Hal Prince Music and Entertainment Reviews

Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 5
Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 6
Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 7

Dj Pearson · Getting married on 02/20/2020

Best band ever! Everyone danced all night.

The variety of music, along with their personality and showmanship keep everyone engaged, dancing, singing and having a fantastic time.

Sent on 11/09/2018
  • Nanci

Nanci Grant · Married on 08/03/2019

The Crème de la Crème!

The Hal Prince Orchestra

When my husband and I were planning our wedding, we knew we wanted to have a live band. We’re both 62 years old, and both lovers of the bands with horn sections from our youth. As we are not young newlyweds, and as my husband was a classical clarinetist, and I a singer in my past, the idea of a DJ just didn’t seem right. We looked on-line at a few different bands through various wedding websites and knew we were looking for an EXTRAORDINARY band for our wedding. I made one phone call to my friend Carolee Goodgold — a fantastic professional singer in her own right who knows a gazillion musicians and singers, and asked her for her personal recommendation: The Hal Prince
    Orchestra. Period.

She put me in touch with Jay Prince, who is a colleague and friend. We spoke, we texted, we emailed, spoke some more, and I felt like like he was a long lost friend, or a guy I grew up with because of his openness, accessibility, humor, and chill attitude. We talked about the type of music that resonated with us, ( Motown, of course) and other contemporary artists and/or songs that we also liked. Our list was sent to him after we met, and we were off and running.

In addition, we had another request. I gave my daughter, (a fantastic singer and actor) the option as my maid-of-honor to either give a speech or to sing a song of my choosing. She chose the song. Jay could not have been more accommodating when it came to helping my daughter to rehearse with the band’s piano player. My daughter killed it, the song brought the house down. It was the first of several throughout the night.

Jay helped us figure out how to get the guests inside the barn gathered around the stage to hear Halle sing. Together, we came up with a plan to have the 3 piece horn section come outside and lead everyone in and around the stage á la New Orleans dirge, to Al Green’s Love and Happiness! It was fantabulous!

I cannot say enough about Jay and the incredible singers and musicians in his roster. There was not one guest who did not comment on how incredible the band was. They are the crème de la crème; the best around, and honestly, made the wedding what it was - beyond fun. I love and respect all 9 of them we had the pleasure to hire and now call our friends.

Nanci Grant and Randy Ment

Sent on 08/18/2019

Donna Guttmann · Married on 07/20/2019

Best Band Ever!

Hal Prince played at my daughters wedding on Saturday. His band is extremely talented. Everyone commented on how fabulous the music was.The dance floor was packed all night long! The wedding was a huge success and he was a major part of that. I would most definitely use him again for future events.

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • samantha

samantha · Married on 06/29/2019

Absolutely Incredible!

When my fiance and I got engaged we both agreed immediately that we wanted to have a band at our wedding. Hal Prince had actually DJ'd my bat mitzvah 14 years prior, so I knew the Jay Prince band would be the perfect choice. Jay, Jill, and Pat were all so wonderful to work with throughout the wedding planning process. The wedding was on a hot and humid day, but the Jay Prince band kept on rockin throughout the night and kept everyone on the dance floor despite all the sweat! Everyone is still raving about the music! I 10000% recommend the Jay Prince Band to anyone looking for a professional, fun, and extremely talented band for your wedding!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • AMS!

Ams! · Married on 06/21/2019

You won't stop raving about the music!

Jay and his band orchestrated and played the most amazing music for our wedding at our home. What was special about Jay was his enthusiasm and ideas on the flow of the music, the experience, the sounds, the selection of the musicians and songs. We wanted different vibes from the welcome reception to ceremony to dinner and dancing - and he brought it on. The sound was perfect. All the musicians were top notch professionals who played with bands like Chicago and more. They were energetic, friendly and had amazing voices. You won't stop smiling.

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle S · Married on 06/08/2019

100% met my expectations!

To me, in planning my wedding music was on my top three MOST important things. And Hal Prince and DJ Steve 100% delivered. DJ Steven matched the type of music genres I wanted for my cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing, even incorporating music from my husband's Haitian culture, to the surprise and pleasure of his family members. DJ Steve also was a great MC, facilitating our announcements, speeches and toasts, and dancing segments. I have had so many guests tell me how great the music was and how they danced the night away. I couldn't have asked for a better company!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Dustin Cairo · Married on 05/26/2019

Incredible performance, lots of energy and great to work with!

My wife and I had an absolutely incredible time at our wedding and in large part to Jay and his band! They kept the party rocking all night long and had the dance floor full the entire night. Our guests raved about their music and the energy they brought.

Jay was extremely easy to work with leading up to the event and was always accessible if we had a question or needed his advice on music selection. We let him know a few specific songs we wanted played and our favorite artists but from there he knew exactly what to play. One specific way Jay and his band went out of their way to make sure our evening was special and showed us they really cared: Our evening was behind schedule due to rain but knowing that my wife and I wanted to maximize dancing at the party Jay let us know that he was going to hold the band eating their dinner in between sets so that as soon as our guests were done with their entrees the band would start playing again. I believe they didn't have dinner until after the party was over at 11PM. If Jay is still playing when we have kids there is no doubt we will hire him for their Bar/Bat Mitzvah's and Weddings!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Angelea · Married on 05/25/2019

Best band ever

Thank you so much for entertaining all of our guests at our wedding! The music was amazing and we loved dancing through the night!!! Thanks again for everything!!!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • F

FATIHA MAKLOUFI · Married on 05/11/2019

Outstanding DJ

Dj Carlos M of Hal Prince did a fantastic job playing music and managing all the entertainment for the wedding celebration. He was easy to work with and a great listener. He rocked us the whole evening!!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Anna Graham · Married on 05/04/2019

Best band ever!

Hal Prince Band totally rocked!!! Everyone (literally all of our guests) have been raving about how awesome they were and we couldn't agree more. We had an absolute blast and can attribute the energy of the band as a main reason our wedding was a success. They totally nailed what we were going for, were responsive to all requests ahead of time and sounded on point from start to finish. They played a variety of music that made guests of all ages hop on the dance floor and never leave and I can honestly say they blew us away the whole night. The only problem was when they had to end as everyone there would have loved more time to continue dancing the night away. They are a truly top notch ensemble and cannot recommend them any higher!

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 11/24/2018

The Best Part of my Wedding

I feel so lucky and blessed to have had the Hal Prince band under the leadership of Jay Prince play at our wedding. They were the highlight of the evening, and truly the best vendor I hired.

Music was one of the top, if not the most important element to me and my husband. I am a professional musician as were several of my guests, and even with our very high standards Jay and his band still managed to blow us away!

The entire wedding guest list was up and dancing the whole evening. My guests and I enjoyed the band so much, that Jay actually had to remind everyone several times to eat their meals!

Working together in planning the music selections was a breeze, Jay is extremely knowledgable and accommodating. In fact, he went the extra mile for us in more ways than one - it is very obvious that he loves what he does and each wedding is very special to him. I was VERY specific in my list of do not plays and with what our music palette would be; which the band fulfilled completely. My dad and mom also had special requests, but Jay was patient and available every step of the way.

As a host of the evening and announcing each special event during the night, they were completely classy and elegant.

The number one detail that all my guests complimented us on was our band - they MADE the evening. I cannot thank Jay and his musicians enough for giving us the wedding of our dreams. Thank you!!

Sent on 04/21/2019
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 8
  • Catherine

Catherine Raia · Married on 10/25/2018

Raia/D’Alessandro Wedfing

10+ Perfection! Attire to performance. Rocked the dance floor. My daughter and new husband were floored the guests absolutely blown away. Every genre played made every guest happy. We had a lot of professional musicians there and they were incredibly impressed. I can’t say enough praises. I’m so happy. You completed the wedding experience to a T! Thank you so much.

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 13
  • Catherine

Catherine Raia · Married on 10/25/2018

Raia/D'Alessandro Wedding 10/25/18

WOW! Amazing entertainment. Absolutely impressed us on every level. Music never stopped. Dancing never stopped. We had many professional musician friends in attendance and it was said that this band was the best they had ever heard. I cannot express enough our gratitude, to you and your colleagues, for enhancing our wedding experience in the way you all did. You over exceed our expectations of 'the band experience'. BLOWN AWAY is putting it mildly. You YouTube videos do not do the experience justice. You are far better, in person, than what we had seen. Your attention to detail was spot on. From set up to the sound guy we were impressed. And your singers??!! OMG what a voice! She rocked it. I was especially impressed how you took modern songs and made them your own. Every genre played, every guest happy, every penny worth it. If I could give a higher rating than a 10+ I absolutely would. Thank you so much for completing our experience. Oh and you all dressed amazingly! Just sayin. LOL

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 14
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 15

C. Ditrani · Married on 10/25/2018

Ultimate professionals!

What more could you ask for when the dance floor is packed the whole evening. This band is filled with real pros who know how to get and keep a party going! Very cool bunch of musicians I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Alejandro D’Alessandro · Married on 10/25/2018

Awesome band , very happy :)

They did a great job! Very pleased! All our guest loved the band :) would def recommend

Sent on 11/11/2018

Nicole · Married on 10/25/2018

This band was everything we expected and more!

Amazing band! Kept my guest on the dance floor the entire time!!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Beth Zafonte · Married on 10/20/2018

Best in class

I recommend this band in a heartbeat. First in class in all aspects of our experience. This was one piece of the wedding puzzle that we never had to worry about - not once. Our guests were over the top complimentary of the band. Flawless is the word I would use to describe the experience of hiring these professional artists. Thank you Jay and the band for your magic.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Adam Arnoldt · Married on 10/05/2018

Excellent band

Hal Prince Music made our wedding perfect. I still have guest telling me how great they played. It was one of those weddings that people wanted to stay to dance after it was over. This was primarily due to how awesome they played.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Kevin Sacco · Married on 07/27/2018

Unbelievable - will not regret!

Hal Prince performed at my wedding this year and absolutely killed it! Jay was incredible to work with, making time to discuss exactly what we wanted, even offering to learn new songs that we wanted. Jay and I even regularly exchanged text messages leading up to our wedding day to get the last details in order. I am a big fan of live music and the entire band was excellent and the sound was amazing down to the last band member. True professionals. Our wedding guests still tell us how awesome our wedding band was to this day. Could not be more pleased with Hal Prince. You will not regret it!

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Samantha

Samantha Sacco · Married on 07/27/2018

Top Notch Wedding Band!

Hal Prince was amazing to work with! My husband is really into live music, so we both wanted a live band for our wedding, and we wouldn't have had it any other way. Jay and his team were very easy to communicate with and they were very detail oriented. We were able to meet with Jay in person a few times before our wedding to discuss what we wanted and he was very responsive to emails, especially with our requests for additional songs. Hal Prince even learned a new song for us and let my husband and father sing with them at our wedding! They kept our guests dancing all night long and we still have friends and family talking to us about how great Hal Prince was! Hal Prince not only sounds amazing, but they are very personable and make you feel at ease. There are so many factors to consider and review for a wedding, but I really didn't have to worry about the band because Hal Prince really does take care of it all for you and they're the best!

Sent on 11/03/2018
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 16
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 17
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 18
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 19

Sarah · Married on 07/07/2018

BRAVO! Jay, Jill, Steve and the whole team, incredible! Your hospitality and talent is indescribable. I could not have imagined a better playlist for our wedding. From the initial meeting to the execution of the event; Hal Prince nailed it from start to finish! They knew how to read the crowd, while taking all of our requests and suggestions into account. We are STILL getting numerous compliments on our DJ and music!!! Thanks again to the Hal Prince team and our DJ, STEVE!!!!

Incredible and highly recommended!

Sent on 08/27/2018
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 20
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 21

Bill · Married on 06/22/2018

Super easy to make arrangements with and the music was PERFECT! They REALLY got the crowd dancing!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Ronelle · event on 06/06/2018

My daughter's Bat Mitzvah was FABULOUS! Everyone and everything Hal Prince provided for event-- MC Mel, DJ Carlos, the dancers, magician (Will), the modular stage, the dancefloor giveaways-- was EXCELLENT.

MC Mel, DJ Carlos, & the dancers really could not have done a better job at making our party the most fun ever. Our guests had the best time and our dance floor was always packed. We also got so many comments about how awesome Will the magician was.

Jill Prince was so wonderful to work with. She was always attentive to every request and did not miss a single detail when it came to our entertainment needs. We could not have been more thrilled with the way everything turned out!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Josephine · Married on 06/01/2018

Hal Prince Band - One of the best decisions we made for the reception! Jay and the band were spectacular and everyone loved them. They kept the reception lively and made it entertaining for all. We are still receiving wonderful compliments weeks later about their performance. Can't say enough about them, they are an absolute MUST to have as entertainment!!! Additionally, Jay was extremely easy to work with and made great suggestions - a real pro.

Sent on 08/04/2018