Gown Boutique of Charleston Reviews

161 | Mount Pleasant, SC

161 Reviews for Gown Boutique of Charleston

161 Gown Boutique of Charleston Reviews

Lacey · Getting married on 04/13/2019

Meghan at Gown Boutique of Charleston was an amazing helper when trying to find the perfect dress for my perfect day! She knew exactly what styles would fit me and could help me see what looked good on my body and what fits didn’t work!! Lots of dresses to choose from with tons of different styles and designers!! Great experience highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Lacey you were wonderful to work with! Thank you for your kind words! We know you're going to be an absolutely stunning bride!
  • User5326141 ·

I only went to one bridal shop for my dress and this was it, because I didn't need to go anywhere else. They brought out exactly what I was looking for and let me take my time to look through all of the dresses, trying on ones I knew I wouldn't get but would hate if I didn't try on. It was so awesome! I absolutely love my dress and everything about Gown Boutique of Charleston.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us so much.

Lindsay · Getting married on 12/14/2018

Stunning dresses and the best service! Gown Boutique of Charleston is everything you could ask for in a bridal gown salon. Terri is very knowledgeable of every dress she has in the store and what would work best for my body. I highly recommend this boutique for every bride, especially when they are having a trunk show!

• Persephaine

Persephaine · Married on 09/02/2018

Wonderful shopping experience. This was the first vendor I visited and ended up finding the perfect dress after only the 2nd try-on. Loved it!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank you Persephaine for you kind words! We are so excited we were able to help you find your perfect gown! We know you looked AMAZING in it and can't wait to see pictures of your special day! Congratulations again!

Rebecca · Married on 07/21/2018

I bought my dress here around Christmas time 2017 for my outdoor Florida wedding in July this year. The consultants here were amazingly intuitive and after I tried on a few dresses, they the best dress I never knew I wanted out of thin air! I got compliments all day long on my unique laser-cut lace wedding dress! Plus it was a cancelled gown so I got it for a steal. Thank you so much for being part of making my special day wonderful!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Rebecca you were an absolute joy! We know you were a stunning bride. Thank you so much for your kind words and for letting us play a role in this special time in your life! We can't wait to see pictures from your big day! Congratulations again!

Savannah · Married on 03/12/2018

GBC was so amazing throughout picking out my dress, helping me piece my perfect Martina Liana separates into a dress made just for me, and all the way through alterations! The owner always remembered me and listened to me vent about wedding problems and checked in to see how things were going. The seamstress is a miracle worker! I cannot praise her enough for the alterations she did, how kind and patient she was, and just overall how well she does her job! I truly loved coming to this bridal salon for alterations and to see the amazing progress on my dress every appointment.

Sent on 04/03/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Savannah we are so ecstatic to hear how much you enjoyed your experience with us! You were truly just an absolute joy to work with and you made such a stunning bride! We absolutely cannot wait to see your pictures!

Bridget · Married on 03/10/2018

Every single one of the people I had the pleasure of working with at Gown Boutique of Charleston went above and beyond expectations. When trying on dresses, they are able to give such valuable insight and helped me to find the dress of my dreams. The alterations were done PERFECTLY and my dress ended up fitting like a glove. We were thrilled to be able to find a veil for my dress during my first fitting. Having this place as a one-stop-shop with so many phenomenal people to work with made wedding dress shopping the easiest and least stressful thing to worry about!

Sent on 03/31/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Bridget you were an absolute joy to work with! We are so thrilled to hear that you loved your experience working with us as well! You were a stunning bride and we can't wait to see more pictures!

Jennifer · Married on 03/10/2018

I had such a memorable experience shopping for my wedding dress at Gown Boutique of Charleston. I was able to share the experience with my mom and maid of honor, and it was such a blast! My personal stylist was very professional and friendly. She took the time to understand exactly what I was looking for and helped match my vision of a dress! The material of my dress was high quality, and had beautiful details. The owner was also a joy to work with and took care of me through the whole process from alterations, to after the wedding with cleaning and preservation services. Shopping at Gown Boutique was truly an amazing experience and everything I had imagined it to be! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 04/05/2018
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 8
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 9
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 10

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Jennifer you are too sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words, we are so excited to hear how much you loved your experience with us and your beautiful custom gown! You were an absolute vision on your big day! Congratulations again!

Katie · Married on 02/16/2018

From the moment my mom and I walked into GBC I just new I was going to find my dress. I had seen an Essence of Australia gown that I really liked online and fortunately they had it. It was the first one I tried on and after trying a few others I put it on again and knew it was the one. Janet was so amazing that day and brought out champagne for us to celebrate.
    My bridesmaids also went to GBC to choose their dresses and we had such a good time. All the dresses came in with plenty of time for them to have alterations done.
    I decided to add extra tulle for a little more cleveage coverage and it looked fabulous and custom made for me with in house alterations.
    I loved my dress and had so many guests tell me I looked like a princess. That is exactly how I felt and I’m so happy I chose GBC for my dream dress. I highly recommend them to any bride looking for a gorgeous affordable gown & the complete “say yes to the dress” experience! I’m so happy I was a GBC bride!

Sent on 02/25/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Katie, Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly appreciate your glowing review! We are so happy you had such a great experience with us. We loved helping you and your bridesmaids through the entire process! You all were such a delight every step of the way.

Emily · Married on 02/10/2018

I was fortunate enough to have owner, Terri, helping with my first appointment. She is honest, knowledgeable and an overall lovely lady (as are all of the other women I worked with at Gown Boutique during different appointments/fittings)! If you are looking for quality, service and value... look no further! The best selection at the best price! I could not have been happier with my dress (which was a sample that required A LOT of tailoring, which was done impeccably!), my overall experience, and the wonderful service along the way! Thank you SO much Terri! I will miss seeing you!

Sent on 03/16/2018
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 11
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 12

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

You were the sweetest! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. You looked STUNNING in your gown and we couldn't be happier for you! We will miss seeing you as well make sure to come see us from time to time!

Christina · Married on 10/21/2017

I had an amazing experience working with all of the wonderful ladies at Gown Boutique! I had a very specific dress in mind, and after many days spent searching without finding "the one", they helped me create a beautiful custom gown that brought my vision to life. I would highly recommend this boutique!

Kait · Married on 10/14/2017

Wedding dress shopping had me in a tizzy and I was extremely frustrated until I happened upon the Gown Boutique of Charleston. The owner, Terri, was extremely helpful and very honest. It was only with her guidance that I was able to figure out what dress would be most flattering and express my personality--all within my price range! Additionally, the quality of dresses at the Boutique are far above that of all the dresses I've tried on in other locations, but the prices are more reasonable!

Shelly · Married on 09/23/2017

I can't say enough about what an amazing experience I had at Gown Boutique of Charleston! The owner Terri went above and beyond to make our visit incredible. When I arrived I wasn't sure what I wanted, but she patiently worked with me to find silhouettes that flattered me most AND made me feel great, until I found the PERFECT dress and veil within budget! She is a true pro. I never once felt rushed or pressured, and they have an excellent selection of dresses which were within my modest budget. I have visited other salons and can assure you that this was BY FAR the best experience I had, and a this salon is a step above the rest. The ambiance(trust me- it matters!), dresses, and phenomenal service were top notch. I highly recommend Terri and her team!

Joni · Married on 08/18/2017

Our experience at Gown Boutique could not have been better. My daughter had no idea what style dress she wanted. We made an appointment thinking it would just be a shopping expedition. With Alyna's expert help and guidance, we said, "Yes, to the dress," toasted with bubbly, and booked the next fitting, all within a matter of a few hours. The two fittings were handled effortlessly and knowledgeably. Additionally, my daughter's Maid of Honor and I were taught how to tie the French bustle at the second fitting. My husband picked up the dress the morning of the wedding, and it was pressed to perfection. Cheers to Gown Boutique for a fairytale experience and wedding dress!

Danielle · Married on 07/29/2017

I worked with Alyssa and she was absolutely wonderful! I thought I had a good idea of what I wanted, but she is the one that actually pulled my wedding dress! She has wonderful taste and style, and she was so sweet and kind throughout the entire appointment. I would highly recommend Alyssa and the Gown Boutique to any bride. Thanks agin!

Clarke · Married on 06/10/2017

From the moment you walk in the door you know all your needs will be met. Very professional and helpful and can answer any question. Was not sure what silhouette my daughter should get and they quickly knew what best would work for her. We found the dress and the wait began. When the dress came in, we only needed one fitting and I am from out of town and they accommodated my schedule. We had her veil made with her monogram and it was a stunning job. We had such a good experience that my daughter in law also went to Gown Boutique of Charleston and got the same professional help with her dress. We have recommended these ladies many times and we will continue to do so.

Lisa · Married on 06/03/2017

I am so happy that I found my dress at Gown Boutique! They were amazing to work with and everything with my dress went so smoothly. First, trying on dresses was such a wonderful experience. The boutique is very personal, and you have your own appointment slot so there’s not a ton of other people in the store while you’re trying on dresses. I told my consultant, Jenna, my budget and showed her some pictures of what I wanted and she pulled a dress from a new line out of the back the store within my price range, and I immediately fell in love! After I said yes to my dress, she helped my crew and I celebrate with some delicious champagne. I was lucky enough to purchase my dress during their anniversary sale so my alterations were included. They ordered the dress in the perfect size for me so all I really needed was the dress hemmed and cups added to the breasts. The seamstress, Liz, was amazing and knew exactly what she was doing so she made it a breeze. She designed and created her own wedding dress so I knew I was in good hands! I also found my veil at Gown Boutique, and it went perfectly with my dress. Gown Boutique was able to store my dress and veil until my bridal portrait, and then I was able to drop if off there after that so they could give me my complementary press before the wedding day. I was so thankful that my dress experience was so wonderful because that is one of the most fun parts of being a bride. And I could not have done it without Gown Boutique! Also, Gown Boutique is able to provide recommendations for other wedding vendors if you need some help on who to go with. They’ve got it all!

Victoria · Married on 05/06/2017

I just want to say how pleased I am with the Gown Boutique of Charleston. I started at two other places just because they were in my area and I will say that the Gown Boutique was hands down the best one I visited. I did not once feel rushed or discouraged by any of the workers and the whole process was easy. Terri greeted me with a smile and took her time with me to find the perfect dress. The FIRST dress I tried on was "THE ONE" and we all knew it as soon as I put it on! I can't thank everybody enough for helping me find the perfect dress for my big day :)

Abby · Married on 04/22/2017

Gown Boutique is one of the most popular gown boutiques in Charleston for a reason! For multiple reasons, actually! They have such a huge array of gowns, they are so accommodating to busy schedules, and the professionalism is top-notch - complete with timelines and checklists. Also, their alterations specialist is AMAZING. She is an incredible seamstress with the perfect demeanor for what she does. I was very pleased with Gown Boutique every step of the way.

• Z

Zan · Married on 04/15/2017

After a very unpleasant experience at the first bridal boutique I went to (tiny fitting room, trying to get into the dress by myself and while the lady helping texted on her phone) I was over the dress shopping. I thought it was supposed to be the fun part but I was completely turned off and hated my mom and sister had wasted a trip. I talked to two of my bridesmaids and they said they would come with me whenever I could get appointments. I called two other bridal boutiques and made appointments for the following weekend then I called Gown because they had a Jim Hjelm dress I was eyeing. Thankfully they had an opening that afternoon so we headed to Mt Pleasant. Jessica was amazing from start to finish and after selecting a few dresses I was happy with two and figured I could narrow it down after trying on dresses the following weekend. The. Jessica suggested I try one more...a Martina Liana mix and match top and skirt. As soon as I tried it on I was head over heels in love. That was my dress. We put down the deposit and I cancelled my other appointments. This is how I expected dress shopping to be. Jessica was amazing with helping me into the dresses and suggesting options I probably wouldn't have picked. Hands down every bride should have his experience. Thank you Gown Boutique of Charleston for suggesting my dream dress!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank YOU Zan! it was a pleasure to work with you and we so appreciate your kindness in writing the review. Wish you all of the best! GB of C gals

Laura · Married on 04/15/2017

My experience with the Gown Boutique was AMAZING! I was so impressed with every step of the process! I went into about 4-5 different bridal shops when I began my dress search, and immediately the Gown Boutique struck me as the nicest and most well-run boutique of those that I visited in Charleston. I was immediately welcomed and they worked hard to find gowns that may work for me and my vision of what I wanted! They made suggestions and gave me some dresses that I wouldn't have picked up myself, and I ended up falling COMPLETELY in love with my gown the first day of looking! I didn't want to take the gown off and knew right then that it was the one! I bought my gown almost a year and a half in advance, and never had a single issue. They were very responsive anytime I wanted to come try it on, and were super helpful every step of the way! The tailor who did all of my alterations along the way was AMAZING and my dress literally fit like a GLOVE on the day of the wedding. She was willing to work with me on whatever I wanted, and did AMAZING work! All of the girls working at the shop were so sweet and lovely to work with!! I can't say enough about them, and especially about the alterations they did! I was amazing with what she was able to do for me, and my dress couldn't have been more perfect! They all clearly know what they're doing, and have experience in the bridal industry that shows in every step of the process! My dress was beautifully pressed and ready for my wedding day and they helped us get it into the car just perfectly so it would be perfect for my wedding day! Love, love, love!! Would recommend them SO highly and they have such a range of dresses and accessories available! My dress was affordable, but I knew I got amazing quality from the Gown Boutique and couldn't have been happier with my choice!

Terri · Married on 04/07/2017

Gown Boutique was an amazing experience when trying to find my dress! The boutique is beatiful and provided a private and lovely experience when trying on dresses. They were great in helping me to find the perfect dress for my figure and I fell in love with the dress I said yes to. I also used Gown Boutique for alterations and they were amazing and very helpful with each step of the process! I would highly recommend this boutique for anyone!

Sent on 04/22/2017

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Terri thank you so much for your kind words! We so enjoyed working with you, t was an honor to be a part of this very special time.

Lauryn · Married on 03/25/2017

I can't say enough about the wonderful experience I had at Gown Boutique. Jessica was my consultant and she was so helpful, she listened and she made the process fun and easy. Liz did my alterations and she was so good and professional. They were so helpful from start to finish. I am beyond grateful for how easy they made finding the perfect dress for my wedding.

Rebecca · Married on 03/25/2017

All of the ladies at the Gown Boutique are wonderful!! Every step of the way, they were all so kind and helpful in helping me find my dream dress. Janet was fabulous, and she knew exactly what I was looking for after talking to me for a few minutes. I found my dress on my first visit and after trying on only 5 dresses. It was absolutely perfect. My bridesmaids got their dresses from the shop as well and they were all extremely satisfied. Liz in alterations was so patient and kind and really took her time to make sure that my dress was perfect. I could not have asked for a better experience! Thank you all!!