28 Reviews for Grant Humphreys Mansion

Uncovered Outdoor (3)
Indoor (2)
Event Rentals (1)
28 Grant Humphreys Mansion Reviews

Rita was awesome! John and her were very accommodating before, during and after our wedding!

Profile Picture User6797426, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Favors & Gifts, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

This was a perfect wedding venue. It was perfect to have the ceremony and reception all in one place. The historic beauty of the mansion required very little extra decoration which was wonderful

Profile Picture User4285550, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful. Mansion staff were so accommodating, meeting us and family when we came in from out of town, and adjusting the final walk through for when we were in town as well. I loved that they had and were experienced in a rain plan (though we didn't need it), and they were comfortable working with the caterer and wedding planner to make it all come together. I didn't have to do a thing! It was perfect.

Profile Picture Holly, 7/5/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A beautiful venue for your event! I was married there on the front lawn, with a kick-ass reception downstairs in their ballroom. Compared to other sites in Colorado that I researched, it was actually very economical....surprising for such an awesome venue. Everyone loved it. The staff was great and very flexible. I had last minute changes to the timeline and they were fine with it. The location is so fantastic yet tucked away. Had livd in denver for years without knowing it was even there.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 10/13/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Grant-Humphreys Mansion was a wonderful choice for our wedding ceremony and reception! Debbie, Lindsey and the rest of the staff was always incredibly friendly, professional, and very helpful. They responded to any questions we had quickly, and in the week prior to the wedding they even asked me if there was anything they could do to help out in the next week. The location is absolutely gorgeous, inside & out. Due to weather, we moved our ceremony inside, and were just as happy with the aesthetics of the ceremony. I highly recommend Grant-Humphreys Mansion, a beautiful, historic site that provides a gorgeous, stress-free environment to kick off your marriage! THANK YOU ALL!!

Profile Picture Aimee, 10/4/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Love this place! My husband and I had a strict budget and knew we wanted to have our reception at this location so we set our date for a Monday so it would be about half of the price. The price was comparable to other locations that weren't nearly as beautiful. All of our guests absolutely loved the mansion and the historic feel it had. The main floor had the perfect amount of space for our 75 guests to dine in. We were somewhat worried about the ballroom being in the basement with no air conditioning, but since it rained that afternoon it was nice and cool down there. Also, there was elevator access to the basement for people who couldn't make it down the stairs. Debbie did an amazing job at giving us a tour before we set our date, meeting with our caterer to communicate the specifics of the day, and planting flowers around the property to make it extra beautiful for us. We wouldn't change our venue if we had to do it over!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/20/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The mansion was absolutly beautiful! It was the perfect wedding/reception site. We got married outside on their lawn and had the reception downstairs in the ballroom. The staff was amazing and helpful. The best part was, since the mansion has so much character on its own, we didn't have to do much decorating!

Profile Picture Mallorie, 8/30/07, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is a gorgeous space for a wedding. Our guests loved the historic feel and being able to explore, and all of the events flowed so smoothly from one element to the next. The house evolves as the party goes on. The team is also great to work with - very flexible where they can be (it is a historically preserved home) and responsive. My husband and I also appreciated that the fees for our wedding go back into preservation, not profit. Recommend!

Profile Picture Amber, 12/3/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was a beautiful venue and Rita was wonderful to work with! We were very pleased and could not have hoped for a more wonderful wedding day.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A little tough to book, but otherwise perfect

Profile Picture Grace, 7/8/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved having our wedding at this beautiful venue. The benefit of GH is the mansion is so beautiful on its own you really don't have to spend the extra money on decorations. I also really liked having the entire venue to ourselves, which made everything feel so intimate and wonderful. We worked with Rita during the booking and planning process and she was great. Day of we had Jon as the venue representative who was very helpful for our vendors and guests. I would highly recommend GH for a couple's wedding venue. They were easy to work with, the venue is beautiful, and a very reasonable price. I would recommend buying the extra hour for the reception to allow a little wiggle room for guests!

Profile Picture Allie, 11/19/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Event Rentals, Indoor

The venue itself is absolutely beautiful. It's location is perfect for guests to get cabs to their hotels or just a short walk to bars: Gov's Park, Lala's, etc. You can even bring in your own alcohol, which definitely cuts on overall costs. I thought it would be difficult to work out but your caterer should help you with those details esp. because their bartenders will have to serve it. Debbie at Grant Humphrey's Mansion was incredible to work with. At times she is difficult to get a hold of, but she will definitely get back to you. She was extremely flexible with us.

Profile Picture User2602616, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The mansion is beautiful; it felt like we were whisked back in time. Definitely a classy choice for a smaller wedding!

Profile Picture Melissa , 2/29/12, 5 Reviews
4.7

The Mansion was the perfect location for our wedding. The staff was incredibly helpful from the first time we toured the Mansion through our event. They were prompt with emails, professional, and answers all my questions. Because it is a historical site they have pretty strict guidelines but we did not have any issues. It was fantastic!

Profile Picture Bethany , 8/22/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff was very helpful and accommodating to our needs!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/23/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Grant Humphreys was the perfect venue for my wedding. It is a beautiful space! They were super accommodating letting me drop off my centerpieces a day early! They even took my grandpa and uncle on a tour of the house because they were interested!

Profile Picture Matthew, 11/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Grant Humphreys Mansion is a beautiful and very budget friendly venue. I was looking for a unique setting for my ceremony and reception and Grant Humphreys was the perfect location. I love historical architecture and this mansion was picture perfect for our big day. I was a little concerned about the table arrangements for the reception, but with our final number being a little over 100 people, it worked perfectly. It was a unique and fun venue and all of my guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful it was. All of the staff was easy to work with and very helpful through the whole wedding planning process.

Profile Picture Patty, 5/4/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband (then fiance) and I looked at a number of different venues before decided on the Grant-Humphreys Mansion. It was the only place that had the combination of everything we were looking for: a downtown location with a great outdoor space and a great dance space. But more than that, the venue is absolutely stunning. We could not have imagined a more beautiful setting in which to wed, and we received many compliments from our guests as well regarding how lovely the mansion and grounds were. Summer weddings here definitely have the advantage of the gardens and surrounding park, not the mention the stunning view of the mountains from the lawn.
They have two outdoor spaces available for cocktail hour and the ceremony: the lawn and the terrace. We chose to do the ceremony on the terrace and the cocktail hour on the lawn, since the terrace with its Grecian columns seemed a more ceremony-appropriate setting. Additionally, the lawn slopes downwards away from the mansion, and I didn't want my guests to feel as though they were falling backwards.
The one weird element of the mansion is that the ballroom is in the basement, one floor below the reception rooms. I was worried that the guests would be divided between the floors, or that it would be awkward to move guests downstairs, but it was actually not a problem. A few groomsmen went around to let everyone know we were going downstairs for dancing and everyone went. The downstairs ballroom lends itself to a live band (may I recommend Celebration Nation, who can actually fit a six-piece band on the small stage) and dim lighting, as the walls are an odd color of green.
Overall, we were extremely pleased and would definitely recommend this venue for wedding with no more than 100 guests. We had 80 and fit comfortably into the main room and the library, and I think you lose some of the charm of the space if you fill it with tables and there's no room to walk around.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/13/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a beautiful venue, full of character! Many of my guests said it was the coolest venue they had ever been to for a wedding. The event managers are responsive, easy-going people--definitely willing to work with you on certain details. Overall a very painless process with Grant Humphreys!

Profile Picture Lyndsey, 10/8/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Absolutely a beautiful place to get married. You get to bring in your own vendors which helps with cost and flexibility. Plus the place is a historical mansion so little to no decorations are needed. Book quickly, very popular and fills quickly. Recommend purchasing at least an hour or two of extra time if you are having the ceremony and the reception there (esp with a larger crowd).

Profile Picture Alison, 6/14/08, 5 Reviews
4.3

I love the venue it is STUNNING! I like the fact that the spaces were separate so each portion of our evening could have a different feel. I also liked how the different spaces allowed for us to easily modify our event due to inclement weather. I will say that it usually takes over 24 hours for the staff to respond. However, this is understandable there are only about 3 people and the manage the event rentals for the majority of the Colorado Historic Society's venues all over the Denver area. They are extremely professional and full of great ideas to make your wedding special. I am SO glad we found them and booked with them. There is a reason they book almost two years in advance! We were super lucky to get a date! I can't say enough good things about them.

Profile Picture Erin, 9/27/13, 8 Reviews
4.2

I loved having our wedding at the Grant-Humphreys Mansion -- it is an absolutely stunning venue, and the rental fees are quite reasonable. I was also consistently impressed with the staff. However, we did run into some frustrations because the mansion is not very flexible about things like delivery times. Since it's a historic site, be prepared to work with some limitations!

Profile Picture Lindy, 7/25/09, 7 Reviews
4.2

It was an AMAZING place for a reception, we had pictures in front which look like they are out of a magazine. It is a fun, unique plaec to have a reception...oh, and the basement is perfect if you like to have a real Dance party at the reception. We are a pretty young couple and our friends danced until they had to stop the party... and we had snuck out an hour and a half earlier. Fantastic location, I highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Tyler, 8/17/03, 5 Reviews
4.1

We got married here in September and it was beautiful. My husband and I were trying to do a wedding on a strict budget and were able to have the ceremony and reception there for such a deal! The place is so pretty that you hardly need any decorations and they keep it so well maintained. All of our guests loved the place and had so much fun.

Profile Picture User5453131, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews