Groove Place Dance Horn Band Reviews

Groove Place Dance Horn Band 3
Groove Place Dance Horn Band 4
Groove Place Dance Horn Band 5

Christine · Married on 10/05/2013

Groove Place 100% exceeded our expectations!! They had every single one of our guests out on the dance floor for the majority of the evening and they kept the energy level high while really working the crowd! For days to follow our families were saying how much fun they had and how amazing the band was. We couldn't have asked for anyone better! They really made it feel like a party that no one wanted to end!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Groove Place was great at our wedding. There were a lot of compliments during the wedding and after. Having a 9 piece horn band is, simply put, awesome. Our first dance was "I can't take my eyes off of you" by Frankie Valentine, and my bride and me had a choreographed dance that needed the song played precisely. Dana and his team did it. Everyone loved our dance, and that relied on the audio queues from the song. They also have a great mix of new songs (2013) and going all the way back to the early 1900s. Dana and his band are very friendly and their prices are reasonable. They will also learn new songs for your event (they did for ours)
    If you are looking for a band then definitely give these guys a chance. I did, and if I could go back in time would do so again.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/27/2013

We booked Groove Place for our wedding in September and they were hands down INCREDIBLE!!! I couldn't be more happy with them! The quality of their songs is amazing and they certainly know how to get the crowd going. They had guests of ours who don't normally dance getting down on the dance floor! At one point we literally could not fit any more people out there - it was awesome!

Dana was wonderful to work with and Groove Place was extremely accomodating to any requests and last minute changes we made. My Dad is a musician as well so I had asked Dana if he could play a few songs with the band, and they were extremely welcoming of the idea. My dad fit right in and I know it meant a lot to him to be able to play at his daughter's wedding.

I highly, HIGHLY recommend Groove Place for your next event - you will not be disappointed!!! I can't say enough good things about this band!!!

Thank you Groove Place for the incredible time and the incredible memories!

Sent on 11/07/2013

damian · Married on 09/21/2013

If you have any reservations regarding hiring Dana and his band Groove Place, get rid of them. Groove Place truly helped make our wedding the raging party we were after. Dana and his band are true professionals that have a deep passion for music and the performance they give. Throughout the entire process, Dana was very accommodating and flexible. He as able to pull off everything we wanted, even the unorthodox requests. These guys and gals strived to make your special event as memorable as possible. We still receive compliments from our guests on how great the band was and how much fun everyone had dancing. Thank you so much for making our day exactly as we had envisioned.

Sent on 11/22/2013

Catherine · Married on 09/07/2013

Groove Place was AMAZING!! The dance floor was packed all night which was exactly what we wanted!!

Everyone raved about the band all night and we keep hearing more praise as we see our friends and family since the wedding. I have and would recommend them to any of my friends getting married because they made our wedding SO fun!!

They are great at playing the party favorites - like Shout and Play That Funky Music - and also rocked the new hits like Blurred Lines and Locked Out of Heaven. You will be so happy if you select Groove Place as your wedding band! Dana was wonderful to work with. He was very flexible and communicative. I really felt like he understood us as a couple and what we were looking for. I didn't stress at all about the music. They came at a very good value considering how talented and professional they are.

I really can't say enough positive things about this band. Groove Place made our wedding so special and such a fun party!! It was one of the best decisions we made about the wedding!!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Carolyn · Married on 08/10/2013

Groove Place is wonderful! They are such a talented group of people and are incredibly easy to work with. Their repertoire is extensive and they keep adding new songs to their list. If you've always wanted a band with a horn section - this is your band! They played both my sister's wedding and my own - we highly recommend them. Thank you Groove Place!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Working with Dana was a wonderful experience! Our only qualm was information did not seem to be transferred accurately to the MC, as several names were mispronounced and during our 1st dance our wedding party and all guests were not invited to the dance floor as we had specifically requested. Otherwise, the band was phenomenal and guests can't stop talking about how much fun they had dancing the night away. Groove Place is very professional and an incredible group of musicians that we would highly recommend.

Sent on 08/10/2013

Groove Place Dance Horn Band's reply:

Dear Client,
    I wanted to let you know that the script was handed to the M/C but he still made some pronunciation mistakes. He is very good at announcements and sends his sincere apology to you guys for this! This is the first time he's every done that, so I was surprised to hear this? I know he does review names when he lines the bridal party up for announcements, but I think being outdoors and the confusion of gathering and lining up everyone lead to him not getting around to this?

The announcement of asking folks to join you guys during your first dance was my mistake. We had it on the planner, but I was so involved in playing the guitar for your song, that it slipped my mind. I should of done a better job of notating that on the planner and reviewed it more carefully before starting. I really feel bad about this!

Please except our sincere apology for both mistakes! We will review and change our processes so it does not happen in the future. We sincerely strive to do the very best at every event and I guess sometimes your going to make a mistake no matter what you do, it's human nature.

I really appreciate your glowing review and the gracious rewarding of five stars in each category on Wedding Wire, that was very nice of you!

Thank you and thanks for letting us know,
    Dana

Steve · Married on 07/13/2013

If there is a better wedding band than Groove Place in the Philadelphia area, I'd like to hear them. With their diverse repertoire, the band provides an experience that gets everyone--all generations--involved immediately. They make it difficult for people NOT to dance. Our guests made comments like, "I've been to a hundred weddings, but I've never heard a better band," and "Their covers are better than some of the originals." They are very easy to work with and very professional.

Sent on 07/20/2013

Jim · Married on 07/12/2013

If you're looking for a band for your event, stop looking right now and hire these guys. Dana was great and easy to work with and the band rocks. Bobby did a great job as an MC with names and introductions as well. They've got a great list of songs and absolutely made the party special at our wedding reception. Everyone was up and dancing and kept asking us where we found them. Fair warning: your feet will hurt the next morning from being on your feet all night!

Sent on 07/31/2013

Jeff · Married on 06/29/2013

Dear Dana,

My Wife and I would like to extend our apprecaiation and thanks for making our Son's wedding a spectacular event! Groove Place proved to be the perferct choice! Bobby, as your emcee, was very professional, including all of your fellow bandmates. The quality and wide varity of music that you played far excceeded our expectations and everyone that joined in for our celebration hasn't stopped commenting on how much fun they all had, and what a great band that we had chosen. As you witnessed, the dance floor was full all night!

Thank you again and please add me to your list of customer references as I would be happy to share our very positve experience in choosing Groove Place with any of your persepctive customers.

Jeff and Beth Holdridge.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Kyle · Married on 06/29/2013

Dana and Groove Place were exceptional vendors to work with. From start to finish, they accommodated everything that we wanted to include in our reception in a professional manor. Their energy on stage is contagious and we had 200 people dancing for the whole time.

If you are looking for a great wedding band, these guys are it!

Sent on 07/11/2013

Laura · Married on 06/08/2013

Groove Place was the first band I looked at for my wedding and the search ended there. Just book them. They are absolutely incredible performers and insanely easy to work with. Everything was perfect and my guests are still raving about them! Could not have had the amazing time we did without them! Thank you so much groove place you are amazing!!

Sent on 06/22/2013

Elaine · Married on 06/07/2013

This band blew it out of the park for my daughter's wedding at Skytop, PA. Everyone was dancing the entire night. It was a party that no DJ could provide. They were the talk of the guests that night and the weekend. I can't begin to tell you how many people came up to me and commented on how great they were. I had text messages the next day asking for the name of the band. My friends keep bringing up how unbelievable they were. Hearing the band in their home does not do it justice. Goove Place Dance Horn Band provided top-notch entertainment.. Dana was wonderful to deal with and he worked with my daughter and her fiance to learn songs that were important to them. They are the best!!!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Gabriela · Married on 05/18/2013

Groove place is AMAZING! When I found my wedding venue, the manager there just had her daughter's wedding and the first thing she told me was "you HAVE to get the same band". I am so happy I took her advice. We had the whole ten piece band so you can imagine the sound was awesome , not to mention that they can really rock a party. I swear we did not have one person sitting down at our reception; everyone was up and dancing! In our post-wedding conversations with family and friends, we honestly lost count of how many people talked about how awesome the band was. Thank you so much Dana and Groove Place!! Oh and of course I can't forget to mention how they are great in working with you and communicating before the big day; my dad and I sang a duet and the band was totally cool about playing the song for us and it turned out so wonderful and one of the most special moments of not only that night but it is now one of the most precious memories my dad and I have forever. Thank you!!

Sent on 06/02/2013

Ted · Married on 05/11/2013

We recently had Groove Place perform at our backyard Wedding Reception. From the very start Dana and all of the members of the band were such a pleasure to work with.

Come the day of the Wedding they arrived earlier than expected and were up and running with out a hiccup. As far as the music is concerned Groove Place did an absolutely amazing job. They had the whole dance floor packed for 3.5 straight hours singing along word for word.

After the reception we had a ton of guests tell us Groove Place was the best Wedding Band they had ever seen over the years. I cannot say enough about them and will be recommending them to everyone in the market for years to come!!

Groove Place we love you guys!!!

-Ted and Anna

Sent on 05/13/2013

Melissa · Married on 05/03/2013

Groove Place played for our wedding on May 3rd and I cannot say enough great things about the band. From start to finish they were professional, enjoyable to work with and flexible. They put on a great show at the wedding and everyone cannot stop talking about how great the band was! Especially when they exited the stage with their instruments and started a "love train" around the ballroom. That was a big hit. Groove Place made our wedding so special and myself and my guests will never forget how exceptional they were.

Sent on 05/16/2013

Catherine · Married on 04/20/2013

My husband and I were just married in April. Groove Place was my favorite wedding vendor to work with from the very beginning of the planning process, hands down. After seeing them perform at one of their showcase, I went home and immediately booked them.

My husband and I selected a mix of Motown and pop music for our wedding. The main compliment we’ve received (and are still receiving) on our wedding is how much our guests loved Groove Place. They kept our guests dancing for the entire duration of the reception, even in the very beginning when guests are normally sitting. And that includes me……..when I probably should have been visiting and thanking tables, I was dancing instead!

I had a very specific timeline that I wanted the reception to follow, and Dana (the band leader) was very responsive and accommodating to all of my questions and needs. He was also very organized and timely, which helped me a great deal.

Groove Place is a FANTASTIC band. If you’re thinking about hiring a band for your upcoming wedding, don’t make your selection without seeing them perform first!

Sent on 05/02/2013

Andrew · Married on 04/06/2013

Throughout the whole process from the first introductory email to the final song Groove Place was professional. There all great musicians and singers and everyone there was coming up to us saying how great the band is and how much fun they're having. The next day received texts and emails saying how much fun the wedding was and obviously it was the band who made it. They provided the perfect atmosphere and energy no matter if it was a slow or fast dance song. Would easily recommend this band for anyone looking to book a band for their wedding. By far the best price for the best talent out there in the Phila area.

Sent on 04/15/2013
  • Frank

Frank · Married on 12/29/2012

Groove Place was absolutely amazing from start to finish! The first words from everyone who attended our wedding are to commend the band and ask where we found them. From the moment we reached out to Groove Place, they were a pleasure to work with. Dana was absolutely amazing in making sure they accommodated our requests and help with any questions that we had. We scheduled several touch points leading up to the wedding and he was always very responsive and helpful. At our wedding reception, Groove Place had the entire room up and dancing even before the first course was served and the dance floor was packed the entire evening! The band played music based on our input while adjusting to the mood of the room and nailed every song they played. I can't recommend them enough and we have several family members who already want to plan some kind of other event just so we can hire the band again. To Dana and the band: thank you, you made our wedding day magical and amazing!

Sent on 02/04/2013

Groove Place made our wedding! They sounded excellent and were able to adjust their set throughout the night based on what was happening. During their three 10 to 15 minute breaks they were able to play songs that we had requested on their iPod. Everyone was dancing the entire night, which I think is a key sign that you have a great band. On another note, they were much more affordable than other bands we researched around the Philadelphia area.

Sent on 11/03/2012

Janine · Married on 10/20/2012

Dana and groove place were incredible. He was such a pleasure to work with- and service like that does not come every day. The band had the guests at my wedding dancing the entire night. After the wedding- everyone commented how they were the best wedding band they've ever heard- and because of them my wedding was one of the best they've ever been to. If you want to have no worries about your wedding music, then pick Groove Place!

Dana is the kind of guy you feel like you've known for years. He will cater to your every need and question and put you at ease during this stressful time. And trust me- he and the band will bring an incredible show. I really hope that I have another event that I can use them for because they are awesome!!!!!

Sent on 11/14/2012
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 10/19/2012

STOP! Do not hire any other band until you have heard these guys! Our guests are still talking about them 3 weeks after the event! Everyone was on the dance floor the whole time! The event venue manager talked to me about making them one of their preferred bands! If you want a band that understands how to rock a Wedding, relates to the audience, gets everyone dancing, then Groove Place is the band!

Now the details.... a successful event takes planning; it's not only the music. Their band manager, Dana Camacho, is extremely competent and experienced with Wedding events. He understands the planning process, listens to your needs, is readily available to answer questions and worked extremely well with our wedding planner, venue manager, sound company and, of course, us. We met early, picking through their substantial song list, worked out timing and schedule and what we wanted. He then worked with our planner and caterer for a seamless integration. He also took charge in resolving a concern about the in-house sound system and the venue constraints we had. Dana visited the site and came up with a solution that resulted in an incredible event! He knows what is needed behind the scenes to make it effortless. We had a lot of confidence in him and the Band. He also addressed our questions on back-up contingencies, eliminating anxiety about unforeseen illnesses on the part of any of the band members.

Now the performance! From the incredible vocals and presence of Bobby Jones and Jamie, to the awesome horn section, the rocking guitars and drums, they have a great presence! They interacted with the audience, knew how best to sequence the songs, were very flexible and moved with the vibe of the crowd! We felt they understood that it was our wedding and our enjoyment was the most important thing to them.

We highly recommend Groove Place for any event!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Nancy · Married on 10/13/2012

Thank you Groove Place for providing amazing dance music for my daughter's wedding. The ballroom at the Philadelphia Cricket Club was rocking all night long. My guests all asked the same question, "where did you find this band"?
    Your professionalism shone through the entire process, from the preview of the music, the contracting to the actual event, no surprises. My guests were completely engaged and we all had sore feet from dancing the night away. Thank you for being the cherry on top of our happy, celebration. I hope to have the opportunity to work with Groove place again.

Sent on 10/15/2012

jodie · Married on 09/08/2012

Groove place was the band for my brothers wedding back in 2010! When my Fiance and I began planning our own wedding there was no question as to who we wanted to play at our wedding!!! They traveled probably over 5 hrs to come to upstate NY from PA!! They learned our first dance and created a rendition that was better than the original!!! They created a party that people can not stop talking about!!! They made a lasting impression on all the guests there! I can not say enough about how great it was to work with Dana Camacho! I would definitely reccomend Groove Place for your wedding!!! Having a live band made the party so much fun let alone how great they sound and how interactive they are with the guests!!! Groove Place seperates themselves from the normal wedding band! They are in a class of their own! You will not be disappointed if you hire them!!!! They are wonderful!!!!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Lisa · Married on 09/07/2012

This band was amazing, I highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 09/19/2012