Grand Ledge Opera House Reviews

28 | Grand Ledge, MI

28 Reviews for Grand Ledge Opera House

Jasmine Joubran · Married on 08/10/2018

Gorgeous Venue, Great Staff!

We had such a wonderful experience with our wedding at the Grand Ledge Opera House! The venue is absolutely stunning, including the grand ballroom and terrace levels in the opera house itself, as well as the vibrant terrace area connected to the Grand River outside. We had both our wedding ceremony and reception upstairs in the grand ballroom with less than two hours during our cocktail hour to reset the room and the opera house staff did an excellent job transitioning the room during this time. Needless to say, the setup for both the ceremony and reception was absolutely gorgeous.

The staff was wonderful about communicating what to expect with us beforehand and being present and helpful, yet unobtrusive, throughout our wedding day. We thoroughly enjoyed our wedding day at the Grand Ledge Opera House!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Grand Ledge Opera House's reply:

Jasmine,

The Grand Ledge Opera House staff greatly appreciates the positive reviews!

We are extremely pleased that we were able to accommodate all your needs throughout your special day.

We wish you and Chris much happiness!

Thank you, again.

Christine Wooten
    (517)627-1443
    Grand Ledge Opera House

Marwa · Married on 08/14/2016

Beautiful place and wonderful :)

Sent on 03/12/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/06/2015

The staff were great to work with and open to new ideas! We rented the lower level with access to the outdoor patio and gardens. It was a beautiful setting for an outdoor wedding with a built in option for inclement weather!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Jennifer · Married on 08/30/2013

Melanie and Staff were exceptional in helping us plan our dream wedding. They provided consistent communication via email and phone (as I was planning my wedding from Massachusetts). Additionally the grounds and flower beds looked absolutely perfect on our big day (August 30th). I could not have asked for a more beautiful venue and friendly and hospitable staff to work with. I would highly recommend this venue to friends, family, and anyone else looking for a rustic site with a touch of elegance.

Sent on 09/05/2013

The building was beautiful and the pictures turned out great!

Sent on 01/31/2013

Sam · Married on 11/19/2011

The Grand Ledge Opera House was always available for questions throughout planning and was very accommodating along the way. The Opera House is a gorgeous venue and I would highly recommend it to any other bride.

Sent on 12/01/2011

Lindsay · Married on 08/12/2011

Perfection. Beautiful, amazing to work with, great service...no other word would describe better than PERFECTION!

Sent on 09/26/2011
  • Natasha

Natasha · Married on 07/01/2011

We loved the GLOH. There are some hoops to go through like a security deposit and a need for liability insurance but it's worth it. The Opera House looks beautiful and people loved it! The girl who was there right before our rehearsal was so incredibly nice and the manager is very nice as well. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/25/2011

Karen · Married on 05/16/2009

The Opera House and it's staff were very helpful and good to work with. They tok care of details timely. The location is beautiful! Especially the landscaping. I was married on the terrace level brick patio and had the reception on in the room on the terrace level. They quickly set up the chairs for the ceremony and moved them in to the reception quickly.

Sent on 06/17/2009

R · Married on 10/05/2008

The Opera House was a beautiful place to have our ceremony and reception. We had a gorgeous ceremony outside in the garden and had our musicians play in the gazebo. They had plenty of space for cocktail hour and a lovely ballroom for our reception. I'd definetely recommend them to other brides. They are alot more affordable to rent out on a Sunday ($1000 cheaper than a saturday!)

Sent on 03/10/2009

Ruth · Married on 06/10/2005

We had so many compliments on the location of our wedding. Set off the Grand River, it is a beautiful setting and we rented the entire facility, which I think is a necessity. Our dinner was on the main floor, with our ceremony outside on the patio and cocktail hour and dessert/dancing on the terrace. It was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 11/01/2008
  • KT

KT · Married on 10/27/2017

Beautiful historic building in a very vintage downtown setting. Everyone at the OH was good to work with and super helpful.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Martha · Married on 09/24/2011

Fabulous. I picked this site because it has some charm and history, and lovely grounds. We were married outside on the patio and had the reception inside the Terrace level. This site was only marginally more expensive than the other one I was considering, and came with nice rental tables and chairs and staff to help with set up and tear down, all things the other site lacked. Throughout the planning process I has happy with the level of service, and the promptness and accuracy of the answers to my questions. On the big day, everything went smoothly and the staff was very attentive. My only issues were some hiccups with the wireless mic (but these things happen), and sometimes the staff were a little too present (but I prefer that to not being able to find someone when I need them). Highly recommended venue in the mid-Michigan area!

Sent on 09/30/2011

This place was gorgeous I loved it from the minute I stepped foot into the Grand room. I booked almost a year in advance for my October wedding because it was a popular reception spot. The staff was always there when I called and helped me with any questions I had.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Seth · Married on 08/30/2013

My wife and I were married here in late August and it was likely the most memorable experience I'll ever have. We had both the ceremony and reception here.

Initially we decided to rent only the terrace level room since we wanted easy access to the outdoor terrace and grounds. The terrace level has a bit of a musty odor, however, and just isn't as nice as the ballroom, so we decided to open our wallets and rent the entire building in order to reserve the outdoor terrace for the ceremony. The ballroom is worth it, believe me.

The grounds are really nice too. There's a gazebo, flowers and plants, a river, and a big bridge that seems oddly out of place for the scene of a wedding (but I found it cool). The staff were easy to work with and they provided recommendations for music, decorations, and the like.

Sent on 10/26/2013

My husband and I used the Grand Ledge Opera House for our wedding reception and it was absolutely beautiful! We rented the whole thing (both the Grand Hall and the Terrance Level) and we would highly recommend doing that, even if it may be a little pricey. The gardens outside the Terrance Level near the river is absolutely beautiful and we took all of our bridal party pictures down there which is perfect. We would defintely recommend the Opera House!

Sent on 07/12/2013
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/19/2008

Our wedding and reception was in the Terrace room of the Opera House. We got beautiful photos in their gardens and gazebo. The dance floor was a great size. The staff were helpful everytime I called with questions. I would recommend this location for a beautiful wedding. Price is affordable especially if you do both the wedding and reception there.

Sent on 06/27/2009

Maggie · Married on 06/25/2010

2.5

The Opera House is definitely one of the most beautiful places in mid-Michigan for a wedding reception. The cost was quite reasonable and the fact that you can bring in your own alcohol and caterer, makes it even more financially feasible. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Sent on 07/13/2010

Meaghan · Married on 07/23/2011

We had a wonderful time at our wedding this summer! All the staff was wonderful and so very helpful! THank You!!

Sent on 08/05/2011

Claire · Married on 08/09/2003

The garden level is the most beautiful venue for a wedding reception! We didn't do the ceremony here, just the reception. My favorite moment -- looking out at the garden leading down to the river and seeing all of my guests in quiet repose in small groups across the grass, among the flowers. The gazebo is the best place for pictures. The only downside I can even think of is if you have no DJ, it's difficult to set up the music yourself with their facilities.

Sent on 03/19/2008

kristin · Married on 09/05/2009

4.2
      3.5

My fiance actually lost his battle to cancer before we could get married, but we had planned on getting married at the GROH. They were very professional and helpful throughout my entire experience with them. When things turned out unexpectedly, they returned our deposit which was greatly appreciated.

Sent on 09/30/2009

Neal · Married on 07/14/2018

3.0

Great location for a Wedding reception. Good with communication and very professional. They are a bit expensive and have rather strict guidelines for what you can and cannot do with decor, etc. But overall a beautiful location. even though their is a second venue below the grand hall we never knew they were their. Not sure if the Terrace level guests heard us. Parking is slightly limited onsite but plenty of public parking nearby. Our reception was about 150 people, plenty of space and we had a dance floor that did not require moving any furniture.

Sent on 08/03/2018

Erin · Married on 10/31/2008

We held our ceremony and reception at the Grand Ledge Opera House. The ceremony was downstairs on the terrace level outside and worked perfectly to have the wedding party wait inside before marching out. We also utilized the downstairs bathrooms for the wedding parties changing rooms, which was great for us and taking pictures before the ceremony, this way we did not have to track anyone down-they were all there! The reception was held upstairs in the ballroom and the staff was good about working with my family to accommodate what requests we had. We did run into some communication issues with some of the staff telling certain family members one thing and then telling someone else something else as far as price and when we were allowed to come in and set up for the event. If nothing else, the building worked beautifully for our needs and our guests.

Sent on 06/24/2009
  • Rhonda

Rhonda · Married on 10/05/2008

3.0

Everything ran smoothly. The opera house allowed us in at 8am to get ready and decorate. They were there for us for anything we needed. I'd say they were realiable and cooperative on my wedding day, and I'd recommend them to others. It is important to note that the opera house does not allow candles to have exposed flame, so this took some flexibility in finding the proper decorations for table centerpieces to meet their requirements for safely.

Sent on 10/15/2008

g · Married on 10/24/2009

3.8
      3.5

The staff at the Opera House was great. All the tables and chairs were setup when we arrived Saturday morning. They moved around tables and chairs, changed the lighting, and basically did anything we asked of them. They let us provide our own bar which saved us a ton of money. We got a lot of compliments on what a cool space it was. Renting the entire building is a must!!

Sent on 10/26/2009