Great Land Events, LLC Reviews

11 Reviews for Great Land Events, LLC

• Cassie

Cassie · Married on 05/25/2019

Magical Experience

Fantastic experience! We had used Great Lands for catering and bar service and we got so much more. Teresa was full of wedding knowledge to help our wedding be so successful with truly hardly any stress. Their food was so fantastic, everyone was commenting on it. We also had a ton of left overs which has been fantastic to snack on. The bartender was incredible, a true hero for putting up with some of our friends.

Sent on 06/01/2019

Great Land Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you SO much, Cassie!!! Homer is always a fun location and we enjoyed working with you and Ben! All of your guests were very kind, complimentary and some of them (at the bar) were hilarious...we were telling stories the whole ride back (before we fell asleep from exhaustion!!) Thank you for the pleasure of working with you!!

Carolyn · Married on 07/28/2018

I just had my wedding in Nikiski, Alaska with Great Land Events and it was incredible! She is so professional but fun at the same time! The wedding was so organized and stress free. Everyone told me the food was awesome and the staff were on top of it consistently. She was always checking on us and filling up our glasses with champagne. I don't know what I would've done without her! Dont look any further! She is the best!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Great Land Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Carolyn and Brandon for allowing GLE to be a part of your "EPIC" day!!! It was amazing and will go down in history as being one of the best weddings ever!!!! Many blessings to you both!
  • FutureMrsGerke

Dallas · Married on 06/09/2018

I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing Teresa and the rest of the Great Land Events crew is!
    After struggling to find a caterer for my wedding in Homer, AK, I stumbled upon Great Land Events on Wedding Wire, and I am SO THANKFUL that I did!
    Teresa is an absolute dream to work with! She took up the challenge of driving all the way to Homer and preparing food in a venue her crew had never been to before with complete grace. She went above and beyond all of my expectations, was extremely quick to respond via email with any questions or last minute changes I had, and was very easy to work with.
    Let's not forget about the food though! Each dish was delicious, and my guests are still raving about the meals, appetizers, and service. We truly cannot thank Teresa and the staff at Great Land Events enough for such an amazing experience on our wedding day!!
    -Jason & Dallas Gerke

Sent on 06/16/2018

Great Land Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much, Dallas and Jason!!! What an amazing day it was with beautiful weather and amazing people!!! Thankful for WeddingWire!!!

Elaina · Married on 05/27/2018

I can't thank Teresa and Great Land Events enough for their support and services for our wedding. Not having my mother or family in Alaska made planning extremely stressful until Great Land Events was recommended by a friend. Teresa made the planning process so much easier! She worked through many different menu and timeline changes and made a point to include my mother in the planning, which I was extremely grateful for!

The day of our wedding was beautiful thanks to the Great Land Events team! They were kind, organized, and had great attention to detail from start to finish! The music was fresh and fun.. and not to mention, our food was delicious!!!!! Everything ran so smoothly and I had no worries about timeline or little details thanks to Teresa!

Great Land Events are the FULL package!!! We couldn't have asked for a better team to help plan, cater, coordinate, DJ and so much more!!!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Great Land Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Janeale!! I loved working with you and definitely the Lord blessed you with AMAZING weather. Many blessed years as you celebrate life together!!

Jessica · Married on 07/04/2017

Teresa is such an organized person! made the whole planning aspect go smooth and took a load of stress off of us, especially since we were planning our "destination" wedding from so far away. She is SO nice, a pleasure to work with! we used her services for catering, DJ and planning. The food was DELICIOUS! everything went smooth, the DJ was great. they are extremely punctual and professional.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Hi Jessica and Esteban,
    Thank you for letting me take part in your special day! I feel honored and blessed getting to know the both of you along this journey. Blessings to you and please look me up if you make it back to Alaska! Love, t
  • F

ferline · Married on 02/03/2017

amazing great food it was beyond my thoughts every one just loved the catering and the service was excellent I will give it 10 on 10 you must try it out very well done keep it up

Sent on 02/14/2017

Ana · Married on 10/14/2016

They are amazing and they know so many other people/businesses to create your dream wedding & anything else you may need for it. I love them!

They are so nice and welcoming. You'll feel apart of the family!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Great Land Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Ana; it was one of a kind!! So happy for you and Siale! btw, I love your mother-in-law!

Katie · Married on 06/17/2016

An amazing company that's worked its way to the most extravagant events but still maintains its small locally owned heart. I couldn't recommend anyone better on any part of someone's special day. Not only will they work through the tiniest of normally forgotten details but they work harder on your even than if it was their own. The most spectacular service, presentation, and professionalism in town.

Sent on 04/15/2016

Great Land Events, LLC's reply:

My most fave pic of your wedding (of the ones we took) is the log rounds with yellow flowers and "reserved" signs that we made. For some reason, every time I look at that pic, it brings me cheer! And the most memorable was the unity FIRE pit in the WIND!! YIKES! Love you and your family!

Diana Pullar · Married on 08/08/2015

The Best in State!

Great Land Events is hands down the best event service company in the state! They offer amazing food, you can even request special requirements, DJ service, lighting, decor, photo booth, chocolate fountain and event planning. Teresa was my Event Planner for my wedding, I didn’t lift a finger. I never had to follow up with her for anything, she did it all! I literally just showed up to the event on time. It was fantastic to see everything I had envision and more come together. Teresa is full of so much knowledge. I even ran a 10k the day of my wedding. Looking for the best? Look no further you found it!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Teresa at An Appetizing Affair/Alaska Chocolate Fountains was so helpful in making everything happen. She responded quickly to my numerous emails and phone calls, updating the invoice many times. She set up a buffet for dinner with salad and vegetables on the side. I opted for the buffet set-up to save a little money, and that way people can serve themselves exactly what they want, with hopefully less wasted food. I ordered beef and chicken entrees, but I didn't try either because I am vegetarian (the only vegetarian at my own wedding) and ordered food from an outside restaurant for myself. I didn't hear any comments from anyone on the food, but I remember it was all gone very quickly, so I guess I succeeded at not buying too much.

I met her in person for the first time at our walk-through at the venue just days before the wedding. Teresa was very attentive to details and attentive in person on the day of the wedding, asking me if I needed anything ("yes, water please!"), and also helpful dealing with one intoxicated and emotional guest. Teresa also referred me to the bartender we used. It all went well and I appreciate all her work.

Sent on 09/10/2013