Griffins Floral & Event Design Reviews

21 Reviews for Griffins Floral & Event Design

1 User photo

Griffins Floral & Event Design 1

Sara · Married on 09/23/2017

I used Griffin's for my September wedding. I had a VERY specific vision that I was super excited about (succulents /greenery/white flowers no color) and they HIT IT OUT OF THE BALLPARK. I am SUPER particular and SUPER specific -they far surpassed what i was hoping for with minimal guidance. Everyone I worked with was a pleasure and the customer service was wonderful. The entire experience was seamless - would absolutely recommend to anyone!

Sent on 04/20/2018
    Griffins Floral & Event Design 2

Nichole · Married on 08/15/2015

Russ was amazing to work with. He put my fiancé and I at ease and clearly explained our options and his vision based on our budget and preference. He even found ways to lessen the budget but he was conscious to ensure he did not go over our budget. The arrangements and bouquets were absolutely gorgeous. I added an order of mini roses for the top of the cake a couple weeks before the wedding and he was great about the addition. He's very prompt and quick to respond. It was definitely worth the expense of fresh flowers and Russ is an artist with florals. Everything looked so magnificent and the ballroom was stunning with the arrangements.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Sherettha · Married on 08/31/2014

Russ was wonderful to work with! He had ideas and provided the bouquets that I envisioned within my color scheme. My bouquet was vibrant, fresh, and exactly what I wanted. The centerpieces and ceremony floral arrangements were absolutely beautiful. I received nothing but compliments regarding all of the floral arrangements! He truly has a creative approach and implements his customers’ visions. I would recommend Griffins Floral & Event Design to anyone needing a creative florist!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Doug & Elena · Married on 12/21/2013

Captured bride's vision for flowers. Provided excellent venue lighting. Was patient, flexible and professional.
    Overall a very positive experience. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Sent on 12/26/2013

Joe · Married on 08/17/2013

When our daughter was considering florists a year ago for her wedding... Russ Griffin came highly recommended. After considering several florists, she selected Griffin's Floral & Event Design. The wedding was on August 17, 2013. St. Brendan's Church in Hilliard was simply elegant. The reception (i.e. "Royal Ball) at St. Charles was absolutely stunning!! The flowers and lighting made the event sensationally beautiful. Throughout the evening... and for days following the event... we received some of the nicest comments about "the beauty" of the event. We could not be happier with Russ and his team. They are top-notch professionals! We highly recommend Griffin's Floral & Event Design.

Sent on 09/02/2013

Kristy · Married on 07/13/2013

We used Griffin's floral for 3 weddings in our family over the last 5 years. Each wedding had a different feel yet Griffin's Floral was able to capture what the Brides wanted.
    The reception floral arrangements were show stoppers and the bridal party flowers had unique & special touches that set them apart from the typical bouquets & boutonnieres. Russ and his staff worked well with all of us to stay on budget and to give suggestions. I would not hesitate to recommend them for any type of event as well as everyday floral needs. They are creative, professional & delightful to work with.

Sent on 02/12/2014

Tammy · Married on 06/22/2013

Russ and his team did an unbelievable job for our daughter's wedding this past June. Entering the reception venue just before the wedding was the first time we were brought to tears that day! The centerpieces were simply stunning, and set the tone and the atmosphere for the reception. When we had our initial meeting with Russ, she immediately knew she wanted Griffins's to handle her wedding flowers. Our daughter gave him her colors, told him what she didn't want, and Russ did the rest. She was confident that, with his creativity, he would do the very best job. He took everything, down to the design of her dress, into consideration. Our daughter gave him free reign with her bouquet, and it was so unique and simply beautiful...she trusted Russ so much that she had no idea what her bouquet would look like until it arrived on her wedding day. Since then, EVERYONE we see who attended the wedding comments on how beautiful the centerpieces were. Russ and his team had a huge part in making the day just what our daughter and her (now) husband had envisioned, and we can't thank him enough.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Amy · Married on 10/29/2011

We could not be happier w/ Russ and his team at Griffin's Floral Design! Russ was extremely helpful and professional! It was a little challenging to coordinate with vendors since we live out of state, however, Russ made everything easy with phone calls, emails, and was flexible with meeting with us when we came to town.

On the wedding day, all the flowers were perfect! The bouquets and boutonniere's were gorgeous as were the centerpieces at all the tables. We and our guests were amazed at how beautiful the reception room looked and a large part of that was thanks to the flower arrangements. I even had to call Russ around 7:00 pm the night before our 11a.m. ceremony as I had totally forgotten about a pillow for the ring bearer. Russ ensured he would get something together for us and he sure did! He found the perfect pillow at such short notice!

We can't thank or recommend Russ enough!

Sent on 01/08/2012

Terri · Married on 07/02/2011

My daughter and I worked with Russ this past spring (2011) in planning her wedding to be held at The Great Southern Theatre and the reception following at the Westin. It was held July 2011. Russ was very professional and had wonderful suggestions. We did have a large wedding party and 200 guest at our reception. My daughter had worked with Russ before in her job and told me how creative he was. She loved his work she had seen. Russ created these beautiful arrangements that were tropical with roses and large exotic flowers that were just stunning centerpieces. Everyone was overwhelmed how gorgeous they were. When my daughter and I went and checked on them upon their setting up, we were both brought to tears! It all just came together so well and Russ's pieces and the girls flowers were breathtaking. We could not have been any happier and we placed our total trust in him. Some of our flower choices we did not know if they would be available at our time in the summer, so we left it up to Russ to use his creative mind and create "his designs!" When we both saw Russ upon set-up, we just hugged him in tears! - Russ gets a total FIVE rating from us and we would use him again.

Sent on 07/11/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 06/25/2011

Our flowers were amazing!! I have never seen a bouquet that was as large or beautiful as mine. Everyone was very impressed with the quality of the flowers and Russ was great to work with! He stuck to our budget and was always available when we had questions!

Sent on 09/15/2011

Sarah · Married on 03/06/2010

Griffin's Floral Design is amazing! They took my ideas and helped me stay within budget. The bouquets and boutonnieres were gorgeous. I am not too much of a flower person and they understood this and kept things simple but beautiful. I was so happy and everything was amazing!

Sent on 03/19/2010

Kelly · Married on 10/17/2009

My husband and I were married on 10-17-09 and we used Griffins Floral & Event Design. My mom and I met with another prominent florist at the resquest of my event planner. We were so so glad we decided to go with Russ instead. From the day I met with him, I knew that his business would be perfect. He listened to what I wanted and not what he wanted to do for me (us). The flowers were absolutely beautiful. He did my bouquet and the boots. The flowers were delivered in perfect condition and were so fresh. If we had it to do all over again, we would not change a thing. If we need event flowers, etc. in the future; then we will definitely contact Russ and his business. Thanks, Kelly & Ivory Franklin

Sent on 02/05/2011

Kendra · Married on 08/30/2009

All of our flowers were gorgeous, from our bouquets right down to the flowers in the pews. The arrangements were exactly what we had visioned and more! I couldnt be anymore happier with the results.

Sent on 04/10/2010

Deborah · Married on 07/18/2008

This was the second wedding that I had hired Russ Griffin to do for our family. I must say that for the most recent one, I had orginally contacted a local florist to provide services, but after several months and meetings, I realized that the local person just did not share the vision that the bride had for the "WOW" factor of her ceremony and reception. So, I called Russ and luckily he was available on the wedding date. What a blessing that he was! He transformed a rustic pole barn into the most beautiful venue our area has ever seen! Guests are still talking about it. In fact last evening, I had an older gentleman say that he has been to tens of weddings for corporate colleages, in the Hamptons, at plantations, and all over the United States, weddings that were far more expensive than ours ...and he could honestly say that none of them held a candle to the one he just attended for our daughter two weeks ago! So...yes, there was a big "WOW" factor and I thank Russ and his crew so much for all of their hard work, vision, and dedication. Griffins Floral and Event Design is fantastic and I feel like I have made friends for life! Russ takes great pride in his product and will tell you if he thinks something will look good or not, so take his advice...he knows his stuff!

Sent on 10/05/2012

Caitlyn · Married on 04/07/2012

I cannot say enough good things about working with Griffin’s Floral Designs. Russ worked closely with us to be sure that we were getting everything we wanted for our wedding day. He asked our budget and was very respectful to stay within our budget, not trying to up sell us anything else. I also appreciated that Russ gave us his professional opinion, but in the end was not afraid to do what we wanted. Russ took a lot of the stress out of picking flowers because he was so knowledgeable, and had gained so much of our trust. We had ordered a trial run of our centerpieces so we could see what he did and change anything we did not like. There was not one thing we could find that we did not like when we saw the trial run. The flowers were GORGEOUS on our wedding day. I could not have been happier. I highly recommend Griffin’s Floral Designs for your day.

Sent on 05/09/2012
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 12/10/2011

Russ will help you create a unique vision for your wedding that will wow your guests. He is a creative idea man who thinks about the entire feel of the event, not just the center of the table. His designs are distinct and make an impression.

The incredible lighting options will make your room look absolutely magical. Griffins Floral & Event Design uses the highest quality of flowers and adds personal touches to its designs.

I appreciated Russ's advice on how to save money on ceremony decor. He worked with me to stay within my budget and took the time to explain everything.

My only complaint is that his meetings run late by about 15-20 minutes.

Sent on 02/09/2012

Michelle · Married on 10/01/2011

Russ was wonderful to work with. Our flowers and centerpieces were breathtaking. Everyone was raving about our reception and I couldn't have asked for anything more when I walked in. Russ helped put a vision together for us, when we didn't really have a clear one. My bouquet and the bridesmaids flowers were more than I ever could've imagined. We also used this vendor for renting chairs, accent lights and tablecloths and I didn't have to worry about a single thing. When I walked into our reception venue... I was speechless.

Sent on 06/08/2012

Alicia · Married on 08/07/2010

Russ was GREAT to work with! He was extremely professional and friendly. I was amazed at the care and time he took to meet with us about the ideas and visions for the wedding and reception. When I walked into the venue, I was literally in awe. I've been married a month and STILL have people talking about the flowers and decor at the reception venue. I put a lot of trust in Russ as I am not that familiar with flowers and I was planning from afar. He had a specific vision and after he mapped (actually drew the room set up out on paper), I told him to have fun with it! He stayed within budget and would call whenever he had a question, etc.

Even towards the day, there were last minute requests that we had (such as a smaller boquet to toss)! He was quick to respond and was available day of to help with any needs.

The only downside we found was that when the flowers were dropped off at the hotel, we didn't get a chance to meet with him and make sure everything was accounted for. The small boquet and flowers for my hair weren't found. This may have been a hotel error but we ended up tieing some of the flowers from the church with a bow and wala! it became the boquet toss arrangement! Upon calling Russ the morning of the wedding, he met us halfway with beautiful flowers for my hair (that actually worked better than the original flower idea I had for my hair!)

I give Russ almost perfect scores -- despite the minimal setbacks, the arrangements and room decor (and LIGHTS) were amazing. He turned the reception site into a beautiful and romantic wonderland -- it was more than I could have ever envisioned and I want every bride to receive the same service I did!! Russ is personable and a master at his work. I put full trust in him and he delivered!!

Sent on 08/31/2010

Ashley · Married on 07/22/2016

They did amazing with my bouquet and my girls. Went above and beyond my expectations. They lasted all day. The girls bouquets made excellent flowers arrangements for the head table. Had a bit of a hiccup with the mothers flowers but they accommodate with my request. The price was in our budget.

Sent on 08/01/2016
  • Cassie

Cassie · Married on 07/07/2012

3.0

I cannot even begin to describe how FANTASTIC our centerpieces/decorations turned out. My husband and I decided to give Russ Griffin full artistic freedom to our beach-themed wedding and he delivered the most spectacular bouquets/pieces of art I have ever seen. Both the reception venue and our photographers told my parents that they have never been to a wedding as beautiful as ours!!!! Our photographers even took twice as many photos of the reception site and gave us the largest stack of images they have ever taken at one wedding. We were absolutely blown away by the beauty and detail! The only negative thing I have to say is that we had a few communication issues throughout the pre-wedding planning. Our emails to Russ never seemed to go through and we had a hard time getting a hold of him on the phone sometimes. This didn't affect any of his work or the service he provided but it was a little stressful at times.

Sent on 08/31/2012

3.2
      2.0
      3.5
      3.0

Coordinating meetings and services was a nightmare with this vendor! I was extremely disappointed because I had seen such good reviews :-/ I should have switched florists, but I met with Griffins at a bridal show and they had the most beautiful bouquets for my bridal party and myself! My husband and I felt like we may have been a low priority because we did not order a large amount of flowers- whatever the reason, it was a stressful experience! However, our flowers were beautiful for the wedding!

Sent on 11/22/2014