Hacienda Dona Andrea de Santa Fe Reviews

View more information

• Diana
    Diana R. Married on 05/22/2021

Beautiful venue

The Hacienda is a beautiful place. It is secluded, private and the views are amazing! We were able to bring our own caterer. The Hacienda did require us to spend a minimum of two night stay with a Hacienda employee to be there during the event. The Hacienda manager, Carley, was wonderful. She was incredibly easy and fun to work with. I highly recommend. It made our dream wedding come true!
    Jaime Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful Venue

We had the most wonderful wedding at the Hacienda. We heard over and over again from our guests how beautiful the venue was. The Hacienda Dona Andrea is a unique venue sure to wow those who are there. The staff was helpful at answering all of our questions and making sure we had what we needed before the wedding.
    Mericka Married on 10/21/2017
    This was the absolute perfect venue for us. We couldn't be happier with everything- the quality of service, the beauty of the venue, the graciousness of the manager, and the perfect setting. My only wish is that we could do it all again!
    Barry Married on 10/11/2017
    Great location, great service, I would recommend it for any type of party, best staff, thank you again
    Sara Married on 08/16/2017
    My husband and I are local to Santa Fe and we recently got married at the Hindrance Dona Andrea. Having lived in New Mexico for many years we thought we were accustom to the beauty of our local landscapes. However, upon driving up to the Hacienda for our first look we quickly realized we had found something truly magical. We instantly feel in love with the location the minute we pulled up to the beautifully designed home. The Spanish architecture and the interior design is the epitome of romance. The grander of the entryway alone makes for stunning photos, but there is quite literally no angle or corner of the property that is not magnificent. We exchanged our vows at sunset on the outdoor courtyard with the breathtaking mountain vista as our back drop. I could not have been happier with the location and with the service provided by the owners. Tables and chairs, as well as kitchen/table ware were all provided on site. The bedrooms were fantastic. I really can't think of a single issue we had. The owners, Max and Brit, were so very helpful and made our day truly one to remember.
    Jessi Married on 06/29/2013
    I can not say enough great things about hacienda Dona Andrea or Anne the wedding coordinator! I was at my wits end and running out of time to plan the wedding of my dreams and stay under my small budget, until I found Anne! This venue is breath taking in itself and the huge array of services provided by the establishment makes it perfect for any bride or wedding size! I loved how Anne was open to do as much or as little as I wanted her to and worked hard to include special details to make our wedding unique. You can't go wrong with this venue!
    Pablo Married on 05/25/2008
    Hacienda Dona Andrea is a picturesque venue with amazing vistas of the surrounding Cerillos and Madrid area just outside of Santa Fe. The size of the venue is good balance, having sufficient areas indoors and outdoors all while maintaining an intimate ambiance. Our wedding was held on a beautiful afternoon in late May, though the venue views and size can be perfect set indoors as well as outdoors. Lodging is available on site, all members of both families and the weeding party where able to stay the night. The Hacienda is a great getaway experience but is just minutes away from Santa Fe and is perfect for anyone that appreciates the areas landscapes.

Years later, many of our family members and wedding guests have stated on multiple occasions, that our wedding was the best they have attended. A lot of it had to do with the venue…we love this place!
    Amy Married on 10/13/2007
    Hacienda Dona Andrea is such a magical place. The setting for the perfect outdoor/indoor wedding, the views are gorgeous. My husband and I fell in love with it when we first walked in; it felt like home. We were both welcomed by the owners; they were so friendly and knowledgeable about weddings. Anne provided so much help finding a caterer, decorations, helpful feedback and suggestions; she was amazing. Our day was incredible. Our family was able to stay at the Hacienda with us; we were able to rent the whole place out...it was like our own little getaway for the weekend. They still rave about their experience at the Hacienda. The staff were such nice people, very friendly and helpful. We really had a wonderful time and would definitely recommend the Hacienda to anyone and everyone.

Hacienda Dona Andrea de Santa Fe's reply:

Congratulations over and over… as the years go by.
    Thanks for the review!
  • Kayla
    Kayla Married on 05/02/2020

Toured for possible wedding venue

Lovely tour, even in the dead of winter this place is beautiful.
    Toni Married on 09/21/2013
    Hacienda dos Andreas was a perfect venue for may daughters wedding. The setting is spectacular, the hacienda is beautiful and details are fabulous. In addition, the hacienda has wonderful lodging available on site, and we were able to accomodate all members of both families on site for 1 1/2 days of time together.

The staff was amazing in their ability to 'flip' the site from a 'chapel' where the ceremony took place, to a beautiful dining room for the dinner. All went well.
    Ally Married on 06/27/2015
    I just had an amazing wedding at the Hacienda. The location and grounds are stunning!!! I loved the peaceful location, the views, and the Spanish decor. All my guests raved about how beautiful the venue was and it made for stunning wedding photos. I am extremely happy with my choice to have the Hacienda as both my ceremony and reception venue for my wedding. Here is my overall assessment of the Hacienda and its staff:

As already mentioned the grounds are beautiful. Anne and her staff are very responsive to your questions and inquires and are very flexible. They would respond to my emails within two days, which I really appreciate. We visited the venue three times before my wedding and 2/3 times the staff was very friendly and professional. Unfortunately, one of the times (which happened to be the only time my husband and mother-in-law came to see the venue) the staff seemed to be very stressed out. They were very short with us, did not know the answers to a lot of his questions, and came off as a little rude and unprofessional. My husband was not happy with our choice in venue at the time because of this experience, but like I said the other visits went very smoothly.

In regards to the value, the Hacienda is comparable to most Santa Fe wedding venues but much more flexible. They do charge extra for a lot of things but they are outlined very clear in your contract. Most of the pricing was fair, except for one item. They do charge for "fiesta" lighting ($250), which are the globe lights that seem to be strung out in the backdoor patio at all times (they were up every single time I visit). I am not sure why they would charge extra to flip a light switch on. They did allow me to bring my own lights (exact same) and string them up though, but it seemed silly to have to do that. I got the lights and papel picado banners for less than half that online. The day of my wedding the staff was great in assisting my day of coordinators with set-up.

Re: Staff
    We regret any disappointment our guests may have with the Hacienda and have made improvements in our Customer Service Department recently (this is an older review). We have recently had a change of management and have eliminated small charges and provide a lot of amenities at no cost now, such as the string light, market umbrellas, and heat lamps.

Re: Globe Lights
    We have eliminated the charge for the globe lights, and are leaving them up for the summer.
  • User865290 2+ years ago
    I have a love/hate relationship with Hacienda dona Andrea. First, they are in an incredible location that is really unique to Santa Fe and the southwest. You get married in a gorgeous bed and breakfast overlooking Santa Fe and the mountains. The house is gorgeous and so are the views.

My complaint is that the Hacienda promised a "full-service" experience, including staff to help. She even told me I didn't need a coordinator, unless I just wanted someone to hold my hand. I signed on for this with the expectation of her having a staff and being "full-service". Well, she stopped doing that. You just get the house for the cost now. And yes, you have to hire a coordinator with his or her own staff in order to put down centerpieces, decor, and keep to the timeline.

I love the Hacienda, but they really cut back on their service and it may not be worth the cost anymore.

Hacienda Dona Andrea de Santa Fe's reply:

Sorry for the confusion, after much thought we have no idea who this is.

We wish we had heard from you directly. I assume that you did not feel comfortable discussing your concerns with us.
    That is something I should improve on at our end.

Thank you for this review. Always an opportunity to improve communications and service.
    Wishing you both every happiness...

Anne Contreras, owner

Clarifications:
    • From 2003 until late 2008 we offered a package including in-house planning services. Due to the economy, that package was "deconstructed", rate reduced significantly in favor of more "a la carte" offerings.
    No one had their contract altered after booking, we diligently honored all agreements during that transition.

• We never discourage hiring of planner, in fact we encourage it strongly. Those folks work hard to make sure you won't on your wedding day!
    Even so, it is not required and many couples do fine on their own.
    Your wedding, your way... that is our motto!

• Hacienda caterers and staff always see to setting tables, putting out florals, etc. I am certain this bride and her guests did not have set their own tables.

Please do see our reviews on other sites, we are very proud of our service and of course our spectacular venue!
    Melanie Married on 08/04/2012
    The pros: Hacienda Dona Andrea is a beautiful guest home outside of Santa Fe. It has outstanding views, the building is decorated nicely, the nine or ten guest rooms are comfortable and tastefully decorated, and our guests loved it. It's a great spot for a wedding or any special event. The patio is perfect for dining & dancing al fresco. It also makes for very dramatic, beautiful photography. A true NM experience. The breakfasts were delicious & plentiful.

The cons: Most of the cons were experienced only by us (the bride & groom) during the planning phase. Guests didn't notice most of these issues. There were many little costs that were not very clear in our contract, which added up significantly. The management was tough to pin down and not always friendly or flexible, but it worked out in the end. The sound system was wacky and we were told we had access to it the whole weekend but it wasn't working when we got there, which was a big let-down since we were hanging out all friday night without music. The staff grumbled significantly when we repeatedly asked them to fix it on Saturday AM, but in the end it was working fine for our ceremony in the afternoon. We had to ask staff for little things like extra TP/soap/towels in a couple of the guest rooms. We had to get insurance for the weekend. We were strictly forbidden to access the kitchen but they did provide a little area with a mini-fridge & a table, but it wasn't big enough for us to provide food for our 30 weekend guests for late night snacks on Friday, and lunch on Saturday.

Bottom line: We'd recommend, but with strong hesitation, and make sure to do lots of advance planning and get everything clarified in the contract.

Hacienda Dona Andrea de Santa Fe's reply:

Please note that this is an older review prior to the current new management. We have eliminated that list of small items charged, and I provide a simplified, transparent cost sheet. We no longer charge but include many of those items: string lights, market umbrellas, heat lamps, cake table, arch, etc.). The outdoor speakers have been removed, but we offer a portable Bluetooth speaker for non-event times. We have installed a self-serve cabinet full of guest amenities like hair dryers, towels, tp, etc. so they will never need to ask, and we provide information sheets in every bedroom now.
    Arian Married on 06/23/2018
    I want to preface by saying I loved my wedding at the Hacienda, but that was in spite of the actions of staff, specifically Nicola, and to a lesser extent, the owners. My wedding was a success because of my amazing family, friends, and vendors. There were so many issues I will use bullet points:
    • Nicola did not routinely respond to emails
    • The phone was disconnected at one point, prompting my guests to call me with concerns
    • Nicola mishandled my guests credit card information and lost their payment
    • Nicola did not keep track of our payments and sent us an invoice 1.5 weeks prior to our wedding despite our account being paid. She had to ask us to check our statement because she did not keep good records
    • Nicola talked badly to me about other brides and even myself as she clearly did not keep track of which client she was speaking to
    • Nicola forgot meetings with our caterer and did not meet any of our other vendors who went to the Hacienda
    • We paid for champagne flutes for the wedding which were not provided
    • A random woman showed up to our rehearsal dinner looking for a birthday party where “Nicola was having cosmos”
    • Nicola was paid to be day of coordinator. Several days prior to our wedding we were informed she may or may not be present but that the owner might be doing it. We could not get a clear answer about who would be there.
    • The owner got angry the night of the wedding and slammed doors and threatened our bartenders for serving after 10. Our contract did not specify an end of bar service and we did not agree on an end time. Guests were leaving at 11 PM.

Overall, this was such a mixed experience. Our vendors were phenomenal. Our family and friends were so excellent. The Hacienda is a beautiful place. However, on my wedding night I couldn’t sleep because I was kept up with the stress caused by the owner. The team at the Hacienda is not one I would trust again. They are inconsistent in their expectations and often unavailable.

Hacienda Dona Andrea de Santa Fe's reply:

We are glad Arian was able to experience the beauty of a wedding at the Hacienda, and sincerely apologize for not providing a smooth experience prior with regards to payments and communications. With new management recently, we have had some "growing pains" while we completely re-established new systems, including an upgraded phone system that now re-routes calls, but the transition had it down for 2 days. We no longer have the payment system from Arian's time, so couples can pay online and don't have to call. We offered to take payments from client's overnight guests at the time for the sake of taking that task off our client's hands, but after receiving a list of 26 guests which would have required no less than 26 call-ins, 29 invoices and receipts, we found it was not the best plan for either our office or their guests. Now that we improved our payment methods and re-wrote our information sheet and contracts to provide clearer information, we are focusing on marketing and communications and will be adding an online platform soon to keep better track of leads, calls and questions. We are grateful for Arian's feedback and have based some of our changes on them. The owner was not at their wedding, but a Property Facilitator which we had informed them about in advance. We try to respond to all questions within 2 days. We hope you will give our team a chance to show the results of these recent improvements, and we look forward to your inquiry.