Goodrich Gourmet Catering Richmond Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Lisa L. Married on 10/16/2021

Goodrich Gourmet is amazing!

I can not thank Goodrich Gourmet enough! The team that worked my daughters wedding was unbelievable!! From the moment they arrived on site to the end of the event they were awesome. Friendly, hard working, and wanted to make sure everything was good for us all the way through. The food was wonderful!! The bartenders were excellent! There were 3 couples newly engaged at my daughters wedding and they all got information about Goodrich before the night ended. Can’t thank you enough Goodrich Gourmet!
  • Brooke
    Brooke S. Married on 08/14/2021

The food was fantastic!

The staff was so helpful and such a blessing. We enjoyed having them there for our big day!!!
    I highly recommend them and the bartenders sweet tea !!!!!
    Meredith Married on 06/26/2021

Tasteful Wedding with Goodrich Gourmet

Great food was at the top of our must haves for our wedding and we did extensive research on vendors before finding Goodrich Gourmet. From the very beginning of our experience with Lauren and the team, we were blown away by the taste, depth of their menu, and the attention that we received. Lauren worked closely with us to craft the perfect cocktail hour and wedding dinner menu that had our guests raving all night. She also worked us to create his and hers signature cocktails that were the talk of the reception. While we ultimately chose not to do late night food, Lauren had no shortage of options to choose from and, like all of our yearlong interacts, was always patient and accommodating through our endless inquiries. The whole staff were great and treated every one of our guests like family. We could not recommend Goodrich Gourmet enough.
  • Woojin
    Woojin A. Married on 05/23/2021

So glad I went with this vendor

Catering was one of the most important vendor for us because we had a small wedding and wanted to treat our guests with some quality dish. I'm so glad I choose Goodrich Catering. Nic is so professional and easy to reach out. The whole process of choosing our perfect dish was very easy and they were willing to meet our personal requests. The plating was so beautiful and looked fancy. You will not regret with this vendor team. Highly recommended!
  • Coral
    Coral Married on 10/31/2020

The food stole the show at my wedding

I found Goodrich by searching for the top-rated catering company within our budget. I reached out early (like a year and half before my wedding), but they seemed to understand that because we are both teachers we had to do things over summer breaks. The wealth of information available on their websites made it easy to have a plan and an approximate cost before I reached out, and made it even easier to go back and forth with Beth as we figured out the perfect details. The tasting made it impossible for us to say no. When Beth found out we were having a Halloween wedding at the Edgar Allan Poe Museum, she decorated the tasting room to match from her own things. The food is DIVINE. They sent us home from the tasting with leftovers and we devoured them. At the wedding, the food stole the show from everything else. Because it was later in the evening, we had appetizers set up in the "wedding" space before the ceremony for our guests to enjoy and boy did they. Please, please, request the kicked up ham biscuits. They are addictive but perfect. The rest of the dinner was set up off to the side buffet style. Their COVID protocols were sound, well enforced, and everything still went off without a hitch that everyone ate their fill. No one went home hungry and people are still talking about the food, especially the kicked-up ham bisuits! They even gave my husband and I a beautiful picnic basket full of leftovers that we happily devoured that night and the next afternoon for lunch on our way home from the wedding.
    We budgeted almost 50% of our entire budget for food, but they were still extremely reasonable and 100% worth it!
    Ann Married on 10/03/2020

Exceptional Service and Excellent Food

From beginning to end, Goodrich proved to be an excellent choice as the catering team for my daughter's wedding. The menu choices were great and a good value - and the execution was delicious. Lauren, Nic and their team were attentive and helpful - and went above and beyond to ensure that we were pleased with every detail. The venue was spotless and all rentals carefully organized for pickup when I returned the next day to pick up personal items. I highly recommend Goodrich.
  • Ashton
    Ashton F. Married on 10/03/2020

A COVID wedding saver

At about 65 days out we realized our wedding as planned would not be able to happen and looked to move to another venue with this new location did not provide catering that’s when we found Goodrich. They were great at answering all of our questions, assuring us of COVID procedures, recommending other vendors to help with our change, and had the best food! Lauren and Nic were both delightful to work with and all of our guests raves about the service staff and food!
    Jessie S. Married on 10/02/2020

Fantastic Catering!

Goodrich Gourmet was wonderful to work with for my wedding. The food was amazing and the staff were very professional and friendly to our guests. My contact (Beth) always put my mind at ease and was happy to answer any questions during the planning process. I highly recommend them for your wedding or special event!
  • Maggie
    Maggie B. Married on 09/13/2020

Wedding Dreams Come True!

Goodrich Gourmet was fantastic to work with from beginning to end! They have a huge list of food options that will surely be fit for any event. I might be biased, but everything was incredibly delicious. We go SO many compliments about the food from our guests. We had 3 plated meal options, and all of the food came out quick and hot. The process for renting place settings and linens was extremely easy and there were so many options to choose from. Besides the food being fantastic, the best part of Goodrich was how attentive and helpful the staff was during our wedding. And all of this for extremely reasonable pricing! I would recommend Goodrich Gourmet over and over!
  • Morgan
    Morgan H. Married on 08/28/2020

Highly recommend!!

We cannot recommend Goodrich Gourmet Catering enough. Lauren and her team truly brought our food vision to life, it was above and beyond what we could have ever imagined!! From the hors d'oeuvres, to the chip and guac bar, to the entire dinner, everything was delicious! All of our guests had nothing but AMAZING things to say about the food and staff! Everyone loved the mashed potato and chip bars!

The wait and bar staff were such a pleasure to work with, they were extremely hospitable and went above and beyond to ensure we had everything we needed. We did not go hungry or thirsty!!!
  • Karin
    Karin W. Married on 06/13/2020

Exceptional food and service

We had an amazing experience with Lauren of Goodrich Catering! We were planning our daughters wedding from Orlando, Florida and she was extremely helpful in all aspects of planning! Very thorough and made suggestions when I could save money! We had SO many guests compliment us on the dinner! We did a Buffett and it was exceptional! Would highly recommend the Lamb! It was amazing! Servers were all polite and well mannered and you could tell they had been with Lauren and company for a while! We had rain so it meant a lot of moving of things under the tent at Keswick and they did an amazing job! Would Highly recommend!!
  • Julia
    Julia V. Married on 01/19/2020

Quality, quantity and overall 10 out of 10!

Highly recommend Goodrich for Carter’s great needs. We had a cocktail hour with appetizers followed by family style dinner with beer and wine bar. The food was phenomenal very filling and they cooked it at our venue! The service staff was very attentive and friendly. Lauren came to our venue to make sure everything ran smoothly, she was so communicative and always got back to me with questions about tableware and random things I would forget to ask until a Month out. The most important thing for us was that we had a budget And Lauren worked so hard to help us meet that. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience!
  • Joanne
    Joanne Married on 10/05/2019

Scrumptious!!

Our guests are still raving about the delicious food provided by Goodrich Gourmet Catering Company! The presentation was beautiful. The hors d'oeuvres, salad and main courses were absolutely incredible. The family style service was a delight. Such a helpful and friendly group of folks. Highly recommend!!
  • Kelly
    Kelly G. Married on 10/05/2019

The best intersection of delicious, affordability, and service!

My husband and I loved working with Lauren and her team at Goodrich! We decided to have a buffet - chicken, brisket, potatoes, veggies - and our guests absolutely loved the food! From our initial tasting to our wedding day, everything was seamless with Goodrich. Lauren always offered advice when we needed it, and it made decision making so easy. Her team is professional, the food is delicious, and I would recommend Goodrich to any couple planning a wedding!
  • Kayla
    Kayla M. Married on 09/28/2019

Wonderful Caterer

Goodrich Gourmet was nothing slight of spectacular! From the beginning they were extremely organized which made planning a wedding from out of town easier. We thought we had to make some last-minute changes which was stressful but Lauren Goodrich calmly reassured us everything was fine which was helpful during a hectic month. Then when it came to the wedding day the Goodrich Gourmet staff was the sweetest and most attentive people we could have asked for! Everything tasted phenomenal and they set up the tables better than I could have imagined! I am forever thankful for the Goodrich Gourmet staff that was at our wedding and rehearsal!
    Dawn Married on 12/09/2018

Foodie Fantasy Come True!

On the only snow day in December, this great team came out to my venue and served up the best tasting food I've ever had at a wedding!! Thank you to Lauren and her amazing staff, they made sure everything was fresh, delicious and everyone of my guests commented on how great the food tasted!!! Everything from the Beef Burgundy, the Grilled Salmon, the Shrimp and Grits, everything was so delicious!! Excellent choice and would gladly use again!!
  • Maddy
    Maddy Married on 10/13/2018

professional & delicious

from our first tasting with lauren & the goodrich team, we knew they were the real deal. they even created samples of our signature cocktails, using unique ingredients like the NC-based soda cheerwine and strips of bacon for a bacon old-fashioned. lauren was nothing but professional, prompt, and eager to serve. the stations they made on the wedding day itself were delicious, filling, and hot. goodrich worked with us as we went through several iterations of beverage packages, and the bartenders the day-of were polite & enthusiastic. I specifically remember lauren telling me I looked beautiful when they brought us in to cut the cake, and that small interaction sticks to me even this day 18 months later. thank you, goodrich gourmet!
    Chelsea Married on 10/06/2018
    I am a wedding planner in Richmond, Virginia, and believe me when I say Goodrich Gourmet exemplifies excellent customer service and provides the finest wedding cuisine. Offering options for every palate and using their many years of experience in the industry, Goodrich creates custom recommendations for each client to ensure the best experience possible. Lauren, Sheila and the rest of the team will work tirelessly for you, no matter the circumstances. This catering company does so much more than just make delicious food! Look no further for the perfect fit for your event's catering needs.
    Stephanie Married on 09/01/2018
    We recently got married and Goodrich gourmet was one of our vendors. They did an amazing job! I had guests throughout the night and after our wedding tell us it was the best wedding food they have ever had! They kept our glasses full the whole night and continuously checked on us. The whole staff was very professional and attentive. Highly recommend Goodrich gourmet!!
    Christine Married on 06/09/2018
    It was effortless working with them and the food was delicious. We were so happy with how everything turned out. The day of they wanted to make sure that we didn't have to worry about anything and made sure that what we wanted they could accommodate for. We are so glad that we hired them and definitely an amazing catering company.
    Gina Married on 05/06/2018
    Goodrich Gourmet Catering did a wonderful job catering our son's wedding. From the planning process to the end of the evening, they didn't miss a beat. Lauren Goodrich has a wonderful team working with her. They were all professional, very capable, and very friendly. Goodrich provided all of our linens and table ware, and the tables looked beautiful. They worked with us on dietary restrictions of guests and provided delicious alternates. Our guests raved about the delicious food, and Goodrich also provided a hamper of goodies to the bride and groom when they left for the evening. From the beginning of planning to the end of the evening, I can't think of a single thing they could have done better. I highly recommend Goodrich Gourmet Catering for Lauren's calm, capable manner, her attention to detail, and the staff she's assembled...not to mention the amazing food they make!
    Brettany Married on 04/14/2018
    Lauren and her team were an absolute dream to work with! They are EXTREMELY professional and the food is absolutely DELICIOUS! They have so many different varieties to meet everyone's needs and wants (including food allergies). Due to the size of our wedding (250+), Lauren suggested we do family style. Best decision we ever made! Our guests loved this style as it was different from the traditional buffet style. Throughout the entire wedding they constantly checked on my husband and I and all of our guests. They paid close attention to details and went above and beyond the entire night. They even sent us home with a surprise picnic basket of all the food from our wedding + extra cake. It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen as we were not expecting that AT ALL. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making our wedding the best day EVER!!!! We love you guys so much! Can't wait to see you in December for our friends' wedding - Erin & James!
    Shelley Married on 11/11/2017
    Goodrich Gourmet was our caterer for our wedding on 11/11/17. They were amazing! The company is great to work with and the food was delicious! Everyone kept telling us how great it was the whole night. They were very professional, friendly, and accommodating. They were flexible with any changes we wanted to make to our menu.The entire staff was great!
    Linda Married on 11/11/2017
    Goodrich Gourmet catered my daughters wedding earlier this month. They were very professional, prompt, and helpful from start to finish. In addition to the food and drinks they provided table linens, place settings and glassware. Tables were set up exactly as we discussed and everything was wonderful. The food on the wedding day was delicious! Our guests loved the food and I would definitely recommend this company!