21 Reviews for Happy Finch Photography

Digital Files (2)
Multi. Locations (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
Prints (1)

Melinda was amazing. One reason we chose her is because she really makes the colors in the photos pop. It was also lovely to work with her. She was extremely flexible, especially when we had a crying 2 year old and a few other wedding-day hiccups. She also took a lot of good candid shots that many of our friends have asked to have copies of or have made their profile pictures. 5 out of 5, will recommend to all of my friends.

Profile Picture Allison, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Melinda did such an excellent job with photographing our wedding. We are thrilled with how all of the pictures turned out and couldn't have asked for a better photographer. Melinda was extremely accommodating to our tastes and preferences on our wedding day. She captured many special moments even when we didn't realize she was around. I had many compliments from friends and family about the quality of the photos.

Profile Picture Theresa, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Melinda was an amazing photographer and super friendly! We had a very relaxed and laid back wedding and she did such a wonderful job of capturing everything we wanted and the photos were absolutely STUNNING!!! Highly recommended!!!

Profile Picture Shana, 6/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Happy Finch Photography did an incredible job!! We went through Melinda for our engagement photos and then for our wedding. She is very dedicated to her work and there is a very quick turn around. My husband and I are not very photogenic but she made the day very special and fun! She made us look the best we have ever had with the quality and how she captured the moments. She is very beautiful person inside and out. She is very creative. You know you have a dedicated photographer when they go to the location/venue a week or so before the photography sesson/wedding to scout where the best spots are for lighting and backgrounds. She will do everything to make YOU happy. She wants you to tell her what kind of photos you see yourself getting on your special day. We loved that she based the photos off of what we liked and was very flexible with us since we do not like getting our picture taken often. The price for both the engagement photos and wedding photos were very affordable and worth the cost. The quality of the photos are absolutely breathtaking! If you want to look back at your wedding photos and cry because they are so beautiful then go with Happy Finch Photography!

Profile Picture Lisa, 5/12/17, 13 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

Looking back at our wedding through the most gorgeous photos I have ever seen, I couldn't be me happy that Happy Finch Photography was there to capture our big day!! Melinda was so nice and responsive to every communication we had prior to the wedding. I had no worries coming into the wedding day and knew we were in fantastic hands. People cannot stop talking about how great the photos came out!! One big thing for me was that I felt comfortable the entire time with the photographer. If you're looking for a photographer who is patient, great with children, and an amazing eye for beautiful photography, then Happy Finch Photography is your best bet!

Profile Picture Elisa, 10/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Melinda was one of our best vendors at the wedding! She was always prompt with responses to questions and requests, and showed up right on time the day of the wedding. The photo questionnaire she sent in advance was very helpful for organizing our thoughts as to what kind of photographs we were looking for. She was so sweet and easy to work with, and her photographic skills are top notch. We had so many photos of our day that we absolutely loved!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 10/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Melinda was great! She was very professional and easy to work with. The pictures turned out great! We will definitely consider Melinda again in the future!

Profile Picture Beth, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Melinda is incredibly patient; she works really well with children and adults alike! We loved her work and would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations

Review of Consultation:
Melinda from Happy Finch Photography is absolutely wonderful! Since the beginning of our correspondence, she has been awesome. Any questions or concerns we've had, she's answered promptly and has given us all of the information that we need! We are traveling to my Aunt's (about 3 hours away from us) for our wedding, and when we decided to make a weekend trip out, Melinda was kind enough to meet us there! She gave us so many wonderful ideas while we walked around and she snapped pictures to form her game plan prior to the wedding. I've continued to correspond with her via email as I come up with photo ideas or questions and she's so genuinely excited and receptive about everything I say! We're so glad that we're working with Melinda and so excited to see what she comes up with for the wedding!

Review of the wedding coming soon!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 8/8/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Melinda has done a great job capturing all those special moments on our wedding day. She is a very sweet person and an amazing photographer. We loved our photos, I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Daniela, 7/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Melinda was amazing! She was so easy to work with and made my husband and I very comfortable in front of her camera. We had so many compliments on our pictures. After the posed sessions, she was able to blend into the background of our reception and get some one of a kind shots of our guests having fun. She handled all my requests and was very kind and cheerful the entire wedding. I love my wedding pictures and highly recommend Melinda to anyone needing a photographer.

Profile Picture Shannon, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Melinda was fantastic, incredibly sweet and affordable. She made my husband and I feel very comfortable.

Profile Picture User4837799, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had to add categories to this review because Melinda was so much more than just a photographer for our wedding. She was AMAZING!! When Melinda arrived at the wedding venue, my entire family was freaking out. We had planned for an outdoor wedding and rain caused us to have to move everything inside. My dad went and bought an archway but we've never had a big wedding and no one knew how to set it up. I wasn't at the venue and i didn't see any of this go down but I know that my mother would say that Melinda swooped in with her superhero cape on and got the archway up in minutes flat and then helped get the tables and everything else set up as well. All I heard throughout the day was how awesome our photographer was helping out before the show even began. And this was before we saw the pictures! They are truly spectacular! Melinda says that the pictures will take up to 6 weeks to be completed but we received our album in 3 weeks. She truly captured the love that my husband and I feel and a sense of who we actually are as a couple. It's so amazing to be able to look at these pictures, which six months later are framed and all over my house and my family members houses, and think that the people in those pictures are beautiful. . . and oh wait a minute. . . that's us! Cherished memories. . . that's what Happy Finch Photography does and they deserve 5 STARS for it!

Profile Picture Krisin, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

Words can not begin to truly describe how ecstatic I am with the services of Melinda at Happy Finch Photography. From the minute that I met her, I knew she would be perfect and she certainly did not disappoint. Melinda has a very engaging personality, a true talent for capturing the sentiment and the moment and she knows her stuff. I am glad and honored to have worked with her for our engagement and wedding photos.
Melinda comes highly recommended!!!!!!

Profile Picture Marcia, 8/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I were married last June at the Rosemont Manor in Berryville, VA and Melinda with Happy Finch Photography was our photographer. I can't say enough wonderful things about her- we are absolutely thrilled with the photographs she took! We've gotten so many wonderful compliments about our wedding pictures due, in part, to the great job Happy Finch did of capturing the spirit of the event. Melinda was incredible easy to work with- she was happy to oblige with any requests made by myself or my family members, but she also had plenty of ideas for poses when we had run out and needed suggestions. She also has a great eye for candid photos- there are many moments she captured that I'm so glad I get to look back on! And she manages to get all these great candid shots without being intrusive at all which was great- I've been to weddings where the photographer was really in-your-face and I was delighted that this wasn't the case with Happy Finch. Melinda continued to impress after the wedding- within a few days, our photographs were available to us on their website and both my husband and I and my parents received CDs of our pictures shortly after that. And then, when my ancient, junky computer refused to load the CD I had gotten, Melinda was kind enough to send me a thumb drive of our photographs, at no extra cost. I was incredibly impressed with Melinda and Happy Finch Photography and I could not recommend them more highly.

Profile Picture Jillian, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The wedding photos were perfect. We had so many wonderful comments about our photos and many asked who our photographer was. Happy Finch Photography was a pleasure to work with. Happy Finch actually made taking photos fun!

Profile Picture User4843603, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Melinda was fantastic, for multiple reasons, but mainly because she was such a sweet and kind person, and her photography was beautiful. She didn't mind that our crazy (huge!) family was making us run a little behind, or that a few people asked for an extra picture. The digital version of our pictures and the cd copy were available within a very reasonable amount of time and her website was easy to use. Our florist actually asked if she could have Melinda's permission to use her photos on her website because they were so gorgeous. You can't go wrong with Melinda, not to mention, for Northern VA/DC, her prices are unbeatable.

Profile Picture Michaela, 10/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We could not have been more pleased with the quality of our wedding and engagement photos by Melinda with Happy Finch Photography. Not only is she a sweet and accommodating person to interact with but her work was incredible! She was flexible with timing, locations, weather, and was open to creating any look we wanted for our photos. It was evident in our experience with her that she went above and beyond spending her own time to explore and research and know our spaces and inspiration pictures. And as far as value, we feel strongly that Melinda was able to give us the best photos we could ask for without the price tag of comparable work. We highly recommend her for any photos!

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 6/22/18, 1 Review