64 Reviews for Gracie's

Hors d'Oeuvres (1)
Plated (1)
Tastings (1)
64 Gracie's Reviews

My now husband and I had our brunch wedding reception here on September 15th, 2018. From the moment we stepped foot into Gracie’s it was love at first site. Then, we met Kendall and it sealed the deal! Kendal, Gracie’s and all the staff are the most warm, pleasant and amazing people you will ever meet. The times we had to meet Kendal at Gracie’s to go over things for our special day, we felt like we were visiting family! All staff from the valet to the waiters new us by our first names. What amazed us the most was when they mentioned our wedding day! Each and every staff member goes above and beyond no matter what the situation is! The food was absolutely out of this world, the guests are still talking about how they have never tasted anything so great especially for it being wedding food! The cake from Ellie’s their sister bakery was to die for, with my husband being a desert fanatic he loved it as did myself and all of our guests. We cannot say enough about how amazing everything was from the food to the service. We are truly grateful for all that Gracie’s and the staff has done to make our day one for the books! We cannot wait to go back for our anniversaries and just to say hello! We can genuinely say we love you guys and we thank you! Mr. and Mrs. Harold Clark :)

Profile Picture Cassandra , 9/15/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Valet, In-House Bar, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Wireless Internet

We knew when we started planning our RI summer backyard wedding from our home in California that it would be a challenge - 130 guests, weather risks, and the long distance communication all seemed daunting. But from our first email exchange with Kendal, we breathed a huge sigh of relief. Kendal, a natural communicator and organizer, never lets any detail slip through the cracks. She gave us space when we needed to think, and was right there when we needed help executing a decision. She helped us keep track of vendors and payments, chimed in with seasoned advice when we needed direction, and never let us forget how exciting it is to have a wedding.

Kendal, Ellen and the Gracie’s team carried this same philosophy through the week of the wedding. They came to our house multiple times to check deliveries and be a part of the rehearsal. Because of their efforts, our ceremony went off without a hitch.

Then, the food! The servers expertly managed the pace of our family-style meal. They were at the same time ultra professional and down to earth. They were there when we needed them, truly reading our minds and setting a natural flow of the event. The food was out of this world - and I know, because the servers and Kendal made a huge effort to make sure my husband and I ate! Plus, Chef Matt created a special vegetarian gnocchi with all my favorite vegetables!

After dinner and dancing, we headed to the backyard for dessert and entered into the “heaven on earth” portion of the evening. Thanks to Gracie’s, the yard was lit up like a midsummer night’s dream. The homemade marshmallow s’mores around our fire pit tasted like pure joy. My brothers ate the leftovers for breakfast!

We recommend Gracie’s to anyone who wants a truly special event to remember: intimate, elegant, creative, personal and fun. Gracie’s has a special place in our heart and we hope to celebrate many anniversaries there for years to come!

Profile Picture Biz, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We've always dined at Gracie's for special occasions (Valentine's, anniversaries), but they did an amazing job with our rehearsal dinner as well! Kendal is absolutely the best when it comes to communication. She responded to every question I had (I am overtly paranoid with every detail) and ensured things would run smoothly. The complimentary tasting is exactly as we expected, just as amazing as it is to dine there for any other occasion.

The night of the rehearsal dinner was gay pride and a parade was scheduled to pass by the restaurant, but Kendal coordinated with the valet to ensure that we'll be able to make it in without a problem. We really appreciated her responsiveness, as we were nervous the parade would block us out.

The dinner itself was fabulous. The decor was simple yet had a nice ambience. The wait staff were very friendly, courteous, and professional, and catered to our every needs to make sure everyone had a wonderful evening. They always made sure that we (bride and groom) were doing ok, and checking in periodically throughout the night, which was very reassuring.

Overall, Gracie's never disappoints, and will always be our restaurant to return to for special occasions. Their quality in food and service, from the wait staff to the valet, are unmatched and maintain that quality through their wedding events.

Profile Picture Raymon, 6/17/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We selected Gracie’s for our wedding rehearsal. Leading up to the event, our communication with Kendal was like talking to a friend about planning our event. She was responsive, accommodating to our requests, and so pleasant to work with! The night of the event the food, service, and ambiance all came together beautifully. We cannot wait to come back and enjoy Gracie’s as a married couple!

Profile Picture Ash, 6/2/18, 1 Review

A wedding, bridal shower or engagement party is meant to be special and memorable. This is what you get at Gracie's and so much more! On April 14, we celebrated my daughter's bridal shower at Gracie's and it was AMAZING! The food, the service and ambiance are exceptional and your guests will relax and truly enjoy themselves. I have received numerous messages from our guests saying that it was, by far, the best shower they have ever attended and that the food was phenomenal. I can't stop raving about the food, presentation and service!

Kendal is a pro at planning and anticipating your needs, and is so enjoyable to work with. Gracie's will do everything they can to accommodate your needs and wishes and make your dreams come true. They went above and beyond to make this a beautiful, magical day that we will always treasure!

Profile Picture Lori, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Favors & Gifts, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

Kendal and Janna and the whole team at Gracie’s made our wedding a wonderful experience! Everything was perfect: food, service, attentiveness, ambience. Our guests were over the moon by how delicious everything was! Wonderful memories were created, and we thank everyone for making it such a special night!

Profile Picture Christie, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My family just hosted a wonderful rehearsal dinner at Gracie's this past week. We had about 35 guests and a short time line to get our dinner in, and Gracie's was so quick to serve, clear, and make our guests comfortable.
We hosted a buffet dinner, and the quality was amazing.
The bartenders and staff were so friendly and willing to do anything for guests. Without a doubt, I would recommend them to anyone looking for a private room for a great dinner! The wedding was right across the street at the Library.

Profile Picture Jyl, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wedding was held at Gracie's on March 7th. Everything was on point, and even exceeded my expectations! From Kendall's attentiveness and her DJ recommendation, to the quality of the food and the excellent service from all the staff, up to last minute accommodations, I loved everything! Our guests raved about the food and the place. We had so much fun and really enjoyed our wedding - it truly was everything we wished for! Thank you, Gracie's!

Profile Picture Alejandra, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Gracie’s 7/21/18. It was everything we had hoped for. Kendal the Events Director met all our needs and then some! The venue was beautiful, the wait staff fantastic and the food AMAZING! We are still receiveing positive comments from our guests. Do not pass Gracie’s by. Take a look you will not be sorry. Beth&Chas

Profile Picture Elizabeth , 3/31/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Though I now live in upstate NY, I went to grad school in Providence and spent lots of time at Gracie's. My husband and I returned to Providence to get married, and thought of no better place to hold our rehearsal dinner. Kendal was such a joy to work and plan with, and so incredibly proactive/helpful/responsive to all my questions. We reserved the private dining room downstairs for the evening, which was beautifully set up and decorated for us when we arrived. Kendal came downstairs to say hello and check in, which was really above and beyond. They also printed menus for us as a memento which was really appreciated, and - as always - the service was incredible. Thank you so much for making that evening so wonderful for us!

Profile Picture Kate, 2/10/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Every single person that worked with us at Gracie’s went above the call of duty to ensure we had a magical wedding! The food was simply amazing and our guests raved about it being the best wedding food they have ever had!!! My wife and I can’t wait to go back for a date night!!!

Profile Picture Candy, 1/13/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Gracie's is by far the most elegant venue to host an event in all of Rhode Island. This is where my husband and I had our first date, I hosted his surprise 30th birthday party here and we just had our wedding rehearsal dinner in Gracie's beautiful private event space - and WOW they never disappoint. Working with Kendall is so amazing! She personally makes sure the event goes off seamlessly, caters to your individual needs, and offers ideas/advice that you may not have thought of on your own to really make your party sparkle! Treating your guests to the Gracie's experience is so unforgettable. In my opinion, the food alone is enough of an experience for your guests...but when you couple that with the ambiance of the event space and the romance of the restaurant you are sure to create a once in a lifetime type of party. I highly, highly recommend hosting any and all of your events here because there is NOTHING else like this place.

Hannah

Profile Picture Hannah, 12/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

My wife and I celebrated our marriage this past weekend with a rehearsal dinner / cocktail party at Gracie's and we can not recommend them enough. Every single part of working with them was an absolute pleasure; from the incredibly generous (and delicious) preparatory chef's-tasting (complimentary with the booking!), to the orchestration of the final event - full of nothing but laughter and smiles.
Kendal, the Catering & Events Director, is an absolute wonder. Working with her was so smooth, her communication reliable and clear - we never felt any stress whatsoever in the whole process (which must be some kind of divine miracle, when do you ever hear about stress-free wedding planning??). We attribute that to Kendal and her unbelievable dedication. And we had a lot of requests - our family makes maple syrup, so we were hoping to incorporate that into the food, which they did with enthusiasm. Gracie's sister bakery Ellie's also supplied a number of desserts for our actual wedding the following day, specifically a Macaron tower with 3 custom flavors and 5 unique pies. Due to some last minute plan shifting on our end, some of our requests were made fairly late - but Kendal and Gracie's handled everything efficiently and joyfully.

And about that maple syrup - Chef Melissa wielded that stuff with complete magic! We just told her to do whatever she wanted with it, and what she came up with was not only delicious but it honored our hard work, and the syrup, with such expertise - it brought us to tears. The complexity of flavor that she was able to achieve was really something special.

We will 100% work with Gracie's and Ellie's again soon. Kendal and Chef Melissa and the entire team are doing it right, and we are so so thankful to have had all of them as a part of this incredible moment in our lives.

Profile Picture Randy, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We held my daughter's bridal shower at Gracie's and it was everything I hoped for an more. It's actually our favorite restaurant so we knew the food would be outstanding (Chef Matt is so talented), and the venue itself is charming. Kendal, the event manager is organized, enthusiastic and definitely loves her job. She walked us through everything painlessly and rearranged the seating several times to accommodate our needs. She has the patience of a saint and always a smile on her face. The staff was outstanding from the bar service to the wait staff. Our buffet meal was presented beautifully. They even took our table decorations and set them out for us. We felt relaxed through the day, and Kendal helped guide things along without any rush at all. I highly recommend Gracies!

Profile Picture Mary Ann, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Event Planning

Gracie's and the entire team was absolutely amazing! We hired them to cater an off-site rehearsal dinner. They set up everything, made the best food I've ever had at a rehearsal dinner or wedding, and cleaned up! Everything was super easy, and the staff couldn't have been friendlier or more professional to my guests. I am still hearing people rave about how great it was! I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!!!! Thank you Gracie's!!!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/3/17, 1 Review

AMAZING!!!! I can't say enough about Gracie's and their staff when it comes to weddings. We had our wedding reception at Gracie's over Labor Day weekend in 2017, and the planning process could not have been easier. Kendal and Bryan took such good care of me and now husband. No detail was left overlooked by the team, and the food was nothing short of spectacular. Guests continue to rave about the food! All in all- Gracie's and their entire team, made our night magical!

Profile Picture Marcela , 9/3/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Tastings, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Valet, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My wife and I had a small wedding at Gracie’s in August. It was absolutely beautiful, the food was amazing and they had no issue accommodating some last minute add on guests. I wouldn’t change a thing!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

Gracie's is one of our favorite restaurants in Providence, and decided to have our rehearsal dinner there. While our experiences at Gracie's have always been wonderful, working with Kendal to plan our dinner was the best experience was so easy, and she really helped us craft something special for our friends and family. Not only was everyone floored by the food, but warmth of the service and attention to detail was so far beyond what we could have expected. We'll always hold a special place in our hearts for Gracie's and their amazing team!

Profile Picture Alex, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Gracie's was a fantastic location for our Rehearsal Dinner Venue the night before our wedding! They accommodated all of our needs, and the private downstairs venue was perfect for dining and enough space for the little kids to run around too! The entire staff was fantastic and very helpful, and their simultaneous plate serving with such a large table was quite impressive!

Profile Picture Andrew, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We loved having our celebration at Gracie's! The service was top notch and the food was outstanding. Kendal is a pleasure to work with! The photographer, Jason was also very flexible and helpful!

Profile Picture Tamiel Sahu, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Indoor, Barware, China, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Event Planning

Gracie's was an amazing venue for our wedding. We held a very small event with 35 guests for both our ceremony and reception. Kendall and her team made sure every detail was taken care of and were extremely responsive to all questions. Working with Kendall was a dream, she is exceptional at her job! The food, ambiance, everything was perfect. I would recommend Gracie's to anyone.

Profile Picture Katie, 1/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

We had 44 guest and a DJ in the function room Dec 30 2016 and it was fabulous (venue/decorations/food/bar/service.) Kendal was excellent to work with and the entire Team at Gracie's was outstanding. If you have a smaller wedding/event Gracie's is perfect. Rick and Stephanie

Profile Picture User7628713, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

Gracie’s is one of our favorite restaurants in Providence, and it only seemed fitting that we hold our wedding reception there. Everything about the event was perfect from the pre-planning stages through the night of the event. The food at Gracie’s is phenomenal, and for our wedding it was no different. We decided on a cocktail reception with free-flowing food (some stations) and drinks. While we did not have enough physical seats/tables for all guests, one would not have noticed. We had about 140 people total and removed tables to make a dance floor in the middle of the restaurant. The staff at Gracie’s is top notch, and almost every guest commented on this aspect (as well as the food). The events coordinator, Kendal, was extremely responsive and helped to execute the vision described. The food was delicious, and the cocktails were great.

We can’t say enough great things about Gracie’s. From Kendal to chef Matt to all the servers, they were amazing. We can’t wait to hold another event there and neither can our friends (anniversary party perhaps?). Looking forward to many more celebrations to come at Gracie’s.

Profile Picture User7511369, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not be more pleased with our wedding at Gracie's! Our guests could not stop raving about how perfect our wedding was. This was all thanks to Kendal and the entire Gracies team that made our day one we will never forget.

When looking for a wedding venue we wanted someplace downtown, where we could focus our budget on food and alcohol. Gracie's absolutely fits the bill if those are your priorities. We had 70 guests and 7 kids at our wedding and the space was perfect. Plenty of room for dancing, drinking, dinner, toasts etc. I highly highly highly recommend Gracies!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/18/16, 1 Review