Grant Humphreys Mansion Reviews

Grant Humphreys Mansion 6
Grant Humphreys Mansion 7

Joei · Married on 10/12/2019

Great Experience

Grant Humphreys Mansion is such a great and affordable place to have your wedding. The staff was flexible and friendly. It is a beautiful place for photos.

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful Denver Venus at Great Price

Grant Humphrey's was a dream for our wedding day. We wanted something affordable, but didn't look like we designed a wedding on a budget and the mansion checked all our boxes. Planning was so easy with Rita and her team. She truly makes sure you feel prepared and taken care of for your big weekend. The staff is fantastic, the space is gorgeous, and the aesthetics make for such a timeless, classy vibe. Guests were so impressed by the space and could not get over how many rooms there were or how historically preserved the space was - it was like having a wedding at a super cool museum. I would 10/10 recommend using Grant Humphrey's if you want a centrally located Denver wedding with a fantastic staff and beautiful aesthetics.

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Amy

Amy G · Married on 08/18/2019

Highly professional, incredibly fun, and a charming location

I don’t know where to begin with this venue. They were so professional and so accommodating. It’s a beautiful spot and very charming. Rita is a super cool lady. She knows her stuff. John too! Rita went down to Butler Rents with me and helped me pick out colors. The layout of the space is different, but that’s what gives it character. We married on the West Lawn and it was a hot day, but I honestly didn’t care. It was gorgeous. My guest tell me they had a blast at cocktail hour and later dinner. Make sure to hire Tanner for the piano during the dinner hour. He’s a wonderful musician. The mansion has his contact info. Dancing was downstairs. Yes the ceiling is a little low, but it works. They lifted us in chairs, but were super careful. Also the space is great for a band. Last but not least we hired a day of coordinator. Carson is awesome. Ask for her! She brings a ray of sunshine and knows her stuff. If you are looking for a beautiful, intimate, charming venue then you got it here. I’m a very happy bride!

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Grant Humphreys Mansion 8
    Grant Humphreys Mansion 9
    Grant Humphreys Mansion 10
    Grant Humphreys Mansion 11
    Grant Humphreys Mansion 12

Grant Humphreys Mansion's reply:

We are so incredibility honored to have hosted your special day!! Thank you for the kind words!!! You were an absolute pleasure to work with. I wish you nothing but the best in your marriage.

Dallas Head · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Venue, perfect people

The entire staff at Grant-Humphrey's were extremely helpful getting things setup and in place for us. They also were very flexible with making that day personal to us. As soon as we walked into the venue, it was stunning and we knew that was the place to be! Would always recommend them.

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Mel

Mel Butler · Married on 03/17/2019

Beautiful venue, super professional

I loved the Grant Humphreys Mansion (GHM) because it comes already decorated in a lot of ways-- there are paintings and interesting pieces of furniture and murals. I didn't like the sterile feeling of a lot of "event spaces," and the GHM comes with so much history it's impossible for anything to feel bland. It also makes for FANTASTIC pictures. Because it was a house built for entertaining, they're able to both have a lot of connected spaces and keep an intimate feeling. The mansion has a few restrictions -- no amplified music after a certain hour, no red wine in the bedrooms, stuff like that -- but none of it cramped our style. We were able to have a bride & groom meal upstairs in the bedrooms so we could eat without having to socialize at the same time.

We had about 60 people and they fit comfortable in the main living room for the ceremony, and then reception seating in the dining room and library.

If you choose one of their preferred vendors for catering, you're guaranteed to have a seamless joining of minds on who is responsible for what (tables, linens, etc). The required vendor meeting-up and walkthrough meeting about a month beforehand was fantastic for shaking out all those "oh have you thought about this" items that, as a first time bride, I had in fact NOT thought of. The venue provided a walk-in, locking closet that we could store items in the day before so that the day-of was a little less hectic as far as logistics.

My other half was a little worried the venue administrators would be "stuffy," since it is part of the Colorado Historical society and we're pretty off-center, but he was pleasantly surprised by their practicality, professionalism, and friendliness.

Sent on 05/27/2019
    Grant Humphreys Mansion 13
    Grant Humphreys Mansion 14
    Grant Humphreys Mansion 15
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 09/23/2018

Beautiful Venue, lots of space, allowed me to customize

I love this venue. It was the second place I visited. I made up my mind basically right there, that we were going to have our wedding there. I love how we get the entire mansion to ourselves and there are so many different corners to explore. It's great that we could have our ceremony in front of the building and then move the party to the south terrace for cocktail hour while we stay in the front for photos. Then everybody moved inside for dinner time, cake cutting, and then everyone moved to the basement dance floor. It was a really cozy space for our group of 70 guests and I love the change of scenery throughout the night.

Rita was great to work with. We were able to extend our time about 3 weeks before the wedding day and that was super easy. Since it's a historical building, we couldn't have fireworks for grand exit, but we ended up with the glow sticks and the guests had so much fun with them even during the dance.

We were bringing our drinks and it was so great we could serve our home brew. That actually narrowed down many of the venues I checked out. It was a deal breaker and I called so many places to make sure our home brew was happening on our wedding day.

Also, I love that we could store things there so we don't have to load in and out all the DIY stuff the day of the wedding. Butler rents came in before the wedding day to drop off, and picked up after, so we waived the late night pick up fee as well.

At first I thought parking was a problem because they have a small parking lot right outside the mansion. However, we had it on Sunday and the overflow parking lot across the street was all ours all day. That was just great for those who didn't plan on drinking much (we had a lot of booze leftover...).

The piano is well tuned and my pianist played beautifully on it. The entire mansion could listen to that music. It was wonderful. We already know a friend is getting married at Grant Humphreys Mansion in April. It's a great place if you're not looking for a mountain venue.

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Grant Humphreys Mansion 16

Eva · Married on 07/27/2018

If you are looking for a grand and yet fun location then GHM is for you. The staff is stellar, what they allow you to do decoration wise is unheard of, they let you store stuff onsite before the event and have the cheapest rates in town. A++ the whole way.

Some drawbacks if you want a certain look/feel. Rooms, because it is an old mansion, are a bit separated and the dance area is on the lower level. Don't care about, that then this is your venue.

Sent on 07/31/2018

Shannon · Married on 11/04/2017

The team at Grant Humphrey's was a dream to work with. Not only did they provide great service but they went the extra mile in helping us with the small details that we hadn't even thought about. While we hope that we don't have to plan another wedding, we do hope we can find another reason to have an event at this site.

Sent on 12/05/2017
  • Kula

Julie · Married on 08/03/2017

Rita was awesome! John and her were very accommodating before, during and after our wedding!

Sent on 10/23/2017

This was a perfect wedding venue. It was perfect to have the ceremony and reception all in one place. The historic beauty of the mansion required very little extra decoration which was wonderful

Sent on 07/29/2014

Holly · Married on 07/05/2014

Beautiful. Mansion staff were so accommodating, meeting us and family when we came in from out of town, and adjusting the final walk through for when we were in town as well. I loved that they had and were experienced in a rain plan (though we didn't need it), and they were comfortable working with the caterer and wedding planner to make it all come together. I didn't have to do a thing! It was perfect.

Sent on 08/15/2014

A beautiful venue for your event! I was married there on the front lawn, with a kick-ass reception downstairs in their ballroom. Compared to other sites in Colorado that I researched, it was actually very economical....surprising for such an awesome venue. Everyone loved it. The staff was great and very flexible. I had last minute changes to the timeline and they were fine with it. The location is so fantastic yet tucked away. Had livd in denver for years without knowing it was even there.

Sent on 12/04/2013
  • Aimee

Aimee · Married on 10/04/2013

Grant-Humphreys Mansion was a wonderful choice for our wedding ceremony and reception! Debbie, Lindsey and the rest of the staff was always incredibly friendly, professional, and very helpful. They responded to any questions we had quickly, and in the week prior to the wedding they even asked me if there was anything they could do to help out in the next week. The location is absolutely gorgeous, inside & out. Due to weather, we moved our ceremony inside, and were just as happy with the aesthetics of the ceremony. I highly recommend Grant-Humphreys Mansion, a beautiful, historic site that provides a gorgeous, stress-free environment to kick off your marriage! THANK YOU ALL!!

Sent on 11/09/2013

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2013

Love this place! My husband and I had a strict budget and knew we wanted to have our reception at this location so we set our date for a Monday so it would be about half of the price. The price was comparable to other locations that weren't nearly as beautiful. All of our guests absolutely loved the mansion and the historic feel it had. The main floor had the perfect amount of space for our 75 guests to dine in. We were somewhat worried about the ballroom being in the basement with no air conditioning, but since it rained that afternoon it was nice and cool down there. Also, there was elevator access to the basement for people who couldn't make it down the stairs. Debbie did an amazing job at giving us a tour before we set our date, meeting with our caterer to communicate the specifics of the day, and planting flowers around the property to make it extra beautiful for us. We wouldn't change our venue if we had to do it over!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Mallorie · Married on 08/30/2007

The mansion was absolutly beautiful! It was the perfect wedding/reception site. We got married outside on their lawn and had the reception downstairs in the ballroom. The staff was amazing and helpful. The best part was, since the mansion has so much character on its own, we didn't have to do much decorating!

Sent on 11/01/2007

Amber · Married on 12/03/2016

The venue is a gorgeous space for a wedding. Our guests loved the historic feel and being able to explore, and all of the events flowed so smoothly from one element to the next. The house evolves as the party goes on. The team is also great to work with - very flexible where they can be (it is a historically preserved home) and responsive. My husband and I also appreciated that the fees for our wedding go back into preservation, not profit. Recommend!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/12/2016

This was a beautiful venue and Rita was wonderful to work with! We were very pleased and could not have hoped for a more wonderful wedding day.

Sent on 09/08/2016
  • Megan

Megan · Getting married on 04/25/2020

Beautiful Venue

I found the mansion through a bridal show and loved how beautiful the space is on its own. I just knew this was the place for us to celebrate with our loved ones. I really like that when you rent it, you have the entire space and it has so much flexibility in case of weather to use other areas.
    Can't wait to get married in this gorgeous historical venue!

Sent on 01/18/2019

Grace · Married on 07/08/2017

A little tough to book, but otherwise perfect

Sent on 07/16/2017

Allie · Married on 11/19/2016

We loved having our wedding at this beautiful venue. The benefit of GH is the mansion is so beautiful on its own you really don't have to spend the extra money on decorations. I also really liked having the entire venue to ourselves, which made everything feel so intimate and wonderful. We worked with Rita during the booking and planning process and she was great. Day of we had Jon as the venue representative who was very helpful for our vendors and guests. I would highly recommend GH for a couple's wedding venue. They were easy to work with, the venue is beautiful, and a very reasonable price. I would recommend buying the extra hour for the reception to allow a little wiggle room for guests!

Sent on 12/07/2016

The venue itself is absolutely beautiful. It's location is perfect for guests to get cabs to their hotels or just a short walk to bars: Gov's Park, Lala's, etc. You can even bring in your own alcohol, which definitely cuts on overall costs. I thought it would be difficult to work out but your caterer should help you with those details esp. because their bartenders will have to serve it. Debbie at Grant Humphrey's Mansion was incredible to work with. At times she is difficult to get a hold of, but she will definitely get back to you. She was extremely flexible with us.

Sent on 08/16/2012

Melissa · Married on 02/29/2012

The mansion is beautiful; it felt like we were whisked back in time. Definitely a classy choice for a smaller wedding!

Sent on 05/03/2012

Bethany · Married on 08/22/2014

3.5

The Mansion was the perfect location for our wedding. The staff was incredibly helpful from the first time we toured the Mansion through our event. They were prompt with emails, professional, and answers all my questions. Because it is a historical site they have pretty strict guidelines but we did not have any issues. It was fantastic!

Sent on 09/15/2014
  • sarahrl

Sarah · Married on 08/23/2009

The staff was very helpful and accommodating to our needs!

Sent on 11/25/2009
  • Matthew

Matthew · Married on 11/03/2017

3.5

Grant Humphreys was the perfect venue for my wedding. It is a beautiful space! They were super accommodating letting me drop off my centerpieces a day early! They even took my grandpa and uncle on a tour of the house because they were interested!

Sent on 11/06/2017