Gown Boutique of Charleston Reviews

Gown Boutique of Charleston 6
Gown Boutique of Charleston 7

Kristin Cymbor · Getting married on 12/06/2019

Dream Experience

The Gown Boutique of Charleston was the best dress experience! From the time I walked in the door, I was greeted and asked about the details of my wedding. After mentioning my style was all over the place, the ladies at the Gown Boutique reviewed my Pinterest board and help customized my experience based on the common themes. They helped me narrow down my ideas, and helped me to not only find the dress of my dreams, but also find my bridesmaids dresses! Thank you for helping me make my Winter Wonderland theme a reality!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Kristin we are so thrilled you chose us to find your perfect gown! We know you are going to be absolutely stunning on your big day. Your ladies will be beautiful as well standing next to you! Congratulations again and thank you so much for your kind words!
  • Megan

Megan Rhoads · Getting married on 06/01/2019

Amazing!!!

I cannot say enough good things about Gown Boutique of Charleston. Janet was amazing and helped me (one of the most indecisive people ever) find the perfect wedding dress! She was so kind, professional, and in tune with what I liked and what I didn’t like. She made the whole process of finding my wedding gown easy and enjoyable and I can’t thank her enough!

Sent on 11/23/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Megan you are so sweet! Thank you so much for allowing us to help you find your perfect gown! We are honored to play a part in your special day.

Lauren Halter · Getting married on 05/25/2019

Amazing amazing place!

I found my dream dress here and the staff could not have been more amazing! They were welcoming, professional and encouraging while respecting the budget I had set. They were also very accommodating for the large party I had brought with me. The entire staff made the entire experience exactly what I had imagined!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Lauren we are so excited for you! We know you are going to be an absolutely stunning bride and we can't wait for pictures from your big day! Thank you so much for your kind words!

Lacey · Getting married on 04/13/2019

Meghan at Gown Boutique of Charleston was an amazing helper when trying to find the perfect dress for my perfect day! She knew exactly what styles would fit me and could help me see what looked good on my body and what fits didn’t work!! Lots of dresses to choose from with tons of different styles and designers!! Great experience highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Lacey you were wonderful to work with! Thank you for your kind words! We know you're going to be an absolutely stunning bride!
  • User5326141 ·

I only went to one bridal shop for my dress and this was it, because I didn't need to go anywhere else. They brought out exactly what I was looking for and let me take my time to look through all of the dresses, trying on ones I knew I wouldn't get but would hate if I didn't try on. It was so awesome! I absolutely love my dress and everything about Gown Boutique of Charleston.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us so much.

Lindsay · Married on 12/14/2018

Stunning dresses and the best service! Gown Boutique of Charleston is everything you could ask for in a bridal gown salon. Terri is very knowledgeable of every dress she has in the store and what would work best for my body. I highly recommend this boutique for every bride, especially when they are having a trunk show!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Lindsay! We know you'll be a beautiful bride on your special day very soon! We can't wait to see pictures!
  • Brittany

Brittany Jackson · Married on 12/08/2018

Best gown boutique. Great service & personable.

I cannot put into words how great my experience was at Gown Boutique. They were nothing but professional and personable from the day I found my dress in November 2017 to our wedding in December 2018. Janet was awesome. Janet helped me find my gown. I was open minded and showed her pictures of what I thought was beautiful. She chose a variety of the best gowns for me to choose from. She kept me in my price range but also found the most beautiful gown for our big day. If I could wear it everyday I would. Their gown selection is beautiful. Alterations at Gown Boutique is the way to go. My gown fit perfect on our wedding day. They even reviewed how to bustle the gown and suggested we video the bustling. It was a great guide. This was the only bridal boutique I went to because they were so great. They put my visions as a bride into perspective and helped me find the perfect gown. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 8
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 9

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words brittany! You were absolutely stunning on your big day and an absolute joy to work with! We can't wait to see more pictures!

Hope · Married on 11/03/2018

Unforgettable. In love.

Not only did Gown Boutique fit me in for an appointment as soon as possible, they stayed focused on my budget and wants during the appointment. They helped me advocate for myself when it came to a dress I was in love with, and went above and beyond to find "the dress". It initially looked very different, but their in-house seamstress/tailor totally made it into my dream dress. Wedding planning was not easy, and they made this step so so smooth and love filled. My husband LOVED it when he saw it! Absolute dream dress. THANK YOU!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Hope thank you so much for your kind words! You were absolutely gorgeous in your gown and we are so glad that your husband loved it too! You were such a joy to work with and we cannot WAIT to see more photos! Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!
  • Persephaine

Persephaine · Married on 09/02/2018

Wonderful shopping experience. This was the first vendor I visited and ended up finding the perfect dress after only the 2nd try-on. Loved it!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank you Persephaine for you kind words! We are so excited we were able to help you find your perfect gown! We know you looked AMAZING in it and can't wait to see pictures of your special day! Congratulations again!

Rebecca · Married on 07/21/2018

I bought my dress here around Christmas time 2017 for my outdoor Florida wedding in July this year. The consultants here were amazingly intuitive and after I tried on a few dresses, they the best dress I never knew I wanted out of thin air! I got compliments all day long on my unique laser-cut lace wedding dress! Plus it was a cancelled gown so I got it for a steal. Thank you so much for being part of making my special day wonderful!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Rebecca you were an absolute joy! We know you were a stunning bride. Thank you so much for your kind words and for letting us play a role in this special time in your life! We can't wait to see pictures from your big day! Congratulations again!

Savannah · Married on 03/12/2018

GBC was so amazing throughout picking out my dress, helping me piece my perfect Martina Liana separates into a dress made just for me, and all the way through alterations! The owner always remembered me and listened to me vent about wedding problems and checked in to see how things were going. The seamstress is a miracle worker! I cannot praise her enough for the alterations she did, how kind and patient she was, and just overall how well she does her job! I truly loved coming to this bridal salon for alterations and to see the amazing progress on my dress every appointment.

Sent on 04/03/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Savannah we are so ecstatic to hear how much you enjoyed your experience with us! You were truly just an absolute joy to work with and you made such a stunning bride! We absolutely cannot wait to see your pictures!

Bridget · Married on 03/10/2018

Every single one of the people I had the pleasure of working with at Gown Boutique of Charleston went above and beyond expectations. When trying on dresses, they are able to give such valuable insight and helped me to find the dress of my dreams. The alterations were done PERFECTLY and my dress ended up fitting like a glove. We were thrilled to be able to find a veil for my dress during my first fitting. Having this place as a one-stop-shop with so many phenomenal people to work with made wedding dress shopping the easiest and least stressful thing to worry about!

Sent on 03/31/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Bridget you were an absolute joy to work with! We are so thrilled to hear that you loved your experience working with us as well! You were a stunning bride and we can't wait to see more pictures!

Jennifer · Married on 03/10/2018

I had such a memorable experience shopping for my wedding dress at Gown Boutique of Charleston. I was able to share the experience with my mom and maid of honor, and it was such a blast! My personal stylist was very professional and friendly. She took the time to understand exactly what I was looking for and helped match my vision of a dress! The material of my dress was high quality, and had beautiful details. The owner was also a joy to work with and took care of me through the whole process from alterations, to after the wedding with cleaning and preservation services. Shopping at Gown Boutique was truly an amazing experience and everything I had imagined it to be! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 04/05/2018
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 17
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 18
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 19

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Jennifer you are too sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words, we are so excited to hear how much you loved your experience with us and your beautiful custom gown! You were an absolute vision on your big day! Congratulations again!

Katie · Married on 02/16/2018

From the moment my mom and I walked into GBC I just new I was going to find my dress. I had seen an Essence of Australia gown that I really liked online and fortunately they had it. It was the first one I tried on and after trying a few others I put it on again and knew it was the one. Janet was so amazing that day and brought out champagne for us to celebrate.
    My bridesmaids also went to GBC to choose their dresses and we had such a good time. All the dresses came in with plenty of time for them to have alterations done.
    I decided to add extra tulle for a little more cleveage coverage and it looked fabulous and custom made for me with in house alterations.
    I loved my dress and had so many guests tell me I looked like a princess. That is exactly how I felt and I’m so happy I chose GBC for my dream dress. I highly recommend them to any bride looking for a gorgeous affordable gown & the complete “say yes to the dress” experience! I’m so happy I was a GBC bride!

Sent on 02/25/2018

Katie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly appreciate your glowing review! We are so happy you had such a great experience with us. We loved helping you and your bridesmaids through the entire process! You all were such a delight every step of the way.

Emily · Married on 02/10/2018

I was fortunate enough to have owner, Terri, helping with my first appointment. She is honest, knowledgeable and an overall lovely lady (as are all of the other women I worked with at Gown Boutique during different appointments/fittings)! If you are looking for quality, service and value... look no further! The best selection at the best price! I could not have been happier with my dress (which was a sample that required A LOT of tailoring, which was done impeccably!), my overall experience, and the wonderful service along the way! Thank you SO much Terri! I will miss seeing you!

Sent on 03/16/2018
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 20
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 21

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

You were the sweetest! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. You looked STUNNING in your gown and we couldn't be happier for you! We will miss seeing you as well make sure to come see us from time to time!

Christina · Married on 10/21/2017

I had an amazing experience working with all of the wonderful ladies at Gown Boutique! I had a very specific dress in mind, and after many days spent searching without finding "the one", they helped me create a beautiful custom gown that brought my vision to life. I would highly recommend this boutique!

Kait · Married on 10/14/2017

Wedding dress shopping had me in a tizzy and I was extremely frustrated until I happened upon the Gown Boutique of Charleston. The owner, Terri, was extremely helpful and very honest. It was only with her guidance that I was able to figure out what dress would be most flattering and express my personality--all within my price range! Additionally, the quality of dresses at the Boutique are far above that of all the dresses I've tried on in other locations, but the prices are more reasonable!

Shelly · Married on 09/23/2017

I can't say enough about what an amazing experience I had at Gown Boutique of Charleston! The owner Terri went above and beyond to make our visit incredible. When I arrived I wasn't sure what I wanted, but she patiently worked with me to find silhouettes that flattered me most AND made me feel great, until I found the PERFECT dress and veil within budget! She is a true pro. I never once felt rushed or pressured, and they have an excellent selection of dresses which were within my modest budget. I have visited other salons and can assure you that this was BY FAR the best experience I had, and a this salon is a step above the rest. The ambiance(trust me- it matters!), dresses, and phenomenal service were top notch. I highly recommend Terri and her team!

Joni · Married on 08/18/2017

Our experience at Gown Boutique could not have been better. My daughter had no idea what style dress she wanted. We made an appointment thinking it would just be a shopping expedition. With Alyna's expert help and guidance, we said, "Yes, to the dress," toasted with bubbly, and booked the next fitting, all within a matter of a few hours. The two fittings were handled effortlessly and knowledgeably. Additionally, my daughter's Maid of Honor and I were taught how to tie the French bustle at the second fitting. My husband picked up the dress the morning of the wedding, and it was pressed to perfection. Cheers to Gown Boutique for a fairytale experience and wedding dress!

Danielle · Married on 07/29/2017

I worked with Alyssa and she was absolutely wonderful! I thought I had a good idea of what I wanted, but she is the one that actually pulled my wedding dress! She has wonderful taste and style, and she was so sweet and kind throughout the entire appointment. I would highly recommend Alyssa and the Gown Boutique to any bride. Thanks agin!

Clarke · Married on 06/10/2017

From the moment you walk in the door you know all your needs will be met. Very professional and helpful and can answer any question. Was not sure what silhouette my daughter should get and they quickly knew what best would work for her. We found the dress and the wait began. When the dress came in, we only needed one fitting and I am from out of town and they accommodated my schedule. We had her veil made with her monogram and it was a stunning job. We had such a good experience that my daughter in law also went to Gown Boutique of Charleston and got the same professional help with her dress. We have recommended these ladies many times and we will continue to do so.

Lisa · Married on 06/03/2017

I am so happy that I found my dress at Gown Boutique! They were amazing to work with and everything with my dress went so smoothly. First, trying on dresses was such a wonderful experience. The boutique is very personal, and you have your own appointment slot so there’s not a ton of other people in the store while you’re trying on dresses. I told my consultant, Jenna, my budget and showed her some pictures of what I wanted and she pulled a dress from a new line out of the back the store within my price range, and I immediately fell in love! After I said yes to my dress, she helped my crew and I celebrate with some delicious champagne. I was lucky enough to purchase my dress during their anniversary sale so my alterations were included. They ordered the dress in the perfect size for me so all I really needed was the dress hemmed and cups added to the breasts. The seamstress, Liz, was amazing and knew exactly what she was doing so she made it a breeze. She designed and created her own wedding dress so I knew I was in good hands! I also found my veil at Gown Boutique, and it went perfectly with my dress. Gown Boutique was able to store my dress and veil until my bridal portrait, and then I was able to drop if off there after that so they could give me my complementary press before the wedding day. I was so thankful that my dress experience was so wonderful because that is one of the most fun parts of being a bride. And I could not have done it without Gown Boutique! Also, Gown Boutique is able to provide recommendations for other wedding vendors if you need some help on who to go with. They’ve got it all!

Victoria · Married on 05/06/2017

I just want to say how pleased I am with the Gown Boutique of Charleston. I started at two other places just because they were in my area and I will say that the Gown Boutique was hands down the best one I visited. I did not once feel rushed or discouraged by any of the workers and the whole process was easy. Terri greeted me with a smile and took her time with me to find the perfect dress. The FIRST dress I tried on was "THE ONE" and we all knew it as soon as I put it on! I can't thank everybody enough for helping me find the perfect dress for my big day :)

Abby · Married on 04/22/2017

Gown Boutique is one of the most popular gown boutiques in Charleston for a reason! For multiple reasons, actually! They have such a huge array of gowns, they are so accommodating to busy schedules, and the professionalism is top-notch - complete with timelines and checklists. Also, their alterations specialist is AMAZING. She is an incredible seamstress with the perfect demeanor for what she does. I was very pleased with Gown Boutique every step of the way.

• Z

Zan · Married on 04/15/2017

After a very unpleasant experience at the first bridal boutique I went to (tiny fitting room, trying to get into the dress by myself and while the lady helping texted on her phone) I was over the dress shopping. I thought it was supposed to be the fun part but I was completely turned off and hated my mom and sister had wasted a trip. I talked to two of my bridesmaids and they said they would come with me whenever I could get appointments. I called two other bridal boutiques and made appointments for the following weekend then I called Gown because they had a Jim Hjelm dress I was eyeing. Thankfully they had an opening that afternoon so we headed to Mt Pleasant. Jessica was amazing from start to finish and after selecting a few dresses I was happy with two and figured I could narrow it down after trying on dresses the following weekend. The. Jessica suggested I try one more...a Martina Liana mix and match top and skirt. As soon as I tried it on I was head over heels in love. That was my dress. We put down the deposit and I cancelled my other appointments. This is how I expected dress shopping to be. Jessica was amazing with helping me into the dresses and suggesting options I probably wouldn't have picked. Hands down every bride should have his experience. Thank you Gown Boutique of Charleston for suggesting my dream dress!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank YOU Zan! it was a pleasure to work with you and we so appreciate your kindness in writing the review. Wish you all of the best! GB of C gals