Graystone Catering Reviews

57 | Fontana, CA

57 Reviews for Graystone Catering

57 Graystone Catering Reviews

Susan · Married on 08/18/2018

I had my fairytale wedding at Apples B & B, Big Bear Lake. Graystone catering and event planning surpassed my highest expectations for wedding planning, food, and coordination. John and Tammy made our wedding perfect and stress free. I didn’t have to worry about a thing as they took care of every. My guests were well taken care of too and had nothing but praise about the food and service. I highly recommend them.

Graystone Catering 2
    Graystone Catering 3
  • Y

yvonne · Married on 08/04/2018

My daughter just had her dream wedding at Skypark in Sky forrest. The hidden wedding venue came to life with the beautiful forrest back ground and stunning flower arrangements. But no matter how beautiful the venue, if the food is not good then the whole day can be ruined. John and Tammy with Graystone Catering delivered a 5 star meal. The presentation, the staff and most of all the food itself was flawless. So many of the guests at the venue stopped to tell us how great the food was and I even received several phone calls in the days to come. Thank you so much John and Tammy for making such a wonderful milestone exceptional.

• Jesi

Jesi · Married on 06/15/2018

LOOK NO FURTHER!!! You will NOT be disappointed by choosing Graystone to cater your event!!! I cannot rave enough about their service, professionalism, and the foooood!!! We had our tasting with John and we were blown away!! Before we even walked out the door we knew that Graystone was our choice to cater our wedding. It could not have been more perfect, and we owe so much of that to John and Graystone. Unlike many weddings, my new husband and I were able to eat all that we wanted and needed before we were bombarded because Chef John personally took the time to take care of us ❤️ Thank you Graystone for making our wedding a dream come true; literally every little girls dream wedding come to life. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was.

Bobbi · Married on 06/13/2018

We chose Graystone for our wedding in June and couldn’t be happier with the food and service. To have great wedding food is something special and John and his team truly delivered! Although all the food is fantastic (we tried it all in our tasting) we chose the shrimp shooters, thai salmon, island chicken, rice pilaf, and vegetables. We also had a cheese and fruit display that was delicious and beautiful! Our guests loved all of it!

Graystone Catering 4

Jacqueline · Married on 11/18/2017

From the moment I started planning graystone made everything easier. The really make everything as easy as possible and help your vision come to life. We got married at The Grove in Redlands with no package, venue only. Graystone was our all inclusive package and did everything for us. Once we had our tasting, there was no doubt we had to have them. Food was very important to us and we still say that was the best food we’ve had!
    With high expectations I was anxious to taste the the food at the wedding and hoped it would be the same as the night of the tasting. My guests are still raving about the food!

Tammy made my day run so smooth and didn’t leave anything for my family to worry about. Tammi and John checked on us through out the night and made sure we had everything we needed and wanted! I would recommend Graystone to anyone and everyone!

Thank you for being apart of the best night of my life!

Brittany · Married on 10/15/2017

We got married at Pine Rose Cabins in the middle of October and had selected Graystone Catering for our meal. My parents joined us for the tasting and all 4 of us left STUFFED! Everything we were able to try was delicious, making our wedding meal decisions tough. In addition to the delicious food, we felt so welcomed by John's warm hospitality that we knew we made the best choice for our wedding. John's experience with our venue, and his team's overall wedding experience made our evening as easy on us as possible. We were brought water and food once the ceremony was over, which was great! It was nice to have a little snack for photos while our Guests enjoyed cocktail hour. The moment we sat down, we were given a plate full of food! We were also able to request for plates to be brought to our grandparents - so they could relax and not stress about walking with a plate full of food. My favorite was the buttermilk chicken, while my husband's favorite was the steak with mushrooms. We both thoroughly enjoyed the veggie medley, too. After dinner, all of the extra food was packed up and brought into our lodge - the perfect day-after-wedding lunch! Throughout the wedding, John's wife took pictures and posted the sweetest collage to their Facebook page. The entire Graystone team made us feel so special, and we are so happy they were a part of our wedding.

Royale · Married on 10/14/2017

This was by far the most amazing wedding! We got married at big bear Marina resort. Everyone could not stop talking about how wonderful and delicious the food was and how beautiful everything looked. The food is honestly amazing and was a big hit! All Our guests went to breakfast the next day with us and we're still talking about the food! Tammy was so wonderful to work with and made sure everything went according to plan and everything looked perfect. I could not be more impressed and thankful for the both of them. They took care of everything and it was absolutely perfect. I will definitely be hiring them to cater future events.

Graystone Catering 5
    Graystone Catering 6
    Graystone Catering 7
    Graystone Catering 8

Lois · Married on 08/19/2017

My daughter Tawny and new son-in-law chris just got married august 19,2017. It was amazing could not have ask for anything more. Gray stone catering was so professional . Tammy is the coordinator before you asked for anything she was right there asking if we needed anything. She was right on top of everything. The wedding was beautiful . When I walked into the venue it was finished and everything in order. It calmed me down because I was running a little late and thought I would have to come in and do a few things but nope Tammy had it all done. Now for the amazing food 5 stars for sure John is the chef and it was not like any wedding food we have ever had . The food was so tasty and the quantity was crazy ......so much food and delicious . You won't go wrong going with graystone catering. Thanks Tammy and John for such a amazing time.

Chantel · Married on 06/24/2017

This review is long overdue. John and graystone catering catered my wedding June of 2017 and everything was so amazing. From the first initial meeting all the way up until the day of our wedding. I highly recommend graystone for any event.

Chelsea · Married on 06/01/2017

Greystone is by far the most amazing caterer out there ! John was a true MVP of our wedding which was at Pine Rose Cabins on 6/1/17. They were amazing with our guests, with us and the food was delicious ( our guests still can't stop raving about it !) from the meet and greet to the very end of our big day John made sure it was perfect . Professional and fun , I can't say enough about how great Greystone is !!

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2017

Graystone catered my wedding 2 weeks ago and I am still receiving compliments from our guests about the amazing food! John and his staff were easy to work with from the day I inquired about their services. John hosts personal free tastings out of his home and offered a comfortable, pressure-free experience-- we immediately felt at ease! They have an extensive menu to select from with many additional services offered. Graystone was easy to work with throughout the planning process and I had no hesitation our day would run smooth.

On the day of the wedding John and his team showed up perfectly on time and catered a beautiful buffet for our guests. John even personally visited the bridal house after the ceremony to deliver appetizers and water to the bridal party! Dinner was delicious and I couldn't get enough of the lemon-butter chicken and grilled vegetables. Although I could not taste all the items, my guests have assured me as to how wonderful everything tasted and it was the best food they had at a wedding! I couldn't be happier with the services we received, and at such an affordable price. Would highly recommend Graystone catering to anyone!

Ashley · Married on 05/06/2017

John was an amazing help throughout the whole wedding planning process! Every email, voicemail, missed call was returned within of few hours of sending. He made me feel so relaxed with planning my wedding and was not stressed at all. Graystone Catering's professionalism is impeccable!!! Not to add that durning our wedding everyone, I mean everyone, commented on how amazing the food was. Everyone said it was the BEST FOOD they have ever had at a wedding. People were even able to have seconds and Graystone was not shy about the portion of meats. Tammy was great and well organizefd the day of the wedding. She is the perfect go to person and had everything running on schedule and to my, the brides, needs. I absolutley reccommend to any bride that wants to have a wedding in Big Bear or anywhere they need to hire Graystone Catering!!! Thank you John and Tammy for all your hard work and time to make my wedding dream come true. My wedding was a dream especially since it snowed on the day of in May! No one will ever forget it.

Jennie · Married on 09/11/2016

Graystone catering was simply the best. Food was phenomenal, the whole team was amazing. John is such a great guy. We just had our wedding at pine rose cabins in lake arrowhead, and used Graystone as our carering company. So delish. And John came out and made sure everything was wonderful, and it truly was fantastic. Highly highly recommend Graystone catering.

paul · Married on 08/20/2016

Graystone Catering is a top notch catering business. They really pay attention to detail and make sure it is what you want and not what they want you to do. We got married at the Marina Resort in Big Bear and they really know how to put on a great venue here. The food was top notch and all of our guests could not stop raving about how good the food was. There service was also excellent. They were always asking us if we needed anything which was more than I expected. Thanks to the owners John and Tammy for making our wedding day sensational. Thanks Paul and Renee

• Rachael

Rachael · Married on 08/05/2016

The only advice I might sincerely offer is don't bother looking any where else for a caterer for your wedding. Greystone catered my daughter's wedding at Pine Rose Resort and, hands down, it was the best wedding food I have ever been served. Everything was delicious, service was extremely courteous, tables were beautiful. I've never heard so many people compliment the meal! Thank you, John, and all of your staff for the superb job!

Taryn · Married on 07/15/2016

We recently got married at Arrowhead Pine Rose Cabins, and chose Graystone as our caterer. We were thrilled with our meal - John was so great. He had us come to his home to try the dinner during our "vendor day," which was very personal and impressive. We did pay to upgrade our appetizers, entrees, and bread, which ended up being just over $1000 for 70 guests, but our meal was outstanding. We had a duet plate of garlic crusted salmon and filet mignon with red potatoes and a vegetable medley. Everything was excellent. Our appetizers included a cheese table (which was beautiful and a huge hit), island chicken skewers, California roll, and shrimp cocktail shooters. We also upgraded to an artisan bread basket from traditional dinner rolls. All of the food was outstanding, all of our guests were raving. John came over right after the ceremony to bring us a couple waters and ask if we needed anything, and he made sure we had some appetizers brought over to the table because we missed the cocktail hour for pictures. I would highly recommend Graystone to anyone considering them as a caterer for any event. Thank you for everything!!!!

Pat and Carrie · Married on 05/07/2016

As parents, we couldn't have been happier with Graystone Catering. They ensured our son and daughter-in-laws wedding was a day to remember. Throughout the planning and on the final day, John and Tammy patiently led everyone through the thousands of questions and down the aisle at Marina Resort. Our wedding was unusual. We had family and traditions from Argentina as well as from the United States. John and Tammy didn't bat an eye at creating a head table for 19 or passing out bags of costume parts for "Carnival". The food was 5-star. Our guests had nothing but compliments on the delicious chicken and tri-tip. The portions were more than generous, with seconds an option too. Tammy served the bridal couple, and then, even served my disabled parents. Tammy seemed to know the precise moment we needed something. At the end of the evening, both John and Tammy were there to see us out. Our package included a bakery for the cake and a DJ. Both were top of the line. The cake was delicious and decorated so well that most guests went over to see it. The DJ kept the party rolling and played Matt and Gaby's songs just as requested. Truly, we can't think of a single area of displeasure. My husband and I highly recommend Graystone Catering. They are the best!

• Jeanette

Jeanette · Married on 04/23/2016

I couldn't be happier with Greystone Catering. We choose buffet style and we were concerned that they're might not be enough food but we had more than enough. We even took food home. Everyone loved the chicken and steak. We kept getting asked who our caterer was. John and his wife were very professional and their staff was amazing. We think that at approx 27 a plate it was well worth it. Everyone's had plenty of food and we got nothing but Excellent feedback from everyone! You will not be disappointed.

liuba · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I loved working with John and Tammy Ellis of Graystone Catering. Our wedding day was incredible and I know a lot of that was due to the effort and care taken by the Graystone team to ensure our event went off without a hitch. In fact, one of the main compliments we have received about our big day - besides how beautiful and fun it was and how delicious the food was - is that everything appeared to be seamless and effortless and that is because John and Tammy take great pride in providing you with a stress-free and wonderful wedding day.

My husband and I both have very demanding jobs with not a lot of free time but also did not have the budget for a full-on wedding coordinator. John and Tammy provided so much information so that we could make decisions on vendors and they were always very responsive to our questions and needs along the way to the big day. Everything was timely and organized, which for a "type A" personality like myself goes a long way.

From the initial conversation about the venue and their services, to the tasting and setting up room blocks at the affiliated hotel, to the weeks leading up to the wedding whether it be finding a DJ, or going thru logistics to set up for their included day-of wedding coordination, we really enjoyed working with Graystone and I am glad we did.

Would I recommend them? Hands down, YES!

I wish we could do it all over again!

Thank you John and Tammy!

Cecilia · Married on 09/26/2015

Our wedding cannot be described with any other word than perfect! GRAYSTONE CATERING did such an AMAZING job! Our location was beautiful and the food was out of this world. Every member on their team that we encountered was very professional. My husband and I cannot express how grateful we are for the wonderful services Tammy and John provided to us and our
    guests on our special day! I highly recommend that if you are looking for a stress free day put your trust in GRAYSTONE CATERING they will exceed all of your expectations!

Our wedding was flawless! Tammy and Carissa were on it to a T. They delivered everything they promised and then some. We would turn around and there was a fresh drink or food on our table. John was on top of emails and answered any questions or concerns we had very promptly and efficiently. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND GRAYSTONE CATERING! COuldnt have asked for anything more.

Aubrey · Married on 07/24/2015

I have to admit that we were lucky enough to have an ALL-STAR cast of vendors at our wedding. I have heard horror stories of things going wrong at friends' other weddings and was prepared for the worst. We didn't have any drama, and had incredible vendors all around...everything was Fantastic...But, I have to say that John with Graystone was our favorite!! (shhhh- don't tell the others!) For starters, the food and professionalism is impeccable. John invites customers to his home for a tasting to choose the menu for your event. I was surprised at first and a little taken aback, but the warmth and hospitality of meeting in his home is unparalleled. Before we even took a bite, John had walked us through how the event would go, his role, how he would care for us and gave us a perfect picture of what to expect. He won us over before we took a bite... But then... the FOOD!!! Everything that we tried was amazing. It was so difficult picking a few dishes for our wedding. we chose the Lemon Herb chicken and Grilled skirt steak with sautéed mushrooms, roasted red potatoes, asparagus medley and added in the Rice Pilaf at the end because it was sooo darn good!!!
    On the day of our wedding, John was very attentive! He brought appetizers to us after the ceremony before we took pictures. He brought our meals to us and made sure we had more than enough pilaf! We all loved John... Can I get married again just to enjoy his catering!?!

Renee · Married on 06/14/2015

John at Graystone was amazing. His team did such a wonderful job for our wedding. We absolutely loved the food. The quality is excellent!!! I really appreciate that the staff made sure the bridal party got some appetizers while we were busy getting pictures taken. :) They went above and beyond to make sure everyone was well taken care of, but they were never in the way.
    Leading up the wedding if I ever had any questions, John always did his best to answer and guide me in the right direction. I also appreciate that he remembered that I did not like cilantro, so he had some special potatoes for me without any cilantro!!
    Thank you John and Graystone for all of your hard work.

Janet · Married on 05/29/2015

Graystone catering is not your average caterer. John provides an all inclusive world class service. Our expectations were set high upon our signing of our contract. He provided an amazing food tasting which set the expectations even higher. We never expected to have such ease of communication, the simplistic ability to make changes throughout our process and the amount of service we got throughout our journey. In addition all of the vendors we used we also easy to work with friendly and so happy to help us make our day special. We look forward to continuing to brag about our wedding and the service that we received. Thank you to every single vendor and staff at Graystone. Janet and Kyle Pike may 29th wedding