Grace Bridal Couture Reviews

85 Reviews for Grace Bridal Couture

85 Grace Bridal Couture Reviews

Heather · Getting married on 10/15/2019

Wonderful and professional

I had a dress disaster on my hands where I needed a seamstress asap. Loyce saw me immediately and gave me the best advice-buy a new dress. Alterations and steaming would be really expensive and may not turn out the way I want. She easily could have convinced me to do hundreds of dollars of alterations and didn’t. She was so kind, understanding, knowledgeable and friendly. I will get a different dress and bring it to her for alterations.

sara · Married on 10/20/2018

Victorian Rose

it's now been a few days since my wedding and i am glad i chose loyce. she went above and beyond and turned my "cheap" pink gown into the wedding dress of my dreams. yes, pink, victorian rose to be exact. i felt like the craziest bride for choosing such a color but loyce made me feel so beautiful in it, that i never even wanted to take off my dress, and i definetly had no regrets. no reception dress for me! haha Loyce went out of her way to make me a veil, she hunted down the exact pink tulle for it knowing how bad i wanted it to match, i was thinking of going no veil, im glad she convinced me to have one. you only get to wear a veil once. in the end, i realized i didn't have fancy wedding dress dreams at all.. what i was dreaming of was the expierence loyce provided. getting my alterations done with her was the best decision i ever made, i was very lucky that she made time for me because i couldn't imagine anyone else getting it all done perfectly the way she did. by one look she knew what my dress needed, and in the end..i knew i needed her.

Grace Bridal Couture 4
    Grace Bridal Couture 5
    Grace Bridal Couture 6
    Grace Bridal Couture 7

Celine · Married on 10/06/2018

Loyce is the BEST!

Loyce is amazing! She is sweet, generous, personable, and incredibly skilled. Took an ill fitting dress and made it perfectly made for my body. She is amazing and I would recommend her to anyone! If I had known, I would have had her make my dress from scratch, she would have created magic!

Grace Bridal Couture 8

Crystal Noa · Married on 09/23/2018

Loyce is the best wedding dress maker in California!!

Loyce is fantastic! She did an outstanding job of bringing my dream dress to life. I had a picture of exactly what I wanted, and my dress looks like it walked right out of that picture. She takes the time to listen and really make sure that every detail is what you are wanting. She gives good advise on what will or won't look great on you, what fabrics will or won't fall just the way you want, etc.

We had numerous fittings so I was always comfortable with where we were in the process and that it really would fit the way I needed it to.

She puts her heart and soul into her work, and it shows. I am so glad I found her and didn't trust my big day with anyone else. I recommend her, hands down! Be smart, go with Loyce.

Mckenzie · Married on 09/22/2018

My experience was amazing and Loyce is a talented magician fairy godmother! Do yourself a favor and contact her. Thank me later!

I cannot thank Loyce enough! She went above and beyond at every point of the dress alteration process. She kept me calm under many storms, gave invaluable wisdom, and most importantly.... laughs when it was most needed. The alterations were not easy (major reconstruction) and were absolutely flawless. My dress was perfection on my Big Day! I am in awe of how amazing the look came together and cannot stop looking at my pictures ❤️Loyce is a talented magician fairy godmother and truly was made to do this work and deal with overwhelmed brides. One of the best decisions I made in the wedding planning process hands down. I’m going to truly miss my time with Loyce and urge you to contact her ASAP. She books up quickly! Thank me later.

Mallorie Destree · Married on 08/09/2018

Superwoman

Every bride-to-be needs Loyce in their life! I cannot express enough how amazing and talented she is-seriously, she is the superwoman of bridal alterations and custom bridal gowns. She goes above and BEYOND for her brides and she genuinely cares about you and wants you to feel just as amazing on the inside as the outside on your day. I remember Loyce was so booked when I first contacted her and I’m not sure what I did to convince her to squeeze me in, but she made it happen and my dress would not have looked as amazing as it did without her. During my first fitting her years of experience showed right away. She suggested a small change to my dress that I would have never thought to change on my own and it took the dress to a whole new level! I never write reviews, but I truly grew so fond of her and had to spread the word on how amazing she is. 💕

Grace Bridal Couture 9
    Grace Bridal Couture 10
    Grace Bridal Couture 11

Elli · Married on 08/05/2018

Saw the Vision in My Dress

Loyce is divine! I came to her with a beautiful Ines de Santo gown that I wanted to completely take apart and redo. She saw the vision, and added amazing ideas to it (like replacing the original, simpler cathedral length train with an even longer train to give me that drama I was looking for). Loyce is super efficient, but still takes the time to make sure every centimeter fits perfectly. She is an industry vet, and one of the kindest humans you will ever meet. Highly recommended!!!

• Chelsey

Chelsey Casey · Married on 08/04/2018

Miracle worker!

Loyce simply worked magic with my dress. I brought her an incredibly difficult task - tailor a charmeuse silk dress with zero support down at least 4 sizes and make it flatter a curvy body... while I was losing weight. I cannot speak highly enough of her creativity and talent. My dress came out absolutely beautiful and she even worked with me to make very last minute adjustments on my body where my weight loss had changed the strap fit. My only regret is not finding her before I found the dress - I would have gone custom if I could!!! If you have the chance to work with her, take it.

Grace Bridal Couture 12
    Grace Bridal Couture 13
    Grace Bridal Couture 14
    Grace Bridal Couture 15
    Grace Bridal Couture 16

Catherine · Married on 07/26/2018

There aren't words to describe how fantastic Loyce is. I bought my dress 'custom' from a local designer. The dress was 2-4 sizes too large, plain and had a poor quality belt. I needed help and Loyce was my savior.

I called Loyce 6 months out due to her being in very high demand. I was panicked, in the depths of dress regret and not even sure what the dress needed to fit my dream. Loyce was kind and understanding over the phone. She asked me to email her pictures and made some reasonable and honest assessments of the dress.

Once she was sure that she had time to take me on as a client, she scheduled me for several dress fittings. The first time I met Loyce she was so kind, welcoming and calm. She was confident she could help make the dress fit but also redesign aspects of the dress to make it my dream dress. Over 3 appointments she took-in the bodice, lovingly attached hundreds of pieces of lace and added volume to give it that princess look that I wanted. I even bought a cathedral-length veil from her that made the whole dress even more magical.

Loyce essentially remade my dress. She helped me understand what I wanted and knew how the dress should fit my body and move. The bustle she created for the dress allowed me to dance all night long. Her alterations were beautiful, durable and completed just in time for my July wedding.

If I could go back in time, I would have had Loyce design the dress from scratch. Loyce gave me my dream dress and I am so grateful.

Kelly · Married on 06/09/2018

Family Heirloom Restyle

As a wedding gift, a church elder helped my mother sew her wedding dress. It was made so that it could be altered for her two sisters, who also wore the dress. With the help of Loyce, I was lucky enough to be the fourth person in my family to wear the dress.

I found Loyce on Yelp, and after speaking to her on the phone, I knew she was someone I could entrust my family heirloom. My mother and I met with Loyce and made a plan to alter the dress so it would fit me and update it so that the dress was modern. Loyce sent me to fabric shopping to find inspiration. After seeing what I was interested in, she magically pulled out a bolt of 3D lace that was 100 times better than what I found at the store.

Loyce sent me a schedule, which included several fittings and a date/time when I could pick up my dress. At each appointment, I watched my mother’s dress transform. She preserved the top layer of the dress and my mother made it into a long veil. At every appointment, Loyce is focused on you-- she puts in a lot of thought and labor, and the result is a dress that is beautiful and fits perfectly.

I am so grateful for Loyce. She was patient, kind, creative, and extremely knowledgeable. I am lucky to be one of her brides. Thank you, Loyce.

Alissa · Married on 06/02/2018

Simply the best!

I absolutely loved working with Loyce! I contacted her in January for a June wedding, and she easily accommodated my schedule. My dress did not require major alterations (some hemming and taking in on the sides), but Loyce went above and beyond and offered wonderful advice as far as ways I could "complete" the dress (adding a belt, pairing with a longer veil, etc). Her price was completely reasonable, and she had the dress ready well before the date. I highly recommend Grace Bridal Couture!

Corinne Germain · Married on 05/11/2018

Amazing! Easy and Stress Free Experience

Working with Loyce was a dream and made the whole experience stress free. She is an excellent seamstress and my dress came out perfectly! Highly recommend!

• Sarah

Sarah Greene · Married on 05/05/2018

A very special lady to help with your very special day

I didn't know what I was doing when I told my mom I would use her veil in my wedding. Enter Loyce: I found Grace Bridal on Yelp and sent Loyce an email telling her I wanted to make a custom veil out of my mom's old one. We met a few days later and so began my journey with Loyce. I looked forward to each of my fittings because they meant time with Loyce. She offered everything from husband help to style advice and made me feel like I was with a family member while creating this special piece for my wedding day. In the end, my veil turned out so perfect, it was the centerpiece of my outfit and the accessory people loved the most. I would recommend any bride visit Grace Bridal!

Grace Bridal Couture 17
    Grace Bridal Couture 18
    Grace Bridal Couture 19

Kate · Married on 04/15/2018

The best in the business and so down to earth

When you have so many things to do for your wedding the best thing is to have someone you can completely trust to do a great job and Loyce is just that! I looked into going to a big chain store for alterations, but they have so many different people you never know who exactly is going to do YOUR dress. With Loyce, you know she's the best in the business and she's the one person who will work with you. I didn't have a ton to do, but she found a great solution to a material on my dress that was irritating my skin so that I didn't look red on my wedding day. I'm not a huge dress person, but I knew it was the one thing besides hair/makeup that everyone would see all day, so I wanted to look nice and be myself. And she was so down to earth and easy to work with it made the whole process so enjoyable. She was so patient, too, in trying to make the straps of my dress just unique enough without being over the top and turned my big-store dress into something totally unique and me. Genuinely, would not hesitate for a second to recommend Loyce and Grace Bridal Couture, whether small or large alterations to your dress. She's clearly been doing this for so long and has the whole system down pat - telling you when your appointments will be and how to make sure it'll be done on time. She's the best!

• emily

emily · Married on 04/07/2018

Far exceeded expectations

If you don't pick Grace Bridal Couture to handle your gown, you are making a grave mistake. Loyce is wonderful- both in her work and as a person.

If you want an experience that does your dress and your dream wedding justice, then she's your gal. Working with her is not a rush in- rush out situation. It's an experience.

Loyce gets to know her brides (and their mamas) and crafts something that fits and exceeds expectations.

Reworking a vintage gown? She's a pro at honoring the past but making sure you're not showing up ready for the Renaissance Faire in grandma's gown. Custom dress? She's there (at your wedding, too) with bells on.. making sure her creation does you justice on the big day. Need alterations? You'll wish she did one of the first two options because her work is better than anything off a hanger. Not to mention the company!

Someone should give this woman a talk show. Think: Delilah - meets Oprah - meets your mom (on her best mom day.) She's got great advice, calls it like she sees it, and a listening ear... wielding whichever one is needed at the moment.

You'll walk out of every appointment feeling better than you did coming in. In fact, fire your therapist and put your feet up on HER couch to talk it out. (It's been done)

I hope you can get an appointment, because if you can, it'll be the best decision you've made since saying, 'yes.'

Oh, and I suggest bringing a bottle of bubbly with you. It matches her personality- and its her favorite. I'd say good luck, but you won't need it. You'll be in capable and excellent hands!

Layne · Married on 03/24/2018

Magical Hands means Gown Perfection

Loyce of Grace Bridal Couture is a true artist of her craft. I found her on Yelp and it did not take me much convincing to call after reading through literally dozens of shining reviews. When we met for our initial consultation, I knew she was the one! Loyce saw a GOWN in my white dress. She tailored it to fit me perfectly, and added a few signature touches including a light-as-air train and veil to take my dress from "this is nice" to "omg I never want to take this off." Thanks to Loyce, I felt like a Bride on my wedding day! And it wasn't just because of her tailoring gifts. Throughout our fittings and time together, Loyce wove her personal wisdom in all things love and nuptials, sharing of her own intimate memories and getting to know my hopes and dreams for my marriage as well. Do yourself a favor and put your gown (and your soul, really) in the magical hands and trust of Loyce. You won't regret it!

Trista · Married on 02/10/2018

Loyce is the best

Plain and simple, Loyce is the best. She was calm, honest, and gave great advice in addition to doing an amazing job with the alterations. She made sure I never worried and was a great communicator and I ended up with the dress of my dreams and a worry-free process! I cannot recommend Loyce enough.

Grace Bridal Couture 20
  • Nicole

Nicole Tollefsrud · Married on 11/12/2017

Quality Alterations, Professional manner and Comforting experience!

I was referred to Loyce from the woman I bought my pre-loved dress from and I was SO glad she sent me to her! All of my bridesmaids and mom lived out of town, so I had to go alone to my first fitting. Loyce was so comforting and immediately made me feel at ease. As someone who works in the fashion industry myself, I care a lot about fit and quality work. Loyce was so professional and precise - I can't believe that she takes regular clients like me instead of all celebrities, lol! Also, she not only did what I asked, she provided some really good advice and ideas as well. The best part.... she made ALL of my alterations temporary so she could take them out afterwards so I could sell my dress! I'm very petite and my dress was all illusion lace on top, and she made it look like nothing happened afterwards. She even took it to the cleaners for me! It was such a pleasure working with Loyce and I will be sure to recommend any future brides to her. She made this big part of my wedding day (the dress) one single thing I didn't have to worry about! I felt so beautiful on my wedding day thanks to her! :)

Grace Bridal Couture 21
    Grace Bridal Couture 22
    Grace Bridal Couture 23
    Grace Bridal Couture 24
    Grace Bridal Couture 25

Alyssa · Married on 11/04/2017

I feel so lucky, and privileged to have had the opportunity to meet and work with Loyce for my wedding gown. When I first started researching places to do alterations for my dress, I was completely blown away by the number of 5 star reviews for Loyce at Grace Bridal Couture. After reading glowing review after glowing review on yelp, weddingwire, and theknot, I knew I needed to book her and FAST! I thought I was "ahead of the game" when I called Loyce in January for my November wedding...NOPE. Loyce let me know that despite my thinking I was early to call, she already had filled up for the year! BUT, because my dress was fairly simple (and needed few alterations) she was able to squeeze me in. WORD OF ADVICE FOR FUTURE BRIDES: Loyce is a hot commodity in LA and she books up fast. I recommend booking a year out (even if you don't have a dress yet!). I still consider myself so so so lucky that she was able to squeeze me in, and was beyond relieved. As other reviewers mentioned, Loyce is not only excellent at her craft, but she is an all around AMAZING soul and person. Every fitting with Loyce she made me feel so excited, beautiful, and special, and she has such a calming presence (so important when you have a million other wedding things going on!). I have heard horror stories about other wedding dress tailors in LA being unpleasant at fittings, and Loyce is the literal opposite. She takes the time to listen to exactly what you want, talks through different options and provides her opinion, asks about the wedding and gives helpful tips/advice, and makes sure you feel absolutely amazing in your dress. She expertly took in my silk crepe dress where I needed it, made me a cathedral veil, and created a masterful bustle that was not heavy (despite my massive train), was easy for my bridesmaids to do on the wedding day, and held beautifully the entire night. My dress fit me perfectly, and people could not get over Loyce's craftsmanship. My wedding planner even complimented h

Emily · Married on 10/07/2017

FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE!!! Out of all of the wedding planning my experience at Grace Bridal Couture was by far the best. I heard horror stories about finding a dress and it fitting right and getting it tailored but none of those were true for me. My dress was the easiest part of my wedding and hands down the most fun. Loyce is a magical woman and was nothing less than perfection. My dress was perfect, every detail was immaculate and she was honest when my ideas would not work and gave me ideas that took my dress to the next level. I went into the process with an idea in my mind and she delivered and more. If I could I would go to her for everything because not only is she that talented, she is wonderful to be around. I truly could not be happier.

JASMIN · Married on 09/29/2017

I just love Loyce. I can't say enough about how flexible and accommodating she was to a stressed out bride. She really wants helps you get the wedding dress of your dreams and she walks you through the entire process to make sure you're comfortable.

Katie · Married on 08/26/2017

I had a fantastic experience with Loyce on my heritage wedding dress. The dress was my moms, and it had a few holes in the train and had long sleeves. Loyce actually found the exact same lace as my mom’s 40-year-old-dress! She removed the sleeves, rebuilt the bodice to make it fit me, and covered the train’s holes with appliqués. The end result was fabulous and well-priced!

Loyce is the best in the business, and she’s hilarious too. You will have fun and will end up with a perfectly restyled gown that is sentimental but also YOU. Loved it.

Grace Bridal Couture 26
    Grace Bridal Couture 27
    Grace Bridal Couture 28
    Grace Bridal Couture 29
    Grace Bridal Couture 30

Kati · Married on 06/07/2017

I went to Grace Bridal Couture in hopes that Loyce could turn my $15 find into a Berta inspired gown. When I initially got the dress it was just an outer shell of lace. What this amazing woman created was nothing short of miraculous! I shared my vision for the dress with her and together we collaborated to make the dress I was dreaming of/could never afford. Eventually I bought a duplicate to add a train and scalloped edge for the back of my dress.

What Loyce really did for me as a bride on a budget was give me lower cost options and the freedom to pick every detail of my dress down to the buttons.

Tips I would give to new brides are as follows:
    - Make sure to book in advance at least a year ahead to make sure you get on her schedule. She's a very busy woman and has people fly in to work with her. Make sure you keep this in mind when booking appointments with her.
    -Know what you want ahead of time and be clear and concise about the details.
    -Don't be afraid to speak your mind. Loyce is very honest and will share her opinion with you but if there's something you truly want make sure to tell her.
    -Lastly, make sure you discuss your budget with her. She is very accommodating and has worked on everything from high end gowns to ultra budget ones alike.

When you make the choice to get your dress done here you're not only getting a dream dress but an experience. It's completely natural for any bride to feel overwhelmed and stressed out leading up to her big day, and I was definitely no exception. Loyce and her assistant miss Linda worked with me every step of the way to make sure I was happy with the final product. She is very understanding and offers words of wisdom and kindness. She even pushed back my dress pickup date to accommodate me. My husband and I had the most amazing talks with her, ranging from practical wedding advice to keeping me calm and focusing on the big picture. Dress fittings were in a word magical. It was everything I wanted!

Joon · Married on 05/13/2017

Excellent, Personable, Detail Oriented

Loyce was one of my favorite wedding vendors! Even though she had a bit of a health scare in the midst of our time together, she went above and beyond to make sure the dress I had became the dress of my dreams. She had an amazing eye on the details, stitching and even knew where to pull lace from to stitch to parts of my dress I had requested to make it feel like my own.

Loyce was always accommodating to my schedule, incredibly kind and personable. She really makes you feel like she cares about your well-being. Not only does she stitch the dress to fit, she also accounts for how your body shape is and makes it look good you!

I highly recommend her! If you want one less thing to worry about on your bridal journey, go with Grace Bridal Couture!

Grace Bridal Couture 31