Greystone Hall Reviews

Greystone Hall 3
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 10/19/2019

Exceptional Service

Perfect spot for an Akron wedding. The ceremony and reception are held in the same building (on different levels) with free parking across the street in a parking deck. Greystone Hall is an old Masonic building built over 100 years ago, so the unique architecture adds to the experience. My husband and I were members of a wedding party here in 2015 before getting married here ourselves in 2019, and we just fell in love with the atmosphere. Excellent value for bar and food service. Greystone handles all the catering, communicates with vendors, and offers exceptional customer service every step of the way. It put our minds at ease knowing that we were doing business with people who genuinely cared about our experience.

Sent on 10/31/2019

ashleigh · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful venue with very experienced staff!

First of all the pictures do not do this place justice! Greystone was so professional and clearly has had lots of experience with weddings. Ron and everyone I worked with were very knowledgable, flexible, experienced and prompt with responses. They provide catering (it was really good!), the bar, the linens, chairs and tables which meant I didn't have to coordinate with/pay other vendors! Because they cater the event the price to rent the venue is super cheap! After the first meeting they will give you a price estimate for food, bar, linens, chairs, etc and it is all inclusive with tax and tips so there really are no surprises with payment. We met with Ron to do the menu tasting and they have a great variety of options. He also guided us through planning a very detailed timeline of the night, things we didn't even think about! He took all our vendor names (DJ, photobooth, florist, bakery) and contacted them to set up delivery time and set up- I didn't even talk to these vendors day of and everything was set up perfectly! They were flexible with last minute changes right up to the day before. The day of the reception the wedding coordinator with us kept everything moving smoothly and made sure to check in with us. Their attention to detail really shows that they have a lot of experience and really care that the night goes perfectly for the couple. My reception went so smoothly and I felt so relaxed as the only thing I had to do that day was get ready and show up! We have gone to other weddings since ours and talked with other couples and realize how lucky we were to have no complaints with our venue. Our experience with Greystone was above and beyond what we expected and we still remain amazed at how perfect our night was! I can't recommend this venue enough!

Greystone Hall 4
    Greystone Hall 5
    Greystone Hall 6
    Sent on 06/15/2019

Kayla · Married on 09/16/2017

I highly recommend Greystone Hall to any bride looking for an elegant and timeless venue for her special day. The beauty of the hall speaks for itself - tons of decorations are not needed, as it has so much character on it's own. All of the staff that we worked with were kind, helpful, responsive, and professional. They helped us set up the day before the wedding and had everything packed up neatly in boxes waiting for us the Monday after the wedding. We had no worries or glitches the day of, as they were there for every step, making sure that it ran smoothly. They do all of the catering themselves, serve plated meals, and are able to accommodate special diets, etc. The food is absolutely delicious - our guests are still talking about it! If you're willing to pay a little more than your average venue, you will truly get your money's worth at Greystone.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Jessica · Married on 08/26/2017

I truly can't say enough good things about Greystone! Ron Dorsey, Kelly Byers, Christine, and the entire Greystone staff were all absolutely phenomenal to work with. From the second we first saw the venue last year with Kelly, I knew that it was the perfect place for our reception. The ballroom is breathtaking!!! I had a million questions during our wedding planning journey, and Ron was there for me every step of the way with advice and guidance. When our big day finally arrived, it went better that we could have imagined it! Everyone at Greystone did such an incredible job making our reception an absolute dream come true. We have heard so many wonderful things from our guests about the wait staff (who were professional, courteous, and totally on top of things) and the food (which was out of this world). Once the reception was over, the staff packed up all of our decorations and belongings and made sure everything was in order for us to take home. No stone was left unturned and I'm so appreciative of that. Each and every person at Greystone deserves so much praise. They worked extremely hard and it showed. I am so, so, so grateful that we chose this as our venue and I would recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Erin · Married on 04/29/2017

We feel so lucky to have found Greystone Hall for our wedding reception! From the initial meeting with Kelly Byers to our food tasting with Ron Dorsey, it was just so easy to create the reception of our dreams! The ballroom, bar area, and lounge speak for themselves- beautiful, classy, and perfect. The food was incredible and our guests raved about it! I couldn't have found a better venue in this area for our reception and it was worth every penny!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Allie · Married on 07/30/2016

Wow. This was the first venue we saw and nothing we saw after topped it. The place is so beautiful you hardly need to worry about decorations. People were blown away by the food. The room where I got ready with the girls was phenomenal and our bridal party entrance couldn't be topped. And while our guests felt like we spent a fortune, the place was so reasonably priced. They charge you by the guest up until the DAY BEFORE - so even if you have guests unable to arrive they won't charge you for them. The coordinators were extremely precise and well organized. My husband and I loved the place and will forever hold Greystone in our hearts.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Greystone Hall's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Allie. We are thrilled that you and your guests enjoyed your time here!

People are still talking about how beautiful, delicious, and fun my wedding was. The venue was incredible, especially at night. The service, from the time we booked until the last second of our wedding was perfect. I would tell anyone to plan their wedding at the Greystone. It is stress free, as they take care of EVERYTHING, and just breathtaking. Not to mention, the food is INCREDIBLE! The coordinator even went above and beyond when our DJ backed out the night before the wedding. Ron Dorsey at Greystone called around and found us an extremely last minute, PHENOMENAL DJ.

Sent on 06/16/2016

Highly recommend for weddings! All staff are knowledgeable and friendly. They take care of everyone especially the bride. So many guests were saying it was the best wedding food they ever had. The building is elegant and service is unbelievable! Definitely a hidden gem in downtown Akron. They saved our wedding day! We are happy we followed our gut & changed our venue to Greystone 4 months prior to our wedding. Highly recommend to any couple looking to have a classy & elegant wedding!

Sent on 10/16/2015