Granby Ranch Reviews

46 | Granby, CO

46 Reviews for Granby Ranch

Melanie · Married on 08/02/2018

Gorgeous ceremony site and awesome service!

Granby Ranch was everything I hoped for and more! I had my wedding in August and it was the best! Devon was wonderful to work with and helped answer any questions I had through out the process and my guest were raving about how fun and friendly staff were throughout the night. Because they only do one wedding a day, they make you feel really special. I'm a relatively funky bride and wanted to create a bohemian, festivally type vibe to this venue and having the place to ourselves for 12 hours definitely helped us create exactly the look I was going for. My husband is an avid skier so we wanted to have our wedding at a ski resort but I wanted to do a lot of unique design elements to make it as quirky and arsty as I am. I felt like Granby Ranch allowed us to really personalize our wedding compared to other ski resorts.

The food exceeded expectations and even my most foody of relatives kept bringing up how great the food was weeks after the event. That steak was melt in your mouth perfection!

And that's not even the best part of having my wedding here. Vista Ridge is to die for! As soon as I saw it, I was sold! It is the most beautiful site I've ever been too. You even get to walk down the aisle through an aspen grove! Plus, the Bridal Yurt is super cute. I highly recommend any bride looking for the perfect mountain wedding. What's a better place to say your 'I do's' than on top of a mountain?

Sent on 10/21/2018

Katelyn · Married on 07/22/2017

Granby Ranch was the most beautiful wedding venue for our Colorado wedding! As Colorado natives, we loved the Granby area and knew we wanted to get married there. We originally saw the venue in July 2016, and booked Granby Ranch for our wedding in July 2017! We knew there were a few transitions of wedding coordinators while we were planning our wedding, and we were fortunate enough to work with Cassidy during the months leading up to the wedding! Cassidy and her team were so amazing, they made our entire dream wedding possible! Cassidy responded to our emails quickly, accommodated a few additional people for our wedding tasting in May 2017, and was helpful and made everything possible on our wedding day! Our wedding was scheduled for 3:00pm, and we had some lightning around 1:30pm, and Granby Ranch had to close the lift for safety reasons. The staff notified us that our ceremony at Vista Ridge will be very unlikely. While we are trying to decide where to move the ceremony location, the sky clears up and we didn’t have any lightning for the rest of the afternoon! Cassidy let us know that it was now safe for us to have the ceremony at Vista Ridge, and to allow guests on the chairlift. Cassidy and her team worked so hard to turn the day around and make our wedding ceremony at Vista Ridge possible! Our guests were stunned by the views at Vista Ridge, and said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to! Granby Ranch is a beautiful location with great food, wide variety of drinks, and a great setup! All together shows how hard the Granby Ranch staff worked to make our day amazing! Our wedding at Granby Ranch was wonderful and everything we dreamed of! We highly recommend Granby Ranch as a wedding venue!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Katelyn,
    Thank you for the kind words. I am so grateful that we were able to have the ceremony at Vista Ridge. Safety is of course our number one priority, however I wanted you to have your vision nearly as much as you did. Thankfully it all worked out. You and Alex were an absolute dream to work with, even when it was looking grim. I hope to see you this winter season, or stop in anytime.
    Cassidy

Michele · Married on 07/01/2017

What an amazing venue! As the mother-of-the-bride, I could not have been more pleased with all the assistance from Granby Ranch Staff. I was a little concerned when I had a difficult time a couple weeks prior and I had difficulty getting answers to questions I emailed, but after learning our wedding coordinator had fallen ill, I understood the delay and was informed "not to worry"! Everything went smoothly the day of the wedding....from the assistance at the lift ride, to the fabulous food and the attentiveness of the staff! Our wedding planner, Cassidy, asked if I needed anything when I arrived at the reception and I said, "Water"! I had it within 5 minutes! High recommendations from our family!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Granby Ranch's reply:

Thank you Michele for your kind words and understanding. Its never a good time to have pneumonia but right before peak wedding season was certainly the worst. It was my privilege to assist with Anna and Tyler's big day. Best Wishes.
    - Cassidy

Hillary · Married on 06/03/2017

Excellent venue. All of our guests were stunned by the views, everyone enjoyed the novelty of riding the ski lift to the site. We had lots of compliments on all the food, especially the chicken and waffles appetizer and palisade tomato soup and grilled cheese appetizer. Staff was very helpful, very organized, and put a lot of effort into making the day smooth and stress free for ourselves. They assisted with set up, clean up, directing guests, communicating with vendors, the wedding organizer even helped cart around my veil and dress while we did photos. Worth the cost for all the extras and included assistance.

Sent on 06/10/2017

Granby Ranch's reply:

Thank you Hillary for your kind words. It was my pleasure to get to be a part of your big day. You looked stunning! And I'm so glad we were able to incorporate the green and gold at the reception. Go Packers!

Christi · Married on 09/24/2016

Granby Ranch was the PERFECT venue for our Colorado destination wedding on 9/24/16. Our friends and family are still RAVING about the ceremony view and the reception food, and many of them said they want to come back to Granby Ranch for family vacations in the future. I apologize for the long review, but there are just so many reasons we loved Granby Ranch.

First and foremost, the chair lift rides and the mountaintop ceremony location provided the perfect Colorado experience for our guests (This was super important to us, since 100% of our guests came in from out of state). The view at the ceremony site is truly incredible and one of the best that we've seen anywhere.

Another thing we loved about the venue is that there’s plenty of convenient, affordable and quality lodging available right on the property. All of our guests rented condos in Base Camp One, and they absolutely LOVED their accommodations. The condos are modern, spacious and right next door to the chair lift and reception location. It doesn’t get more convenient than that! They are all privately owned, so we weren’t able to do a room block, but a majority of them are available through VRBO.com, so our guests didn’t have any trouble figuring out how to book their rooms once we told them where to go. We also loved that there were so many on-site activities for our guests to do at Granby Ranch. Several of our friends went hiking, biking and golfing during the weekend.

To top it all off, the food was AMAZING and the entire day was seamless and perfect thanks to the amazing team at Granby Ranch. We could not have dreamed of a more perfect wedding.

Sent on 10/16/2016

Heather · Married on 08/13/2016

Seriously - what can I say about this venue! The whole team is amazing - whether they are helping you with catering or any other questions that you may have about planning a wedding!! We not only had a Welcome Party on the lawn, but we had our ceremony and our reception there as well - everything was perfect and everyone (our guests) had a blast! If I could have a wedding every year (with my husband) I would without a doubt have it at Granby Ranch! The view was breathtaking and the people were so helpful!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Our wedding at Granby Ranch was beautiful! It was a pleasure to work with the team at the ranch- they were super helpful with the dozens of questions we had over the several months of planning. The food was delicious and all of our guests raved about the fantastic time they had at the venue over the weekend. Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Madeline · Married on 08/09/2015

This place gave us our dream wedding. The crew was so kind and helpful; but I have to give a particular shout out to Patty. She made the day so special and made us feel cared for and relaxed. Beautiful place and people can't recommend it enough!

Sent on 08/17/2015

My husband and I were extremely satisfied with the fabulous attention, service and support we received from Emily Burgess and the entire staff that worked at our wedding on December 29. From our first visit with Emily in the fall, up until the wedding on December 29, she was incredibly helpful, informative, supportive and attentive to our needs and desires for our wedding. She kept us well informed throughout the whole planning process and was wonderful to work with! She provided us with great suggestions for vendors for our flowers and cake. On the day of our wedding, Emily and the entire staff far exceeded our expectations, and their attention and service made our day far more special and memorable than we had ever dreamed it would be! The entire staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and really contributed to making our day one we will never forget!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Shannon · Married on 09/18/2014

Granby Ranch is an absolutely amazing venue! Simply breathtaking!
    Everything was perfect, and our wedding ladies - Emily and Amy - were exactly what a Bride needs on her big day, and all the planning that goes into it.
    If you have any reservations regarding the location, take it from a Bride, my day was perfect and if you honor Granby Ranch with your wedding, your day will be perfect as well!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Mike · Married on 09/05/2014

We had such a wonderful time working with and having our ceremony at Granby Ranch. The service was top-notch (shout out to Amy and Emily, they were amazing!) and the venue couldn't have possibly been better. Gorgeous views of the National Park right at your ceremony site, it almost looks fake. And how many people can say they and their guests took a ski lift up to their wedding?
    The staff were so accommodating - anything we asked for they could provide. This also parlays to the pricing, it was a lot of money, but you get what you pay for because this was worth it. I have never had better wedding food, the staff during the reception were so lovely and personable, lodging is right next door, I could go on.
    It's also important to note that they're very gay-friendly (my partner and I obviously couldn't have a union ceremony somewhere they're not), but if that's important to you you're welcome to take it from me that it's not even remotely an issue and we were treated (presumably) like any other couple they've dealt with. Five stars!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Caitlin · Married on 08/15/2014

My husband and I only looked at one venue and Granby Ranch was it! We loved that the venue had so many options and that we didn't have to bring in our own caterer or worry about rentals for the day. We loved working with Emily and our day couldn't have gone any better.

Sent on 01/03/2015

Granby Ranch is the perfect wedding venue if you are looking for something with amazing mountain views. It is absolutely beautiful and is a lot less expensive than a lot of the other ski resorts in Colorado. Many of my wedding guests told me that riding the ski lift up to the ceremony made the wedding very memorable. Vista Ridge is gorgeous and the reception area is great. The food and the Granby Ranch Grill House Wine were delicious. The staff was very helpful and responsive to emails and questions. They were going through a staffing change at the time I was planning my wedding and I still felt very taken care of. I couldn’t imagine getting married anywhere else!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Mabon · Married on 07/26/2014

Granby Ranch exceeded my expectations! From the staff to the beautiful mountain top view, I was never disappointed. I would recommend them to anyone looking to get married in Colorado! I absolutely loved working with Amy and Emily (wedding coordinators)! They responded quickly to every question, comment and suggestion I had!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Carrie · Married on 06/21/2014

My husband and I would definitely recommend Granby Ranch as a wedding venue for anyone who would like to treat their guest to a fairytale, mountainside wedding. All of our guests raved about the fantastic views and the gorgeous backdrop for our wedding. We loved sharing our passion for the Colorado outdoors and this setting helped to make our wedding the best wedding many of our guests have ever been to. What originally sparked our attention with Granby Ranch was the budget-friendly prices as well as the independent family ownership. We actually visited and booked this venue before getting officially engaged! We chose our wedding date based on the open availability at Granby Ranch! When you book a wedding with them, you will be the main event for this location! Other venues we checked out in the mountains had coinciding events but at this resort your wedding day is reserved just for you.

We were impressed with the professionalism of the event coordinating team. They were often available when we would call or would quickly respond to emails. They were flexible and able to accommodate our busy schedules for meetings and site visits. On the day of our wedding the team was so helpful that we were able to relax and enjoy our special day.

Another fabulous part of the Granby Ranch venue experience included the fantastic food experience! Chef prepared a wonderful feast and was able to accommodate for our special food allergies as well as a couple vegetarian requests. The staff was very friendly and continuously checked in with us regarding if we would like a refill of our drinks or if we wanted more wedding cake.

We would definitely recommend Granby Ranch as a ceremony and reception venue to anyone who is looking to plan a mountain top wedding in the Rockies!

Sent on 04/02/2015

Laura · Married on 06/07/2014

The ceremony spot at Granby Ranch is epic. Total panoramic view of unspoiled gorgeous mountains complete with wildflowers. All our vendors said it beats anything else they've seen in the Colorado Mountains. It is awesome! It's even more awesome that the Granby Ranch staff are so wonderful to work with! Amy and Emily accommodated all our requests and quickly responded to my dozens of emails with questions. They really seem to enjoy their jobs, which makes such a huge difference. Execution on the big day was perfect! The reception space is also wonderful, complemented by a huge outdoor porch. The food was lovely too! My husband is vegetarian, and the vegetarian/vegan dish was delicious (not the standard sautéed veggies on a pile rice that you often see at weddings). We were also able to easily accommodate the gluten free crowd. And as if you needed another selling point, you and your guests can have s'mores! Awesome staff, unbeatable location, great food - my opinion is that this is THE Colorado mountain wedding venue.

Sent on 07/20/2014
  • User4220089 · 2+ years ago

I highly recommend Granby Ranch for anyone looking for a ski resort wedding! The ceremony site is breathtaking (over a month later guests are still gushing about it) and reception area is great. Before deciding on Granby my (now) husband and I looked at several other Colorado ski resort options, and Granby Ranch made everything so much easier, and the staff was so helpful and great to work with!We had a blast having our wedding there, and wouldn't have changed a thing! (Great food and bar options, too!)
    NOTE: After seeing the comment above, I have to say that I had a great experience working with Amy and Emily. They were helpful and accommodating, and just generally fun to work with. They made the planning process so much easier!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Candice · Married on 02/23/2014

We wanted a small, economical wedding that involved very little work on our part. Granby Ranch is so beautiful that the wedding could be understated but still magnificent with the mountain backdrop! The Granby Ranch staff helped make sure we didn't forget any of the small details. If we had wanted to be more formal/fancy with our ceremony and reception, I would have still chosen this venue...the things we could have added are endless. I didn't believe that a day could actually be as magical as our wedding day was!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Eryn · Married on 09/21/2013

This is the perfect mountain venue. The chairlift ride to Vista Ridge for the ceremony is AMAZING. Teresa and Joe and their team are so easy to work with!!!!! Nothing went wrong, we had perfect weather, the Aspen leaves were changing and our guests had the best time and enjoyed the AMAZING food. Wedding food can be a challenge for some venues, but not Granby Ranch. They had a huge menu of choices and our chicken and prime rib entrees were perfect. We also did our rehearsal dinner the night before at Granby Ranch Grill and the pizza and pasta was amazing as well. I would recommend any bride get married at Granby Ranch, its a true Colorado experience you and your guests will be raving about for years to come.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Kristen · Married on 09/15/2013

I was married at Granby Ranch on September 15th with beautiful changing aspen trees and an amazing 180 degree view of mountains as the backdrop. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Teresa and the Granby Ranch staff are absolutely phenomenal and were quick and patient to respond to all of my questions during our planning. I recommend this venue to anyone wanting a mountain wedding that guests will be talking about for a while because mine sure are!!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/08/2013

Granby Ranch is a great venue to have your ceremony! We got married at the top of vista ridge in the snow/sleet/rain. Despite the weather, it was amazing. And, the staff at Granby Ranch made sure we made the right decision to go up, although it was pretty cold with the wind chill. My husband consulted with the weather professionals, and they were spot on. We recently witnessed our friends get wed at the same location. Different time of year and different weather, but it is still a beautifully breathtaking location! We definitely recommend Granby Ranch as a wedding venue. Grand County is great!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Molly · Married on 08/10/2013

Our wedding at Granby Ranch was amazing. Staff was attentive and knowledgable, food was fantastic, and the venue- amazing views, and guests loved the chairlift! Granby offered everything the more commercial resorts did with more flexibility and reasonable prices. Our wedding day was perfect and our guests continue to tell us they've never had more fun at a wedding. I would recommend Granby Ranch to any couple looking for a beautiful, easy to work with resort.

Sent on 08/24/2013

Sarah · Married on 07/05/2013

After calling and visiting numerous other venues we found Granby Ranch. We knew right away this was the place for us not only because of the views from the venue but the staff as well. The value was amazing too! Compared to other resort wedding locations Granby Ranch by far was the best! They are very flexible with adding and subtracting services to help meet your budget where most other large resorts wouldn't budge on price! We worked with both Jon and Teresa. They were both wonderful and extremely responsive to every email, phone call and question we had. The planning process went extremely smoothly and so did the actual wedding day. We weren't able to have our rehersal at the actual site due to another wedding that day but we didn't care at all about that. The wedding day was great. The staff helped us stay calm and provided us everything we needed! We couldn't have asked for more! The guests couldn't say enough about the view and the venue overall. One person noted that they had never been to a wedding that people had to be told to sit down because the service was starting, everyone was too busy enjoying the view and taking pictures! On top of that the food at the reception was amazing! I have never heard so many comments about the food at a wedding. They even went out of their way to make special meals for our vegatarian and vegan guests! Thank you Teresa and Granby Ranch for such a perfect day!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Teresa was wonderful! The food was delicious, I have never had such good food at a wedding and many of our guests said the same thing. Wish they would have annonced they were removing the buffet though so people could have had seconds. We did have a little issue with the power due to a passing storm but the staff did a great job, kept serving beer and all was good when it came back on an hour later. Teresa was very responsive to all our questions and I had a lot of them. There was some disagreements at time with what was in the contract and what wasn't but as soon as I pointed them out on the signed (official) contract to her she would agree with us (so make sure you get everything in writing but that goes for all vendors). We couldn't have asked for a better wedding location!

Sent on 10/20/2013

I don't know where to begin except with one word - Perfect! Everything about Granby Ranch led to the perfect wedding day! Granby Ranch now holds a special place in my heart and I can't thank them enough for the fond wedding memories I now have.

From my first email contact with Teresa I could tell she was super organized and upfront about everything. She was super sweet and emailed me a spreadsheet with exact costs of what it would be to hold our wedding at Granby Ranch. Not only was she incredibly caring, but she was so quick with her responses. I never had any issues with Teresa and her staff and they always worked to make our day unique to what we had in mind. I also love how cool, calm, and collected Teresa is. This may sound silly, but dealing with someone like Teresa will allow you to be more relaxed throughout the planning process and on the day of knowing she has everything under control. When confirming final details via email Teresa responded with nothing to worry about from here you are in good hands and she was totally correct in saying that. We didn't worry about a thing throughout the rehearsal and day of because we had complete trust in the staff. You will love this staff and ultimately not having to think about anything the day of will allow you more time to create lasting memories with the ones you love!

Everything else was superb as well. The view is spectacular! Our out of town guests loved their first lift ride up to the beautiful lookout. We had so many compliments on the view and our guests loved their time spent on the top of the mountain for the ceremony. Pictures up here are absolutely amazing as well!

Our food was delicious! The staff accommodated our all vegetarian menu request by impressing us with the options they came up with! Wait staff service the night of was great as well. They were very attentive to guest needs!

I loved having our wedding at Granby Ranch and would do it all over again!

Sent on 07/27/2013