Hancer Photography Reviews

Hancer Photography 5
Hancer Photography 6
Hancer Photography 7

Kelly · Married on 12/08/2018

We are so very happy we chose Hancer Photography to be a part of our special day. From the very first meeting Nancy was able to put my anxious bridal mind at ease. She was detailed, professional, and seemed like the perfect fit for our day. After our engagement session, I was even more convinced I had made the absolute best decision. Not only were the photos STUNNING, but Nancy really took the time and care to make sure we got the perfect shot. I can be a very anxious person and Nancy was so comforting which allowed me to truly relax and enjoy myself during this process. She is always encouraging you to get lost in the moment and forget she is there, making for some AWESOME photos. Nancy and Omer are so great at being there for all of my weird questions. Again, I am anxious, so that comes with a lot of questions. I am never quite sure what to expect, but they help me paint a complete picture while also easing my worry. I cannot wait until our big day because I am 100% confident are photos will be truly spectacular!

Hancer Photography 8

Caitlin · Married on 08/18/2018

We just happened to find Hancer Photography while searching through photos on Facebook and are so happy we did! From the beginning Nancy has been very responsive taking the time to answer any questions we've had. We recently had our engagement photos taken by Nancy and they came out amazing! My fiancée and I were both nervous in the beginning, but Nancy immediately put us at ease. We are looking forward to working with Nancy and Omer for our wedding in August!

Ryan · Married on 08/18/2018

You Can Count on Hancer

Nancy and Omer were a pleasure to work with. They are extremely detailed oriented which was evident when Nancy took the time to speak with my wife a couple of days before the wedding answering any questions, making sure we had a timeline set and she knew exactly what specific pictures we wanted, instantly putting us at ease. We received so many compliments from our wedding party about how much they enjoyed working with Nancy and Omer. We have also received countless compliments on the photos themselves. It ended up raining on our wedding days, but nonetheless Nancy and Omer found the perfect backdrops for our pictures. Nancy and Omer took the time to set the little details and it shows in their photos. We enjoyed working with both Nancy and Omer and would recommend them without hesitation.

Kristina Muscalino · Married on 08/04/2018

Lovely Wedding Photos!

We had such a lovely photo session with Nancy and Omer! They gave us so many tips for how to relax our faces, position our bodies, and emulate so that our love came across our photos.They took great care to maximize all possible photo opportunities in such beautiful and creative poses and locations. They truly took the time and care to make sure we had a thorough collection. Not only do we have photos that we will cherish for the rest of our lives, but also new skills to apply to our future family photos. Nancy and Omer are such kind, friendly, and organized professionals. We had such a fun time with them and were blown away by how much we accomplished during our session. They really did their homework ahead of time to learn our venue and select the best backdrops, as well as understand our own personal style and goals. You will truly have both a fantastic day of experience and beautiful memories from Nancy and Omer. We are thrilled with their work!

Ashley · Married on 07/28/2018

We cannot begin to express how great our experience was with Hancer photography. Working with Nancy and Omar was fantastic. They gave us everything we wished for and more. Getting to know Nancy during our engagement shoot was the perfect start. We used the engagement photos in our guest book as Nancy has suggested. She made us feel so comfortable, the photos clearly showed the love we share.

As for the wedding... words cannot really express how impressed we and our family and friends are. Everyone keeps saying, “they look like they are from a magazine!” Nancy asked me to provide a list of any specific shots we would want ahead of time and she got them all plus more! Nancy scouted our Newport ahead of time and suggested we reserve time to shoot at a Newport Mansion... her suggestion was just right. The backdrop which featured the historical Marble house allowed for so many dynamic photos.

Great direction! One thing that stood out to the whole wedding party was how well Nancy and Omar were at direction. They would push us to feel a “bit too close” promising great results. They were right. My friends loved all the shots we had together. There were almost none of the standard line up look forward and smile. Our photos are amazing! I have been in other weddings and has never had a photographer direct everyone how to move every part of their body... “bend your elbow a little, a little more... ok tilt your head..” they details showed!
    Two expert photographers made this package unmatched! I did not come across any other opportunity that offered two principal photographers. I have been in weddings that had an assistant who took some shots, but this cannot compare. As I walked down the isle, Nancy took shots from the choir balcony while Omar was at the end of the isle watching my husband’s reaction as well as mine. Plus, the price of the package includes 9 hours, which is at least one more hour beyond the normal for other photographers.

Hancer Photography 9
    Hancer Photography 16
    Hancer Photography 17
    Hancer Photography 18

Thu · Married on 07/21/2018

What more can we say about Nancy that hasn’t already been said? Simply put, her work is incredible. We had the pleasure of working with her for our engagement photoshoot and we don’t know what it is, but her magic behind the camera transforms photos into works of art. Not only does her talent shine through her work, she is legitimately genuine, kind, and has such a calming demeanor that instantly makes you feel at ease so you don’t feel awkward if it’s your first time being professionally photographed. Her guidance on the day of the shoot was spot on; the pictures captured all the moments we exactly wanted and we couldn’t be more happy with the way our pictures came out! We thought finding the right people to capture our special day would be an ordeal, but Hancer Photography has thus far made the entire process almost effortless. We can’t wait to work with Nancy again on our wedding day!

Allison · Married on 07/01/2018

Nancy and Omer are amazing. From taking the time to answer all of our questions when we were selecting a photographer, to spending 3+ hours during our first consultation to discuss every step and wedding detail, to indulging us in two engagement shoots, we couldn't be happier. Hancer photography's photos are truly unique and capture moments in a way we have never seen before. Of all our wedding vendors, Nancy and Omer have truly been outstanding and they have a way of making you feel like you are the only client they are working with! From the personal notes, kind tips on how to look your best in your photos, to general wedding advice, we couldn't be more pleased. Now we just can't wait to share our wedding day with them!!

Erica · Married on 06/23/2018

In looking for a wedding photographer, we hoped to find someone who could capture all the beautiful, spontaneous moments throughout our day. Nancy and Omer exceeded our expectations and working with them was such a pleasure!

From the beginning, our phone calls with Nancy were so reassuring. She helped us think through and plan all the details, even the things we had not considered. Planning a wedding can be stressful, and Nancy gave us confidence in their abilities, and the knowledge that we were working with absolute experts!

Nancy and Omer are incredible artists and are so encouraging. Both my husband and I aren’t naturally comfortable in front of the camera. They both put us at ease and helped us feel confident. Their calm presence was so great to have on our wedding day. They made sure we didn’t miss any special moments worth photographing, and it never took away from our ability to enjoy the day.

They are artists who have a genuine passion for what they do and it is so evident in their work. From beautifully posed photos, to spontaneous laughter and smiles on the dance floor, they captured it all. Friends and family have told us repeatedly how wonderful the photos are. Thanks to Hancer Photography, we can relive our wedding day memories over and over again!

Jenna · Married on 06/16/2018

Nancy and Omer were a perfect fit in our amazing day! My wife and I felt so comfortable with both of them from our engagement photos to our whole wedding day. To start, they were on time, proactive, had a plan in place for the entire day (Over 9 hours). We took photos before the first look in different houses so they were able to build a timeline with us that was executed flawlessly. There was no stress leading up to ceremony time! Nancy was always quick on replying to our many questions and concerns and was always able to find a solution. They fit in seamlessly with our personalities, families and friends. I would say by far the best vendor we picked and would recommend them to anyone looking for caring, creative, kind people to be with you on the most special day.

Meaghan · Married on 06/09/2018

Excellent photographers

Nancy and Omer are simply amazing photographers! Everyone is still commenting on how great our wedding photos came out. You don’t get the standard cookie cutter photos with the hancers; they are very creative and truly skilled. They really know how to get the best shots. I would never hesitate to hire them again. Our wedding events were running a little behind and they even agreed to stay so that we could get all of the photos we wanted (even though they had already travelled a distance to Newport, RI).

Hancer Photography 19
    Hancer Photography 20
    Hancer Photography 21
    Hancer Photography 22
    Hancer Photography 23
    Hancer Photography 24

Heather · Married on 05/27/2018

Hancer Photography did an amazing job capturing our engagement session and wedding day. Both Nancy and Omer were a delight to work with, they were so friendly, flexible, and responsive!
    We met Nancy in Boston for our engagement photo shoot. It was our first time having professional photographs taken so we had a few jitters, but her down-to-earth and easy-going demeanor put us at ease. Nancy gave us direction and guidance when needed but also let us be us during the session. We felt so much more relaxed and comfortable as we were able to immerse ourselves with our surroundings. The photos really conveyed this well and came out wonderfully!
    Both Nancy and Omer did a brilliant job photographing our wedding day. We had a few hiccups along the way (a last minute location change and some inclement weather) but Nancy and Omer accommodated us completely. They were able to make best of the situation and captured an array of beautiful shots that were absolutely stunning! We’re thrilled with how the photos turned out and can’t wait for the entire collection to come together!
    It was an absolute joy to work with both Nancy and Omer. Their photos speak volumes to their immense talent and passion for their craft. We can’t thank them enough for capturing our most cherished memories on our special day!

Silvana · Married on 05/26/2018

Wouldn't have had it any other way !

I spoke with multiple photographers before my scheduled consultation with Nancy from Hancer Photography. Once I spoke with Nancy, I was sold. Our conversation was 11 months before my wedding, and throughout our call she asked me dozens of questions about my timeline and my vision for the day. Although I had not yet planned many of these elements at such an early stage, her prompt professionalism made me feel at ease and she helped me get my thoughts for the day moving. Between Nancy’s calm, professional demeaner, their incredible photo portfolio, and their reasonable price, I happily hired Hancer Photography for my wedding day on May 26, 2018.

The months leading up to the wedding, Nancy was my rock. She scheduled meetings with me in order to make sure we had our timeline to ensure that no shots were missed on the day. As someone who has never gotten married before, I was definitely confused about what to do regarding certain elements in the timeline. Nancy took much more time than we scheduled to speak with me and help me through every single step. She never treated me as though it was a burden, although I knew she had a very busy schedule. She was so nice and genuine over the phone, and helped ease my wedding jitters leading up to the day.

When she arrived to my house on my wedding day, she was just as wonderful in person. She moved around gracefully taking pictures as I was getting ready in my jam-packed house filled with Italian relatives and 8 bridesmaids without being invasive at all. She got all the right shots and helped keep me on track with time, while completing the long list of photos at my house before leaving for the church. Her husband, Omer, was at my fiancé’s house taking photos and he went to the church early to set up/take some photos of the church.

By the time the day came, we were so organized with photo lists and the timeline, that everything was down to a science. I did not feel stressed at all when it came to our photo coverage. Nancy and Omer were so nice and work amazingly together; they also worked very well with a videographer that I booked at the last minute, someone they never worked with before.

One of my favorite parts of working with them was their creativity and guidance with photos. They communicated very clearly things we could do or move in order to land a perfect shot. I’m not a fan of staged photos and they helped us create beautiful candid photos, that looked GREAT! We were comfortable letting them put their creativity to work, and it was so fun bouncing ideas off each other regarding certain spots to take photos near the venue (rocks, shipyard, etc.).

When the photos came, they were amazing. Such great quality and truly depicted the feelings and emotions for the day. I’m so incredibly happy that I will have these photos for life- especially those emotional, beautiful pictures with loved ones who are sick, etc. They promptly sent us our pictures on a flash drive, and there were hundreds of amazing quality photos.

I’m looking forward to working with Nancy and Omer in the future, as our family grows : ) I couldn’t imagine working with anyone else for our wedding. I’m so happy I found them. If you don’t work with them too, you’re seriously missing out!

Christine · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband and I selected to have Nancy and Omar photograph our wedding day and it was hands down the best decision we made. The duo went above and beyond to accommodate our needs (and our giant bridal party). From continuous communication through out the year of planning to phone sessions where we were able to discuss in detail the entire event from start to finish so that we were all on the same page. I really appreciated the time spent on us as a couple. We were given many opportunities to discuss exactly what we wanted but also the things we might need to have prepared in the event things didn't go as planned. Not only that, but Nancy was extremely kind and thoughtful -- she sent us hand written cards leading up to the wedding filled with kind words and advice which helped ease the nerves of such a huge step in our lives. Their experience, knowledge and overall demeanor helped us to trust their professional opinion without question. Nancy was patient and organized and Omar was spectacular - he made us feel 100% comfortable being in front of the camera. The two made us feel like the most important people in the world from start to finish! In addition, they work so well together and they made sure to involve us every step of the way that day when things seemed to get off track. They kept the communication open so that we were always aware of everything that was going on. I can't stress enough how much they went above and beyond to provide us with exactly what we asked for and get the shots we really wanted!

Not only was our experience wonderful but the results were too! They gave us sneak peaks of our photos not even 2 days after the wedding! We received all of our images within a months time and we just received our personalized wedding album! Everything completely surpassed our hopes and dreams - they are so talented and everything was breathtaking. We could not be more thankful! We hope to continue working with them for future milestones :)

Shawn · Married on 02/17/2018

My wife and I stumbled across Hancer Photography in what seemed like a never-ending search for the perfect photographer. We are so grateful for this as we could not imagine going through our wedding day without the calming presence of Nancy. During both our engagement session and throughout our wedding day Nancy was there to keep us calm and grounded... all while making some amazing photographs and documenting our day in a way we could not have even imagined. The photographs from our wedding are a constant reminder of just how special that day was, and they were so beautifully done. We recommend Hancer Photography without reservation. Nancy is a truly amazing photographer.

Tim · Married on 12/30/2017

We are so happy we chose Hancer Photography to be a part of our wedding day. Nancy was right by our side during every step of the planning process, from our engagement shoot until the big day. She made sure all of our questions were answered and that she knew exactly what moments we wanted her to capture.

My wife and I got married in Copley Square when it was 15 degrees. Nancy and Omer were so mindful that we wanted very particular outside shots and were able to capture everything that we wanted while also giving us breaks to warm up indoors. There attention to detail and instruction was so helpful in setting up our poses for specific shots. They are extremely professional while also adding in their own creativity into the poses. We received sneak peak photos the day after our wedding and they are absolutely amazing. We cannot recommend Hancer Photography enough!!

-Tim and Caitlyn

caitlyn · Married on 12/30/2017

Nancy is a pleasure to work with. She is very professional and the final product of our engagement photos in East Boston came out beautiful. Such a variety of shots that highlighted exactly what we wanted. We can't wait for the wedding!

• User6839720 · 1+ year ago

Nancy and Omer were a dream to work with! My husband and I couldn't stop raving about how happy we were that we chose them to capture our wedding day. The two of us are not usually very comfortable being photographed, but Nancy and Omer made us feel so much at ease throughout the day and evening. When we saw the final photos, (which came back very quickly, in my opinion), we were so thrilled! They captured so many special moments in such beautiful ways. I would recommend them a thousand times over! Thank you, Nancy and Omer!

Hancer Photography 25
    Hancer Photography 26
    Hancer Photography 27

Alissa · Married on 11/03/2017

Where do I begin? EXCELLENCE! I originally had found Hancer Photography on a wedding wire site and as soon as I saw the photography style, I instantly fell in love and knew this was my photographer. My fiancé and I had met with Nancy and she was so lovely, making our experience very enjoyable and providing us with knowledge in regards to how to pick the right photographer for our big day. For our engagement photo shoot I must admit- we were slightly nervous at first because having pictures taken and trying to feel "yourself" can be somewhat intimidating in front of a lens! Nancy was amazing at making us feel comfortable and helping us loosen up to capture those beautiful shots! She is kind, professional and extremely dedicated to her quality of work. We have absolutely no complaints and are thrilled with how our photos came out. We are very lucky to have Nancy capturing our special day!! I would highly recommend Hancer Photography !!
    Alissa and Jeremy

Robert · Married on 10/13/2017

We couldn't have been happier with our experience with Hancer. From our very first conversation, we felt completely at ease and taken care of. Most importantly, on the day of, with all the details in the mix, Hancer brought a palpable air of calm, which extended to our entire wedding party. This made for natural moments, which they captured beautifully. We look through the photos all the time and will certainly cherish them for years to come!

Hancer Photography 28

Alicia · Married on 10/07/2017

My fiance and I found Hancer photography through The Knot website. They contacted us back immediately and were able to set up a time to meet. Nancy brought up a TON of questions for us regarding our big day, especially things we never thought about, it was great to talk to someone with such experience. The pricing for what they offer is great for the Boston area. It was very easy and timely to schedule our engagement shoot and to receive our pictures. Although my wedding day has not happened I know the photographs will be amazing!

Elena · Married on 09/23/2017

Hancer Photography takes engagement and wedding photos to the next level. Nancy's eye for the special moments and the love between a couple is unprecedented. My fiancé and I recently had our engagement session with Nancy and it was absolutely perfect. She coached us and worked with us to take so many amazing photos! Her demeanor and attitude is thoughtful and kind. When they sent us the photos via mail she even included a cute note and wrapped the USB :) I can't wait to work with Nancy again for our wedding day in September 2017!!!

Tatiana · Married on 09/09/2017

From the moment we met Nancy and Omer we knew they would be a perfect fit for us. Nancy did an amazing job on our engagement photos. She went above and beyond to capture the shots we were looking for. We were blown away when we got the end results. We are so excited to be working with Hancer photography, we can't wait until our wedding day!

Ashley · Married on 08/26/2017

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! I can't even begin to put into words how amazing Hancer Photography is! We found Nancy and Omer's profile on the Knot and quickly fell in love with their online photo gallery. In our first meeting with Nancy she went through every last detail on how our wedding day would go. She gave us tips on how to prepare for our photos on our wedding day so that the day would be smooth and stress free! I felt so comfortable during that first meeting I knew that I had to have Hancer Photography photograph our wedding! Since that first meeting my fiancé had Nancy at our proposal. (yes we booked vendors prior to our official engagement!) She captured the moment perfectly. I didn't even know she was there until my fiancé told me to waive to her! She ran up and down the Providence river capturing our engagement which took place on a gondola! The pictures are gorgeous and she really captured the emotion of the moment in her photographs! We also had our engagement shoot recently and again I am amazed at the photographs that Nancy takes! She again helped us with tips to prepare for our engagement session and they really helped make our pictures magical! Nancy comes up with the best spots to take pictures and truly captures the emotions through her photographs. I am so amazed with the way our pictures turned out! They look like they belong in a magazine. She is so artistic and great at what she does! I can't stop staring at our pictures. One last thing that I have to say is that Nancy writes the most amazing commentaries when she posts your pictures on Facebook. She also sends the sweetest notes when she sends out your pictures. She is so thoughtful and she genuinely cares about your special day! I would HIGHLY recommend Hancer Photography for your wedding day! You will feel comfortable and special throughout the entire experience! I can't wait until our wedding day and to post again about our amazing experience with Nancy and Omer!

Anthony · Married on 08/26/2017

Nancy and Omer are truly experts at what they do. Their work is breathtaking and they are genuinely nice people. Hiring Hancer Photography was the best wedding decision my wife and I made and they were our favorite vendor. You can tell that the genuinely care about you and that they want your wedding to be as perfect as you do. They capture every single detail perfectly. Their artistic approach to photography is phenomenal. Every time we look through our wedding pictures we feel like we are right back in that evening and every moment was captured. Nancy also captured our engagement and engagement session. Throughout this time we spent with Nancy and Omer we feel like we have gained friends. We will definitely be using them for any future photography needs that we have.