Greenlight Creative Reviews

36 | Portland, OR

36 Reviews for Greenlight Creative

36 Greenlight Creative Reviews

Madilyn Evans-Gloria · Married on 09/15/2018

At all times remain flexible!

The staff worked to accommodate a "change in weather" and re-purposed all the lighting w/out any additional charges or waste. They worked very hard to deliver a great lighting experience for our daughter's wedding! Thank you.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thank you so much, guys! We really enjoyed meeting you and working with your family, what a fun event....even with the change in weather!
  • Anitra

Anitra Ahmad Lao · Married on 09/02/2018

Amazing company to work with!

Dwayne was very pleasant to work with. Day of, everything was seamless and unobtrusive. They did a great job with timing and everything looked phenomenal.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Yay! Thank you Anitra! We LOVED your vision for your wedding...the Tiffany Blue was SO cool and SO fresh looking, it really worked! It was a pleasure to work with you and meet you. Congrats again!

Benjamin · Married on 09/02/2018

Beautiful event!

Greenlight Creative was collaborative, easy to work with and created a beautiful end result for my wedding. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thank you Benjamin! Congrats to you both on your big day, and all our best wishes for a happy life together!

Brittany · Married on 06/23/2018

I am a wedding coordinator and have worked with Greenlight once before. They really outdid themselves this time. I worked with Dwayne for most of the planning and then with Dena as we got closer. As we started to get closer to the wedding date (9/15/18), we realized the forecast was going to include rain and we had to implement the rain plant - a tent, which the couple really preferred not to have. Dwayne was so patient, quick to respond and understanding of the week-of chaos that ensued as we figured everything out. As always, I recommend them and even more so after this positive experience. Thank you Dwayne and Dena!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Brittany! You guys are ALWAYS awesome over at Your Perfect Bridesmaid! It was a pleasure as always to work with you. Glad we could help you bring it all together. Thank YOU!

Jenny · Married on 11/11/2017

I knew I wanted to hire Greenlight, because I have seen their design work on other events. I showed them the ceremony and reception space and then left it in their hands to design all the lighting.

They completely blew me out of the water. It was so amazing. Because of the lighting, they turned a tented parking lot and a warehouse space into a warm and cozy space for 250 people in the middle of November. They also turned our custom watercolor artwork from our wedding invitation and created the same pattern on the walls of the warehouse.
    I would highly recommend this company. Their lighting design skills are impeccable and without doubt, they are worth every penny.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thanks so much, what an honor to get to light your wedding and reception, such a beautiful event! Congratulations!

Dena · Married on 10/21/2017

I wanted a creative design layout for the café lights we were renting from Greenlight Creative for our venue. Dwayne patiently worked with me to come up with multiple design options that could be safely hung in the venue and still achieve a different look than the typical layout for the space. It came together beautifully!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Always a pleasure working with clients with great taste, who aren't afraid to ask us to stretch a bit...it's what we love to do! THANK YOU, and congrats!
  • Blanchard

Adam · Married on 09/16/2017

Dwayne is amazing! Would highly recommend!!!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thank you sir! Congrats to you both, glad you all had a great time!

Jen · Married on 09/10/2016

The lighting added so much to our wedding! Since we used the same venue for the wedding, happy hour and reception the lighting allowed us to easily change the look with literally a switch of a button. This was incredibly convenient and we got TONS of compliments. Thanks for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thanks so much, and congrats! It was so fun to work with you guys!

Amber · Married on 09/09/2016

Dwayne was sooo knowledgeable and helpful. Really made the lighting from start to finish so smooth.

Judy · Married on 07/23/2016

Our wedding was an outdoor evening event. It was beautiful but the lighting Greenlight created put it over the top!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thank you Judy! Can we do this every year? We miss Ouzo the Dog!

Noah · Married on 11/07/2015

It was great working with Dwayne from Greenlight Creative on our wedding. Dwayne was very responsive and professional. He knew our venue (Urban Studio) very well and was able to give us good advice on what kind of lighting would work there and fit the look we were going for. Everything was ready to go the day of the wedding and looked great.

Sent on 03/07/2016

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thanks Noah, it was a pleasure working with you guys! Congrats!

Absolom J · Married on 11/06/2015

Dwayne at Greenlight took our (probably confusing) ideas and created exactly what we wanted. And he is really easy to work with. Just a great experience overall.

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thanks so much, you guys were EASY and FUN to work with, we love seeing our clients put this kind of thought and consideration into their lighting and decor. You guys did your homework and that was a joy to see. Best wishes to you both!

Spencer · Married on 10/03/2015

Dwayne is so so great! He is the best of the best in Portland. He COMPLETELY transformed our space and brought our vision to life, except it was BETTER than we could have ever envisioned. I can't even describe how amazing it was walking into our venue on wedding day and seeing the ambiance he created. He worked within our budget and gave us realistic opinions and options. He was responsive and everyone on his team we communicated with was professional and made us feel like we were their only client. Thanks Dwayne! ~S+D

Sent on 10/19/2015

Greenlight Creative's reply:

YOU guys were one of our favorite couples this season! It's fantastic to work with friendly, focused people...you knew what you wanted and you knew how to let us roll up our sleeves and make it happen. I thought it came out splendidly, and I'm thrilled that you both agree. Here's to your love, happiness, and success....you guys are a spectacular couple!

As someone in the wedding industry I knew that my venue would benefit greatly from Greenlight's expertise. I was starting with a simple space and the proper drape and lighting would creative the ambiance i wanted. Lighting is such an easy way to change a room and go from simple to wow. I wanted my guests to enter our reception space and just feel the mood we created with our colors, lighting and drape. This team is always so professional and great to work with.

Thank you team!

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thanks to YOU for the kind words, and congratulations!

They did a great job. We were very happy with the lighting and all other services.

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thank you, and best wishes!

Caroline · Married on 08/08/2015

Dwayne at Greenlight Creative was awesome! I had a specific idea of how I wanted my wedding to look and he exceeded my expectations! He was super responsive to my emails with my amateur drawings (yes I included drawings to him) and he met with me at my venue to show me sample colors of up-lighting and discuss and brainstorm how we could make my vision for my wedding a reality.
    When I walked into my ballroom on my wedding day it was exactly what I wanted! It looked beautiful!
    Thanks again for being so great and easy to work with!

Sent on 02/25/2016

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thank YOU Caroline! We love it when our clients have such a clear view of what their dream wedding looks like! Congrats and best wishes to you both!

Rana · Married on 07/20/2015

We met with Dwayne at the Greenlight Creative office for a consultation. We told him we didn’t want bare white walls, and needed color. Our reception was going to be full of color, from gold rimmed plates, teal blue table linens, and eggplant napkins, to coral and jewel tone flowers for centerpieces. Laying out a picture of how the room would look, he gave us a plan for the lighting that was incredibly complimentary, and not overpowering or too dark. He also helped us find ways to save money and was very practical. We finalized what we wanted, signed the contract.
    The Greenlight team came in, set up, and left as quietly as a mouse. When we looked over the room, the touch of glowing color on the walls helped bring a warmth to the room and created that intimacy we were looking for. It was beautiful!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Rana! Always good to hear that what we strive for is really being achieved. Deepest congratulations to you both, and best wishes!

Carmen · Married on 09/20/2014

Greenlight Creative did a phenomenal job with the production for our wedding. The draping and black crystal chandeliers were stunning, and the lighting was absolutely perfect! Dwayne was very responsive and always got back to us in a timely manner. He was respectful of our budget, and was honest with his suggestions for our event space. Everything was even more beautiful than we pictured it, Greenlight truly helped make our dream a reality!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Carmen, it was an absolute joy to work with you. Your vision was fantastic, and we loved helping bring it to light! Cheers and best wishes to you both!
  • User4220772 · 2+ years ago

Dwayne at Greenlight Creative was very responsive and integrated and executed my vision perfectly!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Greenlight Creative's reply:

So glad to hear that everything went well. Thanks so much, and best of luck to you both!

Dwayne is awesome. He is collaborative, creative, and was willing to work within our budget. He is a complete professional, and the lighting he created for our winter-themed reception was breathtaking. Once the design was approved, I didn't have to worry about a thing. He took care of it all. I can't speak highly enough of him.

Sent on 07/03/2014

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thanks guys....always wonderful to work with such a focused theme. We loved the challenge of this venue, and YOUR vision was fantastic! Best of luck to you!
  • User4611901 · 2+ years ago

One of the things I appreciated most about Greenlight Creative was their flexibility and how easy they were to work with. Everyone was nice and just made the process great. I didn't feel like I was being pushed to add all sorts of crazy stuff to my package. They listened to what we wanted and that was that, it was just really nice. The day of the event every was quick and everything went off great. Not to mention, the lights were absolutely PERFECT and just what my husband and I were looking for.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thanks so much, and best wishes to you!

Megan · Married on 11/02/2013

YOU MUST HAVE LIGHTS!!! Such a difference, such an impact, such a game changer! YES, YES, YES! Dwayne & team... You're incredible!

Sent on 11/10/2013

Greenlight Creative's reply:

It was a total delight to work with you guys. Fun, great taste, friendly....hope to have a chance to work with you on something in the future! Best of luck to you both, and Congratulations!

Courtney · Married on 09/21/2013

I worked with Dwayne Thomas with Greenlight Creative for my wedding. He was very responsive through the whole planning process, and was nice enough to meet with me twice to figure out my lighting needs. He was very knowledgeable and completely respectful of our budget. The lighting was amazing; and looks so cool in our photos. I would highly recommend working with Greenlight!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thank you Courtney, we thoroughly enjoyed working with you, what a pleasure! Best of luck to you and congratulations!

Stefanie · Married on 05/19/2013

The moment we found out we could have a bat signal at the reception we immediately asked Jessica of Bash! Events what company to use. She referred us to Green Light Creative and it was a wonderful decision. We had both a cityscape and a bat signal at our reception and it looked amazing! We are so happy with how the lighting looked both in person and in our pictures. We would highly recommend this company for any dramatic lighting you need.

Sent on 06/06/2013

Greenlight Creative's reply:

Thanks so much, it was a pleasure working with you!