66 Reviews for Grace Bridal Couture

Alterations (18)
Veils (10)
Appts. Only (5)
66 Grace Bridal Couture Reviews

There aren't words to describe how fantastic Loyce is. I bought my dress 'custom' from a local designer. The dress was 2-4 sizes too large, plain and had a poor quality belt. I needed help and Loyce was my savior.

I called Loyce 6 months out due to her being in very high demand. I was panicked, in the depths of dress regret and not even sure what the dress needed to fit my dream. Loyce was kind and understanding over the phone. She asked me to email her pictures and made some reasonable and honest assessments of the dress.

Once she was sure that she had time to take me on as a client, she scheduled me for several dress fittings. The first time I met Loyce she was so kind, welcoming and calm. She was confident she could help make the dress fit but also redesign aspects of the dress to make it my dream dress. Over 3 appointments she took-in the bodice, lovingly attached hundreds of pieces of lace and added volume to give it that princess look that I wanted. I even bought a cathedral-length veil from her that made the whole dress even more magical.

Loyce essentially remade my dress. She helped me understand what I wanted and knew how the dress should fit my body and move. The bustle she created for the dress allowed me to dance all night long. Her alterations were beautiful, durable and completed just in time for my July wedding.

If I could go back in time, I would have had Loyce design the dress from scratch. Loyce gave me my dream dress and I am so grateful.

Profile Picture Catherine, 7/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I feel so lucky, and privileged to have had the opportunity to meet and work with Loyce for my wedding gown. When I first started researching places to do alterations for my dress, I was completely blown away by the number of 5 star reviews for Loyce at Grace Bridal Couture. After reading glowing review after glowing review on yelp, weddingwire, and theknot, I knew I needed to book her and FAST! I thought I was "ahead of the game" when I called Loyce in January for my November wedding...NOPE. Loyce let me know that despite my thinking I was early to call, she already had filled up for the year! BUT, because my dress was fairly simple (and needed few alterations) she was able to squeeze me in. WORD OF ADVICE FOR FUTURE BRIDES: Loyce is a hot commodity in LA and she books up fast. I recommend booking a year out (even if you don't have a dress yet!). I still consider myself so so so lucky that she was able to squeeze me in, and was beyond relieved. As other reviewers mentioned, Loyce is not only excellent at her craft, but she is an all around AMAZING soul and person. Every fitting with Loyce she made me feel so excited, beautiful, and special, and she has such a calming presence (so important when you have a million other wedding things going on!). I have heard horror stories about other wedding dress tailors in LA being unpleasant at fittings, and Loyce is the literal opposite. She takes the time to listen to exactly what you want, talks through different options and provides her opinion, asks about the wedding and gives helpful tips/advice, and makes sure you feel absolutely amazing in your dress. She expertly took in my silk crepe dress where I needed it, made me a cathedral veil, and created a masterful bustle that was not heavy (despite my massive train), was easy for my bridesmaids to do on the wedding day, and held beautifully the entire night. My dress fit me perfectly, and people could not get over Loyce's craftsmanship. My wedding planner even complimented h

Profile Picture User6384725, Recently Married, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Veils, Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only

FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE!!! Out of all of the wedding planning my experience at Grace Bridal Couture was by far the best. I heard horror stories about finding a dress and it fitting right and getting it tailored but none of those were true for me. My dress was the easiest part of my wedding and hands down the most fun. Loyce is a magical woman and was nothing less than perfection. My dress was perfect, every detail was immaculate and she was honest when my ideas would not work and gave me ideas that took my dress to the next level. I went into the process with an idea in my mind and she delivered and more. If I could I would go to her for everything because not only is she that talented, she is wonderful to be around. I truly could not be happier.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I just love Loyce. I can't say enough about how flexible and accommodating she was to a stressed out bride. She really wants helps you get the wedding dress of your dreams and she walks you through the entire process to make sure you're comfortable.

Profile Picture JASMIN, 9/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a fantastic experience with Loyce on my heritage wedding dress. The dress was my moms, and it had a few holes in the train and had long sleeves. Loyce actually found the exact same lace as my mom’s 40-year-old-dress! She removed the sleeves, rebuilt the bodice to make it fit me, and covered the train’s holes with appliqués. The end result was fabulous and well-priced!

Loyce is the best in the business, and she’s hilarious too. You will have fun and will end up with a perfectly restyled gown that is sentimental but also YOU. Loved it.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/26/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to Grace Bridal Couture in hopes that Loyce could turn my $15 find into a Berta inspired gown. When I initially got the dress it was just an outer shell of lace. What this amazing woman created was nothing short of miraculous! I shared my vision for the dress with her and together we collaborated to make the dress I was dreaming of/could never afford. Eventually I bought a duplicate to add a train and scalloped edge for the back of my dress.

What Loyce really did for me as a bride on a budget was give me lower cost options and the freedom to pick every detail of my dress down to the buttons.

Tips I would give to new brides are as follows:
- Make sure to book in advance at least a year ahead to make sure you get on her schedule. She's a very busy woman and has people fly in to work with her. Make sure you keep this in mind when booking appointments with her.
-Know what you want ahead of time and be clear and concise about the details.
-Don't be afraid to speak your mind. Loyce is very honest and will share her opinion with you but if there's something you truly want make sure to tell her.
-Lastly, make sure you discuss your budget with her. She is very accommodating and has worked on everything from high end gowns to ultra budget ones alike.

When you make the choice to get your dress done here you're not only getting a dream dress but an experience. It's completely natural for any bride to feel overwhelmed and stressed out leading up to her big day, and I was definitely no exception. Loyce and her assistant miss Linda worked with me every step of the way to make sure I was happy with the final product. She is very understanding and offers words of wisdom and kindness. She even pushed back my dress pickup date to accommodate me. My husband and I had the most amazing talks with her, ranging from practical wedding advice to keeping me calm and focusing on the big picture. Dress fittings were in a word magical. It was everything I wanted!

Profile Picture Kati, 6/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Bride

Everything about Loyce is incredible. She was seriously the best part of wedding planning for me. Going to her fittings was always like going to my best friend's house for a sleepover. She is fun, hilarious, organized, easy to talk to, and most of all, talented. She is the true designer of your dress, and she is worth every cent. Book her as soon as you get engaged because she is very busy, and rightfully so. You won't find a better dress designer/alterations lead than Loyce. I paid her $400 flat for four fittings, which was way lower than I expected given the amount of time, work, and effort she put into my alterations ... all with one hand that wasn't working due to a short-lived illness. She gets the job done no matter what. You're lucky to work with Loyce and know her as a person.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/6/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations

I had a wonderful experience working with Loyce for alterations for my wedding dress. At each appointment, I never felt rushed and I had her full attention. She always took into consideration my thoughts and offered her expert advice on the best way to accomplish everything. It was wonderful to have the peace of mind that my dress would be beautiful and fit me perfectly! It was great to work with her.

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I bought a beautiful gown from BHLDN that I fell in love with as soon as I put it on.. but I knew alterations would be a lot of work. I'm 5'1" and the dress was meant for someone who was closer to 5'10". While it was beautiful, the skirt of the dress looked pretty difficult to alter because of the trim at the bottom and the way the skirt was made of several panels.

Nervous, I went to my first appointment with her and she immediately put me at ease that she had an idea of how to approach it. She ended up taking apart each layer of the skirt to shorten each one, which would make the dress short enough. Additionally, the top of the dress needed a bunch of adjustments because my torso is much shorter, which she was able to do without a problem. She was very accommodating with scheduling.. Between our second-to-last and last appointments, I lost some weight which made the dress that she had pinned and basted for me so well a month before not fit anymore. Thankfully, she's an expert and knew that the dress may need some last minute adjusting, so she hadn't sewn the lace in places where it wouldn't be fixable. She didn't hesitate to add in one more appointment for me to make those last minute changes and make sure I had my perfect dress for my wedding.

Aside from her obvious talent, Loyce is also the sweetest and wisest person. I thoroughly enjoyed every session with her and it's easy to tell how much she truly enjoys her job. She is amazing and I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Jessica, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

For those daring brides who want to page homage to your mother's/grandmother's/g-grandmother's heirloom wedding dress but still want look like a fabulous modern bride on your wedding day - Loyce is the only woman for the job. My mother has talked about her wedding dress since I was a little girl. She was so proud of this dress that she worked hard to afford in the 80's and it was the epitome of bridal gowns of the time - long sleeves and lace with a Victorian style. When the time came for me to look for a dress, there was no question that I wanted a very similar dress if not her dress for my wedding day. I dressed shopped, but just didn't see any styles that remotely resemble her dress in my small budget so I looked for alterations experts in the area to see if it was even possible to redesign the dress into something that fit and flattered. My search left me at a loss, until I stumbled onto Loyce!
Loyce takes what's already in the dress and brings the best parts of it to flatter the best parts of you. It's truly a gift, I can't explain it! Seeing the final design of your dress the week of your wedding sounds nerve racking until you how she works and how talented she is. We spent about 9 months shaping this dress and those appointments with Loyce and my mom were my favorite part of the wedding planning process. I feel like I've known her forever now through this whole dress transformation experience. She goes above and beyond and even spares time to share her life wisdom when you need it. I couldn't even imagine how good I was going to look until Loyce swooped in and exceeded my wildest dreams! My mom's wedding dress is now my wedding dress and a design that will prove to be classic in the years to come. I couldn't think of a better way to honor my mom. She is a true professional and I would trust her with any heirloom or custom design. I'm so glad she gets to share her gift with other brides and I am so grateful for the opportunity to work with her.

Profile Picture Robin, 10/15/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride, Veils

Loyce is the BEYOND amazing. are there 10 stars because I wish I could do that?! I came in back in January with my moms dress I wanted to make into my own, but I was soooo indecisive on what I wanted. Not only does she have a great personality and great schedule for those working / out of town but she has such great advice on weddings and your day in general.

Doing a custom heirloom gown and not seeing the dress until the last minute can be stressful but I had so much trust in Loyce I never had to worry. My mom wanted to be involved in the process so she made the veil and Loyce got the right tulle to go with it and was even wrapping a comb for me when I picked up the dress!

She humored me when I was indecisive and helped me talked through all my options that I cannot WAIT to see how everyone reacts on Sunday for the big wedding.

Loyce, you are amazing and someone I am so glad has been involved in my wedding!!!

Profile Picture Leanne, 10/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride

Loyce was phenomenal. She was endlessly accommodating, incredibly efficient and always such a pleasure to be around. She made me feel so comfortable and beautiful in my dress (which was wayyy too big). I have the biggest affection for this lady and would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Tatjana, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Words cannot describe how incredible Loyce made my bridal dress design process. I first went to several bridal shops to try on dresses and was immediately overwhelmed. Nothing fit well or looked quite right on my body. My mom suggested looking into getting a wedding dress made. After searching Yelp, Wedding Wire and other sites I came across Grace Bridal Couture. I sent Loyce an email of what I wanted and within a few hours she had replied that she could make it happen. The whole experience was incredible we spent almost 9 months shaping the dress. Loyce was very accommodating with my work schedule and extremely nice about having to change appointments last minute. Going to her shop after work quickly became something that I would look forward to all day. She gave me a few recommendations on where to find fabric and I ended up with the most beautiful beaded lace. The finished product of my dress was absolutely breathtaking and yes I cried. Everyone LOVED my dress and could not stop raving about it. In Nigerian culture brides usually go through 2-3 outfit changes. I was so in love with my dress that I wore it the whole entire day/night!! Thank you so much Loyce!! I look forward to wearing my dress every year on my anniversary or coming back and having Loyce transform it into something else.

Profile Picture Teni, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Loyce is incredible! She has a vision for each bride and dress and has the adept skill and enthusiasm to bring this vision to life. She is hardworking - willing to take late appointments, drop off dresses, hunt down lace and do whatever else you need to make sure your dress is ready on time and in style. She even brought in extra help during a particularly busy phase. Her knowledge of alterations and couture is impressive. She broke my dress down to the bones and brought it back together in a way that was even better than the start. She is a perfectionist and scheduled multiple fittings until we got it right. She's a fun conversationalist while you get pinned, prodded and (not) poked. Lastly, she’s a good human - approachable, honest and humorous. You want her on your side as you go through the exciting and intense process of making your dress your dream. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Nithya, 9/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Loyce was amazing! She did an amazing job with the alterations on my wedding dress. We had several fittings which turned into pep talks from her! She is the most positive and genuine person I have met in quite some time. I consider myself fortunate for finding her. She was so accommodating with scheduling and everything was done as promised or early. I couldn't have asked for anything more. She is an absolute professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. Can’t thank her enough for being such an integral part of making my wedding so very memorable.

Profile Picture Benn, 9/3/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations

Loved Loyce. So approachable, responsive and helpful. She made me such a gorgeous cathedral gown. You wont make a mistake using her for your special day. Thanks Loyce! :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Loyce of Grace Bridal Couture is not only a master, but an incredible woman who is so lovely to work with. She did extensive alterations and added several custom elements (including hand stitched lacework, halter straps, and a custom made veil) to my dress and truly transformed it into my dream dress. It fit like a glove and was absolute PERFECTION! Loyce can be trusted to make excellent design decisions and for her amazing craftsmanship. She is a sweetheart and I had so much fun at my fittings. Those times are now precious memories for me. Thank you Loyce!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Veils, Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride

Loyce was AMAZING! She has such a sweet, caring lady. Loyce has been in the business for a while and it is evident that she really knows her stuff! I purchased a dress from BHLDN (which had some intricate beading) and Loyce knew exactly what to do. She explained all the steps necessary to alter my dress and, in the end, the dress looked like it was made just for me. A few weeks before my wedding, I decided that I wanted to wear a veil (I had been debating for some time). Loyce was able to handle my last minute request and make me the perfect veil to go with my dress.

There are a lot of things that can cause stress when planning a wedding -- having your dress altered is not one of them if you go to Loyce. She makes the entire process so easy. She will spend extra time with you during fittings to make sure you get exactly what you want; she is only happy when you are happy.

The worst part about the whole process was when I realized I wouldn't get to see Loyce on a regular basis. I thoroughly enjoyed our fittings and I am so sad they had to end. THANK YOU SO MUCH LOYCE!

Profile Picture Amy, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Veils

I am beyond grateful that I found Loyce at Grace Bridal Couture! I visited what seemed like every bridal salon on both coasts for over a year and could not find a dress that felt like "the one." I found so many dresses where I would like one part, but not another, and I didn't have the budget to make huge alterations anyway. I finally decided to take a leap of faith and meet with Loyce about a custom dress. I'm so glad I did! Loyce is down-to-earth, fun, one of the most hard working humans I have ever met, and incredibly talented. She will go above and beyond to make sure your dress is perfect.

One of my main challenges was that while I knew what I didn't want, I didn't have a dream dress either. Loyce was great at helping me figure out what I wanted, and was very patient and accommodating when I wanted to make changes too! She ended up sewing a lot of my dress by hand, and it really was an amazing, one-of-a-kind, work of art. Thank you so much Loyce!

Profile Picture User7369434, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Loyce is unbelievably talented and did an incredible job altering my wedding gown - which was no small feat considering the layers of material! She made it fit perfectly and gave me great tips for how to wear it and what to wear it with. She has years of experience working with brides, and it shows in the way that she counsels and calms. Plus, she is very fun and my bridesmaids and I had a blast at every fitting. When it came time to pick up my dress and make my payment, I was shocked by how reasonable the final price was.

She is that rare combination of an uber-skilled person who genuinely takes care of her clients and doesn't take advantage of a bride in a weak and stressful time. I have recommended her to all my friends and will be going back for other special occasion tailoring in the future. Thank you, Loyce!!!

Profile Picture Amaia, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Loyce is truly a gem and so talented and amazing! The moment I got engaged I knew I was going to contact Grace Bridal Couture to make my custom dream wedding dress. Loyce has been a special part of my family- she designed and made my sister-in-law’s, my sisters’ and my very own custom wedding dress. All were stunningly beautiful and very meaningful. For both my sister and me, incorporating our mom’s family heirloom dress into our wedding dresses was very important and special as we lost our mother at a very young age due to Cancer. In my Dad’s own words “ Loyce is now the official wedding dress designer of our family”.
When I contacted Loyce, I was an ecstatic bride-to-be as I was planning my fairytale destination wedding in Italy. I will never forget her enthusiasm and excitement to design and make my dress and incorporate my mom’s dress into mine as she had with my sister’s wedding dress. She knew that planning a destination wedding was not easy so with no questions asked she graciously accommodated my schedule for all my fittings. Loyce’s commitment and dedication to creating my dream wedding dress was invaluable. She included me throughout the entire design process and her passion and creativity made it so much easier. The process began with her asking me to send her pictures of sample dresses and silhouettes that I liked. She immediately responded and said that she will make my dress how I want. She then recommended a couple of fabric stores for me to go to and choose some fabrics. She gave feedback on the fabric and what would work best. She picked up the fabric from the store herself and once we began the fittings, it was the most enjoyable experience. The end result was amazingly stunning and beautiful!

Profile Picture Adriana, 6/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My Wedding Dress color is New White and my wedding theme colors are apple green,yellow, raspberry.

Profile Picture teresia, 6/4/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Since I was little I dreamed of getting married with my mom’s dress, and Grace Bridal Couture made this dream come true! I’m from Venezuela and it was really hard to pick someone to alter my mom’s dress , but I was very lucky meet Loyce thanks to all of the reviews from her customers! Certainly, each and every review is very true to her wprk and dedication! She is not only the sweetest person, but she really valued my mom’s gown and worked every detail with love. She redesigned my mom’s vintage gown that had limited amount of fabric and did an amazing job! We met many times, just to make sure that everything was done right. The dress was even prettier than what I had dreamed of! My husband and I just received a letter stating that my husband’s previous marriage was annulled and I can wait to start planning my wedding next year! I already have the most important part: THE DRESS!!!! Thank you Loyce!

Profile Picture patricia, 5/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Loyce was the best choice I could have made for gown alterations. It was a pretty tricky alteration with dress I chose - but her unbelievable talent improved the dress in so many different ways. She has such an eye for detail and consideration for what you want for the dress from every angle.

I had so much fun meeting with Loyce each time and would recommend her to any bride looking to have your dress altered or custom made as her work is AS GOOD AS IT GETS.

Profile Picture Becca, 4/23/16, 1 Review