Grand Oaks Country Club Reviews

22 Reviews for Grand Oaks Country Club

• Yana

Yana Petrushina · Married on 10/20/2019

Grand Oaks was amazing

I got married about 2 weeks ago at Grand Oaks Country Club and i loved it! The staff is amazing! Yvette, my bridal attendant, was so sweet and accommodating. She knew what I wanted before I even asked for it and went above and beyond to make my wedding day easier for me. Betty, the maitre'd, was simply the best! She come to the rescue when my parents forgot my cake topper she went in search for something to replace it and saved me from freaking out. The rest of the staff were friendly and great. The food was amazing - I still have guests mentioning to me how they loved their meals at both cocktail hour and reception. The grounds are beautiful and picturesque; sadly for me it rained ALL DAY on my wedding day so I couldn't get any pictures outside but nonetheless my wedding day was awesome thanks to the wonderful staff at Grand Oaks Country Club!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Erika

Erika Lorenzo · Married on 08/18/2019

Mr. & Mrs. Commissiong

The staff at Grand Oaks Country club are amazing. Everything was absolutely perfect!!! They made the night elegant and stress free! The decor was BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for a night to remember.

Sent on 08/23/2019
  • Niesie

Denise Jones · Married on 08/11/2019

Beautiful venue

Our wedding was beautiful! The grand oaks does not need any kind of decorations for your event to look beautiful. The scenery and the establishment itself is amazing. The staff are professional and helped us all the way through our event from the planning to the day of. We had access to the gazebo, patio for our cocktail hour, and second floor ballroom and bridal suite. I’ll try to attach more photos when our professional pictures are finished

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/29/2019

Perfection!

We looked at 9 different venues before we saw Grand Oaks. We weren't married to any place in particular but when we walked in the doors here, we fell in love and had the contract signed within the week. Samantha was our wedding planner and we adored her. She's very organized and quick answers to all our questions. We were paying for the wedding ourselves and Grand Oaks has a payment plan schedule but she worked with us and allowed flexibility which made the whole process manageable!

On the day of our wedding, John was out maitre'd and he was the ultimate crisis manager. First of all, we mentioned to him the day before that Miller Light was a favorite beer among our crowd. Turns out that's not a beer they have there. Well I don't know what happened but everyone was drinking Miller Light all night long! The day of, our ceremony was outside and a storm was on it's way. About 45 minutes before the guests arrived, the power went out in the venue but I was never nervous because John was such a professional. He remained calm, kept us updated on the situation and kept us on schedule with our first look. The power was on within 15 minutes! Then the sky started to get REALLY dark. Our buses had arrived so John got everyone seated quickly and we started the ceremony early. The first rain drop fell just as we turned to walk back up the aisle! The timing was perfect and all because the staff was so flexible and organized.

I also have to mention Yvette, our bridal attendant. I am not sure how she was in so many places at once. I felt like she never left my side and when I mentioned it the next day my mom was confused because she said she never left HER side. Same with my wife and bridal party! None of us had an empty glass or plate the entire night. Anyone who had a question, she had the answer.

And I just want to mention the small details. We left pictures and a couple decorations with vague instructions to "scatter them around". When we arrived, everything looked like it been plotted out meticulously for months. We went with minimalist centerpieces and it worked great because their tablescapes are so beautiful in their own. We also had a sweetheart table but didn't think about decorating it. John gathered up all the bouquets and created a gorgeous border for our table. Those little touches really made the night.

For any brides who have booked them already, I will warn the one issue was the tasting. Ours was terrible. And I've heard from others who have had similar experiences. But do not panic, the food day of was awesome. And their desserts are over the top! I can not recommend this venue and the people enough. They are true professionals and whatever your dream wedding looks like, they know how to make it a reality.

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing experience for our April wedding

Margaret is the best - she made the wedding planning so easy and seamless for us. She was the first venue we visited, and no one topped her professionalism, her expertise, and the venue that she manages. It's a beautiful country club and the fact that we were able to comfortably utilize three areas (outside area for ceremony, cocktail hour room, and a reception room on the second floor) made me feel very special. She made sure that everything ran on time and we didn't even conflict with any other events happening that night - which was a huge plus. Everyone on her team was great – from the bridal attendant Marie to the maitre'd Betty. The only downside was that the ceremony area was so close to one of the golf course holes, and a guest was hit in the head by an errant golf ball. But the fact that the team was so responsive, acted immediately to get an ambulance and respected my family's wishes made me feel secure that they can handle any emergency. I am very grateful for them, and I think the wedding went exactly as I had ever hoped it could be.

Sent on 04/14/2019

Michael Solli · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing venue and great food and service

We chose Grand Oaks for our wedding venue and it was one of the best decisions we made. The food was amazing and plentiful, guests are still buzzing about it. Margaret Addinivola was our planner, and she is nothing short of amazing. She works with you to establish a menu, gives recommendations, and makes sure everything is well organized so that there are no surprises on the day of the event. The venue is beautiful, and makes for some really great photos as well. Additionally, the staff at Grand Oaks is tremendous. They will take care of you and your guests like you are royalty. If you want an unforgettable experience, your guests to have delicious food and excellent service, then you should definitely consider Grand Oaks Country Club.

Sent on 04/14/2019
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing wedding!

Amazing experience amazing staff amazing food !! Made my wedding absolutely amazing!

Sent on 11/23/2019

Tiffany · Married on 09/08/2018

Everything was perfect! The staff is so professional, nice, and accommodating. The food is delicious!!! They truly made our day the best day ever!

Sent on 10/03/2018

shyeisha · Married on 06/16/2018

Hi my name is shyeisha Arthur and I want to look at the venue for a wedding

Sent on 11/28/2017

Cassandra · Married on 12/03/2016

I recently had my wedding at the Grand Oaks Country Club and can't say enough about the experience overall. Andrew was great to work with. He was very personable and was available throughout the wedding planning process to answer any questions we had. He along with the rest of the staff at the Grand Oaks facilitated our event efficiently and flawlessly. Our guests continue to comment about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. A wonderful time was had by all. My husband and I would highly recommend this venue for other couples looking for a beautiful, reasonably priced venue close to home with exceptional service. They will exceed your expectations, just as they did ours!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Alexandra · Married on 11/11/2016

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at Grand Oaks Country Club on 11/11/16. The venue is beautiful, the food is amazing, and the staff treats you like royalty. Patty S was a pleasure to work with from the start and made the process extremely stress free. Emily and Jenny took care of us all night, making sure we had everything we needed to make the night special. We were very lucky to find the PERFECT venue and staff. I highly recommend Grand Oaks for any event!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Catherine · Married on 11/04/2016

Aside from the venue and golf course being STUNNING, the staff at Grand Oaks really sets them apart! Margaret is an absolute gem. She worked with us from day 1 to make sure that we had all the options available to make an informed decision based on our budget. She was very attentive and answered all of our questions no matter how many emails we sent. She was always pleasant to work with, and near the end when it was really stressful.... she had a calming presence that helped to keep us focused on what really mattered. She's extremely organized, and no detail is too small for her. She is a true asset!
    Overall, we were very impressed with everyone at Grand Oaks. One thing that really stood out was that my husband and I tried to sit and eat our cake about 4 times during the night but we kept getting pulled away to dance and say goodnight to people. After everyone left, the staff was about 90% finished clearing the tables and they were starting to break them down, but our table and our cake was still there waiting for us. We got to sit for 5 minutes together and enjoy our cake. It was just what we needed after the long exciting day! It was like they knew we needed that little break and our cake was delicious!
    We heard nothing but rave reviews from all our guests. Everyone had a fantastic time, and we had the perfect day. We were very lucky to have found the perfect venue and staff! - Catherine and Matt Turturro

Sent on 11/16/2016
  • Kara Criscitiello

Kara · Married on 10/09/2016

My mother booked Grand Oaks for my bridal shower. All I can say is this place is absolutely gorgeous and the staff is wonderful. Betty orchestrated the entire shower and even threw in sangria for our guests! She decorated the room and made sure everything was just perfect. The brunch buffet was delicious and Betty made sure I was taken care of since I was running around with all my guests. The garden room was absolutely beautiful and our guests were able to walk outside onto the patio surrounding the golf course. Just gorgeous all around. I would highly recommend the Grand Oaks!!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Natasha · Married on 04/30/2016

Grand Oaks Country Club is a great place to hold any event. Our wedding was beautiful. The food was amazing, they accommodated our special cultural requests and the cake was to die for. Memories are made in places like this. Thank you to everyone at Grand Oaks for making our wedding so special.

Sent on 07/23/2016

We had our wedding at Grand Oaks Country Club on 10/10/15. From the beginning to the end of the day, everything was absolutely exceptional. The day went so smoothly and beautifully, thanks to the fantastic staff. Everyone went above and beyond including Margaret, who booked the party to Emily the maitre'd, Jen, our bridal attendant, and the entire wait staff, we can't say enough about the staff at Grand Oaks. The grounds of the facility are absolutely stunning. The food was amazing and the cocktail and reception space were set up beautifully. Everything was really fantastic- we would highly recommend having your wedding here!

Sent on 10/13/2015

John · Married on 10/17/2014

When my then-girlfriend and I were looking for places for a party we were planning, we stopped at Grand Oaks to see if it would be a good fit. After taking a peek inside, she came back to the car and said "it's too fancy for this party, but we are getting married there." It was a pretty bold statement considering we weren't even engaged yet!
    When the time came, I insisted we at least visit a few other venues. But of course my bride new what she wanted and when we compared all the factors- Grand Oaks was the obvious choice. Our wedding planner was Margaret- I can't even tell you how much we loved her. I can honestly say I feel like she is a part of the family because she took care of us the way our family would. Most importantly, she convinced my fiancé to relax and let them make the wedding a success, and calming a bride-to-be is a skill all of it's own.
    Our Maitre'd, Felix - knew his sh*t!! He was experienced, direct, no nonsense and we LOVED him. Not only did he constantly check on us as the bride and groom, but always made sure our bridal party was happy- he even danced with my Mother In Law. He is the perfect balance between professionalism and a good time. Even our minister mentioned that it was the first rehearsal he had done that he did not have to give any direction because Felix was taking care of everything.
    Our minister also spoke during his sermon about relationships and using the wedding day as a comparison to marriage. He said weddings will never be perfect, and neither will a marriage... but you must enjoy the ride, and lean on each other when something goes wrong. Well - if our marriage is at all like our wedding day we will be the luckiest couple in the world. It was a flawless evening. We have received multiple compliments on the food & the atmosphere. We are forever grateful for the attention to detail and impeccable taste.

Sent on 10/20/2014

i just had my daughters bridal shower at the grand oaks. The food was amazing. The waiters could not do enough for you . Pat and John are the best to work with at the venue. I highly recommend the grand oaks ....The second floor room overlooking the golf course is absolutely beaytiful....

Sent on 05/05/2013

I had the greatest wedding. it was planned in less than 2 months and everyone was extremly helpful. My only complaint was the cocktail hour. we had 230 guests and everyone was packed into the restuarant room where the cocktail hour was being held. not sure if there was anything that could have been done except if it was a nice day it could have been outside.
    The day of the wedding was amazing and went off without any problems. they were all great

Sent on 06/19/2013

Lisa · Married on 05/04/2018

We just had our wedding there this past weekend and I can’t express the gratitude we have towards the staff the day of the event. There wasn’t a flaw or a glitch they were so attentive and fun to be around and they accommodated our every request. Dominque was my bridal attendent and by far the best!

Sent on 05/05/2018

Just had my wedding on Friday January 9th. What an amazing time I had!!!! I was unfortunately sick on my wedding day but the staff did everything they could to make our day special. Margaret was a pleasure to work with and she did everything I wanted PLUS MORE!!!!! I couldn't believe how magnificent the entire event was. Thank you Margaret, Tara, Jojo, Betty, and everyone for my Beautiful WInter Disney Wedding!!!!! I can't wait to have another party!!

Sent on 01/12/2015

3.0

Venue is gorgeous. Some mistakes were made, for example guests not receiving cake and/or favors. Polite and helpful staff

Sent on 05/30/2013
  • Janilly

Janilly · Married on 11/08/2019

Wedding day was amazing

The actual day of the wedding and my bridal attendant, Marie, and Maitre d John were amazing and extremely helpful throughout the day. I wish I could say the same with the venue overall. While beautiful and exactly what I wished for, there was a big lack of communication that happened between the venue and my husband and I. Our event planner changed multiple times without notice and we were told after the fact. The last change was five days before the wedding. We went through 3/4 of the planning process with one event planner and suddenly a two weeks before the wedding she’s gone and a new one comes in but she’s on vacation until five days before the wedding. Vacations are necessary, but we still hadn’t given our final count and we still had a lot to go over. It made our planning so difficult and frustrating. The day of the wedding was beautiful and they did a perfect job, I just wished the planning process was a little smoother with more communication.

Sent on 11/17/2019