Hank Agency Reviews

108 | Newburyport, MA

108 Reviews for Hank Agency

Erica D. · Married on 07/08/2021

Amazing Experience All Around

As a seasoned event planner for more than 15 years, and when it came time to plan my own celebration.... HOT MESS was hands down my first (and lets be honest.. ONLY) choice to celebrate. I have worked with Jason as a vendor partner on many occasions, and knew that his warmth and professionalism (and not to mention great humor) were a perfect match. Not only are Jason + Co some of the most talented performers I have worked with in my experience, he works with couples on a personal level to make sure that everything flows in a way that is seamless and keeps the party going! Every part of the planning experience - from working with Gail to putting the song list and details together with Jason leading up to the party is seamless. I am very particular when it comes to those details and knew that their performance would go above and beyond!! All of my friends and family still text me daily saying how they were "THE BEST BAND" they have ever heard. Do your self a favor and hire them. It will be one of the best planning decisions you will make... and your guests will NOT STOP TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH FUN THEY HAD!!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Hank Agency's reply:

Erica!!! it is always a PARTY with you. Thank you so much for having Hot Mess as your choice for the best band for your Special Day!!!! WE can't wait to work with you again at the BPL with some of your amazing clients :)

Nicole · Married on 06/22/2021

Five stars is not enough

We worked with Hot Mess for two years, through three wedding dates, during the height of Covid-19. Not only did Jason and Gail show extreme professionalism and flexibility, but also sincere compassion and empathy. We are eternally grateful for their kindness and patience throughout the whole process and for bringing the biggest energy we've ever seen to the party. We originally hired the full band, but they were unable to perform due to covid restrictions; however, Hot Mess did not bat an eye in immediately pivoting to find a solution - Jason as MC / DJ / best hype man + acoustic guitar and jazz trios. The dance floor DID NOT STOP and we were repeatedly told it was the most fun people had on a dance floor at a wedding. We cannot say thank you enough and only wish we could give more stars. If you read this, book Hot Mess now...best wedding decision we've made ....besides marrying each other :). THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Jason & Gail & the incredible band. Love PC & NP
    Nicole, Married 5/22/21

Sent on 06/21/2021
  • Jessica

Jessica M. · Married on 06/19/2021

Best Band Ever!!!

Soul of Boston was simply outstanding at our wedding!! People are still raving about the music. The drummer, the horns, the VOCALS!! They were so interactive and fun with the crowd and played the best songs with awesome transitions. I cannot say enough about them! And the agency was so professional, prompt and easy to deal with - a breath of fresh air in the wedding industry! Hire Soul of Boston!! You will not regret it!

Sent on 07/06/2021

Jessica,
    Thank you for the amazing review! We had an absolute blast with you and your guests. What a magical night, thank you for letting us share it with you and your guests.

Laura R. · Married on 06/11/2021

Lucky 13 = amazing

My husband & I had Lucky 13 as our band and we couldn't have been happier with our choice! From beginning to end, the band was high-energy, fun, and professional! Guests are still commenting on how much fun they had!

Sent on 12/23/2019

Laura,
    Thanks so much for the great review, nothing makes us happier than clients who love the band they hired for their BIG DAY! Happy Holidays!
  • Michael

Michael L. · Married on 03/10/2021

The Best Band/Management Ever!

Our experience with Hank Agency has two great stories to tell.

Umami the Band - Wow! Mel and the band were the most amazing and professional sounding band we have ever heard. Our guests couldn't have been more excited to see and hear live music and Umami delivered! They played everything we wanted to hear and brought the energy to the next level. 10/10 would recommend!

Tania - Tania Henry was not only a very professional and detail oriented band manager, but someone who helped guide us through our wedding process. Even though her responsibilities were with the band, she helped us stay happy and focused on the big day when 2020 presented nothing but challenges. Great person, 10/10 service!

Sent on 10/28/2020
  • Sydney

Sydney S. · Married on 02/10/2021

Awesome team!

Hank Agency is extremely thorough and reliable. My experience with Tania over the past three years has always been enjoyable, professional, and extremely helpful. Love Hank Agency!

Sent on 01/14/2020

Hank Agency's reply:

Sydney, thank you for the kind words! We love working with March of Dimes and are passionate about your cause! Hot Mess looks forward to the gala every year. We can't wait to see what the plans are for 2020. Happy New Year!

Sam W. · Married on 08/12/2020

Sugah Rush (via the Hank Agency) delivers the goods

Sugah Rush (via the Hank Agency) played the large holiday employee party (400-500 people) at our school. They were easy to book. Provided very clear stage plots of tech riders. They were flexible and allowed us to share some backline for a few small employee opening acts. (They can provide their own sound system but we already had that covered.)

The band was nice as could be before and after the show. And the three sets they played were NON-STOP STOP killer party tunes! VERY tight band. GREAT singers & players. Having both male and female singers really opens up the catalog and lets them cover a huge spectrum. They even wandered out into the audience during a few moments while singing. FANTASTIC stage presence! Sharply dressed. This is at least the second time our institution has hired them and we just booked them for a third event in the spring.

Sent on 01/19/2020

Hank Agency's reply:

Sam, you are making us blush!!! Thanks for the kind words, what a party it was, thanks for having us. We can't wait to see you this spring!

Ben P. · Married on 06/12/2020

Ricky Express redefined what a wedding band can be

Ricky Express was a dream band! Excellent musicians who learned our esoteric processionals songs and then later in the night, brought it big on the main stage. So much fun! Made the night.

Sent on 12/18/2019

Hank Agency's reply:

Ben and Ariel, what a night!! Thank you for having us be part of the magic. Best wishes to you both!

Nicole · Married on 12/12/2019

Excellent service and fun DJ

Working with Tania at the Hank Agency is always a breeze. She is responsive, collaborative and provides great ideas and suggestions. We hired DJ Rick Express. He was friendly, fun and got the crowd on the dance floor! He was flexible with song suggestions and ideas as well on the night of the event. I would recommend both Hank Agency and DJ Rick Express any day!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Hank Agency's reply:

Thanks for trusting us with your entertainment! Ricky had a BLAST and hopes to do it again next year! Happy Holidays.
  • Billy

Billy L. · Married on 12/10/2019

We Hit the Jackpot with LUCKY 13!

Lucky 13 may be a four piece band, but they cover all the bases: Rock, soul, funk...throwbacks and new classics. They do it all. They even let my wife and I sit in for a couple of songs. They are true professionals, and they WILL rock you. Bet on Lucky 13 for your special day.

Sent on 12/23/2019

Hank Agency's reply:

Billy and Sara, I don't know what to say except mind blown... WOW! Sara you belted out a rock tune that shook us and Billy, took a seat at the drums, what an EPIC video! Thanks for sharing the stage with us, it was AWESOME! Wishing you the best in your new journey together and may there be more stage performances by you two. Happy Holidays.

Brittany I. · Married on 12/09/2019

Sugah Rush nailed it!

I hired Sugah Rush for an outdoor 3,000 person festival after seeing them live at a wine festival and they nailed it! Tania was so easy to work with and made my event run so smoothly. The band was on time and professional and really read the crowd. I would absolutely hire Sugah Rush again!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Hank Agency's reply:

Brittany, thank you for the kind words! Sugah Rush loved this party, we hope to be back next year! Thank you for trusting us with your entertainment!

Gina L. · Married on 10/05/2019

Best Band in Boston!

My husband and I got married a few weeks ago and we still cannot stop talking about Hot Mess. Jason, Gail, and the rest of the band were amazing right from the start. We had a particularly long reception with a lot moving parts and Gail and Jason were so kind and devoted to putting together the perfect evening for us. We got a chance to speak with Jason over the phone the week before the wedding and go over everything and what shined through even more than his professionalism was his genuine excitement to be a part of our day! Jason was even more excited in person when we met him the day of! We were able to relax and enjoy our reception knowing that Jason and the rest of the band were going to bring the fun- and did they ever! We had family and friends coming up to us all night commenting on how amazing and fun the band was! Everyone loved the variety of instruments and the variety of songs played. The band even did a great job incorporating some traditional Italian music that my family had requested during the breaks. Something that was also very special for my husband and me was that Jason and the band really took the time to highlight the fact that my husband and I fell in love as swing dance partners and played some music that gave us the chance to show our family and friends how we fell in love in the first place. Overall, I would tell anyone getting married, I know how stressful it is to research all the different vendors to put a wedding together. Let me at least check off music for you and assure you that your band is right here- HOT MESS!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Haylie

Haylie · Married on 10/05/2019

Hot Mess is simply amazing!

This is our third year in a row we booked Hot Mess for our member holiday party. Every year, they exceed our expectations and our members will stay dancing until the very end! With our group, they have to appeal to all age groups and they do just that. Jason the band leader is so energetic and friendly, making it so fun to work with him every single year. Highly recommend booking this group for your wedding or any other social function!

Sent on 12/19/2019

Hank Agency's reply:

Haylie, we LOVE doing your member guests event year, they are a BLAST! Hope to see you and the entire crew again next year!

Lesley R. · Married on 09/28/2019

I want an album of their performance at my wedding!!!!!

I have experienced Sugah Rush at my brother's wedding and at my own. I would get married 50 times over just to have a reason to book them again! We paid extra during the reception to extend the playing time because no one wanted it to end. Our dance floor was packed with people from the first song to the last. They are amazingly talented, energetic, personable and supportive. You absolutely cannot choose any other band but Sugah Rush!

Sent on 12/20/2019

Hank Agency's reply:

Lesley, that is so sweet! We loved being part of your celebration. WE can't wait for your one year anniversary party, hint hint. It was so nice to see faces we recognized in the crowd and seeing how much fun every had at your wedding. Congrats to you both!
  • Christy

Christy D. · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing! Not enough words to describe how perfect they were!

I am willingly happy to give a good, great, over the top reference to eric grant and sugah rush band! We were more than pleased with the performance at our wedding 9-21-19 at the Margate!
    We had decided to have them play piano duo as the guests were taking their seats- it gave a romantic, pure vibe! Best decision I made!!! They also did acoustics for us during cocktail hour! Simply beautiful!
    When it came to the reception- he was promptly ready to get the bridal party in our places and start the party off right!
    He kept the crowd on the dance floor the entire night! - at several points I stepped back to take a look, and everyone was on the dance floor- it was amazing! Now for most people including myself, I tend to take breaks and sit down during some songs at weddings! Not this one, not with sugar rush- he had us all dancing all night long!
    Their entertainment, musicality, organization and communication throughout the wedding planning was top notch!
    I would not of wanted it any other way
    I would highly recommend this band to any future bride/groom!
    I am more than happy to say that we had the best wedding with them leading the path with great music and keeping us to the timeline!!!!!
    I am so happy to be writing this reference and would recommend this band to anyone who is considering a band! You can not go wrong!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Hank Agency's reply:

WOW!!!! Sugah Rush had the most amazing time time with your MEGA dancing family & friends THANK YOU

Alyssa · Married on 09/14/2019

Made the wedding!

Everyone raved about Soul of Boston. They made the night SO FUN and kept everyone dancing all night. Thank you Apollo, Gail, and all for your help and attention to detail! We had an incredible night thanks to you!!!!! I’d hire them again in a second. Also they killed a few requests like Third Eye Blind and Shania Twain :)

Sent on 09/19/2019

Hank Agency's reply:

Alyssa, your party was AMAZING, Apollo and the gang loved rocking out all night with you guys :) Let's do it again sometime.
  • Zoe S

Zoe · Married on 09/07/2019

Hanh Agency is the BEST

Unbelievable!

Where do I even begin?! Book this band immediately!

Hot Mess preformed at our wedding in Sept 2019 and blew my expectations out of the water. From the beginning, Gail and Jason were wonderful to work with. Jason even managed to keep me calm when we thought we might have a wedding amidst hurricane Dorian. I knew either way, they’d help us throw an incredible party.

And that they did. The night of the wedding, they knocked it out of the park. I know people say this, but I mean it - they got EVERYONE dancing. Including my 91 year old grandmother. They truly and honestly made our wedding. It was such a joyous and FUN celebration. So so many guests have said Hot Mess is the best wedding band they’ve ever heard.

All I can say is wow. My heart is bursting just writing this review because everyone and everything was so amazing.

Don’t hesitate to book this band, it will be the best decision you make.

Sent on 09/25/2019

Jacqueline S. · Married on 08/24/2019

Hot Mess was amazing!

Booked Hot Mess for our wedding on 8/24/19. I can't get over how much fun this band was. The dance floor was packed all night and we had received complements from everyone saying how great they were. The band was interactive in the crowd with the horns section and the singers coming out. Never annoying or in your face but just building up the energy!

Jason was extremely helpful throughout the whole process. We had jumped on a call to go over the whole night and what we had hoped for. We were a little picky with what we did and didn't want to hear and with just a few questions from Jason he had come up with the most perfect set list.

The band learned two songs for us and they sounded even better than the originals. Our first dance song we wanted to give a little twist from the original and Jason was nice enough to give us a sample of how they would play it so we could practice dancing to it prior to the big day.

10/10 would book again!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Regina

Regina R. · Married on 07/21/2019

Lucky 13 was amazing!

We had an AMAZING experience with Lucky 13 and the Hank Agency. Tania was so responsive and helpful about making sure we had the right band for our space and budget and Lucky 13 was the perfect fit. They have an amazing sound and have a wide range of genres/songs to make sure the party goes all night long! The week of the wedding I received a call from the lead singer to make sure that she had everything right to make the reception go without a hitch. They had people on the dance floor from the first to last song! I would recommend this band to anyone who wants their wedding to be a dance party. Thank you so much for making it the best day ever!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Dlb · Married on 07/09/2019

Wedding Band was FABULOUS!!

It was a pleasure to work with Tania at Hank Agency. Her knowledge of the music industry is extensive as is events managment resume, She has instant recall for the bands she represents and is able to guide you to the best entertainer(s) for your event. Tania and Hank Agency are peerless!

The dance floor at my daughter's was fully utilized all evening long. An amazing time was had by EVERY guest! My best recommendation is to say Hank Agency is providing the band for our 2nd daughter's wedding!

Sent on 12/24/2019

Hank Agency's reply:

Deb, thank you for letting us be part of your daughter's BIG DAY!
    I enjoyed our conversations and can't wait for the next wedding with in May 2020 with Soul of Boston! I hope you enjoy the holiday season.

Caroline S. · Married on 06/08/2019

Soul of Boston is AMAZING

The Soul of Boston was the BEST. They made our reception AMAZING. They were fun, upbeat, and had the entire dance floor packed the entire night. They learned our songs for our first dances--it was beautiful. They even learned a fun twist on a song that my husband and his friends do back in Buffalo, NY. There was never a lull in the dancing -- everyone danced the entire night. They even stayed for two additional songs! They were dancing with us and had everyone engaged. After the wedding, everyone asked me about the band and raved about them. I love Soul of Boston and would recommend them to ANY BRIDE!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Hank Agency's reply:

Caroline!!!! Soul of Boston had an awesome time with you and your family - thanks for letting us be a part of your Special day :)

Tracy R. · Married on 05/04/2019

You are insane if you do not hire them!

We CANNOT say enough amazing things about this band and these people. If you Are lucky enough to book them on a day they are not booked you will have the most memorable wedding of your life. Jason and his band sang at our ceremony did acoustic at our cocktail hour and full on fun at our ceremony. They are so professional, so fun, so engaging oh and did we mention they are a complete HOT MESS at what they do (and that’s the best compliment!). We are so thankful to them all for making our day so beautiful and special and we are happy to call them our friends. Any questions please email me. We are jealous of everyone that gets to hear them play!
    Best of luck
    Tracy & Luke

Sent on 11/12/2019

Hi Tracy & Luke,
    WOW, what an incredible night! Thank you for letting us be a part of the magic. We wish you the best in your new venture together as Mr & Mrs!

Alysandra · Married on 09/02/2018

SUGAH RUSH made my wedding! Hands down the BEST in the business. My guests will not stop raving about how awesome they were!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Hank Agency's reply:

Alysandra, thank you so much for the kind words! We had a BLAST, hope to see you and your husband at one of our upcoming performances!

Marybeth · Married on 01/19/2018

I hired the band Honey Train for my Company Holiday Party. All I can say is WOW! from the first call to Tania at the Hank Agency to meeting Jason from the band - WOW!! They listened to what we wanted (quiet music during dinner) to opening it up after and getting the crowd going. Everyone was on the dance floor dancing. We had so much fun. They were great. I will definitely hire them again next year!!

Sent on 01/22/2018

Hank Agency's reply:

Marybeth, thank you for having us! I don't think we could have asked for a better night! Gorgeous views, amazing food, and awesome guests! You made our job easy. Can't wait to do it again next year!

Megan · Married on 09/30/2017

I was confident in our band selection but it was so nice to hear how much our guests enjoyed the music! The musicians were talented, friendly and engaging with the crowd. Good range of songs
    that kept four generations of guests happy. Agency was very easy to work with and always there to help and answer questions.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Hank Agency's reply:

Megan, we had a blast performing for you and your guests! One of our favorite guests was the little "ROCK STAR" on the dance floor!