Golden Note Entertainment Reviews

170 | Wayne, NJ

170 Reviews for Golden Note Entertainment

Leanne · Married on 06/01/2019

Danced the Night Away

Golden Note was excellent from start to finish! At our first meeting with Jillian we knew that Golden Note would DJ our wedding! The process was seamless and it was great to be able to dance the night away! Patrick was our MC and executed the vision for our wedding to a tee. Everyone loved the music, and especially the bubbles! We could not have asked for anything better and cannot thank Golden Note enough for making our wedding a memorable event!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Mary · Married on 05/18/2019

Like family! So much fun!

Love this company! We were sold from the beginning by Gerry, who knew exactly what kind of party we wanted our wedding to be. We then met our MC Patrick and he became part of the family! He was amazing in the planning process, very thorough, and made sure he knew what kind of music we loved. On the day of, he was awesome! Our cake cutting pictures are that much better because of his hilarious commentary! He read the crowd and played music people wanted to hear. Very well done. So much fun, everyone had a great time and there were always people dancing! We can't wait to book Patrick again! Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/25/2019

Joel B · Married on 12/30/2018

Wedding Review

Our entire experience with The Golden Note was outstanding. TGN spent many hours, weeks before the event, helping us first consider “the feel” we wanted for the wedding of our daughter and her fiancé. This was critical, since everything flowed from that. The online planning forms kept us organized, and the timelines were extraordinarily helpful. These guided us to music to be played, and how to handle introductions. We did not use a wedding planner. Gerry and his team, on the wedding day, had everything, worked well with the caterers, and set up so when we arrived at the reception, the set-up was perfect. The musician at the piano during the cocktail reception was engaging. The room for the dinner was set up expertly as well. That room itself was large with high ceilings and a very regal look about it (the event was held at the United States Military Academy), and Gerry’s team anticipated how best to use the space. He even thought about up-lighting, which we never even discussed, and that was excellent intuition on his part. We used several fun “gaming” tables, and this was an excellent choice, and enabled guests who momentarily stepped off the dance floor to mingle from their dining tables with others from other dining tables. Guests from all ages participated in these. The dance floor was “hopping” and, again all ages were on the floor. The pace of the entertainment was excellent, and TGN used different music sets to gather our guests into a community—just a joyous feel. The Golden Note staff were professional, patient about the military security obligations for West Point, guest-friendly, and helped make a memorable evening. Even the few prizes Jerry gave out to different dancers caused much laughter and cheers. Even the photographer remarked about how terrific this wedding was. Cannot say enough about The Golden Note! Well done.

Sent on 01/09/2019
  • Patricia

Patricia · Married on 11/23/2018

Amazing Company

Golden Note Entertainment is the place to go if you want an easy, professional, and fun process. I saw this company at a bridal show and knew immediately they were the ones. Jill was great throughout the process of booking, and throughout the entire process of planning. She helped point out things that I didn't even think of, and my coordinator didn't tell me about. Bill, the emcee, was fun and professional at the same time. At the wedding, he took charge during times when my maitre'd was missing, and helped us out. He also had just the right amount of humor throughout the night. He had everyone laughing, and made sure they were out on the dance floor. The dance floor was packed the entire night and everyone has been telling me how amazing the emcee and dj were. I can't say enough about this amazing company and I am so glad I'm part of the Golden Note family now!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Samantha · Married on 10/27/2018

You won’t want to sit down!!

If you want to get the party started (and keep it going), Golden Note is the DJ company for you! We first heard Gerry and his team at my sister in law‘s wedding, and we knew we needed to have them for our own! Unfortunately, Gerry was not able to be our MC when it was time to book. At first we were disappointed, but once we met with Bill Delaney, we could NOT have asked for a better MC!!! We received so many compliments from our guests about his upbeat personality! We loved his wealth of music knowledge (and fellow love for Bruuuuce).

Our DJ spinner was Patrick Boyle- and man, does he know how to read a crowd and get everyone up out of their seats! Prior to the wedding, we used their electronic portal to add our “must-play” songs and Patrick created the perfect mix of music around that list—call him the human Spotify!

Thanks to everyone at Golden Note for giving not only us, but our family and friends the best party ever!!

Sent on 11/29/2018
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 10/06/2018

They kept the party going all night! The dj did a great job of reading the crowd and working with what we asked for. There wasn't a lull on the dance floor all night. They made the wedding so much fun. I would recommend them to absolutely everyone!

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing! No Regrets!

I found Golden Note Entertainment at a busy Wedding Expo where Jillian stood for over 20 minutes talking to me about what I wanted. Before I walked away she left me with advice to not get ripped off by other entertainment companies. That is the basis of Golden Note Entertainment. They are honest, fair, professional, fun, and are the ideal company to book for your wedding or event. Everyone was telling me how amazing my DJ was at my wedding, and the dance floor was never empty. Thank to to Gerry and your entire team for making my wedding day perfect! I can't wait for the next big event when I can book you guys again!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Christine · Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely hands down the best ever!!!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Nicole · Married on 09/21/2018

We had a great experience with Gerry and his team! We absolutely loved them! Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/21/2018

Great Vendor!

Our wedding day wouldn’t have been half as amazing as it was without Golden Note Entertainment. I first saw their presentation at a bridal show about 7 months before my wedding and immediately knew they were the ones. I made an appointment with Jillian who felt like a friend I had known my whole life the second I started speaking with her. I requested Jim who she reserved for our date immediately and a week later we went over basics of the event and signed the contract. A few weeks before the wedding my fiancé and I met with Jim to go over our requests and our must not plays and the details of the actual day, he was beyond helpful, he had so many suggestions and completely understood and improved on the vibe we were going for. They were great at communication, emails were answered almost immediately and when I changed one of the processional songs a few hours before the ceremony it didn’t even phase them.

The reception was exactly the (unfrilly 😉) party we had hoped for. Our guests packed the dance floor from the minute we finished our first dance and never sat down. Jim had a fantastic knack for knowing exactly what to play at exactly the right time to keep the party going. The mix of tempo, decade and style of music kept everyone happy and dancing and we were all sad to see it end!

I was a little bit hesitant about how everyone would take interactive glow in the dark gloves and black lights but it went over so much better than I could ever imagine! It really added another level to our reception that people were not expecting and loved.

We also had the social photo booth and prop kit which was a huge hit. Our guests loved taking silly pictures and we loved getting to see them all the next day in the photo album Golden Note gave to us.

Sent on 12/15/2018

Lynna · Married on 08/31/2018

GNE was AMAZING at our wedding! Having Gerry and his team at Golden Note take care of the ceremony and reception music at our wedding was a no-brainer. We had seen them do our friend's wedding a few years back, and knew we had to look into hiring them. The levels of energy, enthusiasm, and care they gave to our big day was evident. We have received (and continue to get) so many compliments about the music selection, MC skills, and entertainment overall for the day. Gerry also officiated our ceremony and he did a wonderful job incorporating what we wanted like our vows and readings. Him and our DJ George did a great job in reading the crowd and playing fantastic tunes while keeping in mind our overall vibe and sound + requests we wanted, so everything was our style but even better! Thank you Gerry and team for making our special day the BEST!!!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Tara · Married on 07/07/2018

Golden Note Entertainment is TOP NOTCH!!!! From seeing them at their showcase and being able to have one-on-one conversations about our personal needs and wants, to the planning process which included our own personal interactive planning webpage for music, ceremony details, etc, to the EXCEPTIONAL service they provided for all questions, concerns, and planning, I can't say enough excellent things about them! Gerry provided a touching, personal, and perfect officiant service (like we have known him for years) as well as ceremony music, and an AWESOME reception as MC! They kept the party up and engaged and catered to every generation! THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for making our special that perfect beyond our wildest dreams!

Sent on 08/19/2018

jaime · event on 05/18/2018

Amazing team. Available, accessible and eager to help ensure that our party was everything we wanted. I would hands down use Gerry and his team again!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Joyce · Married on 05/12/2018

Patrick was great! Really nice guy and very professional!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Mike · event on 03/09/2018

We have been using Golden Note for years for our year end basketball banquet. Gerry and his crew keep the party fun and exciting for the adults and the children. Our banquet size is about 200 guests with a 50/50 split of adults and kids. Gerry and company play music and keep the kids engaged with games and prizes. Everyone has a great time. We will continue to use Golden Note for all of our events!

Sent on 04/09/2018

Clarisa · event on 08/25/2017

Golden Note has been doing events for my company for some time and always provided great service, so I had no issue booking them for a summer event I was throwing. It was fantastic! The DJ was really accommodating and the Photo Booth was a huge hit! Everyone had a good time and left with lots of great memories. Would definitely book Golden Note again for future events :)

Sent on 10/02/2017

Michelle · Married on 07/23/2017

We used Gerry and his team for our wedding in July 2017. Gerry is a dream to work with and we would highly, highly, highly recommend him. From the moment we spoke with Gerry on the phone, we knew that he would be perfect for our wedding. Gerry is very energetic and funny and there was no doubt that he would make our reception so much fun! Of all the wedding planning activities we did, working with Gerry and picking out songs for our wedding were by far the most enjoyable...he is very organized and offered great suggestions for song choices, listened to our needs about what we did/did not want to hear, and help us really envision our day. Our wedding was so much fun and the music was fantastic. We had a unique mix of guests (mostly people aged 60+ with a few younger people mixed in) and Gerry’s music fit the crowd perfectly. Everyone danced the whole time (even those who hate to dance!) and we received so many comments from our friends and family that the music was great. Thank you Gerry (and team)!!!!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/08/2017

Gerry and his team are absolutely outstanding!! They traveled all the way from New Jersey to Long Island to do my wedding! From start to finish he was nothing short of amazing and the whole planning process was seamless. He knew exactly what needed to be done, and how to make our wedding day the "party of the year." He helped us select all the right songs for the cake cutting, boquet toss, etc and even customized our entrance by putting two songs together. Our guests NEVERRRRR left the dance floor! The staff at the venue were amazed at the constant party that was happening in our room. They even made comments about how they've never had a DJ work so seamlessly with them (this was his first time at this particular venu).

Gerry also recommended we hire Crystal, who was literally the most amazing percussionist i have ever seen. She seriously was such a ball of energy, and had that party jamming till the moment it ended. I highhlyyy recommend her for any event!

Through this whole process, dealing with vendors can be very stressful and time consuming. The one thing me and my now husband had said to each other COUNTLESS TIMES was .. "at least we know we don't have to worry about Gerry and his team." Golden note was our saving grace! We always could breathe easy after a worrisome phone call or meeting with another vendor because what we viewed as the most important part of our wedding (the entertainment) was a piece of cake! And we felt 1000% trust with that in Gerrys hands.

Thank you Golden Note! Cant wait to see you in December at my friends wedding! (Which she by the way, called to book him as soon as our wedding was over. She knew she had to have Gerry!)

Sent on 09/03/2017

Katherine · Married on 06/30/2017

DJ JIM!!! He was amazing!!!!
    He did the music for our ceremony and our reception. We communicated with Jillian to book the event who was always a delight to speak with and very helpful. We filled out a form ~1 month prior to the ceremony and then did a skype interview with him since we live out of time. He came on time and was professional. Despite it being 90 degrees + he smiled the whole time. He had great ideas and suggestions for the ceremony music and played all of our requests. Just wait until he shows you his interactive crowd surprise! Everyone loved it!!! Definitely recommend Golden Note and DJ JIM!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Michelle · Married on 04/21/2017

Thank you Golden Nite for a great wedding and a perfect night! Golden Note provided music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. They also did uplighting for the reception. Gerry and Bill were both great. Gerry sat down with us prior to the event and reviewed all details and made us feel comfortable from day one. They worked with our photographer to get a shot of the whole dance floor and kept the music flowing all night. Many of our guests stayed on the dance floor all night and were impressed with how great our night flowed. I would definitely recommend them and use them for future events.

Sent on 04/29/2017

Laura · Married on 04/07/2017

Golden Note provided both DJ and officiant services for my May of 2015 wedding. They were fantastic! Easy to work with, helpful, and attentive during the planning process. And they made my wedding perfect. Highly recommend them!!!!

Sent on 04/07/2017

Jeffrey · event on 03/11/2017

Gerry ran a Casino Night for the Bergen Catholic Baseball program. The pre-event up until the date of the event was well managed and the night of the event was terrific. Nothing but good things to say and hope to do it again next year.

Sent on 05/05/2017

Stacy · event on 01/07/2017

Golden Note was the DJ Company we chose for our daughter's Sweet 16. Mario was the DJ and he was assisted by Gerry, Jr. The did an absolute phenomenal job. Everyone, adults and kids, were dancing the entire night. They were interactive with the guests and made sure to honor all of my daughters requests. The time we spent ahead of time with Mario insured he got a true understanding of the type of party she wanted!

Sent on 10/23/2017
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 12/17/2016

Gerry and Bill were awesome! I originally met Gerry at a wedding expo, where he was demonstrating his DJ services. He had a crowd of strangers up and dancing, and was the type of person you immediately get good vibes from when you talk to him. That awesomeness remained all the way through our wedding reception, where he and Bill played a mix of our favorites and other popular songs, and even mixed in Christmas music to fit with our theme! They even covered our ceremony at a different location, and it was beautiful. We had originally planned on just playing music from a laptop hooked up to a sound system, but we had found some extra money in our budget, and I am SO glad we did.

Sent on 01/28/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/28/2016

Absolutely amazing experience working with Gerry and Mario... My wedding dj's got everyone on the dance floor and I have gotten so much positive feedback from our guests. I would definitely recommend golden note to any bride to be!!

Sent on 11/27/2016