Gracie's Reviews

Gracie's 6
Gracie's 7

Laura Russillo · Married on 08/11/2019

Beautiful Brunch Wedding at Gracie's

Our wedding at Gracies was an absolute dream. Our vision was brought to life by the incredible team at Gracies, from the planning to the execution and the divine meal. My husband and I had a simple wedding goal; to eat really delicious food with our closest family and friends, and we did just that at Gracies. Kendal was outstanding with planning every step, and helping to accommodate changes to the plans and problem solved where I needed!
    The meal and service was as expected, top tier. The team worked to piece together a beautiful backdrop to our brunch. Every detail about the day was perfect!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Susan

Susan Hanoian · Married on 07/12/2019

Wonderful Bridal Shower

It was a wonderful experience to work with Kendal, Jessie, and the whole kitchen and staff at Gracie's to create a beautiful day for my daughter's bridal shower. From the moment I contacted Kendal, it was a pleasure to plan this special day. The menu, décor, and favors....every detail was thought out perfectly and any special requests were handled perfectly with a smile. When we walked into Gracie's that morning, the room was so cozy and inviting...it gave me goosebumps. Everything was just so pretty and perfect and just what I had imagined. And the chefs prepared the most delicious food for their awesome staff to serve. My guests are still talking about the amazing presentation and service by the staff. I am so thankful for this wonderful memory that my daughter and I will share. Thank you Gracie's!

Sent on 10/13/2019
    Gracie's 8

Greta · Married on 06/23/2019

Best Day Ever

We had our wedding (ceremony & reception) at Gracie's in the main restaurant (not the smaller private dining space downstairs). From the moment we first contacted Kendal, the event coordinator, we knew we were in good hands. She's a phenomenal communicator and was expert in helping us to realize our vision for the day. Every aspect of the planning process was stress-free and the event itself was flawless. Our 75 guests were absolutely in love with the food, the decor, the friendliness of the staff-- everything! And the cake!! Oh my, the cake that Ellie's bakery made for us was a dream! We're truly over the moon with how spectacular the day was. Thank you, Gracie's team!

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect wedding location

I don’t even know where to begin! My husband and I got married at Gracie’s this past Saturday and it was perfection thanks to Kendal and her team!!!! From our first interaction via email I knew it was going to be amazing. We instantly fell in love with the intimate private dining room, fell in love even more after our tasting, and then fell head over heels the night of our wedding. The setup, decor, and ambiance was more than I ever imagined...I walked in and got teary-eyed because it was so magical. All of our guests raved about the service, food, and drinks!!! I cannot recommend Gracie’s enough!!!!

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Gracie's 9
    Gracie's 10
    Gracie's 11
    Gracie's 12
    Gracie's 13
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 06/08/2019

Great experience at Gracie's for our wedding rehearsal dinner

Gracie's and Kendal in particular (the Catering & Events Director), was wonderful in helping my husband and I plan the rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding. They really went above and beyond by creating a custom menu for us. It was fully vegan, and largely soy and gluten free 3-course menu. We had about 50 guests (vegans and non-vegans alike) and everyone was commenting on the delicious meal and irresistible desserts. The food was local, fresh, and creative. Kendal also helped us navigate every detail of the event including customized meal/place cards and arranging to play the music we picked. My husband and I couldn't be happier with our experience with Gracie's and highly recommend them. I think it would be a great idea if Gracie's incorporated and advertised their capabilities for a full vegan menu as a way to draw additional business. I will certainly book another event there when it comes up :) Thank you!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Matthew

Matthew Harvey · Married on 06/02/2019

A perfect wedding reception

Gracie's is, hands down, our favorite restaurant in Providence, in terms of food, service, and atmosphere. So, our expectations were high around our wedding. They absolutely exceeded our expectations in every way.

Kendal and her team were incredibly helpful every step of the way, from brainstorming about the use of the space, to recommending other vendors, to keeping things moving smoothly on the night of the event.

We held our dinner and dancing in the main upstairs restaurant space, and it was simply beautiful. We actually used the downstairs private dining room as a separate space for the large-ish number of kids (nieces, nephews, etc) that we invited, and Gracie's pulled together a great kids menu for them. We got to use the wine room as a little sanctuary space to get some quiet when we needed it.

The food was spectacular across the board. It was tasted amazing, and looked beautiful. Our photos look wonderful. We couldn't been happier.

Sent on 09/10/2019
    Gracie's 19
  • Becky

Becky Ravenelle · Married on 04/28/2019

Amazing Reception!

My husband and I chose Gracie's for our mid-size wedding reception last month (73 guests). From start to finish the experience was amazing! Kendal was very responsive to all of our questions via email from the get go- this was very important for us because we live in NYC and couldn't easily do a face to face meeting. She was also very upfront with costs including tax and tip from our first inquiry, this is not always the case when looking at other locations. Our entire reception took place on the top (street level) floor of the restaurant with enough room for a small DJ setup and a dance floor. Gracie's is already elegantly decorated so we only purchased table numbers and some small green plants for the tables and the place looked beautiful. Everyone was especially impressed with the food. My husband and I had actually never eaten at the restaurant prior to our tasting, but given Gracie's reputation we knew we wouldn't be disappointed. The food here is EXCELLENT. The sentence "you could cut the filet with a fork" was used by several family members. They even had vegan options for myself and other guests which were thoughtful and delicious. Staff members paid particular attention to guests that have food allergies and were incredibly warm and accommodating to everyone. Overall just incredible service. Other special touches throughout dinner included palate cleansers which were a welcome surprise to everyone.

Although the reception took place on the upper floor, during cocktail hour my husband and I used the wine cellar room for our own private cocktail hour. I am really glad Kendal suggested this area for us because it allowed us to unwind and have some alone time prior to joining our guests. Upon our arrival the room was already prepared with an array of hors d'oeuvres and a meze sampling for us and Kendal quickly grabbed our cocktails before leaving us in private. We also signed our marriage license in this space prior to entering the reception.
    Once we entered the reception I didn't have to worry about a thing. Kendal and her staff ensured everyone and everything was taken care of. After the reception I noticed Kendal had left us a note and small gift which is a wonderful touch. Overall, my husband and I are very happy we chose Gracie's for our wedding. We were able to stay within budget while giving our guests an experience that exceeded all expectations. (Seriously, your guests will think you spent far more on your wedding than you actually did!)

Sent on 05/15/2019

Deanna Power · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing Experience At Gracie's!

We were looking for a venue for our micro-wedding party (7 people) after the ceremony. Gracie's had a private "wine room" which was the PERFECT size for our group. We booked the room (for free!!) and opted for the 7-course tasting menu, which all in all took about 3 hours. Everything from the room decor to the service to the food was divine. I worked with Kendal who is truly a master event planner. Every time I had a question, she immediately replied and was very helpful. I wanted a wedding cake and Gracie's requires you to buy a cake with their sister store, Ellie's bakery. While I was initially disappointed by this requirement I was BLOWN AWAY by how good the cake from Ellie's was and how stunning it was when we saw it. I had a single-tier carrot cake and asked for the decorations to be something similar to what was displayed on their instagram a swirled frosting with chocolate shards and macarons on top. I was shocked by how beautiful our little wedding cake was when we arrived. They even set up the cake to be sliced by us initially so my husband and I could have our "cake cutting" ceremony. When we left we were given a sweet note/gift by Kendal and the Gracie's team. Everything from start to finish was absolutely amazing.

Sent on 03/25/2019

Colleen · Married on 12/14/2018

Rehearsal Dinner

In mid December, we had our Rehearsal Dinner of 50 people downstairs at Gracies. The venue, the food, and the staff were outstanding! People loved it and really loved the food. The food really is of 5 star quality! The menu offered many choices (people went nuts over the duck), the bellinis were very tasty and the Christmas decorations were a nice touch. Kendal is great to work with--she is very professional, experienced and a very nice person! I really enjoyed working with her and she had terrific ideas in order to make the dinner very special. Gracies is a very special venue that you will love. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Margaret · Married on 12/08/2018

Beautiful setting, amazing food, incredible hospitality

My husband and I are so lucky we found Gracie's in our search for a wedding reception venue - the entire experience, from initial inquiry all the way through the night itself, just could not have been better. First of all, the on site events manager, Kendal, was not only incredibly detailed and thorough, but also so friendly and approachable - she and Jessie, the events assistant, made the planning process go so smoothly that we truly felt completely ready and relaxed as the countdown to the wedding day reached 0.

The reception itself was absolutely spectacular thanks to Kendal and the entire Gracie's event staff (including those at their sister bakery, Ellie's, which made our delicious cake) - not only did my husband and I enjoy every minute of it, but we're still hearing from our guests about how much they loved the food (delicious and full of unique touches), the atmosphere (so cozy, especially with their Christmas decorations - we didn't buy any floral arrangements because the space itself is beautiful as is), and the hospitality (top notch - the servers and all the staff were friendly, professional, and thoughtful, and managed to make everyone feel both at home and completely taken care of).

I can't recommend Gracie's enough!

Sent on 01/06/2019
  • Michaela

Michaela · Married on 11/11/2018

Kendal and the team at Gracie's is AMAZING!

WOW! We cannot say more positive things about working with Kendal and the team at Gracie's. First off, Kendal is so amazing to work with. She is so genuine, kind, thoughtful, and easy going which made the planning process so stress free and simple. She is made for this job! While most people dread the planning process, my now husband and I really enjoyed it and I believe it was because Kendal made it really enjoyable for us. While planning, Kendal responded very timely too all our questions and tended to all our needs. She was also very mindful of our budget and made sure to stick to it throughout the process which we very much appreciated. Also during the wedding, her and the assistant coordinator, Jessie, were there every step of the day. I had not seen the main dining room space until I walked into the dining room for my ceremony, and had no doubts that everything would be where it needed to be and I was right, it looked incredible.

As far as the space itself, Gracie's is a beautiful venue for a smaller wedding. We had around 82 guests and the space definitely felt full, but comfortable. We also decided to have our ceremony in the main dining room, and while it was tight (Which we were given a head's up about), it was intimate and I couldn't imagine having it any other way. We had so many positive comments from our guests about how intimate and cozy it felt. After our ceremony for the cocktail hour, Kendal and the staff set us up in the wine room in the downstairs part of the restaurant with a platter of the hors d'oeuvres and a bottle of prosecco. It was a great breather for myself, husband, our parents, best man and maid of honor to sit, drink, and eat before continuing on with the night. It also gave us the space to sign our marriage license with our friend who married us, and to enjoy the first moments to celebrate being husband and wife!

Next to the wine room, is another private dining room that is bigger than the wine room, but a big enough space to fit some high top tables and our open air photo booth. There is a bar in there as well which was setup with a water station for our guests. The main dining room is also a great color for any florals and colors you decide to have. We went with whites, golds, and greens, and our greenery and florals looked amazing in the space. Gracie's used their candles which are a mix of clear, white, and gold placed throughout our centerpieces, garland, on the tables, and around the restaurant which made the space feel cozy and warm. Our DJ had a perfect spot set up in their private booth at the front of the restaurant, and our dance floor felt huge! We had 2 long tables set up for dinner, and were taken away once dinner was over. The tables were out of the spacec before I realized it and it was a great open space for dancing. There was still plenty of seating in the bar, downstairs in their private dining room, and on the outside perimeter of the main dining room for non dancers.

The staff at Gracie's was so amazing and accommodating and the food is indescribable. One thing my husband and I wanted for our guests was great food and Gracie's delivers that effortlessly. Every dish was prepared and plated so elegantly and looked beautiful. Our guests really loved the palate cleansers that were served before both 1st and 2nd course, and raved about our mini donuts that were placed on the bar for the taking, as well as macarons! Kendal even brought my husband and I a plate of the donuts to us so we wouldn't miss out on trying each kind! We also had a cutting cake which was not passed out to our guests, but for us to enjoy while cutting and save for our 1 year anniversary. It was a pretty large cake for a cutting cake, so my immediate family was also able to enjoy some of it while we were away on our honeymoon.

If you're looking for a small, intimate wedding that does not break the bank, we totally recommend Gracie's as your venue! We cannot thank Gracie's enough for making our wedding day literally the best day ever!

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/20/2018

The Best Wedding Venue!

I don't even know where to begin. Gracie's was filled with the most responsive, detail oriented, kind, supportive and flexible staff imaginable. As a pretty low key (read disorganized) bride they made my wedding happen. It was gorgeous, fun, so professional, VERY delicious and beautiful. Kendal helped me every step of the way through wedding planning and answered all of my silly questions with such enthusiasm. From the first meeting to being there the night of my wedding Kendal and the staff were phenomenal to work with. The process of planning a wedding could not have been easier with Gracie's and they ensured the whole day ran smoothly. My guests were raving about the food, including my father who was a chef, and everyone was so full and well fed with quality tasty food the entire night. They accommodated several of my guests with food allergies and picky eaters. The staff was understanding and knowledgable about all of the allergens and ingredients of the food. The bread there made me tear up it was so good. The prices were comparable to other wedding venues which was a pleasant surprise for an upscale restaurant. They also had the most flexible open bar options to choose from. They saved us hor d'oeuvres to have when we arrived on our wedding day along with our preferred drinks, and they left small treats for my guests in their cars. They had the menus customized with our names, and guests were able to choose their meals the night of. There were so many more details they did to make our day perfect. You will not be disappointed with how above and beyond this gem of a wedding venue goes for all couples getting married!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Kim · Married on 09/28/2018

My daughter decide to have a small, intimate wedding that would be with her closest family and the best food possible in the area and Gracie's didn't disappoint us. It was perfect. We had a private room with delicious food and exceptional service. My family and I have had the pleasure of dinning at Gracie's before but my daughter's in laws had not and they loved it. I heard "this is the best meal I've ever had from her mother in law." It was nice to be able to share the experience with them. We loved working with Kendal the Event Director and I couldn't have asked for a better person than Jess, that over saw the whole night. We didn't have to worry about anything, she's a pro and a joy to be around. We couldn't be happier with how wonderful the night was.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Amy · Married on 09/22/2018

We wanted a small intimate dinner for our wedding and Gracie's was perfect. Kendall was just the best and easiest to work with for all the planning. The room was perfect and had its own bar and great atmosphere. Jessie and all the staff that evening were so awesome and attentive. The food was of course so amazing and everyone still talks about how great it was. We wanted an evening of great friends, food, drinks and love and Gracie's was perfect. I would recommend to everyone and we look forward to going back for anniversary dinners.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Cassandra · Married on 09/15/2018

My now husband and I had our brunch wedding reception here on September 15th, 2018. From the moment we stepped foot into Gracie’s it was love at first site. Then, we met Kendall and it sealed the deal! Kendal, Gracie’s and all the staff are the most warm, pleasant and amazing people you will ever meet. The times we had to meet Kendal at Gracie’s to go over things for our special day, we felt like we were visiting family! All staff from the valet to the waiters new us by our first names. What amazed us the most was when they mentioned our wedding day! Each and every staff member goes above and beyond no matter what the situation is! The food was absolutely out of this world, the guests are still talking about how they have never tasted anything so great especially for it being wedding food! The cake from Ellie’s their sister bakery was to die for, with my husband being a desert fanatic he loved it as did myself and all of our guests. We cannot say enough about how amazing everything was from the food to the service. We are truly grateful for all that Gracie’s and the staff has done to make our day one for the books! We cannot wait to go back for our anniversaries and just to say hello! We can genuinely say we love you guys and we thank you! Mr. and Mrs. Harold Clark :)

Sent on 09/20/2018
  • napawedding2018

Chris · Married on 09/08/2018

Everything you've come to expect and more!

Before we even picked a venue, we knew we wanted Gracie’s to be a part of the wedding. We had one of our most memorable dates there and it’s always been a favorite restaurant spot of ours. Kendal is a saint, we probably emailed back and forth 25+ times, with our plans ever shifting, before we settled on having Gracie’s cater our wedding.

Kendal and the team at Gracie’s are nothing short of amazing. We met multiple times leading up to the wedding: introductory meeting / dinner, walking through the venue with Kendal and Ellen, and creating the menu with Chef Matt and Chef Melissa. We knew we wanted a more interactive party, so we had passed apps and food stations throughout the night. Here’s a small selection: artisan cheese & charcuterie, braised pork belly & lobster salad profiteroles hors d’oeurves, gnocchi & street taco station, and 3 different kinds of plattered macarons.

On top of catering, Kendal acted as our wedding coordinator, ensuring that the whole night went according to plan. We couldn’t have asked for a better night. Huge thanks to Kendal and the Gracie’s team! We would absolutely recommend Gracie’s for catering your next event only if you value delicious food and 5 star service.

Photos by Amanda Morgan

Gracie's 29
    Gracie's 30
    Gracie's 31

Christina · Married on 09/02/2018

We challenged Gracie's & Ellie's with an offsite reception at our family's home on Block Island, over Labor Day weekend nonetheless. Did they pull it off? You bet! When it all came together it truly felt like magic. From the service, signature cocktails, the perfect plating of the entrees, late night snacks, the building of our macaron tower, and the brunch the next day....it was hard to find a request that they would say no to and that wasn't perfectly executed. It was a dream for us to have our favorite Providence restaurant cater out on the island and showcase the best of the Rhode Island culinary arts. Many of our guests are still talking about the food at the reception as the best wedding food they've ever had. They're not wrong! We would recommend Gracie's & Ellie's to anyone looking to create an enchanting experience while working with some of the top professionals in the business. Special thanks to Events Director, Kendal Fitzsimmons who kept track of every detail and kept us sane!

Sent on 09/27/2018
    Gracie's 37
    Gracie's 38
    Gracie's 39

Biz · Married on 06/30/2018

We knew when we started planning our RI summer backyard wedding from our home in California that it would be a challenge - 130 guests, weather risks, and the long distance communication all seemed daunting. But from our first email exchange with Kendal, we breathed a huge sigh of relief. Kendal, a natural communicator and organizer, never lets any detail slip through the cracks. She gave us space when we needed to think, and was right there when we needed help executing a decision. She helped us keep track of vendors and payments, chimed in with seasoned advice when we needed direction, and never let us forget how exciting it is to have a wedding.

Kendal, Ellen and the Gracie’s team carried this same philosophy through the week of the wedding. They came to our house multiple times to check deliveries and be a part of the rehearsal. Because of their efforts, our ceremony went off without a hitch.

Then, the food! The servers expertly managed the pace of our family-style meal. They were at the same time ultra professional and down to earth. They were there when we needed them, truly reading our minds and setting a natural flow of the event. The food was out of this world - and I know, because the servers and Kendal made a huge effort to make sure my husband and I ate! Plus, Chef Matt created a special vegetarian gnocchi with all my favorite vegetables!

After dinner and dancing, we headed to the backyard for dessert and entered into the “heaven on earth” portion of the evening. Thanks to Gracie’s, the yard was lit up like a midsummer night’s dream. The homemade marshmallow s’mores around our fire pit tasted like pure joy. My brothers ate the leftovers for breakfast!

We recommend Gracie’s to anyone who wants a truly special event to remember: intimate, elegant, creative, personal and fun. Gracie’s has a special place in our heart and we hope to celebrate many anniversaries there for years to come!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Raymon · Married on 06/17/2018

We've always dined at Gracie's for special occasions (Valentine's, anniversaries), but they did an amazing job with our rehearsal dinner as well! Kendal is absolutely the best when it comes to communication. She responded to every question I had (I am overtly paranoid with every detail) and ensured things would run smoothly. The complimentary tasting is exactly as we expected, just as amazing as it is to dine there for any other occasion.

The night of the rehearsal dinner was gay pride and a parade was scheduled to pass by the restaurant, but Kendal coordinated with the valet to ensure that we'll be able to make it in without a problem. We really appreciated her responsiveness, as we were nervous the parade would block us out.

The dinner itself was fabulous. The decor was simple yet had a nice ambience. The wait staff were very friendly, courteous, and professional, and catered to our every needs to make sure everyone had a wonderful evening. They always made sure that we (bride and groom) were doing ok, and checking in periodically throughout the night, which was very reassuring.

Overall, Gracie's never disappoints, and will always be our restaurant to return to for special occasions. Their quality in food and service, from the wait staff to the valet, are unmatched and maintain that quality through their wedding events.

Sent on 08/13/2018
    Gracie's 46
    Gracie's 47
    Gracie's 48

Ash · Married on 06/02/2018

We selected Gracie’s for our wedding rehearsal. Leading up to the event, our communication with Kendal was like talking to a friend about planning our event. She was responsive, accommodating to our requests, and so pleasant to work with! The night of the event the food, service, and ambiance all came together beautifully. We cannot wait to come back and enjoy Gracie’s as a married couple!

Sent on 06/09/2018

Lori · Married on 05/26/2018

A wedding, bridal shower or engagement party is meant to be special and memorable. This is what you get at Gracie's and so much more! On April 14, we celebrated my daughter's bridal shower at Gracie's and it was AMAZING! The food, the service and ambiance are exceptional and your guests will relax and truly enjoy themselves. I have received numerous messages from our guests saying that it was, by far, the best shower they have ever attended and that the food was phenomenal. I can't stop raving about the food, presentation and service!

Kendal is a pro at planning and anticipating your needs, and is so enjoyable to work with. Gracie's will do everything they can to accommodate your needs and wishes and make your dreams come true. They went above and beyond to make this a beautiful, magical day that we will always treasure!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Christie · Married on 05/19/2018

Kendal and Janna and the whole team at Gracie’s made our wedding a wonderful experience! Everything was perfect: food, service, attentiveness, ambience. Our guests were over the moon by how delicious everything was! Wonderful memories were created, and we thank everyone for making it such a special night!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Jyl · Married on 04/14/2018

My family just hosted a wonderful rehearsal dinner at Gracie's this past week. We had about 35 guests and a short time line to get our dinner in, and Gracie's was so quick to serve, clear, and make our guests comfortable.
    We hosted a buffet dinner, and the quality was amazing.
    The bartenders and staff were so friendly and willing to do anything for guests. Without a doubt, I would recommend them to anyone looking for a private room for a great dinner! The wedding was right across the street at the Library.

Sent on 04/16/2018

Alejandra · Married on 04/07/2018

My wedding was held at Gracie's on March 7th. Everything was on point, and even exceeded my expectations! From Kendall's attentiveness and her DJ recommendation, to the quality of the food and the excellent service from all the staff, up to last minute accommodations, I loved everything! Our guests raved about the food and the place. We had so much fun and really enjoyed our wedding - it truly was everything we wished for! Thank you, Gracie's!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 03/31/2018

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Gracie’s 7/21/18. It was everything we had hoped for. Kendal the Events Director met all our needs and then some! The venue was beautiful, the wait staff fantastic and the food AMAZING! We are still receiveing positive comments from our guests. Do not pass Gracie’s by. Take a look you will not be sorry. Beth&Chas

Sent on 09/03/2018