Good Food Catering Reviews

1 User photo

• Future Mrs. Shanahan

Megan McGill · Getting married on 04/11/2020

Amazing tasting experience

We did our tasting this past Friday and the food was delicious! We had difficulty deciding because all of the entrees were cooked perfectly and in delicious sauces. We especially loved the pimento cheese and fried green tomato appetizer. So excited for our guests to experience this food! The tasting was fun, flexible and stress-free. Highly recommend for any event!

Sent on 12/17/2019
  • Amy

Amy Stroud · Married on 11/09/2019

Great Wedding Caterer!

We are so happy we chose Good Food Catering for our wedding! Jenna was very helpful throughout the process, including listening to our feedback when choosing the dishes, to accommodating our needs when we had last minute adjustments to our head count. The food for both the cocktail hour and reception were delicious, and we received compliments from all of our guests. For the cocktail hour, we chose pulled pork on a johnny cake, lobster rolls, goat cheese stuffed date wrapped with bacon, fried green tomatoes, and shrimp on a chip. For the reception, we chose pecan crusted chicken with succotash, shrimp and grits, and beef tenderloin with asparagus and potatoes. Everything was perfect. We highly recommend choosing Good Food Catering for your wedding!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Sara · Married on 05/26/2019

Excellent food at my wedding

This caterer is required if you book an event at the Historic Rice Mill. I must admit I wasn’t too excited to hear that I didn’t have flexibility in choosing a caterer, but I must say that the food at our wedding was exceptional. The hors deurves were soooo good. Fried green tomatoes were my favorite! And I really enjoyed the entrees and dessert as well!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 01/19/2019

Amazing food!

I could not have asked for better food! The fried chicken, cornbread, mac and cheese, and fried green tomatoes were delicious. The servers were very attentive as well.

Sent on 01/22/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Jackson · Married on 12/08/2018

Great Food!! Variety of Choices

Good Food Catering was awesome at our reception at the Rice Mill. We chose she crab soup, bacon wrapped sweet potatoes, and mini crab cakes as passed hors d'oeuvres. We had shrimp & grits, BBQ, and taco station that were chef attended. We also had mini chicken biscuits as a late night snack. All the food was amazing. The guests loved it. Presentation was beautiful & tasty!

Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 09/29/2018

Eve Gray saved our sanity and our wedding

Eve Gray is an incredible human and we are so grateful she was assigned to our wedding. We had to use Good Food Catering as an exclusive caterer for The Cottages on Charleston Harbor. We loved the food, met with Eve and planned for our September 29, 2018 wedding. In August 2018, we discovered that a rock concert had been double booked over our wedding at the Cottages and we had 40 days to move EVERYTHING. Eve was an incredible person to process the news with, she was a constant support and she never wavered in her belief that we would get married and it would be downright fabulous. Eve moved our catering, rentals, tent -- everything, to the Citadel Beach Club and she was onsite to make sure everything ran smoothly. On the day of our wedding, there was a huge rip in our tent so Eve emergency requested another tent from another vendor!! I can't recommend her and her team enough. The three compliments I received on our wedding were about the ceremony, my dress and the FOOD. Thank you, Eve! For answering each teary phone call and going above and beyond for us. Thank you seriously isn't enough!!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Crystal · Married on 11/26/2016

Good Food Cartering, and Jenna in particular made our wedding truly unforgettable. The food was amazing; we received compliments from all of our guests. I had no worries or concerns day of because Jenna helped execute everything and kept the wedding running smoothly. She did a wonderful job with set up too, it was exactly how I had imagined it.

Sent on 12/10/2016
  • Virginia

Virginia · Married on 11/20/2016

Good Food Catering provided us wedding reception food at the Historic Rice Mill. We had stations set up with Shrimp and Grits, Pan Fried Green Tomatoes with Goat Cheese, Ham Biscuits, and Pecan Encrusted Chicken with prosciutto wrapped asparagus. All of the food was great and the serving sizes were perfect! Thank you Good Food Catering!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Angela · Married on 03/28/2014

Jenna DeSavino and her staff at Good Food Catering were the most professional group of individuals I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Jenna and staff made my son's rehearsal dinner the most spectacular evening ever. I left everything in Jenna's hands and could not have been more pleased. There is not one thing I would have changed. I highly recommend Jenna and Good Food Catering. Thank you again Jenna for making Willson and Megan's rehearsal dinner the best!!!! Sincerely, Angela Floyd

Sent on 04/14/2014

Jenna and everyone at Good Food made our wedding day amazing! Planning was a breeze and everyone we came in contact with was extremely professional. The food was exceptional and so was the service! Everyone raved about the food and service! I highly recommend Good Food catering and Jenna to anyone looking for perfection!

Sent on 07/02/2013

Phyllis · Married on 06/14/2013

I had such a wonderful experience working with Jenna and the staff at Good Food Catering! Everyone was so friendly and professional. Thank you so much for helping to make such a memorable evening!

Sent on 06/26/2013

We had an excellent experience working with Jennifer Payne and the team at Good food Catering.

Sent on 05/28/2013

Megan · Married on 03/22/2013

Good Food Catering was pure perfection! From the food to the wonderful servers, cooks and staff, my night was perfect! They put together a beautiful event and I could not be happier and would not change a thing!

Sent on 04/05/2013

Juliana · Married on 01/20/2013

There is not enough space on the web to shout out what a great company Good Food Catering is! I had the great pleasure of working with Jennifer Payne who is second to none in responsiveness, professionalism, and flexibility. Even though Jennifer was my main point of contact, each and every employee during the event, prior to, any set-up and breakdown was beyond courteous, helpful and smiling :-) And of course, it really goes without saying that the food and presentation was spectacular down to every last detail. I wouldn't hesitate recommending Good Food Catering for any event.

Sent on 03/07/2013

Good Food Catering exceeded our expectations with the food, drinks and the service. Our guests could not stop talking about how wonderful everything turned out at the Historic Rice Mill. And Emily at Good Food Catering went above and beyond to make sure that everything turned out just the way that we wanted.

Sent on 12/05/2012

Ava · Married on 10/07/2012

My wedding was absolutely perfect and I owe most of that to Emily and Good Food Catering! The food was perfect, the venue was beautiful and the staff was attentive and helpful. I could not be more pleased with how everything turned out!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Good Food Catering's reply:

Ava, you are too kind! It was such fun working with you, and we were excited to get to be a part of making your wedding day dreams come true! I was personally also excited to see the first wedding with beautiful fall colors for this season, it looked really great! Thank you again, and all the best!

Good Food Catering provided excellent service and wonderful food for our daughter's Folly Beach wedding reception. The cocktail hour proceeded smoothly as the servers passed hors d'ourves and our guests always had a drink in hand. The dinner was served in the yard with all the elegance of a five star restaurant. The food was fabulous and our guest all raved about its quality!

Emily was a pleasure to work with from the start. She was always easily accessible by email and responded to phone calls promptly. This markedly reduced the stress of planning a destination wedding. Her professionalism instilled confidence which was not misplaced. She was available for consultation and coordinated the service on the evening of the wedding. The service staff was equally professional and responsive to requests from the bride and groom, their parents and their guests.

Diane Dwyer-McNally (MOB)

We could not have been happier with our choice.

Sent on 11/02/2012

Good Food Catering's reply:

Diane, thank you so much for writing this review. We were so grateful to have been a part of the intimate, wonderful evening for Meaghan and Dan and are thrilled that you and your guests enjoyed the service and the meal. We especially loved the cafe lighting over the dance floor and dining tables, it really set the mood! Thank you again for working with us, and all the best to your family and the happy couple!

Jenna · Married on 11/20/2011

Everything was SO delicious and displayed beautifully! Emily and the staff were so helpful, professional and pleasant!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Good Food Catering's reply:

Congratulations to you and Greg! It was so great working with you, and being that you do this for a living, it means a lot to hear this! We loved the vintage glamour feel you gave to the Rice Mill, so beautiful!

Karla · Married on 06/19/2010

Good Food Catering was amazing! The staff is vey helpful and attentive! Especially to a needy bride like myself. Everything was gorgeous and delicious! I would definitely reccomend GFC!!!

Sent on 07/06/2010

Good Food Catering's reply:

Thank you so much! It was an absolute pleasure making your special day an amazing success! Your family and friends were a joy and we wish you the best!

Cheri · Married on 08/11/2013

I was extremely pleased with every aspect of service. The food was wonderful. The bar and wait staff went out of their way to please. Jenna was fantastic helping me plan. She was so patient, and prompt when dealing with all my questions and uncertainties. I was so nervous about planning a wedding, but every time I met with her I became calmer and calmer. I had a sense of assurance and trust in her that everything would be wonderful. And it was!!!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Lori · Married on 06/16/2013

Food was amazing, staff was very friendly and prompt.

Sent on 07/06/2013
  • Hanna

Hanna Link · Married on 11/10/2018

Guests RAVED about the food

Good Food Catering truly made our day a hit. The food options were endless and delicious and the service was perfect. I highly recommend GFC for your wedding if you want to wow your guests at an affordable price point.

Sent on 11/25/2018

lauren · Married on 04/26/2013

The food was FANTASTIC. We had dozens of people tell us it was the best food they had ever eaten at a wedding. It was truly a southern feast! Service was also excellent and staff was very attentive to all of our guests needs.

Sent on 06/12/2013

Donelle · Married on 04/20/2013

The service Good Food Catering provided was better than expected for our Rehearsal Dinner. Jenna was also prompt in returning my calls and emails with many questions, helping me to work out the details. Megan and Chef arrived on time at the venue site after an extra helper was there from a temp company. He assisted in our setting up the table decorations and whatever we asked him to do. Megan offered to pour the drinks for us when I thought we would have to have self-service. We were very pleased with the quality of the food. The buffet set-up was beautiful. We were very pleased and would highly recommend this caterer.

Sent on 05/01/2013

Heather · Married on 07/21/2012

Our food from Good Food was DE-LISH-OUS!!! The most amazing wedding food I've ever had, and that's not because it was my wedding. Sam Wrigglesworth was absolutely amazing to work with...she bent over backwards to make sure everything was perfect. Our chefs were amazing...all the staff arrived promptly and made a beautiful set up with the food. The food was amazing, the staff was beyond friendly....definitely a number one pick for wedding food!

Sent on 08/19/2012

Good Food Catering's reply:

Heather, thank you so much for this review and such kind words! We were so happy to be a part of your wedding day and are so thrilled that your expectations were exceeded and everyone enjoyed the fare that you planned for them! All our best!