Greenpoint Loft Reviews

17 Reviews for Greenpoint Loft

• Helen

Helen M. · Married on 06/08/2019

Greenpoint Loft - Magical

The Greenpoint Loft was the perfect venue. It set the perfect ambiance that my husband and I were looking for. Adam was very easy to work with and very communicative.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Bruce

Bruce T. · Married on 12/15/2018

Great Experience for a Winter Wedding

Lovely venue that is a nice departure from the more common hotel ballroom or farmhouse style weddings. We were looking for something distinctly "brooklyn" and this fit the bill perfectly. The wide open floor plan let's you make the space "yours" and was great for our size party (172), The folks at BK venues were very easy to work with, and we didn't find ourselves overly restricted (bring your own vendors, alcohol, etc.) or nickle and dimed. Definitely recommended.

You will, however, have to book WAY in advance if you want a Saturday night.

Sent on 03/15/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 11/11/2018

Beautiful Space for a Unique Wedding!

The Greenpoint Loft was the first venue we looked at & it was pretty much a done deal after that. We loved the restored wood, the patio & the height of the beams. We also loved the idea of doing an "a la carte" wedding in terms of the vendors we picked. It gave us the opportunity to have a unique wedding in this historical space. The venue director Adam was so wonderful & responsive leading up to the wedding. Day of, the staff was so helpful & accommodating. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/16/2018

Beautiful, unique venue

We cannot say enough about the natural beauty of The Greenpoint Loft. We had first heard about BK Venues from a friend who had gotten married in another one of their lovely spaces and when we saw The Greenpoint Loft for the first time, we were in love. We were planning the wedding ourselves (with the help of a wedding day-of coordinator, Stephanie Gatton, who is the best) and wanted a unique space that would “speak for itself.” We found it in The Greenpoint Loft and MUCH more. Our guests are still raving about the space and the breathtaking view of Manhattan from the outdoor patio (I don’t know how this is even possible but it’s even more beautiful in person). The staff at BK Venues is also fantastic! We had a great time working with Adam, who always responded to our emails within minutes. Excellent staff, incredible space. We couldn’t be happier!

Sent on 11/01/2018
  • Y

Yulia · Married on 09/14/2018

We LOVED our Sept-18 wedding at the Greenpoint Loft. The venue itself is beautiful and the location is great! Our guests are still talking about how gorgeous the space is and what a great time they had exploring the rooftop and taking in the views of Manhattan. Working with the venue personnel was extremely easy and everyone was helpful and pleasant. Our vendors also enjoyed working at the GL and praised the venue and all its staff. If you are lucky to get an available date with this venue for your wedding, I would highly suggest booking it ASAP. This space is truly one of a kind and I hope to attend another event here in the future.

Sent on 09/30/2018
  • Margarita

Margarita · Married on 09/03/2016

My husband and I were married at Greenpoint Loft on Saturday September 3rd. We had visited about 5 other venues prior to this one, but once we took a tour of Greenpoint Loft we knew immediately this is where we would get married!

To say it was beautiful and unique is an understatement. Every single one of our guests commented on how incredible the venue was. We had access to the roof deck during cocktail hour, so everyone got a stunning glimpse of the NYC skyline, which made for amazing photos and conversation.

We wanted a wedding venue that would speak to our aesthetic sensibilities and feel like "us." Greenpoint Loft did exactly that. If you are looking for a space that is rustic, elegant, and modern, Greenpoint Loft is for you!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 07/25/2015

Greenpoint loft is an amazing venue if rustic and DIY is your thing. At Greenpoint loft you are able to do it all your way; buy your own alcohol, have your own caterers, dj, florist ect. Just beware, your rental bill will be a big expense but it will be all worth it when you see your guests faces when they watch the sunset over Manhattan on the roof

Sent on 08/02/2015

Jax · Married on 05/03/2014

Words can't describe how much my husband and I loved our venue.

This is a relatively new venue and my husband and I were the third couple to see the space. He was looking for a more modern space and I wanted the rustic feel of a barn. Somehow, we both fell in love with the venue and it was the perfect compromise for our tastes.

It was in bad disrepair when we saw it, but we knew the potential and the contact, Chris, promised us that they would make sure the venue was perfect by our wedding day. This was a promise he kept!

We had 150 people but we could have easily had 30 more and fit everyone comfortably. There are beautiful large windows around the space that all look onto the Manhattan skyline - once we went from day to night the skyline was practically part of the wedding decor :p

The venue is two floors, and we had our cocktail reception on the second floor (which overlooks the main floor). There is also a gorgeous balcony on the second floor and everyone loved drinks overlooking the East River and Manhattan!

A venue is a venue, but what puts The Greenpoint Loft ahead of the rest is the service. Super response, super helpful and clearly invested in making sure our day was perfect.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Alyssa · Married on 12/07/2013

perfection.... simply the best. a real hidden gem.

Sent on 08/07/2014
  • Clare

Clare · Married on 06/29/2018

We loved having our wedding at the Greenpoint Loft. It was cool and charming with an open space plan that was beautiful in its raw state. We chose the venue because we wanted to have an outdoor space, had beauty on its own, and could accommodate up to 200 people. It fit the bill! We ended up having 140 guests and i was nervous about the space feeing too big, but it was perfect. They allowed us to bring in everything and we were not pressured to rent from their selections. We could decorate however we wanted, just could not damage the wood or bricks. There are two suites for the Bride and Groom that each have private bathrooms. They were the perfect space to store personal goods, sneak away to for a quiet moment, and have a friend assist you in a private bathroom to help you with your dress! Additionally, there was SO much natural light in the venue which really just sets a good tone.

Our guests raved about the uniqueness and raw beauty, and were thrilled to walkup an old staircase to find a magical little lofted area and then an even more magical terrace which oversaw Manhattan. It was the perfect setting for the stunning summer NYC sunset! It really is a great venue and email communication was great throughout the process.

One minor thing I could have done without: the morning of a DIY wedding, amidst 100 moving parts, vendors, and people, the venue appeared to be showing the space to prospective clients and had meetings in the space and we were not informed of this. It was a little awkward to have to ask people to step out and/ or have to work around them so we could finish our work in a timely manner. That being said, I would still 100% recommend the space!!!

**photo's by Katherine at Wilde Scout Photo**

Sent on 07/19/2018

Sherry · Married on 08/23/2015

We LOVED our wedding at Greenpoint Loft.

People are still telling me what an amazing, unique and beautiful venue it was. They've also done some awesome renovations (gorgeous tiled wall upon entrance, new deck (with one of the best views of Manhattan I've ever seen) and beautiful new bathrooms).

The staff was prompt, helpful and very responsive to my many emails.

Warning: You might be turned off by the location. The loft is the 5th floor of an ugly building on an ugly industrial street. Get over it! The inside is GORGEOUS! Also, parking is not easy and valet is worth it.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Green point Loft is an extremely unique venue, and was the perfect venue for our Brooklyn wedding! Our family and friends were absolutely floored by the venue, and it was so easy to decorate because of the inherent beauty of the raw space. They've made a lot of improvements/updates, which worked well for us (especially the new bathrooms) but I hope they keep the rawness of it at the end of the day.

I couldn't really comment on working directly with the venue for the day of, because our coordinator (Caroline Sheahan) and caterer (Fig & Pig/Holly Shepherd) did most of that coordination. But the event staff were super helpful in getting pictures, access to various parts of the building, and helping to coordinate the pickup and cleanup of the space.

When I tell you that every guest commented on the beauty of the space, I'm only slightly exaggerating. At least half the 125 guests commented on it. It was amazing. Highly recommend.

Sent on 05/10/2015

Candace · Married on 06/20/2014

Greenpoint loft is an amazing space, perfect for a true NYC wedding experience. We dressed it for a black tie affair but it could easily be used for an awesome hip wedding as well. They're pretty strict about load in/out, trash removal etc but that's only because the place is becoming so popular. We loved it and get to spot it everyday we drive down the FDR.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Kelly · Married on 10/07/2016

The Greenpoint Loft was the only wedding venue that my husband and I looked at for our wedding on 10.7.16. My husband and I are from CT, and I had found the venue on Style Me Pretty. We decided that if we liked the Greenpoint Loft, we would get married in New York, and if not, we would get married locally. The second we stepped into the Greenpoint Loft, we knew that was the one.
    I am a wedding planner, and I like to transform non-traditional spaces into wedding venues. I had always pictured myself getting married in an old warehouse, so how fitting that the Greenpoint Loft used to be a rope factory/warehouse. My husband likes the "rustic" style, so the Greenpoint Loft was the best of both worlds.
    What really drew us in (and totally impressed our out of town guests) was the rooftop terrace that overlooked the Manhattan skyline. We, luckily, had gorgeous weather on our wedding day, and our guests spent a ton of time outside.
    Everyone I emailed at the Greenpoint Loft was incredibly responsive and helpful, although I was never sure who my direct contact was. Most of my vendors came from the list of preferred vendors provided to me by the Greenpoint Loft, and I was so thankful for that. They knew the space and all of it's quirks, so that was helpful.
    The Greenpoint Loft is a wonderful hidden gem in an industrial-looking section of Greenpoint. I fully recommend the Greenpoint Loft to anyone looking for a non-traditional venue in Brooklyn.

Sent on 12/22/2016
  • Ella

Ella · Married on 09/17/2017

We were so excited to celebrate at The Greenpoint Loft! We fell in love as soon as we saw it. It was a perfect blank space for us- with all the amenities we needed (getting-ready rooms, kitchen, bar) while allowing us to make all of our own choices. The BK venue staff communicated with us all along the way and allowed us to come in as many times as we wanted to look at the space. We highly recommend it!

Sent on 09/23/2017

4.2
      3.0

Great and beautiful space with a lot to offer.

Sent on 01/07/2014

2.2
      2.5
      0.5
      1.5

Such an amazing, and beautiful venue. It was perfect for our vintage/rustic brooklyn wedding! But the event coordinator got flakier as the event neared, and tried to make last minute changes as far as rental pick ups were concerned. And I've never known this venue or it's employees to EVER pick up their phones so your best bet for contact would be via email!

Sent on 10/14/2014