Guitar Wedding, Justin Hoke Reviews

16 Reviews for Guitar Wedding, Justin Hoke

• Megan

Megan · Married on 10/20/2018

Ceremony Music

We decided last minute we wanted live music during the ceremony rather than something from the DJ. We reviewed musicians on here and the Knot and really loved what we heard from Dr. Hoke. I really wanted to walk down to Pachabel's Canon in D and his rendition is lovely. Thankfully he was available for our date and we thought his price was super reasonable.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Becca · Married on 09/29/2017

Justin was kind enough to accompany our wedding ceremony at The Atrium in Wilmington, NC. We asked him to do acoustic guitar before, during and after our ceremony and could not have been happier. He also accompanied two vocalists during our ceremony, and he was so responsive and open to requests regarding pace, song key, etc. and also fit our rehearsal into his schedule so they had time to practice together (the vocalists were out of town, so it was a tight schedule). He was super responsive, very professional, and is so talented. I would definitely recommend Justin!

Sent on 11/05/2017
  • Hilary

Hilary · Married on 09/16/2017

5 stars is not enough for Justin!! He was incredibly responsive and helpful during planning and answered every question I had. On the day of, he was extremely professional and his music was more beautiful than I could have imagined! We had him at the ceremony and cocktail hour are we are still receiving compliments months later :) Thank you so much Justin, we feel so lucky to have had you at our wedding!!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Kristina · Married on 11/12/2016

Justin played for our ceremony and cocktail hour and he was truly excellent. We received so many compliments! Well worth the cost. We we're so thankful to have arranged our timeline that day so we could enjoy his music during cocktail hour. He had a great song list to choose from and his music was beautiful. Wonderful addition to our wedding!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Kristina · Married on 10/03/2015

The prelude and ceremony music was stunningly beautiful, and it made our day that much more special to have our favorite songs played at our wedding! In addition to being professional and kind, Justin was flexible when I had to change the venue at the last minute due to a hurricane. I would highly recommend Justin Hoke to anyone who is looking for a guitarist!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Justin played for the ceremony of my wedding as well as the cocktail hour and he did a great job! I got so many compliments on how great the music was for the ceremony and cocktail hour. He also learned the songs we requested and played them very well. He is very friendly and responsive as well. I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Casey · Married on 05/21/2015

We hired Justin for a Welcome Cocktail Party for our guest the night before our wedding and he was amazing! He answered my email inquires immediately and made the entire event a breeze. I shared with him my vision for the evening and he selected the perfect music to play. If you need live music this is your guy!

Sent on 07/17/2015

Diana · Married on 04/25/2015

Justin was really wonderful at our outdoor wedding. He plays beautiful music and was so easy to work with. He played for the ceremony, and also during our cocktail hour. I love that he has such a great variety of traditional/classical music, as well as acoustic versions of modern songs. All of our guests loved him. Thanks!

Sent on 05/25/2015

Clay · Married on 10/19/2014

I booked Dr. Hoke to play for my first wedding anniversary and my wife and I absolutely loved the experience.

Dr. Hoke is an amazing musician. He was able to play all of the requested tunes and played them with absolute perfection.

I would highly recommend his services for any special occasion.

Thanks again for making the trip to Raleigh!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 10/18/2014

18 days before my wedding I was panicking because a family friend who was supposed to play guitar at our ceremony backed out. Justin eased my mind by responding quickly and accommodating the list of songs that I had already compiled before talking to him, even those that weren't in his repertoire. His quick communication was very reassuring so close to my wedding. His previous experience with beach weddings and his own sound system were an added benefit. I heard nothing but compliments from my guests. Justin was great at timing his music perfectly to the ceremony and his guitar music was a perfect addition to my wedding at Ocean Isle Beach. I loved hearing the processional and recessional music (Over the Rainbow and Kiss Me) because the dream of my wedding was finally realized exactly as I had wanted it to be.

Sent on 11/04/2014
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/06/2014

Justin played guitar for our wedding ceremony on the beach and it was beautiful. I heard complements from guests about the ceremony music all night!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Ginny · Married on 07/19/2014

We Hired Justin for our wedding ceremony on July 19th! He did an absolute amazing job and the music came out wonderful! He was always there when I needed him and he helped make this a beautiful wedding for us. He even learned to play the song Christina Perri- 1000 years for myself to walk down the aisle to and it brought tears to my eyes. We cannot thank you enough for putting together this ceremony for us. It truly was a fairytale and I felt like a princess!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Charley · Married on 05/31/2014

Justin was fantastic. He was quick to respond to emails and very helpful in choosing appropriate music. He learned 2 songs for our wedding and executed them perfectly. He is very professional and easy to work with! I'd recommend him to all my fellow brides!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Justin was wonderful to work with! He learned our wedding song and performed it during the ceremony (guitar and vocal). A lot of my guests commented on how lovely the music was during our ceremony. He played before, during and after the ceremony (during pictures). Overall 5+ star rating. I definitely recommend him!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Sarah · Married on 04/26/2014

Working with Dr. Hoke was an absolute pleasure. The wedding planning process is incredibly overwhelming and I cannot explain fully how grateful I was to have found Justin. He was professional, quick to respond, and accommodating during every point of our planning with him. Concerts and music in general, especially guitar, have been a big part of my life and it was important to me that we find someone with real talent to play during our wedding ceremony. We were blown away by Justin's repertoire and the skill with which he performed some of our non-traditional requests. We received so many compliments on the ceremony music and I cannot recommend him more highly.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Steven · Married on 08/03/2013

Justin played classical guitar for our wedding ceremony in August and as the bride and groom, we only caught the tail end of his amazing performance. We wish we were able to hear the entire set because nearly every single one of our guests complimented us on the incredibly beautiful music that Justin played during our ceremony! We couldn't imagine our ceremony without Justin and we highly recommend him to anyone seeking a truly gifted and highly talented guitarist. - Steven and Marcella

Sent on 06/12/2014