Hal Prince Music and Entertainment Reviews

119 | Mount Kisco, NY

119 Reviews for Hal Prince Music and Entertainment

Rue Eisen · Getting married on 03/02/2021

Nightsong created PURE JOY

Our guests loved the band, NIGHTSONG, which played on February 15, 2020 for our wedding. The band was so fantastic that more people were dancing than the dance floor could hold. Dancers were rocking out on the carpeting. Who cared? The singers and instrumentalists were top-notch. They were great! That band was tight! NiGHTSONG made for a fantastic reception. Everyone loved it! Pure joy!

Sent on 03/04/2020

Lindsay Yellen · Married on 02/29/2020

Best Night Ever!!

Jay and his band were fantastic! It was a pleasure working with the entire team from Hal Prince Band from the beginning. It is a wonderful family business. We could not have asked for a better wedding night. The band kept the dance floor full all night long!!

Sent on 03/21/2020

Dj Pearson · Married on 02/20/2020

Best band ever! Everyone danced all night.

The variety of music, along with their personality and showmanship keep everyone engaged, dancing, singing and having a fantastic time.

Sent on 11/09/2018

Brittany O'brien · Married on 02/09/2020

Best Wedding Band Ever!

Hal Prince was the best band ever, better than we could have ever imagined!! Jay was amazing to work with throughout the process. He is organized and made himself available to meet with us on our schedule in the beginning of the process, and a couple of weeks before the wedding. He asked us to fill out a document with all of our songs and information, and he followed everything from specific ceremony songs to the last song we wanted played at our wedding, which ended up turning into the nicest moment. We had a pianist from the band at the ceremony and cocktail hour who was great! He played all the songs we wanted during the ceremony and even worked with one of our friends who was singing during our ceremony to make sure her song went smoothly with his accompaniment.
    The sound equipment Hal Prince provided for the ceremony and reception worked out perfectly with no glitches. You could here every single word of our ceremony. During the reception, Hal Prince made sure there was no time that people weren’t on the dance floor, just as we wanted! They played so many hit songs that had the crowd dancing all night! Our venue coordinator said she had never seen so many people on the dance floor the whole night before. We've been to a lot of weddings and also have never seen so many people dancing the whole night! Everyone had a blast and keep telling us even a month later how amazing the band was!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Jennifer Fucci · Married on 10/27/2019

Best dj ever!

Hal Prince Entertainment blew the ceiling off our wedding! They were so much fun to work with! We booked them immediately after we booked our venue. Pat was incredibly kind and knowledgeable! He recommended we hire Steve and Steve did not miss the mark. DJ Steve was awesome! He was fun and knew exactly how to read the room. I told him that I wanted a great dance party where people didn’t want to leave and Steve delivered. Many of our guests stated they had never danced that much at a wedding or in their entire lives! DJ Steve timed out all the important moments perfectly and no one wanted to leave at the end of the night. It was amazing! Definitely book with Hal Prince you won’t regret it!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Sara

Sara Gil · Married on 09/11/2019

Amazing band!

Jay & his band played our wedding this past Saturday and they were AMAZING!!! All of our guests told us that they were the best wedding band they had ever heard and the dance floor was packed all night. My husband even sang two songs with them and the band was so cool about it. They were a pleasure to work with and they listened to all of my crazy "don't play" requirements. They also performed our first dance song perfectly. We will be recommending them to all of our friends to use for their weddings in the future. Thank you Jay!!! We had SO much fun and you guys were AWESOME!!!!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Jolie

Jolie Shapiro · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing night!

These guys were awesome! Jay was super professional throughout the entire process and the band had everyone up and dancing the entire night. We couldn't have asked for a better band!

Sent on 09/20/2019

Stephanie Bowers · Married on 09/07/2019

DJ Steve is a Legend

DJ STEVE!!!!

What a LEGEND! DJ Steve was the absolute best DJ. He did such an amazing job at my wedding on 9.7.19 that I literally didn't even have time to go table to table to thank everyone for coming! (I may have gotten into trouble!) I'm so happy I let him set the pace and the tone for the night, and when you pay vendors to do a job, let them do it! They are the professionals in the game!

He was right about all his suggestions. The people were dancing, laughing, and never got off the dance floor the entire night. He listened to my demands of no triplet rap or country THANK YOU and kept everyone bouncing and grooving.

The sax player addition was a real treat, and I was happy to have the most important part of the wedding handled and booked literally 1 year in advance to make sure I had THE BEST IN THE BIZNESS!

THANK YOU HAL PRINCE AND DJ STEVE FOR AN INCREDIBLE EVENING!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Tessa

Tessa · Married on 08/31/2019

Best Wedding Band Ever

This band is the most amazing band ever. From curating the perfect night of music with us, to understanding our families and personalities- they made the night intimate and special, not one person stopped dancing!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Bill O'connell · Married on 08/31/2019

Jay Prince Band 8/31/19

I am a jazz musician. I asked a few of my friends who they would recommend for a band to play at my son's upcoming wedding. Everyone said call Jay Prince. They were right! They brought their six piece group to Walkill, NY for my son's wedding, and they were smokin'! The band was headlined by their leader Jay, who brought a tremendous combination of musicality and energy to the performance. Jay had a wonderful female singer working with him that had some serious pipes - she did an especially awesome job with Chaka Khan's "Ain't Nobody". The saxophone player had a great sound and some awesome solos, the three piece rhythm section behind them - bass, drums, and keyboard - didn't miss a beat and I played 2 tunes with them and they were fantastic. Best of all - they did a great job working with my son and daughter-in-law to keep their musical freedom while giving them a party tailored to their musical tastes. Book this band - They are the best!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Nanci

Nanci Grant · Married on 08/03/2019

The Crème de la Crème!

The Hal Prince Orchestra

When my husband and I were planning our wedding, we knew we wanted to have a live band. We’re both 62 years old, and both lovers of the bands with horn sections from our youth. As we are not young newlyweds, and as my husband was a classical clarinetist, and I a singer in my past, the idea of a DJ just didn’t seem right. We looked on-line at a few different bands through various wedding websites and knew we were looking for an EXTRAORDINARY band for our wedding. I made one phone call to my friend Carolee Goodgold — a fantastic professional singer in her own right who knows a gazillion musicians and singers, and asked her for her personal recommendation: The Hal Prince
    Orchestra. Period.

She put me in touch with Jay Prince, who is a colleague and friend. We spoke, we texted, we emailed, spoke some more, and I felt like like he was a long lost friend, or a guy I grew up with because of his openness, accessibility, humor, and chill attitude. We talked about the type of music that resonated with us, ( Motown, of course) and other contemporary artists and/or songs that we also liked. Our list was sent to him after we met, and we were off and running.

In addition, we had another request. I gave my daughter, (a fantastic singer and actor) the option as my maid-of-honor to either give a speech or to sing a song of my choosing. She chose the song. Jay could not have been more accommodating when it came to helping my daughter to rehearse with the band’s piano player. My daughter killed it, the song brought the house down. It was the first of several throughout the night.

Jay helped us figure out how to get the guests inside the barn gathered around the stage to hear Halle sing. Together, we came up with a plan to have the 3 piece horn section come outside and lead everyone in and around the stage á la New Orleans dirge, to Al Green’s Love and Happiness! It was fantabulous!

I cannot say enough about Jay and the incredible singers and musicians in his roster. There was not one guest who did not comment on how incredible the band was. They are the crème de la crème; the best around, and honestly, made the wedding what it was - beyond fun. I love and respect all 9 of them we had the pleasure to hire and now call our friends.

Nanci Grant and Randy Ment

Sent on 08/18/2019

Donna Guttmann · Married on 07/20/2019

Best Band Ever!

Hal Prince played at my daughters wedding on Saturday. His band is extremely talented. Everyone commented on how fabulous the music was.The dance floor was packed all night long! The wedding was a huge success and he was a major part of that. I would most definitely use him again for future events.

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • samantha

samantha · Married on 06/29/2019

Absolutely Incredible!

When my fiance and I got engaged we both agreed immediately that we wanted to have a band at our wedding. Hal Prince had actually DJ'd my bat mitzvah 14 years prior, so I knew the Jay Prince band would be the perfect choice. Jay, Jill, and Pat were all so wonderful to work with throughout the wedding planning process. The wedding was on a hot and humid day, but the Jay Prince band kept on rockin throughout the night and kept everyone on the dance floor despite all the sweat! Everyone is still raving about the music! I 10000% recommend the Jay Prince Band to anyone looking for a professional, fun, and extremely talented band for your wedding!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • AMS!

Ams! · Married on 06/21/2019

You won't stop raving about the music!

Jay and his band orchestrated and played the most amazing music for our wedding at our home. What was special about Jay was his enthusiasm and ideas on the flow of the music, the experience, the sounds, the selection of the musicians and songs. We wanted different vibes from the welcome reception to ceremony to dinner and dancing - and he brought it on. The sound was perfect. All the musicians were top notch professionals who played with bands like Chicago and more. They were energetic, friendly and had amazing voices. You won't stop smiling.

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle S · Married on 06/08/2019

100% met my expectations!

To me, in planning my wedding music was on my top three MOST important things. And Hal Prince and DJ Steve 100% delivered. DJ Steven matched the type of music genres I wanted for my cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing, even incorporating music from my husband's Haitian culture, to the surprise and pleasure of his family members. DJ Steve also was a great MC, facilitating our announcements, speeches and toasts, and dancing segments. I have had so many guests tell me how great the music was and how they danced the night away. I couldn't have asked for a better company!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 06/01/2019

Awesome Band!

Awesome band! They had everyone out of their seats dancing, having a great time.

Sent on 12/30/2019

Dustin Cairo · Married on 05/26/2019

Incredible performance, lots of energy and great to work with!

My wife and I had an absolutely incredible time at our wedding and in large part to Jay and his band! They kept the party rocking all night long and had the dance floor full the entire night. Our guests raved about their music and the energy they brought.

Jay was extremely easy to work with leading up to the event and was always accessible if we had a question or needed his advice on music selection. We let him know a few specific songs we wanted played and our favorite artists but from there he knew exactly what to play. One specific way Jay and his band went out of their way to make sure our evening was special and showed us they really cared: Our evening was behind schedule due to rain but knowing that my wife and I wanted to maximize dancing at the party Jay let us know that he was going to hold the band eating their dinner in between sets so that as soon as our guests were done with their entrees the band would start playing again. I believe they didn't have dinner until after the party was over at 11PM. If Jay is still playing when we have kids there is no doubt we will hire him for their Bar/Bat Mitzvah's and Weddings!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Angelea · Married on 05/25/2019

Best band ever

Thank you so much for entertaining all of our guests at our wedding! The music was amazing and we loved dancing through the night!!! Thanks again for everything!!!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • F

FATIHA MAKLOUFI · Married on 05/11/2019

Outstanding DJ

Dj Carlos M of Hal Prince did a fantastic job playing music and managing all the entertainment for the wedding celebration. He was easy to work with and a great listener. He rocked us the whole evening!!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Anna Graham · Married on 05/04/2019

Best band ever!

Hal Prince Band totally rocked!!! Everyone (literally all of our guests) have been raving about how awesome they were and we couldn't agree more. We had an absolute blast and can attribute the energy of the band as a main reason our wedding was a success. They totally nailed what we were going for, were responsive to all requests ahead of time and sounded on point from start to finish. They played a variety of music that made guests of all ages hop on the dance floor and never leave and I can honestly say they blew us away the whole night. The only problem was when they had to end as everyone there would have loved more time to continue dancing the night away. They are a truly top notch ensemble and cannot recommend them any higher!

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 11/24/2018

The Best Part of my Wedding

I feel so lucky and blessed to have had the Hal Prince band under the leadership of Jay Prince play at our wedding. They were the highlight of the evening, and truly the best vendor I hired.

Music was one of the top, if not the most important element to me and my husband. I am a professional musician as were several of my guests, and even with our very high standards Jay and his band still managed to blow us away!

The entire wedding guest list was up and dancing the whole evening. My guests and I enjoyed the band so much, that Jay actually had to remind everyone several times to eat their meals!

Working together in planning the music selections was a breeze, Jay is extremely knowledgable and accommodating. In fact, he went the extra mile for us in more ways than one - it is very obvious that he loves what he does and each wedding is very special to him. I was VERY specific in my list of do not plays and with what our music palette would be; which the band fulfilled completely. My dad and mom also had special requests, but Jay was patient and available every step of the way.

As a host of the evening and announcing each special event during the night, they were completely classy and elegant.

The number one detail that all my guests complimented us on was our band - they MADE the evening. I cannot thank Jay and his musicians enough for giving us the wedding of our dreams. Thank you!!

Sent on 04/21/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine Raia · Married on 10/25/2018

Raia/D’Alessandro Wedfing

10+ Perfection! Attire to performance. Rocked the dance floor. My daughter and new husband were floored the guests absolutely blown away. Every genre played made every guest happy. We had a lot of professional musicians there and they were incredibly impressed. I can’t say enough praises. I’m so happy. You completed the wedding experience to a T! Thank you so much.

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • Catherine

Catherine Raia · Married on 10/25/2018

Raia/D'Alessandro Wedding 10/25/18

WOW! Amazing entertainment. Absolutely impressed us on every level. Music never stopped. Dancing never stopped. We had many professional musician friends in attendance and it was said that this band was the best they had ever heard. I cannot express enough our gratitude, to you and your colleagues, for enhancing our wedding experience in the way you all did. You over exceed our expectations of 'the band experience'. BLOWN AWAY is putting it mildly. You YouTube videos do not do the experience justice. You are far better, in person, than what we had seen. Your attention to detail was spot on. From set up to the sound guy we were impressed. And your singers??!! OMG what a voice! She rocked it. I was especially impressed how you took modern songs and made them your own. Every genre played, every guest happy, every penny worth it. If I could give a higher rating than a 10+ I absolutely would. Thank you so much for completing our experience. Oh and you all dressed amazingly! Just sayin. LOL

Sent on 11/04/2018

C. Ditrani · Married on 10/25/2018

Ultimate professionals!

What more could you ask for when the dance floor is packed the whole evening. This band is filled with real pros who know how to get and keep a party going! Very cool bunch of musicians I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Alejandro D’Alessandro · Married on 10/25/2018

Awesome band , very happy :)

They did a great job! Very pleased! All our guest loved the band :) would def recommend

Sent on 11/11/2018