Hamilton Hilton Garden Inn, Hamilton NJ Reviews

16 | Trenton, NJ

16 Reviews for Hamilton Hilton Garden Inn, Hamilton NJ

Victoria · Married on 09/28/2018

Our wedding was absolutely perfect! Rachel helped us every step along the way to make sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. I wouldn’t change a thing about the entire day!!!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Kait · Married on 06/30/2018

My husband and I got married here, and we couldn’t be happier with our experience. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and send-off brunch here. Rachel Brand was incredible through the planning stages and day of, as was the entire staff. Our guests raved about the wedding, food, and experience. We are so grateful to have celebrated our marriage here, everything was perfect! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Rose · Married on 04/14/2018

My husband Jeff and I had our cocktail hour/reception, and send-off breakfast at HGI Hamilton this past Saturday. We also reserved a block of rooms for our guests. Everything was absolutely perfect! Rachel was our maitre d/point of contact for our reception. As soon as I met her, I knew that I wanted to work with her! She is extremely down to earth, friendly, and organized. She answered every question I had, and was so helpful! The night of the reception, she was everywhere, making sure that things were perfect. Helena helped me with the room block. She made sure that we had wheelchair accessible rooms, and if any issues came up with booking, she took care of it herself. It was so nice to have everything (other than our ceremony, which was at a church), in one place. Our guests knew that, once they were at the party, they didn't have to go anywhere. I would HIGHLY recommend HGI Hamilton!!!

Sent on 04/20/2018

Emily · Married on 11/11/2017

The Hilton Garden Inn was a fabulous place to get married! It was the first venue we looked at and thought "wait can't pick the first one right?" So we dutifully looked at other places but kept coming back to the HGI. After booking, the rest of the process was easy! We were kept well informed and any questions we had were answered promptly. The day off went off without a hitch (that, as the bride, I ever knew about anyway!) The staff were all so attentive and friendly and the food was out of the world!! Three months later people are still talking about what a great time they had and how delicious everything was! I would absolutely recommend the Hilton Garden Inn to anyone!

Sent on 01/14/2018

Kate · Married on 05/13/2017

The ladies at the Hamilton Hilton Garden Inn were amazing! If you are one of those organized, on top of everything brides, you will have a great time here! All the staff was professional and accommodated to all of our needs. The venue is gorgeous! We wish we had the pleasure to get married down by the pond, but the weather was uncorporative with us. But our rain plan was still just as amazing in their structure tent. That was my favorite part of the day being in there. The food was AMAZING. Even weeks after the wedding, people were just razing about the food. This is a place that you should definitely take the time and go look at it. You will be surprised!

Sent on 06/06/2017

We had our post wedding brunch at the Hilton and everything turned out flawlessly. Donna is an absolute pleasure to work with. She is a true professional and made sure everything went perfectly. The food was amazing and the staff was so wonderful!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Tyeshia · Married on 08/15/2015

The Hilton Garden Inn was a very pleasant and wonderful place that we choose to have our ceremony and reception take place here. The food was delicious and the service was great and fast the staff did a wonderful job with my guest and everyone said they had a wonderful time there. My out of towner guest rooms were clean and service was great too. Thank you Hilton Gardens Inn for everything my day was truly wonderful.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Hamilton Hilton Garden Inn, Hamilton NJ's reply:

Tyeshia - it was our pleasure!! Thank you for allowing the Hilton Garden Inn to be "part of the family!" We hope to see you in the future and thank you, so very much, for you kind words!

Donna and the team of the Hilton Garden Inn did an amazing job at my ceremony and reception. My out of towner guest was very comfortable there too. The food was delicious and our overall experience with the staff as a whole was very pleasant. Thank you Hilton Garden Inn for a lovely day that we shared with you.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Hamilton Hilton Garden Inn, Hamilton NJ's reply:

Thank you for your kind words - we are so happy all went well for your wedding weekend celebration! It was our pleasure!

Tyeshia · Married on 08/15/2015

Donna and the team of the Hilton Garden Inn did an amazing job at my ceremony and reception. My out of towner guest was very comfortable there too. The food was delicious and our overall experience with the staff as a whole was very pleasant. Thank you Hilton Garden Inn for everything. We are so happy that we shared with you our special day. We couldn't have chosen a better place to share with.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Hamilton Hilton Garden Inn, Hamilton NJ's reply:

Thank you, Tyeshia! It was our pleasure - and thank you for your kind comments! So happy it was all you dreamed of!

Victoria · Married on 09/28/2018

Our day was perfect!

The Hilton garden inn is such a secret gem of a spot in Hamilton. Rachel (their wedding coordinator) was amazing throughout the entire planning process and made sure our day ran perfectly! Everything really was perfect and exactly how we wanted it. We had an intimate wedding of about 60 in their patio ballroom and it was wonderful! There is absolutely nothing I would have changed! If you’re considering this spot for your big day, go see it and meet with her!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • BHarm

Brittany · Married on 06/22/2014

Amazing location for a wedding. Hotel is beautiful along with the grounds.

Sent on 07/03/2014
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/31/2011

3.0

We choose the Hilton Garden Inn as both our ceremony and reception location. From the day we signed our contract, the staff was incredibly helpful (especially Maggie) and made sure we had whatever we needed to make it OUR day. Despite it being a winter wedding, we decided to do a semi-outdoor ceremony in their tent... but their heating system made it feel like we were indoors. Upon our initial tour of the hotel, we were slightly concerned about ballroom space, but their ballroom is deceptively big. We had 130 guests, food stations, 2 bars, cocktail tables, a DJ setup, and a TV to watch the ball drop for New Years Eve and still had PLENTY of room. They even allowed us to use their board room ("The Dublin Room") as an extra space. The desk staff was very helpful in answering questions for our guests both leading up to and on the day of the wedding. The one slight negative was response time during planning, but this is probably due the holiday season and never became a major issue.

If you're looking for a somewhere in the Hamilton area to get married, we'd definitely recommend it.

Thanks HHGI staff!

Sent on 01/02/2012
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 10/21/2017

The team at the Hilton Garden Inn is a great team. The one sad thing was that the woman we originally met with switched hotels without telling us. We did pick this venue on part because she seemed to be extremely fun, knowledgable, and experienced.

That said, we are still very happy with the hotel and event coordinator, Rachel. It was just not what we were expecting going into it. We are having a brunch wedding, so the price per person can't be beat. I'm not sure about the dinner costs. You do receive basically everything you need when you book here for your reception (which definitely lowers stress leading up to the wedding day).

Overall, I am extremely happy with the process thus far and I know our celebration will be in great hands!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Kathleen · Married on 05/20/2008

3.8
      3.5

Was able to get a good rate on the venue. They were very flexible and I feel like we got a good deal.

Sent on 09/28/2008

1.0

This is a review for the hotel alone. We used this hotel for guest accommodations only, for our nearby wedding. The actual hotel is very clean and very nice. The staff is very friendly. Organizing hotel blocks for our guests was very stressful and the worst part of wedding planning. So many errors on reservations and spent several hours on the phone straightening things out. On the other hand, they did have a lot of patience, considering there were several weddings that weekend, and cannot put all the blame on them.

Sent on 09/15/2013

1.6
      0.0

- This was a convenient location for guests and family. The wedding turned out wonderful, however, my coordinator for the event was so incompetent, I ended up having to correct the majority of our contract. Our names were spelled wrong several times, money was written in terms of time, the billing dates were wrong, and several other errors. The contract was sloppy and very unprofessional.
    - The coordinator was your typical salesperson who promises you several things and once the contract is signed, takes them back. Make sure that you hash out all your details clearly in your contract especially if you're promised things.
    - We had several problems with guests being told our room block was sold out when it was not.
    - There were guests who had to stand for our ceremony because the hotel didn't think to give them a chair.
    - We requested to save the top tier of our cake, but the cake ended up being served out to guests. There was none left.
    - Tables were placed incorrectly after we discussed where we wanted them.
    Overall, the wedding was great from the guests' perspective but the hassle and trouble planning it was a stressful nightmare. Make sure you have all your details written down.

Sent on 08/10/2014