Grand Concourse Reviews

Grand Concourse 1
Grand Concourse 2

Melissa Migliaro Collins · Married on 11/19/2018

Above & Beyond!!

The entire staff at the Grand Concourse (starting with Brian) went above and beyond our expectations for the wedding and reception. Everything was taken care of with such professionalism and with a friendly attitude. Even our wedding guests were pleased with the service. The atmosphere and of course food were top-notch as well. We really appreciated sharing the night with such wonderful people and hope they had a good time with our guests. We would recommend the Grand Concourse to anyone who's having a wedding or special event. And we look forward to returning for anniversaries and other special occasions. Thank you for all that you do!!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Debbie Swoyer · Married on 10/06/2018

Brian and his staff was a pleasure to work with!

The Grand Concourse gave our daughter and son-in-law their fairy tale wedding! Our guests were awed by the ambiance of the ballroom and commented on their dinners and the service. The wait staff was outstanding and took care of everything from the minute we arrived until the end of the reception. Our reception was a wonderful and memorable event!

Emily Falconer · Married on 09/29/2018

Wedding Venue: The Grand Concourse

My husband and I started our planning process like most other couples, trying to find the perfect venue. We looked at a handful of places, they were all nice, but the moment we stepped foot into the Grand Concourse we knew that was it.

We love Pittsburgh and being able to have our wedding at a such an iconic venue really made the day special. The ceiling and the grandeur of the site really lends itself to a classic theme.

If you're looking for a wedding venue, you can't go wrong with The Grand Concourse. They have amazing food and were open to letting us do almost anything we wanted with the space. Not to mention, they have an add on list for people who want more sweets than a cookie table and cake. We got the doughnut machine and the ice cream bar - people couldn't stop raving about how good they both were. They were the hit of the night!

The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and got back to us right away when we had questions. We highly recommend it!

Michele · Married on 09/22/2018

The Ideal Wedding

“The Ideal Wedding “ is a quote from one of my guests. The backdrop of the grand and historic Grand Concourse made a lovely setting for our ceremony and reception of 50 guests. We received an overwhelming number of compliments on the food and service. The afternoon went flawlessly. The events manager, Brian was responsive and worked through all our questions and special requests. On the day of, he was there to ensure the ceremony got off to a fantastic start and the staff continued the impeccable service right out to the valet helping us pack the leftover cupcakes and decorations into our car. Couldn’t have asked for a nicer day.

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Grand Concourse 3
    Grand Concourse 4
  • Victoria

Victoria Climo · Married on 09/08/2018

Unique and memorable, but reasonable.

My husband and I had our 200 person wedding reception at the Grand Concourse 9/8/18 and have had a number of guests since then tell us that this wedding was simply their favorite! A lot of this has to do with the beauty and uniqueness of this place. Not only is it aesthetically pleasing, but their food is exceptional. We knew that we wanted a place where it doesn’t look just like any other wedding and also where our guests would remember the food and they did! Brian, Scott, and the whole team worked very hard with us to make our vision come alive and it was perfect. They made sure that everything was to our liking and we even had our dance floor out on the patio, which was a huge hit and gave us more room inside. We highly recommend this venue if you are looking to stand out and not spend a fortune doing so.

Katherine · Married on 07/14/2018

My family LOVES coming here for Thanksgiving Dinner and Mother's Day! It's become a family tradition, and something that we all look forward to every year. The setting is beautiful, the food is beyond reproach, and I always feel like royalty when I go. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for an eating experience that incorporates Pittsburgh history into a restaurant establishment.

Sent on 04/13/2018

Katherine · Married on 08/12/2017

Nothing compares to the food and level of service at the Grand Concourse. Our wedding guests enjoyed the beautiful view for our small reception dinner in the river room. The servers were attentive especially Arden who has been working for the gc for many years. Ask for him by name for your wedding! Everything was beautiful and executed in a timely manner. Our guests loved our wedding and raved about the gc and the level of class it offered. It is well worth the extra money. Also the alcohol package -get the highest level offered -it was fantastic.

Sent on 08/20/2017

Jeni · Married on 08/06/2016

This is the most BEAUTIFUL venue for a classy wedding. So unique, and we all agreed - the best steak we have ever had! They coordinated everything perfectly, and we had the BEST DAY OF OUR LIVES!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Sara · Married on 11/07/2015

Amazing, Stunning, Exquisite: these are the words that I've heard over and over from family and friends about our wedding at the Grand Concourse. When looking for venues for our wedding I was surprised to see this come up as an option. I can't believe I have not been to a wedding at the Grand Concourse before; I'm glad the first one was mine! The room is absolutely gorgeous and it needs so little decoration to make a big statement. I remember sitting there during dinner with my husband and looking out and thinking that everything looked so beautiful. From a cost perspective per person, I thought this was extremely reasonable for the quality of food and level of service. We had 140 people at our wedding in the main room and every single person seemed to be served at exactly the same time which is so rare! I was hesitant about the tables being different shapes and sizes but it was so easy to do the seating chart and also it encourages people to walk around and mingle. The food was great and the drinks were also exceptional. The level of service at the Grand Concourse was outstanding. From my initial meetings with Brian George and his staff all the way through the wedding my expectations were exceeded. Brian made sure that every request we had was taken care of and he made thoughtful suggestions on how to make the day run smoother. The responses to any questions I had were taken care of immediately. I do want to make special note that during the wedding and reception, Susan was assigned to ensure that anything we needed was taken care of - and she did that and then some. She took care of everything from straightening my husband's tie to checking to see if I needed a glass of water. It was the little things like this that are the attention to detail that this vendor provides. I could go on and on, but instead I would highly recommend that you give Brian a call to hear how he can make your wedding and reception a memorable event at the Grand Concourse.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Andrea · Married on 11/07/2015

The Grand Concourse is an exceptional venue for a wedding and reception. Food was excellent, service was superb and the setting was exquisite. As the mother of the bride, it was wonderful that the staff took care of every detail so that I and our guests could enjoy the evening. Everyone had a great time. The location is convenient for out of town guests. The venue and downtown skyline provided opportunities for excellent photographs. I was extremely satisfied to host my daughter's wedding at the Grand Concourse. Compared to other venues, it was also a good value.

Sent on 12/19/2015

Michelle · Married on 06/27/2015

I had my wedding for 142 guests at the Grand Concourse on Saturday, June 27th 2015. It was an incredible experience. When I started looking for venues, I couldn't get over the generic look of the standard hotel ballrooms. I knew I wanted something unique where I wouldn't have to do much in the way of decorating. When we saw the Grand Concourse, I knew it would be our venue. It is so special, and for our wedding we had a lot of guests coming from out of town so I wanted to show them this beautiful, historic and unique part of Pittsburgh.

My guests raved about the atmosphere, the food, and the service. When I arrived with my bridal party, they had set up a private cocktail service for us on the 2nd floor where we had our own server (Susan). Susan was spectacular. She was so kind, accommodating and attentive. We ordered a few additional hors d'oeurves at the recommendation of the server who helped us during our tasting (dynamite scallops, lobster bisque shooters) and our guests loved them!

The entire staff was amazing. The servers and bar tenders took great care of my guests. From top to bottom and beginning to end the wedding was a fantastic experience. Brian George made the process of planning and preparing so pleasant and easy. He accommodated my every request and his calm, pleasant demeanor made me feel at ease. He quickly responded to all my emails and questions, and never made me feel like I was a bother. I am so grateful for everyone at the Grand Concourse who made my wedding day so perfect. I highly, highly recommend the Grand Concourse!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Brian and his staff were wonderful to work with throughout the wedding reception planning process. He answered all of our questions in a very timely manner and offered helpful suggestions to us when we asked for assistance. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. If you are looking for a place that reflects Pittsburgh's history this it it! The dark wood, the historical significance to the city, and the beautiful rooms make you appreciate the beauty of Station Square. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.

Sent on 07/03/2015

Julia · Married on 06/19/2015

My husband and I selected the Grand Concourse for our rehearsal dinner venue, and we couldn't have been happier. The food was absolutely delicious (it even gave our wedding reception menu a run for its money!) and the service was first-class: our servers made sure we were well taken care of the entire evening, and even helped us when we had a snafu with some of our rehearsal dinner decor. We were also excited to host the event in a historic location that showcased the beautiful river views of Pittsburgh for our out-of-town guests, and with the restaurant's proximity to the Incline, we were able to offer everyone a trip to Mount Washington following our meal. What a gorgeous place to host our dinner-- thank you to all the staff who made our rehearsal dinner a shining success!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Lauren · Married on 04/18/2015

The Grand Concourse was the most perfect place for our wedding! The service staff was great, and Brian was excellent to work with! The team did such a great job accommodating all of our requests, and everything looked perfect! It was affordable, the food was amazing, and everything worked out flawlessly. Thanks to Brian and his team for making our wedding day as perfect as we imagined!

Sent on 05/05/2015
  • Maura

Maura · Married on 05/12/2012

This was a most exceptional venue for our reception. The employees were very professional and everything went smoothly. It is a spectacular location for a wedding reception. Brian George, Event Manager, responded quickly with phone calls and answers. It was the most perfect wedding ever!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Angela · Married on 04/02/2016

The Grand Concourse was the perfect venue for our wedding day. They couldn't have been easier to work with, especially after changing the number of guests 3 times on short notice. We had more guests than our room could accommodate, but the sales manager, Brian, made the adjustments needed. This was a huge worry, but was handled with ease. Our servers were amazing and felt like family by the end of the event. I felt very lucky to have our head server working with us as she kept things running smoothly and was extremely attentive and helpful. Nothing but professionalism, starting with the lovely woman handling valet services. The food was absolutely delicious. We were married right outside of the restaurant, which worked out perfectly. Our 45 guests couldn't have been happier and neither could we!

Sent on 05/04/2016

Sara · Married on 03/19/2016

We could not have asked for a better experience for our wedding day! The Grand Concourse absolutely lives up to its 'grand' moniker. Our family and friends were completely in awe with the decor and quality of service that the Grand Concourse team provides. If you are looking for an almost completely decorated venue, you can't do better than here. The food was incredible, as always, and the Pittsburgh cookie table that was orchestrated by family & friends was displayed beautifully. The most amazing thing to us about the Grand Concourse was the staff. Brian and Dawn were so easy to work with leading up to our big day, and the staff during cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing were top notch. Talk about a well-oiled machine!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Anna · Married on 06/11/2016

3.5

We had our reception at the Grand Concourse and could not be happier with how everything turned out. First, as anyone who has ever been inside knows, the venue itself is absolutely beautiful and unique. This was one of our deciding factors, as we knew it wouldn't take much decoration or rentals to transform it from a restaurant to a wedding venue. From a practical standpoint, you will save yourself a lot of time and money as the linens, chairs, etc. are already provided and of good quality.

Brian and Dawn were very pleasant and helpful during the planning process and especially in my frenzy in the days leading up to the event. We moved away from Pittsburgh six months before the wedding, and they were accommodating to me asking very detailed questions well in advance before the move. Additionally, most of my vendors have worked with the Grand Concourse team before and were also comfortable working with Brian.

The set-up was absolutely beautiful. We had a French Quarter/Vintage inspired reception and everything actually ended up looking better than I imagined. Between the staff and the florist, we didn't have to worry about anything that day. I had a friend look things over prior to cocktail hour, and she basically said she didn't need to change anything. The tables looked classy and clean, and the cookie table set-up was amazing! By all means, have GC plate your cookies and GET THE DONUTS. You cannot go wrong with the donuts. Your guests will thank you.

We had 165 guests, who fit comfortably in the main dining room. We also rented out the entire Gandy, which I highly recommend if that is within your budget. I think that played a role in guests staying till the end (along with the awesome DJ). It's a great space to mingle and was absolutely worth the extra money. We certainly didn't break the bank either; GC is a great value!

Sent on 06/23/2016

My fiancé and I stumbled upon this gem while looking for venues in Pittsburgh. The venue is gorgeous and really didn't need a ton of decor or floral arrangements to dress it up which we liked. Brian was great and so responsive to all of our questions and did his best to accommodate our needs. It is so close to the Sheraton where our guests stayed and the prices were reasonable compared to the other venues we say in the area. I would highly recommend brides to look into this location if you are looking for a vintage and classic feel!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/29/2013

3.5

The Grand Concourse was an absolutely beautiful venue for our wedding. The actual reception was unbelievable, and our guests complimented the food, the beauty, and just overall the service of the night. It will definitely be a night that we will all remember. My family experienced a tragedy three days before the wedding, and so there were some last minute changes that the staff were very flexible and understanding with There was only one snafu of the night with the cake- the entire cake was supposed to be served, as well as the groomscake was supposed to be out with the wedding cake, but there was some kind of mixup. One of our tables did not receive cake because of it; however we had the donut service and that made up for it. We found out the next day that the top of the cake had not been cut. I am not sure if that was due to miscommunication from the bakery or what happened. My only other critique is that sometimes it seemed as though the responsiveness through email was slow prior to the two weeks before the wedding. Otherwise, this is a great place to have your reception if you want a unique, magnificent venue.

Sent on 07/13/2013

3.5

We had our rehearsal dinner in the river room at the grand concourse and it was wonderful! Food and service were great!

Sent on 11/07/2015

Emilee · Married on 10/28/2017

2.8
      1.0
      3.0
      2.0

We had our wedding there in October. The floor plan we discussed didn’t happen. We were the last people to be served at our wedding so we didn’t see our guests. They didn’t even feed my DJ. For someone spending over 15,000 I would expect better. Also, pretty sure they stole my other cake. No one bothered to contact us after the event. I’m dissatisfied to say the least. Where is my cake??????

Sent on 12/06/2017