Gracie's Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Erin K. Getting married on 10/30/2021

Top Notch Service

Due to covid we ended up deciding to do a smaller ceremony and dinner with a few friends in order to keep our original wedding date. I knew there was nowhere else to consider besides Gracie's for this! We had our ceremony at Hotel Providence then walked over to the restaurant for dinner. Kendal was incredibly responsive and made the process easy and seamless to put the dinner together. In a time where everything was so up in the air and felt like things could fall apart at any minute, I can't say how much I appreciated Kendal being knowledgeable on what we were able to do to keep everyone safe (on both ends). I knew from previous experiences that we had nothing to worry about in this coming together perfectly but during such uncertain times it was even more appreciated. The service was top notch and the food was out of this world. We added the wine pairing to our dinner and it made things even more incredible. Our server had stories about each of the wines that we received with each course and we really enjoyed listening to her talk about them. Some of our guests hadn't been out to eat since the beginning of the pandemic and were completely at ease the entire time. Gracie's has the reputation that it does for a reason and I can't recommend them enough!
  • Suzanne
    Suzanne Married on 07/31/2021

Excellent Intimate Wedding Venue

We held our intimate 9-person wedding in Gracie’s private event space and it came together better than imagined. It served as an all-inclusive space for us to hold our ceremony and reception. The space itself was beautiful and accommodated setting up decorations we brought in to make the space our own.

Our priorities for our wedding celebration venue were good food, a private space, and service, so we wouldn’t need to work on our wedding day. Gracie’s checked all of the boxes and then went above and beyond.

Kendal was great to work with throughout the planning process. Her emails and questionnaire were straight forward, which made wedding planning stress free. The service during the event by all staff was impeccable.

We are not local, so we never had the pleasure of dining at Gracie’s before our event. However, the meal was amazing and an experience. All of our guests agreed that it was a top 3 meal of their lifetime. I am still dreaming of the panna cotta that was included in our trio of desserts. I guarantee we will be back.

I’m confident that Gracie’s is a great choice for all events, but can not recommend it enough, if you are looking for a wedding venue for a small guest list.
    Liz K. Married on 06/12/2021

Can't wait for my other kids to get married!!!

We couldn't have been happier with our rehearsal dinner. EVERYTHING was perfect. Beyond perfect. The space was beautifully and tastefully decorated. All we added was a welcome sign, a simple seating chart and some table numbers. It was everything we dreamed of, and more. The food was even more outstanding...the appetizers, entrees, desserts. The presentation! Each was 5 star, and the guests went on and on about how wonderful it was.
    I know these are unprecedented times, and I thank you all for making us all feel so welcomed. Gracie's has an outstanding staff, Service was above and beyond at every turn.
    Great job Kendal!!! I can't wait for my other 3 kids to get married so we can do it all again at Gracies!!!
  • Adamaris
    Adamaris M. Married on 05/09/2021

Phenomenal

First off this is not for a wedding, it was a confirmation event but because I want everyone to know how wonderfully amazing this place is I created an account here just to say so. Kendal excellent. Front desk excellent. Bar attendant excellent. Waiter excellent. I would like to take the time to express how truly impressed and grateful I am of how the four persons I encountered demonstrated exceptional customer service. The place was beautifully prepared with no hassle. My spirits were lifted once I enter the building and for that I’m so grateful. 😍
  • Amelia
    Amelia J. Married on 06/26/2020

Spectacular!

My daughter's wedding was held at Gracie's this past weekend and it was beyond our expectations! Gracie's has been a favorite of my daughter and son-in-law, who are foodies. They wanted a culinary experience and it was truly amazing from the specialty cocktails, to the overflowing raw bar and yummy appetizers to the amuse bouche and sorbet intermezzo! We offered to our guests several courses, which included choices of salads, choices of pasta and entrees that included duck, halibut and filet mignon. And we ended with a desert bar that was to die for! Kendal Fitzsimmons, Gracie's Event Director attended to every detail. Each and every guest not only experienced a gourmet meal but at the end of the evening said that they had never been to a more fantastic wedding! Thank you Gracie's!
  • F
    Francesca J. Married on 06/26/2020

If you want a perfect wedding, have it at Gracie's!

Gracie's has been one of my favorite restaurants in Providence. As soon as I realized they did weddings I knew my special day would be with them. From the first meeting with Kendal, I knew we were in good hands. Kendal is absolutely fantastic. She is energetic, excited, creative, responsive and the perfect person to work with for planning a special day. Kendal and her team really transformed the restaurant into a beautiful venue. She recommended vendors to ensure they were familiar with their space, worked closely with the chef to tailor our foodie menu to fit our wildest dreams, and we even spent time with their mixologists to create the perfect cocktails. Gracie's is connected with Ellie's, so your wedding cake can be ordered and created with Kendal as well, and you certainly wont be disappointed!!! Our food from cocktail hour to desserts were phenomenal. Months later we are still hearing how delicious our food was and have been told its the best wedding meal they've ever had! I really enjoyed the process from start to finish. I also wanted to note they were extremely flexible with COVID adjustments. We had to postpone, reimagine, and change things a few time but the day was still everything we dreamed of and more!
    Court Married on 11/16/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Start to finish Gracies was amazing. All members of the team were professional, kind, and respectful. Kendal the event planner was better than we could have asked for and a big part of the reason we chose Gracies. She rolled with all of our changes and helped every step of the way. I have several severe allergies and the kitchen staff and head chef made it so I could eat any of the food offered at the wedding. All throughout the night the waitstaff was attentive and very responsive. The bartenders were amazing and provided fast service. I would absolutely have another event at Gracies, the food, drinks, ambiance and staff were amazing!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 10/11/2019

A Dream Venue

Hmmm.. Where to start. My husband and I were married Sunday Nov 10, 2019. Our reception was at Gracie's restaurant and we had 83 guests attend. First off - Gracie's event coordinator, Kendal, was the reason wedding planning never became a burden. She honestly handled EVERYTHING. Any questions we had throughout the planning process were answered promptly. A few weeks before our event we changed a few pieces of our menu.. Kendal had it under control. I was worried that the space would feel very cramped but there was more than enough room. Guests were up on their feet dancing as soon as our dinner service ended. Now the restaurant staff - they went above and beyond. From the bartenders to the waitstaff, to the amazing chef and kitchen staff. When we arrived, we were able to steal a few minutes alone in the wine cellar where Kendal had glasses of champagne waiting for us. We did not join our cocktail hour so Kendal had a tray of hors d'oeuvres waiting for us at our table. Our guests raved about the food, drinks and service. No word of a lie, we were receiving calls all day Monday about the amazing food. I cannot recommend this venue enough.
  • Laura
    Laura B. Married on 10/05/2019

Everything we wanted and more!

My husband and I wanted a fun wedding reception to follow our ceremony at the nearby Providence Athenaeum. We wanted a non-sit down dinner with lots of drinks and dancing and Gracie's--thanks to Kendal--delivered that and more.

First, about Kendal, the on-site event coordinator. She was an absolute dream to work with, especially since my husband and I live and work in NYC with somewhat difficult work schedules. While I grew up in RI and already loved Gracie's, she made the decision easier and we picked Gracie's the first weekend we started looking at venues.

Second, the experience. We wanted a fun reception for our mostly out-of-town (and even out-of-country) guests with great food and drinks that wouldn't stop flowing. They worked with us to have an awesome list of a mix of passed appetizers and other foods (and a gnocchi bar). My personal favorite was that, being from RI, the chef was able to make a "stuffie station."

I also have celiac disease and felt very comfortable with the staff and prep that I wouldn't get sick. They also handled a handful of other dietary needs with ease (again, shout out for that awesome "stuffie station" with gluten free ones for me).

I cannot stress enough how much I personally did not and do not care about linens and other decorating details. Gracie's handled that all and the venue just looked gorgeous.

We also had about 115 guests overall, which seems like a lot, but the main floor worked perfectly for the dance party wedding atmosphere we were going for.

Thank you again to to Kendal and the entire staff at Gracie's for such an amazing experience. I cannot speak highly enough of this amazing restaurant and can't wait to stop by next time we're in Providence.
    Laura R. Married on 08/11/2019

Beautiful Brunch Wedding at Gracie's

Our wedding at Gracies was an absolute dream. Our vision was brought to life by the incredible team at Gracies, from the planning to the execution and the divine meal. My husband and I had a simple wedding goal; to eat really delicious food with our closest family and friends, and we did just that at Gracies. Kendal was outstanding with planning every step, and helping to accommodate changes to the plans and problem solved where I needed!
    The meal and service was as expected, top tier. The team worked to piece together a beautiful backdrop to our brunch. Every detail about the day was perfect!
  • Susan
    Susan H. Married on 07/12/2019

Wonderful Bridal Shower

It was a wonderful experience to work with Kendal, Jessie, and the whole kitchen and staff at Gracie's to create a beautiful day for my daughter's bridal shower. From the moment I contacted Kendal, it was a pleasure to plan this special day. The menu, décor, and favors....every detail was thought out perfectly and any special requests were handled perfectly with a smile. When we walked into Gracie's that morning, the room was so cozy and inviting...it gave me goosebumps. Everything was just so pretty and perfect and just what I had imagined. And the chefs prepared the most delicious food for their awesome staff to serve. My guests are still talking about the amazing presentation and service by the staff. I am so thankful for this wonderful memory that my daughter and I will share. Thank you Gracie's!
    Greta Married on 06/23/2019

Best Day Ever

We had our wedding (ceremony & reception) at Gracie's in the main restaurant (not the smaller private dining space downstairs). From the moment we first contacted Kendal, the event coordinator, we knew we were in good hands. She's a phenomenal communicator and was expert in helping us to realize our vision for the day. Every aspect of the planning process was stress-free and the event itself was flawless. Our 75 guests were absolutely in love with the food, the decor, the friendliness of the staff-- everything! And the cake!! Oh my, the cake that Ellie's bakery made for us was a dream! We're truly over the moon with how spectacular the day was. Thank you, Gracie's team!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect wedding location

I don’t even know where to begin! My husband and I got married at Gracie’s this past Saturday and it was perfection thanks to Kendal and her team!!!! From our first interaction via email I knew it was going to be amazing. We instantly fell in love with the intimate private dining room, fell in love even more after our tasting, and then fell head over heels the night of our wedding. The setup, decor, and ambiance was more than I ever imagined...I walked in and got teary-eyed because it was so magical. All of our guests raved about the service, food, and drinks!!! I cannot recommend Gracie’s enough!!!!
  • Heather
    Heather Married on 06/08/2019

Great experience at Gracie's for our wedding rehearsal dinner

Gracie's and Kendal in particular (the Catering & Events Director), was wonderful in helping my husband and I plan the rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding. They really went above and beyond by creating a custom menu for us. It was fully vegan, and largely soy and gluten free 3-course menu. We had about 50 guests (vegans and non-vegans alike) and everyone was commenting on the delicious meal and irresistible desserts. The food was local, fresh, and creative. Kendal also helped us navigate every detail of the event including customized meal/place cards and arranging to play the music we picked. My husband and I couldn't be happier with our experience with Gracie's and highly recommend them. I think it would be a great idea if Gracie's incorporated and advertised their capabilities for a full vegan menu as a way to draw additional business. I will certainly book another event there when it comes up :) Thank you!
  • Matthew
    Matthew H. Married on 06/02/2019

A perfect wedding reception

Gracie's is, hands down, our favorite restaurant in Providence, in terms of food, service, and atmosphere. So, our expectations were high around our wedding. They absolutely exceeded our expectations in every way.

Kendal and her team were incredibly helpful every step of the way, from brainstorming about the use of the space, to recommending other vendors, to keeping things moving smoothly on the night of the event.

We held our dinner and dancing in the main upstairs restaurant space, and it was simply beautiful. We actually used the downstairs private dining room as a separate space for the large-ish number of kids (nieces, nephews, etc) that we invited, and Gracie's pulled together a great kids menu for them. We got to use the wine room as a little sanctuary space to get some quiet when we needed it.

The food was spectacular across the board. It was tasted amazing, and looked beautiful. Our photos look wonderful. We couldn't been happier.
  • Becky
    Becky R. Married on 04/28/2019

Amazing Reception!

My husband and I chose Gracie's for our mid-size wedding reception last month (73 guests). From start to finish the experience was amazing! Kendal was very responsive to all of our questions via email from the get go- this was very important for us because we live in NYC and couldn't easily do a face to face meeting. She was also very upfront with costs including tax and tip from our first inquiry, this is not always the case when looking at other locations. Our entire reception took place on the top (street level) floor of the restaurant with enough room for a small DJ setup and a dance floor. Gracie's is already elegantly decorated so we only purchased table numbers and some small green plants for the tables and the place looked beautiful. Everyone was especially impressed with the food. My husband and I had actually never eaten at the restaurant prior to our tasting, but given Gracie's reputation we knew we wouldn't be disappointed. The food here is EXCELLENT. The sentence "you could cut the filet with a fork" was used by several family members. They even had vegan options for myself and other guests which were thoughtful and delicious. Staff members paid particular attention to guests that have food allergies and were incredibly warm and accommodating to everyone. Overall just incredible service. Other special touches throughout dinner included palate cleansers which were a welcome surprise to everyone.

Although the reception took place on the upper floor, during cocktail hour my husband and I used the wine cellar room for our own private cocktail hour. I am really glad Kendal suggested this area for us because it allowed us to unwind and have some alone time prior to joining our guests. Upon our arrival the room was already prepared with an array of hors d'oeuvres and a meze sampling for us and Kendal quickly grabbed our cocktails before leaving us in private. We also signed our marriage license in this space prior to entering the reception.
    Once we entered the reception I didn't have to worry about a thing. Kendal and her staff ensured everyone and everything was taken care of. After the reception I noticed Kendal had left us a note and small gift which is a wonderful touch. Overall, my husband and I are very happy we chose Gracie's for our wedding. We were able to stay within budget while giving our guests an experience that exceeded all expectations. (Seriously, your guests will think you spent far more on your wedding than you actually did!)
    Deanna P. Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing Experience At Gracie's!

We were looking for a venue for our micro-wedding party (7 people) after the ceremony. Gracie's had a private "wine room" which was the PERFECT size for our group. We booked the room (for free!!) and opted for the 7-course tasting menu, which all in all took about 3 hours. Everything from the room decor to the service to the food was divine. I worked with Kendal who is truly a master event planner. Every time I had a question, she immediately replied and was very helpful. I wanted a wedding cake and Gracie's requires you to buy a cake with their sister store, Ellie's bakery. While I was initially disappointed by this requirement I was BLOWN AWAY by how good the cake from Ellie's was and how stunning it was when we saw it. I had a single-tier carrot cake and asked for the decorations to be something similar to what was displayed on their instagram a swirled frosting with chocolate shards and macarons on top. I was shocked by how beautiful our little wedding cake was when we arrived. They even set up the cake to be sliced by us initially so my husband and I could have our "cake cutting" ceremony. When we left we were given a sweet note/gift by Kendal and the Gracie's team. Everything from start to finish was absolutely amazing.
    Colleen Married on 12/14/2018

Rehearsal Dinner

In mid December, we had our Rehearsal Dinner of 50 people downstairs at Gracies. The venue, the food, and the staff were outstanding! People loved it and really loved the food. The food really is of 5 star quality! The menu offered many choices (people went nuts over the duck), the bellinis were very tasty and the Christmas decorations were a nice touch. Kendal is great to work with--she is very professional, experienced and a very nice person! I really enjoyed working with her and she had terrific ideas in order to make the dinner very special. Gracies is a very special venue that you will love. I highly recommend this venue.
    Margaret Married on 12/08/2018

Beautiful setting, amazing food, incredible hospitality

My husband and I are so lucky we found Gracie's in our search for a wedding reception venue - the entire experience, from initial inquiry all the way through the night itself, just could not have been better. First of all, the on site events manager, Kendal, was not only incredibly detailed and thorough, but also so friendly and approachable - she and Jessie, the events assistant, made the planning process go so smoothly that we truly felt completely ready and relaxed as the countdown to the wedding day reached 0.

The reception itself was absolutely spectacular thanks to Kendal and the entire Gracie's event staff (including those at their sister bakery, Ellie's, which made our delicious cake) - not only did my husband and I enjoy every minute of it, but we're still hearing from our guests about how much they loved the food (delicious and full of unique touches), the atmosphere (so cozy, especially with their Christmas decorations - we didn't buy any floral arrangements because the space itself is beautiful as is), and the hospitality (top notch - the servers and all the staff were friendly, professional, and thoughtful, and managed to make everyone feel both at home and completely taken care of).

I can't recommend Gracie's enough!
  • Michaela
    Michaela Married on 11/11/2018

Kendal and the team at Gracie's is AMAZING!

WOW! We cannot say more positive things about working with Kendal and the team at Gracie's. First off, Kendal is so amazing to work with. She is so genuine, kind, thoughtful, and easy going which made the planning process so stress free and simple. She is made for this job! While most people dread the planning process, my now husband and I really enjoyed it and I believe it was because Kendal made it really enjoyable for us. While planning, Kendal responded very timely too all our questions and tended to all our needs. She was also very mindful of our budget and made sure to stick to it throughout the process which we very much appreciated. Also during the wedding, her and the assistant coordinator, Jessie, were there every step of the day. I had not seen the main dining room space until I walked into the dining room for my ceremony, and had no doubts that everything would be where it needed to be and I was right, it looked incredible.

As far as the space itself, Gracie's is a beautiful venue for a smaller wedding. We had around 82 guests and the space definitely felt full, but comfortable. We also decided to have our ceremony in the main dining room, and while it was tight (Which we were given a head's up about), it was intimate and I couldn't imagine having it any other way. We had so many positive comments from our guests about how intimate and cozy it felt. After our ceremony for the cocktail hour, Kendal and the staff set us up in the wine room in the downstairs part of the restaurant with a platter of the hors d'oeuvres and a bottle of prosecco. It was a great breather for myself, husband, our parents, best man and maid of honor to sit, drink, and eat before continuing on with the night. It also gave us the space to sign our marriage license with our friend who married us, and to enjoy the first moments to celebrate being husband and wife!

Next to the wine room, is another private dining room that is bigger than the wine room, but a big enough space to fit some high top tables and our open air photo booth. There is a bar in there as well which was setup with a water station for our guests. The main dining room is also a great color for any florals and colors you decide to have. We went with whites, golds, and greens, and our greenery and florals looked amazing in the space. Gracie's used their candles which are a mix of clear, white, and gold placed throughout our centerpieces, garland, on the tables, and around the restaurant which made the space feel cozy and warm. Our DJ had a perfect spot set up in their private booth at the front of the restaurant, and our dance floor felt huge! We had 2 long tables set up for dinner, and were taken away once dinner was over. The tables were out of the spacec before I realized it and it was a great open space for dancing. There was still plenty of seating in the bar, downstairs in their private dining room, and on the outside perimeter of the main dining room for non dancers.

The staff at Gracie's was so amazing and accommodating and the food is indescribable. One thing my husband and I wanted for our guests was great food and Gracie's delivers that effortlessly. Every dish was prepared and plated so elegantly and looked beautiful. Our guests really loved the palate cleansers that were served before both 1st and 2nd course, and raved about our mini donuts that were placed on the bar for the taking, as well as macarons! Kendal even brought my husband and I a plate of the donuts to us so we wouldn't miss out on trying each kind! We also had a cutting cake which was not passed out to our guests, but for us to enjoy while cutting and save for our 1 year anniversary. It was a pretty large cake for a cutting cake, so my immediate family was also able to enjoy some of it while we were away on our honeymoon.

If you're looking for a small, intimate wedding that does not break the bank, we totally recommend Gracie's as your venue! We cannot thank Gracie's enough for making our wedding day literally the best day ever!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 10/20/2018

The Best Wedding Venue!

I don't even know where to begin. Gracie's was filled with the most responsive, detail oriented, kind, supportive and flexible staff imaginable. As a pretty low key (read disorganized) bride they made my wedding happen. It was gorgeous, fun, so professional, VERY delicious and beautiful. Kendal helped me every step of the way through wedding planning and answered all of my silly questions with such enthusiasm. From the first meeting to being there the night of my wedding Kendal and the staff were phenomenal to work with. The process of planning a wedding could not have been easier with Gracie's and they ensured the whole day ran smoothly. My guests were raving about the food, including my father who was a chef, and everyone was so full and well fed with quality tasty food the entire night. They accommodated several of my guests with food allergies and picky eaters. The staff was understanding and knowledgable about all of the allergens and ingredients of the food. The bread there made me tear up it was so good. The prices were comparable to other wedding venues which was a pleasant surprise for an upscale restaurant. They also had the most flexible open bar options to choose from. They saved us hor d'oeuvres to have when we arrived on our wedding day along with our preferred drinks, and they left small treats for my guests in their cars. They had the menus customized with our names, and guests were able to choose their meals the night of. There were so many more details they did to make our day perfect. You will not be disappointed with how above and beyond this gem of a wedding venue goes for all couples getting married!
    Kim Married on 09/28/2018
    My daughter decide to have a small, intimate wedding that would be with her closest family and the best food possible in the area and Gracie's didn't disappoint us. It was perfect. We had a private room with delicious food and exceptional service. My family and I have had the pleasure of dinning at Gracie's before but my daughter's in laws had not and they loved it. I heard "this is the best meal I've ever had from her mother in law." It was nice to be able to share the experience with them. We loved working with Kendal the Event Director and I couldn't have asked for a better person than Jess, that over saw the whole night. We didn't have to worry about anything, she's a pro and a joy to be around. We couldn't be happier with how wonderful the night was.
    Amy Married on 09/22/2018
    We wanted a small intimate dinner for our wedding and Gracie's was perfect. Kendall was just the best and easiest to work with for all the planning. The room was perfect and had its own bar and great atmosphere. Jessie and all the staff that evening were so awesome and attentive. The food was of course so amazing and everyone still talks about how great it was. We wanted an evening of great friends, food, drinks and love and Gracie's was perfect. I would recommend to everyone and we look forward to going back for anniversary dinners.
    Cassandra Married on 09/15/2018
    My now husband and I had our brunch wedding reception here on September 15th, 2018. From the moment we stepped foot into Gracie’s it was love at first site. Then, we met Kendall and it sealed the deal! Kendal, Gracie’s and all the staff are the most warm, pleasant and amazing people you will ever meet. The times we had to meet Kendal at Gracie’s to go over things for our special day, we felt like we were visiting family! All staff from the valet to the waiters new us by our first names. What amazed us the most was when they mentioned our wedding day! Each and every staff member goes above and beyond no matter what the situation is! The food was absolutely out of this world, the guests are still talking about how they have never tasted anything so great especially for it being wedding food! The cake from Ellie’s their sister bakery was to die for, with my husband being a desert fanatic he loved it as did myself and all of our guests. We cannot say enough about how amazing everything was from the food to the service. We are truly grateful for all that Gracie’s and the staff has done to make our day one for the books! We cannot wait to go back for our anniversaries and just to say hello! We can genuinely say we love you guys and we thank you! Mr. and Mrs. Harold Clark :)