Half Baked Co. Reviews

11 | Burbank, CA

11 Reviews for Half Baked Co.

Half Baked Co. 1
Half Baked Co. 2
Half Baked Co. 3
Half Baked Co. 4
  • Kim

James Russell Granger · Married on 02/09/2019

Most Amazing Cake Designers in all of LA!

This is our second speciality cake by Half Baked, and they woo us beyond every time. We accidentally discovered them while running an errand and saw their brick and mortar bakery, and it was love at first bite with their cupcakes. And my then boyfriend always returned to get me valentines cupcakes and then my birthday cake, which was beyond impressive, I refused to cut it at my birthday party, it truly was a work of art like nothing I had ever scene before. So we made sure we continued going back to them for treats. And then when it came to our wedding, we knew who to go to! I knew what I wanted and would not waver on getting my dream cake, so we knew they could get the job done! Their creative talent is only surpassed by their delicious cakes. Yes, you have stunning aesthetic in a cake with their creative talent and the most delicious cake ever. Best part is, half the calories but full on flavor! Everyone at our wedding said our cake was the most impressive cake ever. We knew they would give it their all once again. I can not recommend this bakery enough. Not only talented but customer service to the nines! The owner is such a sweetheart, so accommodating.
    This team is a must have from weddings to special events. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/09/2019
    Half Baked Co. 5

Half Baked Co.'s reply:

To the happy couple,
    Thank you so much for your very kind words. The whole team will be so happy to read this message! We had such a wonderful time creating your elegant and unique wedding cake. You always come to us with the coolest design ideas. Thank you for allowing us to be a small part of your big day. Congratulations to you both and we hope to help you celebrate many happy occassions in what is sure to be a beautiful future.

Sweetest thoughts,
    The Half Baked Co. Team

Anna · Married on 12/29/2018

Beautiful cake!

We hired Half Baked Co. for our December 29th wedding and we're so happy we did! The whole team were always on hand to answer any questions and everything went seamless. We ordered a smaller cake, plus an assortment of cupcakes, donuts, and macarons. Everything was beautiful, delicious and the set up they did was so pretty! Really happy with our choice and would definitely use them again!

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • Linda

Linda · Married on 10/20/2018

Cannot rave enough about them!

I'm so thrilled to have found Half Baked Co! I have a variety of food sensitivities that I was worried I wouldn't be able to enjoy my wedding cake! Half Baked Co created a custom batter for me and my husband and we ordered a beautiful petite cutting cake for our reception! Reasonably priced and so delicious! My husband has no food sensitivities and he loved this cake! We are coming back to order birthday cakes, anniversary cakes, etc. Thank you!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Half Baked Co. 6

Alisha · Married on 10/13/2018

Gorgeous and Delicious Cake/ Desserts!

Half Baked made us the most beautiful rustic wedding cake! They also made a dessert bar for us all completely gluten free! I have celiac and wanted to be able to enjoy the desserts at the wedding and they were able to accommodate! I will always be so grateful to Half Baked because they came to our rescue less than a week before the wedding! The baker I had booked flaked last minute. Needing a gluten free Wedding cake at the last minute was scary but they put us at ease! They put together a last minute taster for us and were so helpful and gracious! I'm so grateful for this bakery! EVERYONE loved the cake and desserts and no one knew it was GF!

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle Silva · Married on 10/01/2018

Amazing Bakery

Loved this bakery! the staff was always friendly and helpful when we came in. Planning the cake was not even a stress factor when we were planning our wedding. They always responded quickly to my emails. And the detail on our cake was amazing. I'm sure it took them a long time to pipe the crazy design we had chosen. so glad we chose Half Baked.

Sent on 09/06/2019
    Half Baked Co. 7
  • Alex

Alex Camacho · Married on 09/21/2018

Perfect Vegan wedding cake of my dreams!

Half Baked made our cake and cupcakes for our wedding and we could not be happier! From the moment we walked in to do the tasting we knew this was the right place for us. The flavors they offer are so unique and absolutely delicious, I love that they even offer sugar and gluten free options as well. They nailed the design and were a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Jacqui

Jacqui · Married on 09/01/2018

Gluten Free Wedding Cake of Our Dreams!

So I already love Half Baked Co. because they're my local gluten free bakery; and as I and several of our guests are gluten free, they were our top choice going into choosing a cake. Not only were they able to make an entirely gluten free cake, but they also ran with our crazy cake ideas. We were like: we want dragon scales, and they came back with: do you want them to shimmer? Um, yes please! We had other places tell us that what we wanted wasn't possible, but that was never even suggested at Half Baked. The cake tasting was amazing too - we got to pick a lot of combos to try out with mini cupcakes, and we settled on a chocolate/chocolate base, a vanilla/strawberry middle, and a chocolate/salted caramel top. And I mean, it was delicious. Everything I've ever had from Half Baked Co is amazing, but I think they went over and above with our wedding cake. Now I really want to go get some cake...

Sent on 02/10/2019
    Half Baked Co. 8

Half Baked Co.'s reply:

Thank you so much for your review Jacqui & Devin! We absolutely LOVE that you wanted us to put dragon scales on your cake, and how could we not make them shimmer?! We look forward to baking more for you in the future - starting with your one year anniversary cake tomorrow!
    -Natalie
  • LCya

Lindsay · Married on 09/24/2016

the wedding cake was beautiful and it looked just the way I wanted!
    I got the honey lavender as well as lemon and everybody said the honey lavender was bomb!

Sent on 10/20/2016

carolyn · Married on 11/06/2011

Half Baked Co. did an entire shabby chic woodland dessert bar for my fall wedding. Complete with hot cocoa mason jar favors, s'mores marshmallow pops, pumpkin and chai tea latte cupcake tower with an old fashioned buttercream cake on top that had a wooden "lovebird" cake topper that was just adorable! They came in and set everything up for me and the best part in that everything they provided did not have to be returned (one last thing for all my bridesmaids to worry about afterwards!) They custom make all the holders and stands, so you can either reuse or recycle them, go green wedding! I have to say it was a TOTAL hit at my wedding, as soon as the DJ mentioned the dessert bar was open, there was a line around the venue to devour the beautiful and edible set up ;) Thanks Half Baked Co. for making such an awesome wedding dessert bar for us!

Sent on 01/26/2012

Caroline · Married on 11/25/2012

I used Half Baked for a dessert table at my wedding. Their office in Burbank is so super cute! Just the visit there was an experience! My mom pretty much paid for everything, so I don't know the cost of the desserts that we got, but I'm sure it was worth it! (Hence, only 4 stars for value.)

Carolyn put together a table of all kinds of different delectables, oreo cookies covered in chocolate, cake pops, little truffle things, caramel apples and plenty of gluten free desserts for all my guests who couldn't have cake! It was a beautiful display and everything that I tried was yummy!

Most of the desserts were gone before we even cut the cake!

Sent on 12/05/2012

Crystal · Married on 06/24/2017

0.6
      1.0

If I could give this -5 I would. I ordered a cake for a small wedding and received the wrong order. Not only was it the wrong order it tasted terrible. I always recommend this bakery to friends and fellow wedding goers as my mom is a wedding coordinator. I will make sure she takes them off her vendor list and will not be coming back. I can't go to a bakery who messes up on a cake so badly and ruins my special day. If you are a customer and wanting them for your event i would stay away.

Sent on 06/26/2017