110 Reviews for Hampshire House

Flatware (2)
Glassware (2)
Parking (2)
Wheelchair Access (2)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
House Beer (1)
Liquor License (1)
Premium Liquor (1)
House Liquor (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Dance Floor (1)
110 Hampshire House Reviews

Amazing venue with an amazing an attentive staff.
We couldn't have been happier ....and I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Brian, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Michele Giacomozzi and Karim and their team are the absolute best at what they do. We could not be more pleased, Hampshire House will be our recommendation to all other couples, going forward.

Profile Picture Amir, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We were looking for a venue that would show off Boston to our friends and family, and we knew that we found that as soon as we walked into the Hampshire House. The venue was stunning, and the staff was incredibly helpful every step of the way. This venue offers a lot of options, and they were very accommodating with our budget. They have multiple packages and also a la carte options to help customize the event. The food was also phenomenal. Not that we weren't expecting great food, but they went above and beyond our expectations. There are also a lot of options for food that let us be creative with our choices and choose items that were special to us. Our wedding coordinator, Cecile, helped us through every step and never minded when we had a question. We could not have been happier with our choice.

Profile Picture S, 6/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently got married at the Hampshire House. The venue was charming, the food was delicious, and the service was excellent. If you are looking to have have an elegant, intimate wedding right in the city, this is the perfect place to do it!

Profile Picture S, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Hampshire House is the quintessential wedding venue. The event coordinators are very detailed oriented to make sure that your wedding day is a special as you imagine. The food is amazing and presented beautifully; from the hors d'oeuvre to entrée. Our wedding cake was scrumptious and almost to pretty to eat! The wait staff are professional and attentive. We are grateful to Megan, Amanda and Karim for making our wedding reception a beautiful memory to last a lifetime. We except to return to the Hampshire House in years to come to celebrate momentous events with our family.
Mr. and Mrs. Richard Belmore

Profile Picture Robin, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Anyone thinking about or unsure about where to have their venue look no further Hampshire House is the most elegant, most professional,
and most desirable place to begin your married life together with you and your family. My husband and I came from Rhode Island and
picked this venue it has it all ~place for remarkable pictures in side the building, across the street is the Boston Commoms, menu is top notch, and most of all no where else has Amanda, she is the reason my wedding was so beautiful and for us just PERFECT!!!!!!! Thank you Amanda and the staff at the Hampshire House

Profile Picture maria , 4/22/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Planning a wedding in Boston from Florida proved to be quite the challenge! I thought I would never be able to make it work planning so far away - however, once I found the Hampshire House I finally started to enjoy the wedding planning process. That is 100% thanks to Michele and her staff at the Hampshire House.

A gorgeous venue, incredible service and a staff to match- this place is the whole package! Not to mention the incredible response time. Any time I had the smallest question about a minor detail, I heard back right away from Michele.

Fast forward to the day of the wedding, Michele made sure that EVERYTHING ran smoothly. It really felt like she was as invested in my wedding as I was and if there were any problems, I certainly didn't know about them. We had our ceremony and reception for 60 people in the library, with cocktail hour on the third floor- and the room setup was gorgeous.

Honestly, I can't say enough good things about Hampshire House, they just got everything so right. Thank you for making our wedding so wonderful!

Profile Picture Annie, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I HIGHLY recommend the Hampshire House for a wedding! We are deeply impressed, and forever grateful for the exceptional experience they gave us. With the beautiful fireplaces, grand chandeliers, and ornate wood work, the rooms need no decorating… VERY different than a hotel ballroom. This place has personality, and an old world, regal air about it that is so unique. Our wedding was 1 month ago, and our guests are still talking about it…ESPECIALLY the food! Everything was cooked to perfection (I cut the beef tenderloin with a butter knife!!!). The wedding packages they offer include the food, cake, taxes, tip, etc., so it crossed 3 things off my to do list. I recommend the library room for a great party. After dinner, the staff opened the doors to the bar which created a great flow from room to room, and we danced all night long! lastly, I would be remiss not to mention the AMAZING wedding coordinator at the Hampshire House, Amanda. We originally planned a wedding at another venue, but decided to move it up 4 months. Usually, moving your wedding up that much can be very stressful, but Amanda made it easy, and enjoyable. Every email and phone call was responded to promptly, and every time I wanted to come back and see the venue, she was extremely accommodating and gracious. And on my wedding day (as if she didn’t already do an amazing job) when my bridal party and I were late, and my fiancé was due to show up in 5 minutes, Amanda calmly took me and my maid of honor, and sprinted down the streets of Boston to the back entrance so my fiancé wouldn’t see me before the wedding. She then proceeded to send up a bottle of wine, and a plate of hors d’oervres to the bridal suite. If that’s not service I don’t know what is. That was just the icing on the cake of what turned out to be a truly magical night. My husband and I both agree, if we had to go back and do it all over again, we wouldn’t change a thing. Thank you so much Hampshire House!

Profile Picture Kristin, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Just got married at Hampshire House on the 25th of March and I couldn't be more pleased with my experience. My husband and I got the Brahmin Brunch Buffet wedding package and we were both blown away by not only the quality of the food and service but by how incredibly simple the whole process was. There honestly wasn't a single request that they couldn't accommodate: can we have two (obnoxiously elaborate) signature drinks named after our two dogs? Done. Can we still have personalized menu cards included even though we are having a buffet? No problem. Can you please ignore my last three emails about the silly wedding favors and just go back to my original plan? Of course! Amanda Henderson is the epitome of professionalism and poise; there is nothing she hasn't seen and nothing she can't handle. To be honest, the service and food could have been terrible and I'd still give this place a high rating because it is just drop-dead gorgeous. It's like getting married in a piece of Boston history. Simply put, you cannot get a more posh venue for your intimate wedding than Hampshire House; it simply shines with old world elegance and timeless prestige. Your guests will be blown away the moment they walk in. (Pro Tip: Too cold to take pictures in the park? No worries, the back spiral staircase has mesmerizing light and my photos came out INCREDIBLE) Consider booking an "off-season" daytime wedding on a Sunday to see the most value for your money (Before you scoff....Hampshire House is in the heart of downtown Boston proper so none of my guests needed to pay for valet since all parking is free on Sundays in Boston. Try getting a ceremony to start on time on a Saturday in the city without shelling out the extra fee for more valet attendants or having people leave to feed parking meters/move their cars...not gonna happen) You will not find a classier intimate venue in Boston at this price. Legitimately no complaints at all with my experience

Profile Picture Kristina, 3/25/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Valet, Wheelchair Access

The Hampshire House is the best place to have a beautiful Boston wedding. The rooms overlook the Public Gardens and are so elegant in every season.
Michele G. handled every detail of our wedding and made it such an easy and wonderful experience. She is an an amazing wedding and event planner, detail orientated, and a pleasure to work with. She thinks of everything and on the wedding day itself - everything went seamlessly, just perfect!
The entire staff was amazing, friendly and kind. The menu selections are amazing and you can really create your own unique dinner - guests will love being able to choose their own entree!
The food was so delicious and guests loved it!
If you want the perfect "Boston" wedding, call Michele G. at the Hampshire House!

Profile Picture Gina , 2/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had an amazing experience at Hampshire House from start to finish! It is truly a one-of-a-kind place and we had an unforgettable winter wedding. Thanks to Cecile and team for their hard work and dedication. I highly recommend Hampshire House to anyone for any event - they are incredible!

Profile Picture Natalie, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Best experience we have had! The Hampshire House is a first class venue with phenomenal service and staff. Amanda made our day more amazing than we could have imagined.

Profile Picture Jill and Joe, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We are so thrilled that we chose to have our wedding dinner at the Hampshire House! Not only was it a beautiful and convenient location in downtown Boston, but the entire staff - from Michele who met with us multiple times to create a perfect dinner setting that was unique to us - to the dinner staff who were so professional and on the ball - were fantastic! It felt like we were having a meal at home - and the food was delicious! I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Mike, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would definitely recommend Hampshire House to anyone looking for an elegant, intimate setting for their wedding. We had a total of 10 guests (including the bride and groom!) and used the Thayer Room for our day time ceremony and reception. The space did not feel oversized for our small gathering, and the views of the Boston Public Gardens were stunning. The rooms look even more beautiful in person, and we were able to light the fireplace for the event despite it being July! The food, cake, and service were amazing. The location was great for taking photos at Boston Public Gardens and nearby Acorn Street. I had such a fun day! 10/10 would get married here again (to the same person, wink wink)

Profile Picture Rebecca, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Chairs, Tables, Indoor, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Valet, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We could not have been happier with our wedding reception at the Hampshire House. The venue itself is gorgeous, with an impressive entry stairway (great for photos!), plenty of space to gather by the bar, sumptuous wood paneling in the “library” area (with windows overlooking the Public Garden) and beautiful details that suggest the lost elegance of a time gone by. As you ascend the stairs, you almost feel as if you are transported back in time, attending a 19th century soiree in a Back Bay/Beacon Hill salon. The location definitely helps this vibe – the Hampshire House, right above the landmark “Cheers” bar on Beacon Hill, is located in the heart of Boston and is everything you’d expect. Perhaps more impressive than the location or the atmosphere, and in my mind even more important, was the top notch staff. Amanda and her team are second to none. The teams’ responsiveness & professionalism during the planning stage, their ability to execute timing of all portions of the reception (while maintaining the flexibility necessary to accommodate last-minute wedding day issues that ALWAYS arise) was spot-on, and competence of the wait-staff greatly impressed us. Last but not lease – THE FOOD. Since our wedding, the guests have been raving about the venue in general but specifically the menu, which was, some of the best food we have ever had. It seemed like specifically the steak and other beef-based dishes received rave reviews, as well as sea-food oriented options (one appetizer included a lobster roll - perfect for Boston in the summertime!). All up, we could not have asked for a better venue and would wholeheartedly recommend the Hampshire House to anyone.

Profile Picture Rebeca , 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely book them. This is an amazing team; they take care of everything, which allowed me and my bride to enjoy our event, and they were perfectly able to accommodate any changes we wanted to make to their package. I can't recommend Hampshire House highly enough.

Profile Picture Dylan, 4/29/17, 1 Review

highly recommend Hampshire House

Profile Picture Yilu, 4/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We loved our wedding here! Everyone keeps telling me that the food was amazing and the rooms were beautiful. We had around 80 people and the size was perfect. Don't forget to order the doughnut bar, people loved it!!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely gorgeous venue, wonderful communication while planning the wedding (and we were planning the wedding via a phone and e-mail from a foreign country!) and during the event (including calling to find one of our outside vendors who was running late). The HH was also so gracious in their accommodating our guests with allergies and physical challenges. The service during the luncheon was spectacular too. We would recommend the Hampshire House to anyone looking to have a more intimate affair in this classic Boston venue.

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/25/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was the absolute perfect choice for our small, intimate wedding! We worked with Michele who was incredibly helpful and a great resource. The rest of the staff was great, the food was delicious, and the venue (and the view!) are beautiful. We highly recommend the Hampshire House!!

Profile Picture Aksheya, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

They were absolutely perfect.

Profile Picture User7224228, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Hampshire House was a beautiful venue for a wedding. We had a party of around 100 people, and the place was stunning. I can highly recommend it. The interior is exquisite, the food was excellent, and the staff were really easy to work with. Plus, it's centrally located and easy to get to, and you can do wedding photos in the public gardens. To cap it all off, Hampshire House was significantly cheaper than other places in the area that we looked, particularly for a day wedding.

Profile Picture Jolyon, 5/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Linens, Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

Just married a week ago: We had a wonderful experience working with Amanda and Sally at Hampshire House for our wedding reception. Their conscientiousness made for an easy working relationship; planning and executing the wedding was seamless. Everything flowed like clockwork. Plus, the space is beautiful and was absolutely perfect for our intimate wedding. And the guests loved the food! That never happens at weddings! We strongly recommend them.

Profile Picture User4483063, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Indoor, Cake, Event Planning, Linens, Chairs, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

We are so happy that we chose Hampshire House as our ceremony and reception venue!!! Their service is professional and phenomenal. The food is excellent, and the decor is classic. All our guests were very impressed and happy. Michele was our wedding venue coordinator. She provided tremendous help and advice during our planning! Without her, everything couldn't have come together so nicely on our wedding day!

Profile Picture Cami, 2/21/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Valet, Chairs, Tables, Indoor, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Linens