Gloriosa Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Kay S. Married on 10/30/2021

Amazing experience!

Mary jo was incredible. I highly recommend her to anyone!! She was easy to work with, and had so many options available. The flowers turned out absolutely beautiful. She’s great!
    John S. Married on 10/30/2021

Mary Jo really was amazing. Great at putting together a theme.

Flowers and decorations were absolutely stunning. Mary Jo did an incredible job for our wedding!
    Amberly P. Married on 10/23/2021

Incredibly beautiful florals on a day we'll never forget

Mary Jo created the most beautiful bouquets and arrangements for our wedding day. She perfectly captured the colors, the types of flowers, and the overall look we were going for. The floral structure she did in front of the tree were married under was stunning and beyond anything I could have hoped for.
    Mary Jo is incredibly knowledgeable on all different types of blooms and color theory. She really listened to all of our ideas and made lots of suggestions as well. As a postponed pandemic wedding, we were grateful to work with someone as kind, flexible, and patient as Mary Jo. She really made our wedding day beautiful and we cannot thank her enough.

Gloriosa's reply:

Amberly, Your review is so wonderful. Thank you for being one of my best brides to work with! We planned all of it during Zoom calls! Thank you for being so kind and appreciative of my work. I have always said it takes a team to put together a beautiful wedding. From start to finish you were a dream to be on that team! It was an honor to be a part of your wedding day! Thank you so much! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!
  • Ashley
    Ashley N. Married on 10/08/2021

Gloriosa is the BEST!!!

Mary Jo did the BEST job with our wedding flowers!! She was super responsive, flexible with working with me to pick the right flower choices, and on our wedding day the flowers were PERFECT. We were so incredibly happy that we picked Gloriosa!! :)
    N Roanoke Married on 09/25/2021

Beautiful Flowers for Vow Renewal

Mary Jo was wonderful to work with. She helped me choose colors, design, and what would work best for my budget. She & her team made our event so special. Every piece was beautiful! Thank you Mary Jo!
  • Katie
    Katie A. Married on 06/13/2021

Wonderful wedding florist

Mary Jo with Gloriosa was wonderful to work with. I had a vague idea of what I wanted and Mary Jo worked with me and brought it to reality. All of the flowers turned out beautifully. She also did a great job setting up the flowers at the venue the day of the wedding.
    My cascading bouquet turned out exactly how I wanted it and was even more beautiful then I ever imagined.
    Mary Jo was super easy to work with and answered all of my questions and helped to adapt to our needs throughout the entire process.
    Ashley R. Married on 05/22/2021

Ashley Ries (bride)

Mary Jo was amazing! She was literally a second mom to me during this entire process. I would message her any time I had a thought and she was quick to respond and help me make decisions! She knew exactly how to put each detail together and turned my wedding into a dream! She not only helped me with my florals ( which I have no knowledge of) she also helped me piece together my tables and many other decor items! I can’t recommend her enough. Love her.

Gloriosa's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! I enjoyed every minute of planning your wedding with you. You did an amazing job keeping it all together. It was all so lovely on the lake front property and you were stunningly beautiful! Love you too! Thank you
    Caitlin M. Married on 09/26/2020

Fantastic!

Mary Jo was so great! I inquired about her doing flowers for me pretty close to my wedding day and she quickly eased all my fears! I really had no idea what I wanted and she came up with a plan for mine and my bridesmaids flowers so quickly! She also did a beautiful arrangement for the arch for the ceremony and flowers for the ends of the aisles. I would definitely recommend her!!

Gloriosa's reply:

Thank you Caitlin for your kind words. It was a pleasure to create the flowers for your wedding and you were such a wonderful bride.
    I 'm so glad that you were happy with everything. All my best, Mary Jo
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 02/29/2020

Excellent service! Gloriosa made my vision come true!

Mary Jo with Gloriosa is a true professional and magic maker. She was extremely flexible and creative with our strict budget and listened carefully to my vision to create exactly what we wanted. She communicated frequently and kept me in the loop every step of the way. I highly recommend them for your wedding florals!

Gloriosa's reply:

You are so sweet Emily! Thank you for your kind words! We had such a good time planning and creating your dream wedding. The ballroom at the Patrick Henry looked gorgeous. Thank you for being such a wonderful bride. All the best, Mary Jo
  • Kristin
    Kristin R. Married on 02/09/2020

Gloriosa was a dream to work with!

Mary Jo and Gloriosa were a dream to work with for our dancing set at Mountain Lake Lodge. She created a lovely mix of sunflowers and rustic blue and white flowers to set the perfect tone for our ceremony set at the Gazebo and reception set at the Barn.
    Jemma M. Married on 10/12/2019

Breathtaking and beautiful

Very creative and talented work. The flowers were our main part of decor for wedding. Mary Jo took time to talk with us about our theme and colors we had for our wedding. On the day of our wedding Mary Jo came to present my bouquet and flower girl crown and I was speechless for how amazing they all looked and excited to see the outcome of her visions.

Gloriosa's reply:

Thank you so much Jemma! You were so beautiful and so happy on your wedding day. Your reaction made my day! It was a pleasure to create the flowers for your wedding. Thank you !
  • Devon
    Devon Married on 09/21/2019

Second to None

Look no further than Gloriosa!
    Mary Jo was both extremely knowledgeable about flowers and what would look good where, she was amazing to work with. Made us feel right at home the instant we met her!
    Our flowers were amazing and we recieved so many compliments from our guests.
    She also was able to provide us with many other rentable items that saved us purchasing and therefore money in the long run. When our venue didn't have the appropriate table linens for their tables, she special ordered for us.
    She and her team are simply the place to go to make your floral and decorative dreams come true on your special day!

Gloriosa's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Devon! It was such a pleasure to create the vision that you and Brian wanted for your wedding day! Thank you for being so wonderful! Mary Jo
  • Emilie
    Emilie B. Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing to work with!

Mary Jo of Gloriosa was truly amazing to work with for my wedding, she was able to take my vision and turn it into more than I could have imagined! She knew the name of every flower off the top of her head, gave me more ideas, and is so creative when it comes to flowers. She really was able to make my bouquet and floral arraignment’s into works of art! I would 100% recommend her to anyone who wants something fun, different, and a statement for their event!
  • Angela
    Angela Married on 06/15/2019

Gorgeous arrangements!

My husband and I were so pleased with the amazing work of Mary Jo and her team. The flowers provided served as most of the decorations at our wedding and we received so many compliments! She is very passionate about her work and aims to please! She insisted that I approve of my bouquet when she arrived on the day of, with the bouquet, she wanted to make sure I thought it was perfect and indeed it was! The flowers perfectly matched everything and we were so happy to work with her. We would highly recommend to anyone who wanted a superb floral experience for any occasion.

Gloriosa's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Angela! I enjoyed every moment of creating your flowers. You were a beautiful bride and a joy to work with. Thank you again!
    Mary Jo
    Kristin Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful flowers

Mary jo was so great to work with, she was very helpful and understood exactly what we wanted! The bouquets, center pieces, and chapel pieces turned out exactly as we had imagined!

Gloriosa's reply:

Thank you Kristin! So happy that you liked everything! It was a beautiful day and I appreciate you including Gloriosa in your wedding day! All the best! Mary Jo
    Samantha C. Married on 04/05/2019

Don't miss the chance to work with her

Mary Jo was truly a "god send" for our wedding. I'm not remotely good at picking flowers or reception details so it was so nice to have such a professional team member to make this day go off without a hitch. Our wedding reception theme?... May the Fourth Be With You. Mary Jo came up with the most detailed reception decorations - PEOPLE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT OUR WEDDING. I would absolutely recommend her - over and over again. She'll understand your vision and present you with options you never knew possible!
    Alisha J. Married on 09/29/2018

Committed to the Customer

Let me start off by saying, if you chose Gloriosa, you will not be disappointed! Prior to meeting with Mary Jo, I met with several local florist, who were either way outside my budget or didn't leave me feeling confident that they could deliver what I was looking for. My first meeting with Mary Jo far exceeded my expectations. She took time to listen to what I wanted, asked very detailed questions, had me look through pictures to help her get an idea of what I was looking for. When she sent the proposal it was very detailed and included pictures of the flowers she was going to use and even worked with me to ensure I stayed within my budget. A month out from my wedding, I had an episode where I got nervous and upset, afraid that the colors were not going to be what I wanted. Mary Jo called me late in the evening to walk me through a few options. When the flowers were delivered, I honestly couldn't believe how beautiful they were. My bouquet was absolutely gorgeous! Flowers can be a large expense, but I'd have to say they were worth every penny.

Gloriosa's reply:

Thank you Alisha! You were a pleasure to work with and I was thrilled that we nailed that color combination. The colors were vibrant and I know that day was very special to you and Tony. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it!
    Jamie Married on 09/29/2018

Beyond Excellent

I didn't have much of a vision for the floral part of my wedding except I knew I wanted pumpkins. Well Mary Jo somehow knew exactly what I wanted and made this process so easy. I'm not a huge detail person, so she helped me so much with all of it... while being long distance. I couldn't even imagine any of my flowers being any better. They were absolutely perfect and better than I ever imagined.
  • Aaren
    Aaren Married on 09/15/2018

Great experience!

We are really happy we chose Mary Jo/Gloriosa to make our wedding flowers for our wedding this past September! She did a beautiful job! The bouquets were stunning - I mean, just absolutely gorgeous! She made the guy's bouts exactly how I had imagined. They were perfect! She also made a beautiful bridal flower crown, which held up throughout the night and fit great! Everything was fresh, the bouquets and bigger arrangements lasted for a good week or so after the wedding, and it all photographed extremely well. We also rented our linens, clear flowers vases, silver dessert platters, candelabras, and candles from Mary Jo. It was all just as described, arrived clean and on time, and really made everything that much better! On top of all that, she came to the rescue 2 days before our wedding and got my bouquet, flower crown, and my husband's bout to our wedding planner so she could bring it to us for pictures at the venue (Hurricane Flo was giving us major doubts about Saturday's weather (outdoor wedding), so we opted for photos on Thursday when the weather was clear)! We can't thank her enough for all her hard work to make our day as beautiful as we planned it to be! You're the best, Mary Jo!
    Photos by: Ellie Richardson Photography
    Jennifer Married on 08/04/2018
    Mary Jo is a true artist! She worked with us to create a special day that was beautiful. The colors she suggested based on what we were looking for made the site so much more special. She also was extremely accommodating for the last minute changes to where the wedding was going to take place at the venue due to heavy rains the week before. She handled this very professionally and brought additional items to make it all work. I would highly recommend her.
    Mitra Married on 07/21/2018
    Mary Jo made our wedding look absolutely beautiful. We received so many compliments on the florals and were blown away by how perfect everything looked. I could not have been happier!
    Brittany Married on 06/09/2018

Ballast Point

I was a super laid back bride. I told MJ the vision of sorts then she and her team made it happen! They were wonderful, highly reccommend! Have them clean up after your night so your guests don’t have to!
    Jeanmarie Married on 05/26/2018
    When Chris and I decided to get married, I knew one thing - the flowers had to be magnificent. I don't mean over the top, but I had a vision of exactly what I wanted and a decent budget to stay within. For me, the flowers were the priority.

I didn't shop around for a florist, actually only set up two appointments. MaryJo was my first meeting and I had no need to go to the second after because she knew exactly what I wanted. She listed. She offered suggestions. And I felt like I would be working with someone who I was partnering with - not simply someone who was going to take the ball and run.

My experience working with MaryJo was smooth, professional and seamless.

I remember telling my best friend that I wanted guests to come into the tent and feel like they were at something special. Again, not over the top, but special. I wanted them to have that experience. And so, she paid close attention to everyone's reaction. They said it to each other and to me throughout the night, "I have never seen such beautiful tables... the FLOWERS!"

I highly recommend Gloriosa and would work with MaryJo again in a heartbeat if/when the occasion arises!

~ Jeanmarie Paolillo McFadyen
    Andrea Married on 05/19/2018
    Mary Jo scheduled a call with me as soon as I sent in my request for a quote. She went through every wedding detail with me, asked questions that I didn't even think about (she is incredibly impressive and knows her stuff), we passed inspirational photos back and forth over email and she didn't rush my thought process. She put me at ease and from our first call, I knew she was the person who would make my flower dreams come true! I am so thrilled with how it all came together and my family and friends still rave about the gorgeous photos and attention to detail. She also works with your budget and will get creative should you need other options. I am happy to share photos with my review. Thanks Mary Jo!
    Lindsay Married on 05/05/2018
    Mary Jo with Glorisoa Flowers is amazing! She did a great job understanding my vision and picking the perfect flowers to match. The flowers and bouquets she put together were the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. She has everything you'll need in terms of rentals as well. In fact, I ended up renting table runners from her that ended up tying my entire reception look together. She was at my venue early to deliver and set up. I had a center piece for the arbor we used, and her assistants set up the center piece and the fabric around the arbor for us! I can't recommend Gloriosa flowers enough!