Golden Gate Studios Reviews

254 Reviews for Golden Gate Studios

• Alicia

Alicia · Getting married on 07/31/2021

Easy to work with

I'm not putting much into flowers as I am not a big flower person. My venue package includes centerpieces and the size for $ was great. I showed her my pinterest ideas and she was able to do everything I wanted.

Sent on 06/29/2019

Erin O. · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Excellent experience

We could not have been happier with our choice to go with Golden Gate Studios for our wedding florals. Jay was absolutely amazing to work with – he’s super friendly, helpful, and knows how to get things done! He always had great suggestions based off what we asked of him, and very quickly figured out exactly what we were looking for and how to make it happen. The vision that we had in our heads for how we wanted our florals to look absolutely came to life, and managed to exceed our expectations! Their prices were very fair and they were willing to make last-minute substitutions when needed. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/26/2019

Kristen M. · Married on 12/09/2020

Beautiful Flowers

From the first day I contacted Jay until the day of my wedding, Golden Gate Florist was determined to provide us with the most beautiful flowers for our wedding day. My mother and I met with Jay back in February 2020 when we were blissfully unaware of how hectic the wedding planning would soon become (global pandemic and all). He took the time to get to know me and understand what vision I had for my day. I'll be honest, I don't know much about flowers (I like roses/hydrangeas and knew I liked white and blush...that was all I gave him). Jay put together a list of all the different florals and greenery that would go into our centerpieces and bouquets and wrote down ever detail for me. He is so talented, a true artist, and such a pleasure to work with. When things became challenging and our venue/guest list changed, Jay worked with me and changed my entire bill and number of centerpieces, etc. with no hesitation. I could not be more pleased with the organization and hard work that went into the florals for our wedding. It brought our day to life and I am so grateful to Jay and his wife for all their help!

Sent on 10/09/2020

Golden Gate Studios's reply:

Thanks for the very kind words Kris! It is certainly a very trying time right now. Thank you for being so positive and such a sweetie!
    Stay Well! All my best, Jay
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 12/05/2020

Great experience

Jay from Golden Gate studious loves what he does and it shows through his work and how interacts with his customers. He was such a professional who came highly recommended from our venue. He had great ideas and wanted to make sure our day was as beautiful as could be. We had to postpone our wedding and our number of guests changed and Jay was flexible and so understanding and helped trouble shoot our changes. We are so glad that we picked Golden Gate as our florist.

Sent on 03/23/2021

Golden Gate Studios's reply:

Thanks Heather! It was also a very positive experience for me. You were a sweetie to work with through these challenging times.
    All my best, Jay
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 10/10/2020

Wonderful Service

Jay has been so wonderful to work with from the beginning! He was very professional and had lots of books and arrangements to show us from past weddings, which was very helpful. He helped us design exactly what we wanted for our special day. Even when we had to cut things down for our mini wedding, Jay made it all work out for us. We are very grateful to Jay and his team for an outstanding job and stunning floral arrangements.

Sent on 03/15/2021

Brittany L. · Married on 10/02/2020

Beautiful!

Thank you to Jay and golden gate studios for our amazing flowers! The bouquets and centerpieces are still perfect a WEEK after our wedding! Absolutely gorgeous! we highly recommend if you want absolutely stunning flowers!! Jay was a pleasure to work with and is so passionate about his job!!

Sent on 10/09/2020

Golden Gate Studios's reply:

Thanks Britt! You made it a pleasure to work with you!
    Stay well and keep being happy! All my best, Jay

Courtney D. · Married on 09/06/2020

THE BEST - better than the Pinterest board you saved

We have been through the ringer with COVID and wedding planning. We booked with Jay at Golden Gate about a year ago... first place we checked and it was an automatic look no further type of deal. I showed him my Pinterest board and not only did he do everything I imagined but WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND. Our friends keep saying our wedding floral etc would have our done any Pinterest inspo! I will post pics once I have!!
    Our wedding was definitely not easy due to COVID. Our original venue changed the date and then canceled on us 10 days before the event. I basically cried to jay and he kept saying stop worrying we will make this happen. And he did!!! Pretty sure he put a call in to help us out to get OceanCliff :) He wasn’t only my florist but my go to for any issues I had during planning. I wouldn’t change a thing. Thank you to Jay and everyone at golden gate for making our wedding everything and more than I visioned!
    - Courtney and Patrick Maguire 9/6/2020

Sent on 09/10/2020
  • Diane

Diane P. · Married on 08/23/2020

Flower arrangements were stupendous and service was unsurpassed

Jay from Golden Gate Studio is not only a true artist when it comes to flower arranging and design, he is one of the kindest most generous people I’ve ever met. I cannot say enough about the experience I had with Golden Gate Studio. The flowers were something out of a movie and exceeded my expectations, the customer service was the best I’ve ever received and the pricing was more than competitive compared to other florists in the area. Do yourself a favor and give Jay a call you will be thrilled!

Sent on 08/26/2020
  • AYT-B

Adrienne · Married on 08/20/2020

I happened to be standing in the lobby of the hotel when my Gail (from Golden Gate Studios) walked in with my flowers. She graciously brought them up to my room (where I had to change) and took the time to explain how everything was labeled and organized. They were so beautiful!!! She was so patient and happy. Most importantly, she made sure I was more than satisfied with my order and delivery. Thank you Gail, Jay, & Melissa! Sheer PERFECTION!!!

Sent on 09/09/2010
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/15/2020

Amazing Florist!

If you are looking for a florist you should absolutely go with Jay. I went to a wedding expo and saw Jay’s work there and thought it was absolutely beautiful. I knew I wanted him to be our florist. When we met with Jay I wasn’t quite sure what types of flowers I wanted but I knew the color. Jay was able to help me decide what I wanted and what he thought would look nice together. He was extremely helpful and that really took the pressure off! Due to COVID we had to postpone our wedding and Jay was extremely accommodating. My husband and I actually did get married last year and my dad contacted him to see if he would still make a small bouquet for me. He did and it was stunning. After postponing our wedding to this year there were some slight changes we had to make and Jay was on top of it. He went above and beyond to make not only my flowers beautiful but my centerpieces, cake and toss bouquet. I got so many compliments on my cascading bouquet and they look gorgeous in the photos. You can definitely tell Jay loves his job and he is excellent at it. You should absolutely book him for your wedding!

Sent on 06/01/2021

Golden Gate Studios's reply:

Hi Lauren, Thank you for the vey kind words! It was a very challenging year for us all. You stayed positive throughout and were a joy to work with. Please stay safe, happy and well! Jay

Melanie F. · Married on 12/06/2019

Wonderful experience with Golden Gate

We met Jay the day we visited our venue in Middletown, RI and knew immediately that we had to work with him. Not only is his work stunning, but he is the nicest and most accommodating person. One of the best things about Golden Gate is they are a full service floral studio--they go above and beyond. They will pin on the guys' boutonnieres and, if your ceremony flowers are being repurposed for your reception, they will stay until after the ceremony to make sure everything is perfect. Jay's entire team is wonderful. Kristi did our flowers and everything looked beautiful and exactly how we envisioned. She even put together a sample centerpiece for me to look at a couple months before our wedding. I can't recommend Golden Gate enough!

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 11/02/2019

Flowers were amazing

Golden Gate Studio did an amazing job with our flowers for the wedding. Jay totally got what I was asking for with my wedding flowers and they were gorgeous! Highly recommend them for anyone who wants flowers!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Andrea H. · Married on 11/02/2019

Great quality of flowers

Beautiful flowers done by Jay!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha R. · Married on 10/26/2019

Beautiful arrangements, amazing to work with

Golden Gate Florists were highly recommended by our vendor (Foster Country Club), and we were not disappointed. We met with Jay twice - first for the consultation and the second time to see a sample of our centerpieces. They were easy to work with, flexible, and fit within our budget. They were worth every penny. When we lost two prominent family members and asked for a way to honor them, Jay arranged for white roses to be placed around our memory table (one rose for each lost loved one), and it was beautifully done. We cannot recommend Golden Gate enough.

Sent on 01/01/2020

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2019

Jay, there are no words to describe how amazing my flowers were... I didn't have to say much for Jay to capture my vision. He's a doll to work with too!! And just when I thought he couldn't get any better, a week before my wedding, a close family member passed suddenly and Jay not only made, but DELIVERED two GORGEOUS arrangements to the funeral parlor and my family member's house. He did all this on short notice, in the blink of an eye! He's a God send... LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Sent on 05/25/2017
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2019

Incredible flowers!!!

We are so thankful we chose to go with Jay and his team for our wedding day! They easily handled florals for every aspect of the day and clearly love what they do SO much. From our first meeting, Jay easily understood what I was looking for and perfectly created my nitpicky Pinterest board with ease. I honestly never once worried about our flowers even though they were the most important design detail of my day. Golden Gate are some of the most reasonably priced florists we found and delivered an incredible product. An extra added bonus is the ability to pay with a credit card!!!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Destinee

Destinee W. · Married on 09/01/2019

Absolutely amazing

A friend who had also used Golden Gate Studios recommended them and I am SO SO glad that we used Jay and his team.
    Working with this vendor was super easy and flexible. He was able to keep us in budget and recommend flowers and colors etc.
    The flowers day of were STUNNING. I was shocked. They were so beautifully decorated and put together! It made our venue pop dramatically and everyone commented on it. Honestly gorgeous!
    We ended up giving away a lot of flowers and people were so happy to take them home since they were stunning.

I can't say enough good things, we will definitely be using their services again for any future parties or events. 10/10!

Sent on 11/11/2020

Golden Gate Studios's reply:

Thanks Destinee, You were a sweetheart to work with through these very challenging times. I still love working with positive brides who want to be happy!
    Stay Well and all my best, Jay
  • Jodi

Jodi · Married on 08/17/2019

Jodi and Raymond wedding

I was told about Golden Gate Studios through a very good friend of mine who Who knows how particular that I am and specially about flowers , when I tell you Golden Gate studio did not disappoint Jay was so patient with me and gave me everything I asked for and his wife made an exceptionally gorgeous brooch bouquet that I will cherish for the rest of my life, very highly recommended by me ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Sent on 04/27/2019

Marrissa · Married on 08/17/2019

Exceptional customer service and amazing work!!!

It was a no brainer when I booked with Golden Gate Studios. During my first appointment they totally got my vision and knew exactly what I wanted. Jay never had a problem whenever I called to make a change or ask a question. When I asked he gave me his honest opinions which was so helpful. I wanted real flowers on my cake and my bakery requested me to drop off fresh flowers the day before my wedding for the cake, so Jay offered to deliver the flowers himself to help me out. These guys are so helpful and really care about each wedding they participate in. All my centerpieces, boutonnières and bouquets were affordable, incredible and simply perfect. I cannot thank them enough for their hard work and dedication.

Sent on 08/29/2019

Ashley M. · Married on 07/27/2019

Wedding Florist

Jay & Golden Gate Studios we’re SO helpful in planning the flowers for our wedding. As someone who doesn’t know much about flowers, I had a vision but had no clue how to make my vision a reality. They created the bouquets of my dreams and turned our venue into perfection. They’re work was better than I could have imagined and I am SO happy we chose to have them as a part of our big day.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Tara · Married on 07/19/2019

Beyond beautiful and creative!

Golden Gate Florists did an absolute fabulous job for our wedding! Jay created all the bouquets, floral arrangement, table centerpieces with little guidance from us. We didn't really know what we wanted, but he only asked a few questions and his image for what we wanted was above and beyond. Everything he and his staff created was perfect!

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 07/19/2019

Great experience using Golden Gate Studios

We hired Golden Gate Studios for floral arrangements, candles, and archway designs for our ceremony and reception. Jay is wonderful to work with and is very passionate about his work! I found the staff at Golden Gate to be very flexible and listened to my wishes but were very helpful in offering suggestions without going over the desired budget. The arrangements were beautifully created and we were extremely happy with our choice of Golden Gate Studios for our wedding!

Shannon and Lou Capodilupo
    7.26.19

Sent on 12/28/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda L. · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing flowers and people

I was recommended Golden Gate for my flowers from a friend who had been to several weddings in RI that used them. I have to say I would recommend them for anyone in the area needing flowers for their wedding. Jay was amazing to deal with and he kept the flowers within our budget and they looked GORGEOUS!! I knew nothing about flowers except the colors I wanted and he picked great flowers and the color combinations looked great.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Nikki-Marie · Married on 05/04/2019

The perfect option!

We found Golden Gate studios at a wedding expo, and ever since day 1 Jay has been perfect! He is such an amazing an friendly person and he really knows how to put together your flowers. They were always responsive to any questions and we fell in love with our samples. They also do are so quick they stayed on site during my ceremony to move the arrangements from the ceremony to the reception and then at the end were quick to collect them so I did not have to worry about a single thing! all the guests talked about how beautiful and fresh the arrangements were!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Shauna O. · Married on 03/30/2019

Absolutely beautiful!

Jay was awesome and our bouquets and centerpieces were absolutely beautiful! Thank you!

Sent on 07/23/2019