Golden Note Entertainment Reviews

178 Reviews for Golden Note Entertainment

• Emily

Emily Mossler · Married on 09/11/2020

Amazing Experience!

A pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process. COVID threw a huge curve ball, but we were still able to have an amazing outdoor wedding, while following all of the rules thanks to Golden Note! They made sure to keep everyone safe, while still ensuring everyone had fun.

Sent on 10/08/2020

Megan Mckiernan · Married on 12/15/2019

Patrick was AMAZING!!

Patrick was our MC for my Christmas wedding and he was AMAZING. He was energetic, funny, and the perfect fit for my wedding. He made sure the dance floor was always full and hoppin! What guests remember most about my wedding was the DJ and how nobody stopped dancing the whole night. Using Patrick from Golden Note was the best decision ever!!

Sent on 12/25/2019

Megan,

I'm so thrilled to read this review and I had a blast with you and your guests. And seriously, that dance floor was busy—even I left sweating! Love you and Ryan to pieces.

• Hallie

Hallie Caparoni · Married on 11/01/2019

Amazing Experience!

Okay, so I had a REALLY hard time trying to pick a DJ as I had a specific idea in my head of what I wanted. My husband and I have a very mixed taste in music and we wanted what we love incorporated into our day. In comes Golden Note and Patrick.

I was at a bridal show when I saw Golden Note perform and Patrick was there. I left that bridal show, knowing that he was who I wanted for my wedding. This company was absolutely fantastic! They were on top of EVERYTHING throughout the entire process. We met with Patrick a few weeks before the wedding to kind of go over our final lists for music and in the time we spent with him, he 100% understood our style and what we wanted. He called to check in with me on Wednesday, just seeing if there was anything we needed and how we were feeling.

To put it simply: Patrick absolutely KILLED it for our wedding!!! He had the dance floor PACKED and people dancing all. Night. Long. He was reading the crowd the entire night and just kept the party going the ENTIRE time. He would throw our requests in at the BEST times (including my ridiculous MUST HAVE request to play a specific song from Disney's "A Goofy Movie" haha!). He was fun, relaxed, and overall amazing. I could NOT recommend Patrick, and Golden Note, more! If you are thinking about using Golden Note, do it. And make sure you book Patrick!!!! You will NOT regret it :)

Sent on 11/20/2019

Hallie,

This might be the only time I ever play Powerline at a wedding, but it was TOTALLY WORTH IT. And I'll never think of "Pour Some Sugar On Me" the same way after Chris sang the whole thing in costume. I had a ton of fun with you all! I wish you and Dan the best
  • Judi

Judi Alexander · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing Experience!

We had a great experience with Golden Note. First of all, Gerry is amazing. He was both our MC and Officiant. He made my husband and me feel like family immediately. Our ceremony was personal, touching and hilarious - our guests are still raving about it. He really made our day! His whole team is extremely professional, with an easy to use portal for keeping all the details straight and song selections. We cannot recommend Gerry and his team highly enough. Look no further and book Golden Note ASAP!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Judi,
    Thank you so much for the kind words. I thoroughly enjoyed handling your wedding from the planning and execution of your ceremony to having a blast DJ'ing your reception. Thank you for trusting us with your wedding day!
    - Gerry
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/27/2019

Great Team, Amazing Service

Wow! From start to finish we got nothing but great service. Jillian is amazing and so easy to talk to. We had to make a few phone calls to each other and it honestly felt like I was on a phone with a close friend! She was great at answering all our questions. Gerry was amazing at our wedding! We did a beer ceremony and our guests loved it. They honestly thought Gerry was a close friend and that we knew him for years because the ceremony was so personal. Not only did Gerry officiate our wedding he was also the DJ. He had everyone dancing the whole night! This team is a blast to work with and did an amazing job for our wedding.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Nicole,
    I 100% love when a couple wants to do something different that expresses their personalities. When you guys presented the Beer Ceremony idea, I was psyched! I am so glad to call you my friends and blessed to have you part of the Golden Note Family!

Cheers,
    Gerry

Don Parriott · Married on 09/07/2019

None Better!

We hired Golden Note for our previous daughter’s wedding, so when the next daughter said she was getting married, the first call I made was to Golden Note! They did a wonderful job and so we had a terrific party. Gerry was excellent!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Don,
    Two daughters in 7 years. You are a strong man...and...Awesome Dad. It was really cool how similar yet different Angela and Elizabeth's weddings were. I hope all are well and hope to see you soon.
    - Gerry
  • Sophia

Sophia Costa · Married on 09/05/2019

Gerry was the best

Gerry was the best. He came all the way to Italy to be our DJ! Without him our night would have not been the same. He is our paisan forever and always made us feel like part of the family from the beginning. Cant thank him enough!

Sent on 03/26/2020

Golden Note Entertainment's reply:

You guys are awesome. I really appreciate the kind words. More importantly, you both are my family! Talk soon and let's get that Portuguese dinner date on the calendar. See you at Katrina and Matt's Wedding!

Leanne · Married on 06/01/2019

Danced the Night Away

Golden Note was excellent from start to finish! At our first meeting with Jillian we knew that Golden Note would DJ our wedding! The process was seamless and it was great to be able to dance the night away! Patrick was our MC and executed the vision for our wedding to a tee. Everyone loved the music, and especially the bubbles! We could not have asked for anything better and cannot thank Golden Note enough for making our wedding a memorable event!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Leanne,

Those bubbles were AMAZING during your first dance! I know you and Greg love the 80s but we played a little bit of everything that night, and it was great to see everyone up on the dance floor. Thank you for this review!

Mary · Married on 05/18/2019

Like family! So much fun!

Love this company! We were sold from the beginning by Gerry, who knew exactly what kind of party we wanted our wedding to be. We then met our MC Patrick and he became part of the family! He was amazing in the planning process, very thorough, and made sure he knew what kind of music we loved. On the day of, he was awesome! Our cake cutting pictures are that much better because of his hilarious commentary! He read the crowd and played music people wanted to hear. Very well done. So much fun, everyone had a great time and there were always people dancing! We can't wait to book Patrick again! Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/25/2019

Mary,

Did we just become best friends? I think so. Pretty sure we shook all the dust out of the barn at Bayonet Farms, too! I'm so happy I could make this day special for you and I had so much fun. Bring me back to that end of the night sing-a-long! Love you and Keith a ton.

Joel B · Married on 12/30/2018

Wedding Review

Our entire experience with The Golden Note was outstanding. TGN spent many hours, weeks before the event, helping us first consider “the feel” we wanted for the wedding of our daughter and her fiancé. This was critical, since everything flowed from that. The online planning forms kept us organized, and the timelines were extraordinarily helpful. These guided us to music to be played, and how to handle introductions. We did not use a wedding planner. Gerry and his team, on the wedding day, had everything, worked well with the caterers, and set up so when we arrived at the reception, the set-up was perfect. The musician at the piano during the cocktail reception was engaging. The room for the dinner was set up expertly as well. That room itself was large with high ceilings and a very regal look about it (the event was held at the United States Military Academy), and Gerry’s team anticipated how best to use the space. He even thought about up-lighting, which we never even discussed, and that was excellent intuition on his part. We used several fun “gaming” tables, and this was an excellent choice, and enabled guests who momentarily stepped off the dance floor to mingle from their dining tables with others from other dining tables. Guests from all ages participated in these. The dance floor was “hopping” and, again all ages were on the floor. The pace of the entertainment was excellent, and TGN used different music sets to gather our guests into a community—just a joyous feel. The Golden Note staff were professional, patient about the military security obligations for West Point, guest-friendly, and helped make a memorable evening. Even the few prizes Jerry gave out to different dancers caused much laughter and cheers. Even the photographer remarked about how terrific this wedding was. Cannot say enough about The Golden Note! Well done.

Sent on 01/09/2019
  • Patricia

Patricia · Married on 11/23/2018

Amazing Company

Golden Note Entertainment is the place to go if you want an easy, professional, and fun process. I saw this company at a bridal show and knew immediately they were the ones. Jill was great throughout the process of booking, and throughout the entire process of planning. She helped point out things that I didn't even think of, and my coordinator didn't tell me about. Bill, the emcee, was fun and professional at the same time. At the wedding, he took charge during times when my maitre'd was missing, and helped us out. He also had just the right amount of humor throughout the night. He had everyone laughing, and made sure they were out on the dance floor. The dance floor was packed the entire night and everyone has been telling me how amazing the emcee and dj were. I can't say enough about this amazing company and I am so glad I'm part of the Golden Note family now!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Samantha · Married on 10/27/2018

You won’t want to sit down!!

If you want to get the party started (and keep it going), Golden Note is the DJ company for you! We first heard Gerry and his team at my sister in law‘s wedding, and we knew we needed to have them for our own! Unfortunately, Gerry was not able to be our MC when it was time to book. At first we were disappointed, but once we met with Bill Delaney, we could NOT have asked for a better MC!!! We received so many compliments from our guests about his upbeat personality! We loved his wealth of music knowledge (and fellow love for Bruuuuce).

Our DJ spinner was Patrick Boyle- and man, does he know how to read a crowd and get everyone up out of their seats! Prior to the wedding, we used their electronic portal to add our “must-play” songs and Patrick created the perfect mix of music around that list—call him the human Spotify!

Thanks to everyone at Golden Note for giving not only us, but our family and friends the best party ever!!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Samantha,

I'm going to put "Human Spotify" on my resume. So thrilled that I could rock the party for you, Shawn, and all your family and friends. Love you guys!

• Maggie

Maggie · Married on 10/06/2018

They kept the party going all night! The dj did a great job of reading the crowd and working with what we asked for. There wasn't a lull on the dance floor all night. They made the wedding so much fun. I would recommend them to absolutely everyone!

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing! No Regrets!

I found Golden Note Entertainment at a busy Wedding Expo where Jillian stood for over 20 minutes talking to me about what I wanted. Before I walked away she left me with advice to not get ripped off by other entertainment companies. That is the basis of Golden Note Entertainment. They are honest, fair, professional, fun, and are the ideal company to book for your wedding or event. Everyone was telling me how amazing my DJ was at my wedding, and the dance floor was never empty. Thank to to Gerry and your entire team for making my wedding day perfect! I can't wait for the next big event when I can book you guys again!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Christine · Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely hands down the best ever!!!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Nicole · Married on 09/21/2018

We had a great experience with Gerry and his team! We absolutely loved them! Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/02/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/21/2018

Great Vendor!

Our wedding day wouldn’t have been half as amazing as it was without Golden Note Entertainment. I first saw their presentation at a bridal show about 7 months before my wedding and immediately knew they were the ones. I made an appointment with Jillian who felt like a friend I had known my whole life the second I started speaking with her. I requested Jim who she reserved for our date immediately and a week later we went over basics of the event and signed the contract. A few weeks before the wedding my fiancé and I met with Jim to go over our requests and our must not plays and the details of the actual day, he was beyond helpful, he had so many suggestions and completely understood and improved on the vibe we were going for. They were great at communication, emails were answered almost immediately and when I changed one of the processional songs a few hours before the ceremony it didn’t even phase them.

The reception was exactly the (unfrilly 😉) party we had hoped for. Our guests packed the dance floor from the minute we finished our first dance and never sat down. Jim had a fantastic knack for knowing exactly what to play at exactly the right time to keep the party going. The mix of tempo, decade and style of music kept everyone happy and dancing and we were all sad to see it end!

I was a little bit hesitant about how everyone would take interactive glow in the dark gloves and black lights but it went over so much better than I could ever imagine! It really added another level to our reception that people were not expecting and loved.

We also had the social photo booth and prop kit which was a huge hit. Our guests loved taking silly pictures and we loved getting to see them all the next day in the photo album Golden Note gave to us.

Sent on 12/15/2018

Lynna · Married on 08/31/2018

GNE was AMAZING at our wedding! Having Gerry and his team at Golden Note take care of the ceremony and reception music at our wedding was a no-brainer. We had seen them do our friend's wedding a few years back, and knew we had to look into hiring them. The levels of energy, enthusiasm, and care they gave to our big day was evident. We have received (and continue to get) so many compliments about the music selection, MC skills, and entertainment overall for the day. Gerry also officiated our ceremony and he did a wonderful job incorporating what we wanted like our vows and readings. Him and our DJ George did a great job in reading the crowd and playing fantastic tunes while keeping in mind our overall vibe and sound + requests we wanted, so everything was our style but even better! Thank you Gerry and team for making our special day the BEST!!!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Tara · Married on 07/07/2018

Golden Note Entertainment is TOP NOTCH!!!! From seeing them at their showcase and being able to have one-on-one conversations about our personal needs and wants, to the planning process which included our own personal interactive planning webpage for music, ceremony details, etc, to the EXCEPTIONAL service they provided for all questions, concerns, and planning, I can't say enough excellent things about them! Gerry provided a touching, personal, and perfect officiant service (like we have known him for years) as well as ceremony music, and an AWESOME reception as MC! They kept the party up and engaged and catered to every generation! THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for making our special that perfect beyond our wildest dreams!

Sent on 08/19/2018

jaime · event on: 05/18/2018

Amazing team. Available, accessible and eager to help ensure that our party was everything we wanted. I would hands down use Gerry and his team again!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Joyce · Married on 05/12/2018

Patrick was great! Really nice guy and very professional!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Joyce,

Thank you for this review! I know the day was stressful with moving your venue at the last minute, but I'm so happy you had a great time and, despite it all, everyone was on the dance floor. All my best

Mike · event on: 03/09/2018

We have been using Golden Note for years for our year end basketball banquet. Gerry and his crew keep the party fun and exciting for the adults and the children. Our banquet size is about 200 guests with a 50/50 split of adults and kids. Gerry and company play music and keep the kids engaged with games and prizes. Everyone has a great time. We will continue to use Golden Note for all of our events!

Sent on 04/09/2018

Clarisa · event on: 08/25/2017

Golden Note has been doing events for my company for some time and always provided great service, so I had no issue booking them for a summer event I was throwing. It was fantastic! The DJ was really accommodating and the Photo Booth was a huge hit! Everyone had a good time and left with lots of great memories. Would definitely book Golden Note again for future events :)

Sent on 10/02/2017

Michelle · Married on 07/23/2017

We used Gerry and his team for our wedding in July 2017. Gerry is a dream to work with and we would highly, highly, highly recommend him. From the moment we spoke with Gerry on the phone, we knew that he would be perfect for our wedding. Gerry is very energetic and funny and there was no doubt that he would make our reception so much fun! Of all the wedding planning activities we did, working with Gerry and picking out songs for our wedding were by far the most enjoyable...he is very organized and offered great suggestions for song choices, listened to our needs about what we did/did not want to hear, and help us really envision our day. Our wedding was so much fun and the music was fantastic. We had a unique mix of guests (mostly people aged 60+ with a few younger people mixed in) and Gerry’s music fit the crowd perfectly. Everyone danced the whole time (even those who hate to dance!) and we received so many comments from our friends and family that the music was great. Thank you Gerry (and team)!!!!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/08/2017

Gerry and his team are absolutely outstanding!! They traveled all the way from New Jersey to Long Island to do my wedding! From start to finish he was nothing short of amazing and the whole planning process was seamless. He knew exactly what needed to be done, and how to make our wedding day the "party of the year." He helped us select all the right songs for the cake cutting, boquet toss, etc and even customized our entrance by putting two songs together. Our guests NEVERRRRR left the dance floor! The staff at the venue were amazed at the constant party that was happening in our room. They even made comments about how they've never had a DJ work so seamlessly with them (this was his first time at this particular venu).

Gerry also recommended we hire Crystal, who was literally the most amazing percussionist i have ever seen. She seriously was such a ball of energy, and had that party jamming till the moment it ended. I highhlyyy recommend her for any event!

Through this whole process, dealing with vendors can be very stressful and time consuming. The one thing me and my now husband had said to each other COUNTLESS TIMES was .. "at least we know we don't have to worry about Gerry and his team." Golden note was our saving grace! We always could breathe easy after a worrisome phone call or meeting with another vendor because what we viewed as the most important part of our wedding (the entertainment) was a piece of cake! And we felt 1000% trust with that in Gerrys hands.

Thank you Golden Note! Cant wait to see you in December at my friends wedding! (Which she by the way, called to book him as soon as our wedding was over. She knew she had to have Gerry!)

Sent on 09/03/2017