some of our family members were inspired to renew their vows, just to hire Happy Heart Photography to do their pictures - THANK YOU SO MUCH HAPPY HEART for capturing beautiful lifetime memories for us.

Profile Picture Anna, 3/12/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ashley photographed our October 2010 wedding and we couldn't be happier with the results. Not only did the photos turn out fantastic, but Ashley was able to efficiently handle anything the chaotic day brought. Even though our schedule ran way behind (due to another vendor), we were able to take comfort in Ashley's calm demeanor, and take care of all the shots we had planned in efficient fashion.

Part of what attracted us most to Ashley was her amazing albums she was able to show us. When we received ours, we were amazed at the quality of the album and the artful eye with which it was designed.

Ashley is very sweet, caring, and approachable. It is clear she takes her craft and her clients' special day very seriously. I highly recommend Ashley and her company, Happy Heart Photography!

Profile Picture Colleen, 10/16/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Though we do not write reviews very often, Ashley recently took our engagement photos for us and we felt compelled to do so. The pictures Ashley took were excellent. She obviously understands the technical aspects of photography and also had a great eye to direct us into a nice mix of shots, including more modern poses, candid moments, and simply portraits of the two of us smiling.

Throughout the process, Ashley was extremely responsive and flexible to our requests, rescheduling, questions, etc, which was very important to us.

Most importantly, the time spent with Ashley was just alot of fun. The experience felt very natural, which we think is reflected in the photos.

As an aside, we really wanted to take a few photos while sailing out on the Potomac River, and Ashley was more then amenable for the adventure - she even had to sail the boat and take pictures at the same time!

We are looking forward to Ashley doing our wedding in October and would absolutely recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Ryan, 10/15/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We loved working with Happy Heart Photography. Ashley was (and still continues to be 4 months later) prompt in communications and easily available. We had so much fun during our engagement session. Ashley and Aaron were amazing; spending many hours with us at several different locations. By the time the wedding came around I felt that I knew Ashley very well and trusted in her that day. I also noticed how much I didn't notice her that day. She captured all the important moments and yet there never seemed to be a photgrapher in our faces. We would work with Happy Heart Photography again in a heartbeat!!!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/10/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Happy Heart Photography was excellent! She was extremely responsive and any request that she had she was always happy to do it. Even when my photo album came in, she made sure to drive to my work the day before Christmas (right after it came in) to deliver it because she knew I would want to show my family. She didn't have to do that, but she did. I would recommend Happy Heart to anyone needing photography services. They are fabulous!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 9/25/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ashley did our engagement pictures and was wonderful! My fiance and I both had a great experience dealing with her. She was flexible and super responsive. Due to weather, work and illness, we had to reschedule our consultation for our engagement pictures five times-but Ashley was super flexible and never got frustrate with us. She gives you an amazing value for the money, and she did enough conservative traditional photos to keep our parents happy but enough fun candid ones to capture our attitude as a couple. I'm getting married in another time zone, but I wish I could fly Ashley there to shoot our wedding! We will treasure her engagement shots long into our gray years.

Profile Picture Josie, 8/13/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ashley Davis was wonderful! She felt like an old friend, not someone we barely knew. She was flexible, professional, supportive, and fun, though she was also unobtrusive, slipping seemlessly into the background at times. The photographs truly captured the feel of the day and turned out beautifully! I highly recommend Ashley Davis and Happy Heart Photography!

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/7/10, 1 Review