89 Reviews for Hal Prince Music and Entertainment

Learning New Songs (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Willing to Travel (1)
65 Hal Prince Music and Entertainment Reviews

BRAVO! Jay, Jill, Steve and the whole team, incredible! Your hospitality and talent is indescribable. I could not have imagined a better playlist for our wedding. From the initial meeting to the execution of the event; Hal Prince nailed it from start to finish! They knew how to read the crowd, while taking all of our requests and suggestions into account. We are STILL getting numerous compliments on our DJ and music!!! Thanks again to the Hal Prince team and our DJ, STEVE!!!!

Incredible and highly recommended!

Photo for Hal Prince Music and Entertainment Review
Photo for Hal Prince Music and Entertainment Review
Profile Picture Sarah, 7/7/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Super easy to make arrangements with and the music was PERFECT! They REALLY got the crowd dancing!

Profile Picture Bill, 6/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

The only vendor my fiancee and I struggled with agreeing on booking was our music - he wanted a DJ, and I wanted a live band - after going back and forth, we booked a live band through Hal Prince - "The Jay Prince Band". We are SO happy we chose them, and those who were initially skeptical on having a live band, ended up eating their words! Jay and Jill Prince are extremely responsive, friendly, down to earth, and genuine throughout the whole planning process. They do everything they can to ensure you're happy with the plan, and made great suggestions along the way. We also used them to rent TV screens and have their tech play our slideshow - I loved how they asked for the slideshow a week in advance to do some tests to make sure everything would go smoothly. Just goes to show they cover all bases and know what's needed to ensure a flawless night.
The night of our wedding was perfection - they had the dance floor going all night, had a professional and picturesque set-up, and easily maneuvered through the different genres of music we requested. One of the best parts was when Jay got on the dance floor for a guitar solo - it was so fun, our guests went crazy! The night was our dream wedding - and a huge part was due to Jay & his band - we are so grateful to them. So many people commented to us how they've never seen a bride & groom dance so much at their own wedding - but when you book Hal Prince, how can you not? If you want a professional but FUN band for your wedding - look no further. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/1/18, 5 Reviews

Hal Prince Band - One of the best decisions we made for the reception! Jay and the band were spectacular and everyone loved them. They kept the reception lively and made it entertaining for all. We are still receiving wonderful compliments weeks later about their performance. Can't say enough about them, they are an absolute MUST to have as entertainment!!! Additionally, Jay was extremely easy to work with and made great suggestions - a real pro.

Profile Picture Josephine, 6/1/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

As the saying goes, the 3 most important things for any wedding are food, drink and music. With the Hal Prince Band led by Jay and Jill Prince, you will knock the music element out of the park. At our wedding, the 8 piece band was so good that A) some people thought we were listening to the radio and B) our relatives that we have never seen dance before were on the dance floor grooving! Jay and Jill were exceptionally professional and their services were worth every penny. If I were to plan my wedding again, I would go with the Hal Prince Band in a heartbeat. A little more than 1 month since our wedding and we STILL have people talking about our band. Thanks Jay and Jill!

Profile Picture mytra, 5/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

From the moment we reached out to Hal Prince, we knew they were the perfect fit for our wedding. Not only was our venue on portrayed on their event page, but since the first meeting with Pat we knew they were right for us. The Jay Prince Band completely ROCKED our wedding. Everyone was dancing from the minute they started to the very end of the night. We took advantage and used Hal Prince for our ceremony and cocktail hour music, as well as their awesome photo booth! Jay and his band were were a hit with every guest! We received so many compliments saying it was the best wedding ever and the music made it so. We loved the energy Jay brought to our special day, it truly would not have been so amazing without him!! SO FUN!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/27/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

Working with the Hal Prince Music and Entertainment group was a pleasure. I was referred to Jill Prince who immediately understood my needs in choosing a band for my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception in NYC. The entire process was stress free, as Jill took care of everything. A classical guitarist was used for the small ceremony, and a 4-piece band was chosen for the reception at a restaurant. Both choices were perfect for the venues, and several guests commented on the quality of the music. I would definitely use them again for any future needs and gladly recommend them.
Thank you to everyone at Hall Prince for making it a perfect evening.

Profile Picture Renae, 4/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Steve was an awesome DJ! He truly tuned into the room and played the perfect music at the best timing throughout our Wedding Reception. We got a lot of compliments on how much fun our Reception was. Additionally, the guitarist who played for our Ceremony was amazing and overall working with Pat at Hal Prince was wonderful as Pat was incredibly responsive and easy to work with. I would definitely work with them again in the future!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/22/17, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

When I asked around for suggestions on a wedding band, I asked a TON of people. Not because I'm indecisive (actually, that's exactly what it was!) but I'm a receptionist and shmoozing is what I do! One thing was consistent--I only got one band's name. ONE! Hal Prince/Jay Prince Band.

Being of the internet generation, I stalked all social media before I committed my time to a meeting. Yet, my stalking wasn't juicy enough and led me wanting more information since they were so highly recommended, and I set up a meeting in their Kisco office late after work on a weekday (very accommodating). Pat was super responsive via email!

Upon meeting Jay we were floored by his energy and passion! He clearly loves music of every kind, loves what he's doing, and knows how to throw a good party. He showed us band videos and took the time to get to know us as a couple, us as music fans, our family's likes, and what WE wanted. He had questionnaires that laid everything out of us, and offered suggestions from a wide array of genres for ceremony music to the cake cutting songs so that the music reflected US and not another copy/paste wedding. He also honored a sentimental request; we had a recording of my husband's late father singing, and he was able to play it during the reception. It was such a beautiful moment, and we were so happy he came up with the idea to fold it in to the night seamlessly.

To sum up the evening, everyone young and old tore up the dance floor--and they weren't just dancing to dance, they were LOVING it, and as a couple we couldn't have asked for more than that! We asked for a good blend of top 40 and classics, and we gave him 5 of our favorite artists to guide him toward our taste. He NAILED it! Thank you so much to Jay and the Band, you all made a magical night rock!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Jay and his team really put on a show. They were so fun to work with, so flexible and offered amazing suggestions. Multiple guests came up to me and my husband saying it was the most fun they have had at a wedding in a long time. We could not agree more, we had a blast. We all know music makes a wedding, look no further than Hal Prince!

Profile Picture Alexis, 9/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Jay Prince & his band played at our wedding in mid-August 2017 and they were incredible. We could not have been happier from the time we selected them to the final note of the last song. They were professional, communicative, and flexible during the planning process. On the night of our wedding they played with so much enthusiasm and skill. Notably, they nailed our playlist and stuck with the overall style that we requested. We had countless guests comment on how great the band was, both during and after the wedding - and we agree! They were a major highlight and we are so happy that we chose them.

Profile Picture Joseph, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

In searching for a great and energetic band to play at our August 5 wedding in Westchester County, NY our wedding venue recommended Hal Prince. We are so glad they did! Jill Prince was fabulous and extremely easy to work with. After listening to what we were looking for, she recommended Night Song as the perfect band for us. Perfect they were in every way possible! Their voices were amazing, they sang everything we asked for and had everyone dancing the entire night. Thank you Jill Prince for making our reception so memorable!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews

Thank you Hal Prince and specially DJ Steve for a fantastic night! Working with Hal Prince was an amazing experience, from start to finish. Everything was beyond our expectations!!! Music was fantastic. Special thank you to DJ Steve for creating the playlist that kept everyone dancing all night long and putting up with our Serbian music requests. Once again thank you Hal Prince for helping us make our dream come true!!!

Best,
Marijela & Steven

Profile Picture Marijela, 7/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ, Unique Services (Other)

WOW!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!! – all words to describe the incredible band Nightsong from Hal Prince Music and Entertainment. We felt we struck gold when the band started playing and we saw so many people getting up to dance. We had a pretty eclectic group of people that ranged in ages from 2 to 92 and from different parts of the country and the world. The band appealed to everyone so much so that there was no coaxing anyone to get up to dance.
When we met Jill from Hal Prince we told her what type of music we like and some of which we didn’t. We gave her some songs we definitely wanted played. We didn’t make a lengthy list because Jill suggested to us that we leave it up to the band. She said they would know how to read the crowd. They really did read the crowd well.
As our guests were leaving many said they enjoyed the band so much that they didn’t want the evening to end. It’s almost three weeks since the wedding and we still get messages from friends and family telling us how much they enjoyed the band.
I thank Jill, the band and all of Hal Prince Music and Entertainment for making our wedding an absolute success.

Profile Picture Lori, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

This was a fantastic choice! Steve,our dj, played great music that kept the dance floor full the whole night!! I highly recommend this vendor!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I hired Jay Prince and his entire band for my daughter's wedding and it was the absolute best decision I made. This band beat any other band or DJ I have ever heard in my life and our guests couldn't agree more. They had EVERYONE on the dance floor all night. Only an experienced, passionate and successful band can do that. I feel like getting Jay's schedule so I can crash a wedding for another memorable night. Every single guest commented positively about the band. Without question Jay Prince made my daughter wedding a night to remember! Again... best decision ever!

Profile Picture Marcy, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Jay and the band played our May 2017 wedding, and our friends and family have been raving about it ever since. Jay was super accommodating to all our music requests, and the band's ability to capture every request was spectacular! Having Jay play truly put our special event over the top, and you won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture geoff, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Unique Services (Other)

Jay and Hal Prince Music and Entertainment are INCREDIBLE!!! The dance floor at our wedding was jam-packed the entire night! The quality of their music is astounding and they play such a wide variety of songs and genres that this band is perfect for any and every occasion. In addition to being amazingly talented, Jay and his team are professional, organized, and a joy to work with. These guys are just a ton of fun, full of energy, and we could not have asked for a better band for our wedding. I would highly recommend Hal Prince Music and Entertainment!!

Profile Picture User7297424, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews

DJ/MC Steve and the rest of the Hal Prince staff was great. Very responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding day and the actual wedding couldn't have gone smoother! We had our wedding on the beach and the DJ played music for us then and right after that (during cocktail hour) went into the reception room to set up. I have never seen so many people on a dance floor. The entrances for the wedding party were all customized with a different song and it made the wedding even more personalized. HAL PRINCE MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT WAS WONDERFUL!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 8/20/16, 3 Reviews

We could not have asked for a more professional band for our wedding !
Jay Prince and his band kept our party going all
Night and absolutely nailed every song !
We are still fielding texts , emails and phone calls from our guests raving about the music !

Profile Picture jill, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hal Prince Entertainment provided musicians, DJ, emcee and sound system for my wedding in August 2016--they exceeded all of my expectations!! All guests were raving at the quality of the entertainment and many asked for the information for referrals. The emcee went above and beyond the entire evening and there was a terrific saxophone player accompanying the DJ during the reception. For the ceremony and cocktail hour a talented pianist wooed our crowd. I can't recommend enough!!

Profile Picture Sandra, 8/6/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

When the question came up, band or DJ, it was no doubt in my mind we wanted a band! And no other band came to mind than the famous Nightsong group from Hal Prince Orchestra! The band was AMAZING! Bandleader Mike did the most amazing job or seamless switching between our first dances, and made sure the party was ROCKING! We have several swing dancers in the mix and they had a blast! Almost everyone was up on the dance floor, and when the sax player is in the middle dancing with yours truly, WHILE still playing is no easy feat. Guests could not stop gushing about the wonderful band! My brother wanted to play a special song for me, and the band had no issue handing over a guitar for him to sing and play such a sweet song. We were singing, laughing and dancing up until the very last minute! The band really, really made the night memorable! It was 10,000% worth hiring a band! I would recommend any of them in a heart beat! Are we sure we cannot give them higher than 5 stars?! These guys and girls were seriously an 11!

Profile Picture Shanna, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Engaging the Hal Prince for my daughter’s wedding was a great choice. Not only did we get Jay Prince as our Band Leader but Jill Prince was also part of the team. As for the Jay and the Band, our guests are still talking about them. In addition to being up-beat and talented musicians, the sound quality was fantastic. I hate going to weddings, where you can’t hear. Somehow Jay manages to play at sound volumes that clearly inspire the crowd to get up and boogie but that is not so loud that people cannot converse. Jay and the Band can play anything you want to hear on your special day their set list is quite extensive. Our directive was that all the music had to popular and recognizable by our guests of all ages. Every song played was someone’s favorite song. Their covers are simply amazing. We went for the 12 piece band that included several singers and an incredible horn section. I wish I could listen and dance to such a great band every weekend. Jay is also a great emcee. He is charisma personified. Putting your affair in Jay’s hands is a good idea. He is fun and enthusiastic. That is also important during the planning aspect of your function. The process should be fun and not an ordeal. Jay made it a joyful time for us.

It was my good fortune to hook up with Jill Prince as well. Jill put together the visual embodiment of what we wanted for my daughter’s wedding. She suggested a lighting and décor package that I had not seen before. It drove home the message of summer and happiness that we wanted to convey. She arranged for fabulous furniture rentals, incredible lighting and a monogrammed white dance floor that made the room magical. She is familiar with a wide variety of venues and vendors. She is a pleasure to work with and our wedding would not have been as magnificent as it was without her!

Profile Picture Carol, 6/25/16, 3 Reviews

Jay and everyone in the Hal Prince wedding band were perfect! They were easy to work with, professional, and kept the energy up at our wedding the whole time. The music was the perfect mix of pop and oldies and it was so great that everyone has been asking us who our band was.

Profile Picture User6573966, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews