Gown Boutique of Charleston Reviews

Gown Boutique of Charleston 7
  • Hailey

Hailey Leistner · Getting married on 10/24/2020

absolutely AMAZING!!!

i went in looking for my first time and they blew me away. the service was amazing they all made me feel beautiful even the ladies that weren’t assigned to me!! they listen to every detail , watch your mood to each dress and make you feel comfortable in your own skin. !!!! absolutely loved it

Sent on 07/26/2019
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 8
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 9

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much for shopping with us! You and your crew were so fun to work with. Your dress is perfect! We can't wait to see photos of your special day. Congrats again!
  • Hannah

Hannah Brandel · Getting married on 06/14/2020

Amazing experience!

From the very first call I made to Gown Boutique of Charleston, I was very impressed with their exceptional customer service!! They were extremely accommodating and welcoming to my large entourage (6 people). Cierra took the time to meet everyone, learn about my wedding, and get an idea of what I was looking for in a gown. I’m pretty indecisive, and I wasn’t set on a particular style, so I was open to trying several types of gowns. Each time I would come out to show a gown, Cierra would ask if there was something I didn’t like. Based on my feedback, she would find another gown to try. I ended up falling in LOVE with a dress in a style completely different than what I thought I would end up with! We celebrated with complimentary champagne and pictures, and I was able to leave with my dress in hand because it was a sample sale dress (big win!). I had a wonderful experience, and I highly recommend visiting Gown Boutique of Charleston!!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Hannah! We loved working with you and your friends and family! Y'all were a blast. We can't wait for you to say "I Do!" and to see how gorgeous your photos are in paradise! Thank you for including us in your special day!
  • Kayla

Kayla · Getting married on 05/30/2020

Phenomenal!!

I could not recommend Janet and Gown Boutique more. The atmosphere is bright and fun while still holding a professional and luxurious feel! Janet truly helped me find my dream dress from Stella York and I am over the moon! If you’re in the market for a dress, go here FIRST! You won’t regret it.

Sent on 02/18/2019

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Kayla! You were so sweet and wonderful to work with, we know you are going to be a beautiful bride!

Kristin Cymbor · Getting married on 12/06/2019

Dream Experience

The Gown Boutique of Charleston was the best dress experience! From the time I walked in the door, I was greeted and asked about the details of my wedding. After mentioning my style was all over the place, the ladies at the Gown Boutique reviewed my Pinterest board and help customized my experience based on the common themes. They helped me narrow down my ideas, and helped me to not only find the dress of my dreams, but also find my bridesmaids dresses! Thank you for helping me make my Winter Wonderland theme a reality!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Kristin we are so thrilled you chose us to find your perfect gown! We know you are going to be absolutely stunning on your big day. Your ladies will be beautiful as well standing next to you! Congratulations again and thank you so much for your kind words!
  • Hailey

Hailey · Married on 10/19/2019

Best dress experience by far!

In February, I went dress shopping for my wedding dress. I went to another place in the morning and the service was not great. THEN I went to the Gown Boutique. Let me just say I should have gone here first. The girls worked with me calling multiple times to change the time of my appointment with no issues. When I got there, I was greeted by a beautiful welcome sign with my name on it (and all the other brides coming in). Janet was the consultant helping my friend and I. I explained my dream dress and showed her pictures of ones I like. She went to the back and brought back either 5 or 6 BEAUTIFUL dresses. Janet helped me try all of them on while the other consultants complimented me in these dresses. The last dress I tried on was the one, it had all of the things that I wanted in a dress. It was perfect and I think my overall experience at this store made my love for my dress even more real. Janet is amazing and I would recommend seeing her! The other girls that work there are so awesome and nice too! No matter who you see, you'll be in great hands and have a wonderful experience!

Sent on 04/25/2019

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Haley you are so sweet! we absolutely love having you as a bride and can't wait to see how gorgeous you are on your big day!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/18/2019

LOVE Gown Boutique of Charleston!

I just bought my wedding dress from Gown Boutique of Charleston and had a GREAT experience! I was very upfront about my budget being on the low end (under $1,000). They were so mindful of that and were still able to put me in plenty of dresses (sample dresses that are bought as is) under what I was wanting to pay. And I loved every single dress! The sample dresses were all in great condition. Meghan was a pleasure to work with - very kind, patient, calm, and sweet! She let me select a few dresses to try on, and she pulled dresses based on what I thought I liked / feedback from the dresses I was trying on. I went back a few days after my intial appointment to try on one of the dresses that I couldn't stop thinking about (off of the sample rack) and while contemplating between that dress and another dress from a different store, they offered me an additional discount which was so nice - I still cannot believe I got such a great deal on such a beautiful dress. Such a fun, easy, and comfortable experience. 10/10 recommend!

Sent on 05/09/2019
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 10

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Jessica! We loved working with you. Thank you so much for all the kind words! We are so happy that we get to be apart of your very special day. You are going to be a beautiful bride!

KESHA · Married on 08/10/2019

Fun, easy and memorable

My wife and I are a lesbian couple and we wanted to shop for our dresses on the same day but we didn’t want to see each other. They went out of their way to accommodate us and we both said yes to the dress. The staff is so friendly and welcoming. I highly recommended that you make this shop your first and last stop like we did.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kesha! We loved helping the both of you find your wedding dresses! Y'all were a pleasure to work with. Congrats on recently saying "I DO!" We can't wait to see your photos. xoxo
  • Megan

Megan Rhoads · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing!!!

I cannot say enough good things about Gown Boutique of Charleston. Janet was amazing and helped me (one of the most indecisive people ever) find the perfect wedding dress! She was so kind, professional, and in tune with what I liked and what I didn’t like. She made the whole process of finding my wedding gown easy and enjoyable and I can’t thank her enough!

Sent on 11/23/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Megan you are so sweet! Thank you so much for allowing us to help you find your perfect gown! We are honored to play a part in your special day.

Lauren Halter · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing amazing place!

I found my dream dress here and the staff could not have been more amazing! They were welcoming, professional and encouraging while respecting the budget I had set. They were also very accommodating for the large party I had brought with me. The entire staff made the entire experience exactly what I had imagined!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Lauren we are so excited for you! We know you are going to be an absolutely stunning bride and we can't wait for pictures from your big day! Thank you so much for your kind words!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 04/27/2019

Look no further

Whatever style of dress you are looking for, look no further than Gown Boutique of Charleston. I tried on many types of dresses in the boutique, and if you can't find THE one? They can do custom. While I was trying on many dresses, Janet was so patient and listened to exactly what I liked/ did not like about EVERY dress before finding the next one to put me in. This process culminated into her finding me the perfect gown! The staff also checked on my group, making sure they had everything the needed. From start (finding the one) to finish (gown cleaning and preservation), GBC has everything you need. My advice? Go here, and trust the staff.

Sent on 05/22/2019
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 11
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 12
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 13

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

You were such a stunning bride, Emily! We loved working with you and helping you find your dream gown. Thank you for your kind words and for allowing us to be a part of your special day!

Lacey · Married on 04/13/2019

Meghan at Gown Boutique of Charleston was an amazing helper when trying to find the perfect dress for my perfect day! She knew exactly what styles would fit me and could help me see what looked good on my body and what fits didn’t work!! Lots of dresses to choose from with tons of different styles and designers!! Great experience highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Lacey you were wonderful to work with! Thank you for your kind words! We know you're going to be an absolutely stunning bride!
  • User5326141 · Recently married

I only went to one bridal shop for my dress and this was it, because I didn't need to go anywhere else. They brought out exactly what I was looking for and let me take my time to look through all of the dresses, trying on ones I knew I wouldn't get but would hate if I didn't try on. It was so awesome! I absolutely love my dress and everything about Gown Boutique of Charleston.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us so much.
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 03/30/2019

Awesome Dress Selection

I bought my dress and bridesmaid dresses from GBC. They were very accommodating especially when I was going to need a rush on my slip for my first gown fitting. The dress selection was great and I only had to go to one store!

Sent on 04/14/2019

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

It was such a pleasure to work with you Elizabeth! Thank you for such a sweet review! We hope you had the best day, and we know you looked amazing!
  • Aly

Aly Charles · Married on 03/23/2019

Perfect and amazing

There aren’t enough words I could use to describe how amazing my experience was and how amazing the staff is. The thought of shopping for my dream wedding dress stressed me out to no end, I am plus size and not many shops have a good selection for us curvy gals. Their plus size selection was incredible, every silhouette you could think of and dresses with a wide variety of different detailing. Janet, my consultant, made it so easy. We broke down my likes and dislikes for each gown until we found the perfect one for me. The store itself is so beautiful and clean, there are so many gowns to look at and choose from. All of the workers that I interacted with were extremely genuine and knowledgeable. I could keep going on about my pleasant experience, but I think anybody in need of shopping for a wedding dress or bridesmaid dress should go see for themselves. You won’t be disappointed, and personally I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 03/25/2019

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much Aly! We absolutely LOVED working with you and cannot wait to see your photos!! Congratulations again!!

Lindsay · Married on 12/14/2018

Stunning dresses and the best service! Gown Boutique of Charleston is everything you could ask for in a bridal gown salon. Terri is very knowledgeable of every dress she has in the store and what would work best for my body. I highly recommend this boutique for every bride, especially when they are having a trunk show!

Sent on 01/27/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Lindsay! We know you'll be a beautiful bride on your special day very soon! We can't wait to see pictures!
  • Brittany

Brittany Jackson · Married on 12/08/2018

Best gown boutique. Great service & personable.

I cannot put into words how great my experience was at Gown Boutique. They were nothing but professional and personable from the day I found my dress in November 2017 to our wedding in December 2018. Janet was awesome. Janet helped me find my gown. I was open minded and showed her pictures of what I thought was beautiful. She chose a variety of the best gowns for me to choose from. She kept me in my price range but also found the most beautiful gown for our big day. If I could wear it everyday I would. Their gown selection is beautiful. Alterations at Gown Boutique is the way to go. My gown fit perfect on our wedding day. They even reviewed how to bustle the gown and suggested we video the bustling. It was a great guide. This was the only bridal boutique I went to because they were so great. They put my visions as a bride into perspective and helped me find the perfect gown. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 14
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 15

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words brittany! You were absolutely stunning on your big day and an absolute joy to work with! We can't wait to see more pictures!

Kendall · Married on 12/01/2018

My Cinderella Moment

As a plus size bride I got sick at the thought of trying on wedding gowns. The first place I went to made me feel like a peasant that wasn't worthy of trying on any of their gowns, nor were many of them even offered to me. I had fallen in love with the picture of one gown in particular, but also knew I was open to trying on other things and that I may end up hating what I thought I loved. Gown Boutique treated me like a bride, they had the exact dress I loved not in my size but insisted we try it anyways even though I was scared it would tear or rip. I hated it, but they didn't stop there; anything that caught my eye, they pulled and put me into with care and respect. I found a gorgeous Stella York dress and we added the perfect cap sleeves and jeweled belt to make it unique and just for me! I could not have asked for a better experience and I can not thank Gown Boutique of Charleston and all of their girls enough!

Sent on 02/21/2019

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Kendall! It was such a pleasure to work with you. We appreciate your kind words. You were a STUNNING bride! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of such a special day.

Hope · Married on 11/03/2018

Unforgettable. In love.

Not only did Gown Boutique fit me in for an appointment as soon as possible, they stayed focused on my budget and wants during the appointment. They helped me advocate for myself when it came to a dress I was in love with, and went above and beyond to find "the dress". It initially looked very different, but their in-house seamstress/tailor totally made it into my dream dress. Wedding planning was not easy, and they made this step so so smooth and love filled. My husband LOVED it when he saw it! Absolute dream dress. THANK YOU!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Hope thank you so much for your kind words! You were absolutely gorgeous in your gown and we are so glad that your husband loved it too! You were such a joy to work with and we cannot WAIT to see more photos! Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!
  • Persephaine

Persephaine · Married on 09/02/2018

Wonderful shopping experience. This was the first vendor I visited and ended up finding the perfect dress after only the 2nd try-on. Loved it!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Thank you Persephaine for you kind words! We are so excited we were able to help you find your perfect gown! We know you looked AMAZING in it and can't wait to see pictures of your special day! Congratulations again!

Rebecca · Married on 07/21/2018

I bought my dress here around Christmas time 2017 for my outdoor Florida wedding in July this year. The consultants here were amazingly intuitive and after I tried on a few dresses, they the best dress I never knew I wanted out of thin air! I got compliments all day long on my unique laser-cut lace wedding dress! Plus it was a cancelled gown so I got it for a steal. Thank you so much for being part of making my special day wonderful!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Rebecca you were an absolute joy! We know you were a stunning bride. Thank you so much for your kind words and for letting us play a role in this special time in your life! We can't wait to see pictures from your big day! Congratulations again!

Savannah · Married on 03/12/2018

GBC was so amazing throughout picking out my dress, helping me piece my perfect Martina Liana separates into a dress made just for me, and all the way through alterations! The owner always remembered me and listened to me vent about wedding problems and checked in to see how things were going. The seamstress is a miracle worker! I cannot praise her enough for the alterations she did, how kind and patient she was, and just overall how well she does her job! I truly loved coming to this bridal salon for alterations and to see the amazing progress on my dress every appointment.

Sent on 04/03/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Savannah we are so ecstatic to hear how much you enjoyed your experience with us! You were truly just an absolute joy to work with and you made such a stunning bride! We absolutely cannot wait to see your pictures!

Bridget · Married on 03/10/2018

Every single one of the people I had the pleasure of working with at Gown Boutique of Charleston went above and beyond expectations. When trying on dresses, they are able to give such valuable insight and helped me to find the dress of my dreams. The alterations were done PERFECTLY and my dress ended up fitting like a glove. We were thrilled to be able to find a veil for my dress during my first fitting. Having this place as a one-stop-shop with so many phenomenal people to work with made wedding dress shopping the easiest and least stressful thing to worry about!

Sent on 03/31/2018

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Bridget you were an absolute joy to work with! We are so thrilled to hear that you loved your experience working with us as well! You were a stunning bride and we can't wait to see more pictures!

Jennifer · Married on 03/10/2018

I had such a memorable experience shopping for my wedding dress at Gown Boutique of Charleston. I was able to share the experience with my mom and maid of honor, and it was such a blast! My personal stylist was very professional and friendly. She took the time to understand exactly what I was looking for and helped match my vision of a dress! The material of my dress was high quality, and had beautiful details. The owner was also a joy to work with and took care of me through the whole process from alterations, to after the wedding with cleaning and preservation services. Shopping at Gown Boutique was truly an amazing experience and everything I had imagined it to be! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 04/05/2018
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 23
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 24
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 25

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

Jennifer you are too sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words, we are so excited to hear how much you loved your experience with us and your beautiful custom gown! You were an absolute vision on your big day! Congratulations again!

Katie · Married on 02/16/2018

From the moment my mom and I walked into GBC I just new I was going to find my dress. I had seen an Essence of Australia gown that I really liked online and fortunately they had it. It was the first one I tried on and after trying a few others I put it on again and knew it was the one. Janet was so amazing that day and brought out champagne for us to celebrate.
    My bridesmaids also went to GBC to choose their dresses and we had such a good time. All the dresses came in with plenty of time for them to have alterations done.
    I decided to add extra tulle for a little more cleveage coverage and it looked fabulous and custom made for me with in house alterations.
    I loved my dress and had so many guests tell me I looked like a princess. That is exactly how I felt and I’m so happy I chose GBC for my dream dress. I highly recommend them to any bride looking for a gorgeous affordable gown & the complete “say yes to the dress” experience! I’m so happy I was a GBC bride!

Sent on 02/25/2018

Katie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly appreciate your glowing review! We are so happy you had such a great experience with us. We loved helping you and your bridesmaids through the entire process! You all were such a delight every step of the way.

Emily · Married on 02/10/2018

I was fortunate enough to have owner, Terri, helping with my first appointment. She is honest, knowledgeable and an overall lovely lady (as are all of the other women I worked with at Gown Boutique during different appointments/fittings)! If you are looking for quality, service and value... look no further! The best selection at the best price! I could not have been happier with my dress (which was a sample that required A LOT of tailoring, which was done impeccably!), my overall experience, and the wonderful service along the way! Thank you SO much Terri! I will miss seeing you!

Sent on 03/16/2018
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 26
    Gown Boutique of Charleston 27

Gown Boutique of Charleston's reply:

You were the sweetest! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. You looked STUNNING in your gown and we couldn't be happier for you! We will miss seeing you as well make sure to come see us from time to time!