Hagley Museum and Library Reviews

Hagley Museum and Library 1
  • Suzanne

Suzanne Bauer · Married on 04/06/2019

Professional service, beautiful venue

We recently had a smaller wedding (72 guests) at Hagley with the ceremony and reception on-site at the Soda House. The day was perfect from start to finish! I worked closely with Alisha, the events manager, and couldn’t have done it without her and the on-site manager, Bob. The venue/building is beautiful for a wedding less than 100 guests with a great price point. I would absolutely recommend Hagley for your wedding!! Service and location is terrific!

Hagley Museum and Library 2
    Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Tallah

Lital · Married on 10/22/2017

The moment we stepped out on the patio we knew we were in love with Hagley. The first thing I have to mention is what an amazing value it is. The Soda House and grounds are absolutely gorgeous. We knew all of our guests would just not be able to stop oohing and ahhing and we were right. We were hearing for days how beautiful it all was. I can't even begin to describe how our wedding photos look like a fairy tale. Heather and Dot were absolutely amazing and professional, so responsive. They were able to answer all of our questions, found my photographer when she got lost, and were available at every turn. The Soda House was a beautiful place to get ready at, the deck out front was perfect for the cocktail hour and most wonderful of all was the spot where we had our reception, down by the river. The staff here really does work seamlessly together and I couldn't be happier to have gotten married here.

Sent on 04/24/2018

lauren · Married on 05/14/2016

Our wedding at Hagley was wonderful! Heather and her staff were so nice and accommodating (and so great to work with)! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for venue a non traditional wedding venue where you can take amazing wedding photos.

Sent on 05/26/2016

Hagley was the perfect setting for our wedding! Heather and her team were super helpful in creating the perfect day. They are flexible and open to new ideas. Working with them we were able to incorporate some new features that really brought it all to the next level - we shuttled our guests to the visitor's center, where they transferred to Hagley buses for a short tour of the grounds. It was a wonderful touch for our out of town guests. We also worked with Toscana (the exclusive caterer) to bring in vintage rentals for a rustic, romantic setting that really optimized the space provided. I can easily say that between the two vendors, there were no headaches I was sure would come my way during planning process! They really made it all happen for us with no stress!

Sent on 11/24/2015
  • Jennalee

Jennalee · Married on 10/24/2015

Mike and I absolutely loved our venue at Hagley! Heather and Dot were wonderful and super sweet people to work with. They also were very professional and a lot of help the day of the wedding. The venue and even the catering staff were awesome. I really have no complaints on anything that they did. It was relaxing and less stress on Mike and I. I think they enjoyed our day as much as we did and we would recommend to all our friends! :)

Sent on 11/05/2015

My wedding at Hagley was PERFECT! The team at Hagley responded to all of my questions and did everything they could to field all of our requests. The garden was absolutely gorgeous for our ceremony, and the Soda House was a wonderful choice for the reception. It was lovely having the cocktail hour outside. Toscana did an amazing job on the food, too! My family and friends have all been saying that this was an unforgettable experience for them.

Sent on 07/21/2015
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/08/2014

Hagley was a great venue for our wedding reception. The flow of the day went extremely well with having the cocktail hour and dancing portion of the evening downstairs and a seated dinner upstairs in the auditorium. It was great to be able to decorate the day before the reception and everyone who works there were very helpful. The grounds are beautiful for pictures and the photo escorts were very helpful with my dress and flowers as well as keeping us on schedule so we could enjoy our reception to the fullest.

Sent on 03/04/2015

Michelle · Married on 10/04/2014

My husband and I got married at the Hagley Soda House a few weeks ago and our experience couldn't have been better! We looked at a handful of venues in Delaware and Pennsylvania and immediately knew that this was where we wanted to get married. The Soda House and its surroundings are a great mix of a rustic exterior with a clean modern interior. Our coordinator Heather was amazing - so kind and helpful! She was very quick to answer questions throughout the planning process. And she was there with us the day before and day of the wedding, making sure that everything ran smoothly and even taking over the decorations and set-up so that I we didn't have anything to worry about that day.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Carmen · Married on 08/16/2014

Heather made our wedding day perfect! She was very flexible in meeting times and always responded to my emails quickly. She was a huge help during our rehearsal and offered a number of great suggestions for our ceremony and reception. On the day of the wedding, she helped set things up without us even having to ask her. She was always in control of what was going on, and was able to coordinate all of the vendors as well as my party during the ceremony. Our wedding would not have gone so smoothly without Heather!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Natalie · Married on 09/21/2013

It was a gorgeous place to have our wedding and Heather the coordinator was extremely helpful and quick to respond to all of our questions. We had access to the venue for the entire day before our wedding to put up any decorations we wanted which was nice because it felt very personalized. It is a perfect space for an intimate wedding with a unique feel and a place that has history.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Hagley Museum and Library's reply:

I'm glad you had a good experience at Hagley! We pride ourselved on offering excellent customer service. Our location in the heart of Chateau Country is like no other in the Brandywine Valley. We work hard to ensure that your special day is extra special!

Laura · Married on 08/07/2010

We enjoyed every moment of working with Hagley Museum and Library. They were very accomodating and met with us several times to make sure that things were taken care of. The flexibility and attention was outstanding. We highly reccommend using them for any special occasion.

Sent on 04/28/2011

Jamie · Married on 05/31/2014

The venue was beautiful and Hagley was always very responsive and willing to meet and work with my other vendors to make the day perfect! Not to mention, they have the best value and picture sights far beyond any other venue I looked at!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Sarah · Married on 10/29/2016

Heather was great about making sure everything was just the way we wanted. We had initially booked Hagley to have the option of decorating the day before, but when a scheduling conflict made that impossible, Heather was very flexible and made sure we found a suitable solution for the rehearsal. She also made sure all the decorations were put up the day of. The venue itself was absolutely gorgeous, and our guests loved that everything was in one location. We are so happy with our Hagley experience and would definitely recommend it.

Sent on 11/19/2016
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/29/2015

Perfect country setting wedding with modern facilities! The scenery is absolutely stunning and romantic. Heather has been super helpful and accommodating. The wedding was awesome! We loved the Soda House and being able to use the property for photos! We were able to go in on Friday to set up our reception area which was great. Bob is super helpful! Our guests went to the Museum while we took photos in between the church ceremony and the reception (about 2.5 hours). Everyone loved it! Toscana is the caterer and the food was all amazing! We purchased the bus to use for photos around the property which was awesome! Air conditioned and a lot less walking. Only down side was being rushed to finish photos in the time frame for the bus. That was a bit stressful. Overall a great place for a wedding!!

Sent on 02/20/2015

Katelyn · Married on 10/11/2014

Our wedding went off without a hitch! The greatest part about this venue is the opportunity to set everything up the day before. I did a lot of DIY projects and wanted to make sure everything was set up the way I had imagined it. Heather, our coordinator at Hagley was amazing. She met us the day before to receive all of our boxes. We put up lights (sooooo many lights in all three rooms), set up a photobooth, and planned the layout the tables with the candles, centerpieces, favors, etc. Heather took care of so much, she alphabetized our escort cards, met the florists to make sure all the little things were arranged perfectly, put out all of the favors and signs that I had dropped off the day before, gathered all of the extra supplies in one spot. We didn't have to worry about taking much with us after the wedding. We left everything expect for the gifts and the cake. We were able to come back the next day and take our time with collecting everything. Which was great, since we had way too much stuff.

For the entire planning part of the wedding, Heather was amazing as well. She answered every little question I had including where the outlets were located. She and the building manager Bob went and measured everything! She payed very close to all the details I wanted to include and told me right away what was allowed and what wasn't. She did suggest alternatives to the things I wasn't allowed to do also.

Her greatest feat was saving the ceremony! We had planned on an outdoor garden ceremony by DuPont's house and barn. Apparently, the museum had planned to start renovations on the barn with cranes and everything a few days before our ceremony. Without even worrying us she resolved the issue and told us about the whole thing after the ceremony. Heather truly is an amazing wedding coordinator, and the venue itself is so beautiful I don't even need to review it. It honestly speaks for itself. Worth every penny!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Jodi · Married on 09/07/2013

We loved, loved, loved having our wedding at the Hagley Museum Soda House. We fell in love with it immediately. It is an incredibly unique and beautiful space that accomodated all of our wedding events. We used the stone patio in front of the glass silo for the ceremony, the two lower galleries for cocktail hour, the auditorium for dinner, speeches and a slide show and then back down to the galleries for drinks and dancing. It was great having such versitile and varied spaces to choose from. Each space was unique and had it's own character.

The people we worked with through Hagley were nothing but wonderful. They were accommodating with our schedules in trying to meet and stayed late for us. They helped in making our wedding day run as smoothly and stress free as possible.

By choosing Hagley Museum as our wedding venue, we got a complimentary year membership to the Hagley museum and fee passes to the museum for all our guests.

The only hitch is they have exclusive catering with Toscana. This isn't entirely bad as the catering was equally AWESOME and DELICIOUS, however, ended up being a slightly higher price point than we had planned.

Overall, I would most definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in Northern Delaware/the greater Philadelphia area.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Ashley · Married on 10/26/2013

Heather, our event coordinator at Hagley, did an amazing job. She was always quick to respond to our emails and calls and always made extra time for us during our planning. On our wedding day, she made sure the gates were open for our venders and stayed until after the ceremony to make sure things ran smoothly. She even called my father to let him know the exact momment for us to roll up in our classic limo to walk down the aisle and made sure my train was perfect as I got out of the car! Bob, the maintenance coordinator, also made sure our tables were in the right places and set up our chairs perfectly. This is a great venue to book!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Jennifer · Married on 04/02/2011

We were married on April 2, 2011 and our overall experience was wonderful. From the event coordinator Nivea at Hagley to Bob the Building Manager to Megan at Toscana everything went just as we planned and our wedding turned out fantastic.

Megan from Toscana Catering is absolutely the best. She went above and beyond in ever aspect. She added little touches that made our day just perfect. We received numerous compliments on how lovely the venue and catering was.

We would highly recommend Hagley Musuem for your next event.

Sent on 04/25/2011

lissa · Married on 01/07/2011

3.5

Hagley Museum's Soda House was a very nice place for a small wedding. My experience had pros and cons.

When I first began the booking process, Hagley allowed any caterers, but within a month after the start, Hagley started to exclusively use Toscana Catering. I was in touch with three people from Toscana; the first two were not great at communication, but when I started to work with Megan, I had a great experience with them. Megan went above and beyond everything I expected. She provided everything I wanted for my reception, she worked out extremely cost effective plans, and she took time to speak with me on her own time on her own phone line. I am really lucky to have worked with her. There was more food an beverages than I could have possibly expected, and the staff helped me clean up my personal decorations after the ceremony. I will always smile when I think of the lady who chased me out when she saw me hunched on the floor picking the tape remnants left from my aisle runner.

My contact at Hagley did let me down a little. While they were very flexible with me (as I debated eloping or having a ceremony), that gap seemed to have caused memory lapses. The event coordinator took notes and seemed to understand my vision. She assured me that I would save money because Hagley planned to hang paper lanterns from the exposed woodwork permanently. When I down to the week before my wedding, she told me she remembered my interest in lanterns, but she no longer remembered that Hagley ever planned to hang their own lanterns. This was very frustrating because when we talked it over, I told her I was planning on hand painting lanterns to give my guests, and she told me that I would have to think of another favor because they would hang their own. She also told me there would be guest passes to the museum for all of the guests as favors, but I never saw those. I had also told her I wanted the Christmas lights left from their Christmas decorations, but nothing else. There were two trees in the reception and ceremony rooms, and the building manager was left to disassemble them while I set up centerpieces and decorations. The building manager was very flexible and accommodating, but the bridal party, my husband, and I felt he was very annoyed with us during the planning, prep, and break down of the ceremony.

This is a very detailed account of my experience. I had a rough wedding day, and almost everything that could go wrong did go wrong...but after Megan came along, the catering was so perfect, I can't do anything but think of them fondly and recommend the team for my wedding to others.

Sent on 04/20/2011

Hagley Museum and Library's reply:

Hagley and Toscana Catering understand the joys and challenges that come with wedding planning. We are committed to ensuring that your special day is stress-free and your vision is realized. We pride ourselves on providing an outstanding wedding experience from start to finish. Your feedback is most appreciated.