Hans and Nicole Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Rachel
    Rachel M. Married on 10/17/2021

Made Our Dream Fall Wedding Spectacular!

Absolutely fantastic! We could not have picked a better couple to do our wedding! Not only did they get everything that we requested done, they were able to handle it with such ease and calmness and bring everyone together. They had clear directions to give us and were tons of fun to work with. They also helped bustle up my wedding dress before the reception!

We just got our previews back and we are SO in love with these photos that I cannot wait to see the rest! I am writing this review in as many areas as I possibly can to make sure others will use them as their quality, timing, patience and dedication is top notch! Will be recommending and using again in the future!
  • Ludmilla
    Ludmilla L. Married on 06/19/2021

Great work by true professionals

Hans and Nicole Photography did an outstanding job in every aspect of our wedding - gorgeous photos, excellent customer service and thorough knowledge and experience with weddings.
    My husband and I were married at the US Naval Academy Chapel in Annapolis in June 2021, nearly a year after our original date was COVID canceled. Reviewing the portfolios for Academy-approved photographers, Hans and Nicole were our first choice. Then through a challenging year of postponements and uncertainty, we briefly lost them and then were able to have them for our long-awaited event.
    Their attention to detail and experience was so important for planning and focusing on the results we wanted. Then on our wedding day, they brilliantly executed the plan.
    Hans and Nicole were so personable, supportive, understanding, and helpful through all the emotions and minutiae. They were prepared for several minor emergencies, from dress adjustments to pins for boutonnieres to bustling my gown.
    During the wedding and reception, they took their photos without dominating the scene, accomplishing one of our main goals - photos that documented the day, without having us pose constantly.
    And the photos! We have literally hundreds of beautiful photos, with such evocative emotions captured. My husband and I have been so thrilled, amazed, and touched by all the lovely moments they photographed.
    I can’t stress enough how important it is to have these photos done right and how vital that a bride and groom trust the task to experienced professionals like Hans and Nicole. We will always be grateful for their great work on our wedding day.
    Alexa Married on 06/05/2021

Usna wedding

Look no further and just email Hans and Nicole to see if they’re available for your wedding because I can guarantee, you won’t regret it! Not only are Hans and Nicole excellent communicators when planning your big day, but they both work so smoothly ON your wedding day. They know all the perfect poses and also capture the sweetest, candid shots. They were punctual, easygoing, and open to my suggestions/input. They went above and beyond my expectations in capturing all the moments that I wanted— whether small or large. 5 stars all around, 10/10 would recommend!!
  • Ali
    Ali E. Married on 04/17/2021

An amazingly professional and kind

Like many couples who originally planned for a 2020 wedding, almost every aspect of our wedding day changed. From the date, the time, the venue location, Hans and Nicole did went above and beyond to ensure our day was captured beautifully.
    After seeing the the amazing job they did with our friend's (And fellow Navy couple) wedding, we were so excited to book them for a big day on April 17, 2021. They gave us a detailed itinerary so that our day would go as smoothly as possible. Nicole is so sweet as so prepared. She even had a water bottle ready for me when I desperately needed it half way through pictures. Hans and Nicole have a lot of experience with Navy/ military weddings. They knew exactly which moments and traditions to capture (example sword arch, etc) We could not have asked for a better couple. Their work is absolutely stunning!
    Louise Z. Married on 04/10/2021

Our best wedding choice!!

Hans and Nicole were absolutely amazing photographers. Not only did they capture our wedding so beautifully, they also were ready with everything from garbage bags to sit on to water, to knowing exactly how to pose for the most amazing pictures. I can’t speak their praises enough. Such a joy to work with, thank you Hans and Nicole!!!
    Louise S. Married on 04/10/2021

Our best wedding choice!!

• Cindy
    Cindy Married on 02/15/2021

Valentines Day Wedding

Hans and Nicole are WAY MORE than photographers. They are full on wedding experts and everything you never knew you needed on your big day!

The give amazing direction, capture breathtaking photos and have an eye for detail.

Friendly, warm, positive and super eager to make your wedding night as perfect as possible.

Best investment hands down, my husband and I were so thankful to have worked with such amazing professionals on our wedding day.

Really appreciated the time they took prior to the wedding day to plan out the important photos. They showed up early and guided us throughout the entire night.

Would 100% recommend!
  • Alison
    Alison M. Married on 08/15/2020

Amazing photos!

My husband and I loved working with Hans and Nicole! They made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day! Our pictures perfectly capture our beautiful day! Nicole was so complimenting and made us feel like models! She also saved the day with a make up wipe for my sister’s bridesmaid dress! All our pictures were available within a few weeks and we are just in love!
  • Kayla
    Kayla J. Married on 07/18/2020

Amazing to work with!

I booked this couple photographer for my wedding this July and had to reschedule because of the pandemic. They helped me explore alternative options not even offered because of covid-19 and it was by far a very pleasant experience! They were fun, friendly and comfortable to work with! They were willing to do anything I had in mind and work with me to achieve my photo goals. They were flexible with looks, on site locations, ideas, etc. I would book them again in a heart beat and was overly satisfied with my experience! They do a fantastic job and will make your wedding one to remember for a lifetime!
  • Mary
    Mary W. Married on 05/23/2020

A must have at your Annapolis wedding!!!

I just had my wedding and Hans and Nicole were fantastic. I had been working with them for about two years prior to my wedding and really wanted to lock them in for my wedding day. Due to the on going circumstances surrounding the pandemic, I was forced to change every aspect of my wedding which was absolutely heartbreaking but Hans and Nicole were always there for us being very supportive and accommodating. Our whole wedding had to be cancelled and replanned, but Hans and Nicole were very flexible even with all the last minute changes I had to deal with. On our actual day, Nicole was very helpful in guiding my bridesmaids with what to do, helped me with my dress and even gave me her Gatorade after the ceremony because of how hot and humid it was that day, none of these things are in the contact but she did them because she is genuinely a wonderful caring person. I would highly recommend them from any wedding in the DMV area. After the wedding, we had a few of the pictures right away to show friends and family who could not make it. I was then able to see all my photos within 3 weeks, and had the prints delivered to my house about a month after. Everything was perfect and we have the most beautiful pictures to remember the day! They were very professional , responsive and accommodating. I have nothing but praises and will always go to them first for any future photo shoots.
  • Felicia
    Felicia L. Married on 01/07/2020

LOVE Hans & Nicole!

My husband and I got married at the Naval Academy and had to do most of our planning not only outside of Maryland, but while my husband and I were living in different states. As if their portfolio didn’t have me hooked from the beginning, their planning and “get to know you” process made me feel very at ease selecting a photographer without meeting them in person. By the wedding day, I knew in my heart that I could not have made a better choice for photographers.

For the majority of the wedding morning, I only dealt with Nicole, while Hans was with the guys taking photos. Having two photographers allowed us to have photos taken at the same time in different locations as well as multiple perspectives of the same shot, which is key in so many moments throughout the day. Nicole was more than a photographer, she took on a lot of MOH duties without me even realizing until halfway through the day. This rockstar handles emotions (there were many), had band aids, tissues, mints, you name it. I literally didn’t need anything out of the bridal bag I spent months on Pinterest curating because she was so prepared.

Oh yeah the photos...AMAZING. Hans and Nicole worked with us closely before we were able to make the trip out to Annapolis and figured out exactly which poses and shots we wanted as well as a lot of their own, worked them into a timeline so the day ran smoothly. I can’t forget to include how smoothly family pictures went. They turned what honestly should have been a chaotic hour long process into a seamless rotation of family members to get all of the shots we wanted in a very short timeframe so we could get back to enjoying our wedding day. There is not a single shot that I wish was redone or that I thought we missed out on or forgot to do. All of my Pinterest wedding photo dreams came true because of this dream team. And don’t let me forget the candids...Hans and Nicole captured every single laugh, tear, crazy dance move, and intimate moment of this day. If you have ANY doubts about someone to capture your special day, turn to this team. At the end of the day, you are going to have your photos to look back on to remind you of the best day of your life and I am incredible grateful that I got the chance to work with Hans and Nicole to capture that for us.
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 11/16/2019

Amazing! Naval Academy couples should definitely book! Amazing photographers and people!

We cannot thank Hans and Nicole enough for their services. Naval Academy couples should book them immediately as they are so knowledgeable about these weddings and really understand the tight time tables. From the beginning Hans and Nicole were so helpful with developing a timeline for the whole day to ensure we got all of the pictures we wanted. The engagement session with them was so fun and easy going, and the pictures were fantastic. On the day of the wedding Hans and Nicole were practically our wedding coordinators as well as photographers. They ensured we stayed on time and had everything we could possibly need! The photographs are incredible. I almost don’t believe it’s me in some of them! They are so beautiful and we will treasure them forever. Thank you!!!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 10/12/2019

Excellent Photos

Hans and Nicole are absolutely wonderful! We have used them more than once and plan to use them again in the future. They are extremely accommodating, flexible, and professional. They listen to what you want and take stunning pictures. I believe them to be reasonably priced and have a variety of packages to choose from. You won’t be disappointed
  • Alita
    Alita B. Married on 08/31/2019

Teamwork Makes the Dream Work

I had the honor of being in my best friend's breathtaking wedding. I was so impressed with her photographers Hans and Nicole. It was quite a benefit having two photographers onsite, to be able to get a wider variety of photos, as well as different angles for specific photo ops. As a bridesmaid, we worked specifically with Nicole all day. The bride noted that she was so much more than a photographer and doubled as a wedding coordinator. The bride was able to go with the flow, because Nicole kept everything running on time, to ensure that the whole of this gorgeous event was well documented.
  • Peggy
    Peggy Married on 08/03/2019

Picture Perfect Pair!

Hans and Nicole were recommended to us for our daughter’s wedding. We knew of friends who had used them for their Naval Academy wedding in Annapolis, Md. When we saw their album and photos... it was a no brainer! They were beautiful! This photographer duo husband and wife were amazing to work with starting at the very beginning. We communicated so well and they helped us stay in our budget but get all the things that were important! They were thorough in the planning prep to know what photos and family photos were needed. That made the time used after the ceremony effiecient so all could enjoy the rest of the festivities. But the most amazing part of the experience was feeling like Nicole was part of the family! Hans knew exactly how the groom and groomsmen wanted to handle photos and got the special ones according to their wishes and their military traditions. Nicole felt like having your friend help you for the day. She was caring and calm and had a Mary Poppins bag of tricks for all the little fixes! Their experience made you not worry about a thing as the day went on...our reception dance party was captured and all our friends look just like we remember.... full of excitement and having a ball! These two are a treasure!!!
  • Carrie
    Carrie W. Married on 07/12/2019

Beautiful winter sun at the winery

My pictures taken by Nicole came out so beautiful, I'm so glad I hired her and she was very warm and easy to work with. The final photos were sent to me very quickly as well! I have some very nice shots with the sun going down in the background at the winery.
  • Caroline
    Caroline R. Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing! You need them on your wedding team.

Do yourself a favor and hire Hans and Nicole Photographer ASAP! These two lovely people were hands down the best investment we made in our wedding. They were professional from the start, flexible and knowledgeable when creating a timeline, and super (I mean SUPER) helpful the day-of. Nicole had a bag full of every single emergency item you never knew you needed on your wedding day, while Hans was calm, cool and collected throughout our entire hectic-exciting day. They truly make an unbelievable team. Not only are they a pair of fantastic people, but Hans and Nicole's work product is to die for. They were able to capture all the romantic, authentic, funny and emotional moments of the day in some of the most breathtaking photos I have ever seen. They are so beautiful that I don't even believe it's me in them!! Hans and Nicole were a pleasure to work with, and I feel blessed that I found them. Our wedding day wouldn't have been the same without them.
    Jessica Married on 06/01/2019

Hans and Nicole will make your day extra special! Hire now!

A review does not express how thankful I am we hired Hans and Nicole for our wedding day. Hans and Nicole are so nice and so good at what they do.

Throughout the planning process, they checked in with us several times regarding our timeline and if we needed help with anything surrounding wedding planning. That is so sweet and we really appreciated it.

On the actual day of the wedding, they made sure our day ran smoothly and on time. I never had to worry about that with them around. They also really took on the role of our day of coordinator, which was really amazing and above and beyond. We took some photos outside and I was very hot and Nicole had anything/everything in her bag to resolve the issue -- ice packs, moist towelettes, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, etc. Nicole has a bag of magic! My bustle broke and she had a mini sewing kit and sewed my dress so I wasn't tripping all night.

Their photographs are also BEAUTIFUL. They are so talented and really make sure to capture your true personality, not just stuffy/posed wedding pictures. They were quick, efficient, talented, and pleasant to be around.
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 05/04/2019

Couldn't have been better. You need this photography duo!

Beyond the fact that our engagement/wedding photos were absolutely breathtaking, working with Hans & Nicole was an absolute JOY. They are so kind, so helpful, funny, personably and unbelievably talented. They even wrangled our crazy family to get through group family photos efficiently. Our wedding timeline was TIGHT and not only were we on time, but we had extra time before the ceremony to take more photos! They are and have everything you need on your wedding day and worked amazingly with my planner, make up person etc. Nicole even bustled my gown. Absolute 5 stars for service, experience & final product :)
    Caroline L. Married on 12/15/2018

Great value - we love our photos!

Hans and Nicole were so sweet and easygoing throughout the entire planning process. We enjoyed working with them and appreciate the quick turnaround on our beautiful pictures!
  • Carlin
    Carlin T. Married on 11/03/2018

Pure kindness

Hans and Nicole have the kindest hearts and truly have a desire to make the bride and groom feel so special and cared for on their wedding day. They made us feel so comfortable, and we could trust them fully with all details. Nicole went above and beyond by always carrying my dress or bouquet, fixing my veil several times whenever it would fall out, bustling my dress at the last minute, and making me feel loved like one of her own. Hans offered me his coat several times to keep me warm as I shivered while taking pictures outside in the brisk fall weather and was so patient and professional while capturing every moment and any shots we wanted. They were very organized, flexible, easy-going and made our happiness their priority. I so appreciate all that they did for us to make our wedding the best day ever!
    Tracy Married on 10/06/2018
    They were exceptional to work with!!! Professional and extremely helpful on every level. They really know what they are doing and ensured we were on schedule to fit everything in the timeframe allotted for pictures. Not living in the area, I honestly don't know what we would have done without them. Highly recommend using them at the Naval Academy!!!!! They helped make my daughter's wedding a fairytale come true!!!!
    Marie Married on 07/07/2018

The very best!

Hans and Nicole are just the best! Not only did they take beautiful photos of our big day, they also stepped in where help was needed at the wedding ceremony and reception, and for that we are grateful! The pictures came out so beautifully, and Hans and Nicole perfectly captured special moments throughout the day. I couldn't imagine having any other photographers!
    Anna Married on 06/02/2018
    Hans and Nicole shot my sister's wedding in 2016, and there's a reason my husband and I booked them again for our wedding. It is great that Hans and Nicole have so much experience working together, and it made our engagement photos and wedding photos a breeze. They made sure to get all the shots we wanted as well as helped with posing and positioning everyone. I loved that Nicole could spend the morning with the girls and the Hans with the guys so that we could get our "getting ready" photos. Of course, all of our photos came out INCREDIBLE!
    Lauren Married on 01/13/2018
    We have the most beautiful wedding pictures to cherish for a lifetime thanks to Hans & Nicole. They caught precious candid moments & really captured the entire day for us to reflect on for years to come. Hans & Nicole made us comfortable the whole day- & helped us so much in organizing our day to make it the best. They go above & beyond :)