Green Cottage Reviews

53 Reviews for Green Cottage

• Dani

Dani Spieler · Getting married on 08/10/2020

Exceeded Expectations!

I can not recommend Dennis at Green Cottage enough. His prices are reasonable and he truly went above and beyond to make my vision a reality. At the last minute, I decided I needed to have a hanging vines instillation. He had never done what I was envisioning, nor had the venue ever had one, but he was able to exceed my expectations and build me the most incredible centerpiece over my head table. It was better than I'd even imagined, and the venue was super impressed with it too! The day of my wedding turned out to be rainy, and he was able to recreate the outdoor set up I had imagined inside, making the move indoors honestly feel like an upgrade. On top of his excellent work, he is super easy to talk to and work with and really wants to make sure the client is happy. I highly recommend Green Cottage!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Linda Scherr · Married on 10/08/2019

Our daughter's wedding

I learned of this florist 15 years ago based on a flower arrangement I saw at an event. I was so impressed by the artistry that I saved the business card for all those years until my daughter started planning her wedding. Green Cottage did a superb job with everything from the boutonnières to the centerpieces to the wedding arbor to the exquisite bridal bouquet. Dennis was totally responsive to every request and the outcome was perfection. Green Cottage has my highest endorsement and thanks.

Sent on 11/05/2019

jennifer · Married on 09/21/2019

The Green Cottage is magical

Dennis and the team at The Green Cottage are truly the best. They are so talented—everything you get there is uniquely beautiful—and the wedding flowers they did for us were incredible and just perfect; I came in with some light description of what I wanted, and Dennis crafted my dream flowers in minutes. They're also totally professional, extremely sweet, and just so wonderful to work with.

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing experience all around

Dennis and his team did a phenomenal job on our flowers for our wedding day. Working with the green cottage in general was an absolute pleasure. They were very accommodating and flexible to our vision!

From the arbor to the small accents on our wedding cake everything was stunning. The florals were runners on our tables instead of center pieces and numerous guests came up to us to express how romantic and beautiful it made the event. My bouquet was so beautiful and fresh even for the next two days after the event. We couldn't have been more impressed with each decoration on our special day. I would highly recommend them for any event large or small!! (9.14.19)

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Prehn · Married on 08/10/2019

Best Florist Around

I was amazingly impressed by my experience working with Green Cottage for my wedding flowers. My family always chose Green Cottage when we needed arrangements for various occasions, and my cousin had also used Green Cottage for her wedding flowers. The store is adorable, providing not only flowers but also cute gifts like books, soaps, small decorative items, etc. The quality and service was always exceptional, so when I got engaged, I knew Green Cottage was the choice for me. From a few simple Pinterest photos, Dennis and his staff took my ideas and created the arrangements I had dreamed of. They were extremely easy and professional to work with, and altered the proposal to reflect my budget and guidelines. As I live a few hours away (I was getting married near my childhood home), we were able to work out most of the details over the phone and via email. The day of the wedding, Green Cottage brought the flowers to multiple locations, on time, and with exceptional quality. The flowers not only held up well for the wedding, they also lasted weeks! I would recommend Green Cottage to everyone for their floral needs, from a simple bouquet for a friend to a large-scale event like a wedding or funeral.

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha B · Married on 06/29/2019

Most beautiful florals ever!!!

Working with Dennis and his team at the Green Cottage was like a dream. I was taken with his work from the moment I saw his website--so artistic, abundant, and timeless. We went for a consultation with him and it was such a great experience. First of all, he is a sweetheart, so warm and funny and down to earth, easy to get along with. I had a kind of specific vision for our florals without being able to articulate it or knowing anything about specific flowers. He helped us hone in on that vision, listening to what I had in mind and adding and subtracting flowers with his artistic skill until we created an inspiration bouquet that had me absolutely swooning. It was more beautiful than anything I could have imagined. He worked with our planner to create an over the top beautiful plan for florals throughout our site, including multiple archways, garlands, and the most beautiful centerpieces. He also offered the idea of putting birch trees in our tent to add height and atmosphere. It was so gorgeous framing the dance floor and felt like an enchanted forest. Of course, he was also really flexible to work within budget and totally took our lead in terms of how much we wanted to do. His and his team's execution day of was smooth and flawless. We loved Dennis so much that we ended up inviting him to the wedding! LOL Attached is a picture I snapped of my bouquet once back home, already a few days old. No matter what your vision, I cannot recommend The Green Cottage highly enough.

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Brooke

Brooke Weinert · Married on 06/09/2019

Stunning Wedding Flowers

The Green cottage was by far the best choice for our wedding flowers. Dennis was thorough and on point with every suggestion and I’m so grateful for that! He showed up early to set up delivered our flowers to different cottages even though he didn’t have to. Everything exceeded our expectations and showed us we were in good hands. We highly recommend using the Green Cottage for your wedding or event!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Robert Sesek · Married on 05/25/2019

Gorgeous flowers for a perfect night

Dennis did a fantastic job with the flowers for our wedding. Neither my husband nor I have strong opinions on flowers, so we sent Dennis an email with some photos of things we liked from the Internet. After talking with him on the phone, he seemed to have a good idea of what we wanted (natural, lots of green and white but with some pops of on-theme color). When we went up to visit the Green Cottage for an in-person meeting, we were so happy with his "rough draft" centerpiece: it was almost exactly what we wanted. With a few tweaks that he made with us, subbing in different colored options to try them out, we settled on something that we were both happy with. On the day of the wedding, everything turned out great. Our boutonniere colors perfectly accented the ties that we had sent Dennis photos of. The altar centerpiece he crafted was a thing of beauty, and looks so pretty in our photos. So many of our guests commented on how beautiful the flower arrangements were. We could not be happier with how the flowers turned out.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Ariel · Married on 05/11/2019

Beyond Expectations

Dennis went above and beyond to make the flowers for our wedding. He perfectly executed my (and my mother's!) vision for the day. The design process was easy. Dennis was very responsive to our ideas and changes throughout. After the flowers were delivered, he even came by to make sure that everything was just as we wanted it. He made us a beautiful wreath, flowers for the chuppah, bouquets for me and my bridesmaids, and awesome high centerpieces that complemented our decor. Our wedding would not have been as beautiful as it was without Dennis and his artistry! Thank you!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Suki · Married on 10/13/2018

Dennis is a genius

Dennis and his amazing crew at Green Cottage did the flowers for my October outdoor wedding. At our consultation, we discussed the details of the wedding -- timing, the feel, our floral needs (bouquet, wedding arch, garlands of flowers/greens running down farmhouse tables, bar & buffet flowers, etc.), and that my wedding dress was purple. Armed with this information, Dennis went into the cooler and whipped up a demo with the most amazing combination of flowers that thoroughly represented everything we were hoping to express with our event.
    The Green Cottage flowers really set the tone for our wedding -- everyone commented about the beauty, originality, and stylishness of them. Thank you so much, Dennis, Galen, Lara, Zoya, and anyone else who worked on them!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Emily · Married on 09/29/2018

Dennis and the folks at Green Cottage are amazing!!!! They took my general ideas for floral design and delivered the absolutely perfect flower arrangements!! They were easy to work with (especially since I was not based locally) and made time for multiple phone calls and email back and forth to plan. They delivered the arrangements, set up the chuppah and other wedding elements, and just generally made my life in the time leading up to the wedding and day of so easy. Dennis has a great eye for flowers! He created arrangements for me that included lots of greenery and hints of color -- giving me the natural beauty that I had been imagining. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 10/08/2018
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 09/28/2018

My perfect wedding florist!

Dennis over at Green Cottage made the wedding vision I had in my head come out even better in reality. I planned my NY wedding from FL so I was never able to meet Dennis is person before the wedding to talk over what I wanted. Instead he had to work off of Pinterest photos I sent him and phone conversations to be able to get in my head. He nailed it! From the small details like memorial flowers and bridesmaids arm bands to the giant arch we got married under, Dennis made it all perfect. We got endless amounts of compliments and everyone wanted to take home a centerpiece at the end of the night.
    Dennis was also super easy to get in touch with when I needed to and very friendly during every interaction. I couldn't be more happy having decided to go with Green cottage as my wedding florist!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Rebecca · Married on 08/25/2018

Dennis was an absolute dream to work with. He put together some of the most beautiful wedding flowers I have ever seen. Everything from my bouquet to the chuppah to the tablescapes was absolutely magical and beyond my wildest expectations. He truly brought my dream wedding to life. All of our guests and everyone we showed pictures to commented that the flowers were beyond stunning and so unique- very much the wildflowers/garden feel I was hoping for. It was such a pleasure to work with Dennis from beginning to end and our whole family still talks about how much he made us all laugh and understood exactly what we wanted for the day immediately.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Nicole · Married on 05/26/2018

Dennis is a true artist with an amazingly sunny personality who was a true joy to work with. Our guests loved the simple but stunning white, green, and pink palette used in our bouquet and especially appreciated his creative use of vegetal elements. What's more is Dennis delivered all of our boutonnieres, bouquets, and corsages to our hotel on the day of our wedding, in addition to setting up all of the table flowers at our reception site. What a mensch! I cannot recommend Dennis enough!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Laura · Married on 09/16/2017

I was a little bit lackadaisical with my flowers, but thank goodness Dennis was not! We were very upfront about not wanting to spend a lot and Dennis was more than accommodating on what we can do with our budget. I shared the vibe I was going for when we first met about a year before my wedding and I cannot get over how everything came out. I was worried how it would turn out because I was so hands off but when I got to my venue and saw all my flowers I nearly cried. Everything was breathtaking! I had so many compliments on my bouquet too, saying how unique and gorgeous it was. You will be in good hands with the Green Cottage!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Lizzie · Married on 09/01/2017

Dennis was wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. In our first meeting where he put together a sample bouqet for me to pick and choose which flowers I liked. It was really nice because there were no surprises at all. Throughout the process he was really easy to get a hold of and ask questions. I had a last minute request and he was able to make it happen. He was one of my favorite vendors I worked with throughout this process. Just so friendly and fun.

Everything turned out stunning too!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Jarret · Married on 08/26/2017

Dennis is a visionary! We met with him and had given him fairly vague directions in advance but even before we met he already got it SPOT on. We walked into his store, saw the arrangements he made, and were sold. He worked within our budget to supply the most incredible chuppah decor, table arrangements, boutonnieres, and more. Our guests - honestly, honestly - kept commenting on how the tables were the most beautiful they'd ever seen. You will not be disappointed with Dennis, and he is also the absolute nicest.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Cheryl · Married on 06/17/2017

They say that your wedding goes by fast, I think it is more like a blur and you spend the days after trying to remember it. When I think back to the day, my mind goes to the flowers, my bouquet (which was amazing) and how the centerpieces filled our space with such breathtaking beauty. Our venue was in the backyard this past June and the backdrop was very green, you would think that flowers wouldn’t really work or be necessary. Dennis created beautiful floral arrangements that just popped with color, were fresh and complimented the surrounding area. I gave him a few ideas of what I was looking for in color and style and he executed that vision beyond my expectation. Even the pictures our guests sent us were of the flowers. I cannot recommend Dennis at The Green Cottage enough. The extra bonus is that he is also super nice. If you are lucky enough to have him do your flowers, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Justin · Married on 06/10/2017

Dennis was great to work with from the first time we met him. He is nice and friendly, very easy to talk to. He was able to take my idea and make it better. Our flowers and center pieces on our wedding, were beautiful!! We couldn't have imaged working with anyone else on wedding day.

Sent on 06/17/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2016

Dennis at the Green Cottage is the ultimate professional. He is extremely talented, warm, and a joy to work with. It was clear during our visit/ planning conversation that Dennis would expertly be able to translate my very specific vision (despite my lack of floral vocabulary) into reality. Dennis was also very flexible and responsive as he was able to fit this vision into our budget. When the big day arrived...we were truly ecstatic with the flowers. Even my husband who typically doesn't pay much attention to floral details remarked at how amazing everything looked. They were absolutely perfect-and matched our elegant, yet simple, vineyard aesthetic (and the incredible fall foliage!) to a T! Especially worth noting were unbelievable flowers that cascaded around the wooden ceremony arch...the gorgeous bouquets, the centerpieces, and the mens' boutineers in copper tubes. I had seen the boutineer idea on etsy and Dennis execution of the idea surpassed expectations - as all of the flowers did. I cannot recommend Dennis more highly. (He was recommended to me by our venue Red Maple Vineyard which was also top notch and highly, highly recommended).

Sent on 11/27/2016

Marcy · Married on 09/25/2016

Dennis exceeded any and all expectations I had for my wedding florist. When we first went to Green Cottage to meet him, he was warm and attentive and took notes on everything I was babbling about. He then excused himself for a few minutes, and came back with the most beautiful bouquet I had ever seen. Just from that short period of talking, he had somehow managed to put exactly what I was thinking in my head into this gorgeous bouquet. My parent’s and I were beyond impressed to say the least. In the months that followed we emailed back and forth a few times with ideas for centerpieces, the Chuppah, flower girl crowns etc. When we went back a few weeks before the wedding for the viewing we were once again, blown away by his work. Of course the wedding day was no exception. Almost every single guest was raving to my family and I about how they’ve never seen such beautiful and unique wedding flowers. After brunch the following morning, guests were scooping the centerpieces up so fast, that my mother shouted to me across the room to save the one that was on my table for her. I actually had to guard it from many more people trying to take it. Other guests posted pictures of them on social media just so they could show the world how beautiful they were! All this to say that Dennis is an ARTIST! And on top of that, he couldn’t have been nicer to work with. I honestly never thought that my florist would be one of my favorite vendors, but he really was!

Sent on 10/04/2016

jessica · Married on 09/04/2016

Dennis was spectacular to work with! He understood my vision from the moment we spoke and was so accommodating and flexible regarding our budget. Communication with him was open and wonderful and he is a really funny and awesome guy! His shop is gorgeous, so if you can go meet him in person be sure to give yourself extra time to walk around! The Green Cottage created the arrangements for our chuppah, centerpieces, flower girl crowns, bouquets and boutonnieres. He also gave us extra flowers for my hair and for the cake. Everything was stunning and exactly how I envisioned everything to be - lovely, understated, elegant and simply breathtaking. I couldn't recommend this shop more. Thank you, Dennis!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Jaime · Married on 08/06/2016

Denis and the green cottage team was absolutely amazing from start to finish! He worked with our price range and was able to give me the vision I was looking for on my wedding day. I sent him my Pinterest page with lots of pictures and gave him my ideas and he made it happen. I was looking for something that would represent our outdoor venue with lots of local unique flowers, herbs and greenery...I didn't want that perfect circular bouquet of roses and not some wild looking bush either, and he gave me the PERFECT blend. What was great was actually got to go to his store to make our bouquet and table pieces. Not something places seem to do anymore. The flowers looked great the day of and everything was done on time.. I got so many compliments on our flowers and they are still going strong almost a week later.

Sent on 08/11/2016

Annie · Married on 08/05/2016

There is not enough room here for me to fully express how much I adore Dennis and The Green Cottage.

He was listed as a recommended vendor from my venue so I made 3 appointments with florists in the areas, but after meeting with Dennis I cancelled the next 2.

Dennis is a true artist--he wants to create beautiful and unique pieces that fit for each person and their wedding. During our first consultation, I describe to Dennis what I wanted (colorful, unstructured, green, pops of pink and wild flowers) and he quickly constructed a sample bouquet right then and there! It was stunning and I knew I had to have him crest more beautiful works for my wedding.

Besides creating stunning flowers that my guests were fighting to take home, and that caused those same guests to continuously reach out to me to ask who did my flowers, Dennis was such a pleasure to work with. I must have gone back and forth with him about 100 times about details, pricing, tweaks here and there, and each time he could not have been nicer. He made me feel so comfortable each time we spoke, and worked hard to give me exactly what I wanted, while also staying within my budget.

Dennis and the Green Cottage are a dream come true. Fear nothing in working with them! Your flowers will be stunning, last long (my mother STILL has a centerpiece! 2 weeks later!) unique, arrive on time, and your guests will be amazed!!!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Caitlin · Married on 05/07/2016

Dennis at the Green Cottage was so great to work with. When we visited with him for the consultation, it was as if he could read my mind. He walked us through all the different elements of the bouquet and was patient as we considered different options. On the big day, he created BEAUTIFUL bouquets for our wedding that were exactly what I had had in mind -- even better! Thanks so much to Dennis!!

Sent on 05/17/2016