39 Reviews for Guitarist Julian Catford

Microphones (1)
Music During Breaks (1)
Sound/PA System (1)
39 Guitarist Julian Catford Reviews

Working with Julian was incredibly easy. Amidst all the craziness, we really didn't have a lot of free time to think about coordinating music, however, we just gave Julian the songs for the ceremony and got him in touch with the singing duo he was accompanying and it was as easy as that! He showed up and knew exactly what to do and played gorgeously. A real asset to make our wedding truly beautiful.

Profile Picture Connie, 8/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

My wife and I got married in August of his year and Julian was truly an amazing highlight of our wedding. His repertoire is awesome and he truly is a versatile musician that will add style and grace to your wedding or event. Thanks so much Julian for making our wedding so memorable!

Profile Picture Martyn, 8/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Julian is a wonderful guitarist and a genuinely kind person. He played my ceremony and cocktail hour and was a joy to work with. I would recommend Julian to any family or friend looking for a guitarist for any special event. Thank you Julian! You rock!

Profile Picture Starla, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Julian is a talented musician. His website is professional and includes music samples which made it easy to select ceremony music at my own pace. My wedding ceremony was outdoors without electrical outlets, and he easily accommodated my need for 2 battery powered amps and a mic for the officiant. Julian plays beautiful music, and I really was very pleased with both his skill and ability to pace and flow my selection of songs for the processional and recessional. My only negative feedback is that Julian set up a bright blue sun umbrella for the ceremony. The sun umbrella was necessary as it was an extremely hot sunny summer day. However, I wasn't informed beforehand that it would be present and it really was an unpleasant shock to see this bright blue umbrella that did not match the decor and stuck out like a sore thumb. May I suggest a white umbrella for wedding ceremonies?

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Instrumentals, Microphones, Music During Breaks, Sound/PA System, Guitar, Instrumental-Solo

We really loved meeting Julian and working together to create a beautiful signature playlist for our ceremony and cocktail hour. He made our outdoor winery wedding all the more elegant and joyful with his music. He also later sent a Christmas CD to us as a gift. One thing I would recommend is asking him to record your wedding playlist onto a CD, so you can listen to it again and relive the day. Not sure the cost of doing something like this, but I wish we had. Book him, you will not regret it!

Profile Picture Autumn, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Entertainer

Julian traveled from Seattle to Chelan, a 3+ hour drive, and turned around and went back the same evening so we didn't have to pay for his overnight accommodations, which was really fortunate and wonderful and we are very grateful for that! He was an excellent guitarist and played exactly what we hoped for - I wanted "Spanish guitar" and he nailed it as far as I'm concerned! Thanks, Julian, for making our ceremony music so beautiful!

Profile Picture User7580441, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Julian is supremely talented and a true professional. His ability to adapt to our odd requests and then deliver gorgeously during our ceremony and reception was noticed by many of our guests. A+ hire.

Profile Picture Aaron, 7/31/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Julian did an excellent job playing at our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. The music was great! We would recommend him highly.

Profile Picture Julianna, 7/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Amazing! Would highly recommend!

Profile Picture User6010017, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
3.4

I really cannot comment on the other categories because I did not deal directly with Julian. What I can tell you is that his Guitar work was fabulous and made for a wonderful setting at my daughter's wedding reception. This would be the Alcantara-Mehl wedding last June 25th.

EJ Mehl

Profile Picture EJ, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Julian and his jazz trio played during the ceremony and cocktail hour at our recent wedding. He is an incredibly talented guitarist and was willing and able to learn a couple songs that made our ceremony incredibly special to my husband and myself. He was always very responsive to any questions or concerns and had a ton of great advice and input for music and style to play for the cocktail hour.

The day of our wedding turned out to be a crazy wind and rainstorm and he and his trio were so flexible and accommodating when we asked if they could move inside for cocktail hour after an outdoor ceremony. It could have been a total disaster but they didn't miss a beat and it turned out great!

Thanks, Julian, for helping to make our day so special!

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/29/15, 3 Reviews

Lovely, lovely music!

We had Julian (and his team of flutist and Latin percussion players) to do music for the whole day from pre-ceremony drinks, ceremony, to the reception and we had so much compliments from everyone! Our venue is on the waterfront and his music just fits with the whole scenery so perfectly to give it a very romantic, celebratory feel.

Julian was also one of my easiest vendors to deal with in terms of pre-wedding planning which was definitely a big plus for the otherwise stressed bride! He was always very efficient and responsiveness with his emails and I really appreciated that.

Profile Picture User5359851, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

We hired Julian to play for our ceremony as well as cocktail hour, and I can't say enough wonderful things about working with him, his talent, and his beautiful music! I had a few non-traditional requests for our procession and recession and he was so accommodating, as well as a good resource for realistic input into things I may want that in actuality may not sound good, so that was very helpful. For cocktail hour he jazzed it up a little which was the perfect change in vibe we were going for between ceremony and then the party beginning. He has several styles that he plays and was 100% open to our requests to avoid certain ones and play more of others. My guests couldn't have had more nice things to say, either! All 140 truly enjoyed his music, and I heard it! I have a few musicians in my family as well and they were particularly impressed. Julian is so kind, professional, and really makes an effort to listen to your desires and accommodate accordingly! Highly recommend this talented musician! Price VERY reasonable for the 2 hours we hired him for.

Profile Picture User4314981, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Julian is the best! He is easy to work with and very professional. In our planning meeting, he was flexible about playing whatever songs we suggested and played many examples to help us hone what we wanted for the ceremony. His music during the ceremony was lovely and exactly what we wanted, and our guests loved what he played during the cocktail hour--my Grandma said that was her favorite detail of the whole wedding!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/19/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Julian was our musician for both the wedding ceremony and the reception afterwards. He was a pleasure to work with and also sounded great!

We had an initial consultation where we worked out what types of music we wanted to hear at the reception and what songs should be played during the processionals and recessional. We had some ideas for what we wanted played but didn't know if they would work out with guitar. Thankfully, Julian was able to make those pieces work and even provided other suggestions for similar types of songs for other parts of the ceremony and reception.

On the day of the wedding, Julian was very professional. He worked with the venue staff to get set up and started right on time. Of course, the music was perfect as well. The only regret that we have is that we had to step out for a while to do some photos so we were not able to enjoy more of his music!

Profile Picture William, 7/12/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Julian was a total professional and played beautifully. During the planning meeting, about a month before the ceremony, we presented our vague ideas regarding the desired ambience and possible musical selections and Julian came to our rescue. He was full of suggestions and when it came to specific pieces he thought might be appropriate, rather than talk, he simply played them for us on the guitar brought specifically for our meeting. Once we heard him play we knew we were in good hands.

On the day of our wedding, from the arrival of the first guests, through the ceremony, to almost the end of our catered dinner for 30, Julian performed beautifully for over 3 hours. During dinner he even played some requests from the guests, which were followed by full rounds of applause.

We couldn't imagine our wedding day without the sounds of Julian's playing, and recommend him to anyone looking for a guitarist to perform for their wedding or any other occasion.

Profile Picture Christian, 7/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Julian played at our wedding this past 4th of July. He was treating our guests to beautiful sounds prior to the ceremony, and did all the music for the ceremony. After that we were lucky enough to have him continue playing through the cocktail hour and dinner...and he was excellent. His talent is unquestionable, and almost every guest commented about how skilled he was, and how nice the music was! He was extremely flexible, punctual, helpful, and of course, amazing on the guitar. I would happily recommend him to anyone out there who wants to add a touch of class and elegance to their wedding. From start to finish he was a consummate professional who took the time to work with us and ensured that the music we had was exactly what we were looking for. Having him play at our wedding definitely made it an event that we and our guests will happily remember for the rest of our lives.

Profile Picture Shaun, 7/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Julian is very talented and professional. His playing is simply beautiful (music to my ears, literally). He was even willing to learn and play two songs of our choosing that are not typical for a wedding ceremony. We highly recommend him to anyone who wants to have beautiful music at their wedding.

Profile Picture TEAM, 5/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

If you don't at least take the time to meet with Julian and chat about your vision for live music at your wedding - you are losing an opportunity my friend.

One of Seattle's top guitarists, with years of experience - Mr. Catford offers musical stylings in jazz, Latin, classical, swing, and Brazilian. He is simply amazing and kind. We hired him for our cocktail hour and part of our reception. I was delighted to know that he would be open to playing some Christmas tunes throughout the evening. I also asked him to play the Christmas Song during the father/daughter dance and he did! It was remarkable.

His music absolutely added to our warm, cozy, Christmas wedding. I just love that his music is woven in what I remember to be an amazing day/evening. Having him there only added to the overall wedding experience. Heck, I have two of his CDs in my car. I cannot get enough. You are awesome Julian Catford!

Profile Picture Jackie, 12/27/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Julian and his music was absolutely amazing at our wedding! From our initial contact discussing our musical taste through the conclusion of our ceremony (including sequencing the music with our officiant for perfect timing) he was delightful to work with in every aspect. He worked closely with us to pick just the right songs before, during, and after our ceremony - his delightful range of songs from his wonderful version of Canon in D, to bossa nova and classic jazz tunes certainly set the stage for our fall wedding at the Seattle Arboretum. Thank you again Julian! xoxox Linda and Monica

Profile Picture Linda, 10/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Julian Catford was exceptional and easy to work with. He was very interested in making sure that the music selected matched with our personal requirements - spending time in advance with us by phone, email, and personal meetings. He arrived at our event on time, and played throughout the evening. Not only was his music wonderful - but he also was clearly happy during his performance, thus bringing joy to our guests. He also was happy to interact with our guests - some of whom were musicians as well. So they very much enjoyed his performance. And lastly, his music was not intrusive to the veening - and instead blended with the evening and added to the ambiance. What a wonderful experience! Thank you Julian!

Profile Picture User3602853, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Julian was the guitarist for our wedding ceremony and reception. He played a nice mix of Spanish, classical, and popular music. He was a pleasure to work with, very professional and accommodating. I recommend him without reservation or hesitation!

Profile Picture John, 9/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

It was a pleasure working with Julian, he listened to our needs and then was able to choose and perform exactly the music we wanted for our wedding. We also asked him to find and partner with an accordion player who was amazing, it showed us that Julian will go to whatever length necessary to provide highly quality service and the most beautiful music possible.

He is a very talented musician and tremendous person we are so glad we found Julian!

Profile Picture Justin, 9/1/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Julian is a consummate professional and a wonderful guitarist. He was a pleasure to work with, offered many suggestions when we got stuck picking music. We are both glad that we has was part of our special day.

Profile Picture John, 8/17/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Julian played during dinner and the cake cutting at our wedding reception, and he was fantastic! Dinner and toasts ran about an hour longer than expected (yikes!), and Julian graciously stayed on with us. He was flexible, professional and good-spirited throughout the evening. His music was beautiful. I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture User3599210, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews