Groveland Fairways Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Jay
    Jay T. Married on 07/10/2021

10 out of 10

I cannot say enough about Groveland Fairways. We selected them initially because we thought their rates were the most reasonable. I can honesty say I don't think we could have topped them anywhere else. From the start, our site coordinator was responsive, put up with all our questions and took the time to get to know us. I truly feel like Alicia is a friend and she talked me off the ledge more than once! Every detail was covered for us, nothing was rushed and the actual wedding day was smooth and effortless. Our guests raved about the venue, both inside and out...and loved the food. As the bride and groom, we were attended to at all times and actually were able to enjoy our day. If you are looking for a gorgeous venue, affordable, and you want to feel like you are the ONLY wedding that is important...pick Groveland Fairways. Good people, great business.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 08/28/2020

Amazing and beautiful location

Made my day very special. I love this location. Alicia did an amazing job with my crazy planning and 3 date changes. Love this place xoxo
    Kimberly M. Married on 05/16/2020

Love Groveland Fairways!

Groveland Fairways definitely went above and beyond all of our expectations for our June 2021 "I Do Re-Do"! We had started planning way back in Feb. of 2019- the staff worked with us so well back then and it continued until the day of the wedding. We were originally going to be married in June of 2020- but like many others, we had to reschedule. Alicia, who was our coordinator, was there with us every step of the way. It truly felt like she was on the same roller coaster of emotions that we were every time there was a change, or cancellation, or reschedule. When our day had finally come, it was exactly how we had planned it all along (minus the 90* weather) ... ceremony outside, cocktail hour outside, dinner and dancing inside... Everything the day of went so smoothly- if there was an issue, I certainly had no clue. I got so many compliments on the venue-- how nice it looked, the gardens, and the food (through Vinwood Catering).The pricing is so reasonable and affordable, which was another one of our reasons for choosing Groveland. I love that there are different areas for pictures and multiple choices for ceremonies as well. I would highly recommend Groveland Fairways to anyone!
    Shannon C. Married on 03/28/2020

By Far the BEST Venue Ever!

Groveland Fairways is a beautiful location to have a wedding. The staff are incredible. Alicia was so wonderful to work with. She answered my many questions and Stephanie (from Vinwood Catering) helped make our vegan food dreams come true! Alicia and Groveland were both so flexible and accomodating as our wedding was postponed and eventually cancelled due to COVID-19. We could not have asked for a better venue to have selected to host our wedding. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a beautiful venue with kind, thoughtful, and helpful staff for your special day!!
  • Elise
    Elise S. Married on 09/20/2019

Don’t Look Any Further!

If I could give ten stars, I would. Having never gone through this process before, it was overwhelming to say the least. Liz was my saving grace. Despite priding myself on being extra organized, and making my own wedding check list, there were so many things I didn’t even think of or weren’t listed on wedding to-do websites, etc. Liz was there each step of the way, and was not only wonderful professionally, she became a friend as well.

I would highly recommend this venue not only for the gorgeous setting, but for the priceless team you get along with it.

Please choose this venue!
    Jess Married on 08/17/2019

Best Day of Our Lives (thanks to Groveland Fairways!!)

Groveland Fairways was the first venue my husband and I had toured and we both fell in love but felt like we should see a few more venues just to be sure. After our 3rd or 4th tour, we knew Groveland was where we wanted to get married! I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about the grounds at Groveland Fairways, the staff, and Vinwood Catering.

I'll start by talking about Liz, our coordinator. From the first minute we met Liz, it felt like we had known her forever. She was so easygoing and calm which kept us very relaxed throughout the entire wedding planning process. She always responded to any questions extremely quickly and was willing to help with anything we needed. She provided so much great advice about everything from the cake cutting, to cocktail hour, to decorations, and everything else in between! She even helped me bustle my dress on the wedding day!!!! Liz was a huge reason why our wedding was one of the best days of our lives.

The staff at Groveland on our wedding day was all amazing. Everyone was so nice, polite, and helpful and they would go out of their way to make sure you were having a good time. When we were taking photos during cocktail hour, one of the servers was bringing me over my drink to take sips in between pictures!!! We had a buffet style dinner but the staff served my husband and I so that we made sure to eat! They checked on us multiple times during dinner, even offering to go back up to the buffet for us. I have never received such wonderful service. Vinwood catering was great. The food was delicious and Stephanie was so helpful in planning out everything before our wedding.

The grounds at Groveland Fairways are amazing. There are 3 different ceremony locations which are all equally as beautiful! We got married in the summer, and while we wanted it to be outside, we didn't even mind if it rained as the inside fireplace room is so beautiful (it ended up being outside by the terrace which was a dream location!!). We took so many pictures around Groveland and they have all come out so amazing. There really are countless photo locations. We were even able to bring our dogs during the first look to take some pictures with them!

All of our guests have commented nonstop about the service, food and beautiful location. Our DJ, who has been in the wedding business for over 30 years, came over to us towards the end of the wedding to let us know he has never seen a better run facility and has never encountered a more friendly, helpful staff than he experienced at Groveland Fairways. Our wedding was truly the best day of our lives thanks to Groveland Fairways and their amazing staff. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this venue to anyone! Thank you all so much for such a perfect day.
    Cheryl J. Married on 07/29/2019

A wonderful Wedding venue

Exceptional service! My daughter and son in law had their wedding there this past Saturday. The food and staff were EXCELLENT! Absolutely beautiful grounds! I highly recommend this venue! You won't find a more beautiful and elegant place! Abundance of staff and exceptional service! The Groveland Fairways truly made my daughter's wedding perfect in EVERY way!

• Jessica
    Jessica Married on 07/26/2019

Everything we envisioned came true!

We worked with Liz as our day-of coordinator for our big day and we were so grateful to have her! Throughout the whole planning process, Liz answered all of my questions I had throughout the two years we were planning, even the most silliest ones. I was really indecisive on a lot of things and she gave great suggestions - I felt at ease knowing she would give valuable advice and didn’t pressure me at all to go one way or another.

We hoped for the best and to have sunny and warm weather for our big day. Not knowing how the weather was going to be, it calmed my nerves to know we had a back-up option if there was inclement weather. The weather turned out to be amazing and Liz and her assistant Taylor worked their magic and transformed the decor into exactly how I envisioned my wedding day to be. They made our day seem seamless and kept us on track.

The venue itself is outstanding. We had our ceremony outside (with a long walkway), cocktail hour by the outside terrace fireplace and the reception in the Terrace room. All of our guests loved the venue and complemented numerous times that we picked the perfect location. Groveland Fairways is such an amazing catch outside of Boston and we are so glad to have our wedding day here!
    Briana K. Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Venue!

We cannot say enough wonderful things about our 6/29/19 wedding at Groveland Fairways! Liz and Taylor were there the day of the wedding and they were both amazing. We first toured with Liz last summer and knew right away we wanted to have our wedding there. Liz is fabulous, she quickly responded to all of my emails and answered my crazy silly questions, while never ever making me feel crazy or silly. She recommended a florist, DJ, and transportation company, who were all excellent as well. As far Groveland Fairways itself, the venue is absolutely gorgeous. Liz and Taylor did a wonderful job with our decorations, it was a magical feeling walking into the venue and seeing all of our ideas come to life. A huge benefit here is that there are 3 possible ceremony locations so if the weather acts up you can still have a beautiful ceremony inside and everyone will have a seat! We lucked out on the weather and ended up having a perfect ceremony and cocktail hour outside. The reception flowed smoothly and was so much fun, we couldn’t have imagined it going any better. Many of our friends had told us that you don’t get to eat or drink or enjoy your own wedding, that was not the case for us. The staff at Groveland Fairways made sure we had plenty of food and drinks and I can truly say we had fun at our own wedding! Vinwood, the exclusive caterer, was wonderful. We worked with Stephanie and all of the food was amazing. Everything was perfect, all staff was amazing, we highly recommend Groveland Fairways!!
  • Shannon
    Shannon E. Married on 06/28/2019

Tons of value and a wonderful staff

We got married at Groveland this summer and I can hardly find enough nice words to say about them. Our on-site event coordinator Alicia was instrumental in the success of our day. She was available to answer any questions we had and provided so much guidance! Its incredible how much value Groveland packs into their packages - from on-site coordinator, catering, tips built in to prices (no silly hidden fees!), and linen/tableware provided. It allowed us to really focus on other details and trust that they had the rest covered. Every other vendor we worked with knew and loved the Groveland staff, which made planning our day go so smoothly! Thank you Alicia and Groveland!!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 06/15/2019

Stunning venue, incredible staff

I cannot recommend Groveland Fairways highly enough! The grounds are gorgeous and immaculate, makes for beautiful pictures. There are many sites available for the ceremony. The staff were incredible, professional and the most impressive part of the whole experience. Liz, the coordinator, is so sweet, organized and responsive - she did not miss a beat. I never waited overnight for an email response, she held our hand through the details we weren't sure of, she was wonderful when dealing with my large family during photo time and she saved my broken bustle in the middle of the reception. She could not have made things easier for us. Liz alone deserves 5 stars.
    The food was incredible. We received so many compliments on the dinner and apps from our guests, many saying it was the best meal they have had at a wedding. Stephanie, from Vinwood Catering, was also very organized, responsive and was mindful of multiple dietary restrictions for our guests. Amanda was incredibly professional and helpful during dinner time, keeping and extra eye on us and our families and wedding party.
    Our day was perfect and stress free thanks to this staff.
    Jaclyn Married on 05/18/2019

The best day of our lives

We got married on May 18,2019 which I can only describe as a fairytale . Susan was great to work with from day 1, and was the ABSOLUTE BEST the day of.. the food was delicious ( although I have never had a bad meal there ) and the waitstaff was superb. They were constantly checking in with us to see if we personally needed anything . We took our pictures prior to the ceremony and they did not disappoint even with the brewery still open and customers on the golf course and in the pub they were more then accommodating. I would do it all over again and not change a thing !

Groveland Fairways's reply:

Hi Jaclyn! I just wanted to reach out to you and let you know that you incorrectly tagged the wrong venue in your amazing review! That's wonderful you had such an amazing experience. I just want to make sure the right venue recieved all the credit for that! :) Wish you the best!

Liz
    Event Manager
    Groveland Fairways
    Groveland, Massachusetts
  • Amanda
    Amanda F. Married on 10/24/2018

Have your wedding here!

While we couldn’t have our full wedding due to COVID, we had our ceremony onsite with family and it was PERFECT! Alicia is the best - she is so kind and helpful and funny she really made a tough year better!
    Amanda Married on 10/13/2018

The best venue!

My husband and I only looked at one other venue before we came to tour Groveland Fairways, but as soon as we walked in and met Liz, we fell in love with it and knew it was the perfect venue for our big day. Groveland Fairways has such an intimate and romantic feel and we loved how comfortable Liz made us feel at our first meeting. She is so sweet and down to earth and you could just tell she was experienced and knew what she was doing. During our planning process, Liz was truly heaven sent. She answered all of my questions quickly and would always would get back to me promptly. She also gave us tons of great recommendations and helpful tips that were really helpful during our planning process. Liz was so on top of everything leading up to our wedding day, that I really didn’t have to worry about any detail. If I was ever questioning anything or stressed I would reach out to Liz and she would always calm my nerves and have a solution. Day of, she was amazing and made everything run perfectly! We couldn’t of had a more perfect day and we owe a lot of that to Liz and her hard work making sure everything went as planned. Not only was the venue gorgeous and very affordable (hidden gem!) and the staff wonderful, but the food was amazing too from their exclusive caterer, Vinwood Caterers. We received tons of compliments on our food and we really enjoyed it all too. We made sure to try the appetizers & took time to eat dinner and I am so glad we did because it was superb. We had the best wedding day thanks to Liz and Groveland Fairways & will never forget the amazing night we had. If you’re considering this venue you should book it now because you will have an amazing wedding day here! Thanks Liz and Groveland Fairways for making our wedding day better than we ever dreamed possible!

Amanda & Eric Bruno
    Michaela S. Married on 09/22/2018

Such a beautiful venue

Groveland Fairways is worth it 10000%! The grounds are beautifully kept, the building is beautiful, and you get to work with Liz as part of your wedding planning process. She takes care of EVERYTHING and is there for recommendations, to bounce things off of, and to make sure the day goes smoothly and you don't have to think about anything except getting married. They have an exclusive deal with Vinwood Caterer's and we are still hearing from our guests that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding ever. Every single aspect of our wedding was perfect and we tell everyone we can about Groveland Fairways!
  • Mrsbehr
    Cassandra Married on 09/15/2018
    Liz and her team were just absolutely amazing! Liz was responsive to every question I had and very helpful. The day of our wedding she executed our vision perfectly. I was absolutely amazed at how detailed she made everything. Didn't skip anything we had put together. She even situated items better than we had thought of. She is extremely detail orientated. The venue itself if absolutely gorgeous with or with out decor. With multiple locations for your ceremony if you decide to get married at the venue helps capture how you see your wedding day. Highly recommend Groveland Fairways! Thanks Liz!
    Victoria Married on 09/01/2018
    We had our ceremony and reception at Groveland Fairways and I could not have imagined a better day! Liz, the day of coordinator that comes with the venue, was AMAZING!! She was worth booking the venue without all the rest of the great things about Groveland Fairways. The place was stunning and everything was set up just the way we wanted it. We had our ceremony and cocktail hour outside then moved inside for the reception. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to ANYONE!!
    Jen Married on 08/25/2018

Perfect Spot

The perfect spot for our big day. We have the whole venue to ourselves the entire day they only book one event per day. Liz was great to work worth. Very knowledgeable and helpful, she always had great recommendations.
    Emily Married on 07/14/2018
    Groveland Fairways was the dream venue we were looking for! Since we got married in July, we were looking for a venue where we could get married outside but had the relief of an air conditioned indoor venue. We also loved having the option to get married indoors in the ceremony room (incase of bad weather) and not just on the dance floor of the venue. Both the indoor and outdoor areas were classically romantic and the outdoor patio was perfect for both the cocktail hour and a reprieve from the dance floor. The food from the appetizers to dessert were delicious! Our guests are still raving about every bite they took! I would highly recommend attending one of Vinwood's tasting dinners! The true gem of this venue, however, is their wedding coordinator Liz! She was extremely knowledgeable and professional throughout the whole process. In the prep months she was prompt at returning emails, giving tactful advice, and making your vision come true. The day of, she makes sure everything runs like clockwork behind the scenes so you can have a stress-less day! Would highly recommend this location for any and all future brides!
    Amy Married on 06/16/2018
    From our first visit to Groveland Fairways and meeting with Liz, we knew it was where we wanted to get married and have our reception! It is such a beautiful place, both inside the venue and the outside too. Just walking through the front entrance, the feeling was so warm and welcoming. Liz was an absolute joy to work with and was so accommodating with any little request. Anytime I emailed she answered right away and was always so kind. I know she was working with other couples to plan their weddings too, but I always felt like we were the only wedding at Groveland Fairways!

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. From using the beautiful front entryway for our first look, to the gardens for pre-ceremony photographs. The outdoor ceremony space for a June wedding was beautiful and using the patio for cocktails and appetizers was perfect! Dinner catered by Vinwood caterers was delicious and our guests could not stop talking about how delicious the food was along with the generous portions.

We danced the night away without a single worry. (We only wished we had more time!) We would do it all again the same way and highly recommend this beautiful venue for a personalized and truly amazing wedding experience! Liz and the rest of the staff we worked with at Groveland Fairways are wonderful!
    Jaclyn Married on 06/09/2018
    I cannot say enough about the quality of service we received from Groveland Fairways for our wedding. The venue was perfect, it was affordable and amazingly beautiful all in one. Vinwood Caterers is wonderful. The service from all of the staff was wonderful. What really made my experience at Groveland Fairways one I will forever cherish was the experience I had working with Liz Croteau, the event manager. This woman is AMAZING. You want her help with you with your wedding, I promise. She was incredibly responsive to emails, outstandingly helpful in every single step of the process, and constantly made me feel like I was the only bride at Groveland Fairways for the entire 9 months of my engagement. She has a wonderful personality and is an absolute joy to be around. I asked her for suggestions on every dang detail of the wedding, from choosing vendors to choosing a signature cocktail, and she gave me the best suggestions for everything. On the day of the wedding she was incredibly supportive and helpful, and I had ZERO stress about how things were going to go because I knew that Liz would make sure everything went smoothly. I absolutely loved working with her and all of the staff at Groveland Fairways and I HIGHLY recommend considering them for your wedding!
  • Andrea
    Andrea Married on 05/26/2018

5 month engagement made easy

Choosing Groveland Fairways as our wedding venue was probably the easiest decision we made when planning our wedding. Shortly after touring the venue and sitting down to talk with Liz, I knew it was a perfect fit. We loved the amount of space within the venue and the gorgeous grounds outside. It was perfect that there was space for both an outdoor ceremony, and indoor in case of inclement weather. We were lucky to beat the rain and have our ceremony outdoors and then cocktail hour on the patio in front of the gorgeous fireplace. But it was great to know that the indoor space was set up just in case the rain started.

I can not say enough good things about Liz. Liz was amazing to work with. She made planning a wedding in 5 months easy and painless. She was a great resource and quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had. And when our wedding day came, the ceremony and reception went smoothly and perfectly. Liz was on top of everything and I did not have a single worry the entire day and night.

And lastly, the food! Groveland Fairways uses Vinwood Catering, and the food was delicious. I continue to have guests who tell me it was the best food at a wedding they have ever had. And I agree. Stephanie was also easy to work with and answered any questions when planning the menu.

Thank you Liz and Groveland Fairways for a perfect wedding day!
    Jenna Married on 05/12/2018
    I just wanted to thank the entire staff at Groveland Fairways for a great wedding on 5/12/18! The venue is beautiful and it was amazing to have a total of three different potential options for the ceremony! The night ran so smoothly (and way too fast)! Everybody loved the food and complimented how nice the staff was. Despite the not ideal weather we couldn't have asked for a better time. Liz was so helpful through out the entire process and made planning the day so easy! We can't thank you enough! We hope that when we renew our vows we can book here again and will keep out fingers crossed for a sunny day
    Alana Married on 10/20/2017
    We loved Groveland!!! Liz is phenomenal. She listens and provides great advice and ideas throughout the planning process! I have multiple food allergies and Liz assisted with coordinating with the caterer to create some additional appetizers for me. The outdoor space at Groveland is beautiful, and we had our wedding in front of their fireplace. We could not have asked for a better experience! If you have your wedding at Groveland, you will not be disappointed!
    Angela Married on 08/26/2017
    Our wedding at groveland fairways was perfect!

Venue - the venue itself if great because there's lots of different spaces. We got married outside and had cocktail hour on the patio which was awesome, but it's comforting to know they have an indoor ceremony space that is separate from the ballroom. I went to other venues where if it rained you had to get married on the dance floor. No thanks!!

Coordinator - Liz is a great resource. She provides lots of guidance along the way, but most importantly she handles everything on the rehearsal and day of - guides everyone through the rehearsal, takes care of the decor, coordinates with all the other vendors, and keeps the timeline running the day of. One of my bridesmaids commented on how she wished her venue had done the same. Also, one of my other vendors commented on how "on the ball" Liz is. It's true!

Food - although they don't do the food themselves, you have one catering option. And it was fantastic, our guests loved the food. From the tiny amount I ate, I can also say it was very good! The caterers are also very professional.

Overall I wouldn't have changed a thing, we are so happy with how it all turned out!