Green Lake Jewelry Works Reviews

Green Lake Jewelry Works 4
  • Kaila

Kaila Stanley · Getting married on 09/05/2020

Custom Engagement Ring

I was fortunate enough to design my own engagement ring. Sophia made my vision come to life. Everything about this experience and this company was truly wonderful, and they will be designing my wedding ring in the months to come :)

Sent on 09/13/2019
    Green Lake Jewelry Works 5
  • Deborah

Deborah Fillmann · Getting married on 09/29/2019

Designed my dream ring!

Had an amazing design experience with Sophia, who created my dream ring. She clearly explained each step of the process to us, from trying on wax models to selecting an antique diamond. We had a lot of fun watching our vision come together, and it only took maybe three or four visits total. Not an inexpensive process, but a terrific value, and it gave us exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 01/15/2019
    Green Lake Jewelry Works 6
    Green Lake Jewelry Works 7
    Green Lake Jewelry Works 8

Brooke · Married on 09/13/2019

Schedule a little extra time. They do custom work on site, so the are a crazy amount of options. Friendly, considerate, and knowledgeable. They have my business for life!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Nj Sw · Married on 11/25/2018

Awesome! The only designer I’d use!

My pendant was very special - It involved using two stones I already owned and an antique coin. Pia from Green Lake jewelry was very patient, collaborative and creative - every step of the way. She explained how the pendant could look like; I wanted to be able to use both sides - Pia worked her magic & ensured this was indeed possible. She delivered it much before our agreed timeline! Now I’m the proud owner of the most beautiful pendant in the world - and I get compliments every time I wear it. Big hugs to Pia!!! Highly recommended xx

Sent on 12/16/2018

Laura · Married on 10/20/2018

We worked with Vinh to have my ring made. It was an overall excellent experience. We did a couple of consultations to try on different looks and select a style, and then we made some customizations to the design we selected and chose a stone. Vinh paid great attention to detail and was very patient in answering all of our questions. Once we chose a stone, a wax was made and cast and the stones were set. We received regular updates via our design page and email. The estimated time to make the ring was about 6 weeks and it was finished within that time frame. The finished ring is absolutely gorgeous and exceeded both of our expectations. The prices for a platinum or gold setting are definitely not cheap, but I feel they are reasonable considering the quality of the piece and the amount of time it takes to craft it. It is not a mass-produced item but rather a piece of art made by trained craftsmen and women. It means so much to me to have a ring that was made especially for our engagement, that is the type of quality I can give to my own daughter or granddaughter one day. I would definitely recommend GLJW to others and we'll probably check out their wedding band selection next :) Thank you Vinh and the Green Lake Jewelry Works team for making this lovely ring for us!

Sent on 10/08/2017
  • Rosie

Rosie · Married on 09/02/2018

High Quality service and products

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed buying my engagement ring here. High-quality everything!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Marnie · Married on 11/11/2017

I looked to Green Lake to create a new custom setting for heirloom diamonds that I inherited from an aunt. Their Instagram posts had piqued my interest month ago with their fresh takes on vintage designs. I worked with Emily J to help design the most perfect setting imaginable for my aunt's stones. She was super responsive and really great at providing suggestions without being overbearing. Emily took my requests to heart and make them work to create a one-of-kind design. I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2017

This was the first place we visited when looking for engagement rings and we felt so comfortable and loved what we saw so we never went anywhere else. Our designer Sam was fantastic, answered all of our questions and was supportive of all of our picky changes to her drawings. She was even able to rush our rings so my fiancé could surprise me for the proposal. Couldn't recommend it more highly!

Sent on 12/27/2016
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/17/2017

I LOVE my ring! Our designer, Pia, and the GLJW team did such a beautiful job on my semi-custom ring. All of their work is so beautiful. If I ever need any other jewelry, they will be the only place I go. I HIGHLY recommend GLJW!!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 09/17/2016

I had ideas for my engagement ring, but also wanted to be cost-conscious. My designer, Samantha, was able to make suggestions that would allow me to get the look I wanted at a fraction of what I thought it would cost. Samantha kept in touch with me throughout the entire process from the initial design conversation to picking up the finished product. I am so happy with my ring and I can't wait to head back to design my wedding band!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Colleen · Married on 09/03/2016

We ended up a with a gorgeous wedding ring set that was exactly what I wanted! They were great about talking to me over what I wanted and tweaking the design as needed.

Sent on 03/08/2017

Amy · Married on 08/27/2016

If you want incredible custom jewelry created with exceptional customer service and satisfaction, this is definitely the place to go. My fiance and I went here to design my engagement ring, and we will definitely be using them to create our wedding bands as well. Our designer even told us that they do designs for people all over the country, so you don't even need to live in Seattle to use them. The designers are so responsive to your desires and wishes. They communicate with you through a message board on their site, and our designer always got back to any message within a couple hours if she was working. They can also make anything with any budget in mind. When we picked the center diamond for my ring, our designer didn't try to talk us in to any specific one she showed us, and was perfectly fine when we picked the least expensive one; they never try to up-sell you or add stuff on to your piece that you don't want. Take a look at their website for a gallery of amazing pieces they've made. If I ever need any other jewelry piece custom made or altered, I am 100% going back to them.

Sent on 01/26/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 12/21/2015

Green Lakes Jewelry Works created the most beautiful wedding set for me! Amber was so wonderful to work with! She was patient as we worked through the specifics of what I was looking for in an engagement ring and wedding band, providing her expertise and artistic talent through the whole process. She listened to what was important to me and made it into something unique and special just for me. I can't wait to work with them again!! The materials, stones, and quality are outstanding and I get more compliments on my wedding set than I would have ever imagined!

Sent on 01/14/2016

My husband custom designed my engagement ring using an old family diamond that was 100 years old. The new setting was as creative and elegant as it is special. The designers are truly artists at what they do. We designed the wedding band to curve around he engagement ring, and also set it using the diamonds from the very first necklace he gave me while we were dating. Again, we got the white-glove treatment and the wedding band truly feels like it is mine. My advice is: always be mindful of the story that you have to tell around your ring - Green Lake Jewelry Works gives you the perfect starting point for a beautiful story.

Sent on 08/02/2015

Lorel · Married on 05/24/2015

One of their designers, Sophia, worked personally with my fiance to custom design a ring to fit his qualifications exactly. They even used a different alloy than they were used to, contacted new dealers to find the right diamonds for him, and integrated a stone he sent them into the ring. They also completed the ring faster than they originally estimated for him.

Sent on 03/05/2015

Skye · Married on 05/23/2015

Green Lake Jewelry Works created my wedding ring and I can say I could not be happier with it. I am very particular about how my jewelry looks and I feel like I have pretty unique taste. Green Lake worked with me until we nailed down exactly what I wanted and that the quality was where it needed to be. I looked at a lot of other places for a wedding band and could not find what I wanted. I am so pleased with their work and service. I would recommend them to anyone who has unique taste.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Kristen · Married on 03/21/2015

Let me tell ya, I hate jewelry stores, but I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Green Lake Jewelry Works! My fiance worked with Daniel C to design my engagement ring around the diamond from my grandmother's ring. I had originally hoped that I would have some input into my ring, but honestly, I couldn't have designed a more perfect ring if I had tried. They designed the setting based on Scandinavian patterns to honor my heritage and were careful to consider the functionality since I wear gloves at work. It really is the perfect ring for me so we didn't hesitate to go back to Dan for our wedding bands.

I wasn't sure what type of band would work with my engagement ring and I hemmed and hawed for some time. Dan designed a beautiful scrolling floral pattern band that complemented the engagement ring nicely, but I decided I wanted something simpler and thankfully, he didn't seem the least bit bothered. The band I ended up with is just what I always envisioned and without his input, I wouldn't have known it was possible.

Dan put just as much thought and care into my husband's wedding band. He was a delight to work with, as was everyone we encountered at the store, and his insight and experience were truly invaluable. We will definitely be back...I'm already dreaming of getting the floral band he designed for my right hand on some future anniversary.

Oh, and the free coffee drinks were the icing on the cake! We love this store!

Sent on 03/30/2015
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 08/30/2014

At first when I thought about getting engaged, I was nervous - I am not a fan of diamonds and wanted something different. Every setting I see in traditional jewelry stores are nothing like what I would want.

One day, while doing research on stones, I came across Green Lake Jewelry Works and fell in love! I was so impressed by the work, and when I contacted them they were so quick to respond back with helpful suggestions. They said that I would be able to send them a loose stone and they could set it in a band that we could design. We went through several stages, and the person we were set up with (Shelly) was fantastic and so responsive throughout the entire process!

We gave Shelly sketches of what we wanted, and she was able to come up with the most beautiful CAD drawing/rendering of what my ring would look like. She helped us through the process of picking out the perfect gemstone and then we went to wax modeling. She sent it to us and we loved it! Next thing we knew, we were getting engaged and when I saw the real thing for the first time - I was so shocked (after crying for a long time and hugging my fiance). It is the most beautiful, unique ring I have ever seen! I can't wait to see the wedding bands that my fiance is designing as well (best thing is that they will all have similar elements - something that you can't always do unless you design your own). The other great part is that the prices are SO reasonable! It only cost a little more than we were originally going to spend - and having a ring that we designed is totally worth it!

Thank you Shelly and Green Lake Jewelry Works for all that you have done! The rings are phenomenal. I couldn't imagine anything better and I look forward to wearing it for the rest of my life.. because let's me real. When you get something this perfect you don't ever need to change it =)

Sent on 11/08/2014

Laura · Married on 12/28/2013

I worked with Inae at Greenlake Jewelry. She is amazing to work with! I never wear jewelry and had no idea what style I liked. She was very helpful narrowing it done for me. When I found what I liked, I brought my ideas to her and she designed a unique ring just for me! It is gorgeous! I couldn't have been more happy!
    Inae helped me with my engagement ring and wedding band.
    I highly recommend Greenlake Jewelry Works if you are looking to have your own special ring. I love owning a ring that no one else has!

Sent on 01/11/2014
  • Keri

Keri · Married on 10/20/2013

When we first set out to look for an engagement ring together, my fiance and I thought it would be pretty simple to find something that I loved. Once we made the rounds of the various stores, however, we found that no one quite had exactly what we were looking for. We could see quite clearly what we wanted - and no one had it! So we set out looking for somewhere that we could design the perfect ring.

Green Lake is not the first place we found when looking for custom designs. We spent a while working with another designer, and the experience was easily one of the most painful things we have done while planning the wedding. After spending months going back and forth with that company, and essentially being told that what we were looking for was impossible, we finally decided to look elsewhere. It was a very frustrating decision to make, especially after spending so long trying to design the ring with that company. But now that we have had the pleasure of working with Green Lake, I am so very happy we found them!

My engagement ring is, essentially, the ring of my dreams. Its craftsmanship is absolutely stunning, and they worked very hard with us in designing a one-of-a-kind setting that other people said wasn't possible. Our representative, Ellie, was extremely helpful and responsive, and worked very quickly and skillfully to put together the design of the ring. She listened when we sent back comments, and modified the design as necessary as we went on. Every interaction with her was kind and friendly, and it was a pleasure to deal with her. The skill of the artists who hand-carved the band is clearly evident in the ring, and I have gotten endless compliments on it.

I would definitely recommend Green Lake to anyone who is looking for a one-of-a-kind custom ring. They make designing a ring enjoyable (as it should be!), and their professionalism and skill is clear in every aspect of the process.

Sent on 03/20/2013
  • Anna K.

Anna · Married on 09/21/2013

Green Lake helped my fiance design my engagement ring (a complete surprise to me!) and now my wedding band. I couldn't be happier with the results--beautiful work, good communication, and rings like none I've ever seen before. Thanks, Green Lake!

Sent on 08/11/2013
  • Cate

Cate · Married on 09/14/2013

Got my engagement ring and our wedding bands here. They offer a fantastic service. It's not cheap, but worth it when you're getting something you'll wear every single day!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Kim · Married on 07/06/2013

They have the widest and most varied range of ring designs I've yet to see (and believe me, I scoured the internet and stores for months). The craftmanship of my ring is impeccable and utterly unique, and their customer service is ridiculously easy to work with.

Sent on 09/04/2013

Greenlake Jewelers is a special place where you can design your own jewelery. After my fiance (now husband) proposed with a simple diamond ring, he assured me that we could return it and design a ring that I would love to wear. We met with an artist named Krista who was an amazing person who helped us design my engagement ring. It is gorgeous and non-traditional. We used my parents' original wedding rings for our ceremony, and Krista even helped us inscribe them with our names and wedding dates. Insured rings that we love and free cleaning for life. I will definitely use this vendor for my other jewelery needs in the future.

Sent on 11/01/2012
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 06/25/2012

Both my husband and I had our wedding bands custom made through Green Lake. The entire process was wonderful! The staff is extremely friendly and really does want to create exactly what you want. The quality of the craftsmanship is excellent and our rings turned out beautifully. Start to finish your designer is there to make it perfect!

Sent on 07/13/2012