Hanami Cake Design Reviews

Hanami Cake Design 4
Hanami Cake Design 5
  • Devon

Devon Dickey · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing cake and great service

Martha from Hanami Cake Design did an absolutely PERFECT job on our wedding cake. She was very approachable, and very open to all of our ideas. She gave great suggestions to help guide us on the final design and flavors of our cake, while always respecting any choice we made. The tasting was such a good day - you cannot go wrong with any flavor. We went with an almond cake, but definitely recommend the chocolate wine flavor as well (it's a chocolate lover's dream). The final cake looked exactly like the sketch she made, and her sugar flowers are extremely impressive! Everyone who tried it has said it is one of the best cakes they've had. I already told Martha to expect us in a year for our anniversary cake - and maybe we'll get something before then too!

Hanami Cake Design 6
    Sent on 09/28/2019

Hanami Cake Design's reply:

Congratulations again, Devon and Sean! Thank you so much for sharing that photo; it's PERFECT! :D

You two were so much fun to create for and I loved every step of the journey with you! Thank you so much for choosing me to be a part of your special day and I can't wait to bake for you again next year! :D
  • Emily

Emily Savioo · Married on 06/10/2019

Wedding and Birthday Cake

I want to give a Special Thank you to Hanami Cake Design who made my Wedding Cake and my Mother's 60th birthday Cake both were splendid and so delicious. She is very talented and very easy to communicate. A big Thank you

Sent on 10/17/2019

Hanami Cake Design's reply:

Congratulations again, Emilie! I was so honored to be chosen and trusted by you--untasted and from afar!-- to make these two special cakes for you and I'm so happy to hear that you and your guests enjoyed them! Thank you again and I hope to bake for you again!

Erin Creagan · Married on 03/17/2019

Professional

Excellent service, high quality product.

Sent on 03/27/2019

Hanami Cake Design's reply:

Thank you so much, Erin! It was a joy baking for your wedding; congratulations again! I look forward to baking again for you!

Melinda Martin · Married on 07/27/2018

We loved our experience with Martha, the cupcakes and whoppie pies were delicious! We also did some gluten-free and dairy free items that were just as tasty. She is prompt and very professional. And her prices are very reasonable.

Sent on 08/05/2019

Hanami Cake Design's reply:

Thank you so much, Melinda! I had such fun working with you on coming up with the perfect menu for the wedding! It was an absolute honor to bake for you and I look forward to baking for you again in the future!
  • Ingrid

Ingrid Seggerman · Married on 09/07/2019

Martha Elk of Hanami Cake Design is a cake genius!

If you are looking for a beautiful, unique, delicious SHOWSTOPPING wedding cake in Portland/midcoast Maine, look no further than Martha Elk of Hanami Cake Design. Martha was a joy to work with throughout the entire process, from our initial tasting to our wedding day. Martha made us not one, not two, but THREE gorgeous vegan cakes for our wedding weekend (which also encompassed multiple family birthdays - hence the two additional cakes), as well as gluten free, vegan cupcakes. Martha was the only cake vendor we found who met our top two criteria: (1) someone who could make us a vegan cake in an array of flavors without limitations (many vendors told us they could only make a plain vanilla or chocolate vegan cake), and (2) someone who was responsive, organized, and professional. We feel so lucky that in addition to meeting those requirements, Martha makes the most delicious vegan desserts we've ever tasted, and she is an absolute artist. Not to be biased, but I have never seen a more beautiful wedding cake than the one Martha created for us. She worked with us very closely to come up with a unique design that incorporated our wedding colors, multiple "on-trend" elements, and encompassed three flavors of vegan cake. She even found an elegant and creative way to incorporate our favorite hobby - rock climbing - by adding two mini gold leaf-covered rock climbers to the cake's prominent geode feature. Our guests absolutely loved it! Her cakes are a bit pricey, but worth every penny. Martha is a cake genius and I highly recommend hiring her for wedding cakes and any other special occasion!

Hanami Cake Design 7
    Hanami Cake Design 8
    Hanami Cake Design 9
    Hanami Cake Design 10
    Hanami Cake Design 11
    Sent on 10/16/2019

Hanami Cake Design's reply:

Thank you SO much, Ingrid! Oh my gosh, those photos are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing them! :D

You were also an absolute joy to work with and I loved all of the ideas and designs and flavors that you two wanted! It was so much fun to have such creative cakes and they were such a pleasure for me to create for you and your family!

Congrats again and I hope to get the chance to bake for you all again!