Hancer Photography Reviews

Hancer Photography 7
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Getting married on 06/20/2020

Talented, Organized, and an Inspiration for Newlyweds

I met Omer from Hancer Photography at a wedding expo in Greater Boston. I was immediately drawn to their booth by the breathtaking photos they had displayed. I quickly learned that Nancy and Omer have a beautiful love story themselves, running their business as a loving married couple. This was so inspiring and we immediately felt a connection to them and their background.

After a consultation with Nancy and my fiancé, we knew that Hancer Photography would be a perfect fit. Not only do they bring an excellent artistic talent with their work, but they also bring a level of professionalism and organization I have yet to see from any other vendor. As a bride, this put me at ease knowing I was in great hands with a photohrapher who is talented, but also knows the process through and through. Nancy has gone above and beyond her duties as a photographer by also taking on the role of trusted advisor and friend! She brings a wealth of wedding knowledge and a methodical approach which really compliments her artistic side. I have reached out to her multiple times for other wedding related advice and she was one of the first people I told when I found my dress!

So far my fiancé and I have had our engagement session with Nancy and the photos came out beautiful beyond our expectations. As a bonus, Nancy brought a lot of experience and provided a calming presence during our shoot.

We are ecstatic to be bringing both Nancy and Omer to our destination wedding in Montreal next year. I have already begun recommending them to all of my friends! I cannot say enough good things about the experience with them so far. Again, I see them as not only our wedding photographers, but also as friends, and most of all an inspiration for a beautiful marriage.

Sent on 07/22/2019
    Hancer Photography 13
  • Megan

Megan Beals · Getting married on 11/16/2019

Incredible

There are not enough kind that my fiancé and I can say about Nancy and Omer Hancer. They photographed my brothers wedding and we knew immediately that when our big day rolled around we HAD to have them. Our experience with them has been nothing but pleasant and easy. The day of our engagement photos was a very cold and windy day and Nancy stayed outside with us for about two and a half hours and you’d never know by looking at the photos that we were freezing! She made the experience so memorable and even threw in a complementary dance lesson! We cannot wait for them to capture our wedding day, we know the photos will be incredible.

Sent on 12/16/2018
    Hancer Photography 14
    Hancer Photography 15
  • Brooke

Brooke Beckman · Getting married on 11/09/2019

Exceeded our expectations

My fiancé and I had the pleasure of working with Nancy this past fall for our engagement pictures. We were tracking the weather all week and of course the date we were booked for was predicting a nor’easter! Nancy was so accommodating and quickly made arrangements so that she could shoot us the day before (which thankfully ended up being a beautiful autumn day). Nancy instantly made us feel comfortable (which was such a relief considering the unfamiliarity and awkwardness we had been feeling). We really didn’t know what to expect but her lightheartedness, professionalism and ability to make my Fiancé and I feel like it was just the two of us made it an unforgettable experience! She made sure we took complete advantage of the beautiful scenery we were surrounded by, giving us a variety of backdrops to choose from. She even brought a few props of her own to incorporate and we ended up loving the final product. She truly has a gift. The work she puts into not only capturing the perfect shot but also editing the final shot makes Hancer photography the total package. We are so excited to work with them on our wedding day!

Sent on 12/17/2018
    Hancer Photography 16
    Hancer Photography 17
    Hancer Photography 18
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing Experience

If you are still looking for a photographer, stop now. Hancer not only has unbelievable photos, but Omer and Nancy are both unbelievable people. Having them as my photographer was a high light of my wedding and I could not be happier with the pictures. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • O

Onur Tokel · Married on 04/13/2019

Truly the best possible photographers

These guys are simply wonderful! I feel lucky to have known them. They are very professional, do a perfect job, and as a bonus are very sweet, polite, and considerate. Do yourself a favor, and work with them. They have our highest ever recommendation.

Sent on 07/09/2019

Kelly · Married on 12/08/2018

We are so very happy we chose Hancer Photography to be a part of our special day. From the very first meeting Nancy was able to put my anxious bridal mind at ease. She was detailed, professional, and seemed like the perfect fit for our day. After our engagement session, I was even more convinced I had made the absolute best decision. Not only were the photos STUNNING, but Nancy really took the time and care to make sure we got the perfect shot. I can be a very anxious person and Nancy was so comforting which allowed me to truly relax and enjoy myself during this process. She is always encouraging you to get lost in the moment and forget she is there, making for some AWESOME photos. Nancy and Omer are so great at being there for all of my weird questions. Again, I am anxious, so that comes with a lot of questions. I am never quite sure what to expect, but they help me paint a complete picture while also easing my worry. I cannot wait until our big day because I am 100% confident are photos will be truly spectacular!

Sent on 01/11/2018
    Hancer Photography 19

Lori · Married on 09/29/2018

Everything we could have asked for and more!

When beginning to plan our wedding, We knew that one of the most important decisions was going to be the photographer. Making sure that we had the right people documenting this most amazing occasion was of the utmost importance. After looking at a few other options, a friend suggested Nancy and Omar. After our first appointment with Nancy there was no looking back. We knew that Hancer was going to be the only option for us.
    From the first meeting, to the engagement photos and finally the wedding photos, Hancer was so pleasant to work with. They captured all of the special moments from our wedding day with absolute grace and elegance. Every one of our photos tells a perfect story of that day, and I could not have asked for more. Every person who views the photos is in awe at how amazing they look.
    Nancy and Omar were also extremely accommodating when we requested to have our children involved in the process, as we were joining not only Dave and I with this marriage, but also our three children. They were extremely patient with all of us, and even went as far as allowing the children to help them take some of the photos! Nancy and Omar are not only wonderful photographers who can capture your day exactly as you want, but they are wonderful people who are an absolute joy to work with! Thank you both so much for the perfect lasting memories you have provided us !

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • Daniela

Daniela · Married on 09/22/2018

Beautiful Photographs I'll cherish forever

My husband and I got married last fall and we had the best experience with Hancer photography! Nancy and Omer were very professional, detail oriented, and professional throughout the planning process as well as the day of. I loved their artistic touch, which is why I was so excited to book them over a year in advance for our wedding. I really appreciated how they were flexible with picking a package that was right for us. Additionally, it was such a great experience feeling so comfortable around Nancy and Omer. To this day, my husband and I still smile about our photoshoot for our wedding day because we felt like models and were having so much fun with it! Nancy and Omer truly make you feel comfortable and feeling fabulous. I love that we have unique photo's of our wedding day and all the images that were captured - I wish we could do it all over again! I highly recommend going with Hancer photography, in addition to our wedding day photography, our package also included a BEAUTIFUL physical album. I really could go on and on about the wonderful experience that we had. I felt like Nancy and Omer were so prepared for the big day and all the planning made the process go very smooth and enjoyable. I cannot thank you both enough for the beautiful photo's I'll cherish forever :)

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Hancer Photography 27
    Hancer Photography 28
    Hancer Photography 29

Caitlin · Married on 08/18/2018

We just happened to find Hancer Photography while searching through photos on Facebook and are so happy we did! From the beginning Nancy has been very responsive taking the time to answer any questions we've had. We recently had our engagement photos taken by Nancy and they came out amazing! My fiancée and I were both nervous in the beginning, but Nancy immediately put us at ease. We are looking forward to working with Nancy and Omer for our wedding in August!

Sent on 02/10/2018

Ryan · Married on 08/18/2018

You Can Count on Hancer

Nancy and Omer were a pleasure to work with. They are extremely detailed oriented which was evident when Nancy took the time to speak with my wife a couple of days before the wedding answering any questions, making sure we had a timeline set and she knew exactly what specific pictures we wanted, instantly putting us at ease. We received so many compliments from our wedding party about how much they enjoyed working with Nancy and Omer. We have also received countless compliments on the photos themselves. It ended up raining on our wedding days, but nonetheless Nancy and Omer found the perfect backdrops for our pictures. Nancy and Omer took the time to set the little details and it shows in their photos. We enjoyed working with both Nancy and Omer and would recommend them without hesitation.

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 08/11/2018

Full Service Experience!

I can not give enough compliments to Nancy for the amazing service she provided my husband and I during our 2018 wedding. From the very beginning, as we were planning our engagement photo shoot, to the very last shots at the conclusion of our wedding, Nancy was attentive and professional.

Nancy really put an effort into getting to know who Duane and I were as a couple, and she made sure that our photos reflected us. She went above and beyond the call of duty providing input on issues outside of our photo shoots, to make sure our beautiful wedding day was a success. I highly recommend Hancer Photography for any special life moments you wish to capture.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Kristina Muscalino · Married on 08/04/2018

Lovely Wedding Photos!

We had such a lovely photo session with Nancy and Omer! They gave us so many tips for how to relax our faces, position our bodies, and emulate so that our love came across our photos.They took great care to maximize all possible photo opportunities in such beautiful and creative poses and locations. They truly took the time and care to make sure we had a thorough collection. Not only do we have photos that we will cherish for the rest of our lives, but also new skills to apply to our future family photos. Nancy and Omer are such kind, friendly, and organized professionals. We had such a fun time with them and were blown away by how much we accomplished during our session. They really did their homework ahead of time to learn our venue and select the best backdrops, as well as understand our own personal style and goals. You will truly have both a fantastic day of experience and beautiful memories from Nancy and Omer. We are thrilled with their work!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Ashley · Married on 07/28/2018

We cannot begin to express how great our experience was with Hancer photography. Working with Nancy and Omar was fantastic. They gave us everything we wished for and more. Getting to know Nancy during our engagement shoot was the perfect start. We used the engagement photos in our guest book as Nancy has suggested. She made us feel so comfortable, the photos clearly showed the love we share.

As for the wedding... words cannot really express how impressed we and our family and friends are. Everyone keeps saying, “they look like they are from a magazine!” Nancy asked me to provide a list of any specific shots we would want ahead of time and she got them all plus more! Nancy scouted our Newport ahead of time and suggested we reserve time to shoot at a Newport Mansion... her suggestion was just right. The backdrop which featured the historical Marble house allowed for so many dynamic photos.

Great direction! One thing that stood out to the whole wedding party was how well Nancy and Omar were at direction. They would push us to feel a “bit too close” promising great results. They were right. My friends loved all the shots we had together. There were almost none of the standard line up look forward and smile. Our photos are amazing! I have been in other weddings and has never had a photographer direct everyone how to move every part of their body... “bend your elbow a little, a little more... ok tilt your head..” they details showed!
    Two expert photographers made this package unmatched! I did not come across any other opportunity that offered two principal photographers. I have been in weddings that had an assistant who took some shots, but this cannot compare. As I walked down the isle, Nancy took shots from the choir balcony while Omar was at the end of the isle watching my husband’s reaction as well as mine. Plus, the price of the package includes 9 hours, which is at least one more hour beyond the normal for other photographers.

Sent on 10/06/2018
    Hancer Photography 37
    Hancer Photography 38
    Hancer Photography 39

Thu · Married on 07/21/2018

What more can we say about Nancy that hasn’t already been said? Simply put, her work is incredible. We had the pleasure of working with her for our engagement photoshoot and we don’t know what it is, but her magic behind the camera transforms photos into works of art. Not only does her talent shine through her work, she is legitimately genuine, kind, and has such a calming demeanor that instantly makes you feel at ease so you don’t feel awkward if it’s your first time being professionally photographed. Her guidance on the day of the shoot was spot on; the pictures captured all the moments we exactly wanted and we couldn’t be more happy with the way our pictures came out! We thought finding the right people to capture our special day would be an ordeal, but Hancer Photography has thus far made the entire process almost effortless. We can’t wait to work with Nancy again on our wedding day!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Allison · Married on 07/01/2018

Nancy and Omer are amazing. From taking the time to answer all of our questions when we were selecting a photographer, to spending 3+ hours during our first consultation to discuss every step and wedding detail, to indulging us in two engagement shoots, we couldn't be happier. Hancer photography's photos are truly unique and capture moments in a way we have never seen before. Of all our wedding vendors, Nancy and Omer have truly been outstanding and they have a way of making you feel like you are the only client they are working with! From the personal notes, kind tips on how to look your best in your photos, to general wedding advice, we couldn't be more pleased. Now we just can't wait to share our wedding day with them!!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Erica · Married on 06/23/2018

In looking for a wedding photographer, we hoped to find someone who could capture all the beautiful, spontaneous moments throughout our day. Nancy and Omer exceeded our expectations and working with them was such a pleasure!

From the beginning, our phone calls with Nancy were so reassuring. She helped us think through and plan all the details, even the things we had not considered. Planning a wedding can be stressful, and Nancy gave us confidence in their abilities, and the knowledge that we were working with absolute experts!

Nancy and Omer are incredible artists and are so encouraging. Both my husband and I aren’t naturally comfortable in front of the camera. They both put us at ease and helped us feel confident. Their calm presence was so great to have on our wedding day. They made sure we didn’t miss any special moments worth photographing, and it never took away from our ability to enjoy the day.

They are artists who have a genuine passion for what they do and it is so evident in their work. From beautifully posed photos, to spontaneous laughter and smiles on the dance floor, they captured it all. Friends and family have told us repeatedly how wonderful the photos are. Thanks to Hancer Photography, we can relive our wedding day memories over and over again!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Jenna · Married on 06/16/2018

Nancy and Omer were a perfect fit in our amazing day! My wife and I felt so comfortable with both of them from our engagement photos to our whole wedding day. To start, they were on time, proactive, had a plan in place for the entire day (Over 9 hours). We took photos before the first look in different houses so they were able to build a timeline with us that was executed flawlessly. There was no stress leading up to ceremony time! Nancy was always quick on replying to our many questions and concerns and was always able to find a solution. They fit in seamlessly with our personalities, families and friends. I would say by far the best vendor we picked and would recommend them to anyone looking for caring, creative, kind people to be with you on the most special day.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Meaghan · Married on 06/09/2018

Excellent photographers

Nancy and Omer are simply amazing photographers! Everyone is still commenting on how great our wedding photos came out. You don’t get the standard cookie cutter photos with the hancers; they are very creative and truly skilled. They really know how to get the best shots. I would never hesitate to hire them again. Our wedding events were running a little behind and they even agreed to stay so that we could get all of the photos we wanted (even though they had already travelled a distance to Newport, RI).

Sent on 10/26/2018
    Hancer Photography 40
    Hancer Photography 41
    Hancer Photography 42
    Hancer Photography 43
    Hancer Photography 44
    Hancer Photography 45

Heather · Married on 05/27/2018

Hancer Photography did an amazing job capturing our engagement session and wedding day. Both Nancy and Omer were a delight to work with, they were so friendly, flexible, and responsive!
    We met Nancy in Boston for our engagement photo shoot. It was our first time having professional photographs taken so we had a few jitters, but her down-to-earth and easy-going demeanor put us at ease. Nancy gave us direction and guidance when needed but also let us be us during the session. We felt so much more relaxed and comfortable as we were able to immerse ourselves with our surroundings. The photos really conveyed this well and came out wonderfully!
    Both Nancy and Omer did a brilliant job photographing our wedding day. We had a few hiccups along the way (a last minute location change and some inclement weather) but Nancy and Omer accommodated us completely. They were able to make best of the situation and captured an array of beautiful shots that were absolutely stunning! We’re thrilled with how the photos turned out and can’t wait for the entire collection to come together!
    It was an absolute joy to work with both Nancy and Omer. Their photos speak volumes to their immense talent and passion for their craft. We can’t thank them enough for capturing our most cherished memories on our special day!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Silvana · Married on 05/26/2018

Wouldn't have had it any other way !

I spoke with multiple photographers before my scheduled consultation with Nancy from Hancer Photography. Once I spoke with Nancy, I was sold. Our conversation was 11 months before my wedding, and throughout our call she asked me dozens of questions about my timeline and my vision for the day. Although I had not yet planned many of these elements at such an early stage, her prompt professionalism made me feel at ease and she helped me get my thoughts for the day moving. Between Nancy’s calm, professional demeaner, their incredible photo portfolio, and their reasonable price, I happily hired Hancer Photography for my wedding day on May 26, 2018.

The months leading up to the wedding, Nancy was my rock. She scheduled meetings with me in order to make sure we had our timeline to ensure that no shots were missed on the day. As someone who has never gotten married before, I was definitely confused about what to do regarding certain elements in the timeline. Nancy took much more time than we scheduled to speak with me and help me through every single step. She never treated me as though it was a burden, although I knew she had a very busy schedule. She was so nice and genuine over the phone, and helped ease my wedding jitters leading up to the day.

When she arrived to my house on my wedding day, she was just as wonderful in person. She moved around gracefully taking pictures as I was getting ready in my jam-packed house filled with Italian relatives and 8 bridesmaids without being invasive at all. She got all the right shots and helped keep me on track with time, while completing the long list of photos at my house before leaving for the church. Her husband, Omer, was at my fiancé’s house taking photos and he went to the church early to set up/take some photos of the church.

By the time the day came, we were so organized with photo lists and the timeline, that everything was down to a science. I did not feel stressed at all when it came to our photo coverage. Nancy and Omer were so nice and work amazingly together; they also worked very well with a videographer that I booked at the last minute, someone they never worked with before.

One of my favorite parts of working with them was their creativity and guidance with photos. They communicated very clearly things we could do or move in order to land a perfect shot. I’m not a fan of staged photos and they helped us create beautiful candid photos, that looked GREAT! We were comfortable letting them put their creativity to work, and it was so fun bouncing ideas off each other regarding certain spots to take photos near the venue (rocks, shipyard, etc.).

When the photos came, they were amazing. Such great quality and truly depicted the feelings and emotions for the day. I’m so incredibly happy that I will have these photos for life- especially those emotional, beautiful pictures with loved ones who are sick, etc. They promptly sent us our pictures on a flash drive, and there were hundreds of amazing quality photos.

I’m looking forward to working with Nancy and Omer in the future, as our family grows : ) I couldn’t imagine working with anyone else for our wedding. I’m so happy I found them. If you don’t work with them too, you’re seriously missing out!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Christine · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband and I selected to have Nancy and Omar photograph our wedding day and it was hands down the best decision we made. The duo went above and beyond to accommodate our needs (and our giant bridal party). From continuous communication through out the year of planning to phone sessions where we were able to discuss in detail the entire event from start to finish so that we were all on the same page. I really appreciated the time spent on us as a couple. We were given many opportunities to discuss exactly what we wanted but also the things we might need to have prepared in the event things didn't go as planned. Not only that, but Nancy was extremely kind and thoughtful -- she sent us hand written cards leading up to the wedding filled with kind words and advice which helped ease the nerves of such a huge step in our lives. Their experience, knowledge and overall demeanor helped us to trust their professional opinion without question. Nancy was patient and organized and Omar was spectacular - he made us feel 100% comfortable being in front of the camera. The two made us feel like the most important people in the world from start to finish! In addition, they work so well together and they made sure to involve us every step of the way that day when things seemed to get off track. They kept the communication open so that we were always aware of everything that was going on. I can't stress enough how much they went above and beyond to provide us with exactly what we asked for and get the shots we really wanted!

Not only was our experience wonderful but the results were too! They gave us sneak peaks of our photos not even 2 days after the wedding! We received all of our images within a months time and we just received our personalized wedding album! Everything completely surpassed our hopes and dreams - they are so talented and everything was breathtaking. We could not be more thankful! We hope to continue working with them for future milestones :)

Sent on 07/25/2018

Shawn · Married on 02/17/2018

My wife and I stumbled across Hancer Photography in what seemed like a never-ending search for the perfect photographer. We are so grateful for this as we could not imagine going through our wedding day without the calming presence of Nancy. During both our engagement session and throughout our wedding day Nancy was there to keep us calm and grounded... all while making some amazing photographs and documenting our day in a way we could not have even imagined. The photographs from our wedding are a constant reminder of just how special that day was, and they were so beautifully done. We recommend Hancer Photography without reservation. Nancy is a truly amazing photographer.

Sent on 08/31/2018

Tim · Married on 12/30/2017

We are so happy we chose Hancer Photography to be a part of our wedding day. Nancy was right by our side during every step of the planning process, from our engagement shoot until the big day. She made sure all of our questions were answered and that she knew exactly what moments we wanted her to capture.

My wife and I got married in Copley Square when it was 15 degrees. Nancy and Omer were so mindful that we wanted very particular outside shots and were able to capture everything that we wanted while also giving us breaks to warm up indoors. There attention to detail and instruction was so helpful in setting up our poses for specific shots. They are extremely professional while also adding in their own creativity into the poses. We received sneak peak photos the day after our wedding and they are absolutely amazing. We cannot recommend Hancer Photography enough!!

-Tim and Caitlyn

Sent on 01/08/2018

caitlyn · Married on 12/30/2017

Nancy is a pleasure to work with. She is very professional and the final product of our engagement photos in East Boston came out beautiful. Such a variety of shots that highlighted exactly what we wanted. We can't wait for the wedding!

Sent on 09/14/2017
  • User6839720 · 1+ year ago

Nancy and Omer were a dream to work with! My husband and I couldn't stop raving about how happy we were that we chose them to capture our wedding day. The two of us are not usually very comfortable being photographed, but Nancy and Omer made us feel so much at ease throughout the day and evening. When we saw the final photos, (which came back very quickly, in my opinion), we were so thrilled! They captured so many special moments in such beautiful ways. I would recommend them a thousand times over! Thank you, Nancy and Omer!

Sent on 01/16/2018