Graceful Designs Reviews

Graceful Designs 5
Graceful Designs 6
Graceful Designs 7

Renee · Married on 11/07/2015

I never really write reviews, but this one needed to be written! Tanya and her team did an AMAZING job with our fall themed wedding. I met with her with a bit of an idea, and she really took that idea and turned it into the most fantastic vision of what I could have ever imagined. My family and friends are still praising us for the beautiful decorations.

Tanya is also such a wonderful wonderful person. Every time I spoke with her she calmed me down and eased any concerns I may have had at the time of our conversation. I think the reason people become Bridezillas is because they don't have wonderful professionals like Tanya on their team. She was a joy to work with and always seemed even more excited for us than we were!

I wish I had hired her as our wedding planner or at least day of coordinator because she absolutely stepped up and helped us get our day off without a hitch. Very professional and I wish her all the best!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Chenequa · Married on 12/20/2014

Tanya and her team was outstanding bringing the vision for my special day to life. Words truly cannot describe how beautiful the wedding and reception were. Our guest are still sending messages, calls, and emails about how classy, elegant, and timeless both ceremonies were decorated and put together. I would definitely recommend Graceful designs to other brides that desire for their wedding to be completed with excellence!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Nevaughan · Married on 12/20/2014

Without a doubt the best service in town! Tanya and her staff were fabulouse to work with. They offered invaluable knowledge and tools for my bride. The quality of her products (ie, linens, centerpieces, bouquets and more) we second to none. Will definitely recommend her and Graceful Designs to others and they will be my go-to vendor for all my events.

Sent on 02/04/2015

Tenika · Married on 12/13/2014

I was treated with royalty by graceful designs and all her staff. The professionalism and creativity used for my wedding ceremony and reception was simply phenomenal. I was so pleased with the way my entire planning process was handle. I enjoyed working with Tanya and the ladies of graceful designs! They truly treated me and my parents like family! I would highly recommend them to all brides nationwide!!!!! Love, love, love my experience! !!

Sent on 01/21/2015
  • Maya

Maya · Married on 03/22/2014

Ms. Tanya was the absolute best! From the first time we meet and discussed what I wanted in flowers & decor, Ms. Tanya assured me that everything would be beautiful. AND it was!! Ms. Tanya was so helpful & sweet. I loved our center pieces, candy bar, ceremony columns and my bouquet. I'm still in awe when I look at our wedding photos. EVERYTHING was awesome :) I'm so glad that my wedding planner recommended Ms. Tanya to Major & I.

Sent on 04/08/2014
  • Sharlette

Sharlette · Married on 09/01/2013

I can't say enough about Tanya at Graceful Designs. She is a joy and a pleasure to work with. She made everything so much easier. I hired her as my Day of Coordinator but she was SO much more. She was integral in the success of my wedding day. Keeping everyone calm and keeping me informed as the weather changed multiple times right before the ceremony and it had to be moved inside. I would surely have tried to inflict bodily harm on the Director of Events at the Chamberlin had Tanya not been there to intercede on our behalf. She kept things moving, kept me informed and made everything an overall pleasant experience.
    She has the most amazing personality and you'll never see her sweat or frown no matter how tough it gets.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Keely · Married on 08/20/2011

Tanya helped me plan a 350 person wedding out of town, I live in DC area and wedding was at Hampton University Chapel and Marriott at City Center in Newport News, VA. Tanya was calming (what every bride needs), she was responsive, professional, knowledgeable and friendly. Tanya recommended creative and high quality vendors. Tanya coordinated day of wedding activities with vendors and my wedding party. With the number of moving parts and size of my wedding, wedding party, I should have taken Tanya's recommendation to purchase full wedding planning services from Graceful Designs. However, Tanya was flexible and worked within my budget (which meant more work for the bride). My advice to any bride (spend the money on a great planner), closer to the wedding, no matter how much of a micromanager you are, you will want to turn everything over to someone else - Tanya is a gem.

Sent on 10/31/2012

Sherraine · Married on 04/09/2016

I am not one to do reviews but Tonya with Graceful Designs was excellent! She did my wedding decor and bridal party flowers as well. I had pictures and ideas of what I wanted and she delivered. My wedding was stunning and i loved everything. I am a spoiled and very picky individual. If Mrs. Tonya was horrible I would definitely let you all know. But she is very good at her job. You would have thought I spent large sums of money. She worked with my budget and also listened to every request my husband and i had. I would highly recommend her.!!!!

Sent on 06/04/2016

Evangeline and Paul · Married on 06/28/2014

The professionalism and quality of service were excellent. She delivered the wedding of our dreams, with elegance. She shouldered all of our anxieties in regards to dealings with all of the different vendors to provide a well coordinated event . The flowers and arrangements exceeded our expectations. In other words, it was a BEAUTIFUL wedding ! Also we received lots of compliments from our friends and families. Thank you so much, Tanya , for a job well done ! You made a big difference in our special day !

Sent on 07/27/2014

My experience with Tanya was wonderful! She was super friendly, very flexible, willing and able to work with our budget, and even offered to help us find vendors within her network for other things that we needed. The only issue I had is that I wanted her to use all silk flowers, but she ended up using some real [dried] flowers, which led to some getting crushed and leaving some dried flower residue on our clothes the day of, but the bouquet and boutonniere were still beautiful, and that's all that mattered.

Sent on 01/05/2015

Leann · Married on 06/21/2008

A class act from start to finish.

Sent on 09/17/2008

Jennifer · Married on 09/07/2014

3.5

Tanya's flowers and centerpieces were the most beautiful I have ever seen; she truly has a talent for wedding decor. The beauty she was able to create within the constraints of the room and our budget was absolutely amazing. Even when last minute circumstances and weather changed our plan, she was undaunted. She was flexible, and went above and beyond in some cases to ensure our wedding was successful.

Sent on 09/15/2014
  • Jackie

Jackie Kelley · Married on 09/28/2019

2.0

Wonderful to work with. I just wish there had been more flowers and less green. Everyone kept turning my bouquet looking for the best side.

Tanya was wonderful to work with and was so helpful. Going out of her way to help make our Wedding run smoothly. I sent pictures of what I wanted and the fireplace decor was nice but my bouquet had very little vibrant jewel tone flowers in it. Full of greenery instead.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Chela · Married on 05/29/2011

4.2
      3.0

I was referred to Graceful Designs through my friends who got married 2 years before I did. She was very helpful from the beginning. The flowers turned out really nice :-).

Sent on 06/06/2011
  • F

Kia · Married on 06/01/2013

1.5
      3.0
      1.5
      2.5

Initially, my encounter with Graceful Designs was pleasant. She appeared to be organized and understand the vision that I had for my wedding. As the months went on, I found that instead of researching various vendors for each category, she would refer my family to her specific vendors aka friends that she liked to work with. I found myself having to research other vendors, who could perform the service at a lower cost, despite paying her to be my full wedding planner. Certain of her vendors we did use, because my parents had developed a trusting relationship with her, but that proved to be a grave mistake. On my wedding day, alot of details fell through the cracks. The timeline was all off, the limo was late to pick us up and my mom had to fix that situation, the photographers didn't get certain shots I requested due to the wedding not being organized and kept on track, place cards were out of order and at wrong tables (my parents were at two different tables and they are still married), the wedding favors were left and no guest received them. Our leaving was supposed to be staged so we could get the shot, but the photographers left early, stating she told them to leave at 10, eventhough the wedding didn't end until 11 so that was an important event that didn't take place . She knew I was a very detailed oriented bride and I took care of alot of things that the wedding planner should have done, but on the day of the wedding, I was busy being a bride and trusted that she would finally come through as I expected to ensure the day ran smoothly and according to plan, but it was all over the place and unorganized. The vendors she referred me to were not up to par, despite being considered "high end" and the vendors I researched for a lower price turned out to be the only ones that fulfilled their contract and exceeded our expectations. Even during the wedding planning process I was stressed as if I didn't have a wedding planner.

Sent on 06/18/2013