Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service Reviews

Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service 6
Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service 7
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 05/26/2019

Talented, kind people with amazing skill!

Gloss did such an amazing job for my wedding, I can't say enough good things about them! Krystal did my hair and Emma did my makeup. They are 2 insanely talented women! They did my trial as well, which I did for my bridal shower. I got SO many compliments at my shower and my wedding!!! My hair stayed put all day (which has literally never happened for me with my thin straight hair) and my makeup looked amazing despite the heat and humidity. Krystal and Emma came on-site and they were so sweet and fun to have there that morning. They made the morning so relaxed and put my mind at ease. Thank you, Krystal and Emma! You ladies are amazing!!!

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service 8
    Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service 9

Colleen-
    Thank you for sharing your wedding day experience with Krystal and Emma!! We are so pleased to hear that your hair stayed put and you were happy with the hair and makeup service. Thank you for all the wonderful things you said about their talent and kindness.
  • Megan

Megan Joyce · Married on 05/19/2019

Best glam team

Gloss Salon was so great and accommodating to work with! I had a brunch wedding with a very early "getting ready" time, but Gloss assured me from the beginning that it would be no problem. Krystal (hair) and Emma (makeup) arrived before dawn and styled us all beautifully; no one had to retouch their hair and makeup all day. Plus, they were really fun to hang out with, too. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service 10
    Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service 11
    Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service 12
    Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service 13
    Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service 14

Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service's reply:

Thank you again for trusting Gloss with your wedding day hair and makeup!! Thank you also for sharing such kind words about your experience and our stylists Krystal and Emma. They are so happy to hear you were pleased. You look absolutely gorgeous in your photos!!

Mairead · Married on 12/28/2018

So happy with hair and makeup!

Kate and Caitlyn from Gloss did an amazing job with my and my bridesmaids' hair and makeup on my wedding day! They were professional, fast, and we looked beautiful. I can't recommend Gloss enough!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience with Gloss. We are so happy that see the kind words about Kate and Caitlyn and we appreciate your recommendation so much!!
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/04/2018

Talented, Professional, and Punctual

I had an absolutely amazing experience with Gloss and their artists Kate Stout and Bethany Malloy. All of my bridesmaids and my mother loved their makeup and the option to have airbrushed or normal makeup with no additional costs. Also eyelashes were included. Super talented, professional, punctual, and made us all feel like a million dollars. What more could you ask for in a makeup artist on your wedding day?

Sent on 01/10/2019

Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service's reply:

Your feedback means the world to us. Thank you for the kind words, we are so happy that you enjoyed your experience with Gloss!!

Caitlin · Married on 09/29/2018

Krystal did the hair and Emma did the makeup for my bridal party and I on the day of our wedding. They both did a tremendous job! Not once did I have to adjust my hair or re-touch my makeup in 10 hours! They were both very helpful and made suggestions, as not everyone knew exactly what they wanted to do for hair and makeup. They were both very easy to talk to and we had lots of laughs, which is important when they spend so much time helping you get ready on such an important day! I never went to gloss before my hair and makeup trial, but I am thinking I will be switching my go-to salon to Gloss.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Michelle · Married on 09/15/2018

So happy with our hair and makeup on my wedding day! All the stylists were friendly and patient with the different wants and needs of all my bridesmaids. It was so convenient having them come to our hotel too! Thank you!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience with Gloss Hair and Makeup! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your wedding day services!

Hannah · Married on 06/30/2018

So happy with my experience! Timely, professional and great work! My makeup/hair and my bridesmaids hair/makeup lasted all day in 100 degree heat! Thank you!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Katherine · Married on 05/12/2018

GLOSS Salon in Wilmington created a truly amazing experience for me and my bridesmaids when it came to getting ready for my husband and my special day! From hair and makeup trial through being on site to help us get ready, everything was seamless, and I LOVE the final results. I felt and looked gorgeous, and that is all thanks to Tatum and Taylor who killed it that day! If you are looking for talented professionals for your wedding, book GLOSS!

Sent on 07/04/2018
    Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service 15
    Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service 16
    Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service 17
    Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service 18

Megan · Married on 07/15/2017

Shannon and Tatum were amazing! I had 10 bridesmaids, and myself and with our hair and makeup, they were finished quickly, but so beautifully and amazing work for our special day! Thank you!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Sharon · Married on 06/11/2017

Emma was fabulous! She showed up ready to work and was so organized and professional. Not to mention a real joy to just talk to. I think she could sense I was beginning to get nervous and she was so calming while applying my make up and chatting with me. My niece was apprehensive about having her make up applied by someone else but after Emma did it, she was over the moon! She just loved it. Everyone looked perfect that day. Thank you Emma!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Kristin · Married on 06/10/2017

I originally chose Gloss because of their prices, flexibility, and other reviews. It was definitely the correct choice! When I went in for my hair and makeup trial, the woman who did my makeup discussed with me to find out exactly what I wanted (natural/air brushing/fake eyelashes). She did an amazing job, both on the trial day and the day of the wedding. For my hair, I thought I knew what I wanted and I came in with a picture. The woman who did my hair said it might not look great because of my dark hair, but she agreed to do it so we could see. When she finished, I decided I didn't like it, so she took it out and we tried a different style. She incorporated the braids and curls that I wanted and she came up with the most beautiful hair style. I was ecstatic. The same two women came to my house the day of the wedding to do hair and makeup for me, my bridal party, and the moms. Everyone was very happy with their resulting looks and we all looked fabulous for the big day. I highly recommend this company.

Sent on 07/18/2017
  • Kristy

Kristy · Married on 05/13/2017

Liz at Gloss in Newark did an awesome job on my make up the day of my wedding. She showed up at the hotel right on time, was fast and efficient while doing make up for myself, my mom, and some of my bridesmaids. I've been to/in a few weddings and Liz did a great job making me look natural and still look great for the camera, even handling my last minute change to my lashes.

Do yourself a favor and book Gloss Salon, you will not regret it!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Alyssa · Married on 05/13/2017

I was married in May & had Caitlyn as the main stylist and she was amazing. Very professional but fun !
    My wedding day might of been cold and rainy but our hair did not show it . It held all day we were all very happy ! Definitely recommend Caitlyn!!!!

Sent on 01/10/2018
    Gloss Salon and On-Location Hair and Makeup Service 19

Chrissy · Married on 02/19/2017

My sister and I both used Gloss for our weddings, which were a month and a half apart. I was so impressed with the girls that helped us for her big day that I requested her for mine as well. Shannon did not disappoint at all! We had a larger party and so Gloss sent 3 girls, all of whom were amazing, very friendly, and easy to work with. We held our wedding in Lancaster, and in order to be ready on time, the girls arrived at 7am, and even at that early time were on their A-game. All of my bridesmaids really enjoyed how east they were to talk to, and how great of a job they did with their hair & make-up. The team really listened to all requests that were made as far as hairstyles and how we all wanted our make-up done. I would recommend using Gloss for whatever event you have coming up!

Sent on 03/04/2017

Amy · Married on 11/06/2016

I am so happy with the services I received from Gloss Salon! They are so talented in what they do. They came to me at my venue for my wedding and did hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids and everyone was so pleased with the results. We got many compliments on our hair and makeup throughout the day. I definitely recommend them!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Erin · Married on 10/08/2016

Gloss provided the makeup services for myself, mother and bridal party (9 of us total) for my October 8th wedding at Deerfield Country Club! Liz was wonderful, and very relaxed which helped to ease my nerves that morning and afternoon prior to the wedding- she did a wonderful job, and everyone looked beautiful. I ended up being the only lady to have airbrush vs traditional makeup done, and it looked wonderful! Liz did a great job at blending, and minimizing the "caked on" look that airbrush makeup can sometimes have in close-up photos. As an October bride, I really wanted to do bold lips and cheeks (instead of traditional neutral makeup palette I did red lips) and was very encouraged when Liz became genuinely excited with my makeup ideas at my trial. I would recommend Gloss, in particular Liz, to anyone looking for a wonderful makeup artist!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Ashley · Married on 10/01/2016

If you are looking for makeup for a wedding or any special occasion, Kate Stout at Gloss is your girl! She had done my makeup for two other weddings so when it came time for my own, I knew I had to use her - she is amazing. Kate is professional yet fun, and will listen to you when you tell her what you are looking to do for your makeup - I felt so beautiful on my wedding day thanks to her. She is truly talented! Thank you, Kate!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Krista · Married on 09/24/2016

Lauren, Kate, and the team at Gloss were absolutely amazing. I had a huge entourage of girls that needed to get hair and make up done in a short amount of time and they made it look easy! Not only did we all look amazing, but they were professional, personable, and made the whole morning run smoothly. All 14 women were happy and that is not an easy task!! Thank you for making my day perfect!

Sent on 11/27/2016
  • I

Isabel · Married on 09/11/2016

The team at Gloss was great! Shannon and Katarina are professional and talented, as well as flexible. A person asked to have her hair done at the last minute, and they accommodated her without any issues. Everybody was happy with their looks, including my mom (she's a tough cookie). I was particularly happy with my makeup, which was natural and polished at the same time. I highly recommend Gloss Salon!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Corey · Married on 08/21/2016

Gloss did the hair and makeup for my wedding. I did the hair and makeup trial at the salon beforehand so the morning-of at the hotel they knew exactly what we were doing and were very efficient. They were wonderful all the way through, doing myself, all the bridesmaids, and my mother's hair and makeup. We all looked gorgeous! The hair and makeup stayed looking amazing all the way through the five hour event, including several hours of dancing. Thank you!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Leah · Married on 08/19/2016

Gloss was absolutely fantastic to work with for our wedding! It was so convenient that they did both hair and makeup and would travel to where we were getting ready! The girls were so fun the day of, and managed to get hair done for 10 girls, make up done for 8 girls and got us done ahead of schedule so we had a little extra time for more pictures. The prices were very reasonable and everyone looked so gorgeous. They are so good at what they do and so willing to adjust anything any of the girls wanted done. I would highly recommend the team at Gloss Salon!

Sent on 11/02/2016

I'm not a girl who gets her hair done very often . . . or actually at all, but this salon was incredible. They answered all of my numerous questions and responded wonderfully to some special needs of my wedding party. My hair-do was slightly unorthodox, but Tatum took on the challenge with enthusiasm and professionalism and made it perfect. That should be PERFECT with all capital letters. I LOVED IT!!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Gwen · Married on 06/17/2016

I am thrilled with the hair and makeup service provided by Gloss for my wedding. They came to my mom's house so we did not have to drive elsewhere before the ceremony. Some of my girls had their hair done at another salon, which did a terrible job. When they came to the house, the Gloss girls stepped up and repaired the damage so that everyone looked flawless for the day! They were so fun, kind, and accommodating, I highly recommend them for any bride.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Carla · Married on 06/11/2016

Tateum did an amazing job on my bridal hair and makeup and my 2 bridesmaids' hair & makeup for my wedding. Everyone was THRILLED with their hair and makeup and the prices were very reasonable. I'm not a makeup person, so I discussed this with Tateum so I wouldn't look like a different person on my wedding day because of so much makeup. She definitely heard what I was saying, and made me look so beauiful, and more importantly, I still looked like me! I was so impressed that my makeup remained flawless all day and night through pictures and dancing! Everyone at the wedding was just blown away by my updo. They couldn't get over how classicly elegant my hair looked! I absolutely loved the flexibility of Tateum being able to come to the bridal suite as well to create a stress-free environment. I would highly recommend Gloss Salon to brides and bridesmaids for you next wedding.

Sent on 07/05/2016

I was so pleased with Gloss! I first had my trial hair and makeup done there, and the day of I was feeling very sick. They did not discourage me from going, and gave me hot coffee and mints to help sooth my cough. They listened to what I wanted, and gave great suggestions. The day of the wedding they came to my parent's house right on time, and got straight to business. I thought everyone's hair and makeup looked beautiful, and the cost was competitive. Emma did my makeup, and if I had the money I'd hire her to come over every day! My only complaint would be that my hair started to fall down very quickly the day of the wedding, however I do think I could have spoken up sooner and asked for my support.

Sent on 05/28/2016