Grant Humphreys Mansion Reviews

Grant Humphreys Mansion 3
Grant Humphreys Mansion 4

Dallas Head · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Venue, perfect people

The entire staff at Grant-Humphrey's were extremely helpful getting things setup and in place for us. They also were very flexible with making that day personal to us. As soon as we walked into the venue, it was stunning and we knew that was the place to be! Would always recommend them.

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Mel

Mel Butler · Married on 03/17/2019

Beautiful venue, super professional

I loved the Grant Humphreys Mansion (GHM) because it comes already decorated in a lot of ways-- there are paintings and interesting pieces of furniture and murals. I didn't like the sterile feeling of a lot of "event spaces," and the GHM comes with so much history it's impossible for anything to feel bland. It also makes for FANTASTIC pictures. Because it was a house built for entertaining, they're able to both have a lot of connected spaces and keep an intimate feeling. The mansion has a few restrictions -- no amplified music after a certain hour, no red wine in the bedrooms, stuff like that -- but none of it cramped our style. We were able to have a bride & groom meal upstairs in the bedrooms so we could eat without having to socialize at the same time.

We had about 60 people and they fit comfortable in the main living room for the ceremony, and then reception seating in the dining room and library.

If you choose one of their preferred vendors for catering, you're guaranteed to have a seamless joining of minds on who is responsible for what (tables, linens, etc). The required vendor meeting-up and walkthrough meeting about a month beforehand was fantastic for shaking out all those "oh have you thought about this" items that, as a first time bride, I had in fact NOT thought of. The venue provided a walk-in, locking closet that we could store items in the day before so that the day-of was a little less hectic as far as logistics.

My other half was a little worried the venue administrators would be "stuffy," since it is part of the Colorado Historical society and we're pretty off-center, but he was pleasantly surprised by their practicality, professionalism, and friendliness.

Sent on 05/27/2019
    Grant Humphreys Mansion 6
    Grant Humphreys Mansion 7
    Grant Humphreys Mansion 8

Eva · Married on 07/27/2018

If you are looking for a grand and yet fun location then GHM is for you. The staff is stellar, what they allow you to do decoration wise is unheard of, they let you store stuff onsite before the event and have the cheapest rates in town. A++ the whole way.

Some drawbacks if you want a certain look/feel. Rooms, because it is an old mansion, are a bit separated and the dance area is on the lower level. Don't care about, that then this is your venue.

Sent on 07/31/2018

Shannon · Married on 11/04/2017

The team at Grant Humphrey's was a dream to work with. Not only did they provide great service but they went the extra mile in helping us with the small details that we hadn't even thought about. While we hope that we don't have to plan another wedding, we do hope we can find another reason to have an event at this site.

Sent on 12/05/2017
  • Kula

Julie · Married on 08/03/2017

Rita was awesome! John and her were very accommodating before, during and after our wedding!

Sent on 10/23/2017

This was a perfect wedding venue. It was perfect to have the ceremony and reception all in one place. The historic beauty of the mansion required very little extra decoration which was wonderful

Sent on 07/29/2014

Holly · Married on 07/05/2014

Beautiful. Mansion staff were so accommodating, meeting us and family when we came in from out of town, and adjusting the final walk through for when we were in town as well. I loved that they had and were experienced in a rain plan (though we didn't need it), and they were comfortable working with the caterer and wedding planner to make it all come together. I didn't have to do a thing! It was perfect.

Sent on 08/15/2014

A beautiful venue for your event! I was married there on the front lawn, with a kick-ass reception downstairs in their ballroom. Compared to other sites in Colorado that I researched, it was actually very economical....surprising for such an awesome venue. Everyone loved it. The staff was great and very flexible. I had last minute changes to the timeline and they were fine with it. The location is so fantastic yet tucked away. Had livd in denver for years without knowing it was even there.

Sent on 12/04/2013
  • Aimee

Aimee · Married on 10/04/2013

Grant-Humphreys Mansion was a wonderful choice for our wedding ceremony and reception! Debbie, Lindsey and the rest of the staff was always incredibly friendly, professional, and very helpful. They responded to any questions we had quickly, and in the week prior to the wedding they even asked me if there was anything they could do to help out in the next week. The location is absolutely gorgeous, inside & out. Due to weather, we moved our ceremony inside, and were just as happy with the aesthetics of the ceremony. I highly recommend Grant-Humphreys Mansion, a beautiful, historic site that provides a gorgeous, stress-free environment to kick off your marriage! THANK YOU ALL!!

Sent on 11/09/2013

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2013

Love this place! My husband and I had a strict budget and knew we wanted to have our reception at this location so we set our date for a Monday so it would be about half of the price. The price was comparable to other locations that weren't nearly as beautiful. All of our guests absolutely loved the mansion and the historic feel it had. The main floor had the perfect amount of space for our 75 guests to dine in. We were somewhat worried about the ballroom being in the basement with no air conditioning, but since it rained that afternoon it was nice and cool down there. Also, there was elevator access to the basement for people who couldn't make it down the stairs. Debbie did an amazing job at giving us a tour before we set our date, meeting with our caterer to communicate the specifics of the day, and planting flowers around the property to make it extra beautiful for us. We wouldn't change our venue if we had to do it over!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Mallorie · Married on 08/30/2007

The mansion was absolutly beautiful! It was the perfect wedding/reception site. We got married outside on their lawn and had the reception downstairs in the ballroom. The staff was amazing and helpful. The best part was, since the mansion has so much character on its own, we didn't have to do much decorating!

Sent on 11/01/2007

Amber · Married on 12/03/2016

The venue is a gorgeous space for a wedding. Our guests loved the historic feel and being able to explore, and all of the events flowed so smoothly from one element to the next. The house evolves as the party goes on. The team is also great to work with - very flexible where they can be (it is a historically preserved home) and responsive. My husband and I also appreciated that the fees for our wedding go back into preservation, not profit. Recommend!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/12/2016

This was a beautiful venue and Rita was wonderful to work with! We were very pleased and could not have hoped for a more wonderful wedding day.

Sent on 09/08/2016
  • Megan

Megan · Getting married on 04/25/2020

Beautiful Venue

I found the mansion through a bridal show and loved how beautiful the space is on its own. I just knew this was the place for us to celebrate with our loved ones. I really like that when you rent it, you have the entire space and it has so much flexibility in case of weather to use other areas.
    Can't wait to get married in this gorgeous historical venue!

Sent on 01/18/2019

Grace · Married on 07/08/2017

A little tough to book, but otherwise perfect

Sent on 07/16/2017

Allie · Married on 11/19/2016

We loved having our wedding at this beautiful venue. The benefit of GH is the mansion is so beautiful on its own you really don't have to spend the extra money on decorations. I also really liked having the entire venue to ourselves, which made everything feel so intimate and wonderful. We worked with Rita during the booking and planning process and she was great. Day of we had Jon as the venue representative who was very helpful for our vendors and guests. I would highly recommend GH for a couple's wedding venue. They were easy to work with, the venue is beautiful, and a very reasonable price. I would recommend buying the extra hour for the reception to allow a little wiggle room for guests!

Sent on 12/07/2016

The venue itself is absolutely beautiful. It's location is perfect for guests to get cabs to their hotels or just a short walk to bars: Gov's Park, Lala's, etc. You can even bring in your own alcohol, which definitely cuts on overall costs. I thought it would be difficult to work out but your caterer should help you with those details esp. because their bartenders will have to serve it. Debbie at Grant Humphrey's Mansion was incredible to work with. At times she is difficult to get a hold of, but she will definitely get back to you. She was extremely flexible with us.

Sent on 08/16/2012

Melissa · Married on 02/29/2012

The mansion is beautiful; it felt like we were whisked back in time. Definitely a classy choice for a smaller wedding!

Sent on 05/03/2012

Bethany · Married on 08/22/2014

3.5

The Mansion was the perfect location for our wedding. The staff was incredibly helpful from the first time we toured the Mansion through our event. They were prompt with emails, professional, and answers all my questions. Because it is a historical site they have pretty strict guidelines but we did not have any issues. It was fantastic!

Sent on 09/15/2014
  • sarahrl

Sarah · Married on 08/23/2009

The staff was very helpful and accommodating to our needs!

Sent on 11/25/2009
  • Matthew

Matthew · Married on 11/03/2017

3.5

Grant Humphreys was the perfect venue for my wedding. It is a beautiful space! They were super accommodating letting me drop off my centerpieces a day early! They even took my grandpa and uncle on a tour of the house because they were interested!

Sent on 11/06/2017
  • Patty

Patty · Married on 05/04/2014

3.5

Grant Humphreys Mansion is a beautiful and very budget friendly venue. I was looking for a unique setting for my ceremony and reception and Grant Humphreys was the perfect location. I love historical architecture and this mansion was picture perfect for our big day. I was a little concerned about the table arrangements for the reception, but with our final number being a little over 100 people, it worked perfectly. It was a unique and fun venue and all of my guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful it was. All of the staff was easy to work with and very helpful through the whole wedding planning process.

Sent on 05/19/2014

Sarah · Married on 08/13/2011

My husband (then fiance) and I looked at a number of different venues before decided on the Grant-Humphreys Mansion. It was the only place that had the combination of everything we were looking for: a downtown location with a great outdoor space and a great dance space. But more than that, the venue is absolutely stunning. We could not have imagined a more beautiful setting in which to wed, and we received many compliments from our guests as well regarding how lovely the mansion and grounds were. Summer weddings here definitely have the advantage of the gardens and surrounding park, not the mention the stunning view of the mountains from the lawn.
    They have two outdoor spaces available for cocktail hour and the ceremony: the lawn and the terrace. We chose to do the ceremony on the terrace and the cocktail hour on the lawn, since the terrace with its Grecian columns seemed a more ceremony-appropriate setting. Additionally, the lawn slopes downwards away from the mansion, and I didn't want my guests to feel as though they were falling backwards.
    The one weird element of the mansion is that the ballroom is in the basement, one floor below the reception rooms. I was worried that the guests would be divided between the floors, or that it would be awkward to move guests downstairs, but it was actually not a problem. A few groomsmen went around to let everyone know we were going downstairs for dancing and everyone went. The downstairs ballroom lends itself to a live band (may I recommend Celebration Nation, who can actually fit a six-piece band on the small stage) and dim lighting, as the walls are an odd color of green.
    Overall, we were extremely pleased and would definitely recommend this venue for wedding with no more than 100 guests. We had 80 and fit comfortably into the main room and the library, and I think you lose some of the charm of the space if you fill it with tables and there's no room to walk around.

Sent on 09/06/2011

Lyndsey · Married on 10/08/2016

This is a beautiful venue, full of character! Many of my guests said it was the coolest venue they had ever been to for a wedding. The event managers are responsive, easy-going people--definitely willing to work with you on certain details. Overall a very painless process with Grant Humphreys!

Sent on 12/10/2016