Hal Prince Music and Entertainment Reviews

99 | Mount Kisco, NY

99 Reviews for Hal Prince Music and Entertainment

99 Hal Prince Music and Entertainment Reviews

Dj Pearson · Getting married on 02/20/2020

Best band ever! Everyone danced all night.

The variety of music, along with their personality and showmanship keep everyone engaged, dancing, singing and having a fantastic time.

• Catherine

Catherine Raia · Married on 10/25/2018

Raia/D’Alessandro Wedfing

10+ Perfection! Attire to performance. Rocked the dance floor. My daughter and new husband were floored the guests absolutely blown away. Every genre played made every guest happy. We had a lot of professional musicians there and they were incredibly impressed. I can’t say enough praises. I’m so happy. You completed the wedding experience to a T! Thank you so much.

Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 1
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 2
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 3
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 4
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 5
  • Catherine

Catherine Raia · Married on 10/25/2018

Raia/D'Alessandro Wedding 10/25/18

WOW! Amazing entertainment. Absolutely impressed us on every level. Music never stopped. Dancing never stopped. We had many professional musician friends in attendance and it was said that this band was the best they had ever heard. I cannot express enough our gratitude, to you and your colleagues, for enhancing our wedding experience in the way you all did. You over exceed our expectations of 'the band experience'. BLOWN AWAY is putting it mildly. You YouTube videos do not do the experience justice. You are far better, in person, than what we had seen. Your attention to detail was spot on. From set up to the sound guy we were impressed. And your singers??!! OMG what a voice! She rocked it. I was especially impressed how you took modern songs and made them your own. Every genre played, every guest happy, every penny worth it. If I could give a higher rating than a 10+ I absolutely would. Thank you so much for completing our experience. Oh and you all dressed amazingly! Just sayin. LOL

Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 6
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 7

C. Ditrani · Married on 10/25/2018

Ultimate professionals!

What more could you ask for when the dance floor is packed the whole evening. This band is filled with real pros who know how to get and keep a party going! Very cool bunch of musicians I highly recommend!

Alejandro D’Alessandro · Married on 10/25/2018

Awesome band , very happy :)

They did a great job! Very pleased! All our guest loved the band :) would def recommend

Nicole · Married on 10/25/2018

This band was everything we expected and more!

Amazing band! Kept my guest on the dance floor the entire time!!

Beth Zafonte · Married on 10/20/2018

Best in class

I recommend this band in a heartbeat. First in class in all aspects of our experience. This was one piece of the wedding puzzle that we never had to worry about - not once. Our guests were over the top complimentary of the band. Flawless is the word I would use to describe the experience of hiring these professional artists. Thank you Jay and the band for your magic.

Adam Arnoldt · Married on 10/05/2018

Excellent band

Hal Prince Music made our wedding perfect. I still have guest telling me how great they played. It was one of those weddings that people wanted to stay to dance after it was over. This was primarily due to how awesome they played.

stephanie · event on: 04/20/2018

Hal Prince services were amazing! Mel made our party, the adults were calling him the kid whisperer. he was kind, thoughtful and made us all feel wonderful. The DJ was super accommodating, especially when after he was all set up, I had to move his location! the dancers were awesome and keep the party dancing. I would use them again and again. Jill helped de-stress me and helped with flow when I was unable to know exactly what to do. I loved that Mel came to the meeting to meet us and see the location, that helped put me at ease as well!

Kevin Sacco · Married on 07/27/2018

Unbelievable - will not regret!

Hal Prince performed at my wedding this year and absolutely killed it! Jay was incredible to work with, making time to discuss exactly what we wanted, even offering to learn new songs that we wanted. Jay and I even regularly exchanged text messages leading up to our wedding day to get the last details in order. I am a big fan of live music and the entire band was excellent and the sound was amazing down to the last band member. True professionals. Our wedding guests still tell us how awesome our wedding band was to this day. Could not be more pleased with Hal Prince. You will not regret it!

• Samantha

Samantha Sacco · Married on 07/27/2018

Top Notch Wedding Band!

Hal Prince was amazing to work with! My husband is really into live music, so we both wanted a live band for our wedding, and we wouldn't have had it any other way. Jay and his team were very easy to communicate with and they were very detail oriented. We were able to meet with Jay in person a few times before our wedding to discuss what we wanted and he was very responsive to emails, especially with our requests for additional songs. Hal Prince even learned a new song for us and let my husband and father sing with them at our wedding! They kept our guests dancing all night long and we still have friends and family talking to us about how great Hal Prince was! Hal Prince not only sounds amazing, but they are very personable and make you feel at ease. There are so many factors to consider and review for a wedding, but I really didn't have to worry about the band because Hal Prince really does take care of it all for you and they're the best!

Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 8
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 9
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 10
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 11

Sarah · Married on 07/07/2018

BRAVO! Jay, Jill, Steve and the whole team, incredible! Your hospitality and talent is indescribable. I could not have imagined a better playlist for our wedding. From the initial meeting to the execution of the event; Hal Prince nailed it from start to finish! They knew how to read the crowd, while taking all of our requests and suggestions into account. We are STILL getting numerous compliments on our DJ and music!!! Thanks again to the Hal Prince team and our DJ, STEVE!!!!

Incredible and highly recommended!

Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 12
    Hal Prince Music and Entertainment 13

Bill · Married on 06/22/2018

Super easy to make arrangements with and the music was PERFECT! They REALLY got the crowd dancing!

Josephine · Married on 06/01/2018

Hal Prince Band - One of the best decisions we made for the reception! Jay and the band were spectacular and everyone loved them. They kept the reception lively and made it entertaining for all. We are still receiving wonderful compliments weeks later about their performance. Can't say enough about them, they are an absolute MUST to have as entertainment!!! Additionally, Jay was extremely easy to work with and made great suggestions - a real pro.

Caitlin · Married on 06/01/2018

The only vendor my fiancee and I struggled with agreeing on booking was our music - he wanted a DJ, and I wanted a live band - after going back and forth, we booked a live band through Hal Prince - "The Jay Prince Band". We are SO happy we chose them, and those who were initially skeptical on having a live band, ended up eating their words! Jay and Jill Prince are extremely responsive, friendly, down to earth, and genuine throughout the whole planning process. They do everything they can to ensure you're happy with the plan, and made great suggestions along the way. We also used them to rent TV screens and have their tech play our slideshow - I loved how they asked for the slideshow a week in advance to do some tests to make sure everything would go smoothly. Just goes to show they cover all bases and know what's needed to ensure a flawless night.
    The night of our wedding was perfection - they had the dance floor going all night, had a professional and picturesque set-up, and easily maneuvered through the different genres of music we requested. One of the best parts was when Jay got on the dance floor for a guitar solo - it was so fun, our guests went crazy! The night was our dream wedding - and a huge part was due to Jay & his band - we are so grateful to them. So many people commented to us how they've never seen a bride & groom dance so much at their own wedding - but when you book Hal Prince, how can you not? If you want a professional but FUN band for your wedding - look no further. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

mytra · Married on 05/05/2018

As the saying goes, the 3 most important things for any wedding are food, drink and music. With the Hal Prince Band led by Jay and Jill Prince, you will knock the music element out of the park. At our wedding, the 8 piece band was so good that A) some people thought we were listening to the radio and B) our relatives that we have never seen dance before were on the dance floor grooving! Jay and Jill were exceptionally professional and their services were worth every penny. If I were to plan my wedding again, I would go with the Hal Prince Band in a heartbeat. A little more than 1 month since our wedding and we STILL have people talking about our band. Thanks Jay and Jill!

Sarah · Married on 04/27/2018

From the moment we reached out to Hal Prince, we knew they were the perfect fit for our wedding. Not only was our venue on portrayed on their event page, but since the first meeting with Pat we knew they were right for us. The Jay Prince Band completely ROCKED our wedding. Everyone was dancing from the minute they started to the very end of the night. We took advantage and used Hal Prince for our ceremony and cocktail hour music, as well as their awesome photo booth! Jay and his band were were a hit with every guest! We received so many compliments saying it was the best wedding ever and the music made it so. We loved the energy Jay brought to our special day, it truly would not have been so amazing without him!! SO FUN!

Renae · Married on 04/20/2018

Working with the Hal Prince Music and Entertainment group was a pleasure. I was referred to Jill Prince who immediately understood my needs in choosing a band for my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception in NYC. The entire process was stress free, as Jill took care of everything. A classical guitarist was used for the small ceremony, and a 4-piece band was chosen for the reception at a restaurant. Both choices were perfect for the venues, and several guests commented on the quality of the music. I would definitely use them again for any future needs and gladly recommend them.
    Thank you to everyone at Hall Prince for making it a perfect evening.

Stephanie · Married on 10/22/2017

Steve was an awesome DJ! He truly tuned into the room and played the perfect music at the best timing throughout our Wedding Reception. We got a lot of compliments on how much fun our Reception was. Additionally, the guitarist who played for our Ceremony was amazing and overall working with Pat at Hal Prince was wonderful as Pat was incredibly responsive and easy to work with. I would definitely work with them again in the future!

• Heather

Heather · Married on 10/20/2017

When I asked around for suggestions on a wedding band, I asked a TON of people. Not because I'm indecisive (actually, that's exactly what it was!) but I'm a receptionist and shmoozing is what I do! One thing was consistent--I only got one band's name. ONE! Hal Prince/Jay Prince Band.

Being of the internet generation, I stalked all social media before I committed my time to a meeting. Yet, my stalking wasn't juicy enough and led me wanting more information since they were so highly recommended, and I set up a meeting in their Kisco office late after work on a weekday (very accommodating). Pat was super responsive via email!

Upon meeting Jay we were floored by his energy and passion! He clearly loves music of every kind, loves what he's doing, and knows how to throw a good party. He showed us band videos and took the time to get to know us as a couple, us as music fans, our family's likes, and what WE wanted. He had questionnaires that laid everything out of us, and offered suggestions from a wide array of genres for ceremony music to the cake cutting songs so that the music reflected US and not another copy/paste wedding. He also honored a sentimental request; we had a recording of my husband's late father singing, and he was able to play it during the reception. It was such a beautiful moment, and we were so happy he came up with the idea to fold it in to the night seamlessly.

To sum up the evening, everyone young and old tore up the dance floor--and they weren't just dancing to dance, they were LOVING it, and as a couple we couldn't have asked for more than that! We asked for a good blend of top 40 and classics, and we gave him 5 of our favorite artists to guide him toward our taste. He NAILED it! Thank you so much to Jay and the Band, you all made a magical night rock!

Alexis · Married on 09/17/2017

Jay and his team really put on a show. They were so fun to work with, so flexible and offered amazing suggestions. Multiple guests came up to me and my husband saying it was the most fun they have had at a wedding in a long time. We could not agree more, we had a blast. We all know music makes a wedding, look no further than Hal Prince!

Joseph · Married on 08/12/2017

Jay Prince & his band played at our wedding in mid-August 2017 and they were incredible. We could not have been happier from the time we selected them to the final note of the last song. They were professional, communicative, and flexible during the planning process. On the night of our wedding they played with so much enthusiasm and skill. Notably, they nailed our playlist and stuck with the overall style that we requested. We had countless guests comment on how great the band was, both during and after the wedding - and we agree! They were a major highlight and we are so happy that we chose them.

Julie · Married on 08/05/2017

In searching for a great and energetic band to play at our August 5 wedding in Westchester County, NY our wedding venue recommended Hal Prince. We are so glad they did! Jill Prince was fabulous and extremely easy to work with. After listening to what we were looking for, she recommended Night Song as the perfect band for us. Perfect they were in every way possible! Their voices were amazing, they sang everything we asked for and had everyone dancing the entire night. Thank you Jill Prince for making our reception so memorable!

Marijela · Married on 07/14/2017

Thank you Hal Prince and specially DJ Steve for a fantastic night! Working with Hal Prince was an amazing experience, from start to finish. Everything was beyond our expectations!!! Music was fantastic. Special thank you to DJ Steve for creating the playlist that kept everyone dancing all night long and putting up with our Serbian music requests. Once again thank you Hal Prince for helping us make our dream come true!!!

Best,