Hair & Makeup by Yisell Santos Reviews

Hair & Makeup by Yisell Santos 5
Hair & Makeup by Yisell Santos 6
Hair & Makeup by Yisell Santos 7

Brittaby · Married on 09/06/2019

Loved my hair and makeup!

I loved working with Yisell! She was very professional and made the whole process of getting ready fun! At my trial she took a lot of notes so that she knew exactly what to do on my wedding day. On my wedding day she showed up with a smile and great energy even though it was very early in the morning !! I loved my wedding look so much and definitely recommend Yisell !

Sent on 09/14/2019

Emily B · Married on 07/06/2019

Loved my look and Yisell

Yisell did an amazing job for my wedding hair and makeup for me and my bridal party. To start off, for my trial, Yisell tried various hair and makeup ideas I had envisioned, and really took my input to heart. I never felt pressured in any way, and she really sought out my feedback. She was super flexible, and also extremely efficient. With the notes she had from the trial, my wedding party (7 total) and I were done with our looks ahead of the schedule she made the morning of the wedding. This was amazing because it started the day off less stressful with a slew of to do’s on any wedding day. Her two secondary artists were amazing as well.

Yisell really focused on making me look like my best self, starting with great skin care, and I looked consistent in person with how I did in the photos, without looking overdone. Yisell is truly an artist, and I recommend her highly for any future clients. She also is just super easy going and hilarious which was a treat on the morning of the big day.

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline Heflin · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful Look!

Yisell and her team did an amazing job on my wedding day! I wanted my look to be as soft as possible since I don't wear too much makeup normally. She made the perfect look to make sure the photos turned out great without the look or feel of too much foundation. My makeup stayed on through the hot sun, happy tears, and lots of dancing. I was extremely impressed and thankful! As an added bonus, she did my mom's makeup too which left the father of the bride speechless. It was definitely a sweet moment to remember! As for the day itself, it was very relaxed and ahead of schedule. It was truly a blessing to feel so calm while we were all getting ready. Overall throughout the whole process with Yisell she was very attentive, professional, and kind. I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Sarah · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing hair and makeup artist

Yisell is amazing! She did my hair and makeup for both my engagement photos and wedding, and is a wonderful, highly skilled artist. She listened to my preferences and input, but also took into account the shooting style of our photographer, making sure I looked great both in person and in pictures. Yisell and her second artist (thank you Sarah!) were ahead of schedule the entire wedding day, which made the morning relaxed and easy. Love her and can’t recommend her enough.

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Niyati

Niyati · Married on 10/01/2018

Definitely Nailed It!

Yisell did an absolutely amazing job with my hair and makeup for my engagement pictures and for two wedding ceremonies. She nailed creating a beautiful and unique look each time! She listens to what you have in mind and delivers that vision. Even more, she is so sweet and genuine and you can tell she really cares about her clients. I truly enjoyed my time sitting in the chair and getting ready. Oh and she is great with moms too! I would definitely recommend Yisell whenever you want to get dolled up!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Anna · Married on 09/29/2018

Wedding Hair and Makeup

I selected Yisell as a hair and makeup artist early in my wedding planning process, at the recommendation of my photographer who had worked with her in the past. I I didn’t realize at the time just how much time my bridesmaids and I would be spending with her on the day of my wedding, but luckily she is a pleasure to work with! I wanted to work with a single vendor for hair and makeup, and Yisell did not disappoint for either.

My trial went very well, and Yisell was very receptive to the minor tweaks I requested, mostly around softening my eye make up, and using brown eyeliner instead of black. I also had some questions about whether I would need extensions prior to the trial (I did) and she provided helpful guidance for how to purchase those.

She is very efficient but never made us feel rushed, and actually finished hair and make up early for us. She was able to work with a variety of hair, from naturally wavy to chin length, and everyone looked great! For 4 of the 5 of us hair held through the night, the only exception was a bridesmaid who selected a more textured style on very silky, thick hair. Makeup was also exceptional. Yisell varied her approach, from a bridesmaid who likes to experiment to my mother-in-law, who wanted everything as light as possible.

Sent on 11/23/2018

Megan · Married on 07/21/2018

Yisell was enthusiastic and friendly from the very first hair and makeup trial to the day of the wedding! She did a great job understanding my style, my sister's style, and the preferences of my mother and mother-in-law. She has a lot of experience and it shows in her application techniques and hair tricks. She was able to perfectly recreate the looks my sister and I showed her in pictures. I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to look their best on their wedding day!

Sent on 08/04/2018
  • starrEknight

Jackie · Married on 04/28/2018

I LOVE this woman! Yisell is amazingly talented at bringing your vision into fruition in a way that honors your inspiration and highlights your unique features. I really wish I could clone her and shrink her to have my makeup and hair done by Yisell whenever needed. My photographer referred me to Yisell for hair and makeup services and I'm so grateful for that. Yisell provided hair and make up for both my engagement photos and wedding day. She took the time to ask about my hair texture and well I hold curl so that she could provide me the proper loose curl/wave for my engagement photos. Then for my wedding day I did an up-do and she allowed me to test out my ability to get down on the dance floor in her workspace during my consultation :) On the day of our wedding she secured my hair so well that it did not budge in the strong winds we had or while I got down on the dance floor all night. Yisell's makeup application had me feeling stunning all day and night! My bridemaids and mother loved being pampered by Yisell as well and I can say they looked amazing! She is fantastic with feedback, for instance I wanted a thinner line along my upper last because of my little eyes and she did it perfectly! I highly, HIGHLY recommend Yisell for makeup and hair services to bring your vision to life while also honoring your natural beauty!

Sent on 06/07/2018
    Hair & Makeup by Yisell Santos 12
    Hair & Makeup by Yisell Santos 13
  • Arthi

Arthi · Married on 04/15/2018

For my makeup trials, Yisell’s expertise was very helpful in guiding me to the final looks I chose for my hair and makeup. She always has a bright smile and has a genuine kindness to her that soothes any concerns a bride might have about her choices for hair and makeup.

During planning, we had to make some adjustments to our day-of schedule and Yisell was great about working with us to adjust her schedule to fit our needs.

The day of, Yisell (and her assistant) did not disappoint. They came to our getting ready location on time and made my bridal party and my mother look absolutely beautiful.

For my own hair and makeup, Yisell made it look flawless and it lasted all night long.

Yisell has a great sense of what the right shades of makeup for different skin tones are. My family has a dark tan complexion and my bridal party and husband (to whom she also applied makeup to, in order to reduce his under-eye circles and give him some color, so he didn’t look as washed out in photographs) all have pale and olive complexions.

And, on the day of, my father had a terrible cold sore come up and her (unscheduled) makeup application to it made it look like he had nothing there at all.

I am so glad that I found Yisell to do my wedding day look, I recommend her to brides in the DMV and I look forward to using her services in the future!

Sent on 04/22/2018
  • Sweet Andi

Andrea · Married on 03/10/2018

Yisell is such a darling to work with! She is very kind, thoughtful, and a general down to earth rock star. Her assistant was wonderful as well. She did so much more than just hair and makeup for the wedding. She gave wonderful advice on skin care leading up to the wedding and even helped me pick out extensions that I could use on my special day. She gave us a emergency makeup care kit for the rest of the evening and waited until the photographer was in full swing until making sure everyone had final touch ups before she left. Would definitely recommend for any event!

Sent on 03/30/2018
    Hair & Makeup by Yisell Santos 14

Victoria · Married on 01/13/2018

Yiselle was wonderful on my wedding day, helping to troubleshoot how to do my hair for the day's crazy windy weather, and making me look beautiful for my husband. We enjoyed our time together and she helped bring together the exact look I was going for on my wedding day!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Hair & Makeup by Yisell Santos's reply:

Thank you Victoria. It was such a pleasure working with you. You and your sister were so sweet. I couldn't have asked for a better start to my wedding season.

Christine · Married on 10/21/2017

Yisell was such a delight to work with. Not only is she super easy to talk to, which made the whole time fun, but she listened to what I wanted, what I would be the most comfortable with, and also took into consideration what would make photographs turn out the best. She knew the photographer and his style, which was great. All of the ladies who had their hair and make-up done came out looking wonderful! I would highly recommend Yisell (and make sure to do a trial in advance!)

Sent on 11/11/2017
    Hair & Makeup by Yisell Santos 15

Hair & Makeup by Yisell Santos's reply:

Christine, you are so sweet. You and your party were such a joy to work with. You guys made my job super easy and your onesies made my day. Thank you so much for including me in your special day. :)

Kristin · Married on 10/13/2017

As someone who is extremely picky about makeup and NEVER gets my makeup done professionally (because I don’t trust anyone to make it look good enough), I cannot believe how happy I am with Yisell and what she did for me the day of my wedding! As early as my trial, I felt completely confident having Yisell take care of my hair and makeup. She inquired about my makeup routines and actively listened as I described my vision for my wedding look. We corresponded via email frequently leading up to the wedding. She sent a detailed beauty schedule for the morning of the wedding, and was flexible in adjusting the times when I had a time change with our transportation. She even walked me through the process of choosing clip-in extensions to make my wedding day updo fuller and more dramatic, a decision I made rather last-minute. The day of the wedding, Yisell and Sarah arrived at my hotel room right on time, took control, and knew exactly where to set up in the room for the best lighting. They were professional, fun, and upbeat and added to the celebratory atmosphere of the whole morning. They both stayed right on schedule, and had my entire bridal entourage looking gorgeous with time to spare. Yisell worked my extensions (which, because of her knowledge and advice, matched my hair color perfectly) into my updo so that you could not tell at all that they were in there, and my makeup was exactly what I had envisioned. Both hair and makeup lasted throughout the entire evening, even after-party bar-hopping and a late-night trip to Wawa! Yisell understood and executed my vision better than any other stylist I have worked with. And nothing beats your brand new husband raving to you all evening about how beautiful you look. I highly recommend Yisell if you want to feel absolutely beautiful and sexy on your wedding day!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Bill and Katherine · Married on 07/22/2017

Yisell was amazing to work with! I don't usually wear a lot of makeup so I was very worried about the makeup for the wedding, but she did such a great job during the trial that it made me feel at ease. I felt very confident with the makeup and it felt so light. I loved my hair style as well, I got married mid July so I was very happy with the style and how well it held up during the blazing heat and during the reception. Thank you so much Yisell!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/24/2017

Yisell is magic. She took someone with fine, short-ish hair who never wears makeup and made wedding hair & makeup feel both natural and beautiful. Although I wanted to wear makeup on my wedding day, I was concerned about finding an artist who would be able to find a balance between making me feel comfortable and like I'd be able to "recognize myself" and yet, look better than a just a normal, typical day (especially in pictures!). Yisell knocked it out of the park. Several of the other women in our group were saying they wish they'd had Yisell at their weddings! I also loved that she listened & respected my concerns; she didn't try to make me something different; but she encouraged me to trust her to do her job. And I'm glad I did!
    She also did hair for an additional 9 women in a variety of styles (up-do's and down-do's) and everyone looked amazing. She was very easy to work with and really patient with the slippery slope of services that just kept creeping up as we got closer to the actual day. She was accommodating and easy going. At the last minute we decided to add a 2nd stylist. Yisell found Sarah and the two of them were excellent. We were on private property, on a family-friend's farm, and it was so great to been in a situation where Yisell & Sarah came to us to have all of those services done. They were a fantastic presence and made everything so much easier.

THANK YOU, YISELL for making me look so fantastic on my wedding day! I can't recommend her enough. If you're getting married in the area, hire her.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Megan · Married on 06/10/2017

Yisell is the best. She's so much fun and so good at what she does. She perfectly recreated my inspiration photos for hair and makeup. As someone who doesn't wear a lot of make up, I was nervous I wouldn't look like myself once I was all made up. On my wedding day my hair and makeup were exactly what I wanted, I looked like myself, and I felt so beautiful, all thanks to Yisell. She also helped make my bridesmaids, mom, and mother-in-law look great!! She really impressed me when she gracefully handled some day of changes in what services one of the girls wanted done. Seriously, hire Yisell, you'll be so glad you did!!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Jane · Married on 05/12/2017

Yisell did hair and makeup for me and my bridal party, and she was amazing! I have a pixie cut and hired her only for my makeup. She was so flexible about traveling and not requiring a minimum to book. My maids and moms ended up getting their hair and makeup done as well! Everyone looked AMAZING. She is so talented and listens to what you want and executes accordingly. She has such a positive energy and is calm under pressure. The best part was, abut 2 days before our wedding my husband got a black eye while playing football. I emailed Yisell with our dilemma, she responded right away with tips about out to reduce bruising and asking for pictures so she could bring the right supplies for cover up. That's right, my husband had to get his makeup done for our wedding. She did a GREAT job, you couldn't even tell he had a black eye or makeup on. I really appreciated her flexibility and effectiveness in a crisis. Don't look any further, book Yisell now!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Natalie · Married on 05/07/2017

I hired Yisell to do my hair and makeup for my wedding, as well as my bridal party! She was absolutely AMAZING! I honestly don't think I would have felt as good as I did on my special day without her help! First of all, she was super easy to work with. I was a bit of a last minute bride and I finally emailed her the week before the wedding to show her some inspiration for what I wanted my hair and makeup to look like. It was no problem at all and I actually kept contacting her throughout the week because my now mother-in-law wanted to add in and have her makeup done. Well, two days later, she also wanted her hair done! Yisell remade the schedule like 5 times to accommodate everyone and made sure everything would work out. She was super easy to work with! Secondly, she does a phenomenal job on hair and makeup! My hair looked exactly like I wanted it to and my makeup was perfect! I felt so great the entire night and the makeup literally lasted until I got home! Also, doing colorguard for most of my life, I'm used to my hair falling out like 2 hours into an event. Nope. My hair stayed in the entire night and looked gorgeous! I can't say enough about how amazing Yisell is and that I am so happy she was apart of my special day! Thank you!! :)

Sent on 05/14/2017
  • ZeldaBride

Courtney · Married on 04/23/2017

It was a serendipitous accident that I met Yisell through our shared fitness studio. After looking over her website (which is super user friendly) and comparing her prices to other makeup artists in the Northern Virginia area, I noticed that she didn't set her prices crazy high like a couple studios I found, making her budget friendly. While she wasn't the most inexpensively priced artist I researched, the quality of her work as shown in her portfolio made up the difference and then some. For my trial, I took some inspiration pictures to her, let her know what I was thinking of, and she made some recommendations that I'm so glad I took - instead of doing just plain, natural looking makeup, we went with a bolder eye shadow and lip color. It was so beautiful, I didn't have to ask for any changes! On the day of, she was able to replicate the same look exactly, plus she also brought me a small emergency kit for touch ups, which included extra lipstick and gloss, q-tips, makeup remover for that night. and under-eye cooling pads for the next day's recovery!

I definitely consider Yisell to be one of, if not *the* best vendor I booked for the day, and I 100% plan to book her services again for makeup shopping and instruction!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Laura · Married on 04/15/2017

Yisell is, hands down, the best hair and makeup artist you’ll find. I first met Yisell when she did my makeup and hair for my bridal portraits, as a trial for my wedding. I really appreciated her flexibility, her responsiveness, and the fact that I could send her pictures on Pinterest of what I had in mind. She even did some research herself and sent me pictures when I told her what look I was going for! Yisell is extremely professional, respectful, enthusiastic and just plain fun to be around! She does an amazing job, she was the first hairstylist to successfully tame my baby curls into a look that I adored, and she respected the fact that I didn't want a lot of makeup. During and after my trial, Yisell was totally open to any thoughts I had and edits and additions I wanted to make, and didn’t take my thoughts personally at all. I could tell she had my best interest at heart, and she wanted me to feel like everything was perfect! And on my wedding day, she arrived early, she was relaxed, she calmed my wedding day nerves, and I found out she had listened to and remembered everything I had asked for during and after the trial. The result really WAS everything I wanted!

I loved my wedding look so much that I trusted her to do my hair for my second wedding (traditionally Chinese)! The second wedding took place in NYC and I couldn’t find anyone to do my hair and makeup so last minute. While she had never been asked such a difficult request, Yisell took me up on my challenge and put my hair in my requested updo the DAY BEFORE the wedding. If you’re worried about your wedding updo staying in, trust me when I say -- it will! I spent more than 24 hours in my updo AND slept on it, and at the wedding, it still looked like it did the first day!

If you want to relieve the stress you are feeling with wedding planning and/or the wedding day jitters, or if you just to hang out with a super fun person who will do excellent work, hire Yisell for your hair and makeup!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Alona · Married on 10/30/2016

Yisell did a wonderful job on the makeup for myself, 3 bridesmaids, my mother in law and my mother, as well as the hair for myself, my sister, and my mother. She was timely, and patient and we had a great time that morning. Without a trial, she did an awesome job on my sister's naturally very curly hair. She was able to redo my mother's hair when asked for a somewhat different style, and it looked great. I was very happy with my hair and makeup, and it lasted through wind outside and a dozen dances that evening. Thanks!

Sent on 11/01/2016
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 08/13/2016

Yisell, was FABULOUS!!!! She was always on time and courteous from our initial consultation, to the trial, to day of. Her prices are reasonable and the results will last well into the end of your wedding day. She did my make up, the make up for my matron of honor, and hair for my mother and four bridesmaids all in about 4 hours. She listens to exactly what you want and works with you to make sure she gets it right. I was worried that from the heat of the day and from crying that my make up would be ruined but she assured me that I would not melt hahaha. She was right, her make up stood up too many tears and 90+ degree weather. I also loved Yisell and recommend her because she is able to do makeup and hair for various skin colors and hair textures. My main concern being an African American woman with a wedding party of various ethnicities was finding someone in what is honestly a very Caucasian centered wedding community in Northern, VA. She assuaged all my worries with her portfolio and years of experience. If you are looking for the best go with Yisell you will not be sorry.

Sent on 08/29/2016

Yisell was a dream come true for makeup!! I was so picky with what I wanted and never met her face to face or even through Skype and she was able to highlight my features exactly as I asked her!
    On top of that, she did six other ladies' makeup with a variety of skin tones (white, Indian, Korean, and eastern European) without ever seeing any of them beforehand. Everyone including me LOVED our makeup and they all lasted the entire night.
    I definitely recommend her to everyone! She was perfect.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Hair & Makeup by Yisell Santos's reply:

It was so incredible being part of your day and even more incredible knowing that I made you look and feel like a goddess. You and your bridal party were amazing. Thank you for trusting me.

I absolutely adore Yisell. She is so wonderful, flexible and talented. She was planning on meeting me at my hotel to do my hair/makeup for my brother in law's wedding. I wasn't in the wedding party, but my husband was the best man, so of course, I had to look good, and for $150, you can't go wrong. Also, I put on a bit of weight since my wedding a year prior and needed the extra morale boost.

Yisell didn't end up meeting me at my hotel. The reason is because I encountered some scheduling craziness with an unexpected funeral happening the next day, so I had to check out early. Yisell offered her home studio as a backup. Her home studio is BEAUTIFUL and WELL LIT!!! Much better than my shabby hotel room. I highly recommend it. Her husband and son spent 95% of the time in their basement while Yisell got to work on me. Her personality is charming and her skills are top notch. She reviewed my Pinterest idea boards in advance and the day of, she was ready to rock. She even has curly hair like mine so she knows what's best. I've had several hair/makeup stylists in my history, and I got the most compliments, by far, from her. When I got a sneak peak of the bridal party they ALL complimented my makeup. I was like, ladies, it ain't my day, you all look great (but probably even better if Yisell did their makeup).

She finished on time. She texted me B&A pics. She helped me get dressed. She made me laugh despite me feeling sad about my Grandmother who just passed. She even played 90s alternative rock music. I never felt better.

I can't recommend Yisell enough. Don't look anywhere else.

Sent on 04/22/2017

Valorie · Married on 10/24/2015

Flawless. And when I tell you flawless, I mean it literally. If you're looking for a makeup artist who works with the precision of a well oiled machine, please contact her. If you're looking for someone who is warm, sweet and has your best interest in mind, please contact her. If you want to walk around looking like you've had the beauty filter app applied to your face in real life, call her! Seriously, just call her. My wedding makeup did not budge through tears, hugs, or an overzealous new husband's cake smashing skills. If I could give her the amount of stars in the galaxy, I would. But, wedding wire allows only five. She's worth every penny! Thank you for the memories, Yisell!

Sent on 10/26/2015