Hal Prince Music and Entertainment Reviews

Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 5
Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 6
Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 7

Dj Pearson · Getting married on 02/20/2020

Best band ever! Everyone danced all night.

The variety of music, along with their personality and showmanship keep everyone engaged, dancing, singing and having a fantastic time.

Sent on 11/09/2018
  • F

FATIHA MAKLOUFI · Married on 05/11/2019

Outstanding DJ

Dj Carlos M of Hal Prince did a fantastic job playing music and managing all the entertainment for the wedding celebration. He was easy to work with and a great listener. He rocked us the whole evening!!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Anna Graham · Married on 05/04/2019

Best band ever!

Hal Prince Band totally rocked!!! Everyone (literally all of our guests) have been raving about how awesome they were and we couldn't agree more. We had an absolute blast and can attribute the energy of the band as a main reason our wedding was a success. They totally nailed what we were going for, were responsive to all requests ahead of time and sounded on point from start to finish. They played a variety of music that made guests of all ages hop on the dance floor and never leave and I can honestly say they blew us away the whole night. The only problem was when they had to end as everyone there would have loved more time to continue dancing the night away. They are a truly top notch ensemble and cannot recommend them any higher!

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 11/24/2018

The Best Part of my Wedding

I feel so lucky and blessed to have had the Hal Prince band under the leadership of Jay Prince play at our wedding. They were the highlight of the evening, and truly the best vendor I hired.

Music was one of the top, if not the most important element to me and my husband. I am a professional musician as were several of my guests, and even with our very high standards Jay and his band still managed to blow us away!

The entire wedding guest list was up and dancing the whole evening. My guests and I enjoyed the band so much, that Jay actually had to remind everyone several times to eat their meals!

Working together in planning the music selections was a breeze, Jay is extremely knowledgable and accommodating. In fact, he went the extra mile for us in more ways than one - it is very obvious that he loves what he does and each wedding is very special to him. I was VERY specific in my list of do not plays and with what our music palette would be; which the band fulfilled completely. My dad and mom also had special requests, but Jay was patient and available every step of the way.

As a host of the evening and announcing each special event during the night, they were completely classy and elegant.

The number one detail that all my guests complimented us on was our band - they MADE the evening. I cannot thank Jay and his musicians enough for giving us the wedding of our dreams. Thank you!!

Sent on 04/21/2019
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 8
  • Catherine

Catherine Raia · Married on 10/25/2018

Raia/D’Alessandro Wedfing

10+ Perfection! Attire to performance. Rocked the dance floor. My daughter and new husband were floored the guests absolutely blown away. Every genre played made every guest happy. We had a lot of professional musicians there and they were incredibly impressed. I can’t say enough praises. I’m so happy. You completed the wedding experience to a T! Thank you so much.

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 13
  • Catherine

Catherine Raia · Married on 10/25/2018

Raia/D'Alessandro Wedding 10/25/18

WOW! Amazing entertainment. Absolutely impressed us on every level. Music never stopped. Dancing never stopped. We had many professional musician friends in attendance and it was said that this band was the best they had ever heard. I cannot express enough our gratitude, to you and your colleagues, for enhancing our wedding experience in the way you all did. You over exceed our expectations of 'the band experience'. BLOWN AWAY is putting it mildly. You YouTube videos do not do the experience justice. You are far better, in person, than what we had seen. Your attention to detail was spot on. From set up to the sound guy we were impressed. And your singers??!! OMG what a voice! She rocked it. I was especially impressed how you took modern songs and made them your own. Every genre played, every guest happy, every penny worth it. If I could give a higher rating than a 10+ I absolutely would. Thank you so much for completing our experience. Oh and you all dressed amazingly! Just sayin. LOL

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 14
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 15

C. Ditrani · Married on 10/25/2018

Ultimate professionals!

What more could you ask for when the dance floor is packed the whole evening. This band is filled with real pros who know how to get and keep a party going! Very cool bunch of musicians I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Alejandro D’Alessandro · Married on 10/25/2018

Awesome band , very happy :)

They did a great job! Very pleased! All our guest loved the band :) would def recommend

Sent on 11/11/2018

Nicole · Married on 10/25/2018

This band was everything we expected and more!

Amazing band! Kept my guest on the dance floor the entire time!!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Beth Zafonte · Married on 10/20/2018

Best in class

I recommend this band in a heartbeat. First in class in all aspects of our experience. This was one piece of the wedding puzzle that we never had to worry about - not once. Our guests were over the top complimentary of the band. Flawless is the word I would use to describe the experience of hiring these professional artists. Thank you Jay and the band for your magic.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Adam Arnoldt · Married on 10/05/2018

Excellent band

Hal Prince Music made our wedding perfect. I still have guest telling me how great they played. It was one of those weddings that people wanted to stay to dance after it was over. This was primarily due to how awesome they played.

Sent on 10/25/2018

stephanie · event on: 04/20/2018

Hal Prince services were amazing! Mel made our party, the adults were calling him the kid whisperer. he was kind, thoughtful and made us all feel wonderful. The DJ was super accommodating, especially when after he was all set up, I had to move his location! the dancers were awesome and keep the party dancing. I would use them again and again. Jill helped de-stress me and helped with flow when I was unable to know exactly what to do. I loved that Mel came to the meeting to meet us and see the location, that helped put me at ease as well!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Kevin Sacco · Married on 07/27/2018

Unbelievable - will not regret!

Hal Prince performed at my wedding this year and absolutely killed it! Jay was incredible to work with, making time to discuss exactly what we wanted, even offering to learn new songs that we wanted. Jay and I even regularly exchanged text messages leading up to our wedding day to get the last details in order. I am a big fan of live music and the entire band was excellent and the sound was amazing down to the last band member. True professionals. Our wedding guests still tell us how awesome our wedding band was to this day. Could not be more pleased with Hal Prince. You will not regret it!

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Samantha

Samantha Sacco · Married on 07/27/2018

Top Notch Wedding Band!

Hal Prince was amazing to work with! My husband is really into live music, so we both wanted a live band for our wedding, and we wouldn't have had it any other way. Jay and his team were very easy to communicate with and they were very detail oriented. We were able to meet with Jay in person a few times before our wedding to discuss what we wanted and he was very responsive to emails, especially with our requests for additional songs. Hal Prince even learned a new song for us and let my husband and father sing with them at our wedding! They kept our guests dancing all night long and we still have friends and family talking to us about how great Hal Prince was! Hal Prince not only sounds amazing, but they are very personable and make you feel at ease. There are so many factors to consider and review for a wedding, but I really didn't have to worry about the band because Hal Prince really does take care of it all for you and they're the best!

Sent on 11/03/2018
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 16
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 17
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 18
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 19

Sarah · Married on 07/07/2018

BRAVO! Jay, Jill, Steve and the whole team, incredible! Your hospitality and talent is indescribable. I could not have imagined a better playlist for our wedding. From the initial meeting to the execution of the event; Hal Prince nailed it from start to finish! They knew how to read the crowd, while taking all of our requests and suggestions into account. We are STILL getting numerous compliments on our DJ and music!!! Thanks again to the Hal Prince team and our DJ, STEVE!!!!

Incredible and highly recommended!

Sent on 08/27/2018
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 20
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 21

Bill · Married on 06/22/2018

Super easy to make arrangements with and the music was PERFECT! They REALLY got the crowd dancing!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Josephine · Married on 06/01/2018

Hal Prince Band - One of the best decisions we made for the reception! Jay and the band were spectacular and everyone loved them. They kept the reception lively and made it entertaining for all. We are still receiving wonderful compliments weeks later about their performance. Can't say enough about them, they are an absolute MUST to have as entertainment!!! Additionally, Jay was extremely easy to work with and made great suggestions - a real pro.

Sent on 08/04/2018

Caitlin · Married on 06/01/2018

The only vendor my fiancee and I struggled with agreeing on booking was our music - he wanted a DJ, and I wanted a live band - after going back and forth, we booked a live band through Hal Prince - "The Jay Prince Band". We are SO happy we chose them, and those who were initially skeptical on having a live band, ended up eating their words! Jay and Jill Prince are extremely responsive, friendly, down to earth, and genuine throughout the whole planning process. They do everything they can to ensure you're happy with the plan, and made great suggestions along the way. We also used them to rent TV screens and have their tech play our slideshow - I loved how they asked for the slideshow a week in advance to do some tests to make sure everything would go smoothly. Just goes to show they cover all bases and know what's needed to ensure a flawless night.
    The night of our wedding was perfection - they had the dance floor going all night, had a professional and picturesque set-up, and easily maneuvered through the different genres of music we requested. One of the best parts was when Jay got on the dance floor for a guitar solo - it was so fun, our guests went crazy! The night was our dream wedding - and a huge part was due to Jay & his band - we are so grateful to them. So many people commented to us how they've never seen a bride & groom dance so much at their own wedding - but when you book Hal Prince, how can you not? If you want a professional but FUN band for your wedding - look no further. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

Sent on 06/19/2018

mytra · Married on 05/05/2018

As the saying goes, the 3 most important things for any wedding are food, drink and music. With the Hal Prince Band led by Jay and Jill Prince, you will knock the music element out of the park. At our wedding, the 8 piece band was so good that A) some people thought we were listening to the radio and B) our relatives that we have never seen dance before were on the dance floor grooving! Jay and Jill were exceptionally professional and their services were worth every penny. If I were to plan my wedding again, I would go with the Hal Prince Band in a heartbeat. A little more than 1 month since our wedding and we STILL have people talking about our band. Thanks Jay and Jill!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Sarah · Married on 04/27/2018

From the moment we reached out to Hal Prince, we knew they were the perfect fit for our wedding. Not only was our venue on portrayed on their event page, but since the first meeting with Pat we knew they were right for us. The Jay Prince Band completely ROCKED our wedding. Everyone was dancing from the minute they started to the very end of the night. We took advantage and used Hal Prince for our ceremony and cocktail hour music, as well as their awesome photo booth! Jay and his band were were a hit with every guest! We received so many compliments saying it was the best wedding ever and the music made it so. We loved the energy Jay brought to our special day, it truly would not have been so amazing without him!! SO FUN!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Renae · Married on 04/20/2018

Working with the Hal Prince Music and Entertainment group was a pleasure. I was referred to Jill Prince who immediately understood my needs in choosing a band for my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception in NYC. The entire process was stress free, as Jill took care of everything. A classical guitarist was used for the small ceremony, and a 4-piece band was chosen for the reception at a restaurant. Both choices were perfect for the venues, and several guests commented on the quality of the music. I would definitely use them again for any future needs and gladly recommend them.
    Thank you to everyone at Hall Prince for making it a perfect evening.

Sent on 04/23/2018

Stephanie · Married on 10/22/2017

Steve was an awesome DJ! He truly tuned into the room and played the perfect music at the best timing throughout our Wedding Reception. We got a lot of compliments on how much fun our Reception was. Additionally, the guitarist who played for our Ceremony was amazing and overall working with Pat at Hal Prince was wonderful as Pat was incredibly responsive and easy to work with. I would definitely work with them again in the future!

Sent on 10/30/2017
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 10/20/2017

When I asked around for suggestions on a wedding band, I asked a TON of people. Not because I'm indecisive (actually, that's exactly what it was!) but I'm a receptionist and shmoozing is what I do! One thing was consistent--I only got one band's name. ONE! Hal Prince/Jay Prince Band.

Being of the internet generation, I stalked all social media before I committed my time to a meeting. Yet, my stalking wasn't juicy enough and led me wanting more information since they were so highly recommended, and I set up a meeting in their Kisco office late after work on a weekday (very accommodating). Pat was super responsive via email!

Upon meeting Jay we were floored by his energy and passion! He clearly loves music of every kind, loves what he's doing, and knows how to throw a good party. He showed us band videos and took the time to get to know us as a couple, us as music fans, our family's likes, and what WE wanted. He had questionnaires that laid everything out of us, and offered suggestions from a wide array of genres for ceremony music to the cake cutting songs so that the music reflected US and not another copy/paste wedding. He also honored a sentimental request; we had a recording of my husband's late father singing, and he was able to play it during the reception. It was such a beautiful moment, and we were so happy he came up with the idea to fold it in to the night seamlessly.

To sum up the evening, everyone young and old tore up the dance floor--and they weren't just dancing to dance, they were LOVING it, and as a couple we couldn't have asked for more than that! We asked for a good blend of top 40 and classics, and we gave him 5 of our favorite artists to guide him toward our taste. He NAILED it! Thank you so much to Jay and the Band, you all made a magical night rock!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Alexis · Married on 09/17/2017

Jay and his team really put on a show. They were so fun to work with, so flexible and offered amazing suggestions. Multiple guests came up to me and my husband saying it was the most fun they have had at a wedding in a long time. We could not agree more, we had a blast. We all know music makes a wedding, look no further than Hal Prince!

Sent on 09/20/2017