Hands on Sweets Reviews

Hands on Sweets 4
Hands on Sweets 5
  • Jeanne

Jeanne · Getting married on 02/22/2020

Cakes were beauitful and my husband loved his turtle groom cake. Planning from out of town and not seeing or tasting before hand - chef Marie beat my expectations. I would refer her business to everyone if I lived in FL. My guest ranted and raved over the taste and beauty. She was more than accomodating. FABULOUS!

Sent on 08/07/2013
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/19/2019

The cake of your dreams!

Our cakes turned out perfectly and the Heinz Ketchup bottle shaped Groom’s cake was a huge hit! Marie is the absolute sweetest - always so friendly and very responsive. We will definitely be using Hands on Sweets again for future events :) We can’t wait for our first anniversary to eat the top tier!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Lenda

Lenda · Married on 06/29/2019

Wedding Cake

OMG chef Marie was awesome, her cake tasting was fresh cake fresh hot out of the oven. She's had made flowers for our cake that last for a years simply awesome. We had carrot cake and vanilla cake in our 2 tier cake both cakes were to die for. Chef Marie was and is the best.

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • MaryAnn

MaryAnn · Married on 06/14/2019

Exceptional!

We worked with Chef Marie and one word that summarizes her work is delicious and amazing!

She helped us make our wedding memorable with a stunning cake- a masterpiece of thin fondant and buttercream. She was even flexible to allow us two flavors in our 3 tier cake!

She was professional, patient, flexible, and truly great at her craft.

We would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone on your special day!

Hands on Sweets 6
    Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Charlotte

Charlotte · Married on 05/25/2019

Cake and customer service that are absolutely stellar

We used Hands-On Sweets for our wedding this spring and absolutely loved it. Carlos and Marie were wonderful to work with and were fantastic at helping create a design that looked beautiful. That being said, as gorgeous as the cake was, the way it tasted was even better. We went with a carrot cake with vanilla layers and cream cheese frosting and it was absolutely delicious. So good in fact, that we decided to forgo the whole "save the top layer" tradition and eat it all that weekend - it was too good to wait on! Would absolutely recommend them again.

Hands on Sweets 7
    Sent on 07/14/2019

Jenn Maranhao · Married on 03/23/2019

Best Desserts!

We were recommended Hands on Sweets by our wedding coordinator, and we couldn't have asked for a better baker! Chef Marie and Chef Carlos are amazing! As an out-of-state couple, communication was super important to us, and Chef Marie was always available to answer our emails or phone calls. We had several consultations with her about what we wanted, and we were absolutely blown away! As a multi-cultural couple, we really wanted to have desserts that represented both of us, and they were able to find and create some of our favorite desserts that are not necessarily traditional. They are both incredibly talented, and everyone was raving about how great our cake and dessert table were!

Sent on 04/21/2019
  • Jenn

Jenn Hobbs · Married on 03/16/2019

The cake of our dreams ♥♥

I couldn't recommend Hands on Sweets enough for your wedding! They are so talented and creative. We met with Chef Marie for a tasting then sat down with her to describe our dream cake. She knew exactly what we meant when we asked for a naked cake and she had great ideas like incorporating rose gold metallic icing (the color of our rings) into the cake. We chose to have alternating tiers of chocolate and pink champagne flavored cake with raspberry buttercream and raspberry coulis. The cake tasted heavenly, we can't wait to order another topper next year for our anniversary. Thank you so much Hands on Sweets!!! ♥

Hands on Sweets 8
    Sent on 04/02/2019

Alex · Married on 03/02/2019

Best Dessert Table Ever!

We had a few cake tastings and nothing compared to Chef Maria and Chef Carlos. Not only do their desserts/cakes taste amazing but the set up of their dessert tables really 'take the cake'. They are a work of art. I would hire Hand on Sweets to do cake/desserts again!

Sent on 04/07/2019
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 02/23/2019

Great taste and beautiful presentation!

Chef Marie was a bottle of sunshine from the minute we did our taste testing to the day she delivered the cake at the wedding! Even if there was an idea change for the presentation, amount of cake, etc. She was willing to help She was quick to respond to any emails. Welcomed all ideas and made me so comfortable. Then of course the taste of the desserts were amazing and beautiful to top it off! Highly recommended!

Sent on 02/24/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 02/23/2019

Delicious and Beautiful!!

Our cake was not only delicious, but a work of art! Chef Marie is so creative and talented and it truly shows!! When we first talked on the phone to set up a tasting she was so lighthearted and sweet! The tasting was an experience in itself! So many yummy flavors and options! Marie had great ideas and really put our vision to life!! The cake looked absolutely gorgeous on our big day and tasted just as good! We had a 3 tier cake with two flavors and got so many compliments on both!! Would recommend again and again! You can really see their passion for their work come through!!

Hands on Sweets 9
    Sent on 03/24/2019

Tori Michael · Married on 02/17/2019

Delicious and beautiful

Hands on Sweets is amazing! Their cakes are delicious. It was so hard deciding what flavor to go with which, in my opinion, is a pretty good problem to have. I gave Chef Marie a really rough idea about what I wanted my cake to look like and she sketched out something more beautiful than I could have imagined. About a year later, the cake looked identical to the sketch. It was the cake of my dreams and I am so happy that we chose to get our cake here!

Sent on 03/02/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Ralph Bova · Married on 09/15/2018

How sweet it is!

I have a major sweet-tooth, and HOS never ceases to amaze me with their delicious and creative desserts. They not only created a beautiful marble wedding cake to complement our wedding decor, but a custom deer head for the groom’s birthday cake, and a full dessert bar with all of my favorites- macarons, monogram cookies, pinwheel marshmallow cookies, mini donuts, and rice krispie treats! We even used the custom monogram cookies for our welcome boxes. There was not a single dessert left at the end of the night. We can’t thank you enough for all of the sweet ways you made our wedding day special.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Dior · Married on 01/13/2018

We can not say enough amazing things about hands on sweets! Chef Marie and her husband are so welcoming and kind they make you feel so comfortable when you sit and meet with them. The talent and passion these two have for their business is incredible and their cakes are absolutely amazing! We had a beauty and the beast themed wedding and hands on sweets made all of our dreams come to life for our cake! It was absolutely beautiful! We can’t thank the two of you enough!!

Hands on Sweets 10
    Hands on Sweets 11
    Hands on Sweets 12
    Sent on 01/31/2018

Beth · Married on 11/25/2017

Our wedding venue selected our cake vendor for us - and as luck would have it - that vendor cancelled on us! I placed a frantic call to Chef Marie, and she stepped up to the plate (pun intended). Warm and bubbly on the phone, she assured me that she was available for our wedding and everything would go off without a hitch. I flew down to Tampa for our tasting with my parents and my father wouldn't stop raving about the delicious cake options and Marie's professionalism. On our wedding day we (and all of our guests) were blown away by the exceptional design and delicious cake. This husband and wife team are a sure bet for your wedding day and will bring you fun and joy along the way! Thank you for everything, Marie.

Sent on 12/15/2017

Samantha · Married on 11/18/2017

We are still getting rave reviews from our guests about our wedding cake on 11/18/17! Thank you Chef Marie for the most beautiful and tasty wedding cake! Hands on Sweets made the planning process so easy as my now husband and I worked long hours, so many of our emails came at night. They were always quick to respond and didn't mind us changing our mind 3 times about the cake stand. Thank you for being so flexible! The cake tasting was also amazing. We loved the private room and how Chef Marie took time to explain all of the flavors to us. It was one of the best experiences we had while planning our wedding. Thank you Hands on Sweets!

Sent on 12/09/2017

marisa · Married on 11/10/2017

Our wedding would not have been the same without the amazing dessert table and cake that Hands on Sweets made for our day! When we met with Chef Marie she was so nice and had some great ideas, truly a pleasure meeting with her and working with her for our wedding. My wedding planner and I decided it would be amazing to have a dessert table with an assortment of treats on it. It came out better than I could've even imagined. So good in fact, that it was all gone in about 30 minutes and we had a huge table full of desserts. They made every dessert to fit the theme and decor of our wedding which was rose gold, burgundy, splashes of blush pink, and a dusty rose color. We had cookies with our monogram on them, macaroons painted rose gold, cake pops to match as well, cupcakes, donuts and so much more! It was so pretty and beautiful but also SO delicious. Our actual wedding cake turned out beautiful as well and tasted just as good! Thank you so much Hands on Sweets for our lovely wedding cake and adding such a special touch to our wedding day with the best dessert table i've ever seen.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Courtney · Married on 10/28/2017

Chef Marie is a total dream to work with. Beyond being amazingly creative and inventive, her cakes are DIVINE. My husband and I had selected another wedding cake baker for our big day, only to have that vendor completely ghost on us. We found Hands on Sweets only a couple of months before our wedding, and Chef Marie dove head-first into the challenge. I am so glad that our first vendor fell by the wayside, because Chef Marie truly made the most delicious cake that I have ever tasted in my life! She designed a suite of 3 cakes that fit perfectly into the aesthetic for our wedding, and drew up designs and concepts that were not only memorable but had guests eating slice after slice after slice. I also worked one-on-one with Chef Marie to design a groom's cake for my husband, and she designed a cake that blew everyone away. Guests were laughing and commenting all night long on how incredible it all was. Beyond being communicative and responsive with calls and emails, she was timely with delivery and wasn't hesitant to call if she had questions or additional ideas she wanted to run by us. She also designed cookies for our welcome bags for all of our guests with a special design based on the motif of our wedding, which ended up perfectly matching our cake--it was these little details that made our wedding absolutely perfect. Look no further than Chef Marie at Hands on Sweets for your wedding. She will exceed your wildest expectations!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Autumn · Married on 10/21/2017

Where to begin! Chef Marie was just the best. From the first email, to the tasting, all the way through till the day of, she was just the best. The cake was so beautiful. It was just perfect. They truly are experts in what they do! It was delicious!! Marie was patient with us during our tasting and she managed to sketch a cake that was exactly what we were invisioning. She had such great ideas that helped us decide what we wanted. I could go on for days, Hands on Sweets was PERFECT. Seriously. No complaints at all. If you want a patient, reliable (Chef Marie delivered our cake herself on time!!), amazing wedding cake, you HAVE TO call Chef Marie. She’s the bomb!!!!!! And the cake was literally perfect. Even prettier and more delicious than what we imagined! She was extremely responsive to all our questions, very professional, just perfect. The cake arrived on time as planned without a single problem. We’d hire them again. Thank you Chef Marie!!!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Viana · Married on 10/14/2017

Our wedding cake was everything we wanted. Traditional vanilla cake with a layer of raspberry merengue and another of cream cheese filling. Everyone was raving how delicious it was and how beautiful it was!!! We wanted it to look like it was made out of porcelain and they DELIVERED!!! Super smooth fondant. Nothing lumpy. Quilted and lace effects on two of the tiers, and amazingly well done sugar flowers and greenery, that you had to look twice to make sure they were not real. I can’t stress enough how good it was!!! Chef Marie and Chef Carlos were great to work with. Super easy going and very acommodating. Best wedding cakes in Tampa!!!

Hands on Sweets 13
    Hands on Sweets 14
    Sent on 10/24/2017

Stephanie · Married on 09/03/2017

My wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing. All of our guests were complimenting it! Plus our cake tasting was wonderful. Very professional.

Sent on 09/17/2017

Cami · Married on 07/22/2017

Chef Marie was a joy to work with! She made us a beautiful wedding cake and dessert bar that we got so many compliments on. The cake was delicious! As was all the other dessert bar items. She was very easily accessible and flexible with changes along the way. Would recommend to anyone getting married in the Tampa area!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Kimberly · Married on 06/24/2017

They made and designed my wedding cake for my wedding. The cake was so beautiful and so delicious our guests all commented on it! Chef Marie and Chef Carlos were amazing to work with and were so upbeat it was exciting to get to talk to them. They were so sweet, kind, and responsive. Highly highly recommend. They do beautiful work!

Sent on 07/04/2017

Mary · Married on 05/20/2017

The cake was so beautiful, and I can't eat other cake now that I've had theirs! No other cake taste compares!!! Marie was so nice to meet in person for the cake tasting, the thing that got me the most interested was that you can feel the passion for what they do when you walk in the door. Her and her husband work together as a team; if you are getting married, you want a married couple to make your cake because they know how you felt preparing for marriage at one point!!! Their cakes are filled with their passion for what they do. I had buttercream frosting but it was so fluffy when biting into it, although it looks like fondant. I based my centerpiece colors around the cake to make everything tied together. We had a beach theme wedding at Sunken Gardens, so the cake was ombre white to teal, coral and shell piping and pearls where the tiers meet. Centerpieces were paper lanterns with ombre white to turquoise and baby's breath/white wisterias combined. The cake was for 70 people, with a lot still leftover! We will be remaking the top for our anniversary since we got excited and ate the top anyway.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/06/2017

Holy cow! The macaroons we ordered for our wedding day were absolutely delicious and gorgeous! Everyone loved them!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Maria · Married on 04/15/2017

We chose Hands on Sweets for our daughter’s wedding & groom’s cake based on 5-star Google reviews & we were not disappointed. There is no doubt that they are a talented, creative, & highly professional team & can custom design & bake your dream cake too. Chefs Marie & Carlos were able to take my somewhat scattered ideas & turn them into an artistic, culinary reality - personalized especially for the newlyweds. Chef Marie made a huge effort to simplify the experience for us. It went from stressing out to stress free. Being a “big” surprise to the couple complicated by our being out-of-state parents, made it extremely difficult for us, yet they handled everything to the last, perfect detail: contacting the venue, delivery, setting up, etc. My only task was to drop off the cake topper & some custom decorations. I can’t say enough about Chef Marie’s patience & flexibility. We began with a traditional wedding design but then discovered the wedding venue was a rustic theme. Three months of emails later, Chef Marie was able to switch gears, start from square one, & produce an elegant (& fun) cake duo, complimented by tree bark & rope pedestals, a luscious cascade of sugar flowers set against frosting ferns, with custom accents on the serving pieces. The bride’s cake was an amazing Vanilla Chiffon Cake with Vanilla Bean Buttercream frosting & the groom’s cake was Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache on the top tier & Chocolate Buttercream on the bottom. I hope they post photos so you can see how beautiful, creative & scrumptious, the cakes were. Truly, next to the bride & groom, they were the centerpiece of the reception room. My daughter received compliments from women & men throughout the evening. (At one point the groom & his friends stood around his cake, just fascinated, & talked about how cool it was.) In my daughter’s words, “Mom, the cakes were a Hit.” That, was our goal. Hand on Sweets made it happen. We are so grateful.

Sent on 04/18/2017