Green Line Talent Reviews

Green Line Talent 6
Green Line Talent 7

Claire Bohmann · Married on 06/01/2019

Excellent DJ!

Green Line Talent was wonderful to work with, from start to finish! Erica and Elissa are friendly and communicative and were very open to working with the vision we had for music at our wedding celebration from the first conversation we had with them. DJ Zach continued with the great hospitality and was incredibly easy to work with. The process for sharing our music suggestions and preferences was very organized, and Zach did a fantastic job of playing the tunes we selected, while also adding his own touch that was very consistent with our taste. Our guests danced the whole time and we go so many compliments on the music. I highly recommend Green Line Talent if you're looking for professional, friendly, and talented DJ services in Chicago!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Green Line Talent's reply:

Thank you, Claire! You guys were the greatest and Zach had a wonderful time working with you. Wishing you the very best! :) -Erica

Peter Eckels · Married on 10/13/2018

Easy to work with, even at the last minute

Zach from Green Line Talent was great. We were cutting it close to find a DJ for our wedding and really lucked out working with him. He took the time to meet with us several weeks in advance of our big day to brainstorm ideas and get a sense of the feel we wanted for the event. He also helped us track down a polka song to include. In addition, he made excellent suggestions based on what we had come up with beforehand. The day of the event we went with having the ceremony on the venue's outdoor terrace. We hadn't decided before whether or not we wanted music during the ceremony. Zach, along with our day-of coordinator extraordinaire, went ahead and put on music, which turned out to be perfect.

He kept the event moving with a mix of musical genres that made for a relaxing and fun atmosphere for our family and friends, with the dancing inside and a more relaxed ambiance in the outdoor space. Many thanks! Peter and Jill (married October 2018)

Sent on 02/16/2019

Green Line Talent's reply:

Thanks so much, Peter! It was great working with you and Jill. Wishing you two a very happy 2019!! :) - Erica

Anna · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing DJ!

We used Green Line Talent for our wedding in October 2018.
    Having a good crowd on the dance floor all night long was important to us, but I was definitely nervous about our ability to choose music that would appeal to the whole guest list. Also, getting married in the outer fringes of the suburbs, with a smaller budget, I was a little worried our only options were going to end up being someone's uncle or a DJ whose influences are solely 80's hair metal bands. I mean, there's a time and place for everything...but with Green Line Talent & DJ Zach, we were able to have music that felt true to ourselves, but still had a little something for everyone, without sacrificing quality or spending an arm and a leg!

Getting a quote was easy and had all of the info I needed when making initial comparisons - no back-and-forth, hidden fees or pressure to book. I love that the "roster" section of the website has MULTIPLE sample mixes for each DJ - I saw so many other DJ companies that just don't do that. Meeting face-to-face to get to know Zach and talk about music tastes and preferences was great, despite the fact we weren't the most prepared couple at that time (pro tip: don't schedule your DJ meeting for the day after your bachelorette party)!

Sent on 01/31/2019

Green Line Talent's reply:

Thanks so much, Anna! It was lovely working with you, and so glad to hear we made the process a little easier for you guys. We will pass your words onto Zach as well :) - E&E

Danielle · Married on 09/29/2018

We are so thrilled that we chose Green Line Talent to DJ our wedding day. We have gotten so many compliments on our DJ, Zach, who killed it. Zach was so receptive to what music we wanted and actually played what we wanted, unlike many wedding DJs we have seen at other weddings. An actual quote from our friend, 'I went to a wedding this weekend but was not as much fun, they obviously didn't have your DJ.' If you want to dance all night with your friends and family, ask for Zach!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Thanks again, Danielle - you are the best! - E&E

samantha · Married on 09/15/2018

DJ Zach was great! He was communicative, flexible and made it a point to get as much input from us as possible before our big day. Zach played a variety of music; getting all ages out on the dance floor. We were having a blast with all of our family and friends and Zach was able to enhance the energy with great tunes. Yay for Zach and Green Line!

Sent on 10/12/2018
    Green Line Talent 8
    Green Line Talent 9
    Green Line Talent 10

Green Line Talent's reply:

Thanks so much, Samantha!! These photos are great!

Wishing you the very best! - E&E

Katrien Van Raemdonck · Married on 09/02/2018

The perfect dance party

My husband and I had planned a small low-key wedding but we did want to have a great time and have a proper dance party at the end of the night. We decided pretty late in the game to hire a professional DJ. Despite the short notice, the people at Green Line Talent were incredibly helpful and very responsive. Our wedding DJ Gabe was very easy to talk to and on our wedding day it was clear that he had really understood what we were going for. Even with some very particular requests such as Belgian and Indian songs, he didn't disappoint. He worked them seamlessly into an already perfect playlist. Not only did my husband and I appreciate this, all of our guest were on the dance floor too. We definitely got the dance party we had hoped for. One of the best choices we made for our big day!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Green Line Talent's reply:

Hi Katrien - thanks so much for your kind words! It was lovely working with you guys, and I know Gabe had an awesome time. Wishing you the best and happy holidays!! - E&E :)

Johan Steiner · Married on 09/01/2018

Made it an awesome party!

It was important for us to have good music that people would want to move their bodies to at our wedding. Green Line Talent, Elissa in particular, was perfect for this. I think most people were truthful when they said our wedding was one of the best parties they had ever been to and Elissa played a huge rule in making it a memorable bash. She was extremely responsive and helpful during the planning process as we tried to hone in on the genres and vibe we wanted to create during the reception. People danced like maniacs, as did we. She was very open to our song requests but also delicately handled our uncertainty and took the lead on figuring out what was best for us.

Sent on 01/02/2019

Green Line Talent's reply:

You guys are the best! Definitely some of the best vows we've heard to date too. Sending love and a happy new year!

Maren · Married on 08/25/2018

Gabe was the perfect choice for our wedding. We are very big music fans and were nervous that our wedding DJ might not understand our specific needs and choices we had planned for the event. However, after meeting with Gabe we knew we were in great hands and he worked closely with us to make sure he was creating the vision we had in mind. With so many things on our plate during the planning process he was extremely patient and flexible and was willing to work around our schedule every step of the way. At the wedding itself he played exactly what we discussed and did a great job start to finish from our wild entry to our quirky traditions. He read the room well and gave everyone a night to remember. If you are a music lover and want your special night to represent your individuality then look no further than Green Line Talent and our favorite DJ, Gabe Cozzens.

Sent on 09/18/2018
    Green Line Talent 11
    Green Line Talent 12
    Green Line Talent 13

Green Line Talent's reply:

Aw, thanks so much, Maren! So glad you guys had a great experience working with Gabe. Wishing you and Randy the best! :) - E&E

Katy · Married on 08/11/2018

We used Green Line to book a musician for our ceremony and cocktail hour and a DJ for our reception. Brandon Reisdorf played guitar for the ceremony and cocktail hour. He learned multiple songs for us, was an exceptionally good communicator, and was highly organized. He was absolutely fantastic and exceeded my expectations. He created a beautiful and fun atmosphere. Gabe Cozzens was our DJ for the reception. I told him that I wanted him to play as many songs as possible in his 3 hour set, and holy cow, did he deliver! Everyone was coming up to me telling me how great the DJ was and how fun the dance floor was. One friend said it was like a powerhour of his favorite songs. It was seriously a blast. I highly recommend Green Line for booking your wedding music!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Green Line Talent's reply:

Thanks, Katy - you're the best! :)

Lindsey · Married on 08/10/2018

Loved, loved, loved this DJ! You have to hear his work for sure! The music was never, too loud or overpowering. During dinner the music was only "dinner music" and beautiful. He totally worked the crowd and for the first time ever the dance floor was packed the whole reception! Excellent and everyone complimented the music!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Jessica · Married on 07/28/2018

I can not begin to say enough great things about Gabe. We had a few conversations about our music style and Gabe ran with it and blew us away. Some of the music we are into is a little less popular and I thought I would have to get him all the tracks and just did not end up having time to do that. BUT Gabe did amazing. He found all of our favorites based on the list we sent him of our favorite artists and he played our slower jams during cocktail hour and dinner and mixed it in with some awesome jams for the reception. He read the crowd so well. Never have I been to a wedding where the entire party, and no I don't mean the just the bridesmaids and groomsmen, but all of the guests at the entire wedding is singing and dancing to bohemian rhapsody. Older folks, young folks - my DAD! It was incredible. I also can not believe the timing on the music for the ceremony recessional. We didn't even have time to go over a que for the music. He just listened to the song, and went with it and man, it was PERFECT!

Sent on 08/09/2018

So happy to hear! Thank you Jessica and congrats again! - E&E

Nathan · Married on 06/23/2018

DJ Kyle was absolutely amazing. My wife and I used him a couple of weeks back and were blown away by what he did, as were all of our guests. We have a wide range of taste in music, from country, motown, classic rock, top 40s, you name it we requested it to be a part of our special day because that's who we are. We were concerned until we heard it, WOW. It was a blast and the next song brought even more energy to the party. Also, he was extremely professional, he dressed completely appropriate, and his set up was simply yet elegant to match the day. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND him to everyone!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Green Line Talent's reply:

Thanks so much N & A!! :)

Joel · Married on 06/16/2018

Kyle Dj'd our wedding, and he really crushed it. We picked him from his sample on the website. I'm not a dancer, and his mix had me dancing around the kitchen while we were cooking dinner.

Contracting was easy, he showed up and delivered everything as promised.

Ive heard from guest after guest about how much fun they had dancing, and how the DJ pumped out hit after hit.

I'll definitely be recommending him and Green Line Talent to anyone who asks!

Thanks for helping to make our special night super fun!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Thanks again, Joel! :D - E&E

Kasey · Married on 06/10/2018

Elissa DJed our wedding on June 10, 2018, and she had everyone on the dance floor for the entire night. When we reached out to her originally, she was very communicative and offered to Skype with us so we could tell her about our wedding, our musical tastes, and what we were looking for. From start to finish she was professional, prompt in her responses, and super supportive. The day of the wedding, we didn't have to worry about a thing. Elissa handled all of the intros, toasts, and surprise dances with precision. She played all of the songs we loved and wanted to hear, and was able to read the crowd perfectly. We had many people come up to us and say the music was awesome and they had never danced so much at a wedding. I definitely recommend her as a DJ. Elissa, thank you for making our wedding reception a blast!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Thanks again, Kasey! You're a sweetie :) - E

A.M. · Married on 04/21/2018

Green Line Talent was a fantastic company to work with! We had several meetings with our DJ, Jean-Luc, during the wedding-planning process, and he was always very attentive and personable. Jean-Luc worked hand-in-hand with our various coordinators to make sure he knew the setup of the reception venue, and kept people on the dance floor all night! Thank you so much for a great experience!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Woohoo!! Thanks, Andie!! :D - E&E

Gabriela · Married on 04/14/2018

Selecting Green Line Talent for our wedding DJ was by far one of the easiest decisions in our entire planning process! From the first inquiry to the post-event follow up, Erica & Elissa were extremely responsive, professional and fun to work with. My husband and I ultimately worked with DJ Gabe and it was a perfect pairing - he was calm, listened to our preferences and was able to get everyone out of their seat and dancing wildly for our midday wedding :) Truly a great experience and will use them again should another special occasion arise!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Sergiy Tkachenko · Married on 03/17/2018

Excellent!

One just simply cannot go wrong with Green Line Talent. Earlier this year Jean-Luc Haas was a DJ at my wedding/reception which we had on St. Patrick’s Day. It was obviously The Big Day in my life, so it was important that everything would go smooth. Not only Jean-Luc met my expectations, he actually exceeded them tremendously! He was polite and friendly, and nice to everyone, and highly professional. He had met with me and my now wife twice before the wedding to discuss any ideas we could have had. He had given us his valuable advice and made sure everything would go as planned. And he did an excellent job at the reception! He was genuinely concerned about everyone who attended the reception, he took requests, kindly talked to our guests, and many of them were complimenting him at how great he was. Both my wife and I were happy. I would highly recommend to hire Jean-Luc as your DJ for any kind of entertainment night, whether it’s a birthday party, a wedding, or reception, or simply a family and friends get together night. Five stars!

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Green Line Talent 14

Kelly · Married on 11/04/2017

We are so glad to have worked with Green Line Talent for our wedding this fall!! At booking, Elissa thoroughly answered all of my questions and sent me to the Green Line Talent website where you can view bios of their DJs and listen to sample mixes. My fiance and I got a kick out of listening to the different mixes and chose to work with Gabe as our wedding DJ.

Gabe was awesome!! He was very professional throughout the entire event and we have received so many compliments from our friends and family on how great the music was!! He played different varieties of songs throughout the night to set the mood for cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. He played the music for our ceremony as well and did a great job with the timing. We HIGHLY recommend booking Green Line and Gabe for your wedding!!! Everyone had so much fun and the dance floor was packed all night!!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Thanks so much, Kelly! It was a pleasure to work with you two :) - E&E

Sarah · Married on 10/28/2017

Kyle did an amazing job as the MC and DJ at our wedding. I've never danced so hard and loved all the music he played! He kept the party going so much that our guests were winded they danced so hard. I'd highly recommend Green Line Talent as well as Kyle to be your wedding DJ!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Green Line Talent's reply:

Thanks so much, guys! It was awesome working with you two :)

Jim · Married on 10/28/2017

We are so glad we booked with Green Line Talent for our wedding! From the start of the process Elissa and Erica were friendly, responsive, and helpful in answering all the questions we had regarding our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception.

We chose to work with DJ Gabe and it was a pleasure. He was flexible with our schedules, listened openly to our musical thoughts and style and he definitely delivered on the big day! The music was fantastic, the dance floor was full, and we had many compliments from family and friends on the music and song choices!!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Thanks so much, Jim! It was awesome working with you guys :) - E&E
  • I

Ian · Married on 10/07/2017

Gabe did a great job with the whole process. He was calm and friendly during the planning process and the day of the wedding. Things went smoothly the whole night -- even when my best man jumped the gun with the toasts. Gabe was able to kept things flowing and rearrange the schedule to get everyone fed in time. After making introductions for dinner and toasts, Gabe opened the dance floor and set the mic down to focus on playing the music. He didn't try to be the center of the show, and played the role of DJ, not MC.

As far as planning went, we gave pretty loose guidance with a list of bands and songs we like, and he was able to put together a great set. Our friends thought it was a great representation of our tastes, and the dance floor was full the whole night.

Erica and Elissa were great with managing the logistics -- prompt and friendly the whole time.

If I were to have another wedding, I'd use them again without a doubt. You won't be disappointed either.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Green Line Talent's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words, Ian! We loved working with you guys. Happy new year! :) - E&E

Debbie · Married on 07/29/2017

Elissa was amazing!!! She DJ'ed our wedding in NYC this past July and was the perfect blend of chill and professional. She really took the time to understand what type of music we wanted, and things turned out so perfectly. We got so many compliments about how great our DJ was, and we had so much fun dancing all night. She was organized, thorough, accommodating, and she kept us on track when we were being spacey about the planning. Overall a joy to work with and couldnt recommend her more highly!!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Brady · Married on 07/02/2017

DJ John was great! He was professional, easy to work with, and had the dance floor full all night. Would recommend.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Green Line Talent's reply:

Great working with you two, and many congratulations :)

Katherine · Married on 07/01/2017

DJ Gabe was an absolute joy to work with. We had at least three calls and one meeting in person leading up to our big day and he provided a very handy spreadsheet that we had plenty of time to fill out to be sure "must plays" and "no plays" were all covered. On our big day he did a great job with announcements and moving things along in a timely fashion. He had all of our guests on the dance floor from the moment it opened until closing time. Would highly recommend Gabe and Green Line talent to anyone looking for a great party!

Sent on 07/24/2017