Grounded NY Reviews

27 Reviews for Grounded NY

• Stephan

Stephan · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Food was great!

Grounded catered our backyard wedding in September, and Linda really came to the rescue! We were very late planners, so she was very kind in even agreeing to accommodate us despite her schedule already being packed for the season. We were able to work with her on the menu until we got it perfectly right for our 'rustic outdoor grilling' vibes, while staying within our budget. Her staff was very professional and easy to work with on the day of the wedding, arriving on time and checking in during set up to make sure we were happy with everything. They even packed up the leftover food for us so nothing went to waste. Our guests loved the food, and we would be happy to work with Linda again.

Sent on 02/24/2020
  • Juan

Juan Bustabad · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Amazing Wedding Cake!

Linda was absolutely amazing to work with! My wife and I loved our wedding cake which was hazelnut with macerated raspberries inside and a very light plain butter cream on top. So good all of our guests raved about it! We definitely devoured the leftovers the next morning! Thank you, Linda :)

Sent on 02/11/2020

Adalake Barnwell · Married on 09/14/2019

Beautiful and Delicious Cake

Linda made us a beautiful and delicious wedding cake! Our guests all commented on how tasty it was. We had a lot of fun with the tasting process, and chose vanilla cake with salted caramel filling - scrumptious! Linda was totally professional , and after we decided on our flavors, everything was in her hands. We definitely recommend her!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Daniella

Daniella Gomez · Married on 05/18/2019

We HAD to save a slice for breakfast the next morning!

Ah! Where do I even begin?! Linda was an absolute angel to work with. My husband, J, and I we're looking for a simple rustic cake BUT with a really special taste and until this day, we still dream of having our cake one more time. We got a hazelnut cake with macerated raspberries in the middle and a very light plain butter cream over it (aka HEAVENLY). We even saved some for breakfast the morning after our wedding.

We're already planning a little getaway to Upstate New York to pay her a visit! x

Dani + J

Sent on 02/11/2020
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing Go-To Caterer For All Events - Wedding Planner Review

I am a wedding and event planner and have worked with Linda (owner and Chef at Grounded) and she is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. She is definitely my go-to caterer for events for multiple reasons. The quality of her food is outstanding. She is extremely creative and will develop menus that are very different than your standard event/wedding caterer. She loves to forage and grow her own vegetables and herbs. She uses all local ingredients and supports local farms. Not only is the quality of her food incredible, but her level of service is top-notch. She is extremely responsive and her on-site team is very experienced. My clients have always loved her and working with her. She's very outgoing, funny and driven! She never drops the ball on anything and always arrives on-site at the scheduled time and always produces amazing work. She is constantly looking for ways to be even more creative and I can't wait to see what she comes up with in 2020! I look forward to working with her more this year!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Claire · Married on 08/25/2018

Linda was a true pleasure to work with! Her expertise and amazing taste are evident every step of the way. We were so impressed by the variety of items on her menu, and her elegant presentation. Prior to the wedding, she invited us for a final meeting at the Grounded office and we worked through the final details which made us relaxed and confident for the event. Our guests were delighted by the food and the professional service. Thank you to Linda and her team!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Morgan · Married on 07/14/2018

We had such an amazing experience with Grounded. Linda is top notch and her food is unbelievable. Grounded played a huge role in making our big day SO special. We HIGHLY recommend Linda for your wedding food and cake.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Laura · Married on 06/02/2018

Linda did an amazing job creating our dream wedding cake. She was a pleasure to work with, very friendly, professional, and extreamly talented!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Suejin · Married on 10/14/2017

BOOK GROUNDED! Linda's food had my guests texting me about food for weeks after my wedding. She exceeded expectations- I felt like I was in a five star restaurant at my wedding. YUMMMMMM

Sent on 11/26/2017

Laura · Married on 06/11/2016

Amazing experience and amazing food!

Grounded and Linda specifically were absolutely wonderful to work with. The food was absolutely amazing and guests are still talking about it two years later! It was lovely working with Linda leading up to the big day and I felt confident that she would make all the right decisions and deal with any issues that would arise day of so I didn't have to! Would highly recommend to anyone searching for a caterer and day of coordinator. Excellent service!!

Sent on 12/04/2018

We met Linda at Grounded in August 2015. We instantly fell in love with her passion and excitement for creating beautiful, amazing cakes. During our tasting our mothers and ourselves were blown away by the flavors and how Linda's cake was simply spectacular.

Once we selected flavors and fillings the hard part for us was selecting a unique cake design. Linda was so understanding and kind. She helped create sketches and allowed us to pick custom paint colors to create the unique fondant we were looking for.

When we saw the wedding cake for the first time during our reception I was blown away by how much Linda had exceeded our expectations.. The flavor and quality of Linda's cake was the talk of the night and still now 2 weeks later. I have never been to a wedding were guests actually want 3rds and 4th of cake but our guests did. One guest actually described Linda's cake like edible gold!!

Linda at Grounded is a hidden treasure... I strongly recommend her to anyone looking for quality, unique, organic and just plain amazing wedding cake.

plus she makes the best grill cheese sandwich on homemade organic bread we have ever tasted. :)

Sent on 01/28/2016

Lindsay · Married on 08/10/2013

Thank you so much for making our wedding cake. It was gorgeous and delicious. Everyone at the wedding loved it! I would absolutely recommend this company. Linda is professional ad loves what she does and it really shows in her work. I love that she incorporates fresh and local ingredients in her cakes. It was a pleasure working with you. We are forever grateful for you being apart of our amazing day.

Sent on 08/19/2013

One of the best decisions I made was hiring Linda. Although I researched a number of caterers, I knew from our first conversation that Linda was my caterer and I so hoped things would work out. Not only did she consistently confirm my instinct but she went above and beyond in every way. Our wedding felt more like dinner at a friends home rather than a catered wedding meal. Every dish was full of love and represented us perfectly. She fulfilled every wish we had, added her own ideas we never even thought of, AND on top of that she was one of the more affordable options we contacted. Plus her staff was amazingly kind and helpful amd made sure we always had everything we needed--drinks and food included--on the day of the wedding. We could not be happier with the service Linda provided. It was the best food I've ever had at a wedding--and many of our guests told us the same thing. They are still talking about the brisket and the cake! Linda is a professional, an artist, and a kind and joyous spirit! Hire her!!!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Sara · Married on 10/19/2010

Linda is professional, lovely and a fantastic cook. Everything she makes looks beautiful and tastes incredible. I love that she uses all natural ingredients and sources them from the surrounding area.
    Her cakes are magnificent and she is so creative with her designs. She is also very flexible and will help you to create your ideal wedding.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Eve · Married on 10/19/2009

Linda at Sweet Nothings was absolutely phenomenal in every way possible. She was convenient to meet with, she worked with us on our budget and, most importantly, made the most delicious chocolates, cupcakes and cake EVER! Our guests were talking about the cupcakes for weeks after our wedding!! And, we still order her chocolates to this day! Definitely, absolutely, without a doubt recommend Sweet Nothings.

Sent on 03/13/2010
  • I

Indy Li · Married on 08/18/2018

Great food for a variety of eaters!

My husband and I booked Grounded NY for our August 2018 wedding after an absolutely delicious tasting. We did not opt to hire a wedding planner/coordinator, so I had the opportunity to work closely with Linda not only on food, but also figuring out rentals leading up to the big day. Linda was incredibly helpful during the planning stages as we crafted a menu and other minute details that were perfectly suited for us. The Grounded team was very professional. During our cocktail hour and reception they would frequently check in with us to make sure that my husband and I were also able to enjoy the food! Our guests, with a wide-range of preferences and dietary needs loved the food and the apple cider doughnuts we had for dessert were a hit! We highly recommend hiring Grounded NY for your catering needs.

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • F

Fran · Married on 09/17/2016

Linda is so wonderful, she puts you at ease and the food is amazing.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Gorgeous and delicious rich chocolate cake. They were totally flexible and easy to work with. We had a very happy experience with this bakery!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Alisha · Married on 08/21/2010

Linda makes absolutely fabulous wedding cakes. I'm a dessert fiend and was very picky about getting a cake that tasted like cake (and not cardboard). We ordered a hazelnut cake with dark chocolate ganache and it was out of this world. It was the first wedding I've seen where I caught guests getting seconds of cake!

Sent on 09/13/2010

Melanie · Married on 07/16/2010

Before:

I don't like cake, so we were looking for someone who was able to think outside of the box. If you are a cupcake or pie bride, or if you like any other assorted desserts, I recommend Sweet Nothings.

I like Linda from Sweet Nothing's style; it seemed like mom's home cooking, but it had a professional look. We are sooo excited for dessert! She is doing an assortment of all kinds of things for us. Now the hardest thing is deciding what to smash in each others faces!

After:

Linda did an amazing job. Our dessert table was more then we could ask for and more than our guests could eat, so overall huge thumbs up.

Sent on 08/03/2010

Jessie Behm · Married on 10/05/2019

Dream wedding cake

Linda made us a dream wedding cake. It was the most delicious out of every other bakery we tried - her chocolate and buttercream are perfection, and her pumpkin and cream cheese frosting is some of the best cake we've ever had. The cake was perfect and absolutely gorgeous, and we are still getting compliments from our guests on how good it was. If you're getting married in the Catskills, just pick Grounded (and definitely go for her truly amazing tasting!!).

Sent on 10/19/2019

Debbie · Married on 09/22/2018

Fantastic!

We highly recommend Grounded! Linda is knows her business and we trusted her. Three months later, our guests are still raving about the food.

Sent on 12/26/2018

Grounded NY's reply:

We absolutely LOVED working with you too Debbie! You guys are so fantastic together! Hope to see you upstate again before too long! ❤️

Emma · Married on 07/30/2016

3.6
      2.5
      3.0

Linda and her staff put together a beautiful catering experience with some seriously delicious food. I went in trying to engineer a relatively complex menu, and she was upfront that it would be costly and wasn't really in her wheelhouse. I truly appreciated her transparency. In the end we chose from her menu options. Everything was absolutely delicious, and the presentation was beautiful. Dishes that don't sound that exciting (grilled chicken) are transformed in her hands. Her servers are friendly and professional, and it all went off without a hitch. She even prepared a delicious vegan option for a few of our guests. Overall she is very flexible and delivers at a high bar - just be sure to communicate often and clearly.

Sent on 12/10/2016

Kathleen · Married on 10/29/2011

3.6
      3.0

One thing we loved about Linda’s cake is that it was MOIST. This can be really hard to find in wedding cakes, but she is religious about freshness. If a fresh, moist, delicious cake (with a variety of really interesting flavor choices) is important to you, Sweet Nothings is a great way to go. She was also very accommodating in making a gluten free cake for me (I was diagnosed with Celiac disease after we hired her).

While we were generally happy with the cakes, Linda convinced us to use a different type of frosting for the layers thank for the outside of the cakes, and we were very disappointed with how that turned out. Linda can also be difficult to connect with (by phone, email, snail mail, or in person). However, the ultimate result were two beautiful, delicious cakes that garnered rave reviews from many of our guests!

Sent on 11/24/2011

3.2
      2.0
      2.0

Linda was great to work with leading up to the wedding. She's very nice and friendly and flexible and the cake looked great. I was very pleased with the tasting and everything leading up to the wedding; however, on the day I was disappointed. The food was not like during our tasting and it didn't taste right (things weren't hot and they were either dry or burnt with a different flavor). Also, we were told that the bridal party is taken care of while they're busy taking photos during the cocktail hour. A server will be bringing the bridal party food and drinks so not to worry. This was not the case though. We were never brought any beverages and the first time I got to taste any of the hor d'oeuvres was when my mom brought a plate out to us after about 45 minutes of pictures. This was very disappointing. We were told that the catering staff would help direct the guests where to go for the cocktail hour and they did not. Also, the bartender opened every bottle of wine we had provided even though there was way more alcohol than we actually needed for our guests so we had to throw it out after the wedding, which was such a waste. I enjoyed the planning process but I don't feel that the final execution went off how we were promised and that's a let down when you're spending that much money.

Sent on 08/03/2014