Hamilton Photography Reviews

Hamilton Photography 6
Hamilton Photography 7

Samantha Retter · Married on 07/27/2019

Wonderful!

I HIGHLY recommend Hamilton Photography, especially if you’re getting married at the USNA. My husband and I live in CA, we relied heavily on reviews when picking a photographer and I am so thankful we found Hamilton Photography. We had the pleasure of working with both Mark and Christina on our wedding day. They were true professionals! They kept everyone on schedule and took absolutely stunning photos!!!

Sent on 10/01/2019
    Hamilton Photography 12
    Hamilton Photography 13
  • Katharine

Katharine Gausseres · Married on 06/22/2019

Loved working with Christina!

Christina Hamilton and her team were so great to work with! We did both our engagement and wedding photos with Christina and were so happy with how they turned out. I believe Christina told us it would take about 6-8 weeks for us to receive photos, however both times we received our photos electronically within 2 weeks!! Christina helped us feel comfortable behind the camera and always worked quickly and professionally while never making us feel rushed.

Not only did the photos turn out beautiful, but Christina was great with communication throughout the entire wedding planning process. She always responded very quickly; she was our best vendor in terms of response time. Because of her experience and timely responses, we ended up asking her input for questions that weren’t necessarily photography related. We really appreciated her help on everything throughout the planning process, and would defiantly recommend Christina and her team!

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Jon

Jon Ledbetter · Married on 05/25/2019

Professional and Inconspicuous

Great experience. Got all the shots we wanted and then some. If he saw some one posing for a cell phone pic from a relative he was right there to get an "official" one. Everyone was very happy with all the pictures

Sent on 07/02/2019

James · Married on 05/04/2019

Fun, Easy, and Timely

Mark and the team at Hamilton Photography were absolutely amazing to work with. Choosing a photographer can be a tough process, but my wife and I instantly knew working with Hamilton would put all of our worries to the side. From the initial meeting, to the engagement shoot, and the big day, Mark and his staff were a pleasure to work with. They have such a creative eye and know how to capture every moment, without being in your face. They know what questions to ask, where to be at what moment, and how to maximize your time with them. Best of all, none of our pictures felt forced. Their timeliness in getting photos back to us was also incredible. We expected to take at least a month before we would see all of our pictures, but in just a few short weeks they had them uploaded and sent to us. Our friends and family are jealous of our pictures! We are happy that we went outside of our budget a little bit and "splurged" for Hamilton Photography. We would highly recommend Mark and his team to anyone looking for a photographer in the Maryland area.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • O

Olivia Mcquade · Married on 03/16/2019

Excellent work, fun presence

The photos came out great which is the most important thing. The next most important thing, to me at least, was that the photographers' presence the day of the wedding was fun and not overbearing in any way. Mark Hamilton and his assistant went along with our preferences the day of and did a great job of gathering people in a timely manner for photos without being too aggressive. We have great photos of the day but did not feel as if the whole day was about taking pictures- which is exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend Hamilton photography to anyone, especially if they are getting married at the Naval Academy, as they have a lot of experience with the chapel and the officer's club. We had a great experience.

Sent on 04/01/2019
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 03/09/2019

Stunning Photos! Fantastic to work with!

Mark & Christina were a joy to work with. Choosing them as our photographers for our engagement and wedding photos was the best decision we made. They made the whole process enjoyable, natural, and fun!! The photos came out beautiful!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Emily · Married on 09/08/2018

I used Hamilton Photography for my recent wedding and it was the best decision that I could have made! Christina went above and beyond to make sure that all the details of our day were captured. I was a bit discouraged due to the weather that day and wasn't sure how our pictures would turn out, but I couldn't have been more thrilled with the results. The pictures are beautiful and really capture our joy from the day. Christina and her assistant did a great job of giving us some direction to ensure we got great photos, but they also gave us space to act naturally and captured candid photos of us enjoying our wedding. They did a great job of getting our pictures very quickly after the wedding and were extremely responsive. We have had such a good time reliving our wedding day through our pictures! I highly recommend Hamilton Photography, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Kaitlin · Married on 08/18/2018

My husband and I found Hamilton Photography while attending the Wedding Savvy Summit this past January, and right off the bat we knew that we found our perfect wedding photographer. We worked with Christina for our engagement session, as well as on our wedding day. Communication was flawless from the get go, she was so easy to work with, and even rescheduled our engagement session in order to accommodate our desire for a bit warmer weather. My husband and I are by no means experienced in taking professional pictures, but Christina made everything feel so natural and fun! On our wedding day Christina, and our second shooter, kept everything organized and running smoothly, were so kind and considerate, and were an instrumental part of our day being as lovely as it was. Our photos came back to us earlier than expected and were so beautiful, so touching, and will be cherished forever. We can't say enough about the way Hamilton Photography is not only able to capture exceptional images, but give you an entire experience that is nothing short of phenomenal. Although they shoot several weddings a year, they truly make you feel so important and special throughout the entire process. Thank you, Christina, for being the perfect person to capture our day!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Becky · Married on 08/11/2018

This review is long overdue! Christina and her crew were amazing for our Annapolis wedding in the beginning of August. She was so helpful with all the planning and asking the hard family dynamic questions that I would have never thought of. Her knowledge of the venue was also so helpful especially since we were planning for out of town. The online portal made everything so easy and we were able to see our proofs so soon after the wedding. The best was getting our thumbdrive about 1 month later. The team did an amazing job with the editing, we were all sweating so much on that hot August day and we all look perfect in the photos. So happy with everything!!

Sent on 09/27/2018

John · Married on 08/07/2018

Great service and communication and the photographs are beautiful! We were all very pleased and highly recommend!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Emily · Married on 07/07/2018

I can not say enough good things about Hamilton Photography. They captured our wedding day perfectly. We did not have a videographer and after seeing our wedding pictures I am glad we did not hire one because Hamilton photography captured every moment. They even helped save the day when my dress almost ripped. They are prompt and months out we had a timeline set. My planner was able to work with them easily. If you want the best wedding pictures and pictures that will capture your day book Hamilton Photography!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Kate · Married on 06/30/2018

So so so happy we chose Hamilton Photography for our wedding. When looking at venues, we asked each place for vendor recommendations, and since literally every place recommended Hamilton, we decided to check them out. From the initial meeting, I felt very comfortable with Mark and his style of photography. Our engagement session was great, and he was able to shoot in a variety of Annapolis locations in a short amount of time (I really appreciate how quickly Mark takes pictures!). For our wedding, Mark and Sean (second photographer) did an absolutely amazing job. Both my parents and my husband's parents are divorced and remarried, so there were a lot of family dynamics/combinations to deal with. Mark and Sean handled it all patiently, quickly, and professionally. They managed to capture every part of the day, and I never felt like they were intrusive or that I had a camera in my face. They just made us feel comfortable, and as a result we got pictures that don't feel posed or stiff. Two days after the wedding we got a sneak peek of 5 pictures, and then just 7 days after that, we got to see all 900 of our pictures in an online gallery. They are incredible and worth every penny. I would not hesitate to hire Hamilton Photography again!!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Kristen · Married on 06/23/2018

Working with Hamilton Photography was an absolute pleasure!! I highly recommend!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Gerri · Married on 04/28/2018

I haven't stopped looking through our wedding photos since we received them. Mark was so easy to work with and handled our event professionally. I didn't notice him during the wedding, but every moment was captured and whenever I did want a photo, I turned around and he was there. Hamilton Photography will create absolutely beautiful memories of your wedding!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Katelyn · Married on 04/28/2018

When we started planning our wedding we knew that our pictures were one of the most important things to us. It would be our way of capturing the memories that we would cherish forever. We cannot thank Hamilton Photography enough for helping us to do just that! We had our ceremony at the USNA Chapel and our reception at the Paca House and Garden. Christina and her team are very experienced with these venues. They gave us great direction and created amazing shots. We are in love our wedding pictures!

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Hamilton Photography 14
    Hamilton Photography 15
    Hamilton Photography 16
    Hamilton Photography 17
    Hamilton Photography 18

Courtney · Married on 11/04/2017

I loved working with Mark and his team. I had a rough start to my wedding day, my hair and make up artists (creative images in Annapolis MD) didn't show up.... my amazing bridesmaids came together and we all help each other get ready but I was really worried it would show in the photos... well the photos are the all the proof you need to see the exceptional quality of the Hamilton photographers!

Sent on 12/23/2017
    Hamilton Photography 19
    Hamilton Photography 20
    Hamilton Photography 21

Stephen · Married on 09/23/2017

My wife and I were blown away by the work that Christina and her team did in capturing our special day. They were so easy to communicate with during the entire day and were the epitome of professionalism yet so laid back and fun. We had our wedding in Annapolis and arrived to the reception by sailboat; Christina didn’t miss a beat in climbing around the boat on a hot day and making sure that the lighting and background were perfect. The creativity and determination to get the perfect shot from beginning to end was very apparent in the final product. Christina and her team captured all of our favorite and memorable moments from the beginning of the day to the end of the night.

We have our 800+ photos of both us and all of our loved ones having an amazing time. We're forever thankful for the memories that they preserved for us!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Michelle · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I were absolutely thrilled with Christina and her team's finished product, but the overall process was streamlined and organized - critically important to us since we were planning from the West Coast. We received excellent communication, direction, advice, and feedback from them. We loved that they know the Naval Academy inside and out and have tons of experience there, so we were completely happy with their work. Definitely choose Hamilton Photography- they were amazing. - Shelley and Joe Puishys

Sent on 10/15/2017
    Hamilton Photography 22
    Hamilton Photography 23
    Hamilton Photography 24
    Hamilton Photography 25

Kelsey · Married on 06/17/2017

We absolutely loved working with Christina. She wa so helpful throughout the entire wedding process helping me with vendors and advice way beyond a photographers normal duties. She provided an amazing photo list and we talked in detail before the wedding about all the shots we wanted so that on the wedding day I didn't have to think about it at all, she helped us get the correct groups together and posed is. The photos turned out beautiful and we will treasure them forever!

Sent on 09/29/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 05/19/2017

We really appreciated your professionalism and kindness ! Thank you for being part of the most wonderful day of our life !

Sent on 07/19/2017
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 10/01/2016

If you are in your search for a top-notch photography team look no further. Christina was my lead and she worked seamlessly with Jason as my second photographer and they were downright phenomenal. From the very first inquiry with them, through selecting our package, to our engagement session and then working out the timeline and the details for the big day, everything was a breeze. Easy to communicate with but super professional and still yet incredibly laid back and fun. On your wedding day regardless of if all your ducks are in a row or if there are last minute hurdles you have to jump, it is going to be a morning filled with a lot of emotion and most times chaos. Despite it all, Christina and Jason were SO easy-going and didn't show even the slightest sign of being frazzled. Simply put - they know their stuff! It rained on my wedding day - the entire day with very minimal breaks in between downpours. Of course as a bride I was disappointed in that but Christina was constantly raving over the lighting she was working with and didn't let trucking around in rain boots or fumbling with an umbrella slow her down or miss a beat. They were so great about it and showed it wasn't their first rodeo with weddings in the rain. Their comfortable personas quickly made me forget that it was a wet overcast day. When selecting vendors I learned early on that having confidence and not having to micro-manage every little thing was so valuable. I did not at all doubt our decision to hire Christina from the minute we signed our contract to the final sendoff on our wedding night. If Hamilton Photography is on your radar, stop your search now. Of all the things I could criticize or say I would do differently given the chance, having Christina and Jason document our day is not one of those things. Already look forward to having another reason to hire a photographer. Babies, family photos, vow renewals.. we will be Hamilton clients for life!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Michele · Married on 08/27/2016

Mark and his team were amazing to work with. My husband and I are from out of town and he went out of his way to accommodate us when we were in Annapolis for planning. Our pictures are absolutely stunning! And we were both impressed with how he made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, even though we are "picture people". Also a shout-out to Danny, who had me laughing all day and feeling totally at ease before walking down the aisle. We also used their photo-booth and the guests loved the hanging picture frames and props.

Sent on 10/10/2016
  • Scottcr1688

Chelsea · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I were so impressed with Mark and Christina's work. We had them do our wedding at the USNA and the Governor Calvert House. Our pictures came out amazing. From the moment we met them we knew that we'd have a great working experience with Hamilton. A year later and I still look at the photos in aw. Highly recommend to those getting married at the USNA and in/around Annapolis. They are the best of the best.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Jenna · Married on 04/23/2016

I can't say enough positive things about Hamilton Photography. My husband and I used Hamilton for our engagement pictures and wedding pictures. Both sets of pictures turned out phenomenal! Mark was our photographer for both and he is very professional, personable, pleasant, and even achieved to get my husband (who HATES pictures) to smile and enjoy our shoots. Our package with Hamilton included unlimited photographer hours. I was very happy I went with this package because it allowed me to have photo coverage from 2:30pm - 10:45pm during the day of our wedding. We even received our wedding photos to view about 12 days after our wedding day which made me ecstatic! Would use Hamilton again in a heartbeat and would recommend them to any future bride.

Sent on 05/16/2016

I used the Hamilton Photography Team for their photobooth services at my wedding in lieu of giving my guests a party favor. They were a HUGE hit! Their booth was super high quality with lots of fun props. The attendants were very helpful and made the event go off without a hitch. Mark and his management team made planning for the event a breeze, I would recommend them wholeheartedly for your next event.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Hamilton Photography's reply:

We are so glad you enjoyed your experience! For those that didn't know, Hamilton Photography does have a sister company called Chesapeake Photo Booth (this review is referencing it). We designed our booths to enhance the overall appearance and experience of the traditional photo booth. check it out at www.chesapeakephotobooth.com .